GLoG

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Earl of Purple »

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Thanksmas

"Flamingos are animals." Also pink. I see what you're trying, there, Cheasadh. "I can round up some goblins, woblins and maybe an otter, since she's agreed to help already and Blue's already recommended adult help." An extra pair of adult eyes is also handy when dealing with a mass of children... Although some of the goblins may instead make beetles and spiders instead of reindeer, they're still animals.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Playdate]

Sophie can recognize the furious debate taking place inside of Braon's head. In all likelihood she is, once again, overthinking things and trying to find an angle. Time to try saving her from herself.

"My own powers are my second set, believe it or not. When I met Trick, I had a different kind. But both of them are instinctual, not regimented. And I was a normal, non-magical human for the better part of my life."

[Birds and Babs- Treasure Hunt]

Tragically for Silver, the two woblins are now consumed by their treasure hunting ambitions.

"Is this a flowerpot? Maybe we should look for a flowerpot," Malkrika suggests as the kids head towards the buildings.

"Maybe we should try smelling it."

"You can't smell a flowerpot. Or a map."

"Is Silver good at finding things? Dad is very good at finding things. And mom says goblins use wolves to find things too."

If Kes looks at the map, she'll see that the dot is moving with it.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[It's Beginning to look a lot like Thanksmas]

"Yeah but how are you gunna make a flamingo ornament for a Thanksmas Tree?" Khannie asks. That's a pretty important question. If the goal is to craft Thanksmas animal ornaments then you need to pick animals that you can craft.

Khannie isn't saying that's impossible.

She just isn't sure how that process would work for a flamingo.

"I've got some money but that would just be for clothes pins and googly eyes and pipe cleaners and stuff. Buying the things to make the animal ornaments is less expensive AND more fun than just buying ornaments someone else made."

Khannie pulls out her phone and sends a message off to Natalie listing craft stuff they need for the ornaments.

"We've got enough supplies for a couple more reindeer and sheep. You wanna work on those Blue? It's pretty fun."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

"Yeah!" Blue says. She loves this stuff. Taking random bits and bobs like she might find in her dad's junk drawer and turning them into pretty animals is just about the best feeling ever. Well, at least until the next best feeling. "Mommy tries to get my older brothers an sisters to do this sort of stuff but they say it's for babies." Well, she's a baby then! (She is.) "Well, not this stuff. Making stuff." Something other than watching NexTube or running around in the woods and bringing outside animals inside.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

"Looks like it to me! Seems like a good start." Kestrel follows the woblins, Silver now tailing sulkily at her heels with a whine. It truly is a horrible tragedy that has been done to him. And Kestrel is holding the map, so she can't even scoop him up to console him!

"Silver is...... he's good at finding things he wants. Like treats." Things she crucially doesn't want him to find, but he nonetheless discovers. "But I haven't been able to train him to seek out stuff I tell him to yet. We can always try?"

She looks down at the ma, and blinks in surprise, startled for a moment. Was this map magic? That's really cool! And a lot of effort for just a kids treasure hunt. "So who makes the maps for you two again, hmm?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Thanksmas

"Um... I don't know? Uh, pink pompom for the body, a leg made from a lollipop stick, or maybe some pink pipe cleaners?" Cheasadh doesn't know, she's not as crafty as Khannie is. She was also not being entirely serious, though she does like pink she wouldn't necessarily decorate somewhere else that colour. It's not just her that has to enjoy the space after all.

Morty

Post by Morty »

"Yeah! We should train Silver to be a hunter!" Balthuk remembers the wolf now and leans down to give him some much-desired pats on the head.

"Brinika, Cheasadh and Khannie make them! Khannie does magic to them! It's really cool." Of course, Kes might not have heard any of those names.

The map leads the four intrepid treasure hunters between two living cabins. There's a flower pot here alright, but it's hidden behind a bush. Not very well, but the kids might need some help spotting it.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Thanksmas]

Bringing outside animals inside is an important tradition for small children. A day wouldn't be complete without someone coming home with a pocket full of snake.

"Okay, cool. So here's what we've got," Khannie says, pulling out the few completed ornaments they've got as well as the needed supplies. One of the ornaments consists of black pipe cleaners stuck through some wool clumps to give the impression of a nose, ears, and feet. It's got a little ribbon tied around it and tiny silver bell. The OTHER is much sillier, cotton balls glued to a little foam ball with pipe cleaner legs and a bit of felt for a face and ears, complete with googly eyes. A pin with a ribbon for hanging is stuck into its back.

The reindeer are much simpler. A pair of clothes pins, one facing up and one facing down, with googly eyes an a little red cotton ball for a nose. They can, of course, be further decorated with other Thanksmas themed trinkets.

"Which ones do you wanna start with?"

A very serious question! Blue can only make one animal ornament at a time, after all.

As for Cheasadh, now she's got Khannie thinking!

"Hmm... maybe one of the little candy canes for a neck and head? And a pink cotton ball for the body and some colored toothpicks for the legs? If you wanted to be REALLY fancy you could cut out some felt for the wings,"
Khannie suggests as she begins digging through the plastic tote full of supplies.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Thanksmas]

"I like the deers!" Because of course she does. "I wanna make an extra big one! Like daddy." Most of them aren't like him, though. She knows that. "Or the one that'll look like me." Kissa could already change into a little deer. Blue hopes she'll be able to do that one day.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Beginning to Look a Lot Like Thanksmas

Cheasadh grins as Khannie starts to get ideas. "Candy canes sound like a good idea. Ornament ones, right, not actual candy canes?" Cheasadh would like to reuse them, after all. She'll start gathering the supplies that Khannie's named, though.

Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Ironsmith wrote: Dec 04, 2023 3:54 am [Playdate]

Ugh. Trick's one of those casters. The kind that thinks she's so clever because she's got so much theory backing up her spellwork. Braon's seen that type before. And if she really thinks she's going to intimidate her with that kind of-

The fiendling closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Calm, Braon. She sighs. Trick's not trying to show off. And even if she is, there's no version of this conversation where getting upset at her is going to work out well for Braon. Especially not if she lets it distract her from her babies; being inattentive is how accidents happen.

Still. She can't look the tiefling in her smug face. Or at least Braon thinks it's smug. She hasn't seen her smile before, apart from now... and even then, she's married to Sophie, of course she'd look smug all the time. Braon would too, if she were in her shoes.

No, she's going to have to turn her attention back to Sophie. She's the only other adult here she isn't presently resisting the urge to curse with an affectionate rock. As much as Braon dislikes her at times, she has to admit that by now, the therapist clearly has her best interests in mind. Or at least what she thinks are Braon's best interest. She tries, is the point.

Her temples still flaring with poorly-concealed displeasure, Braon opens her mouth to say something in response... only to realize she hasn't given nearly enough thought as to what that would actually be. Her first instinct is something cutting, but no, she's trying not to have this conversation fall apart within ten minutes of starting it. With that option off the table, all that really comes to mind is somehow talking shop, as Sophie had suggested, but that's...

No, she can't do that. Trick would talk circles around her, like the backwoods illiterate she is. Down that way lies madness. She can't actually admit to that, either, for reasons that should be readily obvious to all present. And changing the subject was as good as admitting to that shortcoming, so that was out, too.

So the only answer she can give Sophie is a rather concerning rise in blood pressure, her skin visibly progressing from beige to pink to purple, accompanied by escalatingly heavy breathing.

Cain, meanwhile, continues to gum Bertin's horns, but after finding they don't taste particularly good, eventually loses interest, plopping back onto his rear and releasing the other boy from his grasp. His attention turns to his brothers, who are chasing each other around the circle of stones, crawling as quickly as their stubby limbs can move. He doesn't move to join them, instead seeming to just be thoroughly entranced by the motion.

Ciara laughs as Janos successfully pushes her away, grabbing her feet as she rolls onto her back. She stays there a bit, giggling and kicking in delight, looking up at Janos as though for some indication that he was enjoying this new game as much as she was.
Morty wrote: Dec 05, 2023 6:33 pm [Playdate]

Sophie can recognize the furious debate taking place inside of Braon's head. In all likelihood she is, once again, overthinking things and trying to find an angle. Time to try saving her from herself.

"My own powers are my second set, believe it or not. When I met Trick, I had a different kind. But both of them are instinctual, not regimented. And I was a normal, non-magical human for the better part of my life."
[Playdate]

Trick's eyebrows would raise if her forehead space wasn't taken up by horns, so for the moment all we get is eyes widening. She's savvy enough to catch that Sophie is attempting to defuse some kind of situation Trick blundered into. Going along with Sophie's point of view isn't a bad idea here.

"I think you still have a better claim to power than I do, to be frank," Trick says, trying to watch for if Braon is going to explode, but focusing her conversation on Sophie, "It doesn't matter what my bloodline is, I wasn't born with any kind of innate magic. I had to cut deals several times to get the magic I have; I didn't even learn many aspects of it until well after. I have to give a lot of respect to those that actually hone themselves and the powers they have inherently."

Bertin will chase after his new playmates, deciding that they seem very interesting and fun, especially the way they're moving about! He wants to take part!

Janos, meanwhile, moves up to Ciara and moves to grab her feet too, bewildered by all this new experience but enjoying the novelty nonetheless.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[It's beginning to look a lot like Thanksmas]

Oh course Blue would like the deer.

Reindeer aren't exactly her style but close enough, right?

"Hmm. Well, all the clothes pins we've got are the same size. Even if we had bigger ones we wouldn't want em TOO big or they would be too heavy for the tree."

They don't want the tree to get Charlie Browned over after all.

Khannie grins when Blue mentions a deer like her, "Oh cool. Did you figure out how to do the transformy thing?"

Despite appearances to the contrary Khannie doesn't actually do transformations.

At Cheasadh's question Khannie indicates the size of a two inch tall candy cane. "Nah one of the little plastic wrapped ones. So long as candy canes don't get wet they basically last forever, right?"

Speaking of food ornaments.

"Hmm... maybe we should do some oranges fulla cloves, too. Those are fun and easy and small great."
Last edited by Rebonack on Dec 17, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

"No! But I'm gonna!" Blue seems very confident about this. "I wouldn't mind turning into a unicorn either though. Like you."

"You can use an orange as an ornament?" How strange. "What's a clove?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Thanksmas

"That's true. I hope they weren't in with the candles." If they were they're gone. "Cloves are a spice. And yeah! Oranges are why baubles are round, the first Thanksmas decorations were oranges. I'll probably leave that bit to you two, though. This isn't just to look pretty." Cheasadh grins and touches her large nose, which would make handling spices a bit more interesting. It occurs to me that gnome cuisine likely has subtler flavours than human cuisine, due to the increased sense of smell.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Ah, that's sweet Blue. But I think your daddy would be kinda concerned if you ended up turning into a unicorn instead of a deer like you siblings do. Problem with being a unicorn is that you don't get to change back and forth; I just use my illusions to make it look like I do," Khannie points out as she allows her human disguise to flow off her, revealing the unicorn standing on her hind hooves.

She looks a little silly standing up like that.

But still surprisingly dexterous! She uses her pretty flexible front hooves and gathers the supplies for making deer-ornaments and lays them out before Blue. "Careful with the hot glue gun, okay? 'cuz it gets hot."

It's right there in the name!

But Blue is getting BIG and Khannie is confident that she can handle it, especially with supervision from Cheasadh. After all, Cheasadh will need it for-!

"Here's all the little candy canes,"
she sets a box down atop the table. It contains a collection of various candy canes, both large (for hanging on the tree) and small (for other decorations). Then she drops down onto all fours and goes trotting off into the kitchen. "Imma go check and see if we've got anything to make orange baubles."

Namely, oranges and cloves.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Morty wrote: Dec 05, 2023 6:33 pm [Playdate]

Halae wrote: Dec 14, 2023 4:09 pm [Playdate]

Trick's eyebrows would raise if her forehead space wasn't taken up by horns, so for the moment all we get is eyes widening. She's savvy enough to catch that Sophie is attempting to defuse some kind of situation Trick blundered into. Going along with Sophie's point of view isn't a bad idea here.

"I think you still have a better claim to power than I do, to be frank," Trick says, trying to watch for if Braon is going to explode, but focusing her conversation on Sophie, "It doesn't matter what my bloodline is, I wasn't born with any kind of innate magic. I had to cut deals several times to get the magic I have; I didn't even learn many aspects of it until well after. I have to give a lot of respect to those that actually hone themselves and the powers they have inherently."

Bertin will chase after his new playmates, deciding that they seem very interesting and fun, especially the way they're moving about! He wants to take part!

Janos, meanwhile, moves up to Ciara and moves to grab her feet too, bewildered by all this new experience but enjoying the novelty nonetheless.
[Playdate]

...What the fuck are these two on about?

Braon looks from Sophie to Trick as the two of them share some of the details of their respective powers, as though that's somehow meant to be reassuring. Do they think she cares one bit about where their abilities come fro-
Smug Tiefling Bitch wrote: "I have to give a lot of respect to those that actually hone themselves and the powers they have inherently."
...Oh.

Maybe they're on to something here after all.

Braon's face starts fading back down from red as she starts breathing more normally again. That all but amounted to a promise not to judge her. And if Trick breaks that promise, Braon is more than capable of hexing her half a dozen different ways before the playdate ends. Granted, Sophie might go and ruin it immediately afterward, but she can take a little reassurance that she might be able to leave the tiefling with a magically-enhanced wedgie if she goes back on her word.

...She's still not sure she should talk much about where her powers actually come from, though. That seems more like a Sophie-only conversation.

"...It... did... take a lot of effort." Braon says finally, faltering a bit as she tries to put the sentence together. "Enchanting isn't really... it's more art than anything. You can't really just point at something and say 'hey, you, I want you to do a thing'. Doesn't work. Not for me, anyway."

It occurs to her at that moment that she might be describing exactly how Trick's magic works, but she pushes that thought down for now.

"It's all about the whys, really." She continues. "I'm not just giving orders to, um..." Braon glances around a bit for something to use as a visual aid, settling on a rock sitting at her feet, which she pulls up to demonstrate. "...to this. If I wanted to make it, I don't know, explode or something, I'd need to think about why I want it to do that. Am I just angry and want to see something go up in smoke? Does it exploding help in some way? And once I know that, I kind of have to set it up to want the same thing. I have to think, 'if I were this rock, why would I want to explode?' Knowing why I want it as me already helps, see. Then I just kind of... press that into the rock. And then..."

The stone in her hand shudders and emits a little trail of black smoke, proceeding to do nothing but sulk.

"...Goshdangit." Braon pseudoswears, giving the rock a little shake. "Piece of freaking schist." She sighs and tosses it away, out of the circle, where it proceeds to silently disappear by way of popping into tiny pieces, the shockwave visibly carrying through the leaves and grass.

The infant in Braon's other arm watches with a look of surprisingly quiet concern.

If there's any sort of pattern to the game the others are playing, it's probably beyond Bertin's comprehension. But running around is certainly fun, and none of the others seem to have any objections to him joining in.

Ciara giggles as Janos grabs at her feet, involuntarily kicking as the infant's tiny thumbs run up against her soles. Having been in this world for less than a year, her skin is already delicate, even more so on the bottoms of her feet. Which is to say... that tickles!
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Playdate]

"So what feeling did you try to put into this rock?" Sophie asks.

This explanation does fit with what she's seen Braon do. Of course, most of her enchantments that Sophie has seen have been malicious in nature, channeling Braon's monumental rancor against the world at large.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Blue's eyes fill up with wonder at one of Khannie's transformations - like always. How's she do that with her hooves? It's like a cartoon. Of course, Blue's child-mind really isn't interested in questioning this, it just thinks they're neat.

Blue plops down on her haunches and sticks her tongue out as she starts to put some more instruments together - using entirely too much glue. They'll at least look authentically child-labor-made. She glances at Cheasadh while they work.

"Hey Cheasadh? How old are you?" Blue asks.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Beginning To Look Like Thanksmas

"I'm fourteen. Why, how old are you?" Cheasadh may be fourteen, she's also short. Shorter than Brinika (unless her sister's unhappy) so potentially shorter than Blue. She'll also unwrap one of the candy canes and stick it in her mouth as she preps everything else to start making Thanksmas flamingoes.

Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Beginning To Look Like Thanksmas

"I was just curious cuz' you seem older but you look, uhm, smaller. No offense," says Blue. Cheasadh might also get the sense she means 'older' as a sort of compliment. She smiles. "Are you like a sort of goblin?" The Frescots seem to have a lot of goblin friends now-days, they're neat. You can tell they're goblins because they're smaller.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Morty wrote: Dec 11, 2023 8:18 pm [Birds and Babs- Treasure Hunt]

"Yeah! We should train Silver to be a hunter!" Balthuk remembers the wolf now and leans down to give him some much-desired pats on the head.

"Brinika, Cheasadh and Khannie make them! Khannie does magic to them! It's really cool." Of course, Kes might not have heard any of those names.

The map leads the four intrepid treasure hunters between two living cabins. There's a flower pot here alright, but it's hidden behind a bush. Not very well, but the kids might need some help spotting it.

Silver suddenly perks up, his tail wagging again as attention is once more thrown his way. "We should! I want to be able to take him out adventuring with me someday, but right now he's too small for such things."

Kestrel indeed does not know who the woblin is talking about, but she is very impressed by the magic!

At last they arrive at their destination. Kestrel is not the most perceptive of people, normally quite easily distracted, but her eyes are nonetheless sharp and today's task isn't so difficult. So she spots it soon enough!

For a little while, she mimes searching with the kids, before realizing they might need a bit of a nudge. She didn't want to point to them just yet if she could avoid it though. So she turned to Balthuk and Maltrika both, offering, "Maybe it's hidden behind or in something? Or disguised! What might a flowerpot be hard to spot in?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Looking a lot Like Thanksmas

"Sort of! I've been adopted by Brinika's family, so she's my sister now, but I'm a gnome. I don't have the ears, but I have this nose, which is more sensitive than most. Maybe not as sensitive as Tuskfang's, but good enough." Cheasadh smiles at Blue. At the moment she can smell the glue and the musty dust of the decorations come out of storage, but she'll try smelling past that to see if she can tell what flavour of soap Blue last used, and whatever natural smell Blue has- though Cheasadh can't really identify individuals by scent, she can generally tell species.

quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

The Challenge

Something's happening outside the daycare facility, in the field across from the jungle gym. A large group of kids have gathered, which isn't exactly unusual for this area of GLoG- this place is made for children, after all. However, they're causing quite a commotion, talking in loud voices over each other as they crowd around something on the ground.

If anyone happens to be walking by, say, another curious child, they'll see that there's quite a trove of treasures spread out on the ground. These are children's treasures, so it's mostly stuff like old trading cards, shiny buttons, marbles, a toy or two. But there's a few fancier things mixed in as well, like some jewelry, old tarnished coins, and a pocketknife.

Overseeing this collection is a small boy, looking maybe eight or nine at the oldest, with fluffy red hair and rosy cheeks, dressed in a baggy gray parka. Despite his age and small stature he has an air of authority, watching critically as the other children add possessions to the pile.
horses can attack and eat me
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[The Challenge]

Arriving onto the scene was Asami Sonnenschein wearing her coat and gloves, lacking her scarf as she was feeling particularly daring today. Of course, she regretted that choice as her teeth chattered from the cold wind. Despite this, she looks onto the scene with gleeful curiousity.

"Woah... all this stuff must be worth a fortune!" Asami seems excited as she gazes over all the treasures. She sifts through her coat pockets looking for anything to throw in before coming to that random magic ring she picked up that one time. She pulls it out and then takes a glance between it and the children gathered, deciding to put it back so as to not risk someone getting it and using it irresponsibly. "I have nothing to offer. I apologize." She bows courteously in the direction of the overseer boy, though moreso directed towards the pile itself than him.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

The Challenge

The boy looks up at her sharply, then giggles. "Well, there's no way you'd win anyway, so it's okay if you don't join." he says, shaking his head disparagingly. A chorus of laughter and whispers breaks out amongst the other kids.

"He's the best, there's no way-"

"-outran a pack of wolves, I heard"

"-don't even look fast, she wouldn't stand a chance-"

Raising a hand, the boy quiets the mob of children. "Since you got here late, I'll explain again. It's a race, from the edge of the playground, to that-" he points at a distant hill, perhaps a half mile away, "Mountain over there. Winner takes all." He gestures at the array of objects on the ground. "You just need to put in one thing to join, but it has to be cool, like a magic item or something. Not that you have any chance of winning, since I'm the fastest kid in the Nexus."
horses can attack and eat me
Morty

Post by Morty »

"Yeah! He's still a cub! When we visited our uncle, we saw grown-up wolves."

"They were big and fierce!"

The kids are distracted from discussing wolves by Kes giving them a hint.

"Um. Flowers? Then it'd just look like another flower."

"But there's no flowers here."

"But there's a bush!"

They both rush over to the bush and, after some rustling, produce a flowerpot. The next part of the map appears to have been taped to it. It leads to another part of the campsite, near the kitchens. A picture next to their destination depicts a cooking pot.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 22, 2023 5:38 pm Looking a lot Like Thanksmas

"Sort of! I've been adopted by Brinika's family, so she's my sister now, but I'm a gnome. I don't have the ears, but I have this nose, which is more sensitive than most. Maybe not as sensitive as Tuskfang's, but good enough." Cheasadh smiles at Blue. At the moment she can smell the glue and the musty dust of the decorations come out of storage, but she'll try smelling past that to see if she can tell what flavour of soap Blue last used, and whatever natural smell Blue has- though Cheasadh can't really identify individuals by scent, she can generally tell species.
Looking a lot Like Thanksmas

"Oooh! I didn't know you were her sister." Blue had noticed the nose, but she didn't want to stare or comment. Mommy said that sort of thing was impolite unless you knew the person didn't mind. Blue's soap has a faintly mint-and-aloe smell, and if Cheasadh can fully recognize species, she'll recognize that of a human, that of cherry blossoms, the smell of a large animal (like a deer, unsurprisingly), and the odd feyish scent of them all mixed together.

"I'd invite you over like we invite over Brinika and Tuskfang and their cousins but I don't know if we'd like the same things." The older kids often didn't. Though maybe Cheasadh would get along with Laela? "I have lots of sisters. And brothers." It's a good thing they aren't all here for decorating or it'd be a glue-smeared disaster.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Looking Like Thanksmas, A Lot

"Yep! And I know, I've seen you all around. Don't interact much, though. Invite me next time. We're having fun now, aren't we?" Cheasadh smiles. "You're inviting my cousins too, aren't you? Since Brinika's my sister." This is mostly a Khannie activity, however, so Cheasadh might not have as much fun with Blue without her involved. But other stuff can happen! And there's Laela. "I'd have to look at the soap you use. I like the smell of it, it's minty and fresh." Cheasadh isn't sure if the cherries are part of the soap or part of Blue, given the nature of dryadeer and Blue's parents. So she doesn't comment on it.

[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[The Challenge]

Asami raises an eyebrow, wary of the boy challenging her. "Are you trying to use reverse psychology or something? That's kinda weird." Those gathered here probably wouldn't know this, but Asami is so confidant in her speed that she never shows it off or anything. It just comes naturally to her and thus she doesn't feel a need to prove how fast she is, so one can be forgiven for doubting her capabilities.

"Based on the stuff that's already here, magic item is a bit much anyways. What baka threw in the jewelry, anyways?" She sighs with a bit of exasperation, "Well... can't say i'm interested. Not unless you got an omnitrix burried in there!" She smiles gleefully, looking back to the boy to see how he responds to her joke.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"Oh sweet! Found 'em!" comes Khannie's voice from the kitchen. She soon emerges back into the dining area with a box of little clementine oranges balanced on her back and a box of cloves floating next to her head in a dark blue and purple glow that matches the crown of light around her horn.

She canters up along side the table and gives her hindquarters a sharp bounce, deftly tossing the box of oranges in front of Blue and Cheasadh.

That is definitely a display of equestrian style coordination right there.

"Okay so this is super simple," Khannie says as she sits down on the bench, which looks kind of silly for a quadruped. "You just take an orange-"

She grips one with a forehoof, using her dewclaws like a pair of mini thumbs.

"Then you get a clove-"

One of the fragrant smelling dried flowers is floated over in her magic.

"And just shove the pointy bit into the orange!"
Which she does using her other front hoof.
"Usually you make little designs and stuff with the cloves and when you're done you hang em up to dry!"

Easy!