Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Trog's Tavern: Roman Numerals Are Dumb

Post by Keeper »

Aran decides to stick to his good streak and stay mostly quiet.
”It’s okay.” he responds quietly to Ukry’s admission. Especially since he can feel that “you deserved better” does not translate to “you can stop being a bear.”

He fetches a seat sturdy enough for him at least.
”Seats aren’t the most comfortable here.” he mumbles, glancing at Ukry to make the offer plain. He does not know how close the witch wants to be right now. But bear-brain is reminding him of comments Ukry has made about this shape’s potential in the past.
Aurora Alchemi
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Aurora Alchemi »

Ukry pauses as the hand touches their arm, looking at it for a time, and listening to the words spoken, their ears flicking back and forth for a little bit. As the Rein moves to pay for them, there is a gentle motion to stop, and there is a flick of their fingers, a few platinum coins spinning around the pale fingers before they roll onto the counter. Then they close their eyes and nod. "Thank.... thank you. We would... appreciate him being notified, then, if he is looking for us." A pause, and another finished drink, though this time instead of straight down the hatch, the effort is slow and more like they are actually drinking sensibly. "It's taken us this long to be public about things again, anyways..."

Then there is a look to the bear, and a weak smile graces their lips. "That's... appreciated, but we are not in... a good mood to be touched much beyond a passing one right now. Perhaps another day." Then there is a reach forward and a snag of a silk tissue from the bear's pocket, and the witch uses the cloth to wipe their lips. Their shoulders roll, and they look to the man. "What have you been duing while we were... away. Busy with... idiocy."

Then the witch's eyes drift back to trogrein. "So... he got a butterfly?" The witch gives a soft laugh. "I guess he found the curse endearing... probably still sees them everywhere, we bet." There is a pause, and a slow weave of their magic in the air, stringing together that strange magic to form one of the stained glass deaths head butterflies in shimmering splendor. "He probably began to worry when they stopped leading to us, and merely remained still..."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt nods, pulling back his hand. "Of course... ok, I give up. What's the deal with him?" Reinholdt says, cracking as Ukry pulls a tissue out from the bear's pocket. Like he was a novelty dispenser of tear absorbers.
"Is he your homunculus?" The level of raw control, the eagerness to be with Ukry, to be useful to Ukry... this all smelled like homunculus or familiar territory.

Regardless, Rein pulls out his phone and starts scrolling through his unnecessarily long R contacts to begin texting the appropriate Rein. Not the inappropriate one. Those pics did not need to be shared. "Butterfly tattoo, yeah, right on his ass. Said we should consider getting tattoos ourselves. We told him he was crazy and more than a little love drunk." Reinholdt pauses typing for a moment. "Guess we were both right." Rein shrugs a little and types again before hitting send.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

"I've been doing pretty well. Working on our engines now that I have magic, got a raise, I even got a bigger place."
He morosely lifts his prodigious belly.
"Maybe not quite big enough...
But I admit I haven't been able to make any breakthroughs with the Weaves. I-"

He turns to Rein, accusing him of being some sort of construct.
"Huh? No, I'm Ukry's student. And date. And a few other titles." Which is to say he doesn't know how to say Ukry calls him their toy a lot in private. Never been a hundred percent sure how to feel about that.
"Not that I'm a particularly great student, as I said." he adds sadly. Sometimes he wondered if he's destined to get demoted to minion if he can't grasp these magics.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

Shadowcaller wrote: Sep 23, 2023 10:07 am Sekhmet and Anika have met!
It went... okay.

"Okay, cool! Off to VIGIL we go. Just try not to curse any more people, okay?" Anika gestures for Hiep to come but stops as she's about to walk past Zee. "Oh, anything you want me to tell Lapis before I go? Like, maybe you got some socks or a ready-made meal for her?"
"You two have fun! Enjoy saving the world," Zee says before giving a little, "Oop!" and ducking behind the counter briefly.

When she pops back up she's got a plastic zipper bag full of brownies which she brandishes at Anika.

"You can give those to her for me. Remind her that she can only eat ONE a day and only after she finishes her dinner. Also-"
She glances back and forth conspiratorially.
"-no one will not if you sneak one for yourself. Probably."

Probably.
Aurora Alchemi

Post by Aurora Alchemi »

There is a peer at the rein, ears flicking back and forth. There is a soft laugh then, the witch actually seeming to brighten a little. " You thing the witch of faces would make a Homunculus, and make it troubled with magic? You might want to remember just who you are talking to again. You reins keep information on that, right? You'd probably know him as a warlock, and we are his patron, though that's only a rough kind of description of a more nuanced thing." There is a lift of their hand to their cheek, and a soft hum, considering the words for a little longer. "Love drunk, hmm? That's.... Kind of endearing, in a way. Shame we are fairly bad with these.... cellular telemetric phones? We believe that to be the word?"

Then there is a look to Aran. The witch gives a soft laugh. "So you've managed to progress in your workplace, but only with the one form given to you that is the least ideal for touching the weave? That form only has a fraction more sensitivity to the weave than your normal one.... The idea, and what we told you, if we remember correctly, was for you to learn to weave in one of the more sensitive forms, then carry that magic over to the harder forms, until eventually you can use it in your human form. Little steps. If you've been avoiding the masks that have the sensitivity that you lack, it's obvious why you've not had any breakthroughs. It's difficult to learn to swim if you try to start in the deep end." There is no harshness in the voice, only a calm statement of fact, the witch shrugging gently. Then there is a drum of their fingers on their cheek. " As for what you are to us, a toy and an interest of amusement to start. As we discussed, there is the chance for more, but that ultimately is up to you to further that... And ignoring most of the gifts we've given you is generally not the way to do that. We do not enjoy watching our creations flounder when gifted with strength beyond mortality."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Reinholdt sure gets a lot of conflicting answers. "O-oh, was this a date? Did I interrupt? I'm... sorry?" Reinholdt sounds extremely uncertain because he truly is. It didn't look a date to him. And that was certainly just the impression Aran had. Ukry seemed to bat that idea down immediately. Claim Aran as a toy. What kind of toy was very much in question. ... Isn't that just what a homunculus is to begin with? Rein's not going to fight it. But be it student, warlock, or sex toy, they all seemed to suggest several levels below Ukry that Rein's pretty sure one date wouldn't change.
You know what? None of this was Rein's problem. This was between some other Rein and Ukry and their toy/date/student.

So Reinholdt gives a lilting laugh. "Close enough, close enough. Most people shorten it to phone or cell. Perhaps you'll need to work out another system or something. Like messenger butterflies." Much more adorable and ominous than messenger pigeons.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

”I mean it isn’t a date right now. We met up by happenstance.”

Aran is clearly embarrassed by Ukry’s accusation.
”No, I also use the dragon shape when delicate work needs doing. And that one is much more sensitive, right?”
Potentially not. The gnoll and the dragon shapes were both made by Aran. They’re unlikely to be nearly as sensitive as the bear ones Ukry made for him.
”…you don’t actually expect me to like. Live in this shape, do you?” It’s ridiculous! Very clearly on purpose since Ukry can’t go ten minutes without making a pun when he’s in it.
Aurora Alchemi

Post by Aurora Alchemi »

"No." The witch pauses almost overly long there, almost content to leave it there. "They came upon us randomly, just as you have, so it was not a date. Were it so, we would be somewhere a little more exciting, we think. We hope." There is a tap of the long witches nails on their cheek, and a continued moment of thought. "Mhh... perhaps. We will think about it, but it might be more interesting to torment the Reinstone of our finger and the bearer of our ring into teaching us. Still... Something is indeed in order, for the both of them, perhaps." There is a pause, and an open of the witch's pouch. Inside, Rein might be able to see a forest, shrouded in mist, with dim trees standing like pillars in an almost moonlit serenity inside. As the witch reaches in, they retrieve out a mirror, checking themselves idly. There is a small spark here and there, a flicker of magic to touch up makeup smudged in sadness and emotion. "How close is my reinholdt, by the way? So that Aran can get his wits about him, and act sensible for an introduction."

Then the witch returns their gaze to Aran, looking over him with a soft sniff. "And how often do you spend an extended period of time as the dragon, when you aren't already preoccupied with something you've already got a general idea on how to do? Let alone the forms we tailored for you to be perceptive to the weave, that you might recognize how to pull the strings of fate more easily?" The tone is cool, but forgiving. As if it's all not unexpected, but is still rather disappointing to have to go over with the warlock. Perhaps this was why Ukry did not take more warlocks on? Clerics were so much easier to give magic too, because they always asked what they needed in the prayer they gave. Then there is a small roll of the witch's eyes. "Live in the shape? No. But you wish to learn, correct? Do you learn to cook first by starting with only a stone and coal, or do you use a stove and cookware? Do you learn to ride a unicycle first, or do you learn to ride something with stability? You are deciding to eschew the tools you have to help you while you are attempting to learn, and then you have issues with how quickly you progress.... See an issue that's easy to resolve, yet?" The witch pauses, and orders a new drink, though rather than a shot, this one is something fruity, frozen, and flamboyant. Moving the little paper umbrella to the side they take a long sip.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Mmm...hmm... got it." Reinholdt surreptitiously writes on a napkin 'No Bar Dates' for future Rein, turning it facedown and leaving it there for when he gets here. He tilts his head slightly in confusion. "The... Reinstone?" He probably shouldn't have asked, just let the pun lay there. Can masks be turned into jewelry, is that what Ukry meant? Is it romantic or horrifying to give someone a Reinring?

Reinholdt shudders a little, but steals a peak inside Ukry's pouch anyways, unable to keep back his curiosity. It was surprisingly beautiful in Ukry's purse. Most pouches are a mess, but here Ukry was touting one of ethereal mystique. Rein's smile returns, but it remains brief as Aran got his attention. "And what's wrong with living in another form, exactly?" Reinholdt demands of the warlock student, his tone surprisingly sharper than even he intended. The bear must have touched a nerve.

Realizing he snapped a little harshly, Rein looks away apologetically and checks his phone for Ukry. "Well it shouldn't be too much longer now. He sounded pretty motivated. I would say four minutes or so?" There's a sudden commotion outside and a heavy thump into the wall outside, causing a window to rattle. The kind of thing that would occur should someone, in their haste, perhaps overshoot their intended landing destination and slam into a wall with their body. A loud and ancient curse is uttered, unsafe for family, and dooming all to hear it to feel less dignified than they did before hearing it.

".... Or now." Reinholdt covers his face with his palm and sighs. They have at least a few seconds to get presentable for an introduction since the Rein outside managed to daze himself.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

"Buddy, I've spent the last year as a gnoll. But if you think this form is great, I'm sure Ukry could hook you up with a few hundred pounds of your very own." Aran says, incredulous at Rein's outburst.

"And Ukry, the two forms you made for me are a bear so fat his belly almost drags on the ground, and the same bear but with two legs and a bad case of man-boob. Who you have a 100% rate of dressing in silly outfits. Exactly what was supposed to clue me in that I was supposed to be taking them seriously as tools?" Aran seems a little defensive himself on this subject. Is something else bothering him? He glances at the door.
"And if you have any ideas on how to seem sensible while looking like this, by all means let me know."
Aurora Alchemi

Post by Aurora Alchemi »

"Don't overthink the pet name." There is a lazy rest of the witch's head on their hand and elbow on the bar. There is a drift of their eyes over to the doorway and the continued commotion growing outside. There is a rise of an eyebrow, and a soft breath in; a hint of nervousness and vulnerability for a fleeting moment, then masked by the witch drinking more of the fruity concoction. The butterflies settle around the area and begin to walk back and forth, a few lighting on the stack of empty shot glasses.

There is a hint of irritation as the eyes move back to the bear man. Or perhaps bear boy. "You seem to complain a lot for being given a form that is near indestructible, with powerful access to magic that you crave, and the ability to learn to change that form at will that you've been completely ignoring of your own volition. We will give you a hint; even if we are joking, one would be wise to fully examine what has been given. We do nothing without purpose, and you wanted to learn magic." Then there is a tap of the clawlike nails on the bar counter once more, before the witch raises their hand and pulls gently at the surrounding weave. "But if you'd rather tell us how we've done something wrong, then we will simply take our gifts away and leave you as you started, no better at magic than you were before, because of your own lack of diligence, and your own loud mouth." There is a multicolored strand hanging in the air, the symbolism very clear. Aran's powers hung by a thread, and testing the patience of the one with scissors wasn't a very smart idea.

Then the witch allows their displeasure in the student who continued to talk back to melt into the tiredness and quietness that started the evening, albeit a little less sad thanks to the little bit of help that had been received.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"A whole year. WOWIE. Pardon me." Reinholdt doesn't even suppress his eye roll. "I..." Reinholdt grips his drink a little tighter, then takes a deep breath, stepping back from the verge of revealing something terrible and ugly. "I'll leave you to it."

Reinholdt grabs the napkin and gets up, stepping towards the door, through which bursts another Reinholdt. This latter one is a good deal more tan than the last time Ukry saw him, Beach Boy Rein standing out against the paler skin of his drunker counterpart. Upon spotting Urky Beach Rein takes a moment to fix his somewhat disheveled clothes and hair, wiping that unnecessary trickle of blood that's coming down from his nose on his sleeve. Trog Rein puts a hand on Beach Rein's chest, slipping him the napkin and whispering in his ear.

Beach Rein's face cycles through disbelief and confusion before settling on angry. With nowhere to direct it, he hisses something back in Trog Rein's ear, who nods in understanding and then let's Beach Rein go. He manages to drop his anger momentarily by the time he reaches bar, throwing one arm onto it as he leans beside Ukry with a smile, unaware his nosebleed's started back up. "Heyyyy, good looking. Fancy running into you here. I was just thinking about you." He definitely rehearsed one thousand things he was going to say to Ukry when he met them again.

This was none of them.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Aran nods his head carefully.
”Yes, Ukry. You’re right. I have no right to talk to my patron that way. I’ll make it up to you. Talk about it later?” He glances at the Rein entering. He feels like he should let the two of them have their space.
Aurora Alchemi

Post by Aurora Alchemi »

The witch frowns a moment, before releasing the strand and placing a hand on Aran's cheek. There is a stroke of a thumb over the bear's fur for a moment, and a sigh. "We didn't give you gifts because you were ready to understand them all, but that doesn't mean we enjoy someone acting prideful and vain with them. Don't be quiet or give up, just consider your words and try not to whine about gifts. Spend some more time in this form and see what secrets it has for you." The witch pats Aran's cheek, then returns their hand to their glass to sip.

There is then a look to the door, and the approach of the tanned Rein. There is a strange mix of oddly visible emotions for the witch, a few good, a few bad. Well, mostly bad; there's a lot of pain flickering in those eyes, symptoms of what the now masked one had done. Then there is a forced smile, and a nod, before the witch reaches out and brushes a thumb across the nosebleed, a glimmer of green fixing the injury.

"Hello, Reinholdt... We've heard a little about you thinking on us... And tattoos." There is a pause, the witch calmly sucking the blood off their thumb, as if it were nothing, and then placing the hand down beside the mask on the bar. "We... made some mistakes, but... it's all fine now." Something about the weak smile screams that it's not, but there was a sense of relief from the witch that Reinholdt even showed up. Or rather, that their Reinholdt showed up. "Just drifting through then?"
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"Ah-hah... you heard about that." Reinholdt's blush is still visible through the tan as Ukry takes his blood and mentions his new art. He awkwardly takes a seat, as if subconsciously trying to hide the already hidden butterfly. In the meantime, he nods towards Aran. "Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire. Nice to meet you," Rein says with his trademark flourish. He doesn't know how much more than that he should add. "I've heard you're a devotee to Ukry?"

He can't hide his embarrassment forever though and turns his attention back to Ukry. "Not exactly, no." Reinholdt was at home binging Nymphs of Our Lives for the fourteenth time, contemplating if he should get ice cream or not. But Ukry doesn't need to know that. "I was actually on my way to a shooting range. Do you think you'd be interested in joining me? I had... an idea for target practice and I don't want to get too rusty with my skills." When Rein mentions idea, his eyes less than subtly fall upon the mask of himself sitting on the bar.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

"I'll wear it as long as you want me to." Aran says with a nod.

He seems surprised Rein is even addressing him.
"Aran LaRouge. I'm Ukry's warlock, yes." he responds, otherwise letting the two discuss things. He assumes Ukry will leave with Rein. He doesn't want to third-wheel them when it sounds like they have some things to work out.
Aurora Alchemi

Post by Aurora Alchemi »

"Lying to a witch again, are we? You are so fortunate you are cute, Reinholdt." There is a gentle smile from the saddened witch, and they offer a hand softly. "Though shooting something does sound entertaining, we would advise against shooting that particular object... it is... more durable than our other masks. We haven't made a mask in a very long time, so we have... improved our technique since then." There is a pause, and a look to Aran, with a gentle motion. "As we recall, Aran also had a knack for shooting things themselves. Perhaps they might come along? We could compare who has the better shot between the three of us, and see who should be teaching the others to shoot, hmm?"

The witch then stands, spinning another platinum coin on the counter to pay for the drink, and slipping a free hand into the eye holes of the rein mask. There is a quiet air of malice to the pickup, the kind of 'We are going to hurt this thing because it hurt us' pettiness that might accompany one swatting at a mosquito or a fly that bit them. Then the witch flicks their fingers, a small travelling shawl seeming to weave from the air and wrap around their shoulders, before a bit of cord binds the mask to their lithe waist. They look between the pair, almost expectant of the two men. They wished to be lead somewhere to get their mind off things.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"I was counting on the durability if I'm honest," Reinholdt says, taking their hand gently and standing with Ukry. His smile falters a little at their suggestion though. Reinholdt was just trying to be polite to the warlock, not extend an invitation. "I, uh, wasn't really looking to turn it into a competition."

There's a pause of thought and he realizes that maybe Ukry was... afraid to be alone with Rein right now. He can feel his stomach twisting a little and glances down at the floor. "Well, um, either way," Reinholdt relents to what would make Ukry most comfortable. Making a motion, he starts out the door to lead them to the firing range.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Aran blinks in surprise.
"Oh. Um. If you want me around, sure. I've never shot anything with these particular mitts before so I doubt it'll be a stiff competition." he chuckles, awkwardly looking down at the outfit he's currently in. He's never been to the range in formal wear, even gag formal wear. But it's a magic outfit so he doesn't actually have to worry about getting it dirty. He's also not complaining about the hands. Just a fact; he has no experience using a gun in this form.
Aurora Alchemi

Post by Aurora Alchemi »

The witch grips the hand reassuringly, and leans closer. "We know you weren't aiming for that, dear. But it would be good for you and Aran to get along, and we sense a bit of tension between you both." There is a pause and a look to the bear with a soft hum. "And yes, we want you around. We just don't want your lip around about how we have been gone and how that's been rough for you. It was rough for us as well, if you haven't gathered." The witch tuts softly, before standing and gently leaning against Rein's form, a singular disconcerting pop ringing from their shoulder, though it is mostly ignored by the witch theirself.

"Both of you need to worry less.... Just because we are upset does not mean it is either of your fault, nor are either of you at risk of being replaced by the other. We want support right now. And to shoot some things. Not try to move from.... this" There is a wave to the mask for a moment. "To dealing with two people that we would like to share time with together being awkward about each other, yes?" There is then a motion between the pair. The witch wanted the pair to respect each other and get along, it seemed. At least right now.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

The way the witch physically falls apart sometimes is somewhat comforting, the pop of their shoulder a pop of nostalgia for Reinholdt who squeezes Ukry's hand. "You'll never get me to stop worrying about you," Rein says with a soft smile.

Reinholdt glances to Aran for a moment before looking back at Ukry. "Well I can't promise the awkwardness will go away, but I will stop presuming that he wants to sacrifice me on a blood altar to turn my body fluids into honey and sell them on the bear black market." Reinholdt uses his free hand to make a sloppy cross his heart gesture across his chest to prove how serious he is about blood sacrifices.
Very serious.
► SHOW SPOILER
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

"Well, I hadn't thought of that. But now I want to know if there is a bear black market. If there is I'll make an appointment with you, yeah?" Aran tries to be friendly and slap Rein on the shoulder but he is very big and has super-strength so it may be a bit much.
"Hm. If we're going to a shooting range might I request something a bit more casual, Ukry? I look very dashing but it's only fair that I not make Rein look overdressed." That and it's hard to lift a rifle to your shoulder in a suit. He's clearly joking around though and won't mind if Ukry doesn't bother. Aran thinks this is a body that would go with Beach Rein's well, beach look.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Venus enters Trog's Tavern for the...probably fifth time. Maybe sixth. Of course, she is a little wary: about half the times she's been in here, disastrous things happened.

Anyway. Venus looks nearly human. Well, inasmuch as a fairy/nature spirit/whatever can appear nearly human. Her dress is technically a leaf that's been magicked into a dress, her purple catlike eyes clash just a little with her red hair, her hair's got vines, leaves, flowers, and inflorescences growing in it and is really long regardless, and...well, besides pointy ears, that's about it. She's only got around six of her identities with her, having left behind one at her church, but that shouldn't really change anything.

Speaking of her church, that's why she's come here: looking for some excuse or distraction to not go back.

As such, she comes up to and sits at the bar, orders a llamonade, and places her face in her arms down on the counter.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

It was still a few days before the heist, and opposed to his comrades, Mogzoku would rather spend that time doing the things he loves before potentially getting killed or wasting away in prison. He doesn't have much money to prepare with, anyways. Thus, he enters Trog's in his commoner's getup.

First order of business, he scans the room for some hot babes to pick up -anddddd there's Venus over there. In an instant, his impure intentions melt away as he approaches the deity. Hoping on the stool two stools over, he looks at her clothes with some trepidation for a moment before looking towards her face.

"Hey, V. Why so glum, kupo?"
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 13, 2023 11:37 am Adrie is not made of people-meat. He is, however, made of meat. His skeleton is primarily chitin, and his muscles are denser than they should be, and he can change how his bones articulate to alter how he moves. His organs aren't in the right place to be human, or any other humanoid Zee might be familiar with. He doesn't have a brain, exactly; his head is mostly decorative, though it does possess a telson, an ovipositor, a venom gland, testes and an egg sac which is mostly empty. He has a redundant neural network which he uses to think, though it's entwined with several hormone glands driving instinctive behaviours, notably regarding reproduction. His liver and kidneys are very efficient, and his venom gland also provides a number of protective enzymes to defend against inebriation, drugging and most common toxins and venoms- and his own mix of venomous compounds, as well.

Adrie smiles in response to Zee's comment, unaware of the increased scrutiny she's giving him. "I am glad I am not alone in that, though I hope not everyone meets people like the ones I met. They were quite impolite, and I suspect they may have been cannibals." Adrie is not a cannibal, which is fortunate for everyone involved.
Huh.

That's concerning.

Apparently he's some insecty thing wearing human skin? Sort of like the bug from Men in Black. The stabby ovapositor is definitely concerning. Zee focuses her analysis a bit more on the specifics of the poison. This is reminding her of some really unpleasant aliens she dealt with a few years ago.

"Cannibals? Wow that's pretty harrowing. Glad you managed to make it out with all your limbs intact," Zee says as she pulls a pumpkin pie out of the oven and sets it on a rack to cool.

Gotta have fresh pumpkin pie for the Spooktober and Thanksmas seasons.

That's just required.

"Well, getting a jeweler's business up and running again will take quite a bit of investment! There are a few charity organizations around the Nexus that provide help to castaways to get them up on their feet again. Getting dumped here is pretty jarring, after all."

And then June!

Or.

Wait.

No.

Venus?

Zee scoots Venus' glass of llamanaid to her. "Hey," says the Zee.
Aurora Alchemi

Post by Aurora Alchemi »

The witch pauses and looks between the pair, before giving a small nod. Then they begin to walk, as if they already know where Rein would be taking them. Perhaps they did; the witch did have a way with knowledge and the like. Still, a cloud of the stained glass butterflies slowly forms and settles on the shoulders of the pair, giving the witch's semi-reassuring presence with them.

"We, for several, can guarantee that no fluid coming out of you any time recently could be mistaken for honey. Though we suppose we could change that, if we wanted too. We'll think on it.... You get the pass for the shooting range ready." Then their gaze drifts to Aran, and there is a small snort, before tapping their heel on the ground.

The butterflies swirl about the bear for a moment, and it becomes a bit slimmer, but not much, and now sports something that looks like it belongs on a retired marine who watches too much duck dynasty. White tank tee, camo cargo shorts, thong sandals, and even a extremely floppy boonie hat with a digital camo print. There is a grin from the witch on peeking at the new outfit. "There, much more suitable for a day on the range, we think. We saw it in a movie, as we recall."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

The moan that escapes Rein's lips involuntarily when Aran catches him on the shoulder is such a distressing combination of pain and pleasure that's hard to be certain what just happened. It certainly brings out a rosy red in Rein's cheeks that seem colorful. Until Ukry describes Rein's fluids and the rose just becomes the deepest of crimsons.

"Y-yes, well, I um, hmm that is... uhh, this w-way," Reinholdt rubs his shoulder as he tries to regain his poor footing and leads the way to the shooting range.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

The good (ish) news is that Adrie's got no genetic similarities to the genestealer cultists Zee has previously dealt with, and his eggs don't have the same corruptive influence on the host's psyche. His venom is a mix of paralytics, muscle relaxants, anaesthetic compounds, and short-term memory blocker. Somebody stung with them won't be able to move, or feel pain, or remember anything from shortly before they were stung until it wears off- usually seven minutes later. Also, the 'skin' he wears is in fact his own; he's not masquerading as anyone else, and did not harvest it in the same manner as the alien in Men In Black. So I guess one organ is in the right place.

"I am sure there are jewellers around who would appreciate someone of my experience. Antwerp is the diamond capital of Europe." And has been for a very long time.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

And then someone's sitting at the bar. They weren't there before, and the door never opened, but from the looks of this individual they've been here for a while, as there's already two empty bottles of cola on the counter in front of them. How odd.

Said individual is a young person perhaps in their late teens or early twenties, dressed in an extremely rumpled and dirty looking suit that seems to be torn in a few places. Their feet are bare and grass stained, and they idly kick at the bar as they take a sip from their third can. Sharp cheekbones and dark circles under darker eyes are overshadowed by a tangled mess of scruffy black hair. There's a white streak through it that's reminiscent of a skunk. Their gender isn't readily apparent, and the only ornamentation they have is a crow skull necklace on a tarnished silver chain.

Picking at a splinter in the bar with a rather sharp fingernail, they glance around, eyeing the other patrons with interest. Lots of interesting people, with lots of interesting smells. With no set agenda in mind, Lenny has come here looking for whatever weird situation they happen to stumble across. Sure beats chasing foxes.
horses can attack and eat me