A Tropical Thanksmas (Thanksmas 2023)

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: A Tropical Thanksmas (Thanksmas 2023)

Post by [brackets lover] »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 08, 2024 10:01 am [Left Behind]

It's unclear. Honestly, most people don't even ask about this stuff so it's probably best not to think about it. Is how Libra answers Asami's first question.

Whereupon she then mentally shrugs.

But sure, I can restore that bottle. One moment.

And in that moment the night sky itself, stars and all, seems to manifest itself like a thick mist around the bottle. Then as it fades the bottle is once more filled up with the contents Asami had put in and the cap is tightly put back in place.

There you go. But answer me this then, since you're calling this a 'game' are you in the same camp as Zee and, uh, that little one she got? Like, that no one is real but them?
[Left Behind]

Asami raises an eyebrow. What? No. I was just using the same word you used. Zee and Lapis are Empyreans, which means nothing they say can be taken at face value. The Empyreans... will only further suffering in the world in the single-minded pursuit of their goals. She thinks for a moment. I've had multiple experiences that could lead me to believe this world really is some sort of game. But, that still feels like too simply of an answer. Though, it would explain what Zee meant when she said she can "read" people.

She crosses her arms, a pensive look on her face. Er, excuse me for nerding out like that. At any rate, I have no further wishes, so... I won't hold you any longer. Have fun.

On that note, Asami casually bows and returns to the snack table, stuffing her face. She'd still be listening in for Libra, but may assume they've 'left' based on the response given. For the rest of the party, Asami may return to Cheasadh or look for Darko, but otherwise has gotten any noteworthy interactions out of the way and would be casual or non-talkative for the rest of the party.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Host Gifting
"It, uh, is pretty heavy, it's just spread out across your whole body so it's easier to carry," Sekhmet replies. "One more thing." She retrieves a silk handkerchief and wraps it around Prumathe's wrist. "It's a token of my favor, for my champion." She'll then give him a peck on the cheek and they can go back to the party.

"I have more gifts to hand out. I'll see your around," Mary says and leaves Agate to go find other friends.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Santa Fel awaits the next person in line to get their present!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Mat the Squirrel, her discussion with Darko done, heads over to her friends to let them know she's going to Santa, and heads up. She's a red-furred squirrel-girl- more 'squirrel' than 'girl', having only a human size and frame- wearing a green bikini, a marble torc and a pair of leather vambraces. Her tail's thick and bushy, her ears are tufted, and the fur on her front is mostly white, from neck down and along the bottom of her tail.

"Hi, Santa. Um, I don't know if you can do this, but... Some of my ancestors used woad to dye their fur before battle, and as I'm training to be a hero, I'd like to know what designs and recipes they used. I don't have anyone to ask, though, nobody in my family's old enough to remember. Could I have a history of squirrel warfare with a chapter on woad, please?" Mat's very nervous, and really isn't expecting this to be something possible. But it's been playing on her mind ever since Khannie said it'd be cool when they went to the Neon Bunker together with Darko and Achuak by accident.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Earl of Purple wrote: Jan 12, 2024 11:21 am Mat the Squirrel, her discussion with Darko done, heads over to her friends to let them know she's going to Santa, and heads up. She's a red-furred squirrel-girl- more 'squirrel' than 'girl', having only a human size and frame- wearing a green bikini, a marble torc and a pair of leather vambraces. Her tail's thick and bushy, her ears are tufted, and the fur on her front is mostly white, from neck down and along the bottom of her tail.

"Hi, Santa. Um, I don't know if you can do this, but... Some of my ancestors used woad to dye their fur before battle, and as I'm training to be a hero, I'd like to know what designs and recipes they used. I don't have anyone to ask, though, nobody in my family's old enough to remember. Could I have a history of squirrel warfare with a chapter on woad, please?" Mat's very nervous, and really isn't expecting this to be something possible. But it's been playing on her mind ever since Khannie said it'd be cool when they went to the Neon Bunker together with Darko and Achuak by accident.
Santa Fel reaches into the sack.

Why, of course you can!

Here we are!

Santa Fel pulls out a thick tome entitled “The Complete History of Squirrel Warfare” with a star shaped sticker on the corner that says “Including a detailed chapter on woad!”

She hands it to Mat.

Here ya go, dear.

Hope this helps.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Mat's eyes widen when she sees the book, immediately flipping it open to look at the pictures. Sure enough, there's a section on woad designs, and to prove it's the right kind of squirrel on the opposite page is a depiction of Idga Drayqueen's Royal Banner- a flag her grandfather had served under and recaptured after it fell into verminous hands. "This is... this is brilliant. Thank you, Santa!" Mat closes the book and throws her arms around Fel in a hug.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Jan 07, 2024 4:19 pm [A Fated Meeting]

Coco's head rotates on her neck as she croons. She realizes her human can keep from making any noises for a long while. But she only understands the words she was trained to understand, so she doesn't worry about it. And she's very happy to play with Civvy. She's a fluffy little ball of energy and very happy to meet someone who can keep up.

Naku is right that many of Wenomir's stories are hardly suited for the occasion. But not all of them. There is one that, while embarrassing at the time, is funny now. Even if it took place in a building that's an old wound of his.

"There was a time I had to flee from furniture. It was... do you know the old Watchtower? Where we dwelt before we became Vigil and before it was destroyed. We had to clear it out first, as it had been abandoned for years. One of the rooms contained furniture with some kind of... mold on it. Or fungus. It animated the furniture, which threw itself at me. My sword proved insufficient against it."
[A Fated Meeting]

'only understanding the words she was trained to understand, so doesn't worry about it' is a mindset Civvy both shares, and agrees with, Coco on. Civvy makes note to talk to Naku about it later. She had brought her archangel with her to meet some friends!!! Not sit quietly and refuse to make friends!
>:T

Truthfully, if Wenomir had said that 'no, he didn't have any stories that fit the mood' she . . . would absolutely have understood, and would have pressed no further. But thankfully, he had, and she could only barely stop a smile from finding its way to her face.
Well. As much a smile as the oh-so-stoic vampire would have, out in public company. That is to say, the faintest micro little twitch at the corner of her mouth, but a deep set twinkle in her eyes. Both of which would have been utterly lost on someone any less stoic and brave than Wenomir, but likely read plain as day to him.
"I attempt to stay out of the affairs of the Acros." Naku admits, regarding the old Watchtower. "Though someday, Civvy does wish to go with me to visit HALO." was her last addition, before falling silent, and listening to Wenomir.
That ghost of a smile hit her lips, and she nods. "I have never tried cutting furniture with a sword. But I can understand it . . .
Being insufficient. I have been learning the art of wood smithing. My money would be on the furniture.

I trust you succeeded, in the end?"