Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Post by Rebonack »

Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle and bubbler-style juke-box playing some old-time tunes. You also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer. You spot a flight of stairs leading up to the second floor rooms, a pair of tipsy patrons making the arduous trek.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a floor length mirror. Stepping through will teleport someone to the Temple of Inari where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

A large trap door near the tavern's designated Dark and Mysterious Corner apparently leads down to the Dungeons of Doom, of which the Tavern is not liable for any personal injury sustained therein if the nearby sign is to be believed.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog
Bartender: Zee
Temporally Non-Linear Bartender in Training: Selekhael

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. Updated her appearance for 5e, everyone is into blue tieflings now.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt.
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans.
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Brandy Yezekiel - Apple brandy, chocolate liqueur, cream, and garnished with a sprinkle of coco powder. Almost as good as her brownies.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house.
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor.
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood.
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters.
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair.
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime.
White Russian Wukei - For bounty hunters who dig dairy.
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales - Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best.
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - Cream has no effect.
Dragon's Fire Breath (Cherry Kool-Aid) - For the kids!
Fox Cola - The choice of the furry generation.
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold...
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows.

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - Damned and spicy.
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Croissants oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - Where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Brownies - Made fresh by Zee. The taste of chocolate fills you with Determination.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens.
French Panwaffles - All the strengths of French toast, waffles, and pancakes with none of the weaknesses. Truly the breakfast of champions.
Hero Sandwiches - What else? Served with Villain vinegrette.
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip.
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you, "the floor".

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor.
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand.

Don't forget to ask Zee about the special of the day!
Rebonack

Re: Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Post by Rebonack »

Well!

Isn't this kind of novel.

Nothing changes, of course. Nothing obvious. Nothing immediately apparent. The patrons sure don't notice, if that's what you're wondering about. They still have their conversations, their games, their drinks, their laughter and stories and mirth. Talk of adventures, both mundane and fantastical. The fire still crackles in the fireplace. The jukebox still bubbles away, playing its tunes. The giant cat tree still remains empty due to the woeful and disappointing dearth of tigers afflicted the Nexus. The smell of drink and the aroma of fresh brownies and the tang of smoke still permeates the tavern as ever.

But.

Something's different.

"Feels a little less sandy in here," Zee muses as she prods at a wall with a finger. "I guess we'll see how things go."

And the first thing that needs to go?

Zee grabs a broom and begins sweeping out the cluttery tests littering the floor.

"Go on, shoo."
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Sele looks around. Zee is right, it does look less sandy in here. "Uh, mum, I think you're right? It, uh, does look a little blue. Did we change the lights recently?" She glances up at the light fixtures on the ceiling. They also look blue, but so does everything. Weird.

It's not really a concern, the two of them can easily go back to work. Nothing else seems different right now. Maybe it's a little quiet outside, but that's not that weird.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Fenric
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Fenric »

Fenric sniffs curiously

Smells different and yet oddly familiar at the same time.
WarKitty

Post by WarKitty »

Morty;25535488 wrote:"I feel like testing this thing should involve tossing it from behind a thick wall," Olvisin observes. "Is it always destructive?"
ForTheGnomes;25535581 wrote:Jerick replies, "Well, there was a time where it turned all the dirt in a ten foot radius to gold. Oh, and there was a time where it grew a massive mango tree, which disintegrated a week later, so I think I was just unlucky most of the time. There were also times where it didn't do anything, but I think those times it needed a living being instead of just a wall."
Xun is, of course, still sitting on a table. Less sand or not, trog's apparently needs a good coating of cat fur.

Olvisin, don't suppose you know anywhere that we could get a good safe test in? Maybe take our new friend to visit the MERC labs?
I have an observation station set up for proper notes after one too many goblin incidents.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

"Hmm. Yes, there are labs and shooting rangers at MERC. My siblings and I use them often." Olvisin nods. "We can get you in as a guest. Unless you do want to join."
ForTheGnomes

Post by ForTheGnomes »

Jerick takes a moment to think. A moment passes and he says, "I'd like to take a look around before I join, see if it would be worthwhile." He puts the vial back into its pouch, along with the remaining two items. "Let's go take a look."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote:"Huh, not the usual thing newcomers bring with them, but no doubt it'd be useful. And you should be able to change out of your nightgown if there's any clothes out there." Mrs. Bloodplunder isn't sure where she'd put the furniture whilst Aikobaz stays with her, nor how they'd get it all to her house; most of it looks a bit too big to fit in her handbag of holding. There's no wardrobe, but that might be the angle more than anything. "I'll call me grandsons. See if they can help move it all somewhere safe. They're good lads, don't worry." The old woman reaches into her handbag and pulls out a spiked flail that is far too long to fit inside the space, resting the weapon on the table before reaching back in and retrieving a very old mobile phone. It's a flip phone, over two decades old, and starts pressing some numbers, muttering directions as she does- she's not listing the numbers, but rather where the numbers are located on the keypad.
"There is. But I could hardly have changed outfits in the middle of the street." The empress's cheeks turn the rough color of tangerines again. That just wouldn't have been proper.

"Hold on, is that...?" She frowns and stares at the phone in the woman's hand, before reaching for her belt and producing what appears to be an old-fasioned telephone receiver, disconnected from anything else, with a little dial on the side that resembles a rotary phone's. "I wonder..." She thinks out loud, setting it on the counter. Supposedly, this relic was made without the use of magic, which in her domain was decried as pointless and obtuse. Here, though? Maybe it would prove useful.

...But for now, nothing to do but wait.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Beans
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Beans »

A young lady enters, her bright grey-green eyes flicking about with interest. Her sundress and brown bob of hair make for quite the cute look, though her shadow does not move quite the way it should as she takes a seat at the bartop. "What a charming establishment---and with such an air of renovation!" By her accent, she sounds... German?
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

TASBot enters the tavern, flanked immediately by the muscular, floating and legless robot Dr. Changer. They take seats (Changer floats just above the seat) of the table opposite each other at a free table, and start conversing.
"Even though we've known each other for a long time, I still don't get how you don't miss having legs."
"Well, I miss not being able to kick cats."
"Ay!? You can't say that!"
"Why not?"
"Don't you know? Humans love cats."
"I thought they liked monkeys."
"That was a few years ago. Then it was dogs again, and now it's back to cats. Look, the point is, you can't go professing your love for animal abuse in public places. It's a little unnerving, actually."
"Ah, well in that case, I'll do it more so it becomes very unnerving."
"...I should have seen that one coming."
"Yes, you should have."
They proceed to continue talking like this.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Fenric

Post by Fenric »

Fenric looks around with a wry smile

Interesting. We'll have to see if any other old faces reappear, though, or if I get to keep being the only old codger lurking away in a corner.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Oh hey new people at the bar.

Both the gal the pair of robots (one hovering and the other not) get a friendly wave from the tavern's resident totally normal human female bartender you suspect nothing. It isn't immediately clear how she manages to wave to all three of them at the same time but hey she's doing a good job right?

"Howdy! Welcome to Trog's Tavern!" she says brightly. "I don't think I've seen all of you in here before which means you're NEW which means your frist drink is on the house! Anything you like! Within reason. One time there was this guy that asked for a bottle of wine that was, like, all the money. Which I think he just asked for since it was expensive? Coconut wine or something I don't even remember now BUT the point is order whatever you like and I'll do my best to fill it."

Fenric is also given a cheerful wave. It isn't every day that he manages to shake off the dead time and begin making smalltalk.
Beans

Post by Beans »

The perky little Prussian beams. "Oh, what fun! I'd just like a good pint of weissbier, please." She glances about, giving little waves to the robots and the fox guy. "It seems like all sorts come here---do you get many dead people?"
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

Well, that wasn't really what she hoped to hear, but it's kind of helpful advice anyway.
The deformed-bug-alien-mutant-woman nods to Selekhael and stands up from the bar- and immediately stumbles and starts to fall. The glass flies from her hand, the barstool topples over-
Shouldn't have had that third glass so quickly.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

TASBot waves back at the bartender and the other girl. Changer does so too, but more disinterestedly.

"Can I see the menu, please?"
"The men I please are none of your business."
"Actually, I'll just-what? No, I-ugh, I'll just... do they have cream soda here? If so, I'll take that."
"Nothing for me. I can't drink."
Fenric

Post by Fenric »

Fenric waves in return

Can I get a cola please?
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Mrs. Bloodplunder doesn't reply- she's too busy yelling into her mobile phone. "HELLO CAN YOU HEAR ME? YAMARZ IT'S YER GRANNY! OF COURSE I HAVE TO SHOUT YOU'RE A LONG WAY AWAY! I'M AT TROG'S, MET A LADY- AN EMPRESS- SHE NEEDS SOME STRONG ARMS TO MOVE FURNITURE! YOU AIN'T DOING ANYTHING, ARE YOU? EXCELLENT, BRING YER BROTHER, AN' YER COUSIN, YEAH? OKAY, SEE YOU SOON!" With that, she snaps the phone shut and puts it back inside her handbag, adding the flail in after. "He's on his way, his shift at the florist's just ended. He's got a great eye for colour, Yamarz."

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the tavern, somebody is entering. A young woman, about eighteen, with tanned skin from long period spent outside, short black hair and green eyes. She's wearing a short yellow skirt and a white t-shirt, with a battered red rucksack slung over one shoulder. She's going to walk to the bar and sit down, and ask Zee for a pint of cider.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Beans

Post by Beans »

The little lady winces as the bug-thingy topples over.

When the young lady with the rucksack sits down, she waves. "Hello! My name's Konstanze, what's yours?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

The pint of frothy wheat bear is shortly forthcoming!

It's even in one of those fancy old-timey steins, ceramic with a pewter top and colorfully decorated. Trog's doesn't skimp on the classics when it comes to the non-fancy drinks, that's for sure.

"There you go, enjoy!" Zee beams back. "Haha, all sorts? That's underselling the tavern pretty hard. We get all kinds of guests here. It's sort of the hub for the various adventurers around town. The flow of new folks has slowed down a little over the years, but it's always great to see a face I haven't seen before."

And.

Hmm.

Many dead people?

"I dunno, that's a good question. Hey Dullihan! Are you dead or not?" she yells at a headless guy in a spiky leather biker outfit seated nearby, a plume of ghostly blue flame where his head ought to be.

The apparition shifts his torso slightly to give the impression of turning toward Zee, then shrugs. He pours a shot of whisky into the flames, causing them to leap and crackle.

"Yeah, I don't know either. I guess it depends mostly on what you mean by dead? More living people than dead people, I guess, but that's only because the majority of dead people aren't ambulatory."

That's a good point. The dead also tend to stiff people when it comes to tips.

BUT THEN OH HEY ROBOTS.

"One cream soda coming up," Zee says as she-

Hmm.

Doesn't actually have the stuff for cream soda. The tavern's selection of non-alcoholic beverages is pretty limited, for the most part. But that's okay! Zee has access to PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER! She's had cream soda before. She knows what it's chemical composition is like. And with a nice little matter invocation she can rearrange soda that she DOES have into her customer is after!

Easy!

Just takes a minor miracle.

"There you go! If you two need anything else just let me know, okay?"

Fenric's request, by contrast, is quite a bit easier. Paige is nice enough to bring Fenric his usual fox-cola. No cosmic power required.

AND THEN CIDER REQUESTS!

"Wow we're really going to town on the new folks these days aren't we? Howdy! Cider, huh? Sure thing. I've got a couple different ciders on tap; bittersweet, bittersharp, sharp, and sweet. Have you got a preference?"
Beans

Post by Beans »

Rebonack wrote: Aug 05, 2022 2:44 pm"I dunno, that's a good question. Hey Dullihan! Are you dead or not?" she yells at a headless guy in a spiky leather biker outfit seated nearby, a plume of ghostly blue flame where his head ought to be.

The apparition shifts his torso slightly to give the impression of turning toward Zee, then shrugs. He pours a shot of whisky into the flames, causing them to leap and crackle.

"Yeah, I don't know either. I guess it depends mostly on what you mean by dead? More living people than dead people, I guess, but that's only because the majority of dead people aren't ambulatory."

That's a good point. The dead also tend to stiff people when it comes to tips.
Konstanze takes a sip of her beer. "Too long since I had a proper drink... and yes, I've only been here in the Nexus for a bit and I've seen more kinds of people than I knew existed!" She waves a hand generally at her fellow patrons. "And I suppose 'dead' could refer to a variety of things, yes---I ask mostly since I'd describe myself as dead, more or less---I believe the proper term is wraith, and I did just leave a Hell."
Fenric

Post by Fenric »

Fenric sips his cola: slightly musky, not particularly sweet, and tasting as if a mouse was soaked in it - because that's how it's made.

Thanks, Zee!

his ears swivel to track various interesting sounds while he watches the many goings-on with a faint smile.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

"Thanks."

Changer removes his engine-shaped gas mask to reveal a too-large mouth more befitting of a creepypasta than a humanoid robot.

"I hate it when you do that."
"And I love it when you hate it when I do this."

Setting the mask down on the table, he takes a sip of the creamsoda and gives a nod of satisfaction to confirm he likes it.

"Nothing like a brimming glass of spiders to calm the nerves."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 04, 2022 5:55 pm Mrs. Bloodplunder doesn't reply- she's too busy yelling into her mobile phone. "HELLO CAN YOU HEAR ME? YAMARZ IT'S YER GRANNY! OF COURSE I HAVE TO SHOUT YOU'RE A LONG WAY AWAY! I'M AT TROG'S, MET A LADY- AN EMPRESS- SHE NEEDS SOME STRONG ARMS TO MOVE FURNITURE! YOU AIN'T DOING ANYTHING, ARE YOU? EXCELLENT, BRING YER BROTHER, AN' YER COUSIN, YEAH? OKAY, SEE YOU SOON!" With that, she snaps the phone shut and puts it back inside her handbag, adding the flail in after. "He's on his way, his shift at the florist's just ended. He's got a great eye for colour, Yamarz."
Aikobaz's composure breaks just enough for her to wince at Mrs. Bloodplunder's blatant abuse of the phone. Oof. She does not envy this Yamarz fellow, whoever he is.

"Well, then." The ex-empress clears her throat and returns her attention to breakfast, cutting into the meal neatly with her knife and fork. "...Are there any wizards in your family? It may help me get back on my feet sooner if I have some idea how magic works here." She punctuates the statement with a quick sip from her drink. "I've always been a quick study. Perhaps, with the right materials, I could regain some measure of my old power."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I'm not actually new, I've been in the Nexus since I was eleven. Just, y'know, couldn't order alcohol before. Uh... sweet, please." Natalie turns to the wraith sat next to her and smiles. "My name's Natalie; I'm pleased to meet you Konstanze."

-

"Wizards? Nah, 'fraid not. My eldest is a shaman, though. He's moved out, provides help an' guidance to the Skullbreakers out in the wilds. He don't come visit often, an' he don't have a tell you phone. Something about a dead tree filled with bats, or something. I don't understand 'em." Mrs. Bloodplunder shrugs. "Never really trusted mages meself. Preferred to hit things really hard till they stopped movin'. Wizards come up with good stuff, though. Me handbag fits far more than a herd of horses, that phone thingy lets me talk to me grandkids whenever I want, and my flail glows when it's pointing at fresh water within a furlong." Which is a less useful ability in a city than it is in the wilderness.

Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Aikobaz nods to herself as she listens to the old woman's story. That certainly sounded like wizardry... especially the bit about the bats. As many of her old grimoires have told her, the difference between a wizard and a shaman is largely academic, in a very literal sense. It might do her some good to meet with this man... though maybe not without some form of insurance. Journeying into the wilderness with neither an escort nor a weapon always seems like a bad idea, especially if the intended destination is a tribe of barbarians.

"...Then, if you don't mind my asking." Aikobaz begins again, glancing at the handbag. "Where did you get these items? Perhaps I could speak with their creator."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Beans

Post by Beans »

Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 07, 2022 4:30 pm "I'm not actually new, I've been in the Nexus since I was eleven. Just, y'know, couldn't order alcohol before. Uh... sweet, please." Natalie turns to the wraith sat next to her and smiles. "My name's Natalie; I'm pleased to meet you Konstanze."
"Ah, so this is your... sixteenth? Eighteenth birthday? Ordering beer or cider unattended required you to be 16 where I was born, at least while I was alive." She shrugs and sips again. "What's it like, growing up here?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I was eighteen in November, but, uh, hadn't been able to get my hands on any ID in case someone asked for it." So not her birthday, but the day she was given something to prove she's eighteen and therefore able to order a drink in a pub. "It's good, a bit weird, but I was surrounded by friendly people and I was safe. My father evacuated me here because of political instability and it wasn't safe." One way to put 'there was a violent revolution against the monarchy and as one of the aristocracy, his family was in danger and whilst she was travelling to GLoG, he was killed and the family home burnt down'.

--

"Flail's a family heirloom. My mother gave it to me after I proved my place as her successor by wrestling her to the ground. The tell you phone was a gift from my children. The handbag I bought from a shop in Mallside that specialises in magical clothes. I also have a bone finger that probably does something; I snapped it off Death's right hand when I beat him at arm wrestling." That might just be hyperbole, about the finger.

Beans

Post by Beans »

Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm "I was eighteen in November, but, uh, hadn't been able to get my hands on any ID in case someone asked for it." So not her birthday, but the day she was given something to prove she's eighteen and therefore able to order a drink in a pub. "It's good, a bit weird, but I was surrounded by friendly people and I was safe. My father evacuated me here because of political instability and it wasn't safe." One way to put 'there was a violent revolution against the monarchy and as one of the aristocracy, his family was in danger and whilst she was travelling to GLoG, he was killed and the family home burnt down'.
Konstanze smiles, one leg swinging a little bit. "Well, a reason for congratulations nonetheless!" She takes a long sip of her beer. "Oh, it must have been a relief to come here, then! When I was alive, there was political instability in my country. It's good to be away from all that."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
"Flail's a family heirloom. My mother gave it to me after I proved my place as her successor by wrestling her to the ground. The tell you phone was a gift from my children. The handbag I bought from a shop in Mallside that specialises in magical clothes. I also have a bone finger that probably does something; I snapped it off Death's right hand when I beat him at arm wrestling." That might just be hyperbole, about the finger.
Aikobaz might be inclined to think so, if she didn't have a similar story in her repertoire. Only she ended up playing a game of Arimaa with him and got to keep his elephant figurine as a trophy. It turned out to be worthless, but it made for a wonderful afternoon.

But that wasn't nearly as interesting as the fact that Mrs. Bloodplunder apparently wrestled Death and won in the first place. "...Were you able to meet Death outside of..." She waves her hand awkwardly. "...dying, I suppose?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

A man comes through the door. He sweats hard like he had just ran here. To be true he didn't, but for some reason he was in a very hot area in inside and just returned. He swipes the sweat away as he makes his way to the bar, obviously inhaling the much cooler air inside the bar. He takes a seat at the bar.

"God damn weather out there." he says. "I lived in a vulcano for years but that heat out there is killing me. Give me an ice tea, and some water. Please." he says to the closest bartender.