The Twofold Houses

Personal homes and private lots.
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Re: The Twofold Houses

Post by Wolfbane »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 15, 2023 1:45 pm Great Assets - Evening Tea

Cessie gives Jezzy a puzzled look and then walks up around the table to reach out to touch and touch her fiancees chin as she's rubbing her eyes. "Jezebel, I never even want to try operating one of those vehicles. I know that you pride yourself with your capabilities but that's hardly some great personal failing. Not when you're so good at so much else."

She smiles.

"Besides, Charles must feel useful occasionally doesn't he? The only thing that hasn't changed since you were a child. Now that's just precious."

The sorceress takes Jezebel's hand and gives it a squeeze. "Now, I think you remember our rules about weapons. So as long as those things didn't end up anywhere near here I think it's alright. Nothing you need to stress yourself up about."

Cessie leans up against the table as she gazes into the tall lavender woman's eyes. "As for your sister, you've already told me that. In fact, you've warned me about each one of your sister in one way or another. Being even half as dangerous as you are makes them rather terrifying in my book. So as much as courtesy tells me otherwise I won't take the initiative to visit any of them any time soon."
Her eyebrows raise. "Unless you had other plans? Since I'm not quite sure what they mean to you. It sounds like you all have a complex relationship."
Great Assets - Evening Tea

Jezebel smiles up at Cessie, reaching up to cup her cheek. "I don't really consider it a failure, but it does aggravate me a little that I can't drive well, yes." She admits, drawing her hand back to lean back in her chair in consideration. The question as to what her sisters meant to her was a good one, and while she had thought on it before, it clearly put her in deep analysis of it all. "My sisters are...family. For what remains of my House at least. And I like to think that no matter how far they fall, there is still some of my sister left in them. And for now I can see it. I hope that by keeping those bridges open, they'll keep the last of that humanity in them rather than losing themselves entirely to what lays beyond the veil. That said, I know Vritaxx likes you, and Bellan would probably get along with you even though she's more martial than I ever was. The other...I don't know. I just don't know."
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

"Not sure how to feel about Vritaxx liking me considering that she is on the verge on losing all her humanity." Cessie admits. "She did seem human enough last time I meet her but then again I'm not sure what being a daemon is actually like. But if you were both able and willing to reverse it, so could they right?" She places her hand on Jezzy's shoulder.
"All they need is a push, right? Like you got."
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 15, 2023 1:22 pm [An Uncertain Conversation]

The sorceress is left blinking. It wasn't often Sakura raised her voice, even just slightly, so it was quite effectual.
"...you're right. I apologize." She attempts to take Sakura's hand and give it a gentle squeeze.

"I made you sound like misbehaving teenagers." Cessie let's out a small sigh.
"But I do like to put emphasis on communication though. Since it doesn't sound like you know what kind of relationship you want yet and Calanthe is probably just as confused as you are right now. Therefore, you and Adir should talk to her together and figure out how you want to go from here. Since if you decide to, well-"

She clears her voice. "-'extend the bonds of the marriage' as my sister put it, the children will need to know as well." Sakura might get a feeling that despite her occasionally scolding tone this wasn't the first time Cessie had heard about this sort of thing.
"They are very much a part of your relationship after all."
[An Uncertain Conversation]

Sakura lets out a breath and smiles slightly. At least until Cessie gets way too ahead of herself. "Cessie, Cessie, we did talk, but we're obviously not going to figure out everything with a single conversation." She protests further, though less strenuously than before. "We're just going to... feel it out and see where things go." It's not as though Sakura even knows what the end result of her strong infatuation for Calanthe should be.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"Alright." Cessie replies as she tilts her head, giving Sakura a curious look. "I know very little about the situation so I can't say that much more. Just don't wait too long with telling the children if that's the path you'd like to take. I know that I would have found that nearly impossible. Was hard enough to tell them that Jezebel and I were together."

But at least this didn't involve divorce. So at least she wouldn't have to explain that if it indeed would come to that.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 16, 2023 7:46 pm Great Assets - Evening Tea

"Not sure how to feel about Vritaxx liking me considering that she is on the verge on losing all her humanity." Cessie admits. "She did seem human enough last time I meet her but then again I'm not sure what being a daemon is actually like. But if you were both able and willing to reverse it, so could they right?" She places her hand on Jezzy's shoulder.
"All they need is a push, right? Like you got."

There's a fair bit of irony about Jezebel regaining her humanity only to be transformed into a demonic form again. At least this time she could say her will was entirely her own. She reaches up, squeezing Cessie's hand and gives a small smile. "I honestly couldn't tell you if Vritaxx has lost more of her humanity or is just being her usual incredibly introverted self. I'm leaning towards the latter. Throw her at a party and she would short circuit faster than anyone else. At the very least she still has her empathy. Bellan however..." She leans back a bit in thought. "I think she just enjoys things far too much to just cast it off entirely. She may love combat and bloodshed, but she's also a poet and liked to draw too. I actually kept one of her journals full of drawings and poems. I know she's still there somewhere, but I wouldn't know how to retrieve her out of it. She lived for the thrill of combat even before her ascension."

Then, the last sister, gets a sigh. "And I know even less about her. The "blessings" that her patron gives her are possibly the most scarring of all. The fact that she still has some form left and hasn't...changed into one of the Greater Ones is all that I can see that shows she is in there somewhere. But considering how...mirthful their kind are, it would be difficult to parse out what is her and what isn't. If we're honestly wondering about dragging the three back from the Warp, she would have to be last. They would know more of her than I do."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"Introverted? While my meeting with her was brief I never got that impression. But if that's the case I find it rather ironic that she's the only one that have talked to me." She sits down on the table and turns to her fiancee. "What if we invited her? Or Bellan? Perhaps not to the keep but some more remote location where they would post less of a danger. Since you did say you wanted to keep in touch with them and I think this would be the best way to do so." And they could also inform them about their plans...
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

"Um, yeah probably. I guess it just feels like thinking really far head right now." Sakura says uncertainly, but then she shrugs. "But like I said, we'll figure it out. I'm jus glad I don't feel like I'm keeping something from you. It'd be awkward."
~Images by Soushiyo
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

With Cessie sitting on the table, Jezebel leans forward to rest her arms and head on Cessie's thighs. Normally she would tease or take advantage of it, but she definitely appears to be lost in deep thought. "...if we invite Bellan, she would honor it. She is trustworthy to a fault. Justice, Honor, Noble Tradition, she exemplifies them all. I may take Noblisse Oblige to heart, but so does she. Maybe that's how we can reach her. As bloody-minded as she may be, there is still a noble there inside." She reasons before sighing a little. "If only it could be redirected. For me, turning away from the Fell Prince was due to realizing that going from one god to another did nothing to actually guarantee the safety of those who meant anything to me. It was a huge shock to my mind and soul. I don't know if something similar would work for her or if it would need to be more gentle on the psyche."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"I would certainly have felt awkward once I learned of it. Well, a lot more awkward than I'm feeling right now at least." She takes a sip from her tea. But like it she should let her head cool down a bit now.
"But... if we go back to what you first told me, who exactly initiated the 'activity'?" Cessie would probably have used another word if there weren't children within the same building as them. "Since you never gave me the impression that Adir had the same feelings for Calanthe as you had. Or that she returned them."

The sorceress doesn't seem to mind Jezzy placing her hand there but this was also the privacy of her home so she was more open to that sort of things even with the children around. "You say 'we' invite them but I think it should be you that should be the driving force here. Since I don't want to come off as an outside force coming in to change your family. But if she's so bond by honor she must realize that this 'god' that she follows is hardly concerned about such matters. Since from what you've told me they're not bond by any code at all." Besides that magic is for wimps and nerds perhaps.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

"As amazing as it sounds, her god of choice actually is quite honorbound. It represents justice and duty and honor as well as blood and war. Even if the latter aspects are the ones typically in control of its followers." Jezebel points out. "There is one other idea, but it is rather dangerous. Mostly for her. It would take very careful preparation and would be to cut her off entirely from The Warp. If there is anything left human of her, it may afford her old self the opportunity to see herself in new light with no outside influence. It could cause pain, and a lot of psychological distress, but her mind and soul would be entirely uninfluenced for a time. It would also strip her of all power, but in honesty I think this would be too drastic of a step unless there are no other options."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 01, 2024 2:08 pm [An Uncertain Conversation]

"I would certainly have felt awkward once I learned of it. Well, a lot more awkward than I'm feeling right now at least." She takes a sip from her tea. But like it she should let her head cool down a bit now.
"But... if we go back to what you first told me, who exactly initiated the 'activity'?" Cessie would probably have used another word if there weren't children within the same building as them. "Since you never gave me the impression that Adir had the same feelings for Calanthe as you had. Or that she returned them."

"Um, well." Sakura rubs the back of her neck, some of the embarrassment. "Well Adir already knew about my... crush. And I think Calanthe started to catch on while we talked. They were teasing me, and then it seemed to come out of nowhere from both of them. I think I wasn't reading the room well up to that..."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

That's certainly one way to react to teasing.

"So you're saying that 'they' initiated it?" Cessie asks for clarification. "If you're not comfortable telling me the details that's fine but I just don't want to misunderstand anything." She takes another sip of tea.

"And how is Calanthe taking it? I'm barely familiar with her so you might need to fill me in with some more details there."

"Those 'aspects' seems more like masks to me. Like ways to disguise its hideous nature." The sorcress shrugs. "But what do I know? I'm not even from around there."

She let's out a small sigh. Why did you always get yourself involved with such problematic people, Cessie?

"So a ritual that would cause a lot of psychological distress and potentially destroy or render her mentally crippled? Which is no doubt going to be unwilling too, isn't it?" Cessie shakes her head. "Feels like I have enough of this at work." She gestures for Jezebel despite that they're nearly next to one another.
"Come over here and give me a hug. All this talk about your sisters is distressing both of us."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

"Well I didn't. I don't know which one of them had the thought first. I was the last to know." Sakura explains. They got the jump on her! "Not that they didn't ask first, but..."

"But, uh, I think things with Calanthe are good. I think she was a bit nervous at first, but things are pretty normal now. Um, we haven't done it again. Yet."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Yet.
Cessie's mind put particular empathize on that word as Sakura choose to include it almost like an afterthought.
"Well, such things are only natural." Indeed, she would be more concerned if Sakura hadn't been nervous and awkward about this business. "Whenever a new element is introduced to a relationship there's bond to be ripples. One needs to take time to let the pond calm down again to be able to see yourself clearly again. To know that you feel comfortable with how things have changed." Metaphors her sisters often used while discussing their own relationships with her. Sakura would be familiar with them at this point.

"Considering the alcohol and a trip away from home it was an unusual occasion. Exotic even. Those that are rare to come by. When the ripples have calmed and you've returned to everyday life that's when you see your reflection the clearest and can see how you feel about the new arrangement."

Cessie reaches out to take Sakura's hand. "Of course, the greater the change the greater the ripples which means the longer it can take to find yourself again." Which is when she gives it a gentle squeeze. "So try to take your time." Her gaze finds Sakura's. "And by that I mean not those dedicated to children, I mean some time alone when you can think."
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[The Widening Gyre]

It begins with a feeling of pins and needles running down the spine.

Normally that sensation might not have an immediately discernible source, but today there's a distinctive direction to it.

Above the Mithar Frescot House a dark cloud has formed, rotating slowly and gradually expanding into a broad spiraling disk. Dark and stormy, crackles of unearthly colored lightning lick across its surface. A sourceless wind tussles through the yard, catching debris in little whirlwinds and carrying with it a deep sense of foreboding.

Those sensitive to magic will feel something dreadfully wrong from the growing storm. It isn't some natural storm full of simple thunder and rain, a manifestation of raw elemental power.

No, this is an unnatural thing with dreadful intent behind it.

Wind and drops of rain begin battering at the windows.

And then?

There descends a single stroke of lightning, splitting a tree near the house with violent force, hurling splinters everywhere and catching the remains alight. And from that burning wreckage slithers forth-!

A SNAKE!

Not like.

A giant snake or anything.

Just a pretty regular sized snake.

Like the sort that a kid might carry into the house in their pocket against the express wishes of their parents.

A little horned serpent with scales of steel, its flicking tongue a forked bolt of lightning.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Cessie has such a way with words sometimes. Sakura pauses for a moment to take all that in. "Yeah, you're right. It's a lot to think about. I don't know when I have that kind of free time, though." She giggles, not entirely serious. "I'm sure I'll get more chances to talk with those two about it too. It just needs more time."

[The Widening Gyre]

The commotion is more than enough to startle the kids playing outside today. Never mind that the result is a small snake, lightning struck a tree! Kissa and Malachi spring up from where they were hurling snowballs at each other. They exchange one look before they scramble inside.

Sakura, after receiving the news, does two things. First she calls Cessie and lets her know what's happening, based on her limited perception. Then she goes to where she knows Calanthe is nearby watching over Finian. "Calanthe?" She calls, the two kids trailing in her wake as she enters the living room. "Something's happening outside. It's some kind of storm, but it seems weird."
~Images by Soushiyo
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 12, 2024 8:00 pm

"Those 'aspects' seems more like masks to me. Like ways to disguise its hideous nature." The sorcress shrugs. "But what do I know? I'm not even from around there."

She let's out a small sigh. Why did you always get yourself involved with such problematic people, Cessie?

"So a ritual that would cause a lot of psychological distress and potentially destroy or render her mentally crippled? Which is no doubt going to be unwilling too, isn't it?" Cessie shakes her head. "Feels like I have enough of this at work." She gestures for Jezebel despite that they're nearly next to one another.
"Come over here and give me a hug. All this talk about your sisters is distressing both of us."

Jezebel almost responds to the first few statements, but Cessie's request for the hug just gets her to smile. Without saying anything initially, she stands to pull Cessie into a hug using both her arms and her wings. "I am not upset or distressed really, more concerned. For me, for you, and for my sisters and anyone else who get involved." She says softly, running her hand through Cessie's hair to enjoy the closeness and comfort it brings. "There is no pretty answer. At least, nothing as pretty as you are." She adds with a smile.

She leans her head down, resting her forehead on Cessie's with her eyes closed, still smiling. "I promise I won't do anything drastic or stupid about this. I swear it. But you're right, that's enough for now." With a thought, she reaches out to close one of the folders on her desk. "And enough with the taxes and assets too. The rest can wait until morning."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

The hug is returned, Cessie's hands reaching down to squeeze at Jezzy's waist as they embrace. "To always be concerned about one thing or the other is to be distressed since it takes its toll." She let's out a small sigh. "And you of all people deserve to just feel happy for a while. To just relax."

She closes her eyes as Jezebel rests her head against her own, wishing she could bury her face into her lavender skin.
But as her fiancee closes the folder she suddenly recalls something and looks up to meet the other woman's gaze again. "But that actually leaves one matter which actually doesn't involve either of us. Do you know the new nanny Sakura have hired? Calanthe." Jezebel might recall a woman with bunny ears that often can be seen safeguarding the Frescot children.

"If you want me and my employees can come over one day and just take care of everything. The kids and I could even have a little sleep over, leaving you three to do whatever you want." Cessie offers.
Neither of their children would consider it odd at all considering how close the two families were.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Jezebel opens her eyes, looking down at Cessie when the question is asked, and mimes the long ears. "The one with the...rabbit ears? I admit, I don't know much about her and am oddly curious as to if those ears are actually functional or cosmetic, but I doubt that's an appropriate thing to ask her so I'll live with that unanswered. From all appearances, she seems capable." Jezebel muses for a moment. "She would have to be in order to help wrangle so many children. What about her?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Cessie smiles widely and let's out a giggle at Jezebel's impression of bunny ears before she catches herself and quickly sits up properly, straightening her back. "Erm, they're her actual ears I'm pretty sure." She had never catch a glimpse of any human ears and why would she have two sets? That would make even less sense.

She was pleased to hear that she and Jezebel were on the same notion here though. It was rude to speculate on someone's unusual bodily features. "But she describe herself as a 'witch', capable of, well, some sort of 'magic'. Though I've never actually spoken to her for more than a few minutes so I can't say that much more about it."

She pauses, why had she brought up Calanthe again? Oh, yes.
The awkward part.

"...well, apparently, she, Adir and Sakura-" The sorceress takes a short intake of air. "-had a threesome together. Sakura told me so herself. Apparently all parties are perfectly fine with this."
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Jezebel raises an eyebrow at the talk of Calanthe being a witch, and she looks a little surprised when Cessie explains why she brought up the bungirl. She breaks off the embrace to lean back against the desk and crosses her arms, thinking on it and sorting her thoughts. She seems like she wants to be particular and precise about what she wants to say. "As far as their love life goes, I cannot say I am entirely surprised. Or that my opinion on it should even matter to them. If all three are good with it, then what they do behind closed doors is entirely up to them and I will wish them well. To be entirely honest, I am more surprised it hasn't happened sooner." She gives a small nod before taking a deep breath and letting it out. She reaches out idly for her tea before finding it still to be empty, and with a sigh she goes to pour another cup from the set.

"As for my reservations, I would say I have two. The first is succession, but that's a truly big if and one they will need to sort themselves entirely. And that was one issue they would already have to face with so much progeny. A second bloodline is now a possibility if it is a truly serious relationship and a discussion the three should have." A sugar cube to take the edge off the bitterness of the tea that's set a little too long, and she swirls the cinnamon stick again before taking a sip. If Cessie needs a refill, she'll take the time to pour and make a cup as Cessie likes it.

"The other is actually that Calanthe is hired. To me, that is a line that dictates a lot of the standards of behavior between nobility and others. It isn't a line that can't be crossed, but from your tone I imagine it isn't just a whimsical dalliance with a maid or stable boy as some Lords and Ladies are wont to do in some circles. It feels like it is more considered perhaps and more emotionally and romantically charged. It is a moral quandary now. A matter of positions of power over someone they've hired. It is a potentially sticky situation and a stressful one that I hope they can work through without issue. If they're to keep it up, they should actually make her a true member of the House and provide her a position that could be passed down a familial line, such as Charles in my house though he has never had a child of his own that I know of. It would still be construed as improper where I was from, but at the very least it would be "kept in the mansion" as it were and not seen as an affair with an Outsider or a snub from a married Lord to his wife or the reverse. Just backroom gossip at the worst rather than an outright scandal." She reaches up to rub the bridge of her nose for a moment, shaking her head and giving a sigh. "More importantly, it would mean it isn't money that's driving it appearance wise. I know enough of Adir and Sakura to know they would never just pay someone for this sort of thing, but I can't say what the thoughts of other outsiders would be and being confronted with such an accusation would be ghastly."

"That chance occurrence is what I fear for them more than anything."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"Then you're less shocked than I was since this was nothing something I expected Sakura to do." Cessie admits as Jezebel expresses her lack of surprise at hearing this. "Sakura and Adir aren't-" It felt almost like her lips was trying to resist the next word she had placed on them. "-swingers. They might be less rigid than you and I but I never took them to be the kind of people that opened up their relationship for others like that."

Then again, hadn't that been what Adir's father had been doing? She suddenly recalled getting that impression after meeting him. After all, Adir had apparently been the one taking the initiative (along with Calanthe) so perhaps this had been something he had been raised into? Not that she believed him to do anything untoward to his wife in this, he had after all been well-aware of Sakura's desires and it seemed he had in a way followed her whims, not his own.

After all these years she would give him the benefit of doubt and trust that he only had his wives best interests in mind here.

As all these thoughts go through her head she nearly misses the part where Jezebel starts discussing her concerns about the whole ordeal. This was expected of course but she didn't think she would get into so many details. Especially the first concern which after her own initial questions to Sakura after hearing about this felt like something that she should dismiss.

"The notion of a twin bloodlines is absurd though don't you think? They're all adults and while this was the result of sudden passion than something they had planned they know better than to let Calanthe be pregnant. Sakura told me so herself." Cessie makes a dismissive gesture as to shut down the debate regarding that. If only to not be reminded of her own embarrassment for thinking the same thing.

"As for your second point, that's where we are in more agreement. Since you're quite correct. This is not a casual fling and Calanthe is not a low-ranking stable boy which either of them can dismiss so easily. This is deeper, Sakura have talked to me in great dept about her attraction to Calanthe but I never thought she'd act on it." She just had never told Jezebel since it didn't seem relevant until now.

"I did express the problematic nature of the power dynamic of the relationship they're creating and it seemed like she intended to think about it. Perhaps your solution of making her an official part of the family could be something she would consider.
I never heard about a marriage involving more than two partners though, not one based on equal power between the spouses at least. But it sounds like you're suggesting... well, I don't even have a word for it. 'Family servant' hardly does it justice now does it?"

Just thinking about all this made her head swim with unsavory possibilities which suddenly seemed plausible. She trusted them to do the right think but she also hadn't expected them to end up in this situation in the first place, did she?
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Jezebel takes a sip of her tea, listening and eventually deciding to place a gentle hand on Cessie's shoulder to help guide her to a seat, taking a place right next to her. It certainly was a topic that seemed uncomfortable for her, and Jezebel was going to provide the comfort she could. "And here you were, afraid of distressing me out." She says with a wry smile as she puts a wing around Cessie. "I've a lot of advice I could offer or recommend, like the position being a Majordomo or the like, but honestly, I'm not sure that's important at the moment or even the right thing to talk about." She decides.

"Are you okay? It sounds like you're actually incredibly shocked or conflicted about it."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

The sorceress let's out a small sigh as she feels Jezzy's hand being placed on her shoulder as her wing then wraps around her. "I suppose I'm still in a bit of a shock. But I'm also concerned about how they will resolve all this. I want to trust them but I can't help but be worried as well. Since it's a really complex situation isn't it? Inviting someone into a relationship like that." A beat. "Or am I just being silly? I can't tell honestly."
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Jezebel smiles and kisses Cessie on the side of her head. "You're not being silly. You're being concerned for your best friend. It's complicated, messy, and you just want to be certain that she isn't going to be hurt in the future about it. It is entirely understandable." She says, trying to reassure her. "But I will say that the die has been cast now. They are the ones that will have to figure out how to make it work or not. We can support them, help when asked, but ultimately they are adults and we need to abide by their decisions." She's fairly certain that Cessie knows all this already, but sometimes hearing it from someone else helps. "Though I'm also always here for you to talk about it to. Rant even, should you feel the need. My lips are sealed on the matter outside of this room."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 20, 2024 11:15 am [An Uncertain Conversation]

"If you want me and my employees can come over one day and just take care of everything. The kids and I could even have a little sleep over, leaving you three to do whatever you want." Cessie offers.
Neither of their children would consider it odd at all considering how close the two families were.

"Ah, maybe. We'll see." Sakura replies considering. There's really too much to think about. This whole thing was a lot easier in those moments where thinking went out the window. She guesses she's just paying back a debt for that. "But let's stop worrying about that right now. I'm not built for worrying about things."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"You shouldn't have become a mother then." Cessie replies with an amused smile. "Each child increases the risk of worrying exponentially, you know that right?"

"I know you wouldn't betray my trust." Cessie assures her, since if she didn't they wouldn't be talking marriage. "And I certainly wouldn't share this with anyone else since I don't want to betray Sakura's trust either."

But that reminded her of something else she had to talk to Jezebel about. "Since we share nearly everything with each other, even our sexual experiences. Thought that one might be my fault." The sorceress chuckles.

"In my family, or at least with my sisters, it's not strange to share that sort of thing. At least when there were no one else around. So when Sakura and I became friends I didn't see any reason why we shouldn't even if she probably didn't think of it the same way."

Cessie's eyebrows raise.
"But I do hope you're okay with that. I always figured you were but I should make sure."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Jan 20, 2024 3:07 am [The Widening Gyre]

The commotion is more than enough to startle the kids playing outside today. Never mind that the result is a small snake, lightning struck a tree! Kissa and Malachi spring up from where they were hurling snowballs at each other. They exchange one look before they scramble inside.

Sakura, after receiving the news, does two things. First she calls Cessie and lets her know what's happening, based on her limited perception. Then she goes to where she knows Calanthe is nearby watching over Finian. "Calanthe?" She calls, the two kids trailing in her wake as she enters the living room. "Something's happening outside. It's some kind of storm, but it seems weird."
[The Widening Gyre]

Sakura finds Calanthe sitting on the bed with Finian cradled in her arms. "It's alright Finian, the lightning isn't bad. You know they say that these kinds of storms happen when spirits have a grand party, yes?" She smiles before Sakura draws her attention.

"Oh, yes! I had noticed," the witch agrees. "The weather doesn't feel natural to me either. I can't explain how exactly." She looks to Finian and the other kids with a smile. "But we will all be safe in here now, won't we?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Sakura giggles. "Sometimes, but I think you're more of a worrywart than me in that area. I pride myself in my positive outlook." She nods, self assured.
~Images by Soushiyo
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[The Widening Gyre]

"The house is very sturdy shelter." Sakura agrees with a nod. "But Kissa and Malachi say lightning struck a tree outside. I see smoke, so it might be on fire. Can you check with me?" A little bit of worry enters her tone then. It's not raining, so it could be a problem.
~Images by Soushiyo