GLoG

Herein lies the various threads in which our characters live out their lives
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: GLoG

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
Sekhmet laughs and scoops the infant all the way into her arms so he doesn't fall with his grabbing. "Something that embodies me? That has to be my fire. Or maybe my shapeshifting." Sekhmet uses fire much more frequently, for all sorts of everyday tasks. Shapeshifting is intrinsically a part of her, but she doesn't use it quite the same way, the closest would be using it as the equivalent of makeup for normal people.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Demons and Demigods]

Bertin proceeds to squirm and wriggle, like babies tend to. Sophie smiles and lets him be, since he's safe with Sekhmet.

"We can try the fire, if you're willing. I can see myself using it more often than shapeshifting. Of course, we'd need to try it somewhere safe, if we do. Wouldn't want to burn anything down."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Jun 02, 2023 5:33 pm [Finding GLoG]

"I was afraid of that," Jezzari says in response to the mask being immovable. But she gets to work removing the stitches and disinfecting wounds. Reelshka, meanwhile, breathes out through her nose.

"That... won't be necessary." She doesn't accept the candle. "Our method of healing doesn't involve exorcisms. Or ghosts."
quillpleasant wrote: Jun 01, 2023 9:16 pm Finding GLoG

Harley shakes his head sadly. "If the mask was removable, I wouldn't be hurt in the first place. No, as far as I know there's no way to get it off." He rubs his hands briskly. "I have a very high pain tolerance, so do whatever you need to."

At Raheeda's exclamation, he pauses in confusion. "I got enough exercise getting here, I don't think I need any more..."
[Finding GLoG]

"Oh." Raheeda pauses for a moment but still attempts to hand over the candle. "But a ghost might still slip out of the wound. So just to be safe." She smiles and nods, though Reelshka is unlikely to see this cause of her mask.

Thankfully, Raheeda's attention span isn't especially long so as soon as Harley brings up exercise she turns back to him. "No, exorcism. As in the removal of ghosts, but it looks like they won't do that."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

Harley seems remarkably unaffected by the wound treatment, aside from tensing slightly as the stitches are cut out. He avoids watching however, instead looking over at Raheeda as a distraction.

"Oh, huh. Never heard of that. But I think the shadow ghosts are gone along with that relic, or at least I hope so. I'll take physical dangers over that any day."
horses can attack and eat me
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
"I, uh, can't imagine either of them would be too, uh, useful for a therapist," Sekhmet thinks, but she isn't going to refuse the request. "I, uh, have a couple other magic pupils," Sekhmet begins. There's only two of them, and one's Sekhmet's daughter. "But I have some rooms in my palace, uh, for that purpose." Basically a makeshift school. "But, uh, I wouldn't want to bring your kids into Hell," she finishes, hefting Bertin for emphasis.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

"If any ghost slips out, I'll spot it." Reelshka isn't actually sure if her sight applies to ghosts but she's relatively certain no ghosts will turn up and maybe this will put the topic to rest. "What relic do you mean?"

Jazzari will keep working as this goes on, disinfecting the wounds and putting fresh stitches in.

[Demons and Demigods]

Definitely not, no. Sophie shakes her head. "We'll do it later, when our kids are taken care of elsewhere. Your palace sounds like a good idea... though hopefully I won't set off any alarms going there. Otherwise there's Trick's lab. And no, I can't imagine hellfire being useful to a therapist. But it might be for my other activities. Getting into trouble on other people's behalf." She makes a jab at herself. "It might prove useful in getting people to avoid fighting me to begin with."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

Raheeda doesn't actually put the candle away and is left holding two a whole bundle of them as she continues the conversation. "Oh, it was a spooky... thing some pirates were doing a ritual with. I never got to see it since Harley handed it over to the dragon before I could. It was super-haunted though. One of its ghosts possessed Harley and I'm pretty sure it killed at least two of the pirates. Probably more."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
"It'll, uh, be fine," Sekhmet confirms. She's not too worried about bringing Sophie into her kingdom. Sophie was there once already for the summer party, and there wasn't a problem then. "Once you're ready, I can, uh, open a portal." Obviously getting the kids safely in daycare comes first.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

Harley nods along with Raheeda's story. "Yeah, it was like a weird crystal skull haunted by shadows. Gave it to a dragon who called herself the North Wind, and I was very glad to be rid of it. I thought you were going to have to kill me for a while there." He risks a glance at Jazzari's work, pleased at how much neater the new stitches are.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

Reelshka's ears dip as she listens. That's... somewhat concerning.

"Why did the dragon want it? And are you certain you're free of any possession? We can check for that if you want."

[Demons and Demigods]

"Right, let me just talk to someone here about Janos and Bertin..."

After a quick conversation with one of the daycare staff, Sophie will be ready to enter the portal.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

"Uh-oh! Better check that, yeah!" Raheeda exclaims while gesturing wildly at Harley. "I mean, I did try to exorcise him but then it turned out the ghost just left on its own." She then looks to Reelshka. "And Harley said it was the guardian of it which sounded pretty weird to me. I mean, I didn't even know dragons could talk." She leans in closer to the goblin, the the point where she's almost falling over the way she's leaning down.

"You... don't think he's still possessed, do you? Have I been talking to a ghost this entire time?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

Harley nods slowly. Reelshka's query has given voice to something that's been worrying him for a while now- namely, that there might be lingering aftereffects of the haunting. The ways things worked out almost seemed too neatly tied up, and he never expected things to go right.

"Better check on that if you can, yes. The dragon said that the shadows wouldn't trouble us anymore, but... who's to say." He shifts uncomfortably. "And yeah, she said she was its guardian, and she fed upon the shadows it produced. No idea how she lost it in the first place, or who the pirates were."

As his hearing is amplified by the mask's rabbit ears, Harley most certainly hears Raheeda's whisper, but he keeps quiet. Of course he's not possessed... but would he even know if he was?
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Gullara wrote: May 29, 2023 4:44 am [Birb Babysitting]

"Yeeees." The eager girl immediately starts petting Silver and giving him scritches under the chin. "I'm Eshe!" She adds, not getting so distracted as to not answer.

"My name's Orlane." The other replies. "Sakura just said someone new was coming, not anything about you though. You want us to take you to see her?"
[Birb Babysitting]

Silver was only too happy to let himself be pet, his tongue lolling out and his tail wagging. It wasn't long before the happy cub craned forwards, very enthusiastically attempting to lick Eshe's face.

"Nice to meet you both!" Kestrel beamed. "Oh, yeah, thanks, I'd like that." She paused, before adding. "Watchu doing with all those rocks, anyways? Building something?"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Delivery

A large (or rather, long) person departs from the main cabin, after delivering a box of medicine from Dorota to the workers of GLoG. A slightly feathery woman with a long, shimmering snake tail from the waist down, Artesia probably didn't need to do this in person but...well you can never be sure how fast shipping will take and HALO doesn't employ interns. So perhaps it was for the best that she simply do it herself.
She glances around, realizing she forgot to bring any water. She might have to ask around for some. She does need quite a lot of food and water to keep herself going. The drawbacks to being a twenty foot long snake as wide as a person.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

Reelshka covers up her yellow right eye with her hand, leaving her green left one open. She peers intently at Harley, the eye watering slightly.

"I don't see any spirits or ghosts possessing you. I think you're in the clear when it comes to that."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Finding GLoG

Raheeda peers curiously at the goblin. Quiet one, was she?
But why was she covering her eye? Was she channeling her inner pirate to figure out why they had wanted the relic?

Or... was something sad? She was crying! Was she feeling bad for the pirates that died?
Maybe she was a former pirate herself? The only pirates Raheeda had seen before today were ghosts so maybe there was some kind of connection there. Perhaps pirates covered their eyes like that to be able to see spirits and stuff?

"Oh, how can you tell?" Raheeda inquires as she tries to do the same thing and covers one of the sockets of her mask.
Hmm... Maybe if she peered a bit...

A Delivery

So there was a bunch of buildings and a bunch of people. Small people for the most part.
Was this some sort of breeding facility? That would make a lot of sense as she had heard some of her people could afford those. This was just a multi-species version of the same thing.

Then she suddenly stops in her tracks as she spots them from afar with their back turned to her.
An ancient one!
Could it really be true? She creeps closer as she considers the reasons why an ancient one would visit this place. Were they actually breeding other species to... no, that sounded simply awful. But she had to know.
But as she steadily approaches she realizes that she had no idea how to actually know without speaking to them. A thought which makes her hesitate. If she only had that silly reflective hat. Or maybe she did? It might be in her bag-

At this point she walks straight into Artie from behind.
"Ohwhah!"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Delivery

The snake-like woman falls forward, putting her hands out to avoid planting face-first in the ground.
”Well, that’s certainly a new one.”
This kind of thing was completely impossible with her old body. And with this one people usually just trip over the rest of her. The human part of her usually isn’t the part being bumped into.
”Are you okay?” she asks as she straightens herself, trying not to sound annoyed.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

A Delivery

Raheeda quickly retreats back, half-expecting a swipe, a bite or even some kind of mental attack. Which was exactly why she could have used that silly hat.

Yet none of it comes.

In fact as the ancient one turns around she can only stare at them(her?) in surprise.
"Why do you have wooblers?" She hears herself ask while pointing her spear at the beings chest.
"-I mean, yeah! Uh, I'm fine!" Raheeda was suddenly very glad to be wearing a mask considering how awkward she looked right now. "Ignore that. I'm very sorry to bother you."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

Harley shifts uncomfortably under Reelshka's magic gaze. He trusts her ability, but it's never fun to be scrutinized.

"Well, that's a relief. There's a lot better choices for possession anyway." He notices Raheeda mimicking the gesture and smiles under his mask.

"Good enough for me. Though I should probably avoid ghosts and cursed artifacts for a while, huh?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Demons and Demigods
Once that's done, Sekhmet opens a portal. A wave of heat blows out of it. "Uh, through here." In a moment, the two of them will be standing somewhere very different indeed...
viewtopic.php?p=16429#p16429
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Delivery

"Why do I what?" asks the fey, completely uncomprehendingly.
"Uh. Okay. Have a nice day." she continues, still very confused. She starts to turn and slither away...
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

A Delivery

"Wait!" The masked woman declares. "I, uh, wanted to ask you something." A beat. "N-not about the wobblers, I mean, are you a yuan-ti? I'm new here so I don't really know anyone or anything. So it would be good to talk to someone who did."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

Reelshka looks up at Raheeda and some gears shift in her head. She realizes that she has to adopt her "talking to children" voice when speaking with her. Something she's quite practiced at, both with her own children and those visiting the daycare.

"My left eye lets me see spirits. That's why it's green, my natural color is yellow. It's a gift from my husband's patron spirits." Or rather, her husband's parents... but they don't spread this around. Then she looks up at Harley again. "I'd say those are best avoided at all times."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

"Ohhh..." Raheeda moves her hand away from the mask. "That's cool." She nods to Reelshka.

"But speaking of spirits and stuff, how much do we, uh, owe you guys now? For all the healing I mean."
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Finding GLoG

"That's a very impressive ability," says Harley politely. Would have been very helpful when dealing with the shadows.

At Raheeda's question, he pushes himself up onto one elbow with a grunt. "Uh, yeah, I don't actually have any money. But I can work, or pay you back later." Probably should have mentioned that beforehand. Oh well. "I'm good at heavy lifting- or I will be when I get better."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Delivery

"Huh? No, I am a fey of House Wadjet. You're a newcomer, then? Well, you picked the right place. The people here take care of people who need it. I...don't know what a yuan-ti is." she admits, glancing around. Clearly some sort of snake-person, if she's being mistaken for one.
Considering the reaction some people have, probably for the best that people don't recognize her as an orobou.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

A Delivery

As the masked woman uses the term 'yuan-ti' strange memories starts to stir within Artie's mind. Memories that feel alien yet are her's all the same. But it isn't the word itself that's triggering these memories. Since it is only through the nexus she even understands what the woman is saying at all.
No, it is the concept that she uses which is triggering something which feels like a memory long forgotten.

Artie can recall stumbling upon an opportunity to do something great.
To learn more about mortals than anyone had ever done before though a series of psychological and chemical experiments.
This involved giving willing mortals orobou essence which would eventually lead to the creation of something resembling what this woman meant, serpent-people.

Of course, then things started to really spiral out of control...

"F-fey?" Oh no! "Well... um, sorry but that's private actually. It's yuan-ti business to know what yuan-ti is. Not fey." A beat.

"Sooo... one of these is your house then?" She looks around at the camp ground, not sure what a 'Wadjet' was. Maybe each house had a name? Or a symbol?
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Finding GLoG]

"We don't charge for help. We're a charity." Good thing they didn't inquire too much about spirits. It's not a topic Reelshka is strong on, despite being married to a shaman. Charity business is what she deals with. "We do take donations from those who can afford them. If you can't, but want to repay us, helping out is welcome as well."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Finding GLoG]

"A... charity." Raheeda knew what the concept of charity was but this was a bunch of people just doing that?
Sounded suspicious. Yet still... "Okay, I guess I can donate a soap." She reaches into her robes and pulls out exactly that and hands it to Reelshka with a grin, not that the goblin can see that. "I've only used it like three times."

She digs further into her robes and pulls out four copper coins. "Oh and these." She puts them on-top of the bar of soap. "Is that enough of a donation?" Her hand is reaching back into her pocket in case it wouldn't be enough. Since she had plenty of stuff in there.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[ ]

A woman falls out of a tree.

She closes her eyes (wait, are those eyes?) and rubs her hip, which is what hit the ground first. "Ow...why do trees have to be so massive?" she says to herself.

She flicks the base of the tree a dozen times.
"Hey, wake up."

She lies in the dirt, stretches, and yawns. A pixie flies onto her, and she opens her eyes. (Oh, those actually are eyes. Perfectly normal eyes, apparently.) "Hey, good morning," she tells the pixie.