[Location]

Personal homes and private lots.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Location]

Post by [brackets lover] »

Ah yes, locations. The Nexus is full of them. So what makes this location different than the others? Nothing, really, save for its not one specific location, or even a specific category of locations. Rather, its the turbulent unwritten areas of the world that shift and shape themselves to serve a purpose in the grand narrative.

In other words, the general thread for places I make up and intend to use for more than a single casual scene.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: [Location]

[Outdoor Movie Place] (open)

In its own little stretch of area in inside stood a scenic property. A sprawling parking lot faced a massive movie screen with a local burger chain built to the side, a playground further out.

Behind the parking lot stood a grassy hill, suitable for people who don't have cars or chairs to sit as they view the movie. With pleasant air and comforts abound, watching a movie in this manner was quite a memorable experience.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Outdoor Movie Place

Darko is in fine spirits today. Classes have been going great, his magic has been extremely docile, and the warmer weather has been a nice change. And now he's going to see a movie! And one in color, no less? How cool is that?

Ditching the PREP uniform for his skeleton hoodie, Darko strolls down the grassy hill, looking around. Asami is supposed to be here... right? His roommate had been strangely vague about the whole thing, almost as if he wanted Darko to just go alone. Which he's fine with- he's been mostly alone for the last five years, so he's just to not having company.

Besides, his invisible friend is always with him, so he's never really alone.

But maybe there's some other students here. Darko scans the slowly gathering crowd, seeing if there's any friendly faces to approach. Why not check, after all?
horses can attack and eat me
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Outdoor Movie Place]

(Un)fortunately, a familar face spots him first, and comes bounding up to him at the first available opportunity. "Konbanwa, Darko-kun!"

"Shhh!"

The orange-faced succubus smiles apologetically, but keeps up her approach and plops down next tk Darko. "Konbanwa!" She repeats, more quietly.

Like Darko, she's changed clothes since coming back from school, changing out her normal seifuku for a pair of khaki shorts and a t-shirt, both of which look like they were originally made for someone with a larger frame than her. Her tail is caught up in the left pant leg, as there doesn't seem to be a separate hole cut for it, and her wings poke awkwardly out of a lopsided window in the back that looks like it was cut with a pair of scissors.

She's also absolutely loaded down with snacks, including but not limited to a bag of popcorn that's almost as big as her torso, a drink carrier with three different sodas, several boxes of candy, and a grease-stained box that smells like warm cheese and probably contains pizza or nachos. This makes it a little difficult for her to give Darko her customary greeting (she can't build up enough speed and her arms are occupied), which is probably just as well, with how quiet the rest of the audience seems to want her to be.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Outdoor Movie Place

Oh, there is someone here! Darko gives her a cheerful little wave. "Konbanwa, Koko-chan!" he says, patting the ground beside him. Luckily he's been practicing his Japanese. The annoyed people can chill out- an outdoor movie is never going to be a completely quiet affair.

And he can't help but notice that her clothing isn't exactly well tailored. It's a relatable struggle- most of his clothing is stolen, and none of it completely fits. He makes a mental note to buy her something that's made for winged people to wear.

Which isn't as generous as it might seem. Darko still has all that cursed gold to get rid of.

"Wow, are you meeting anyone here?" he asks, raising an eyebrow at the armful of food. Maybe she's just got a big appetite, but the multiple sodas does seem to imply it's not all for her. He glances in the direction she's come from, half expecting there to be more students following her.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Outdoor Movie Place]

"Nope!" Koko replies cheerily, setting the snacks next to her as she lays out on the ground. "Well... I mean, I wasn't planning on it. Asami-kun asked me to check this place out, since he couldn't... he said he was too cold. I thought he'd probably want to know what everything on the menu tasted like, so I went and got it!"

Because she most definitely planned ahead so she could give him a full review and didn't just impulsively buy everything that seemed to appeal to her.

"But hey! You're here, too! Which is good, 'cause now I've got someone to share all this stuff with!" She grins and plops the comically oversized popcorn bag in between them. "Mum always used to say a fish loses its flavor when you eat it alone. I don't have any fish here but I don't want any of this stuff to lose its flavor, either!" She grins.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Outdoor Movie Place

Unaware of Koko, Darko, and Asami, Agate arrives here. She's been saving up a while for tickets, and is not in her usual school outfit. Instead, she's wearing a pair of distressed jeans, with holes in the knees and frayed at the bottom, and a dark green t-shirt under a red baseball jacket she's left unzipped. The dwarf's metallic copper hair is swept back into a low ponytail and somewhat recently washed, judging by the faint green traces at the end where it's gotten a bit of verdigris. She's going to look for somewhere to sit on her own. She's carrying a bottle of sparkling water and a packet of salt-and-vinegar crisps.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Outdoor Movie Place]

While Asami typically flunked his classes, there was one narrative lesson in particular that stood out to him. The "scene separation" distance. Obviously, if you're right up next to someone, they're gonna notice you. But get a little further away? You can blend in with a crowd of npcs. That way multiple disconnected plots can occur in the same setting without get intertangled and convoluted.

Asami stayed this distance away from Koko and Darko, wearing a pair of straight-cut mid-blue jeans and a black Sonic The Hedgehog print hoodie. Also, instead of wearing his usual purple light-up sneakers, he was wearing blue light-up sneakers. He was the very picture of masculinity, though currently away from view. Eventually, Agate will run out of "crisps" and have a need to throw away the packet, at which point they'd notice a tipped over trash can near the playground area with a beam of light shooting out of it.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Outdoor Movie Place

"Huh, Asami asked you to come here too? That's weird," says Darko thoughtfully, "He told me to come here too, because he wants me to be cooler and watching movies is cool? I haven't seen many so maybe he's right." Weird coincidence! And it's not even that cold out.

But there are more important things to worry about, like all these snacks. While he wasn't going to be impolite by asking, he's quite pleased at the offer of sharing Koko's food. It's rare when Darko isn't a little hungry. "Oh man, thanks! Your mum sounds like a pretty cool person."

He helps himself to a handful of popcorn. Oh, this is much better than the nasty stale stuff they have at the Theatre. "So, I think this movie is called The Princess Bride... it's in color apparently. Have you heard of it?" Darko asks, glancing over at the screen. Still just advertisements.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Outdoor Movie Place

Americans call them 'chips', but to me those are the thick, fluffy fried potato wedges served with battered fish at the seaside. Crisps are, in fact, crisp and crunch when eaten.

Agate heads over to the rubbish bin and peers inside it. "Hey, Asami. Will you be able to see the film from in there? I've got some rubbish to throw away, and this is the closest bin." The dwarf doesn't make any comment about how she has found Asami or what the star-boy may be up to sitting in rubbish, and will go to the next furthest bin if he doesn't make any effort to move.

[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Outdoor Movie Place]

Upon being noticed by Agate, Asami is taken aback and shouts under his breath, "Gya!" Surprise wearing off, he worriedly smiles at his friend and waves. "H-hey aga-" he says, interrupting himself as he realizes he doesn't know if Agate knows about him being a boy sometimes now, "-te."

Asami ruffles up her hair in some attempt to girlify it on the spot. For some reason, she got a bit brighter as she did this. "Ehehe~ my light kind of, uhm, got like this again." She buries her face in her hands. "I hate this. What's wrong with me…?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Outdoor Movie Place

"Right. Is... there anything I can do to help? Get you chocolate, maybe, or marshmallows?" Agate blinks a little and diverts her eyes when Asami gets brighter, since she's not packing any sunglasses. She's started carrying some when she goes to school, but she wasn't planning on meeting Asami here so left them at home.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

quillpleasant wrote: Apr 05, 2024 4:03 am Outdoor Movie Place

"Huh, Asami asked you to come here too? That's weird," says Darko thoughtfully, "He told me to come here too, because he wants me to be cooler and watching movies is cool? I haven't seen many so maybe he's right." Weird coincidence! And it's not even that cold out.

But there are more important things to worry about, like all these snacks. While he wasn't going to be impolite by asking, he's quite pleased at the offer of sharing Koko's food. It's rare when Darko isn't a little hungry. "Oh man, thanks! Your mum sounds like a pretty cool person."

He helps himself to a handful of popcorn. Oh, this is much better than the nasty stale stuff they have at the Theatre. "So, I think this movie is called The Princess Bride... it's in color apparently. Have you heard of it?" Darko asks, glancing over at the screen. Still just advertisements.
[Outdoor Movie Place]

Koko giggles. "Silly Asami-kun! You can watch movies no matter how cool you are!" She gives Darko a series of playful boops on the nose. "Just, like, that. You're plenty cool even if you haven't seen any movies!"

Although it is a little weird that he apparently lives in a theater and hasn't watched any movies. What does he do all night, play with the acoustics? She couldn't really blame him if he did. The echoes in a big empty theater must be fun!

"Yeah, by the way. Mum was pretty cool. People would always come to see her even if they weren't going to buy hugs from her!" She giggles. "I guess they liked talking to her. She had a way of making people feel good, you know?"

"The Princess Bride?" Koko makes a "yuck" face. "That sounds like the kind of movie aunt Yonaka would make me watch to 'show me how a proper young lady behaves'. I don't want to see any more hoity-toity princess stuff! I wanna see swordfights and monsters and stuff like the sailors would always tell me about!"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Outdoor Movie Place

The nose boops get a giggle from Darko, and face flushes slightly. Koko is clearly just trying to be polite, but it's nice to be called cool regardless. "Look who's talking, cool kid Koko. I saw a couple movies as a kid, but I don't really remember them. Something about a guy who missed his sled?" His memories from before the Theatre are fuzzy at best.

Then Koko says something a little confusing. "Buying hugs? People can do that? Huh." Darko likes hugs, but he doesn't feel like he would ever buy one. "Well, she must have been pretty nice if she was hugging people that much. Did you have a dad?"

He shrugs. "And yeah, unfortunately I can't imagine this movie has much in the way of sword fights? But I don't know, romance stories can be nice. I love love, you know?" Darko smiles goofily. He tends to get a bit sappy about that kind of thing.

Oh, hopefully it doesn't make him cry. That would be embarrassing.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Outdoor Movie Place]

Asami presses her face down against her arms in a bit of an unsanitary manner. Nervous, she replies appreciatively, "I... could use some chocolate."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

quillpleasant wrote: Apr 05, 2024 8:19 pm Outdoor Movie Place

The nose boops get a giggle from Darko, and face flushes slightly. Koko is clearly just trying to be polite, but it's nice to be called cool regardless. "Look who's talking, cool kid Koko. I saw a couple movies as a kid, but I don't really remember them. Something about a guy who missed his sled?" His memories from before the Theatre are fuzzy at best.

Then Koko says something a little confusing. "Buying hugs? People can do that? Huh." Darko likes hugs, but he doesn't feel like he would ever buy one. "Well, she must have been pretty nice if she was hugging people that much. Did you have a dad?"

He shrugs. "And yeah, unfortunately I can't imagine this movie has much in the way of sword fights? But I don't know, romance stories can be nice. I love love, you know?" Darko smiles goofily. He tends to get a bit sappy about that kind of thing.

Oh, hopefully it doesn't make him cry. That would be embarrassing.
[Outdoor Movie Place]

"Me? Cool?"

It's Koko's turn to blush, her cheeks flooding with a ruddy oramge color. "That's very nice of you, Darko-kun." She says, hiding her mouth behind her hands. "So cool... eee~!"

Then Darko asks about her father, and her expression softens.

"My daddy?" She asks, picking a set of kernels with her fingers. "Yeah, I... I had a daddy. For the longest time, I didn't think I did; when I asked mum who my daddy is, she would usually say something like 'this city is your daddy, sweetie', which I always kind of liked. It made the whole town seem a lot friendlier."

"Then I met him; my real daddy. The emperor himself." She grins. "Can you believe it? After going so long without having a daddy, I get one, and he's the biggest, most imporantest man in the whole wide world! And not just him; I get a sister and an auntie, too! Although aunt Yonaka never seemed to like me much. She'd call me things like 'little green mistake' and 'shamefully indiscrete'. Daddy told her to stop and she did. Mum told me to be super nice to her and maybe she'd come around."

Koko's gaze falls. "...Maybe she would have. Guess I'll never know now."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Outdoor Music Place- Start of the Alphabet

"OK, I'll go get some chocolate. I'd tell you to wait here, but with how bright you're glowing, I'll find you even if you move." Agate smiles and jogs off to buy a pair of chocolate bars, throwing the empty bag away whilst she does so.

She won't be long, unless the queues are extreme; as a character played by a Brit, she does not cut in line.

[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Outdoor Movie Pl-A-ce]

Is cutting in line a thing people do elsewhere? First I've heard of it.

Regardless, once Agate comes back with the chocolate bars, Asami happily accepts her's. "Ahh you're an angel, Agachan!" she cheers before taking a bite of the chocolate, her light gradually becoming more pleasant and spring-esque as she chews. She's still shining more than usual, but doesn't pose any overt danger as she slinkers out of the trash can. Of course, she sweeps at her clothes to get the trash off. Afterwards, she digs into the overstuffed backpack she left by the side of the trashcan, pulling out a blanket which she drapes over her head, absorbing her light into it and consequently glowing bright reddish. "So, you come here by yourself?" she asks casually.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Outdoor Movie Place

"The cooliest!" confirms Darko, grinning at her reaction. But his smile fades into thoughtfulness as she talks about her father.

Well, he knew that she was supposed to be an empress, so it makes sense that it's hereditary. Still, he hadn't fully considered what the title meant before. And the way she talks about it makes it seem like her dad was more than just the emperor of a single country, which is pretty mind boggling.

"Well he also sounds pretty cool." Darko wants to say something about her rather mean sounding aunt, but criticizing someone he doesn't know without full context isn't the best.

"I don't really think a person can be a mistake. And regardless of what your aunt said or thought, I'm glad you're here now." That'll have to do.

Darko glances at the movie screen. "I don't wanna distract you too much from this, but if you ever do wanna talk about what happened, I'm a good listener. One of my many talents." The fact that he didn't really talk for a few years helped with that.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Outdoor Movie Pl-Ace

It may be rude elsewhere, in the UK it's a social crime of the basest and most reviled sort.

Agate smiles as Asami as the star-person climbs out of the bin, and will pick the bin back up whilst Asami brushes herself down. "Yeah, just me today. I've not seen the film, and I had a bit of money saved up- and my dads gave me a bit more, when they asked what I was counting money for. Not much, just a half-dollar. I was three shillings short. How about you? You here with anyone?"

[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Outdoor Movie Pl-Ace]

"Shill... ings?" Asami asks. While her facial expression was hidden, the tilt of her head and droop of the blanket was expressive enough. She had never heard that word before in her life.

"Well... I was planning on doing a plot here, but it kind of fell through. Wait a second..." Her head lowers as she presses her left hands knuckles against her left cheek. "You had to pay to get in??? Huh." Asami had a remarkable knack for not even noticing things that would normally affect people, like having to pay admission fees.

"Anyways, since we're both here alone, why don't we be here together." Asami's voice cracks, causing her to hunch over nervously.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

quillpleasant wrote: Apr 06, 2024 10:08 pm Outdoor Movie Place

"The cooliest!" confirms Darko, grinning at her reaction. But his smile fades into thoughtfulness as she talks about her father.

Well, he knew that she was supposed to be an empress, so it makes sense that it's hereditary. Still, he hadn't fully considered what the title meant before. And the way she talks about it makes it seem like her dad was more than just the emperor of a single country, which is pretty mind boggling.

"Well he also sounds pretty cool." Darko wants to say something about her rather mean sounding aunt, but criticizing someone he doesn't know without full context isn't the best.

"I don't really think a person can be a mistake. And regardless of what your aunt said or thought, I'm glad you're here now." That'll have to do.

Darko glances at the movie screen. "I don't wanna distract you too much from this, but if you ever do wanna talk about what happened, I'm a good listener. One of my many talents." The fact that he didn't really talk for a few years helped with that.
[Outdoor Movie Place]

"Hee. Thank you." Koko smiles, leaning up against him as she looks up at the screen, watching a trailer for a dog movie without continuing the conversation for a moment.

Then, just when it starts to sound like she's going to let the subject drop, she starts sniffling again, wrapping her arms around Darko's shoulder and squeezing.

"...She wasn't wrong." Koko says quietly. "I didn't know that at the time, but I do now. Daddy took a big risk whenever he went to see mum. He took an even bigger one when he let me and mum into the palace. Aiai would say he was being irresponsible, and we'd never do what he did. I'm glad he loved me and mum that much."

"...I'm glad to be here, though." She smiles. "And I'm glad you're here, too."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Outdoor Movie Place

Darko is happy to let Koko move on if that's better for her, and he's not complaining about the proximity. But the trailer is a little distracting, purely because there's actually moving pictures with color. That's absolutely crazy. And it's so crisp! It's like looking through a portal!

He's about to remark on this amazing sight when he realizes Koko is crying. Oh no! He reaches over to give her hand a reassuring squeeze as he listens.

"Have you heard of serendipity? It means 'a happy accident'. Not everything unexpected is bad," he whispers back. "You dad loved you, and he didn't regret you. Nothing anyone else says will change that, even Aiai."

He falls silent for a moment. This discussion is bringing up memories of his own parents, and that familiar aching guilt wells up. Best to stay focused on the present. Sighing, Darko blinks the thoughts away.

"I'm glad I'm here too. Seeing a cool movie with a cute girl? Doesn't get better than that."

Wait, did he just say that? Shit.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Outdoor Movie Pl-A-ce

"One of these." Agate produces a round silver-coloured coin worth twelvepence, a profile of a woman on one side, the words REGINA + ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA around her head, and a coat of arms on the other with three slender lions within a shield topped by a crown, 19 on the left and 62 on the right, FID DEF on the top and ONE SHILLING on the bottom.

"You might not have needed to, you're tall. I paid for a ticket so I can sit in one of the chairs they provide over there." Agate gestures, since she didn't want to just stare at the back of someone else's head through the movie. "What, like a date?" Agate will watch Asami's reaction for a moment before smiling. "Sure, sounds good."

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Outdoor Movie Place]

Koko beams. She might have had a hard time calling herself cool, but cute? She's a small succubus that says hello by hugging people. She can totally see people thinking of her as cute.

"Arigato." She smiles, leaning her head against his shoulder. "I agree. Going out to see a cute movie with a cool guy? It's the bestest."

Serendipity, huh? There had to be a lot of that going around. In her being born, in her getting the life she had before the Nexus, and again in her coming to the Nexus, then in splitting up like this and only then meeting Darko?

...Huh. Now that she thinks about it, she'd regarded most of those as displeasing. Growing up was hard. Losing her family so soon after finding it was hard. Running a country and getting thrown out by her own people was hard. The split itself was a result of her getting desperate during her rivalry with Mary. And yet... if any of that hadn't happened, she wouldn't be sitting here trading compliments with Darko.

"...The bestest." Koko echoes excitedly.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Outdoor Movie Pl-A-ce]

Asami pushes the blanket to the side so she can see what Agate is holding, gazing curiously at the shilling.

At Agate's question, Asami pauses for a second and looks lost. Suddenly, she smiles brightly. "Yeah, like a date," she agrees confidently, moving to hold Agate's hand and follow her lead.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Outdoor Movie Place

Darko smiles down at Koko as she puts her head on his shoulder, glad she's in a good mood. And she really is cute. Somehow he hadn't fully noticed that before.

And with that realization comes a sudden rush of self consciousness. He's sitting, in dim lighting, with a very pretty girl leaning on him, seeing a movie together. And she thinks he's cool.

Oh god, this situation is terrifying. What if he says the wrong thing? This isn't a date, so it would be weird to think of it like that at all, right? Koko is just a very peppy, sweet person who hugs people a lot. It has nothing to do with him, because no one would ever think of him as anything but a slightly lame friend. She's absolutely just being nice. Right, good, nothing to worry about then. Just watch the movie and don't make it weird.

Acting purely on impulse, he leans his head down to rest it against hers for a moment. No! "Well I think you're the bestest." No!!!

His brain overtaking his heart, Darko straightens back up and clears his throat nervously, making unwavering eye contact with the movie screen. Okay, looks like it's starting. Maybe that'll distract Koko enough so that she doesn't notice when a hole opens beneath him and swallows him up forever.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Outdoor Movie Place]

If Darko ever needed proof that he was capable of more magic words than "alakazam" or "abracadabra", he would have it right here. Because the moment they hit Koko's ear, it turns that telltale shade of orange and stays that way for a solid minute, culminating in her rubbing it against his shoulder in an attempt to get the resulting itch out and definitely not as yet another gesture of affection.

Koko doesn't, at first, seem to be especially enthused by the movie; she's not seeing any princesses or brides here. Apparently this movie's about a sick kid? Not that she doesn't feel for him- quite the opposite, it's an immediate point of sympathy- but it's not what she'd been led to expect.

Oh, wait a moment, here comes mom. And now grandpa. And now brazen audience surrogacy.
Grandfather wrote:Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles.
...Okay, that was also not the movie she'd been led to believe she was signing up for. But it definitely got her attention, in a good way.

All throughout the opening scenes, she doesn't let go of Darko's arm. And with her head right there, he'd be hard-pressed to somehow miss the dreamy sighs, the little "oohs" and "oh no"s that follow Westley's apparent tragic demise and Buttercup's arranged marriage to Humperdink (whom she seems to have to restrain herself from booing on the spot), and of course, when she inevitably starts crying again; not in a "I want to stop watching the movie" sort of way, so much as a "oh my, that's so terribly sad, I feel so bad for you and I hope you get a happy ending" sort of way.

Regrettably, with her as enraptured in the movie as she is, she ends up leaving the snacks more or less untouched.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Outdoor Movie Place

Darko glances down at Koko as she rubs against his shoulder and relaxes a little. At least his impulsivity didn't make her uncomfortable. Well, it's not like this is a date, and it's not like she actually likes him, but... whatever it is, it's nice to have her this close for this long.

Really nice.

And the movie is pretty great too. It could have been some boring corporate drama and Darko would still probably be hooked just by how crazy it is to see people in color on such a huge screen. But this movie also has true love! And sword fights! And a battle of wits! As the mysterious yet strangely familiar man in black vanquishes Buttercup's captors one by one, Darko stares enraptured at everything that's going on.

And the way that all this is being told as a story tickles the Narrative awareness in his brain. It's very true to life, in a way that most people don't seem to really realize.

But despite this excitement, Darko can't help but pay slightly more attention to Koko than the movie. Her reactions are quite distracting, but not in a bad way. Not at all. When she starts tearing up, he reaches over to give her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Don't worry, I think she's gonna be okay," he whispers.

And despite Darko's usual appetite, he's also forgotten entirely about the food. But something else hasn't, as occasionally a couple pieces of popcorn float into the air and disappear, as if someone invisible is snacking on them. Which is in fact exactly what's happening.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Outdoor Movie Place]

Well, if things are going to get better for poor Buttercup, it looks like they're certainly going to get worse first. Koko can hardly imagine what it would be like to lose one's lover. Add being engaged more or less against her will to it, and then subsequently being kidnapped by circus performers, the leader of whom seems intent on killing her, albeit in a rather specific way, and...

Ouch.

She can't really blame the woman for jumping off that ship at the first available opportunity. It was probably her best chance for getting away from her kidnappers. It might even have worked, if not for one tiny little problem.
Vizzini wrote: Do you know what that sound is, Highness? Those are the shrieking eels! If you don't believe me, just wait. They always grow louder when they're about to feed on human flesh! If you swim back now I promise no harm will come to you... I doubt you'll get such an offer from the eels.
Koko shakes and grabs onto Darko's arm as the shrieking intensifies, burying her face there. She really can't bear to watch this. What a horrible way to go, being eaten ali-
Grandpa wrote: She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time.
...Pardon?

Koko looks back up just in time to see that the scene has cut back to the boy and his grandpa in his bedroom, and to have her thoughts echoed in the boy's baffled "what?".

Oh. OH, right, it's just a story. Nobody's about to get eaten by anything. And hey, like Darko and the grandfather have both pointed out, this'll probably all end well anyway.

Hee. Silly Koko.

The green succubus giggles a little at her own childishness, but before she can return her attention to the movie fully, she notices movement out of the corner of her eye, and she whirls around to see it.

And... nobody.

Nothing of note in that direction at all, apart from the popcorn bag that looks a little emptier than it probably ought to be.

Well, that, and apparently seasonal allergies. Her eyes itch when she looks in this direction; there must be pollen on the wind or something. She probably ought to make sure she doesn't have to look this way again for a while.

Koko grins and wraps her tail around the bag of popcorn, pulling it back to her lap with a little giggle. She just figured out how to do that yesterday, and it's already so, so helpful.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,