GLoG

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 990
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Treasure Hunting]

Tuskfang claps his hands. His idea worked! But of course it did, he's a masterful treasure hunter.

"I knew it! It's showing us where the treasure is!"
User avatar
Thursday Violist
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 192
Joined: Aug 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Treasure Hunting]

The reflection is slightly more disappointing than Manja had expected.

Oh well.
At least she has pretty clever vassals! She's pretty glad that Tuskfang managed to figure it out. She knew he was the right pick for this job.

However!
She can't just leave it all to her three retainers. She would be an awful ruler if she let them go first and let them do all the work. As soon as Manja figures out which direction Khannie is headed, the cat Manja starts running ahead, to get there first and subdue any threats to her vassals.

...
Even though she's literally a kitten. Best she could do is probably pounce on something that looks suspicious.


[Daddy at Daycare]

Even though Manja had her nose poked with no chance to retaliate, it's still okay. After all, they're going to get sushi! All of them! This is definitely why her dad is the best. Plus, he's carrying her so that's even better.

She's pretty happy, obviously.


Harley nods: "Thanks," she says. She follows: obviously Rein knows where the best sushi places would be, and she'll just have to keep an eye out for something for herself.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 781
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Treasure Hunting]

"Whoa, hey!" Lucy steps out in front of where Khannie points the map and looks down at the ground beneath her feet, then back up at the map again. "That's awesome. Okay keep pointing the map and I'll watch it and make sure we're going the right way." She suggests before starting to walk backwards. Definitely the best way to do this and not accident prone at all.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
User avatar
Rebonack
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 936
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: GLoG

Post by Rebonack »

[Treasure Hunting]

Walking backwards down to the boathouse near the lake is absolutely the best choice of action here and Lucy will probably only trip over something maybe once along the way, right?

Khannie holds up the map and laughs. "Okay that's pretty cool! Okay! Tuskfang you've gotta make sure Lucy doesn't fall over anything while she's navigating for us okay?"

Sounds like they've got it all figured out!

And... Manja runs ahead to... do cat things?

Anyway!

Our heroes head down to the boathouse! Manja will find an especially suspicious looking muskrat that spots her coming and quickly scurries off into the lake. He was probably part of some sort of organized rat crime ring or something.

The dotted line leads right up to the door, which Khannie pulls open. Light reflecting off the map illuminates the inside of the boathouse, causing something to sparkle enticingly on one of the shelves wedged between a stack of life-vests. Mysterious!
Hraithre
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Hraithre »

[Miranda's Cabin]
Ironsmith wrote: Nov 27, 2022 11:09 am Possibly exacerbating this is the fact that Miranda's cabin is borderline pristine. There's no food in the fridge, the furniture has been meticulously cleaned and polished, and aside from the upright and open sleeping pod in the bedroom and the jacket-less picture of Miranda attached to the full-length mirror, there's no evidence to suggest anybody even lives here. If Alto had the basis for comparison, he might think of this place as resembling the display model of the cabin, something to show off for prospective renters to convince them that this is a good place to live.

Alto might also note that there does, indeed, seem to be something... off about the walls. They have a certain sort of opacity to them; despite the cleanliness of the cabin, the whole place seems to have less ambient light in it than is typical, giving it a moody sort of look all throughout. Alto might even be able to tell that more than the usual suite of visible light waves are being blocked out; there's no looking into this cabin without its owner's consent.

"...Feeling any better?" Miranda inquires, tugging out a seat for him before quickly changing her mind and pushing it back in.
After squeezing into the cabin, Alto looks around in a confused manner. It walks to one of the walls and runs its claw-like nails over it. "It's dark in here. Not dark-dark, like outside. But darker. It feels... it feels fa-familiar... is that word right?" It sounds hesitant. "Like I have seen it... before? Not sure I like it..."

Well, that confirms one hypothesis. On the other hand, it is not surprising. Alto's eyes are of shape and color similar to some animals known to see further into the ultraviolet spectrum of light than what's usual for humans.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 990
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Treasure Hunting]

Tuskfang will valiantly walk behind Lucy to catch her if she trips. Besides if there's anything one could trip on, maybe he'll trip first and thus warn her.

"Look! There's something there!" The young woblin will immediately try to take a closer look and see if he can reach it.
Ironsmith
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1261
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

Hraithre wrote: Dec 02, 2022 4:43 pm [Miranda's Cabin]

After squeezing into the cabin, Alto looks around in a confused manner. It walks to one of the walls and runs its claw-like nails over it. "It's dark in here. Not dark-dark, like outside. But darker. It feels... it feels fa-familiar... is that word right?" It sounds hesitant. "Like I have seen it... before? Not sure I like it..."

Well, that confirms one hypothesis. On the other hand, it is not surprising. Alto's eyes are of shape and color similar to some animals known to see further into the ultraviolet spectrum of light than what's usual for humans.
[Miranda's Cabin]

"I told you, I had some extra insulation put in." Miranda explains, taking a moment to prepare some snacks from her Hotbox. Alto liked fish, right? She'll start with some of that. "The monster you saw down at the lake isn't the only thing that's ever tried to look into my house. Back on my homeworld, there was all sorts of nasty kinds of lights that could be shone into a room, without you even noticing, that would do some horrible things to the people inside of it. I don't think you want any of the details, but if you want some horror stories, ask Rose about her experiences with subdermal scalpels."

Alto wouldn't know about them, but the gist is that they take advantage of the different resonance frequencies of various kinds of tissues to make alterations to one type while leaving the others unharmed. This would make it possible to, say, create a surgical incision without having to worry about the patient bleeding. Or, more nefariously, strip a victim of their skin without any risk of death by exsanguination.

Not something you'd want shone into your bedroom while you're asleep.

"It's also adjustable, if you want me to let a little more ambient light in. Whatever you're comfortable with, Alto."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Hraithre
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Hraithre »

[Miranda's Cabin]

Alto has no idea what "subdermal" and "scalpel" mean, but Miranda has no given it an entirely new thing to be afraid of, as it imagines hostile rays of light cutting through the walls. It whimpers and sits in a corner, hugging its knees. When Miranda prepares food, Alto shakes its head. "S-sorry. I'm not hungry. Boys said it's not good to eat too much before sleeping. It will make you see n-nightmares..."
Ironsmith
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1261
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Miranda's Cabin]

"...All right." Miranda says, reluctantly dumping the fish back into her Hotbox and taking a seat next to Alto. "Not like I can't make you some more in the morning." She gives his arm a reassuring little pat and smiles up at him. "But I'm going to take that to mean you are, in fact, going to sleep. So... good night." She stands and makes her way over to her sleeping pod, tugging out her hairband and shrugging off her jacket before realizing she might have a problem.

Mostly with the arrangements associated with her sleeping pod.

Sure, she can probably set it to put her out for less time than Alto's likely to sleep, so she can go to bed and wake up in the morning all while he's still asleep, but then, she's not entirely convinced he'll sleep for an uninterrupted length of time, period. And if he wakes up in the middle of the night from a bad dream, she's going to want to be decent when he goes to wake her up. Or at least, with enough time between her waking him and him seeing her to get dressed.

In order to remedy this, she's going to tilt her sleeping pod and start dragging it back toward the bedroom, where she can set it up so there's a door between them. Despite her athletic build, a fully-assembled pod is still quite heavy, and she visibly struggles to get it all the way there... though she'll be able to manage it, it's going to take a while.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Thursday Violist
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 192
Joined: Aug 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Treasure Hunting]

Manja returns victorious!
Or, rather, partially victorious.
She managed to convince that mafioso musk rat to retreat into the lake.

The kitten considers going after it to settle the score, but...
She hears her vassals speaking and coming this way. Manja decides, rather than letting them potentially wander into a very complex trap, she should go back to them. After all, it's better to let the musk rat escape this time if it means keeping everyone else safe.

She follows Tuskfang's voice and goes into the boathouse, so that she can get a better look at what everyone's doing now.
Hraithre
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Hraithre »

[Miranda's cabin]

"Ummm... what are you doing?" Alto appears behind Miranda, staring at her in utter bafflement. "Do... do you need help?"

It is a bit funny Miranda is so concerned of being "decent". After all, Alto walks around naked all the time - nobody has yet managed to sell this concept called "clothes" to it.
Ironsmith
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1261
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Miranda's Cabin]

"Well, I wouldn't mind it terribly." Miranda smiles, shuffling so she only has to worry about lifting the one end and letting Alto handle the other.

She's not too worried about Alto seeing her without clothing, or even just being seen without clothing in of itself, but she does work at a daycare. If it happens and Alto makes mention of it to another member of the staff, that's sure to raise a lot of awkward questions, and she's not sure she'd be able to wave it away as "cultural differences". Better to just nip the problem in the bud before there's room for any sort of scandal.

Once the pod is in place, Miranda sets her end down with a contented little sigh and smiles up at Alto. "Thanks. Are you going to be comfortable in the other room? Bedding okay? Enough pillows? Stuffed bear?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 781
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Treasure Hunting]

Lucy only almost trips! A couple times! She's grinning like a fool the whole time, though. And that leads them to the door! She doesn't try to go through that backwards, and instead turns and follows after Tuskfang. "What'd you find?"
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
Hraithre
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Hraithre »

[Miranda's Cabin]

Moving the pod is much easier with Alto's help - if the rest of the cabin was made for people its size, it likely could easily move it around on its own. Once the pod is where Miranda wants it, Alto stops and stares at it. "What is this? It... reminds me of something. I don't like it...", it mumbles, but then Miranda's questions distract it. "Oh. A stuffed bear would be nice. Nice and soft."
User avatar
Rebonack
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 936
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: GLoG

Post by Rebonack »

[Treasure Hunting]

Procession successful!

And Lucy only almost fell over...

An amount of times.

That just means Tuskfang was really good at his job. And speaking at being good at his job! He quickly spies something neat looking wedged between those life vests and-

Ugh!

It's a little bit out of his reach.

"Here, let me help Tuskfang," Khannie says as she kneels down at the bottom of the shelf, cupping her hands to give Tuskfang a boost to provide him with the lofty height needed to reach this next treasure!

And wow, what a treasure it is! A beautiful glass lens wrapped in a band of braided gold on one side and richly colored polished wood on the other. It looks like a hand-lens. Like a magnifying glass! Viewing the world through it makes everything appear much smaller and upside down. But at the same time... it reflects images that AREN'T on the other side of it. A place of mist and towering trees and a boundless reaching sky.

"What was in there?" Khannie asks.

Meanwhile! Several more muskrats peek out of little nooks and crannies in the boathouse. They seem pretty nervous about Manja, but Lucy seems nice!
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 990
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Treasure Hunting]

"It's a magnifying glass! Like a detective has!" A detective isn't quite like a treasure hunter but also worthy of honor in Tuskfang's eyes. He climbs down from Khannie's hands and waves the glass around. "But it's weird. It shows things upside down and... stuff. I dunno what it is." He blinks. "Why are there so many rats here?"
User avatar
Thursday Violist
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 192
Joined: Aug 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Treasure Hunting]

Gasp!
Manja was right to come right back. The muskrat mafia seems to have all gathered here together to put a hit on Lucy! That's why they're all looking at her so much. Manja luckily got here just in time.
Well, maybe it would have been better if she had gotten here a little later. Because then she could've pulled out her full power and fought off all the mafiosos. She considers capturing one and questioning it, but then realizes that their omertà would prevent her from finding out anything. Better just rely on Tuskfang using that magic magnifying glass to discover what's up, instead, Manja decides.

But she got here now, and not later. Best she can do is protect the flowery girl from the rats.

Manja courageously places herself between the multitude of muskrats and Lucy, and stares them down. She tries to roar at them to intimidate them, but since she currently lacks the necessary biology to properly roar, it comes out as a mix of a purr and just saying 'rawr'.


If, by chance, Tuskfang accidentally spies Manja through the magnifying glass that can reveal MYSTERIOUS THINGS...she's got mysterious things aplenty. Comes with the territory of being....whatever she is. 1/22nd will-o-the-wisp? Yup. Through the glass, appears as a white lion cub crackling with PINK energy, tendrils of a handful of different kinds of corruption swarming around her, got little glowing fish swimming around her to symbolize the protection of a mermaid goddess...there's just a bunch of random MYSTERIOUS THINGS about her. But, somehow, it all balances out so it's not that big of a deal.

Especially compared to the rats. In Manja's opinion, the rats are a much bigger deal, since they're threatening to swarm one of her vassals.
Ironsmith
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1261
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

Hraithre wrote: Dec 06, 2022 12:40 pm [Miranda's Cabin]

Moving the pod is much easier with Alto's help - if the rest of the cabin was made for people its size, it likely could easily move it around on its own. Once the pod is where Miranda wants it, Alto stops and stares at it. "What is this? It... reminds me of something. I don't like it...", it mumbles, but then Miranda's questions distract it. "Oh. A stuffed bear would be nice. Nice and soft."
[MIranda's Cabin]

"That'd be my bed." Miranda explains, printing off a stuffed bear for Alto; being a one-piece item, it comes out of her hotbox already small for her, and likely downright comically so for Alto. "You've seen something like it before? Back where you came from, maybe?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 781
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Treasure Hunting]

Looking at Lucy through the magnifying glass makes her appear like a small beacon. She's radiating pure aetheric potential, and there almost appear to be small beings flitting in and out of view around her, as if drawn by this energy.

Lucy is quite ignorant to this, however. Instead she's much more interested in the physical treasure. "It's so shiny. Do you think that's real gold?" Tuskfang's personal space will be invaded as Lucy investigates.

But then she breaks off as abruptly as she approached as she whirls around to take in the space. She catches sight of the muskrats that are peeking out of the corners. "Oooooh!" She creeps toward one of these crannies, not seeming to register Manja's defensive stance. "Hey you wanna snack?" She retrieves a baggie from the pocket of her overalls and then a couple crackers from the bag. She holds one out to tempt out a muskrat hopefully.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
User avatar
Rebonack
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 936
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: GLoG

Post by Rebonack »

[Treasure Hunting]

When the lens passes over Khannie Tuskfang will see a bipedal fox-like creature with fur of ashen gray and snowy white, fading to bloody crimson at the end of her hair and fur and tails. The zoroark's body, especially near the end of her tails and voluminous hair, seems almost misty and insubstantial. Superimposed over this is a shadow in the shape of a human girl, giving the impression that the fox is hiding within and behind the shroud. The ghostly fox doesn't look mean at all; she's wearing the same friendly expression just fitted for a foxy face instead of a human one. She's wearing the same clothing, including the official Glog business cap with her giant pony-tail pulled through the hole in the back.

"That's a really fancy looking trinket," Khannie the disguised zoroark observes. "But I don't think that's the actual treasure. The LAST time it was in a fancy treasure chest, not just sitting around stuffed between some life-jackets. You wanna bet we've gotta use that on the map or something? You see anything cool through it, Tuskfang?"

Yes.

He sure does.

The muskrats, meanwhile, are feeling pretty cowed by this terrifying feline! A few of them show their teeth and look fearsome. One of them, though, creeps closer to Lucy to try sniffing at the cracker. When it comes to bribing animals with food there aren't that many of them that will refuse.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 990
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Treasure Hunting]

"Yes, this is something you use to find the treasure, not the treasure." Tuskfang speaks with the firm confidence of a tried and true treasure-hunter. She holds out the glass for Lucy to examine, but then she gets distracted by the muskrats. "I see lots of weird stuff. You look like a fox-person wearing a human. Lucy is really bright. And Manja has a lot of weird stuff sort of piled up."
Hraithre
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Hraithre »

[MIranda's Cabin]
Ironsmith wrote: Dec 07, 2022 6:40 am
"That'd be my bed." Miranda explains, printing off a stuffed bear for Alto; being a one-piece item, it comes out of her hotbox already small for her, and likely downright comically so for Alto. "You've seen something like it before? Back where you came from, maybe?"
Alto looks at the bear with a sad frown - in its mind, it imagined something bigger and cuddlier, perhaps. It takes the doll and weighs it in one hand. "Yes... no... maybe", it mumbles hesitantly. "Maybe....maybe when I was this small." It strokes the doll gently. Tears begin forming at the corners of its eyes. "I... I was this small once. Wasn't I?"
User avatar
Thursday Violist
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 192
Joined: Aug 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Treasure Hunting]

!

!!!!

Manja got distracted when people started talking about her (well, actually it's because there's way too many muskrats here) so she didn't even notice that one of the rats escaped her gaze and lured Lucy towards it!

The kitten turns her head to watch, but doesn't abandon her position - if she breaks formation to rescue Lucy from the rat, then all the other rats will swarm at the same time. All she can do now is trust Lucy to handle this matter on her own.

She hisses back at all the fearsome rats around, warning them to not try anything. If they just leave them all alone, she practically says, then she won't have to resort to drastic measures. They had better not follow them after the treasure!
Ironsmith
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1261
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

Hraithre wrote: Dec 09, 2022 10:23 pm [MIranda's Cabin]


Alto looks at the bear with a sad frown - in its mind, it imagined something bigger and cuddlier, perhaps. It takes the doll and weighs it in one hand. "Yes... no... maybe", it mumbles hesitantly. "Maybe....maybe when I was this small." It strokes the doll gently. Tears begin forming at the corners of its eyes. "I... I was this small once. Wasn't I?"
[Miranda's Cabin]

"...I... can't claim to know." Miranda says, resting a hand on Alto's. "...I mean, I suppose so. Strictly speaking, we were all that small once. Smaller, even. But... you may not have even been aware of yourself then. I know I wouldn't have been. You might not have been... you, when you were that small. Don't let it get you down, okay?" She gives Alto's back a little rub and smiles softly. "...Are you going to want more? I can set you up with a whole crowd of bears if you want."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Hraithre
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Hraithre »

[Miranda's Cabin]

"No. One is fine...", Alto mutters absent-mindedly. It goes and curls in one corner of the room, and closes its eyes, holding the little teddy close to its chest. "Mother..."
Ironsmith
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1261
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Ironsmith »

[Miranda's Cabin]

...Well. Miranda might want to see if there's a cardiologist on-site anywhere. Because that feels conspicuously like her heart melting.

That last word in particular gives her a lot to think about as she sits on her couch and waits for Alto to fall asleep. The poor guy clearly knows he's supposed to have a mother, and misses her terribly. He could probably use someone to fill out that role in his life, and-

Whoa. Whoa, no, slow down there, Cortez. You are not ready to have an eight-foot-tall gorilla-baby.

...Right?

After all, why not? He already comes to her any time he has a problem. She's pretty much his de facto caretaker anyway. And while there are some needs she's held off on seeing to with the assumption that his mother would be back and her role in looking after him would be temporary, he still has those needs and she'd like to be able to handle them. Actually raise the boy, as opposed to just sort of keeping him fed and entertained.

Which is all well and good, but what about her? It's a big responsibility, and she has other duties to see to as well. Not to mention she won't really have a whole lot of spare time to herself. And if she keeps going on these missions, now she's going to have to worry about the possibility of leaving Alto motherless if she makes a misstep, which is going to greatly reduce her effectiveness as an agent.

...And yet. She can't deny there's a certain appeal to the concept. She's given the idea of having kids of her own some thought before, but always predicated the notion on the idea that she'd at least have a husband, or at least boyfriend, first. Having the opportunity drop into her lap like this is... unexpected. Maybe more so than it should be... she does work at a daycare, after all.

At least she knows that, logistically speaking, adopting Alto would be the easiest thing in the world. All she'd have to do would be walk up to the main desk and sign a few paper-

"Mierda!" Miranda swears, bolting upright. In all the excitement, she'd forgotten what she was doing before heading off to handle Alto's crisis. She left that paperwork out in the office, and an unattended child with a set of pencils...

That's all the incentive she needs to go running out the door.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 781
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: GLoG

Post by Gullara »

[Treasure Hunting]

"Come on, it's a tasty snack." Lucy coaxes in a cooing tone. She puts the cracker down for the muskrat to inspect. She knows that when animals are spooked they'll be more reluctant to come to her.

She glances back towards the others, mostly noticing Manja's harried demeanor. "Why's she so freaked out?" The dryadeer asks, pointing at their catty companion.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
User avatar
Rebonack
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 936
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: GLoG

Post by Rebonack »

[Treasure Hunting]

There's a look of surprise (eyes widening, ears twisting back slightly) on Khannie's face when Tuskfang describes what he's seen. If that thing is able to see straight through her illusions AND it can see... well, whatever is up with Lucy and Manja. She really isn't sure what their deals are. That means this trinket they found on a random treasure hunt is something pretty special!

Something that sees the TRUTH of things.

"Wow that's pretty crazy. Yeah I, uh, use illusions and stuff to make me look like a human girl. Like the ones I make all the time for games,
" Khannie admits. Khannie's use of illusions to augment games of make-believe at Glog are pretty well known among the children. "Dunno what the deal is with all these rats, though. There sure are a bunch of them and I thiiiink Manja thinks she's protecting Lucy from them?"

Maybe?

"Hey Manja I don't think these rats are really any big deal."

The lens will reveal hidden truths about the musk rats! The hidden truth appears to be that there isn't much hidden about them. They're just some musk rats that have set up a nest in the boat house. Lucy's offering is finally accepted, though! The musk rat takes the cracker in his mouth and quickly scampers away from this hissing kitten. Sure they're about the same size but the musk rat doesn't want to mess with a predator if he can avoid it.

Anywho!

Should the lens be turned on the map (which Khannie is still holding) it will reveal a hidden image of silver in the field of gold. A view facing toward the island in the middle of the lake, looking out at it from between a great big maple tree and a big blue boulder covered in little cubes of fool's gold. But in the picture there's a BRIDGE leading from the boulder out to the island!

The rock may well be known to the children. The tree leans out over the lake and it's a great place to jump into the water from. The boulder is quite colorful, though incredibly hard, and attempts to break the pyrite out of it are largely futile.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 990
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GLoG

Post by Morty »

[Treasure Hunting]

"So you're a fox? I thought you were a human." Tuskfang seems confused. He knows Khannie uses illusions, but why use it for that? "I see a bridge over a lake that isn't there. I wonder what it means." He then looks between the muskrats and Manja. "Maybe she just doesn't like rats. She's a kitty, they don't like rats."
User avatar
Thursday Violist
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 192
Joined: Aug 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Re: GLoG

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Treasure Hunting]

Manja thinks it obvious that the reason she's so worried is because the mafioso muskrats are extorting Lucy for crackers and who-knows-what-else and nobody else seems to care!

Well, that, and every single one of these rats is as big as, or bigger than, her. Things just are different when you're surrounded by giant rats.

Nevermind that, Tuskfang just said something important and it all clicked together in Manja's mind. She looks over at him. The lake! Of course! Manja knew something suspicious was going on when the mob boss muskrat fled into the lake! It's so obvious now, in retrospect. The rat was going after the same treasure that they are!

Manja backs out of the boathouse. She doesn't want to show her back to the rats, so they don't chase her, and she hopes everyone else is prescient enough that they follow her lead and leave the rats' hideout.
Once out, she double-checks to make sure everyone else is safe and leaving the rat den, and then dashes off towards the beach where the first rat fled to. She's not sure what bridge Tuskfang was talking about, but the lake is definitely suspicious. Something's going on between the lake and the mafia rats, otherwise they wouldn't've been keeping that spyglass.
Post Reply