Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Riverside

Post by Keeper »

A Casual Walk

"You're going to have to give me more than that." Jim says simply.
"That being said, I mostly make things and I don't have any of the tools I'd need to replicate that stunt right now. I'm probably not going to be taking on any millennia-old beings by myself, sad to say. Oh, right. Who are you again?"
Yeah they really aught to give him that much, right?

The Toy Tinker

"So...like that thing you showed me before? But it would be going to an actual place?"
Before Jaahlyn had shown him memories, dreams. Going to an actual place to steal their gems sounds like a very different thing. But dreams are pretty magic so it does probably make sense that you can do multiple things with them.

Tags:
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[The Toy Tinker]

Jaahlyn nods to Sticks. "Yeah, it's something like that I suppose." She let's out a small giggle. "I'm glad you're so fascinated by this, sir. Not many people actually ask these sort of questions." The satyr then straightens up and clears her voice.

"But, ah, the underworld is actually several levels and dream is in the upper layer. It's all a bit hard to explain but the way it was explained to me was that the actual waking underworld is mundane. But if a living being would enter it they would start to be assaulted with visions of the, what'stheword-"

Jaahlyn snaps her fingers as it seems to come to her. "-metaphysical one and they would become more, uh, intense the deeper down you go. But to a fey like me, its like stepping through a portal. If I fell down a particularly deep hole for instance I'd disappear before I hit the bottom." She pauses as to give that statement an additional moment of consideration. "...in theory at least. I can't recall that actually happening. But while I'm in the underworld, the I can interact still interact with the physical one." A beat. "The physical underworld that is. I know that it sounds confusing but I know that if I and Jim dreamwalked we'd be able to find some vein of precious gems or something and bring them with us."

A Casual Walk

"We're animals." The moose replies, unhelpfully. "I apologize, Jimeus. I thought that was obvious."

"Yeah, mate. We're animals. Names are, y'know, a human thing. So we don't have any." Somewhat more helpful but far more confusing. The other skeletons seems only to agree with this sentiment however. Apparently they straight up don't have names which raises all sort of questions of how they even communicate with one another.

The bird above him has been silent while the others are giving him answers. But after a little bit it speaks up once more. "Can do ya' one better. Ol' Leer Eye is a satyr and what's more 'e's here in the nexus. Causing even more trauma. An' I know where he is!"

The canine looks up at the bird and shakes its head. "Ya' have to better than that ya' bloody omen. This one got his sails straightened. Not gonna rush in blindly."

The bird let's off what sounds awful lot like a scoff. "So what are ye' gonna do then, eh?" This question seems addressed specifically to Jim.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Aug 11, 2022 3:46 am Skate Park

"Oh, don't worry Atsede, it's fine - it's not your fault Eliseo can't pick up on signals as well as I do," Ana assures, giving Eliseo a playful poke in the ribs. "He's usually better than this, I think being intimidated by just how cool you are has him off his game today."
Gullara wrote: Aug 11, 2022 4:06 am [Skate Park]

"Apparently something like that." Eliseo arches an eyebrow at Ana. "But yeah, I'm sorry too. I probably put my foot in my mouth. Happens from time to time."

"Anyway, we should probably drink these before they totally melt." The boy has a slightly sly look at he holds up the large milkshake in front of Ana. "Hm?" Or right, this stunt.
[Skate Park]

"I said it's fine," Atsede stated. She shifted back, feeling awkward for killing the mood, and sipping a little sullenly on her milkshake. Her eyebrow raised a little at what was starting to unfold in front of her. At least they were back to flirting with each other. At least? Was that a good thing or a bad thing? Well, she was about to find out.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

Anastasia smiles a little, feeling the tension and awkwardness at least partly abate between them. Okay, cool, maybe today wouldn't end in awkward bad vibes. Now if only they could find an excuse to shift -

"O-oh. Um, right," Anastasia blushes, remembering the terrible predicament she's allowed herself to be dragged into here. "W-well, yeah, I guess we should. Wouldn't- uh, w-wouldn't want it to go to waste," she assents, leaning in hesitantly to the milkshake to take a sip. Should- should she be grabbing this from him? Is this weird? A-are people staring at them? Is Atsede???
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Skate Park]

Eliseo gives her a little wink and then leans in and puts his straw in his mouth. The boy is smiling around it as he looks into her eyes. Atsede? Who's that? Right now he's just looking at Ana.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

Oh god, now he's staring at her??? Anastasia keeps drinking, but she just quickly, progressively turns redder and redder and redder and just continues to practically melt of embarrassment. Hold on, isn't that the ice cream's job?
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

Oh. Ew. Yuck. Just how long were these two gonna keep at it? Atsede had some regrets. She'd never seen a girl turn so red either. And like, they weren't saying anything. Not even taking a break. She was pretty sure this was intentional. If any of the two looked at her with their peripheral vision, they would see her face scrunch up in a grimace.

No. She couldn't stand this any longer. She was finished with her own milkshake as well now, staring at the empty plastic cup. They were still just doing this, right in front of her! It had to be stopped. The changeling knew what had to be done.

With a gentle toss, she flung the cup at Eliseo's head, which it bounced of with a gentle bonk. A few remaining droplets of milkshake might land on his face, if he's unlucky. "Oi, idiots, I'm still here y'know." She then turned to the fox. "And oh my Gods. You agreed to this! And yet here you are, look at you! I could plug you into a nuclear reactor and fuel riverside for a week with how red you are!"
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Skate Park]

Eliseo flinches and pulls back from the milkshake. "What? Hey what was that for?" He was expecting some kinda retribution, but, you know, verbal. He start to turn, starting to laugh a little bit about it. Then he fumbles the overlarge milkshake cup and drops it directly onto Ana's lap, with a good splash in her direction on the way down...

"Uh..."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

It seems Anastasia is about to get quite a bit more red - or, well, pink actually, She turns to look at Atsede, embarrassed and fumbling for some sort of clever retort to try and fire back, only to shriek in surprise when her whole front is suddenly a lot more icy.

"O-ohmigosh!" the foxgirl stutters, flinching back and bumping into the table. She stares down at herself in shock, bright ice-cream pink smeared across and soaking down into the white fabric of her shirt.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

There was a moment where Atsede snorts with laughter (and is internally very relieved) as everyone reacts to her interruption, right before everything goes horribly wrong.

Ah, shit! Uh, fuck, you need any help with that?" Oops. This was technically partially her fault, right? Ah well. It was probably more Eliseo's fault than hers, she decided, so she could absolve herself of her guilt. Still, this wasn't exactly the idea outcome.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Skate Park]

"Uh fuck, let me get some-" He scrambles for some napkins and pushes them onto the mess on Ana's front. "Oh my god, I'm sorry!"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

"Ah- gosh, um- The fox looks between her shirt and Atsede and the boy desperately shoving napkins onto her chest. "I- I-I-It's okay, um, I- I dunno, like - Y-yeah I think I really do, I'm not sure we can just wipe all this off!" Thankfully her hoodie has been spared.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

Things had not turned out well it seemed. Eliseo looked almost panicked, and Anastasia? She had clearly been (milk)shaken by this whole, literal, mess.

Atsede reaches for a napkin as well, trying to help. "Uhh, shit yeah..." Atsede glances around to look for some sources of water. There are some bathrooms nearby, maybe that could help? "We might need to wash it off," she said, with a gesture.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Casual Walk

Jim shrugs. "I dunno. Like I said, I don't have any tools to mount some assault. Is he dangerous, or just a massive prick? Jaahlyn made it sound like most satyrs were horny jerks." Which of course does not preclude them from being able to hurt people in a variety of ways. Just not likely to pull out an axe and try to decapitate him.

The Toy Tinker

"So you'd be able to physically interact with the place, but I wouldn't? Well, I guess I'd still be able to pick something out. And be morale support." He doesn't really like the idea of being basically a ghost while Jaahlyn does most of the work. But that's probably just what happens when you're an apprentice wizard and your girlfriend is an immortal guide of the dead and ancient fey.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Skate Park]

Eliseo relents with his napkin assault and nods to Atsede. "Yeah that's probably a good idea." Not somewhere he can help, but the bathroom will have actual running water so it's better than this. God he feels so dumb. Dropping a milkshake on his girlfriend? Ugh!
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

A Casual Walk

There is a reply, but not from the bird this time. It's the canine speaking.
"If there's a single vice Leer Eye haven't given in to the moment it crossed his twisted mind I haven't heard of it, mate. Since just what do ya' think a 'horney' jerk' does?" A moment of silence follows. "And Leer Eye is e' worst of da' lot. Or at least the most active."

"DEATH! DEATH IS WHAT HE DESERVES!" The bird cries out above them.

"You are both being awful right now. We were here to find out more about Jimeus, not drag him into a stupid fight." The moose remarks in a more gentle tone.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

Anastasia's busy trying to calm herself down at this point, and the other two can probably recognize that she's doing her best to steady her breathing. "I- yeah, um, I think- that's probably smart, yeah." She gets back on her feet, looks between Atsede, Eliseo and her shirt, and blushes a little. "I um- I might need some help," Ana admits, feeling a little overwhelmed.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

While this situation wasn't exactly ideal, Anastasia seemed to be a bit more stressed than Atsede felt the situation required. She sighed a little internally. Righto. Time for Captain Atsede to step up and take charge.

"Here," she started, grabbing a hold of the foxes wrist. "c'mon, let's get you cleaned up." At this point, she began to half-guide, half-march Anastasia over to the girls bathrooms- if she was willing to follow (or be dragged) along of course.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

The fox is a little surprised when Atsede grabs her, but doesn't have much trouble following the changeling into the bathrooms. She offers her an awkward smile as they slip inside. "Thanks, um- I appreciate it."

The bathrooms are a fairly standard affair; a line of closed stalls across from a row of sinks, with soap and paper towel dispensers in ample supply. It's not perfect for what they need here, but it should do.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

Atsede immediately sets about running some tapwater, dampening some of the paper towels and rubbing soap into them. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than nothing. She handed them over to Anastasia, looking up and down at the pink drink all over her shirt and the colour of her hair. "Here, Miss Strawberry. Take off your hoodie, I'll hang onto it. It'll be easier that way." She offered what she hoped was a reassuring smile, along with her little joke. "We can get the worst of it off now, and then I'm sure it'll all wash off proper once you're back home!"
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

"Okay, yeah - I think it's probably gonna stain, but maybe we can still manage to save it." Atsede's cheery attitude helps, and Anastasia offers her a small smile as she shrugs off her hoodie and hands it over to the changeling. She starts to wipe down the front of her shirt, pulling outwards on the front to stretch it out and get a flat plane - but looks over at Atsede again after a moment with a mildly quizzical look, "Wait, Miss Strawberry?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

Atsede leans forwards to help wipe her down, but stops for a moment to giggle at Anastasia's question. "Oh well, y'know. You got strawberry all over your shirt, strawberry hair... aaaaaaaand you blush as red as one constantly, too. Plus, I haven't known yah for long," she added with a wink, "but I'd say so far you seem pretty sweet."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

Anastasia blinks. Well, that certainly would explain it. "I-I mean, my hair's not that red, but - um, yeah, I guess I do blush a lot," she admits, feeling uncharacteristically shy at all the teasing and flattery, See, she's even blushing again right now! "I think it's Eliseo really, he's just like, awful at teasing me. Though I guess I'm pretty easy for that stuff, huh?" The fox giggles nervously. "And um, hey - for what it's worth, I think you're like, really cool, so."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

"You say he's awful at it? I dunno, he seemed pretty good at it to me." The changeling grinned. "But yeah, considering you're doing it right now, I'd say yeah, pretty easy."

Atsede's grin only widened when Anastasia complimented her. "I know I am," she said cockily. There was a brief pause as she helped scrub at the shirty, before she added, "Thanks for uh, covering for me back there." She kept it vague, still not entirely sure how much the fox had clicked on to.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

Oh dear, she's blushing again? Well, there's no logical response to this that Ana can have other than to briefly blush slightly more. I-I mean, hey, you know what I meant!" She does, however, smile a little at how smug Atsede gets. It's nice when people appreciate what you think about them.

"Oh- uh, yeah, it's no problem," Ana assures, a little surprised. "I'd do it for anyone - and besides, um - I mean, obviously you don't need to tell anyone if you don't want to, and I won't either, but I know both of us won't care or mock you for it or anything. Seriously, like, we both have two moms." She does her best to give Atsede a reassuring smile.

"A-and besides, um..." Hmm, maybe she shouldn't mention this? Ana hesitates, briefly weighing things in her mind. No, Atsede's been pretty positive, and she's sure someone as cool and nice as her wouldn't mind. Besides, she'd been talking to Eliseo about being out more herself, hadn't she?

"I know Eliseo is cool, cuz... well... I-I'm trans actually, and he's pretty happy dating me."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

Oh. So seems she realized a lot. At least she seemed to be supportive? "Wait, really, the both of you have gay moms?" What were the chances of that?

Seemed that wasn't the only surprising thing Anastasia had to say on this topic, though. "Oh!" Atsede hadn't expected this. She was also rather confused as to where this confidence from her had come from- the fox seemed very shy normally, and they had just met! "I uh, didn't realise that at all with how you look! ...Not that uh, that would make any difference how I thought about you or anything. Um." Oh shit. Atsede knew about trans people, but this was her first time meeting someone, and she wasn't really sure what to say in this situation. Was she making a mess of it? Quick, say something less awkward. What did she expect to hear if she herself came out to someone? "That's pretty cool." Okay, maybe that wasn't the best. But I mean it kinda was true, wasn't it? Like, being transgender was kinda like being a punk, in a way, and punks are cool. This made sense in Atsede's head at least.

Y'know she's probably not helping things here.

"Oh uh... wait shit you are a girl right? And aren't transitioning to a guy?" She really hoped so. She realised she had just made a huge assumption earlier and if she was wrong her compliment probably would have stung. Shit.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

Anastasia chuckles a little nervously as Atsede fumbles a little trying to figure out how to be properly supportive about things. "Haha, um, thanks. You're all good - I'm a trans girl, yeah, I guess I should be flattered you had to double check," she jokes, smiling. There was a strange sense of affirmation in passing so well that even after you told people you were trans, they still weren't sure you weren't actually born a girl.

"But yeah, like - Eliseo didn't realize either, and I was super nervous about telling him, but ever since he learned about it he's been incredibly supportive of me. No hesitation or reservations accepting me either - and if he was so comfortable with that, then... well, I imagine he'll be fine with our new friend being gay," The friendly smile the fox gives Atsede should more than settle just how sure she is of this. And her eyes probably give away a bit of why she's been so willing to share - she genuinely thinks Atsede's, like, really cool.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Skate Park]

"Uh, bi actually. I think." Atsede answered back with her own smile. Whew. Anastasia had laughed a little, which meant she couldn't have done too badly, all things considered. "I'm glad he's so supportive of you! No wonder you're so obviously head over heels for him."

"It's uh, yeah, I've just, never actually told one before. Like, I wanna, but my Mom and Dad..." she hesitated, mid-sentence. "Well, it's just nice to know I can trust the both of you. Though... dunno if I'll tell Eliseo right away though, if he didn't realize what you realized. Y'know, might just be weird to him if we step out of the bathrooms and I immediately tell him, Yo, I'm bi!" She laughs.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Skate Park

Wow, it was that obvious? Anastasia giggles. "Heh, yeah uh, I guess it is a big reason why I love him so much," she admits, nodding. There's a flicker of sympathy in her eyes when Atsede alludes to her parents and their own presumably negative views on things, but the flow of the conversation doesn't seem to lend itself to a chance for her to actually express it before it turns to somewhat lighter matters.

"Oh totally, it's not like you need to go out and tell him or anything really - just, y'know, take things at the pace that's comfortable, and be as out as you find comfortable. We'll just almost certainly be here for you if you need it." The fox offers a friendly smile, before glancing back down at her shirt. the whole front's pretty thoroughly soaked from their combined efforts, but it seems that they've done a pretty good job of cleaning things up.

"Speaking of leaving though, uh - I feel like this might be pretty awkward to wear now." White cloth does tend to be pretty bad at coverage when wet, after all.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 13, 2022 3:50 pm A Casual Walk

There is a reply, but not from the bird this time. It's the canine speaking.
"If there's a single vice Leer Eye haven't given in to the moment it crossed his twisted mind I haven't heard of it, mate. Since just what do ya' think a 'horney' jerk' does?" A moment of silence follows. "And Leer Eye is e' worst of da' lot. Or at least the most active."

"DEATH! DEATH IS WHAT HE DESERVES!" The bird cries out above them.

"You are both being awful right now. We were here to find out more about Jimeus, not drag him into a stupid fight." The moose remarks in a more gentle tone.
A Casual Walk

"Still not my name." Jim mutters.
"I don't think I could take on some ancient fey. Especially if he's dangerous." Jaahlyn and he don't really have the kind of relationship where he charges in to save her from slights like he's some knight. He thinks she might find that sort of thing flattering, but it's not really the kind of thing he usually does.
Also he doesn't own a weapon (yet) and he's pretty sure he can't just do a hit on some fey.
"You still haven't told me what he did that was so bad. Or his actual name."