A Tropical Thanksmas (Thanksmas 2023)

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: A Tropical Thanksmas (Thanksmas 2023)

Post by Meowmai »

Keeper wrote: Dec 21, 2023 2:39 am Gnoll & Unicorn

Thank you. We're all very proud. Jace says, glowing with pride even with his mental voice.
"Oh but you be careful though. Parenthood sneaks up on you. One day you're just a twenty-something year old adventurer trying to deal with some weird magics and next thing you know you've got kids popping into existence. Stay away from chaos magic it's better for you in the long run. We just got the good result." The rare good result.
I hope your goddess continues to look out for you. Sarenrae's children have always been good to us.
Gnoll & Unicorn

"Oh dear, I sure hope not. I'll keep a sharp eye out then, and stay back as far as I can if I run into any," she says, with another hyena-like chuckle. She smiles again, though this time softer. "Thank you. Don't know where I would be without Her. And may Her light guides your path in turn."
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Gnoll & Unicorn

I’m sure She has had our backs in the past. Jace says with a nod.
”Oh, and Eudaemonia said she might visit the Nexus some time. We offered her hospitality. If she comes we can always call you. She might have met Sarenrae. Almost definitely Iomedae with all the crusaders.”
Okay yeah now it’s officially a little weird that the Vallarms have gods on a first name basis.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Our Princess is in Another Castle
Sekhmet awkwardly approaches Hiep, with Khannie in tow. "Uh, Hiep. You're a tracker, right? Mary's been kidnapped, can you find her?"
Sekhmet really doesn't like asking Hiep for help, especially for anything involving Mary, but she needs those sidereal powers for this.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Meanwhile, at a slightly different point in time………

Felandria has taken her place on the Santa throne, Reginald and Skitty close by with their widdle hats.

Ho, ho, ho

Who’s next for their gift?
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Lounging About]

"Mogzoku," replies Mogzoku, flashing a cheery smile at Hiep. He seemed to be resisting the urge to say 'kupo' so as to avoid it getting confused as his last name.

[Our Princess is in Another Castle]

Asami remains stern as Khannie and Shekmet return, turning to Hiep. "If I knew her GPS coordinates... or even just what direction she's in, I could go right over there and bring her back," she says thoughtfully, crossing her arms, closing her eyes and tilting her head down.

[Different Time, Same Throne]

Apparently, there wasn't much of a line to see Santa this year, leaving a moderately large Siberian Husky in an appropriately-sized Santa outfit to beeline straight to the throne and sit at Fel's feet for a second. The dog, Jon, supports himself on Fel's lower leg before jumping up without warning and landing atop Fel's lap.

Jon lays across the lap, rolling on his side and facing Fel. From here, Fel can see that Jon had a shooting star-shaped collar and a bag of holding strapped across his neck below that. "*whine whine* (speak dog?)"
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

[brackets lover] wrote: Dec 25, 2023 5:27 am

Apparently, there wasn't much of a line to see Santa this year, leaving a moderately large Siberian Husky in an appropriately-sized Santa outfit to beeline straight to the throne and sit at Fel's feet for a second. The dog, Jon, supports himself on Fel's lower leg before jumping up without warning and landing atop Fel's lap.

Jon lays across the lap, rolling on his side and facing Fel. From here, Fel can see that Jon had a shooting star-shaped collar and a bag of holding strapped across his neck below that. "*whine whine* (speak dog?)"
Felandria casts a tongues spell on herself.

Yip bark arf!

Bark woof yip arf whine bark arf ruff, yip ruff bark whine arf woof arf?

(I do now!
You’ve been a very good boy this year, what can I get you for Thanksmas?)
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

As Khannie returns to the group an awfully familiar bottle, which is now opened, materializes right in front of Asami's face and immediately sprays her right in her face before falling to the ground where the rest of its contents slowly leaks out.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

Oh hey a bottle of soda appeared.

And sprayed Asami in the face as if someone had just shaken it up like crazy.

There's that itchy teeth feeling again, too. But there's something different between the sensation and what Khannie feels when Fortuna is getting up to stuff. It isn't very comforting regardless.

"I dunno anything about flying library mountains. Is the mountain upside down?"
Khannie asks, making a swirly motion with one hand. "With the pointy part facing down? 'cuz that might be Mount Improbable."

A rather notable landmark Outside, as it happens.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

"Hm? Gah-" Asami exclaims in surprise as she peeks with one eye at the bottle suddenly appearing and spraying her in the face, causing her to take a step back.

Her face becomes completely soaked as well as the top of her jacket as its hit by the continuous stream of the falling bottle. Asami tries to shield herself with her hands, but by the time she does, the bottle is already on the floor and getting her shoes wet too.

Asami keeps her eyes clenched tight to prevent any soda getting in. She frowns uncomfortably, looking like a injured puppy. The shock of the cold causes her to freeze up at the moment as her light goes out completely.

"Ruff yip arf! Whine yip? Woof bark arf arf, (Want see mom again! Can happen? So long not see,)" Jon replies, his head falling limply down as if in a deep yearning.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 23, 2023 12:59 pm East of Santa

Mat opens the box and gasps at the sight of the vambraces, taking them out and buckling them on. "Do you know, I don't think I've owned something explicitly magical before? Not counting Oakheart, anyway, and that's... produced using magic rather than enchanted." Her sword is still magic, just not actively so. It does nothing that another sword of Valyrian steel can't do.
East of Santa

The braces will subtly resize themselves as they're donned, fitting perfectly. Magic items are nice like that.

"You know, I haven't really either until today?" Darko touches the protective pendant that Khannie gave him. "I used to think all real magic was horrible and destructive and scary. But recently I've been learning that actually, only most of it is." Which is an important distinction to make.

"But I hope they're helpful! While also hoping that you don't need them too much." Obviously Mat is a warrior, and fighting is part of the deal, but the less truly deadly encounters the better.
horses can attack and eat me
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

"No, it's a different one. It was like the top of a mountain cut off and hovering in place." Hiep looks to Sekhmet when she comes in. "Yes, I've been trying to get some glimpse of her. I think I know what area that floating mountain is in, so once we're there we might find more." She whistles and her saddle-deer steps out from behind a tree. It was assuredly not there a moment ago. She ignores Asami's predicament as currently irrelevant to the matter at hand. Besides, the kid kind of had it coming.

[Lounging About]

"I'm Hiep." She's taking a risk of Mogzoku forgetting about her by the time they meet again. But she didn't want to use any of her fake destinies here. "Did you have a place in mind for that tea?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Sekhmet nods to Hiep's answer and spreads her wings. She looks at Khannie. "Can you fly? Or, uh, travel quickly any other way?" They can't afford to wait... Or at least not much because Sekhmet gets a little distracted when a bottle of soda appears and sprays Asami. "Oh, you poor thing! You," she indicates a serving golem, "fetch her a warm towel and some clean clothes." The stone and steel construct lumbers off in obedience.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Oh heck Asami just got pranked.

Possibly self-owned? Hadn't she given that bottle to Mary? Either way, things are moving quick and she doesn't really have time to dandle does she?

"Umm..."

Khannie can not fly. She's just a regular unicorn, not a fancy winged unicorn. That's a whole different category of thing. But Phelsie CAN fly. Bella can, too, but she can't really keep up with the dragon. But for this to work they're gunna need everyone together. Khannie takes a deep breath, sticks her fingers in her mouth, and gives a shrill whistle.

Shortly there after, Bella who's standing nearby vanishes, the Fox holding her mask at the end of her floofy tail. Where the Fox came from isn't exactly clear.

"How are you even loose and running around when I'm awake?" Khannie inquires of the Fox.
"Thanksmas magic, probably. So we're gunna try the thing? We've practiced a few times but this is gunna be the first real run," the Fox replies.
Khannie gives a nod, lights her horn, and casts a sleep spell on herself. Her humanish illusion immediately fails and the unicorn flops over into the sand.
The Fox immediately gets to work, floofing up her tail EVEN BIGGER until it completely envelops the unicorn in floofy darkness.

And then there's only the Fox (with a slightly bushier tail than usual) remaining. She gives her tail a flick, drawing forth a dragon mask and holding it up to her foxy face and-

Now Phelsumalaticuada the faewild dragon is standing there. She blinks a few times, her big butterfly scaled wings glittering in the warm sun, a lizardy grin on her face. "Okay we're going now, right? Saving Mary from the dragon?"

She hunkers down a bit before leaping skyward, getting her wings buzzing.

"I'm as ready as I'm gunna be let's go!"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Lounging About]

"Yep, kupo!" Mogzoku replies cheerily, "There's a pretty neat place I've seen around called 'Teaside'."

Thankfully, Hiep seems to know what she's doing. And it seems they're finally getting a move on, too. Asami lowers herself, getting into a starting position like an olympic sprinter. "Just say where! I can really just zoom over by myself, no problem."

Not only is Asami getting ignored and not even asked if she's ok (she isn't, unbeknownest to anyone there), but she's also getting pitied by... a mature lady with a nice body. Asami begins to feel some strange feelings, and so she faces away from Shekmet and blushes, some of the soda on her cheeks vaporizing. "H-huh?" she stutters.

Before Asami can make sense of her own feelings, Khannie is doing some weird things! There's a lot to unpack there, but time is of the essence, so Asami only exclaims in confusion, "Huh!?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

"It should be over in a northwestern direction. Mountainous terrain. I'll head there and hope for the best," Hiep tells Asami as she mounts her deer. "The rest of you, follow me. I'll speed our journey."

[Lounging About]

"Teaside, huh? It's a pattern around here." One of those Nexus mysteries. "See you there on Friday, then."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

"I'll be right behind you," Sekhmet is very fast in the air, even though the laws of physics would complain that her figure is nowhere near aerodynamic. And the urgency of her daughter being kidnapped will only add to her swiftness.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

[brackets lover] wrote: Dec 25, 2023 6:03 pm [Different Time, Same Throne]

"Ruff yip arf! Whine yip? Woof bark arf arf, (Want see mom again! Can happen? So long not see,)" Jon replies, his head falling limply down as if in a deep yearning.
Felandria considers the question, then gets an idea.

Arf ruff yip woof bark! (I’ve got just the thing)

Felandria reaches inside the bag and manages to pull out a doghouse.

She sets it down on the ground, the house says Home above the door.

Woof yip arf growl ruff bark, yip bark arf woof yip whine woof. (If you go in here, it will take you to your mom.)
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Asami nods to Hiep, ready to speed off. She'd wait for the towel and clothes, but this is an emergency! Hence, she prepares to launch forth like a bullet. Seeing as each step launches her a great distance when running, she doesn't have to touch the ground as much as a human. However, something was off today. Her aura quieted to a faint glimmer and her speed was reduced to that of a mortal, her awkward gait being completely unprepared for this and the shifting of her weight leaving her unbalanced body falling straight ahead. "Kya!" she shouts as she plummets to the ground, falling face-first.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Dec 24, 2023 4:05 am [Scarlet's Day Out]

"A new boyfriend?" Ana's brows shoot up. "Oh wow! I mean, like good for him. Plus, y'know, maybe he'll stop being such a jerk if he has someone making him happy now." There's some confusion in her expression. Why would that be something he'd tease Eliseo about?

"It sounds like you had fun though. I just hoped you saved some for me." Leaning upwards, Ana tilts her head and nuzzles against him cheek-to-cheek. It's a gesture she's started doing nowadays instead of the older routine of gentle bites and kisses. "Might have to give me a recap later. Scarlet doesn't really tell me anything."
[Scarlet's Day Out]

"I've always got more time for you, don't worry." Eliseo leans into her, happy to take whatever form of affection Ana is comfortable with right now.

He lets that sit for a moment, but a sense of guilt is eating at him. "But yeah maybe Senril will be a bit less sour. I mean, he is just kind of like that, but he's been worse sometimes because, uh, well he was kinda jealous of you."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Scarlet's Day Out]

Ana blinks at that, genuinely surprised. "Wait, really? I mean- Im not sure why, there's not really a lot I've got going on that-" And then the wires finally connect. "Hold on - did he- was he into you too?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Oh geeze Khannie is probably going to be feeling bad about this later. She's already got her nose pointed in the direction Heip indicated and she's flying off as quickly as she can! Which, frankly, isn't supernaturally quick but still as fast as a pretty fast bird. She's seen Asami do her light jump thing before and she's basically assuming Asami already teleported to where they're going and it doesn't even occur to her that something might be wrong.

So...

Yeah.

Asami might be getting left behind unless she starts shouting and Sekhmet decides to bring her.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Scarlet's Day Out]

"I guess so. I didn't really know. Not until I talked to him about being a jerk to you. We talked about it and that's why he ended up chilling out a bit after that." Eliseo rubs the back of his head and chuckles awkwardly. "I guess it's lucky he never worked up the guts to approach me about it before we met, huh?"
~Images by Soushiyo
bc56

Post by bc56 »

On the other hand, Sekhmet doesn't feel bad about leaving Asami behind at all.
She's more concerned about her daughter than some random weird kid. She definitely doesn't have any reason to take said kid into what's likely going to be a fight. So she'll just leave, following Hiep alongside Phelsie/Khannie
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Scarlet's Day Out]

"Haha, I'm pretty glad it worked out this way too. I think my life would be a lot different without you." And probably immeasurably the worse for her mentally. "But who knows - maybe Atsede would swoop me up and fix me. Or maybe he'd be too bitter and prickly for you, and you'd pick up on me staring longingly after you eventually." She grins. "You two could've made a cute couple though."
Last edited by Arkhosia on Dec 28, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Lounging About]

"Right, friday."

And thus, the date was set. There may be some idle banter following, but nothing of note until Mogzoku sees fit to go off and enjoy the rest of the party
Felandria wrote: Dec 26, 2023 9:41 pm Felandria considers the question, then gets an idea.

Arf ruff yip woof bark! (I’ve got just the thing)

Felandria reaches inside the bag and manages to pull out a doghouse.

She sets it down on the ground, the house says Home above the door.

Woof yip arf growl ruff bark, yip bark arf woof yip whine woof. (If you go in here, it will take you to your mom.)
The doghouse would take Jon to his mother? Only problem with that, the place where his mother is is cold. A veritable "wall of cold" preventing a rational human from even approaching. It seems the doghouse would take its occupant to an arctic realm where the ground was a bottomless sheet of snow and constant precipation limited vision to just barely in front of oneself. All this was accompanied by a void of darkness, as if it was a sunless realm.

Of course, Jon rose excitedly at the thought of seeing his mother again. He immediately dove to the ground and ran straight for the doghouse, entering the mysterious realm. Perhaps it would be advisable to send someone in after him? A deathly energy could be felt swirling all throughout this realm.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

[brackets lover] wrote: Dec 27, 2023 7:23 pm [Lounging About]

"Right, friday."

And thus, the date was set. There may be some idle banter following, but nothing of note until Mogzoku sees fit to go off and enjoy the rest of the party

The doghouse would take Jon to his mother? Only problem with that, the place where his mother is is cold. A veritable "wall of cold" preventing a rational human from even approaching. It seems the doghouse would take its occupant to an arctic realm where the ground was a bottomless sheet of snow and constant precipation limited vision to just barely in front of oneself. All this was accompanied by a void of darkness, as if it was a sunless realm.

Of course, Jon rose excitedly at the thought of seeing his mother again. He immediately dove to the ground and ran straight for the doghouse, entering the mysterious realm. Perhaps it would be advisable to send someone in after him? A deathly energy could be felt swirling all throughout this realm.
Felandria picks up Reginald.

Reginald, I need you to keep him safe, okay?

Here, take this.

She reaches into the bag and pulls out a Reginald sized collar, and one for Jon as well.

These will keep you safe from the cold.

And yours will let you use some of my magic to stay protected, it will also bring you back to me, okay?

Reginald nods and licks Fel’s nose before he hops out of her grip, grabbing the other collar for Jon and running into the doghouse after him.
Morty

Post by Morty »

Fortunately or otherwise, Hiep doesn't have any interest in bringing Asami along either. She simply puts on her poncho and rides off.

[A Fated Meeting]

A prosthetic arm of some kind? But made out of something different than metal, plastic or wood. Wenomir has come within a hair's breadth of losing his limbs before. He smiles and nods, acknowledging the joke, before taking a sip of the tea.

"Hmm. Very strong," he says.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Left Behind]

And Asami is left to her own devices. She wipes the blood and tears from her face before getting to her feet, standing around disorientated.

This is no good, she can't help at all like this. The rush of addrenaline wearing off, she begins to shiver. Oh, that's right! The golems are bringing over clothes as she thinks.

----

Having gotten changed into the skirt and blouse provided by the golem, Asami twists around to try and get a good look at herself. She wondered if Cheasadh would think this outfit was cute.

Thank you, she thinks towards Libra with sincere gratitude.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Left Behind]

Uh... you're welcome young one!

If you ever need anything else, don't hesitate to ask!
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Left Behind]

Asami is taken aback by the fact Libra responds, no really having had expected her to. Still, the fact she would do as much is still helpful information. With nervous apprehension, Asami continues, That's kind of you to offer. However, I worry you may be a bit too forceful when dealing with material people. Is it because you don't understand them much? My sister's kind of like that, too.

A beat.

I feel like I'd relate to you better if I was in my star form. Or maybe you could take up a mortal form, like me? In essence, Asami was passively making a request to Libra for them to lower themselves to an equal level for the purpose of being able to understand each other better, being too subconsiously afraid to ask directly.