Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Re: Riverside

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

Ilpholin feels the wind escape her lungs for a moment and the anger dissipates quickly as she sits back down with a little less color in her face. "You want to... bomb Hell's Bend?" It takes a moment for the nymph to process that.

The Deathkiss bombing was messy, a disaster for everyone involved, with real innocent casualties. But Ilpholin had nothing to do with it. She had quite the opposite intention, a clean cut out of sight where no one else need get hurt. What happened there was awful and traumatizing.

It's not that Ilpholin's own plan didn't have some heavy weaponry to back it up, but it was all pretty targeted and not nearly as devastating as what Svartha was suggesting. There was a precision to it, but required Ilpholin getting very close and personal and came with great risk. Maybe she could still pull off the mission as originally intended with the elven warriors backing her up, but the chances of success against those numbers were always low. There was a reason she hadn't green lit the endeavor before now. But if she took the Phyrexians it would likely be worse than having not attacked at all, giving the demons a gift they did not deserve, handing compleation to them on a non-silver platter. And there's little to stop the Phyrexians from going on their own now anyways. Was there truly no other option?

On the other hand, why should she care about the innocents? The collateral damage? Did she not just feel the sting of those who proclaim themselves just and righteous and innocent? Did they not cut her down without a second's thought or hesitation? There was no innocence in this world, only those without the power to stand up and be selfish. Hand anyone that power and you get Sianas. You get Avas. You get Wenomirs and Cessies soaking in the demons' embrace and lapping up praise for their egos all while looking down at others and protecting the Anas, turning a blind eye to murders in the park. Up and down the chain was nothing but corruption and greed.

"I don't have access to that volume of explosives," Ilpholin states, leaning back in her chair.

But...

But.

The hesitancy in her voice suggests she very much knows exactly where to get them.
► SHOW SPOILER

Tags:
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

Svartha nods even in the face of Ilpholin's shock and keeps calmly petting her goblin-pet. "Unless you see any alternatives to getting rid of them of course. But the way you've described them to me, there's little choice if you want to follow through with this plan of yours." She reaches forward and pats the map Ilpholin has presented to her.

Then she waits for Ilpholin's reply.

Since there were always options, especially in cases like this.

Svartha just didn't like any of them.

Which makes her quick to pick up on Ilpholin's hesitation once she finally replies. "Ah, but perhaps you know where I could find some then? You seem quite resourceful."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Back at Moth Park: Midnight

Bobbi hasn't re-entered the park; she's still too scared of whatever it was she found there. Or perhaps which found her. She just ran; and this is the one route she knew was clear and open, and which didn't lead to anywhere her other-self might know of as a potential refuge for her. So Bobbi is outside the park, sat on a bench, head in her hands and crying when Jaahlyn arrives.

Hompton Road: Also Midnight

Now Bobbi in the house will alert her husband and actually call the police; probably not alone, given the decent nature of this particular neighbourhood. Gunshots here are rare, and both barrels of a shotgun in the middle of the night awoke and panicked a lot of people.

On the emergency line, Bobbi-the-Fetch says. "There was a woman outside, ringing my doorbell in the middle of the night. I... I don't know who she is, but she had my face. I was scared and panicked, so I tried shooting her through the door." So that's what any police who turn up will know, with perhaps details of yelling just before hand from some of the neighbours.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

Ilpholin eyes Svartha for a second, her mouth pressing into a thin line. The nymph then points to another section of the map, this time in Eastside.

"This is a holding facility for exceedingly dangerous criminals. Inside you'll find a girl who hates demons as much as I do by the name of Ava." Ilpholin turns in her chair a little, looking at a screen at the wall that clicks on with footage and news coverage from the day Deathkiss died. "She is being held in one of their suppression chambers for trial only due to paperwork and is surely to be found guilty and given the death sentence. For reasons I do not know, she possesses a unique power and can generate the explosive yield you desire. But she is untrained and young. Compleating her would surely enable her to do things with her powers she never dreamed of before and give yourself an explosive edge." Ilpholin watches engrossed as the images flicker through the devastation Ava caused with just a pair of panties.

Tearing her eyes away from the photo of a trampled victim, Ilpholin continues. "Despite the facility being guarded, Eastside is not known for being militaristic. I have little doubt you could take a team and get in and get out with your prize in tow, along with anyone else you felt worthy of recruiting in the moment."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

"Death sentence? Curious." Svartha gives Ilpholin a thoughtful look. "Well, sounds like I might just judge her worthy of the blessing then if she's willing to die for her cause."

She suddenly stands up. "So I will go ahead and make myself actually useful and do that. Beats building barricades, that's for sure." She starts walking about but stops once she's almost at the door and turns. Just as her goblin companions were opening up the door for her.
"Oh, one last thing, Shaska is here." A beat before she offers. "Tauron's maker. You will know her if you see her. Just do me a favor and keep away, alright? She's dangerous and whatever she claims, she isn't one of us."

Back at Moth Park: Midnight

"I- I think that was a fetch." Jaahlyn offers as she finds Bobbie. "They supposed to fetch- or replace you. Just so no one knows that you're missing." She tentatively attempts to put her hand on Bobbie's back. Once again feelings pangs of guilt as she attempts to comfort her. "It isn't you though. Just... junk made to take your shape. It could never be you." She sure seems to know a lot about this.

"Ma'am, a team will be dispatched to your address right away." The voice on the other end says. "But to be clear, can you confirm that your face hasn't been stolen? Since I'm going to need to check yourself in the mirror, just to be sure. This isn't the first time we've dealt with face theft."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Outside Moth Park: Midnight

"So... So my husband didn't even notice I wasn't there? This is fucked in ways I didn't even know." She breathes in and sighs out. "She's not me, but she's been in my shoes for eleven years. She's been married to my husband for... For nearly twice as long as I was." She'd been married five years when her Keeper took away again.

"Wait, that- that's a thing? Oh, gods and spirits..." There's a panicked rush as she heads away, though doesn't reach a mirror. "Honey, I have my face, yeah? It's the police, there was an intruder, don't worry they're gone, but... you see my face, don't you?"
"What? uh... yeah, you got your face. Pretty as ever." The man's voice sounds tired and confused, not all the way awake.

Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

Ilpholin tilts her head a little. Svartha was intelligent and a woman of action. The nymph can't help but feel a breath of fresh air just being in her presence. Even if her methods were still a bit... extreme. Svartha probably just hasn't seen what Ilpholin's seen. Wasn't there the day Wild Mike's was bombed.

"... And Tauron? Is he?" One of us, that is?
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

Svartha nods. "Yes, he is." Her initial answer is curt but after a moment she seems to concede on the need of context. "It's more complicated than I feel I have the time to get into now. But what you need to know is that Tauron is phyrexian, Shaska is not. So keep him away from her, should she show up. Just don't tell the other phyrexians about this when arrive. The less they know, the better and Shaska is still useful to our cause. Phyrexian or not."
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Apr 10, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

"You're sounding more and more heretical by the moment Svartha," Ilpholin casually states, as if it couldn't concern her less. "I'll keep it to myself."

Ilpholin stands as well now. "I'd wish you good luck, but I suspect you won't need it. A bountiful harvest then? Oh I do not know Phyrexian mannerisms very well at all." Bountiful harvest sounds appropriate at least.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Earl of Purple wrote: Apr 06, 2023 5:00 pm Outside Moth Park: Midnight

"So... So my husband didn't even notice I wasn't there? This is fucked in ways I didn't even know." She breathes in and sighs out. "She's not me, but she's been in my shoes for eleven years. She's been married to my husband for... For nearly twice as long as I was." She'd been married five years when her Keeper took away again.

"Wait, that- that's a thing? Oh, gods and spirits..." There's a panicked rush as she heads away, though doesn't reach a mirror. "Honey, I have my face, yeah? It's the police, there was an intruder, don't worry they're gone, but... you see my face, don't you?"
"What? uh... yeah, you got your face. Pretty as ever." The man's voice sounds tired and confused, not all the way awake.

"It's a near perfect copy and people that choose to believe that someone they've known for years has been replaced with an identical double are usually called 'insane'." Jaahlyn explains in a somber tone. "So don't blame him at least."

She wanted to say 'sorry' again but that word hadn't been enough the first time she used it and now it felt even more insignificant.
Yet she had to say something else.

"...it's like you're in one of those stories. Where the protagonist go into the future to see how their life will change. Except you can't go back to the past so you're stuck with what's like... your future self." Not the perfect analogue but she thought it worked well enough.

"Okay, good." The dispatcher remarks. "But it could be any number of other things so I want you to stay where you are and wait for the officers to arrive. If there any nearby doors you could use keep the intruder out you should go and lock them them while you wait. I will try to stay with you on the phone until they arrive, okay?"
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Apr 07, 2023 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Reinholdt wrote: Apr 07, 2023 9:21 am [Project Icarus]

"You're sounding more and more heretical by the moment Svartha," Ilpholin casually states, as if it couldn't concern her less. "I'll keep it to myself."

Ilpholin stands as well now. "I'd wish you good luck, but I suspect you won't need it. A bountiful harvest then? Oh I do not know Phyrexian mannerisms very well at all." Bountiful harvest sounds appropriate at least.
[Project Icarus]

Svartha grins maniacally. "Oh, didn't I tell you? I am very heretical. But thank you, it's appriciate."
She then chuckles at the use of 'bountiful harvest'. "You should save than one for the others. They will probably appreciate it more. Most of them have the mannerisms, and conversational skills, of stiff corpses though so don't expect too much."

Then with a wave she has gone out the door.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

Ilpholin waits for a time, giving Svartha ample opportunity to get back upstairs. After which she steps out into the hall, movement hurried and restrained to efficiency. A screen flicks ahead of her, projected from some unknown source as it connects her to Tauron. "What is your assessment of our conversation Tauron? Is there some other factor I should be concerned about?"

A second screen hovers to her left showing a red mechanical eye and little else. "HALlelujah compile a list of all arrests made in the last 60 hours within Riverside and search for Anastasia Bellamy."

A third catches her attention to the right, displaying a large giant dire spider tank. "Mister Squiggles I need you to rouse the elven warriors and assemble them all in the training hall on the fifth floor."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

"Oh, is this... ah..." Tauron clears his voice. "That I will need to talk with my creator as soon as possible. It's impossible to know just how much she lied without assessing that first." He pauses.
"Furthermore, I don't like this course of action that she's set you on. If this attack she's planning can be linked to you then everything we've worked for her will have been for nothing. Since if there's a significant phyrexian force here we need to convince them to lay low. Not engage in this destructive behavior."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

"Squiggles. Dear. Don't cry. I know. I know..." Ilpholin says quietly over an emphatic amount of chitters. "I love you too..." she assures him. "But there's no time anymore. I need this done yesterday. I'm sorry." A few chitters more before Ilpholin hangs up as Mister Squiggles goes to round up the elves.

"No arrests found for ANASTASIA BELLAMY, including 947 alternative spellings." HALlelujah states. Ilpholin tsks a little with a disappointed frown. "Take your time and break into the police private records to make sure they haven't filed something that they just didn't want to release to the public. She may have asked for protection or offered some sort of deal. Leave no trace of what you've done." She closes the call to HALlelujah as well.

Ilpholin glances back at Tauron. "I have neither the reputation with this group to convince them to refrain from aggressive actions, nor the personal knowledge needed to convince them that it was their own idea. You beg for ideals, but the reality quite simply is that I cannot stop the Phyrexians. If you wanted to lay low you should have told me about the beacon so that we could have worked to mask your signature." This situation, quite frankly, is on him.

"At least you can take heart in the knowledge that Svartha's attack on Hell's Bend will never be linked back to me," Ilpholin says as she steps in the elevator to go down to the fifth floor training area, the closing doors framing Ilpholin as she explains.

"Because we're going to attack Hell's Bend first."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

Tauron can't really object to her accusations. While he wouldn't frame his actions in such a way it was all still very much true.
His reply comes only at the end when she reveals her plan. "Ah... of course you are." Tauron can't help but to sound a bit disappointed even over the device. "Well, perhaps that's for the best. But tell me, how will you break it to her after this is done? As much as I spite her, I don't like the idea of infighting."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I didn't ask for this. I don't think anyone in their right mind would." She's not questioning yet why Jaahlyn knows so much, but that may be coming. "My life was going to be happy and great, with my husband. But... I was taken, and that thing has been with my husband for eleven years." She sounds disgusted about the fetch's presence, refusing to acknowledge any humanity to it.

Hompton Road: Midnight

"Uh, right. Sure. We'll... we'll be in the bathroom. The front door's still locked, it just... has a hole in it. None of our other rooms have a lock." Somebody might be able to unlock it by reaching through, however. The inside door handle bypasses the lock, although a police door opener would also work. There's some muttering and murmuring on the phone, as Bobbi tries to guide her husband into the bathroom whilst also trying to explain what's going on without giving too much away to him. She's trying not to mention that the 'intruder' she saw had her face, for one thing.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"Only blame the ones the ones that did this. Your husband never had any clue. The fetch... I think it wants to be you. Which is why it shot at us." She pauses due to what she would be saying next.

"Which means that if you ever want a chance to reclaim your life..." Jaahlyn leaves the last part unsaid but she hoped that Bobbie would understand what she meant.

Hompton Road: Midnight

Sure enough, the dispatcher will maintain contact with Bobbie until she can hears sirens outside whereupon they will confirm that the squad would have arrived.
Two officers and someone that probably not one arrives at the building. Given that two of them are wearing uniforms while the third, a remarkably tall purple woman with long pointy ears, was wearing a different style of uniform that indicated they were in some kind of training position.
One of the officers will start to look around the premise while the other starts asking her and her husband questions. Such as what exactly had happened, details about the invader, about the hole in her front door and of course if she had a license to own a shotgun.

Meanwhile, the purple woman stands around looking bored. Her amber-colored eyes evidently glowing in the dark like some kind of predatory cat.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Apr 01, 2023 8:40 pm [Big Trouble - Post Scriptum]

The stern demeanor starts to falter once Ana cottons onto the tone in Eliseo's voice. She blinks and feels her cheeks start to warm up a little. "Well - um, I should probably like, eat something lunch ends," the girl points out, eager to shift the topic somehow. She hadn't even started to unpack her own lunchbox in all the chaos! Though to be fair, her earlier anxiety didn't make eating lunch very easy.

Atsede's jab does earn a giggle and she adds, a little playfully as she starts to eat her food, "You better invite me for that, he needs to get thrashed sometimes." Not that it isn't incredibly charming how how cocky Eliseo is, of course.
Gullara wrote: Apr 04, 2023 4:01 am [Big Trouble - Post Scriptum]

"Yeah you better eat. No one wants hungry Ana." He mocks a worried look before laughing and bumping his shoulder into her.

"So you've been practicing day and night. Since you think you've got a chance." How did this boy go from the back foot to maximum cocky?
[Big Trouble - Post Scriptum]

It's true, you did need to eat. The changeling had gotten around this just fine by eating while they talked, with no regard for manners, but the fox across from her was a little more polite it seemed.

Atsede chuckles at Anastasia's comment, saying, "Of course! The more there to witness his downfall, the better." She mock-flexed. Her eyebrow raised as Eliseo returned fire. Didn't he remember what started this all? "Not that I need it, but I'm going to have so much time to practice while you're Mega Grounded." She was, of course, still grounded herself, but she had gotten pretty good at getting around that these days.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"...I need to kill it first. And find some way to do so that doesn't freak my husband out. I can't go to him and claim I got replaced, he's had eleven years with that mockery." So any tests to prove her identity relying on those eleven years will fail. And those that rely on earlier history are likely to be ties, as the fetch has had plenty of time to learn of that history, if she doesn't have the memories already.

It's a reasonably standard terraced house, despite the hole in the door. The shotgun is a double-barrelled break-action model, and it is licensed- though not to Roberta 'Bobbi' Doe. It's licensed to her husband, Samuel Doe. Bobbi describes the intruders, she mentions the lookalike first, and describes jeans and a shirt for her clothing. She doesn't know where she ran to, but suspects she wasn't alone- after the second shot, she worked on reloading the shotgun and when she looked again she saw someone else running away (and points down the road in the direction Jaahlyn and Bobbi ran) from her doorstep, but didn't see well enough to get a good description- though she was 'running weird'.

Samuel didn't even see that much, being upstairs and waking up at the sound of gunshots and headed downstairs to see what was going on. The bedroom curtains are open, but Samuel claims not to have noticed them and Bobbi says she opened them to get a breathe of night air, and has since closed the window but not the curtains. The shotgun's usually kept in a locked cupboard upstairs, whilst the key is in Samuel's bedside cabinet drawer. Bobbi knew this, but won't be able to explain why she took the keys and the shotgun without trying to wake her husband first.

Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Big Trouble - Post Scriptum]

"Hrk-" Anastasia coughs as some of the rice she's devouring goes down the wrong tube, then swiftly gulps down some of a juice box and flashes an embarrassed little smile. Nothing weird about this whatsoever. Eliseo's playful ribbing probably just caught her unaware, that's all.

"Ohmigod you're such a dork," she contributes, watching Atsede pretend to flex her biceps with a giggle and a shake of her head. "Now I really don't know which one of you I wanna see get cut down to size."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

"It's a sight better then allowing Svartha to explode an entire chunk of the city." And compleating demons is the worst possible thing. "Even if I had nothing to do with it, people would unfairly presume it was me. There's a number who thought I was responsible for bombing Wild Mike's and the only reason I didn't have a line of investigators at my door asking questions is because they caught perpetrator right away. And even that didn't stop some from throwing asperations and suspicion my way." This would be a thousand times worse.

"I don't know..." Ilpholin admits. "Maybe that I couldn't stand to wait a moment longer and let impatience get the better of me. That I was still mad at what they did to me and I couldn't bear to think of those demons enjoying the luxury of a quick death. Point out that Svartha still got Ava, and she's still a valuable piece in her pocket." That alone is problematic, but maybe not the end of the world. Maybe. "Mention that I still cleared out Hell's Bend for the Phyrexians to set up shop and they didn't expend a single soldier in the process. She may be mad, but she won't be able to argue with the favorable results."

Ilpholin sighs. "If you think that's not enough, then spend this time coming up with a decent excuse for me. I have to go." She'll give Tauron an opportunity to respond before hanging up.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Project Icarus]

"I... suppose it all favors us in the end." Tauron admits after Ilpholin explains her full reasoning. "But I'm going to look more into how to find my creator while you're doing this. Assuming of course that she's not with the other quaesators. Need to speak with her as soon as possible." Then he let's her end the call unless there was something else.

"The truth might be best considering how much bizarre things that happen around here. But... you will have to deal with it somehow, yes." She takes a quick glance at Bobbie's legs. "Are you are aware that you look... different from before? That you've been changed since you were taken?" She knew it all was hidden underneath a glamour of sort but she wasn't sure of the nature of it. Did it also hide it from Bobbie herself?

Bobbie will be asked about how if she knows how to operate a shotgun since she had ended up waking up neighbors who also had called in, sounding rather terrified. They even had an eyewitness from whose perspective she had just started shooting at people who seemed to have completely civil intentions.

They promise they will look into her midnight guests but right now it wasn't clear if any crime had actually been committed. Since if it was so dark and she was watching them through a window from above, how could she be so sure that this woman looked exactly like her? She couldn't have gotten more than a glimpse of her face if she was standing right outside the door.
Either way, it would have been better if she had just called the police straight away instead of taking the law into her own hands. Especially as she had never claimed they had been trying to force their way in.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Apr 11, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

Of course Tauron is. Ilpholin quite believed Svartha when she said to keep Tauron away from Shaska. There were a lot of things to like about Svartha after all. But Ilpholin's not sure she'd be able to stop Tauron's search for her now that he knows she's around. She can, at least, not offer any help and make sure HALlelujah doesn't help either.

Leaving that thread dangling dangerously, Ilpholin hangs up and finally steps out of the elevator to meet with the elven warriors.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Project Icarus]

The elves are assembled in the training hall as requested, standing at attention. They've had some suspicions and rumors something bad had happened but nothing confirmed, so to see Ilpholin address them is a relief.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Bobbi's legs and arms are long and slender and look a little stretched, but she's not got a digitigrade locomotion system. Her legs still work the same way as they used to. People might be more inclined to describe her movements as 'graceful' now than they did before, but that's mostly it.

"Yeah, I know. It's mostly hidden, but... I can feel my horns." She's also slightly taller than she was, and there's the pale stripe in the skin about her eyes. Subtle things to make her resemble a gazelle. "It... wasn't hidden, before I got here. Even going through the Hedge, it wasn't hidden." She's unsure how she feels about that; she's left something important in the Hedge, so she feels compelled to go back. It's just... also quite a scary place.

Samuel says he taught her after the Invasion; she was scared and wanted to feel able to look after herself, though they haven't bothered licensing her for the weapon since neither of them take it outside the house. Or at least, they don't often. Samuel goes to a range with it every month (and Bobbi-the-Fetch has been joining him recently) and sometimes he goes camping with some friends and it goes with him then. Bobbi is licensed to a handgun, but she doesn't own one yet.

She also denies looking at the visitors from above; she says she used the door's peephole to see who they were after they rang the doorbell, claiming instead that the curtains were open because she'd neglected to close them after she shut the window again. She doesn't have an answer for why she went to the door at midnight with a shotgun rather than waking her husband to open the door instead.

Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

"I know you've heard some things. Maybe come to some conclusions after missing two training sessions while my AI gave you the run-around," Ilpholin says as she steps to the center of their attention. HALlelujah's Train Yourself To Be A Demon Slayer program is AI generated in all the worst possible ways.

"Well I loathe to inform you that the worst of those rumors was true. Demons hunted me down, ambushed me, and killed me." The collar around her neck unravels into ribbons, revealing a thick and ugly scar marring her otherwise perfect skin.
► SHOW SPOILER
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Project Icarus]

A visible tremor runs through the elves. That Ilpholin died is a surprise in its own right; that she died and returned is an even bigger one. Not to mention the scar's implications as to the manner of her death.

"But you're back now," Haabeth says. "They could kill you, but they couldn't stop you."
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Project Icarus]

"Yes. Well when hell's gates are guarded by demons, I see an inherent flaw in their security." Ilpholin slowly wraps her neck back up. "I crawled my way out of the afterlife because I have a mission to finish. But as a teacher, I have failed you. Learning from someone so defeated... Anyone whose faith is lost in the value I can provide you should step forward now. I will offer no judgement if you want to leave."
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Earl of Purple wrote: Apr 11, 2023 12:53 pm Outside Moth Park: Midnight

Bobbi's legs and arms are long and slender and look a little stretched, but she's not got a digitigrade locomotion system. Her legs still work the same way as they used to. People might be more inclined to describe her movements as 'graceful' now than they did before, but that's mostly it.

"Yeah, I know. It's mostly hidden, but... I can feel my horns." She's also slightly taller than she was, and there's the pale stripe in the skin about her eyes. Subtle things to make her resemble a gazelle. "It... wasn't hidden, before I got here. Even going through the Hedge, it wasn't hidden." She's unsure how she feels about that; she's left something important in the Hedge, so she feels compelled to go back. It's just... also quite a scary place.

Samuel says he taught her after the Invasion; she was scared and wanted to feel able to look after herself, though they haven't bothered licensing her for the weapon since neither of them take it outside the house. Or at least, they don't often. Samuel goes to a range with it every month (and Bobbi-the-Fetch has been joining him recently) and sometimes he goes camping with some friends and it goes with him then. Bobbi is licensed to a handgun, but she doesn't own one yet.

She also denies looking at the visitors from above; she says she used the door's peephole to see who they were after they rang the doorbell, claiming instead that the curtains were open because she'd neglected to close them after she shut the window again. She doesn't have an answer for why she went to the door at midnight with a shotgun rather than waking her husband to open the door instead.

The hedge... that was new to her. But she didn't fully expect this to be the same kind of fey as she was. Similar, but not the same.
"It... doesn't look strange. I mean, look at me. The only reason people look at me oddly is since-" Then it suddenly hits her.

How long had Bobbie said she had been gone again?

"Demons." Jaahlyn finishes unexpectedly. "Do you recall an invasion of demons happening in the city?"

The officer nod as she's explaining this, taking notes. He points out that it still probably was difficult for her to tell if the woman looked exactly like her or not through the peephole but they will nonetheless take her accusation seriously and investigate the matter.

That's when the purple woman speaks up. "Y'know, I could probably track those people down by scent. I just don't really get why I should. She was the one shooting at them just for looking like her. Of course they ran away! I'd do the same thing." She wanders back and forth as she speaks, her glowing eyes just occasionally making eye-contact with the fetch. "Like, what if you actually killed her? Who do you think would get to jail then? The person for having the same face as you or you for blasting off said face, huh?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"No? Oh no. I don't remember that at all." Probably the more important thing to happen in Riverside that she's missed. "What else is there? Do the vampires still rule Westside and keep the place dark? Who is the mayor of Eastside?" Earl can't remember enough about the original state of Soutside or Northside to have queries for there, too, but Bobbi's going to ask questions on those subjects too.

"It was the middle of the night, I was in bed when the doorbell rang. Who comes by at this time of night, huh?" Both Bobbi-the-Fetch and Samuel are in pyjamas. "So I took the shotgun. Then I checked to see who it was, because I thought it was robbers or murderers or something. And I saw a woman with my face standing on my porch. I'm not letting demons or whatever steal my husband or my life." The fetch stumbles over the words of the last sentence, aware that it wasn't a demon out there even if she's in denial over what was in fact on her front doorstep. "I'm not going to get shoved in a mirror whilst some inhuman thing ruins my life for its jollies."