Riverside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Re: Riverside

Post by Reinholdt »

[Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted]

Barry chases the goblins, but not very far as they begin to leave in victory. He falls back to Carrie who has moved in to the generator the goblins have abandoned. The crocodile shifting back to a person, the bear growls at her. "I don't know! I think it can be fixed," She says, scurrying to the consoles and testing the various buttons. Before long she's on her knees, trying to jury rig the important wires back together while Barry covers her to make sure no goblin decides to claim her without getting swiped by a bear paw. "Terry would be better at this..."

The Pterodactyl in question has found someone more important to harass than the many gremlin goblins. With a screech, it swoops down at Svartha, attempting to claw her eyes in a dive by attack.

Ava desperate struggle at pull ups suddenly gets a lot easier when the suppression lights go down and while she's still not a particularly agile climber, she's making progress... until the roof begins to close. The prospect of her escape literally closing around causes her to panic. This time, though, it spurs her to hurry and she just narrowly by the thinnest of margins manages to slip through the hole onto the roof before it closes upon her and squeezes her, leaving the girl upon the roof panting terribly and looking around. This looked like... chaos more than an escape. Was she safer with the boars. Would the warden notice her? The warden was pretty preoccupied with a Steam Elemental and a Puppet Mage. Ava shivers. Timrek the Gorf always unnerved her at lunch, but the way he made those unconscious guards dance... she looks away.

[Xar'cha Estate]

On a pad of circles a blue beam of light spreads and coalesces until Ilpholin Xar'cha appears, ethereal at first and solid a few seconds later. Project Icarus had been conceived solely to address the possibility that she might be fighting some demons that may attempt to trap her in hell. Something she needed an answer for. Testing the system by pulling her body out of Nye and Fusago's fey dimension was hardly ideal, but still successful. The iterated version was much smoother.

The wet Phyrexian stumbles forward onto her knees. She coughs out some water and vomit before screaming wordlessly at the empty room and slamming her fist into the floor hard enough to crack it and cause the room below it to shake loose some ceiling dust.
► SHOW SPOILER

Tags:
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo's eyes go wide at this change of mood. "Ana, of course not." He assures. "You're stuck with me, promise." Though with that said, he snatches her drink out of her hand. He doesn't expect her to put up a fight in this state. "But you've definitely had too much. I'm cutting you off."
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Atsede continues to snicker and laugh as Ana demonstrates how obviously not fine she is while insisting otherwise, but those die away awkwardly the moment the foxes mood swings.

"Uh." She backs away, trying to open her next can of beer as quietly and subtly as one could manage. Was this her fault? She hadn't expected Ana to handle the drinks this badly, to be fair, but she has been encouraging it. She really had no idea what to do here. Letting Eliseo handle it seemed like the best idea, especially as this whole thing seemed directed mostly at him, but it felt bad to just say nothing. So quietly, she added, "Yeah, uh, we're not going anywhere, okay?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Promise? L-like, promise-promise promise?" Ana gives Eliseo those big ol' eyes a little more, swaying gently. "And- and you too, Atsede? I cou- I couldn' live without botha you y'know." She sniffles, but seems otherwise very happy and heartfelt at the both of them. "Like, y- y'both meanalot, and- and- hey!"

The mood is quickly broken when Eliseo snatches the drink from her hand - which is pretty easy, as Ana's already forgotten about it until the moment occurs. "'m fine, I- 'm..." reaching to grab the drink back and missing wildly, the kitsune turns from one expression to the other with a slow dawning of revelation. "...'m like, gonna get in so much trouble with moms tonight aren' I?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Xar'cha Estate]

Ilpholin pushes herself to her feet, water puddling beneath her as it rolls off. She steps over to the wall, a compartment opening up and pulls out the knife she retrieved from the demon she first encountered in Hellside, placing it inside before it closes up and disappears from view. "Start analyzing this right away. Tell absolutely no one except Mister Squiggles. Especially don't tell Tauron."

"Yes Mistress," The cold voice of HALlelujah echoes behind her as she leaves the room and starts heading upstairs. The secret exits would be slower, too slow. Best to get outside as quickly as possible and ride back to Hell Bend on the bike. She could still get there before any reinforcements from outside the city, perhaps. If she rode like an absolute maniac and tore up the streets.

Ilpholin gets to the top floor and walks through the gathering of Phyrexians without stopping to explain herself or where she was going to them, instead texting on her phone.
Slayer wrote:Status Report.
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Xar'cha Estate]

The information HALlelujah will be able to glean from the knife will depend on its analytical capabilities.

The knife is a physical paradox. There's no way of telling what it is, but a variety of tests can confirm what it is not. Despite appearances, it isn't made from metal and doesn't conduct electricity. It's also not made of any organic compounds, nor inorganic compounds. It's not even made of anything that might be technologically plausible but beyond current capabilities, like photonic lattices. Strictly speaking, it doesn't seem to be made of anything at all... and yet it still occupies space, has mass, displays acoustic properties, and of course, is still visible to the naked eye and can affect the world around it.

Simply put, Ilpholin just asked HALlelujah to analyze an impossible construct.

The knife seems to be imbued with some form of spell that deconstructs the soul of whatever it strikes. Intention matters; simply touching the knife blade doesn't produce this effect. Since a soul is always in flux, this process affects more recent alterations first and regresses to the moment of creation, peeling back layer after layer of formative experience; just before completely deconstructing, the soul's resting state is that of an infant. On inanimate objects, this effect seems to throw some sort of error function, simply liquifying the object, destroying any distinctive features in the process; this seems to be as close to leaving it "soulless" as the knife can manage.

The energy patterns within the knife are consistent with a divine creator; no mortal could replicate this exact spell with only this knife as a basis, as they lack the metaphysical capability.

Until-recently obscure diabolical texts identify this item as a Mulching Blade, an item given to the servants of Lethean Devils, the Mulchmen. Its purpose is to enable the Mulchmen to collect souls from fleeing demons, by liquifying them and bringing back their processed remains. The knife clearly has some utility value toward that end, as well.

The same text notes that the resulting product, Mulch, is a coveted substance among both demon and Devil kind, where it is used as a sort of recreational drug. The Devils only seem to be interested in the Mulch associated with suffering, while the demons only care for various forms of escapism. Due to the Spratt Effect, samples accessible to mortals relatively rare, short of going to the Lethean Abyss and harvesting it oneself.

As she exits the building, some of the gathered Phyrexians might notice a small change to Ilpholin, likely a product of her recent swim; her left cheek is marked with an arc-like symbol, traveling from the corner of her mouth to that of her eye, with a trio of runes etched just above it. It fades out of view by the time she reaches her bike; whatever it was, it must have been pretty ephemeral in nature.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo glances at Atsede after Ana's declaration, but he leaves his thoughts to lie for now. "Promise promise." Eliseo assures. "And don't you worry about your moms. Atsede and I have you covered. We'll have you home and in bed before they can suspect a thing."
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

The unflappable Changeling does for once wither ever so slightly out of awkwardness as she catches Eliseo's glance. Should she have said nothing!? Well- Ana seemed a little better now, but oh Gods. Ahem. Fortunately things seem to be moving on. "Yeah, c'mon you goober. Let's get you home."

It's quite late by the time that the trio find themselves before the Bellamy Apartment, Ana having basically been propped up between the other two for the whole journey over. Thankfully, not too many people out at this time of night in the neighborhood to give them weird looks. "So, right, uh, will your Moms still be up?" Atsede whispered, probably unnecessarily. She eyed her usual window entrance. No way was Ana climbing the fire escape like this. She could carry her, but she'd rather just help her up the stairs if she could. Landing in that narrow space with a whole 'nother girl in her arms could well be tricky.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Mmmmm, prolly?" Ana staggers as they come to a stop, leaning heavily into Atsede's side. The walk here has been a swift realization for everyone involved in just how heavily a few light drinks have managed to impact her. The kitsune can't even manage to walk in a straight line at this point without either of the other's help. "I- itsh not- it's not even that late, I mean- um, Kitty should be up, a-at least."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Yeah we better try the fire escape. She can make up and excuse for how she slipped in unnoticed tomorrow. Just say it was later or something." Eliseo starts to theorize. He doesn't think Ana is really coherent enough to retain that particularly well, though.

"We could try to get the ladder down, but-" He looks at Ana. Yeah no dice. "If you could lift her up we could probably maneuver in through the window. You left it unlocked, right, Ana?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Damn, so no walking through the front door. Ah well. Window it is. "Yeah, yeah. It was late, you didn't wanna wake anyone, sorry for worrying them- trust me, they'll buy it." Atsede has had practice with this sorta thing.

"I got this, yeah, no worries. I can get her up there." The changeling had some skepticism actually, but she tried to keep that from showing. She had carried many a girl in her arms by now, sure, and lifted them into the air, but not while trying to land on such a small area. "You wanna head up first, Eli?" That would definitely be needed if the window was unlocked. Maybe less so if it wasn't, but it still might be more useful to have him already up there to help pull Ana through.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Yeah, uh- yeah." Ana answers with an exaggerated little nod. Of course she left the window unlocked - she always left the window unlocked. How else was Eliseo supposed to visit?

It's only after Atsede asks Eliseo if he wants to go first that Ana starts to understand the duo's plan. "W-wait, you- y-y-you're going to carry me?" A couple mental images from earlier in the night spring back to mind, her cheeks burning at the prospect.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Unless you think you can climb a ladder. I say we stick with this plan. I'm sure Atsede will get you up there safely." Eliseo gives Ana a wink. Then he squares himself with the wall. "Okay, headed up. I'll scope it out."

The boy then takes a run toward the side of the building. With a couple steps he pushes himself up the brick wall, just getting enough height to grip the bottom of the fire escape. He swings himself towards the edge and hauls himself up. Once he's up over the edge he turns back to the girls and gives them a thumbs up.
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Xar'cha Estate]
We converged on Havanaught Hotel. Demons put up barrier. Haabeth is inside, trying to find source.
There hadn't been a huge time loss then. Ilpholin steps out the front door and pulls out the cube. Tossing it to the ground it unfolds and grows into her hovercycle. She hops on, hair connecting to the interface as a large round jet appears in the back ready to turbo charge her ride back to the warfront. It hums to life and growls with power as it gets louder and louder and...

Fades, the energy dissipating harmlessly as it the motorcycle's rumble becomes a standing, steady purr. Its rider stares up at the sky for a few seconds, leaning away from the dash. Seconds drag to a minute, then two. Finally, Ilpholin sits up again and responds to the text she just received.
Slayer wrote:We're pulling out. If possible, send a runner to relay this message to one of the angels - the glowing balls of light in the sky.
The hovercycle powers up again and Ilpholin drives off towards Hell Bend without further hesitation. If there's trouble on the elves' way out she can perhaps provide some last minute cover. Ensuring they escape safe now is the current priority.
► SHOW SPOILER
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Eastside - Park]

The catgirl moves on to looking at some news stories through her phone's browser.

"Huh, that's interesting:" A group of 7 elves have been captured doing weird rituals, saying they were headed to meet their king.
A murdered man was found floating down the river, and police are asking around if anyone can ID them. "Oh."
A note that some salesman has been reported to be trying to sell bruised apples and pears from a handwagon covered in blood. Who this salesman is, nobody knows, but he is suspected to be dangerous.
The catgirl looks up.
And squints, looking across the park. Oh...there's actually someone over there with a cart full of apples and pears. "..."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Yuuuup." Atsede confirms to Ana with a grin. She watches Eliseo climb the fire escape, giving him a thumbs up in return. Damn, he was pretty practiced at this.

"Y'know, Strawberry, when we joked about sweeping you off your feet, I didn't expect for it to happen so soon." The changeling's grin widened. "Alright, here we go, hold on tight- oof!" Atsede reached to scoop up Anastasia in something resembling a bridal carry, not quite ready for how much trickier this kind of thing was when the other person was drunk and thus not holding themselves upright. "Ready?" Once Ana affirmed, or at least Atsede felt like they had enough of a stable hold on each other, she took off. It was a struggle. It wasn't just the added weight, but the girl in her arms was throwing her off balance. She swayed wildly in the air, very nearly hitting the wall for a moment, before finally stabilizing long enough to haul them both up to the top of the ladder. "Uh, woah, shit shir- okay, hang on a biiiiit-" She landed with a stumble and a heavy thunk, wincing at the loud noise, before immediately wincing again as she promptly hit her head on the stairs above. "Ow, shit!" She hissed.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Ana pauses for a moment to watch as well, her eyes sparkling. "'He's so dreamy," she sighs... and seems far too caught up in doing so to remember what the other girl has planned next. "I- wait- ohmigosh-!" Ana's face goes bright red, and she only thinks to grab onto the other girl once reminded. Soon enough she nods, snuggling into her. "Mm... smells nice...."

The comfy mood breaks pretty quickly once the two of them start careening through the air, though. The fox startles out of her drunken fugue and squeezes onto Atsede, nails digging into her clothes. "Omigosh - ohmigosh, Atsede! Yer gonna - yer gonna kill us!" She's still breathing panicked breaths by the time they land, pressing tight against the angelic changeling.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Eliseo watches them start to take off and gives them another thumbs up., Now that that's going perfectly fine with no issue, he turns to take a peek in the window. And there he sees Annie glaring suspiciously at the window. He backs up quickly and turns back to the others. "Abort, abort. The Anniechr-" He turns to find them already upon them and he has to stumble out of the way of Atsede's landing.

The window slides open and a shrill voice greets them. "What are you doing?" Annie voices her disapproval.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Wha-" Ana swivels around just in time for Annie to announce herself, causing the older girl to startle. She practically jumps out of Atsede's hands - and in the space of a blink a two-tailed fox lands on her feet, turns and makes an unsteady beeline to hide behind Eliseo.

"I- theeeeeeey were just- ummm, dropping me off," Anastasia claims, slipping back out of fox form and leaning out from her boyfriend. "And what -what're you, uh, even doing? Shouldn't you be - shouldn't you be like, asleeeeeep by now?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Oh wow. Strawberry really had had too much huh. Atsede's angelic blessing did mean she always carried a flowery scent with her, but, best to just ignore that. Unpack it later. And ow. Since when did she have nails like that!?

Oh shit. Before Atsede knew what was happening Ana had leapt out of her arms and a rather suspicious child was glaring at them.

Hands now free, Atsede clutches her forehead, turning to meet Annie, and- wait. She had forgotten Ana could do that, that would have made carrying her so much easier!
"Couldn't you have done that earlier?"

Now for the Annie problem. "Ow- yeah, what she said. Look, we're gonna leave right after, so, y'know, don't worry 'bout it." Atsede steps in, still nursing her forehead, hoping that Annie was young enough that she couldn't tell Ana had been drinking from her voice. They really didn't need this right now.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Annie ignores Ana's question about why she's up. That's clearly the least important detail here. "Dropping you off from doing what?" The young girl's nose wrinkles. "You smell like alcohol." She accuses.

"I think you just have an overactive imagination. Ho-" Eliseo tries to fit in, but Annie interrupts him.

"I'm not stupid." She gives her tone some extra venom. "I bet you'd be in lots of trouble of mommy or Obi caught you."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Okay okay, it's fine, everything's fine. All they need to do is keep Annie from learning that - "Wait - y'- y'know what alcohol smells like?" Ana blinks, trying to figure out how she could've picked up on that information. Then things start to escalate. "H-hey, guys, can - can we not?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

It was Atsede's first instinct to lie to Annie, but already there was a hurdle. The kid knew a lot more than she had expected. She was at a bit of a loss here. She had a lot of practice lying to adults, but not to small children. Regardless, it seemed time for a drastic change in strategy.

Atsede interjects, casually stretching her wings out behind her one at a time as she does, trying to shake off the strain of carrying a full sized Ana. "So what if we have?" Atsede asks briskly, not outright confirming it but hardly coming close to denying it either. Even if you were basically admitting to something, best not say it directly. "Since when was it cool to snitch?" Atsede had not grown up with a sibling, and thus had not experienced the common sibling activities of trying to get the other in trouble. As far as she was concerned, everyone should be helping each other to lie to their parents all the time!
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"Uh." Annie is struck by this. She's caught like a deer in the headlights, her face rapidly getting red. "Well, I, um-" She stammers. "I'm not a snitch." She settles on, managing to firm up her composure, though she's still quite red.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Ana looks from Atsede to Annie as the former casually struts forward, a growing sense of realization on her face. Oh yeah, that’s right - Annie’s totally got a crush on her! She giggles from behind Eliseo, then grins. ”Y-yeah, and - besides, like- I mean, ‘ve I ever snitched on you?”
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

... Huh. That seemed to have worked? Atsede blinked, a little confused at Annie's reaction and seeming sudden change in tune. Weird. Well, whatever. "Well... good. So we won't have any problems then, will we?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

"No." Annie mutters, then she disappears back inside the room.

"Well looks like we're in the clear." Eliseo grins. "Good work, team. Now let's see if we can get her through the window." The boy slips inside first with practiced ease.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Youthful Indiscretions]

Ana looks from Atsede and Annie with a wide smirk as if she possesses some secret insight as the situation resolves, her own eyes lingering on the angel before Eliseo takes charge. "Yeah, y'handled- y'handled well." she tries to cover, then moves to follow through the window - or tries to, at least. She gets one leg through, grabs the sill to lift her other foot, then loses her balance falls back with a "Whoa!" and grabs blindly for Atsede for support.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

quillpleasant wrote: Jun 23, 2023 9:41 pm Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Nathair, who had curled up with his arms around his head to protect against the swine's attacks, slowly looks up as the great beasts leave him be. He's clearly taken quite a beating. The boar's tusks have ripped him open here and there, revealing the glinting golden wires and metallic bones beneath. A normal human might be dead or unconscious from shock, but Nathair can't bleed or feel pain, so the damage, while extensive, is nothing he can't handle.

As the goblin grabs his leg and begins dragging him towards the rope, Nathair scans the room, his eyes alighting on the prisoners desperately struggling against the Warden. Oh, but that means...

He snaps his fingers experimentally. Yes, the suppression field is down. Now it's a fair fight.

Kicking away from the goblin, Nathair lurches to his feet, sparks spitting out from his wounds. He lifts his golden hand up towards the gap in the ceiling, the air rippling as he performs an arcane gesture.

"Let's try this again," he mutters, as his telekinetic power surges out. With a horrible grinding noise, the ceiling gap through which the rope has descended begins to close. Metal and stone are bent, flattened and elongated as the sides of the hole draw inwards, beginning to cut off this particular escape route.
Earl of Purple wrote: Jun 25, 2023 4:50 pm Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted

Matilda grins as she feels her fury return, fur and feathers erupting across her body as she expands. Her prison uniform doesn't last very well as she rapidly gains a great deal of mass, most of it dense bone and powerful muscle. She's nearly five hundred and fifty kilos, with large claws on her forelimbs, massive yellow eyes glaring hatred and anger at everything nearby, and a great hooked beak. She roars and rears onto her hind legs, seeing the hole in the ceiling... and that it's shrinking. She couldn't fit through it anyway, but that doesn't matter- somebody is trying to prevent her escape. She turns, spots Nathair, and with another hooting roar, she charges towards him to barrel him into a wall and then rake his body with her talons.
Reinholdt wrote: Jun 26, 2023 10:08 am [Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted]

Barry chases the goblins, but not very far as they begin to leave in victory. He falls back to Carrie who has moved in to the generator the goblins have abandoned. The crocodile shifting back to a person, the bear growls at her. "I don't know! I think it can be fixed," She says, scurrying to the consoles and testing the various buttons. Before long she's on her knees, trying to jury rig the important wires back together while Barry covers her to make sure no goblin decides to claim her without getting swiped by a bear paw. "Terry would be better at this..."

The Pterodactyl in question has found someone more important to harass than the many gremlin goblins. With a screech, it swoops down at Svartha, attempting to claw her eyes in a dive by attack.

Ava desperate struggle at pull ups suddenly gets a lot easier when the suppression lights go down and while she's still not a particularly agile climber, she's making progress... until the roof begins to close. The prospect of her escape literally closing around causes her to panic. This time, though, it spurs her to hurry and she just narrowly by the thinnest of margins manages to slip through the hole onto the roof before it closes upon her and squeezes her, leaving the girl upon the roof panting terribly and looking around. This looked like... chaos more than an escape. Was she safer with the boars. Would the warden notice her? The warden was pretty preoccupied with a Steam Elemental and a Puppet Mage. Ava shivers. Timrek the Gorf always unnerved her at lunch, but the way he made those unconscious guards dance... she looks away.
[Eastside Prison Institute for the Criminally Gifted]

It isn't clear if Svartha can actually see Nathir but even so she's staring in his direction right now. And if gazes could kill then surely he'd fall down dead right now.

But Svartha had no time for such fantasies, especially as her gaze itself was under attack.
Covering her eyes with one arm, suffering several gashes in the process, she offers her claw to Ava and if she grabs it she's going to pull her up as she attempts to smack the Pterodactyl with her tail to get it off her. Like most of her it's radiating heat so if it makes contact the shapeshifter might also end up with a nasty burn.

Down below the boars don't need an order to get back to goring Nathir as they all abruptly stop to turn in his direction.
The goblin dragging him along panics as it sees the escape way close in before them. Not realizing it was the supposedly dead man they were dragging causing it.
It gets worse when the boars all turn to stare... at them?
There's only one solution, the goblin drops Nathir and flees into the chaos surrounding them as the boars charge.

The rest of the goblins are making their escape out of whatever exit they can find. Stealing whatever they think they can get away with carrying.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[The Riverside Riverslides]

It's a waterpark!

You know the kind, right? The kind with great big plastic slides screaming children can go zooming through. Slides that meander their way up great scaffolds and tower imperiously above the pools far below. The kind with deep pools and shallow pools and big plastic mushrooms spraying water everywhere. The kind with sloshing wave pools and pools with peddle-powered bumper boats with built in water guns! The kind with imitation rapids you can ride down on a big rubber donuts! The kind of parks with fountains spraying jets of water into the sky while giggling kids dash around trying to catch the balls of water lofted heavenward! The kind with arcades and slurpies and DippinDots ice cream and churros and hot-dgos!

Exactly the sort of place that makes for some great summer fun when the weather gets hot and you don't feel like risking encounters with weird river-monsters by swimming Outside.

...so.

Khannie decided it would be cool to check this place out. She hasn't been to Riverside before but it is summer vacation and she really REALLY wanted to have some fun with zero adventures ambushing her. And allegedly Riverside is a pretty good place for that. There's a pretty decent variety of people here but thus far nothing has blown up, no super villains have popped up, and no giant monsters have stepped on anything.

Mission accomplished?

This will actually be kinda like a confidence building trip for Khannie. She has a buncha trouble maintaining her human teen girl illusion when she's soaking wet, which means no disguise if she wants to have fun here instead of loafing around in the sun. Which, while that DOES sound like it could be nice that's kinda defeating the whole point of a water park.

Have you ever seen a ghostly zoroark wearing a one-piece girl's swimsuit? You would probably think that's pointless thanks to the fur and you would be right but Khannie sees clothing as a way to signal to everyone around her that she's a person and not a beast. Since her hair isn't done up in a pony-tail at the moment it's instead cascading all around her in a big semi-wispy mess. She's got a bag slung over one shoulder stuff fulla towels because drying off with just one towel WILL NOT cut it.

Now the question stands. Who else is attending Riverside Riverslides today? Is Khannie rolling solo? Have some of her friends accompanied her? Is her dad going to embarrass her in public? Will she meet strange new acquaintances? Stay tuned to find out!