The Twofold Houses

Personal homes and private lots.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: The Twofold Houses

Post by Gullara »

[Front Door]

Lucy takes a second, but when she speaks she seems to have regained some of her confidence. Though she still clings to her dad. "Uh, we got tonnes of flowers. My mom's a dryad, but I'm a dryadeer. Um, no, but my grandpa is a tree."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Bun in the Sun

Calanthe brightens as Adir joins the group, and she watches him offer drinks and lift the kids up in the air with an amused smile - but then all the attention turns onto her. The rabbit blinks and then seems a little nervous, her eyes moving up over Adir as if properly assessing him for the first time. Oh dear, did he always look so tall? "N-now, I don't know if I'm entirely-"

"Yeah, you should try it!"

"Dad won't drop you! He's super strong!

The witch looks around at the clamoring babs, then back over at Adir with a surprisingly shy smile. "Well, if the kids insist...."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bun in the Sun]

Sakura follows after Adir and stands on the outside of the group, behind the gathering row of children. She puts her hand over her lips and giggles to herself. Oh she hopes Adir isn't putting Calanthe on the spot too much, but she thinks the rabbit would push back if she were really uncomfortable.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Woblin Sleepover]
► SHOW SPOILER
Calanthe simply nods in amused agreement as Tuskfang protests against his two friends disrespecting bugs, a soft smile on her lips. "I hadn't realized you found me so boring, Cernunnos. Perhaps I will have to take your remarks under advisement," she muses, raising a hand to her chin and pretending to think about what he's said as if it was cause for serious concern.

Not everything in her demeanor is playful though, as she does raise an eyebrow to see the two boys react to the idea of dating a boy in such a way. Was such a possibility not something they had been taught existed yet? Surely not when the Frescots' closest family friend was in a relationship with another woman herself? Still, perhaps it was worth using this as a moment to potentially teach something.

"I wouldn't judge so quickly, you two - why, you may be surprised when you get a bit older. I didn't think I would ever have any interest in dating boys for quite a long time myself." She smiles.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Woblin Sleepover]

"Yeah! Mom says it's normal. People date all sorts of other people." Tuskfang nods vigorously, then adds: "Goblins can't usually grow beards. But Uncle Grimip says he'll try. Mom says I can grow a beard someday if I want to, because I'm a woblin."
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Front Door]

"I've never had a babysitter before are those fun?" Annie replies to G'Nichi, utterly undercutting his threat. "My mom was just a regular mom."

But now Annie is a headless dog ghost thing.

For...

Reasons?

Probably.

"I really like flowers is it okay if I look at them?"

How is she supposed to look at this if she hasn't got any eyes?
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Aug 14, 2022 11:43 am[The Big One Oh]

Wenomir holds the Answer in a fool's guard and circles Ambrosia slowly, observing her. Then he begins the bout by suddenly rushing forth and aiming an upwards sweep at her. This is something he's been teaching Cora - strike quickly and decisively. Even if your strike doesn't connect, the enemy might be on the back foot. He's moving much more quickly than Cora usually sees him move, though.
[The Big One Oh]

An upwards sweep against her defensive posture?
At the same time he does, lighting flashes in the distance but no thunder can be heard yet.
Ambrosia responds not by moving out of the way but by shifting her grip on the ricasso on her sword upwards while coming down with the blade against the base of Wenomir's sword like an executioners axe. Trying to use its superior weight and size to pin her opponents blade against the ground.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Front Door

"A babysitter is someone who makes you follow rules when the adults are out." G'nichi informs Annie with all the gravitas his voice can muster.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Front Door]

Adir is just trying not to be amused at the babysitter exchange. He glances down at Lucy. "Your choice, kid. You're always helping mommy take care of them. Should we show her the garden?" he asks gently.

[Woblin Sleepover]

"You don't have to tell us that, you guys. We're not babies. Dad says we can love whoever we want," Cern rolls his eyes at Tuskfang and Calanthe, likely parroting something Adir said without filtering the difference between dating someone and loving them. "Boys are fun but kinda gross."

"You're gross."

"You're gross!"

"Isn't your whole body like a beard?" Gwydion points out to Tuskfang, ignoring his brother. "You're all fluffy!"

"You should grow a cool-guy mustache. Mom says she doesn't know if we'll get beards or anything because we've got flowers instead of hair."

[Bun in the Sun]

Adir flashes a grin around at the clamoring kiddies. He gives Calanthe a slightly apologetic look, smiling still, and extends his hand. "Don't worry. I've done this a thousand times. Got a pretty good track record."

The stag will squat down slightly and try to gently pick up Calanthe. He holds her in a bridal carry, figuring it's the most comfortable for a fully grown adult. One arm around her back, the other under her knees. "Okay, ready? Hold on to me!"

Adir will squat, take a couple running steps, and taking a flying leap through the air. It's a surprisingly smooth ride and landing - Adir takes most of the shock. They're both sprayed with water as they arc above the yard, Adir's feet trailing blades of grass. Calanthe might realize she's briefly level with the gutters above the second story of the house before they begin their descent.

The kids explode in a chorus of cheers.

The stag adjusts Calanthe in his arms as they skid to a stop, glancing down at her. Holding her feels... oddly natural. "You okay?" His breath makes his chest puff against her. He smirks gamely. "Wanna go again?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Front Door]

"There's some flowers right there!" Lucy points out the boxes on the windowsills. Clearly Annie needs to pay closer attention. This is a home laden with flowers. "But we got lots more in the garden. Wanna see?" She glances at her dad, but she already has his confirmation that it's okay. She's really starting to ease up now.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bun in the Sun]

"Oh!" The rabbit gasps as Adir scoops her up, wrapping her arms around the towering man's shoulders and leaning into his chest. It strikes Calanthe for perhaps the first time just how well built his body is - and, she realizes with a glance to the ground, how uncharacteristically small she feels in his grasp.

Calanthe holds on tight when they catapult into the air. Her pale hair flutters with the motion as her sarong trails below her, and this close together Adir can feel her quickening heartbeat, the way she gasps nervously - and when they reach the apex and the rabbit realizes they've nearly crested the height of the house itself, he'll feel her hold on for dear life and bury her head into his chest, eyes wide at the sheer distance this man can carry her.

Upon landing, it takes a moment for Calanthe to let go. She sets her bare feet back down on the grass, her heart still pattering a little. "That was- well, it was maybe a bit more adrenaline than I expected to feel today," she admits with a self-conscious laugh.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bun in the Sun]

Sakura laughs and claps as the two sore through the air. "Oh my goodness!" She comes over to where the two landed. "I can't believe you let him do that."

"Daddy! You went higher with her than you did with me!" Laurana complains, running over as well.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Woblin Sleepover]

Calanthe looks approvingly at the three kids, a glimmer of amusement in her eyes as she hears the three banter. She turns back towards Gwydion and Cernunnos and offers them a friendly smile. I've never been fond of beards either, I'll admit - but I would not worry. Regardless of whether it's something you'll be capable of, I'm sure you'll all be dashing young men someday." The rabbit's smile becomes more of a grin as she waits for their reactions, sure that they will not approve of such a sentimental suggestion.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Woblin Sleepover]

"Yeah!" Tuskfang nods vigorously. Cern's advice seems sensible to him. "I can grow a really big mustache! The kind that goes all the way up to my ears."

[The Big One Oh]

Wenomir slips his sword out from under Ambrosia's with a practised motion and steps forward to try and sneak a thrust past her guard. He'll continue to slip back and forth, in and out, a blurry shape flitting around Ambrosia's defences. He's putting his speed against her strength and reach.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Front Door]

The yeth hound looks suitably horrified by G'Nichi's proclamation.

Which...

It's questionable how that's apparent.

What with the lack of face and all.

But she still pulls it off admirably.

Regardless!

She'll wriggle out of G'Nichi's grasp and drop to the ground with a delicate tinkling of fine brass chains. "Yeah! I want to see the garden it sounds pretty. Did you plant any of the flowers yourself?"

Planting flowers can be tricky when you don't have any hands. BUT! Annie can dig a pretty mean hole if she wants to.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Front Door

G'nichi gives Adir a particular look. A look that questions if Adir is comfortable leaving his daughter in the presence of a spooky fairy dog. Because if he doesn't, that's perfectly okay. But he can't say that out loud. Harming Annie's confidence in herself or making her think she's a monster could severely damage the recovery of her soul. So instead he remains silent, letting Adir make the call.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[The Big One Oh]

Bending her blade upwards she just manages to block the thrust with her guard despite his attempt to sneak past it.
Then Wenomir goes on the offensive with a lunge-and-retreat tactic. Ambrosia responds to it by changing her grip on the blade so its leaning slightly to the side so the dull edge of the fuller presses against her palm rather than her fingers.

Wenomir's quick motions puts her on the defensive but while it almost looks like she's using her sword as a spear it does have a key-advantage in this situation. It allows her to slash at incoming foes.

So each time Wenomir comes in for another thrust Ambrosia attempts to shift to the side out of his reach and then let the momentum of her movement carry over into a side-slash. Hoping that its superior length will allow her to catch Wenomir in the flank or the leg each time that he lunges. If he comes in from another direction she shifts her grip on the ssangdo to allow her to slash in the other direction.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Big Talks]

The Mithar family (and Jezebel) have gathered together for dinner as they do every day (minus Jezebel).

However, this dinner is not like like the others. Why else would Jezebel be there for it?
So once everyone starts finishing their meals Cessie will ask them to stay as she wants to tell them something. "Children, as you know, Lady Tel'Vree and I have been together for a while now and now she has decided that she wants to move into the keep with her children. The frescots already sleep over here all the time but they will be staying here permanently which will be quite different for you I imagine." She eyes her children and then Jezebel who is sitting besides her.
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Wolfbane »

[Big Talks]

Jezebel and both her children are there, and they'd most certainly had enjoyed their dinner as well. There was even promise of a cake that Charles had made for everyone. Jezebel, polite and more than a little nervous, lets Cessie speak first and takes a slow breath to steady herself, watching the children carefully but not too intensely. Ariel and Sergei both listen intently, eyes flickering over to their mom and then to the other children for a moment, trying to piece it all together. Sergei, ever frowning, seems to catch on a bit and seems to be working it all out in his head, whereas Ariel has a glint of barely contained excitement to her face. She practically vibrates in her seat but has the good manners not to talk just yet. The two clearly didn't seem to know exactly what was going on, but Sergei seems like he has figured out enough that he simply nods, quiet. That eases Jezebel and she turns to the other children with a light smile and gentle tone.

"I know this is a big change, for all of us, but I was hoping you could open your arms and home to us. To Sergei and Ariel. It is...lonely for them back in the Gardens and I would like it and be grateful if you could treat them as more than just friends, but as family, as brother and sister."
Ariel clearly perks up at the word "sister".
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Big Talks]

The three Mithar kids listen intently to what their mom says, and then to what Jezebel says. Even Cora is attentive for the whole time; they can tell this is something important.

"Wow, really? They're gonna live here all the time?" Cora asks with all the excitement of a kid learning they can spend a lot more time with a friend.

"Like family?" Jillian chimes in, starting to piece this together.

Bastion, who's been looking quite contemplative, cuts right through it all. "Are you going to marry Jezebel, mom?" After that all the kids are looking intently at Cessie.
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Big One Oh]

Ambrosia's maneuver works; her blade catches Wenomir's thigh and his momentum is interrupted. Thus Ambrosia has scored the first hit of this duel. In response, Wenomir performs a risky, sudden and daring maneuver. He steps back nimbly and leaps, somersaulting above Ambrosia in a dizzying arc and lands behind her, where he launches a series of rapid, criss-crossing wide diagonal slashes, hoping to catch her off-guard and overwhelm her.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Front Door]

Adir cuts it down the middle. He'd been planning on that the whole time. Generally speaking he's not really comfortable letting his kids run around with strangers. Regular kids, ghost dogs, or otherwise. "We can all walk around the garden together." He nods to G'nichi. They can probably follow Lucy and Annie to where the flowers are.

[Bun in the Sun]

Adir's breath is just a touch faster than it might be ordinarily. Admittedly that was a pretty big jump. He can still feel his heart rabbiting a bit from all the exercise put together.

As the older man lets Calanthe down and her feet touch the grass, he notices an involuntary pang of regret when he has to let her go. Calanthe was the first woman other than Sakura that he's held like that in a very long time. The pang is immediately washed over with a smidge of guilt. It's hardly appropriate to think about how nice it is to hold the help in his arms.

Adir runs a hand back over his sprayer-slick hair and rumbles with good natured laughter. "Well, we're always good around here for a little excitement. Stick around, you'll see."

Then, oh dear, a bab has called him out. He blinks and raises his expressive white brows. "Did I? Now Laurie, honey, what would I do that for?"

[Woblin Sleepover]

The boys may yet surprise her. "I'm already dashing," Cernunnos decides, crossing his little arms and closing his eyes for a moment with an imperious flare of the nostrils.

"Uh huh. Dashing into trouble, out of windows, into ditches..." Gwydion muses. He looks at Tuskfang and giggles. "Yes, that'd be great!"

"Are we gonna go talk to mushrooms, or what?" Cern asks, giving Gwydion the stink eye. The lighter-complexioned twin was maybe slightly better with banter than his brother.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Big Talks]

Cessie nods to Jezzy in agreement with what she just said. "We believe that it would allow you two-" Her gaze shifts to Ariel and Sergei. "-to have more friends to play with considering how often the Frescots and other kids come to visit us."

Then her attention is turned back to her own children and she nods to them as to answer their questions. "Yes, yes and yes. We haven't really agreed on a date or much else for the wedding yet but it's our ultimate intention." She takes a deep breath through her nose. "-I know it might be a lot to handle at once but I think it will be great. Don't you?" Their mother smiles reassuringly.

[The Big One Oh]

That's the craziest maneuver Ambrosia had ever seen. So far Wenomir had fought her within the realm of ordinary swordsmen, if much faster, but this was more of one of those things that only he and others at his level were capable of.
Perhaps she could have countered it if she had some reason to suspect he would be pulling this but as it was she just managed to turn around hoping to just be able to parry him. But as he goes through a whole range of attacks in such a short time she takes a blow to the shoulder while she's trying to retreat out of his range.

That would make them even now and she silently cursed herself for not being prepared for that. But the fight was far from over and she assumes a new stance. Holding her weapon lower than before while starting to move towards Wenomir.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bun in the Sun]

"I can't believe that I allowed it either," Calanthe responds with a soft laugh, smiling back towards Sakura. Hearing Laurana protest though, she kneels down to speak with her. "I'm sorry Laurana, I'm sure neither of us intended for that. Perhaps we can play a little more together - and when we come in, I'll let you choose the first popsicle from the ones we were making earlier today, okay?" The rabbit smiles.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bun in the Sun]

Laurana's pout is legendary. She's not so easily fooled, Adir! But she can be distracted. She turns to Calanthe, her eyes bright? "I can? Ooh, I want a purple one." The little girl does a little excited series of steps back and forth between her hooves.

[Front Door]

Lucy nods to her dad and then step away from him to start rounding the house. "Uh huh. I help mommy with the garden a whole lot." The house is large, but they're on the other side in short order. The garden back here is truly sprawling. Thankfully the back large is very large or there'd be no extra space for activities. The garden starts right up to the house with elaborate flower beds and pots, transitions smoothly into garden boxes and patches, then back to flowers again in the periphery. The garden is also loaded with ripe fruits and vegetables. Adir knows that means work later today when it cools down a little. "Here it is!" She declares.

Also back here, towards the tree line a little ways away, there are other kids at play. Three young girls with hair covered, hooved legs are standing at the base of a somewhat strange looking tree laden with pink flowers. They're looking up at a fourth child, their older sister, as she scales the tree steadily. Adir of course knows this is Sarget, but that might not be all that apparent to their guests given he's quite still right now. Adir also knows that two of the three 'triplets' might be more startled by Annie than Lucy was.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Woblin Sleepover]

"I've never seen a mustache that big before! A few very impressive beards, though - you'd be shocked to see how much care some wizards put into theirs." Calanthe watches the two kids bicker again rather patiently, suppressing her amusement. Gwydion did have a quick wit.

"Of course, Cern. Shall we see what mushrooms we can find out and about, then?" She looks over the three with a smile, and if they answer in affirmative, she will lead them out into the yard and perhaps the outskirts of the nearby forest.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Front Door]

Annie trots along after Lucy, paying little attention to the children playing in the tree spirit nearby.

Why?

Because she has her attention fixed on something far more immediately important.

"They're so pretty!" she declares, bounding over to a great big mass of flowers and just shoving her whole...

Uh...

Lack of head?

Into them.

When she pulls back again the ghostly presence where her head ought to be is all covered in petals and pollen. Maybe her head is just invisible or something?

[The Big One Oh]

And now?

Now is the perfect time for Lapis to poke at Cora with her elbow.

"Aren't their moves the best I love them! Mister Wenomir is so fast!"

And jumpy.

He is also very jumpy. But not like scared jumpy. Like JUMP! jumpy.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Woblin Sleepover]

"Yeah! Let's go talk to the mushrooms! Come on, Hornclaw." Tuskfang's attention, always quick to jump back and forth, shifts to the promise of a conversation with mushrooms again.

[The Big One Oh]

After scoring a hit, Wenomir approaches Ambrosia more cautiously, knowing she will be expecting such daring maneuvers now. He tests her defences by a quick overhead chop, but wary of a counter-attack.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Front Door

G’nichi is happy to see Annie having a good time. She needed this, he thinks. Now he can just hope Lucy’s siblings can accept her too.
”It’s a very pretty garden. You must be proud.” he says to Lucy (and really everyone else as it sounds like a family affair).
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[The Big One Oh]

Cora is absolutely entranced by the spectacle of the sword fight. She lives for this sort of thing. Her spectating has been littered with cheers and shouts as the two maneuver. "Yeah! Wenomir's the best. He's gonna win." Cora declares, heavily biased.
~Images by Soushiyo