GLoG

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Post Reply
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

GLoG

Post by Gullara »

Image

The Good League of Good is a Nexus organization devoted to the care and support of those in need, a sanctuary for those that need it, and the redemption of evildoers. The organization strives to make the campsite a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

If you are brand new to FFRP, please come to the Nexus OoC thread and introduce yourself. We all want to meet you! :smallsmile:

GLoG's Programs

Charitable Activities
GLoG's primary purpose as an organization is to perform good works such as caring for distressed individuals in need, housing and feeding evacuees from the cities during disasters, and healing sick and injured people in GLoG's infirmary–renowned as the most advanced place of healing in the Nexus. All full members are expected to take part in some portion of these activities.

Child Care
Branching out from Sapling cabin, a child care and babysitting facility is run at GLoG. First and foremost, priority and free care is provided to children in need, whether they be from from downtrodden families or visitors from orphanages in the cities. No less fortunate child will be turned away. Beyond that there is room for other children, at a typical daycare cost of which all profits go right back into GLoG's programs. The facility is run by a combination of volunteers and employees.

Our Redemption Program
No soul is too far gone to do some good in the world, and this program is for those that want to make up for their past misdeeds and do just that. It's a voluntary program initiated by the redeemee themself. Individuals who come in search of redemption should be interviewed by a senior member to see how their needs can be best met, and then assigned to a mentor who will assist them. Graduation from the redemption program will occur when both the redeemee and his/her mentor agree that they have made sufficient progress.
► Attention Villains



If you're a newbie, and you've read this far, you should know enough to join in the fun.
Everything beyond this point is Bonus Material.

After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased the Phoenix Lake Campground. Entering the campground by the main road leads to a small plaza ringed by the lodge, infirmary, and nursery, along with a parking area and stable. Past that, the camp gives way to nature a bit more with scattered cabins in a rough crescent around the lake. At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddle boats are stored. The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. :smallbiggrin: There is a sandy volleyball court not far from the slide, a large playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

It's all set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, sea coves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the city of Inside, though there is also a Riftline station just outside the campground for those who prefer to take the train or who have further to go.

All members are encouraged to take initiative in acting out the org's stated goals, and to help anyone who needs it. However, when looking for a higher authority to consult with, Reelshka Morty acts as the head administrator.
► Buildings
► NPCs
This thread is managed by Gullara. Please contact me for updates to the OP.
Image
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Fireworks!]

Deathkeeper wrote:Fireworks

"Im nah a goof Im a hackowm" Sirius sniffs as he carefully arranges the fully cooked sausage onto the bun before pulling the stick away and finally freeing his jaws.
"I'm not sure why you can't remember that." Khannie calls him lots of things but none of those things are what he actually is! It's very vexing.
Ironsmith wrote:[Fireworks]

Khannie gets a stick!
It's not even hard to grab.
The staff comes to her.

Though when Khannie picks it up, it should be immediately obvious that the relic she has isn't just a fancy piece of wood. It's definitely magical, but just how might be a matter of some scrutiny.

It will not harm her.
It's not that sort of relic.
And Khannie's too sweet.

Magical, but not dangerous. Maybe... alive, somehow? There's definitely a will tied to it, something that desperately wants to talk to her but can't quite manage it.

Or... is it talking to her? Reality seems to bend slightly around it, in a way not unlike what might occur in a witch's labyrinth. If Khannie listens, maybe she can hear it.
Rebonack wrote:[Fireworks!]

"Someone can be a goof and a hackmon at the same time. Like I'm a human and a girl and student. I can be all of those things at once," Khannie points out as she scoots the stick toward the shore with her foot. Once it's within grabbing range she'll pick it up with her free hand.

Then?

She frowns a bit when she pulls the stick out of the water.

It feels magic-y.

Not quite the sort of magic-y that the things her dad makes are but STILL magicy.

"Well Reelshka isn't gunna like this either, I think someone might have dumped a magic staff in the lake," Khannie confides in her friends, giving a few firm shakes to get the water off and/or see if it spits sparks or something. It can be hard to figure out what a magical item does or how it works. But with enough ranks in Spellcraft anything is possible, right? She heads back over to the tables and sits down with the staff atop it, allowing any of the other kids (and digimon) to look at it if they feel so inclined.

Meanwhile!

The flying firefly lands next to the firefly in the bush and the latter immediately pounces on and begins eating the former. Apparently it was one of those fireflies that mimics the flashes of different firefly species to lure in meals.

Nature is scary!
Earl of Purple;25536844 wrote:Fireworks

"Khannie's also a friend, she shouldn't forget that bit." Quite an important label to go with 'human', 'girl' and 'student', Cheasadh thinks- though not as nice as 'sister', but Khannie might not be one of those yet. Depends on her relationship with Veronica's siblings.

She's also going to investigate the stick that Khannie's fished out, bending down to give it a sniff. She can't smell magic, but she might be able to tell where it was before it was in the lake- so long as it hasn't been submerged for too long, anyway, and the smell might provide other clues.


Tuskfang gasps and pulls away from the bush. He runs back towards the older kids and Sirius.

"One firefly ate another firefly!" he cries out in distress. "Fireflies aren't supposed to do that!"

Brinika looks back between Tuskfang and the others as she eats a hot dog. It's really impressive how much she can eat with one bite. It must be a goblin thing.

"Bugs eat other bugs all the time, Tuskfang. That's just nature. And you've learned something new today."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

Gullara wrote:[Daycare]

Sakura giggles lightly as she finished up her task. The smell is slightly better with the used diaper all sealed up. Or will be in five minutes. "I think you're being a bit dramatic." She tosses the diaper in a nearby bin and then scoops Riklit up into her arms. "I don't recommend cloth diapers for you."
[Daycare]

Braon scowls at the dryad annoyedly. "No shit." She snarks, still keeping a fair distance from the little goblin stinkbomb. "That kind is annoying enough. And I'm going to go through them like... ugh, can't even think of a good metaphor, smell's that bad." She looks over at Riklit himself and her expression softens slightly. "...Don't give me that look. You know what you did." She grouses, wiggling a finger in front of the infant goblin teasingly.

Meanwhile, in her head, she's also doing her best to commit what she just saw to memory. Left strap, right strap, remove, replace, left strap, right strap. Changing a diaper couldn't be much simpler, but if she hadn't watched Sakura do it, she could have easily stumbled over the task for over an hour. Which wouldn't have been pleasant for anyone. Now she wants see what other secrets she can glean from the dryad without her catching wise...
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Daycare]

"Language." Sakura says in a scolding tone. "Young children have brains like sponges. They'll take in anything you give them. You should be more careful."

Riklit just giggles in response to the attention.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Daycare]

"...You don't say." Braon straightens and gives Sakura a distinct don't you dare tell me what to do look. "And what do you give them, hm? Am I going to have to worry about my kids coming home airheaded someday?" She fingers the tooth on her necklace, hiding a surge of worry behind an annoyed expression. "...Do you use any magic here?" She asks suddenly. "Any at all? Seems sort of important."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3875
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: GLoG

Post by Rebonack »

[Fireworks!]

Sniffing at a possibly magical staff sure is a thing to do.

That action gets an arched eyebrow out of Khannie.

"Can you smell spells or something?" the girl asks. Which seems like a pretty reasonable question to her. Thanks to Khannie's enchantment experience she has a bit of a feel for magical objects. Spellcraft is just sort of a thing you start figuring out when you're doing that sort of work. But being able to actually smell magic would be a pretty cool trick.

Would evocations smell spicy?

Khannie is willing to bet they would smell spicy.

She pipes up at poor Tuskfang's unwelcome discovery.

"Beetles just eat beetles sometimes. I think fireflies are a sort of beetle?" Khannie reasons. She's caught a few of the glowy little critters before. They sure LOOK like beetles to her.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Fireworks!]

Cheasadh is going to learn that the staff has, in fact, been underwater a long time. It just smells like the bottom of the lake, with all the muck and aquatic flora that naturally accumulates down there.

But she tried so hard!
So maybe she should learn more.
That would just be fair.

After a moment, she'll pick up a second scent. Like Khannie, but... not Khannie. Someone similar. Adolescent human. Female. Sort of bookish, too; there are undertones of old paper, which the staff itself doesn't quite explain. It seems likely the staff's old owner took it with her everywhere, for her scent to end up that engrained in the wood.

But whoever she is, Cheasadh likely wouldn't recognize her now. This thing's been separated from its owner for a long time; she might be an adult, an old woman, or dust by now. She certainly won't smell like she did when this thing first ended up in the lake.

But that is okay.
The gnome girl was sweet to try.
The thought is what counts.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3656
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: GLoG

Post by Keeper »

Fireworks!

Sirius begins very carefully eating his hot-dog. He has to be careful because his paws make it difficult to hold things.
"So how do you know it's magic? What's a magic, exactly?"
He's kind of made of computer code so magic is 'that stuff Khannie can do' which he's never really gotten a grasp on besides the fact that sometimes people can just do cool things.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

Ironsmith wrote: Aug 02, 2022 9:37 am [Daycare]

"...You don't say." Braon straightens and gives Sakura a distinct don't you dare tell me what to do look. "And what do you give them, hm? Am I going to have to worry about my kids coming home airheaded someday?" She fingers the tooth on her necklace, hiding a surge of worry behind an annoyed expression. "...Do you use any magic here?" She asks suddenly. "Any at all? Seems sort of important."
[Daycare]

Sakura raises her eyebrows, clearly unimpressed. "When the kids are old enough we make sure they're being social with the other kids and the activities and games we have for them are constructive and cooperative." The dryad furrows her brow at the last question. "Nothing in particular. Why?"
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Daycare]

"...No reason. Just a nasty thought." Braon tucks the tooth-necklace out of sight, not wanting to risk Sakura putting that particular two and two together. "So what you're telling me is that you're going to be making sure my babies make lots of friends? Am I understanding that right?"

She hopes she is. That's something she didn't get much of at their age. If she wanted them to have a better life than she did, that would be step one.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Posts: 2154
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Earl of Purple »

Fireworks

"No. I mean, maybe, but I don't know what I'd be smelling for. I can tell you it's been in the lake for years, and... someone carried it close for a long time, because I can still smell them on it. Someone who smelt like you, Khannie. But not you, y'know? Like how Aunt Reelshka smells like Mum, but isn't Mum." Both Reelshka and Tralka being female goblins of similar age. "Carried it around for years, probably, for their smell to still hang around like this. I don't think I'd be able to recognise them by nose if I met them, though. It's been in the lake too long, people's scents are changing all the time." Cheasadh also isn't quite sensitive enough in the nose to tell two people of the same type apart after a single meeting. She could possibly follow Brinika through a crowd without seeing her, but only because she's known Brinika for so long and it would help if the crowd wasn't made up of young teenage goblins.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Fireworks]

Tuskfang sits down by the fire with a pout. The kind of pout only an upset eight year old can produce.

"I wanted to see fireflies. I didn't wanna see them eat each other."

Brinika focuses on consuming her hotdog for now. Magic is a subject she tends to leave alone.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Daycare]

Sakura frowns a bit. She's had enough of 'nasty' out of this woman one way or another.

"There's lots of other kids around because lots of people need our help, so there's plenty of chances to meet other kids. And we do lots of group activities. So yes, there's lots of chances to make friends." She explains.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Daycare]

"...Hm."

For once, Braon doesn't have a sarcastic or hostile response to Sakura's words. Her gaze slips off to one side as she wonders at the opportunities that would open for her children. Even if she doubts Sakura, or GLoG in general, having more than Braon herself to rely on can only be good for them, right?

"...I...I might need to sit down." The fiendling leans against the wall, her breathing suddenly turning quite ragged. Her free hand runs up against the underside of her belly, gently massaging what appears to be an item of some discomfort. "...Y... Yeah, definitely going to need to sit down." She gasps, squeezing her eyes, and subsequently her mouth, shut as she contorts in pain.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Daycare]

Sakura's eyes go wide and she steps closer. "Braon? Are you okay?" She looks the woman up and down quickly. She has one guess. "What's the pain like? Do you know what contractions are supposed to feel like?" Maybe there's other signs. Broken water?
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Daycare]

"Do I feckin look like I'm okay?!" Braon demands, holding her belly as the sensation apparently intensifies. Fortunately for Sakura, the potential for Braon to give her any more lip is severely diminished by the fact that she has to bite hers to keep from screaming. Less fortunately, her needle-like teeth are clearly not intended for that, so on top of everything else, she's now also bleeding from the lip.

In the moments that follow, Braon goes from leaning against the wall to collapsing onto the floor, one hand over her mouth, the other balled into a fist at her side, eyes squeezed shut and a pair of fresh tear tracks running down her cheeks.

Mercifully, the incident ends as abruptly as it began, leaving the fiendling panting on the ground, finally daring to remove her hand and drop it onto the carpet next to her.

"...That... that was awful..." She moans, eyes still shut. "It... it felt like something was trying to eat its way outside of me." She tilts her head toward Sakura, letting herself open one eye just enough to confirm if she's still there. "That's not a figure of speech. I swear I felt teeth, dozens of them... is that... is it supposed to be like that?"

She's not sure which answer would be worse.

Sakura might also note that, no, her water hasn't broken, her dress is still dry. And they're still six weeks away from Braon's due date, if she's in the habit of tracking those.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Daycare]

The mortified look on Sakura's face is enough of an answer. She has no clue what that means, but it can't be good. "We should get you to a doctor." The dryad turns to the door and shouts. "Cern!"

The boy comes running into the room, the concerned look on his face reflecting his mom's tone. "Tell the other two to get in here to get their brother. Then go and get Reelshka and tell her to come quickly. It's an emergency." Cern nods and runs off immediately. The other goblin children with come and take away their baby brother and Sakura can devote her full attention to Braon.

"Okay, just take it easy and don't move. Help will be here soon." She tries to say as reassuringly as possible.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Daycare]

It doesn't take long for Reelshka to come, once Cern brings her the news. Nor does it take her long to realize where the problem is.

"Alright, I'm here." The goblin sounds a little out of breath. "What's wrong with Braon?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Daycare]

Even as badly as she's doing just this moment, Braon still manages to shoot Sakura a little glare. She can't tell her what to do! She'll get up if she damn well feels like it!

...

She really doesn't feel like it.

While they're waiting for Reelshka to arrive, about all Braon can do is lay on the ground and rest. It... could be a bit before she's ready to get up again. And getting up from this position would be an endeavor anyway, thanks to her massively engorged belly.

When Reelshka does arrive, she's not going to have much tolerance for what sounds to her like a stupid question. "Well, you see, I was just in the area and thought the floor here looked like a lovely place to take a nap." She groans, giving the goblin an annoyed glare.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Daycare]

"She needs to go to the infirmary right away. She had some kinda pain episode and someone should check up on her and her babies right away." Sakura is practically tripping over herself to get the words out. She's only just managing to keep her own panic under control.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Daycare]

Reelshka decides to ignore Braon's remarks for now. She's not a pleasant person at the best of times and right now she's obviously in a lot of discomfort.

"Alright. I'll call for a stretcher and some people to carry her there safely. Neither of us is sized for it." Sakura isn't a goblin but she's also not much taller than Reelshka. A stretcher is quickly delivered and afterwards Braon is safely transported to the infirmary by Pathfinder (Reelshka's husband) and Domhnall.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Daycare -> Infirmary]

Huh. So that's where GLoG's been hiding the good-looking guys.

Braon, of course, has many things to say as they're carrying her to the infirmary... but nothing of substance, really. Mostly just complaining and moaning and groaning and bellyaching and flirting(?) and bitching and whining and snarking and-

Oh good, they're here.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Infirmary]

Once Braon has been safely deposited in the infirmary, she is placed under the care of a young apefolk woman, who studied under Tobias in the med lab and now volunteers in the infirmary. Her name is Jazzari and she's got a cheerful disposition that matches her slight frame and dexterous fingers.

"Let's recap, then. She began experiencing pain, but her water didn't break and we're still weeks away from her due date," she says as she runs an ultrasound on Braon's belly.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Infirmary]

Sakura nods from where she's standing by. She bites her lips and can't seem to stand totally still. "That's right. Um, Braon you... described the pain?" Sakura is still disturbed by that description, frankly.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Infirmary]

"Like something was trying to claw its way out of me." Braon replies bluntly. "Very much like something was trying to claw its way out of me."

Jazzari's ultrasound, however, should quickly reassure her that Braon's description of what's happening in there is, in all likelihood, inaccurate. Though at the same time, as Braon hadn't yet been in for an ultrasound, she might still be surprised at what she does find in there.

Namely, four more babies than anticipated. Braon is pregnant with quintuplets.

A more thorough look will show that, rare though this event is, it seems to be a culmination of other, likewise rare events. Two of the developing infants are wrapped up in the same amniotic sack, and between that and being the same sex (both are girls), it seems a fair bet that they're monozygotic, identical twins. There are three others in the womb with them, all boys, one of which is noticeably larger than the others. Jazzari will also note that the abnormally large boy has a likewise-abnormal growth on his head, something she may recognize if she's had to deliver any tieflings, which indicates he will be growing a set of horns after birth.

What she won't see is any signs of claws or teeth. They all appear to be human in that regard, in that those features won't begin developing in earnest until after birth. There's also no sign of uterine damage, so even if the babies somehow miraculously grew teeth and claws and subsequently lost them, they couldn't possibly have actually attacked their mother.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2916
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Infirmary]

"Hmm. I see that you're expecting five healthy babies," Jazzari announces. "One is larger than the others and it appears he will grow horns once he's born, like you. But I'm not seeing any signs of damage, nor anything that could have caused it."

"Five? Oh my." Reelshka's reaction is fairly mild, but then she blinks. "...right, that's quite a lot for topsiders, isn't it?"
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1570
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Infirmary]

Even Sakura looks shocked at this. To be fair she's only had as many as two at a time despite having eleven total. Still though, she sighs with relief. She feared the worst after what Braon had described. "Well that's good, right?" She looks at Braon to gauge how she's taking all this.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

Morty wrote: Aug 11, 2022 4:34 pm [Infirmary]

"Hmm. I see that you're expecting five healthy babies," Jazzari announces. "One is larger than the others and it appears he will grow horns once he's born, like you. But I'm not seeing any signs of damage, nor anything that could have caused it."

"Five? Oh my." Reelshka's reaction is fairly mild, but then she blinks. "...right, that's quite a lot for topsiders, isn't it?"
Gullara wrote: Aug 12, 2022 3:43 am [Infirmary]

Even Sakura looks shocked at this. To be fair she's only had as many as two at a time despite having eleven total. Still though, she sighs with relief. She feared the worst after what Braon had described. "Well that's good, right?" She looks at Braon to gauge how she's taking all this.
[Infirmary]

"...of course he will." Braon grumbles to herself, crossing her arms and looking away from all three of them. She herself doesn't seem especially surprised... more quietly disturbed by the revelation. She fingers her tooth necklace again as she considers the implications of what's been said, before finally turning her attention back the the ultrasound image. "...At least they're healthy." She mumbles, fumbling around for some sort of silver lining in the news.

"Welp." She sits up, throwing one of her legs over the side of the Infirmary bed in preparation to get up. "It looks like I was wrong. Big whoop. You two happy now?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3875
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: GLoG

Post by Rebonack »

[Fireworks]

Wow that's an odd thing to hear.

It was owned by someone who smelled like you.

With a staff set down on the picnicking table, Khannie prods at it with one finger. "So you mean... what? Like it was owned by another human? Or another sorceress?"

It is definitely notable that Khannie doesn't smell like a kangaskhan anymore. She hasn't since she made her wish. She smells more like Jace. That is, if Jace were a teen-age girl. Which really shouldn't come as much a of a shock considering her genesis.

"It's probably a bad idea to mess with it. I can take it home to my dad; he can probably figure out what it does."

Safer than waving it around and trying to get it to do things at the campsite.

Tuskfang is offered an encouraging smile. "Hey, more are coming out now and they aren't ALL going to eat each other. And besides, it's about dark enough for us to start setting off the fireworks."

She begins digging through the box of explosives she bought. "Some of these are really loud ones, but most of them just shoot sparks everywhere. I've got some smoke bombs and some ground flowers and some fountains. I didn't get any little rockets since who knows where they might land. We don't want to burn down the woods."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3165
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 4:00 pm Fireworks!

Sirius begins very carefully eating his hot-dog. He has to be careful because his paws make it difficult to hold things.
"So how do you know it's magic? What's a magic, exactly?"
He's kind of made of computer code so magic is 'that stuff Khannie can do' which he's never really gotten a grasp on besides the fact that sometimes people can just do cool things.
Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm Fireworks

"No. I mean, maybe, but I don't know what I'd be smelling for. I can tell you it's been in the lake for years, and... someone carried it close for a long time, because I can still smell them on it. Someone who smelt like you, Khannie. But not you, y'know? Like how Aunt Reelshka smells like Mum, but isn't Mum." Both Reelshka and Tralka being female goblins of similar age. "Carried it around for years, probably, for their smell to still hang around like this. I don't think I'd be able to recognise them by nose if I met them, though. It's been in the lake too long, people's scents are changing all the time." Cheasadh also isn't quite sensitive enough in the nose to tell two people of the same type apart after a single meeting. She could possibly follow Brinika through a crowd without seeing her, but only because she's known Brinika for so long and it would help if the crowd wasn't made up of young teenage goblins.
Morty wrote: Aug 04, 2022 9:29 pm [Fireworks]

Tuskfang sits down by the fire with a pout. The kind of pout only an upset eight year old can produce.

"I wanted to see fireflies. I didn't wanna see them eat each other."

Brinika focuses on consuming her hotdog for now. Magic is a subject she tends to leave alone.
Rebonack wrote: Aug 12, 2022 3:03 pm [Fireworks]

Wow that's an odd thing to hear.

It was owned by someone who smelled like you.

With a staff set down on the picnicking table, Khannie prods at it with one finger. "So you mean... what? Like it was owned by another human? Or another sorceress?"

It is definitely notable that Khannie doesn't smell like a kangaskhan anymore. She hasn't since she made her wish. She smells more like Jace. That is, if Jace were a teen-age girl. Which really shouldn't come as much a of a shock considering her genesis.

"It's probably a bad idea to mess with it. I can take it home to my dad; he can probably figure out what it does."

Safer than waving it around and trying to get it to do things at the campsite.

Tuskfang is offered an encouraging smile. "Hey, more are coming out now and they aren't ALL going to eat each other. And besides, it's about dark enough for us to start setting off the fireworks."

She begins digging through the box of explosives she bought. "Some of these are really loud ones, but most of them just shoot sparks everywhere. I've got some smoke bombs and some ground flowers and some fountains. I didn't get any little rockets since who knows where they might land. We don't want to burn down the woods."
[Fireworks]

Oh, sweet, little dear,
You are much like she had been...
But I like the gnome.

The staff seems to glow softly, but it quickly becomes apparent that the source of light is not, in fact, the crook itself, but rather the small congregation of fireflies gathering around it. There's a similar uptick of luminous insects around Cheasadh, unsubtly underscoring some sort of connection between the two.

If that wasn't clear enough, the staff will seem to be tugging at her ever so slightly, the same way she might feel compelled to pet a small cat. Something in the grain of the wood calls to her...
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Post Reply