Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Re: Riverside

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

There are a lot of tunnels under Riverside. It's something cities like these tend to build up on over the years; public works projects, passageways between buildings, even entire expansions downwards to eke more space from the confines of the city walls. Sometimes enterprising criminals even carve new ones to sneak things past authority - entire networks have been mapped dating specifically to a prohibition period ages past. Plenty of them fall by the wayside as the years go by, too. A subway expansion runs out of budget and never gets finished. Buildings get foreclosed and fall into disuse. A smuggling ring gets broken up or loses its power through legalization.

But they still remain, and happen to be the perfect kind of place for hanging out away from prying eyes. Which is why Anastasia is currently kneeling down in front of a rusty locked door.

Click.
Clink.
Ka-chink.

The door creaks open and the kitsune glances back to her compatriots with a crafty grin. "See? I'm getting faster," Both of her tails wag. It felt good to show off.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Tags:
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo is a few steps away, keeping watch to make sure no one stumbles across their indiscretion. When he hears the telltale sound of the lock giving way he turns his head and gives Ana a grin. "You've been practicing." He praises. Then he steps in, slips past Ana, and through the door with his girlfriend's hand caught in his own. "Make sure the door's shut behind you, Atsede." He reminds.
~Images by Soushiyo
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Eastside Mayoral Election - Eastside City Hall

The candidate registration office is open for business for anyone wishing to seek office in the upcoming Mayoral election.

The sitting mayor, Felandria, has called for the election since she has been serving as unelected mayor since the Riverside Invasion when Jezebel stepped down.

Felandria will, however, be running to keep the office and solidify her position with a mandate from the people, but is certainly ready to step aside if change is what the people want.

She has already submitted the paperwork, and the office is ready to file for anyone else who wants to run for the job.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted]

Svartha was still a bit miffed that her plan of activating the fire alarm in the prison and see what would happen had gotten a hard pass.
This was exactly what happened when you introduced any kind of democratic element to an army.

But now they had to go with the only other plan they could come up with during their approximately 5 minutes long planning session. Two of which had been dedicated to her trying to explain what a 'fire alarm' was.
And this new plan was working out exactly how she imagined it would.

Poorly.

Just how many units had they already lost to incomplete prison guards? It was frankly embarrassing.
So when it came to her part she would have to at least ensure that their sacrifice wouldn't be in vain.

So she goes in for a dive.
The clouds parting as a winged figure makes a beeline for the section of the prison where the majority of the prisoners were.
_

The people inside is unlikely to hear the landing due to the obnoxiously loud scraping sounds of the goblins tearing up the metal vents and falling down onto the floor of the prison. Still giggling madly as they get up to look around. Not even now realizing this was the one section of the prison they weren't supposed to be in.

Since while the guards might not hear the sound of Svartha landing on the room any of them in this section would most likely notice her melting a hole in the ceiling before dropping down something into the hole. Any nearby guard of prisoner deciding to investigate it would find a ornate yet strangely ordinary satchel.
_

In the other sections of the prison the goblins are still causing havoc. Trying to get into every possible room, especially if its locked, just to see if they can. Lifting and throwing people at one another. Creating utter pandemonium as animal force attempts to restore order.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Once safely inside the prison, Nathair gives Nightshade a quick pat on the back. "You know the way to your cell? Go there, get inside, and stay low. We'll deal with these hooligans." Turning to the other guards, Nathair nods at the door. "You lot, keep this locked down, but if Barry and the others retreat, you let them in. Got it?"

With that, Nathair takes off running towards the main prison block. The prisoner's safety is the absolute priority, and the attack probably has something to do with them anyway. He ignores the sounds of echoing laughs in the vents; at least no one's getting hurt in there.
horses can attack and eat me
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

A few guards do notice the satchel, but foremost they notice the fresh hole in their ceiling. None dare approach the satchel because so far everything here has been BOMBS. One guard leans forward slightly just to look up, but doesn't dare step towards the thing on the ground. Instead they get on the radio. "They're cutting through the ceiling now. They're going to wreck the lights if they keep this up. An unattended baggage item has also been dropped in. We need bomb squad here in the control room STAT. I'm evacuating the area." Those guards monitoring the cameras and consoles all step away from their station to get away from the thing that might explode at any minute. This was supposed to the be the most secured area!

Ava tepidly steps forward to her cell door's small window, peering curiously and morbidly at the strange goblin-like creatures that just fell into the hall outside the cell. What were they?

There are a lot of locked rooms to choose from, given that it's a prison. Most of the people are in those locked rooms even. There are two locked rooms people aren't being held in though. Bit on opposite ends, but the generator on one side and back-up on the other have their own housing areas. One's guarded, however, by Carrie. A particularly fearsome crocodile with thick skin and a thicker bite. The other is guarded by a wrench waving maniac. This is not the janitor, but one of the prisoners pretending to be the janitor on the worst escape attempt day ever. He doesn't even mean to guard the generator room, the gremlins just backed him up that way. His wrench is thick and heavy though and he swings it carelessly.

Nightshade almost snarks that he's been here a hundred times longer than Nathair has, but just nods and hurries back into the suppression field block. "Of course," the other guards say, before Nathair hurries off. Nathair can intercede to protect the generators, hear the call for a bomb squad on the radio and check out the mysterious satchel, or enter the suppression field area to deal with the vent gremlins that have broke their way in.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"Come on, come on..." Svartha quietly chants as she stares at the satchel on the floor as she held the trigger in her hand. She could just unleash the contents if she activated it but then she'd never know if her interpretation of how that item interacted with this suppression field was correct or not.

As the guard came into her field of vision she is just about to just activate the damn thing when something is suddenly ejected from the satchel that's way too big to have been able to fit inside it.

Since it's about the size of a boar.

Though that's just about where the similarities end between that animal and this nightmare made flesh ends. This creature ends up landing on the floor with sound that sounds like a twisted version of an oink.

Then the satchel starts to spit out more and more of these creatures to Svartha's delight. She had expected it to explode once it entered the field but this was much better as now she might be able to keep the bag.
"I'd run if I were you." She tells the guard with a demented grin. All the effort of forcing those stupid swine into the satchel had paid off!

Of course, she had hoped that the gremlins would have directed the guards away from this section of the prison by now. They really were useless. But she supposed you could have everything and there was probably less guards here than usual at least.

Meanwhile, the goblins that tore their way through the vents starts to try to tear through the closest door with their claws. Within the field their energies were quickly draining so they had to act fast. Rather than fooling around they're going directly for the objective which was the prisoners and what stood in their way to freedom.

The goblins, like a particularly violent and rude river, always took the path of least resistance. So they're trying to avoid the animal force members when there were easier doors to get into.
But weren't they also supposed to find a fire alarm? They had no idea what that was but apparently fire was supposed to help them find it.

So while a group of them are playing 'dodge the wrench' with the fake janitor another have made a bonfire with the still smoldering corpse of their own kin fueled by clothes they've stolen (mainly hats) and furniture they've found inside the prison.
They're now performing what seems to be an almost ritualistic dance around the fire, hollering loudly through the halls of the prison.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on May 17, 2023 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Since Nathair was already headed for the main prisoner's quarters, the crackle of their radio alerting them to the bomb threat only serves to make them sprint faster through the halls. There's no telling what kind of damage an explosion could cause if it went off in the midst of the cells.

Running full tilt into the room, they skid to an abrupt halt as the first of the horrific swine comes squealing out of the satchel. "Oh god..." One would be bad enough. But as they keep coming, it's quickly apparent that-

"The gremlins were just a diversion," Nathair mutters grimly. These beasts look significantly more lethal, and the guards are so busy securing the perimeter that there's not nearly enough to put up a good fight in here. Where's ANIMAL FORCE when you really need it?

Of course, it's hard not to notice the flying being who seems to have deposited the bag. Perhaps the mastermind of the whole attack? Nathair's mechanical eye zooms in on her with a whir, scanning for illusions or weak points. Of course, the suppression field puts them at a severe disadvantage without access to telekinesis.

But the prisoners would otherwise be sitting ducks, so there's no choice at all. Ignoring the slavering flesh pigs, Nathair waves up at their flying commander.

"Hey! You up there. Any chance you could call this whole thing off? I'd hate to detonate the fission core in my chest, but if you're planning on killing the prisoners then I might as well take all of you with them, right?" They tap the front of their left shoulder with a metallic thunk. Are they bluffing? Entirely possible. They don't exactly have a lot of other cards on the table.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: May 11, 2023 1:33 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

There are a lot of tunnels under Riverside. It's something cities like these tend to build up on over the years; public works projects, passageways between buildings, even entire expansions downwards to eke more space from the confines of the city walls. Sometimes enterprising criminals even carve new ones to sneak things past authority - entire networks have been mapped dating specifically to a prohibition period ages past. Plenty of them fall by the wayside as the years go by, too. A subway expansion runs out of budget and never gets finished. Buildings get foreclosed and fall into disuse. A smuggling ring gets broken up or loses its power through legalization.

But they still remain, and happen to be the perfect kind of place for hanging out away from prying eyes. Which is why Anastasia is currently kneeling down in front of a rusty locked door.

Click.
Clink.
Ka-chink.

The door creaks open and the kitsune glances back to her compatriots with a crafty grin. "See? I'm getting faster," Both of her tails wag. It felt good to show off.
Gullara wrote: May 11, 2023 2:23 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo is a few steps away, keeping watch to make sure no one stumbles across their indiscretion. When he hears the telltale sound of the lock giving way he turns his head and gives Ana a grin. "You've been practicing." He praises. Then he steps in, slips past Ana, and through the door with his girlfriend's hand caught in his own. "Make sure the door's shut behind you, Atsede." He reminds.
[Youthful Indiscretions]

Following behind the two of them is Atsede, grinning, carrying a case of Mag's Hard Lemonade and Spud Light in each of her arms. She returns a grin as Anastasia opens the door ahead. "Hell yeah, Strawberry." She enters after them, accompanied by the faintest of glows in the dark of the tunnels. She stops at Eliseo's request, rolling her eyes and holding up her full arms pointedly. "Hey, you're the one with the free hands, dipshit." Regardless, she slammed the door shut with a kick. "Getting these was way too easy, y'know. We should do this more often."
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Ana's face darkens with a pleasant warmth under the duo's praise, and her tails wag even faster once Eliseo's hand wraps around hers. She follows after with a lovesick little spring in her step and leans her head against his arm - then glances back as the door shuts behind them.

"I -um, do you want me to carry one of those for you?" What she means is obvious, but her eyes do wander from the heavy cases to the changeling herself. Woah, was she always this... radiant? Weird. Pretty, though.

The tunnel itself is a fairly simple affair. Rough dirt-covered walls and sturdy braces, old electric lamps whose access to the grid has long since been severed. There are signs of some manner of construction here, once - half-bricked walls and haphazard floorboards. Perhaps an old smuggling tunnel someone once sought to renovate into something more. It's not that unusual for Anastasia and Eliseo by now though - they've been here before a few times already.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo laughs and turns a bit back toward Atsede. "What? Can't handle all that?" But even so, he reaches back and pulls the blue labeled bottle of Reineken from under Atsede's arm. The rest seems manageable.

He then guides the way, with Ana in arm, down the tunnel. They head along for a little ways until they take a turn into an entrance. It leads into a small room, similarly supported to the tunnels, though the space seem pretty incomplete. Especially the furthest wall. It looked like someone was digging and just stopped. The teens have made this their hangout spot regardless. They even dragged in an old couch in here that they found on a curb. And there's a card table and a few folding chairs.

Eliseo breaks free of Ana and pops the bottle down on the table then goes around to turn on the various camping lamps scattered around the room to provide light.
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Atsede would normally respond to Eliseo at this point by flipping him off, but with her hands in use, all she could do was poke out her tongue at him. "Nah, don't worry, I got this," she says to the both of them. Though she is at least a little bit thankful Eliseo took that awkwardly tucked bottle off of her.

At first, she's not sure what to make of the tunnels. It's old, and dim, and sure it seems like a pretty sweet place to explore, but is this really gonna be their choice of hangout spots? All this dust and dirt could never bother her for long, but still. Soon, however, they ducked into the small alcove, and her opinions changed. The Changeling whistled. "Dang, this is where you've been hiding out to smooch each other? Learned your lesson from the school incident, I guess. Where did you two even get a couch, anyways? I'm impressed." She dumped the bottles and cans on the table rather ungracefully, before working on setting up a chair and kicking her feet up as she always did.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Gullara wrote: May 07, 2023 7:23 pm [Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

"Yeah, I think that'd help a lot. It's kind of a dynamic problem, and I have to put a lot of attention into the theorem itself, so I'll be busy." Reilana nods. "I also don't exactly know if the spirit will respond exactly. I mean it's like how we talked about before. Most of the precautions are about human spirits, and an animal spirit should be a bit more predictable. But I'm also not doing a binding with rigid control."
[Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

"I shall use a binding I concocted for troublesome primal spirits, then," says Sticks. "Keeping so many different kinds of animal anima in a single location tends to cause a little friction, after all."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Y-yeah, uh, kinda." Ana's face goes from pleasant warmth to awkward heat at that one. Atsede could really read them far too well sometimes. "Someone left out over by the apartments a few weeks ago. And like, there wasn't anything living in it so, uh, we dragged it in here." The kitsune drops down on the couch and nothing bursts out in response to undercut her statement. The two must be spending a lot of time in here - Atsede might note a light smattering of fox fur has already started to build up on the cushions.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo laughs at Atsede's comment then pops down on the couch next to Ana, smoothly putting an arm over her shoulders. "It's wild the kinda things people just toss out. I mean this thing is just a little worn out, but I guess that's enough for some people. You just gotta check back alleys a lot of the time."
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Svartha doesn't have to tell the guard to run, but follows Svartha's instructions anyways. Running was the plan! Well running and shutting the door behind them and locking it tight. Keeping those swine in the control room was hardly ideal, but at least they'd be contained.

At least, that was the plan, but Nathair went in with a bold plan . Still the guards motion for them to get out of the room so they don't get trampled and murdered. "Get out of there!" The guards at the doorway nervously look between Nathair and the murder boars, waiting to see who twitches first.

Ava gasps and takes several steps back as the goblin gremlins start tearing through her and Matilda's doors, amongst one or two others. This is it isn't it? This is where she was going to die? With no options left to her, Ava grabs her pillow, prepared to swing it violently at the goblin as the door finally tears open. "STAY BACK!" She cries out of fear.

Well a fire will certainly find the fire alarm. In a way. The goblins fire does set off the fire alarm, as a fresh warning rings through the prison, a sharp ringing of the bell. Honestly not too different from the alarm that had already been going off. The biggest difference is in the response...

Namely sprinklers. They flick to life with a sudden downpour upon anyone in the outer cellblocks, making life even more miserable for everyone inside. Well, except for Barry and Carrie. Polar bear's fur is built to repel water and the crocodile sure doesn't care. It slows Terry's flying though.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Matilda backs away from her door as the goblin-gremlins work on ripping it to shreds, preparing herself to run and jump over the little monsters as they open her door and use the opportunity to get away. She's in her humanoid form, as she thinks speed and agility will serve her better than size and strength, not to mention stealth.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

quillpleasant wrote: May 13, 2023 4:17 am Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Since Nathair was already headed for the main prisoner's quarters, the crackle of their radio alerting them to the bomb threat only serves to make them sprint faster through the halls. There's no telling what kind of damage an explosion could cause if it went off in the midst of the cells.

Running full tilt into the room, they skid to an abrupt halt as the first of the horrific swine comes squealing out of the satchel. "Oh god..." One would be bad enough. But as they keep coming, it's quickly apparent that-

"The gremlins were just a diversion," Nathair mutters grimly. These beasts look significantly more lethal, and the guards are so busy securing the perimeter that there's not nearly enough to put up a good fight in here. Where's ANIMAL FORCE when you really need it?

Of course, it's hard not to notice the flying being who seems to have deposited the bag. Perhaps the mastermind of the whole attack? Nathair's mechanical eye zooms in on her with a whir, scanning for illusions or weak points. Of course, the suppression field puts them at a severe disadvantage without access to telekinesis.

But the prisoners would otherwise be sitting ducks, so there's no choice at all. Ignoring the slavering flesh pigs, Nathair waves up at their flying commander.

"Hey! You up there. Any chance you could call this whole thing off? I'd hate to detonate the fission core in my chest, but if you're planning on killing the prisoners then I might as well take all of you with them, right?" They tap the front of their left shoulder with a metallic thunk. Are they bluffing? Entirely possible. They don't exactly have a lot of other cards on the table.

The being standing above the hole is under no illusion and probably has roughly the same weak points as your average humanoid. Though considering that their skin seems to be mostly made of metal, not to mention the other divergences from the humanoid form, it's difficult to tell.
These modifications indicate that they're fueled by more than just biology however.

His words makes her scan her surroundings. Was this a distraction to come at her from another angle? It had only been a few seconds though. It was impossible they could have formulated a plan that quickly.
So apparently this guard was just convinced she was here to kill the prisoners? If only she had that easy a goal.

"If no one resists, no one will be hurt. We're just breaking someone out." Even if Svartha that it sure didn't look like they did considering that they had deployed a small army just for that. She might break out a few more people just so she could justify all these resources spent.

Meanwhile, the bag continues to spit out creatures. Now being a total of three which are slowly getting their bearings and scanning their surroundings. They've yet to make any hostile moves but they seem almost designed for just that purpose. Being made up of nothing but razor, tusks and malice.

Once the goblins have torn the door open they will tilt their heads at Ava and then move on to the next set of doors. They were already getting weaker so they had to hurry up.
Unless of course they get run over by Matilda as she makes a dash for freedom.

The goblins are not amused when water starts ruining their fun, they had just got that fire going!
They're not tall enough to actually reach the sprinklers though, regardless of high they can jump. So they're going to holler and ineffectually shake their fists at them. But other goblins are going to try to find other ways to start up fires however. One of them carrying an actual can of gasoline which it must have brought in from the outside.
It starts pouring it at random places while the others are engaged elsewhere.

Like with the 'janitor' for instance. One of the goblins is just gonna jump him, having tired of the wrench dodging game.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Eastside Mayoral Election - Eastside City Hall]

A somewhat unusual candidate signs up for the election. A non-binary elf by the name of Tillvael is running for major. Their odds of winning certainly aren't high; they're not well-known or influential. Their platform is one of security; they claim that the whole of Riverside is under threat by demons and decisive action must be taken to root them out.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Nathair seems rather nonplussed by Svartha's claim, rocking back on his feet as he considers it. Escape attempts were usually a lot more subtle, and involved less giant murder pigs. Still, the fact that she's willing to talk at all is a start.

"Ooookay, well, my priority is the prisoner's wellbeing. If you're breaking someone out, why all this collateral damage? Surely it's a drain on your resources."

He steps forward, smiling disarmingly. "Tell you what. I'll help you get your prisoner out as long as you leave after and don't hurt anyone else. I know the security in here, and I can free someone a lot faster than you. What do you say?" It might seem suspicious for a guard to deal so quickly with attackers, but he sure sounds like he's being honest. Perhaps the ends justify the means when it comes to the prisoner's safety.

-

Eastside Mayoral Election - Eastside City Hall

A new candidate has stepped up to the challenge of vying for mayor. Her platform involves the disbanding of all law enforcement, followed by a major redistribution of the city's wealth. Operation Even Spread, as she calls it, calls for the complete liquidation the city's treasury to fund a massive one time payment split between all citizens. The name of this forward thinking- nay, this heroic figure? Atya, elven heartthrob and fashion icon, beloved by the common people of Riverside who have definitely heard of her before..

Rumors of her criminal background, including nine counts of arson, six murders and countless thefts? Baseless accusations intended to smear her good name. Atya is the candidate the people want, and she promises to be not only the best mayor the town has ever had, but also its last one. You can't improve on perfection.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Well the killer boars are surrounded by a lot of consoles and camera screens. Plenty of equipment to stomp on if they wanted. Control rooms aren't nearly as exciting as they're made out to be. The one guard hesitating at the door calls out to Nathair once more. "What?! What do you think you're doing? You can't just give them a prisoner! That's-" Oh one of those boars are looking over here. Nope. Done with this. The guard finishes stepping out of the room and shuts the door tight. They have no idea how long that will hold against the death boars so they start booking it down the hall.

Ava pants as the goblins... leave. "Wh-what?" Did she actually scare them off? Did they just not find what they were looking for? They do seem to be tearing into the cells entirely at random.

Hesitatingly steps forward to poke her head out of the hole, half pulling back when she sees the terrifyingly aggressive Matilda out in the hallway. Where was she going? Ava glances back at her cell before stepping out and gingerly following Matilda. Better than hanging around and waiting for those goblins to change their mind and come back for her.

More fires generally result in more water and it doesn't take very long before things just stop getting lit on fire in the first place, flames unable to find purchase in the soaked rags and furniture. Until the gas is set on fire anyways. Then things stop getting wet and start getting steamed.

The 'janitor' yelps and drops his wrench, but is surprisingly adept at fighting dirty in hand to hand and soon it's just a messy scrap between goblin and crook with no rules and less forethought.
► SHOW SPOILER
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Matilda does not know where she is going. She strides forward quite deliberately, trying to find the outside world, and sometimes stops to sniff the air. This is, of course, assuming nothing tries to stop her. Goblins, gremlins, or guards; exactly what won't matter. The deadening field stops her full transformation; she can still turn her hands into vicious talons with dense fur and feathers growing up her arm.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Ugh, she hated when that got commented on. Yes, it was a huge waste of resources but no, there was in fact not any greater scheme at work here. Just a big stupid hammer that needed a constant stream of nails to satisfy it.
"I say that you got five minutes." Svartha remarks as she throws down a rope which the moment it touches the floor underneath her just stops moving. Staying in a perfect line all the way up the hole she had made. It was yet another fascinating item that she had looted off the bags former owner.
"Get the prisoners climbing and my pets won't be hurting anyone."
The swines that have managed to get up all turn to stare at him. Awaiting either a command from Svartha or some kind of reaction from him.

Well, now they were just taking all the fun out of arson.
Frustrated with the lack of process the goblins had to find another source of entertainment. Like smashing random objects and breaking whatever furniture they haven't attempted to set fire to yet. Though running away from animal force is what they find the most entertaining.

Once Mr. Janitor is down more of the gremlins jump on him exchanging a few blows before backing off again.
Others have what he seemed to be guarding in mind and starts to push whatever buttons and pull whatever levers they can find on the machine.

The goblins don't try to stop her. They're still going after the door, acting uncharacteristically orderly even if they occasionally still poke one another and giggle.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Ignoring the protestations of the other guard, Nathair taps their chin in thought, frowning at Svartha's response.

"I don't know if we're communicating very well here. Why would all the prisoners need to leave if you're here for one person? Why don't you tell me who you're breaking free, I can figure out where they are, and you can all leave without any further trouble."

They wave vaguely at the razor swine. "No need for any of these, no need for further violence. You could minimize your losses if you just let me do the collection for you."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Murkus wrote: May 15, 2023 9:26 am [Theories of Necromantic Adhesion]

"I shall use a binding I concocted for troublesome primal spirits, then," says Sticks. "Keeping so many different kinds of animal anima in a single location tends to cause a little friction, after all."

"Okay, let's start." Reilana then proceeds to pull a sheet out of her bag and lays it out on the ground. Then she carefully lays out the rabbit's skeleton is an array that aligns with their connective anatomy. Then she gets up and positions herself in front of the head of the marked skeleton.

The necromancer whistles, a clear, precise sound of someone well practiced. The first sound turns into tune, slow and melancholic. On its surface, the song is unassuming, but even Sticks himself will feel the tug of the calling ever so slightly. The spirited automatons around them will feel it even more strongly, but their existing binding will largely allow them to shake it off.

Now the real complication goes further out. Resting spirits are unlikely to be called without additional assistance, but the recently departed are drawn. At any given time in an environment, animals are likely to have died. Someone practiced liked Sticks may notice it quickly. A small shift in pressure in the air, a stirring in nearby trees and foliage. Nothing overt yet, but it seems like Reilana's concerns are being validated.
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Matilda will come across someone actually going towards the cells. Nightshade is returning to his and upon spotting Matilda... honestly just gives her a look and a wide berth. He won't bug either her or Ava if they don't bother him.

Otherwise Matilda will have other things in her way. There's a checkpoint. Bars in the way between her and the yard. Even if she could get past the bars, many of the guards have gathered there on account of it being somewhat barricaded from the goblin attack outside. Matilda could detour before getting spotted towards another section of the jail. Same issue, admittedly. Checkpoint bars and a few guards. But much less guards, these three having recently escaped the control room. It's further away from the yard entrance though.

Either way, Matilda seems to be gathering a following above and beyond just Ava though. Each prisoner let loose by the goblin seems to have more or less the same idea and has taken to following her lead. The fact that she can even formulate talons speaks to her strength and has forcibly demanded the respect of more than a few during lunch time.

Nathair and Svartha may be able to see the various movements on the camera screens in this room. This particular room is focused on the inner prison so it doesn't have the distraction of all the shenanigans that are going on in the outer prison. Matilda and Ava are visibly on the move and they're only a few more escapees away from a full on riot. Whether the goblins last long enough to get more out is a separate question.

Well it doesn't take very many button presses and lever pulls before the backup generator sparks and begins to smoke. Past the 'Janitor' is a room that the sprinklers aren't actually going off in for some reason. Which means fires can work just fine in here. The generator starts to shake as it begins to heat up. Probably not a good idea to stick around for very long.

But until they get past Carrie the Crocodile on the other side and take down the generator over there, they can't cause a full blackout.
► SHOW SPOILER
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: May 15, 2023 4:55 pm [Youthful Indiscretions]

"Y-yeah, uh, kinda." Ana's face goes from pleasant warmth to awkward heat at that one. Atsede could really read them far too well sometimes. "Someone left out over by the apartments a few weeks ago. And like, there wasn't anything living in it so, uh, we dragged it in here." The kitsune drops down on the couch and nothing bursts out in response to undercut her statement. The two must be spending a lot of time in here - Atsede might note a light smattering of fox fur has already started to build up on the cushions.
Gullara wrote: May 16, 2023 3:47 am [Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo laughs at Atsede's comment then pops down on the couch next to Ana, smoothly putting an arm over her shoulders. "It's wild the kinda things people just toss out. I mean this thing is just a little worn out, but I guess that's enough for some people. You just gotta check back alleys a lot of the time."
[Youthful Indiscretions]

Atsede smirked as she saw that all-too-predictable rise of blush to Ana's cheeks. Score. That girl was so easy. She leaned forwards to grab a Spud Light, cracking it open with a hiss. She took a swig, making a face at the taste, before taking another sip. Those blue eyes of her glanced over the couch. Probably a good thing she chose the chair, with all that fur, but then again she tended to find such things didn't dirty her clothes long. "Sweet find then. Though if I had a couch I didn't want, I wouldn't just leave it. I'd set it on fire or something! At least have some fun with it." Something about Eliseo's phrasing lead her to think of a very particular joke, and it took all of her restraint not to make it.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Youthful Indiscretions]

Anastasia is all too quick to lean into Eliseo once he's there by her side, the motion so smooth as to seem nearly instinctual. The two have always been kind of inseparable, but something's been different to it lately. It's almost as if she's somehow gotten more clingy.

The girl watches Atsede snatch a can immediately, clearly a little surprised by how casually she does it. Eyes briefly linger, caught by the motions of the pretty curve of her neck with every gulp - but then the angel turns towards her, so she breaks away right quick. "You uh, really have done this before, huh?" Obviously. It was Atsede who had the fake ID in the first place.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Sorry, Ana, you're the odd one out." Eliseo disturbs their seating arrangement to lean forward and grab a couple Mag's Hard Lemonade before settling back in with her again. He holds the can for her to take. "Honestly I usually only drink at parties. I don't know what Atsede's excuse is."
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Sticks steadies himself. There was a time when he was a conjurer of glamours, by trade, and only began to apply it to this more serious art when he began to create pleasant simulacra for the souls of the ill-treated dead to occupy. He perks up at the strength of Reilana's calling, his spidery hands settled on his knobby knees as he watches her, listening carefully. Though their methodologies differ vastly, he can sense the similarity in the notes, like the rote gesture and chant of a spell.

He senses the power and attention gathering and elects to begin. From his belt he takes a tiny rattler with a wooden handle and a head of brass. It makes a curious, hollow sound as he begins to shake the thing, three crackling notes at a steady rhythm to accompany the young practitioner's song. His powers and spells are frequently tied with and channeled through specific focus objects - in this case, he thought the modest percussion instrument appropriate. It's good he has something so simple - other than a sense of timing, Sticks is not exactly musically inclined.

Slowly the whole yard starts to breathe around the pair, the undercurrents of Sticks' power gathering with the rising energy. The creatures have all gone silent. They stare, mostly at Reilana, as one unified horde of bright orange eyes.