The Twofold Houses

Personal homes and private lots.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: The Twofold Houses

Post by Gullara »

[Bedtime]

Sakura's heart skips a beat. Ohhhh noooo. She puts a hand on her cheek and turns her face away momentarily. She only looks back out of the corner of her eye. "I could... let you do that. Sometimes." She musters some strength and looks fully back at Calanthe. "I think you'll find I'm made of sturdier stuff than that, though." She laughs, a little breathlessly.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Wolfbane wrote: Oct 27, 2022 11:42 am Expedition To The Frescots

A good part of the reason Jezebel suggested the camping was to make sure her kids had plenty of space to get used to the many Frescots. The other part is that she wanted to be sure that neither Sergei nor Ariel would develop the same constant unease of open natural areas that she had. Growing up in an enclosed hive city certainly had its downsides. Thankfully for all present though, it wasn't she who had drove them all and Charles pops the trunk so everyone's bags could be easily gotten to.

Once introductions are finished of course.

Ariel is practically vibrating as she slips out of the vehicle right after Cora, excited to see everyone and everything, Camping was new, the Frescots were new, and she was ready to take in all the wonder. Sergei takes a moment to try and head to the back of the vehicle to go get bags, but Jezebel shoos him off to join the others and the older boy looks momentarily lost before following along. Jezebel brings up the rear of the group, tying up her hair as she walks and does a quick headcount. It wouldn't do to have anyone lost already.
Murkus wrote: Oct 28, 2022 3:59 am [Expedition to the Frescots]

Children! A veritable bushel of tiny feet and clamoring voices spills into the main hall of the Frescot domicile. The Mithars and Tel'vrees are quickly surrounded, as the little ones appear from the stairs, from the living room on the right, and from the larger chamber toward the back of the house all at once! Most are already dressed to go and fitted with their sneakers or tiny pairs of hiking boots. A chorus of different greetings pipe from the little ones, and the other kids - particularly Ariel and Sergei - might well have been overcome with questions about the Tel'vrees if not for one child's timely intervention.

"Heyyy!" Laela pipes, putting her hands on her hips. She's in a long green dress, not unlike one of her moms, and a pair of sneakers with glitter and sequins so they seem to be covered in diamonds. She looks around at the Frescot kids, who have at least gone (mostly) silent. "Listen up you babies. There's too many of you to be talking all at once! And somebody's gotta keep you in line. So, since I'm oldest of all, and smartest, I'm gonna be in charge on this trip. Got it?"

More clamor, nose-thumbing and squeaky voices follow, but the volume is significantly reduced from before. Laela will try to wave at the Mithars and Tel'vrees, smiling.
Gullara wrote: Oct 27, 2022 2:12 am [Expedition to the Frescots]

As soon as Cessie opens the door the three kids flood in around her. Cora first, of course, but Jillian's eagerness almost matches. It's Bastion who takes it easy and stays close by his mom.

"We're here!" Cora announces. Surely that prompts a response from the inhabitants, but the fastest will arrive first.
[Expedition to the Frescots]

Cessie looks at Laela with amusement. She certainly hoped she wouldn't wear that when they went camping though despite how appropriate it looked right now.
She's silent though, wanting to see how the kids would interact. Since Laela had spoken up she didn't see the need to intervene.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Oct 29, 2022 3:47 am [Bedtime]

Sakura's heart skips a beat. Ohhhh noooo. She puts a hand on her cheek and turns her face away momentarily. She only looks back out of the corner of her eye. "I could... let you do that. Sometimes." She musters some strength and looks fully back at Calanthe. "I think you'll find I'm made of sturdier stuff than that, though." She laughs, a little breathlessly.
[Bedtime]

Calanthe chuckles, entirely failing to pick up on the actual cause of such a gesture. Sakura really wasn't used to compliments, was she? "Well, I suppose I'll have to find some reasons to tempt you into it." She thinks for a moment. "I actually have a handful of nature documentaries I've been meaning to watch, if you'd be interested. Unwind, listen to some beautiful creatures, maybe teach you how to make a couple patterns?" She tilts her head to the ice-blue thread she's begun to work into the scarf.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bedtime]

Sakura grins. "Sure, I'd love to. Do you know which one you want to watch first? I've been to lots of different kinds of places, so mayne some of it will be familiar to me." She muses.

Cora makes her way right over to Laela, and upon seeing the eldest Frescot, Bastion breaks free from the adults and joins them. "Are you ready to go, Laela? I've never been camping before; I'm so excited!" Cora exclaims. "Bastion's excited too."

"I can talk for myself." The boy complains. He turns to Ariel and will beckon her over if she hasn't joined them yet. "Ariel, have you been camping before?" He thinks to ask. No need to ask Laela, with how outdoorsy the Frescots are.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bedtime]

"Oh, really?" Calanthe quirks an eyebrow in surprise. "I would never have guessed you to be so well-traveled, you must have been quite the wild one before you settled down." It's hard to picture Sakura anywhere else than out in the gardens or just generally surrounded by kids.

Setting her needles down, she picks up a nearby remote and flips through an on-demand catalog. "I was thinking perhaps something about birds, though there's plenty of options. I hear there's a rather unique one on various urban animals in Skyside, for instance."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bedtime]

"Oh that'd be neat. That's definitely not something I already know about." Sakura agrees readily.

"And Sarget and I used to barely stop moving from place to place. He has all kinds of stories from before I was born, too." She explains. "It's only when we came here that we settled a bit, though Sarget still goes for long walks."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bedtime]

"Birds it is then," Calanthe declares, turning on an episode about parrots. Video of a kea appears onscreen as she returns to her crochet, snuggling gently up to Sakura with a yawn. Sarget? I don't think I've really taken the chance to speak to him, truth be told. Was there anywhere interesting you can remember visiting?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bedtime]

"Oh, it's been so long and it was so many years. It'd be hard to narrow down." Sakura laughs lightly. "One thing I always loved it that in one region almost every community were built around they great, fat trees." She makes a circle with her arms to represent their girth. "They're called baobab trees, and were very important to the people there. Actually Sarget was one of those trees. He tells me one day he just woke up and walked away. I bet that was quite the fright!"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Bedtime]

"Baobab trees? I don't think I'd ever seen one before I met Sarget," Calanthe admits, watching the woman mime their size with another gentle titter. I hope he didn't disturb anyone's home, I can almost picture some poor soul waking up to realize their entire house is moving!" Being used to forests like those around the Frescot house, Calanthe's immediate assumption is something like the treetop villages you'd see in those.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Wolfbane »

► SHOW SPOILER
Expedition to the Frescots

Ariel and Sergei are almost immediately overwhelmed by the sheer number of them, but they quickly take action and immediately go back-to-back so they at least know they aren't going to be dragged down by the bab-al wave. Even so, both are polite and will put up with quite a bit of physical interaction as they answer greetings in kind and make sure they are careful not to bump or otherwise knock into any that get too close. Thankfully though, Laela comes to their rescue and they both let out a breath of relief.

Jezebel gives a smile and a wave, standing politely to the side next to Cessie. "...when she grows up, we're going to have to watch out if she can control and guide all of this. She might try to show us a thing or two." She whispers with clear amusement and...almost excitement?

Ariel brushes a bit of hair out of her face (only for it to fall right back) before waving and grinning broadly as if being overwhelmed nearly didn't happen. "Hi!! I'm Ariel Tel'Vree." She says, giving a perfect curtsey. Her brother takes a moment to toss his braid back over his shoulder and bows. "And I am Sergei. And if anyone wants, yes, I can pick you up." He promises. Sergei knew those would be cursed words, but his mother did tell him to make sure he was friendly and nice, and his clear size difference promised at least a few distractions and advantages.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

"Sure I'm ready! I just can't believe you two have never been camping before," Laela says, looking at Cora. Then she glances at Bastion. "Or maybe I can. But we'll fix all that! We're gonna make smores, and catch frogs, and stargaze, and all the good stuff. You guys have never seen the stars a bit farther from Inside, huh?"

Laela raises her eyebrows at Ariel as she crosses over, probably parting the sea of babs as she goes. "Now she looks like she goes camping. Hi, Ariel. I'm Laela." She will let the girl answer Bastion's question otherwise.

The other smaller kids continue to bother Sergei, shaking his hand (or just tugging at one of them) like they've seen their dad do. At least he doesn't get any requests to pick him up... but one boy in particular stares up at him. This particular boy has an oddly steady gaze for a little kid, and he varies from the other Frescots by more than the normal margin. His skin is a soft green color, and his hair seems to be a tall cup of rose petals, as if a very large flower were growing on his head.

"You're tall," he states, simply. That apparently warranted informing Sergei.

"Are we leaving right away?" Gwydion will walk up to ask Cessie and Jezebel, Cern and Lucy trailing him.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bedtime]

Sakura giggles. "Oh it's a pretty open area in that region. So I think he could get out safely. Sarget wouldn't hurt a fly either, so he'd be careful. Oh I loved when we'd visit those communities. They's always be so happy. I think they saw us as a good omen." She puts a finger on her chin.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Wolfbane wrote: Nov 15, 2022 12:34 am Expedition to the Frescots

Ariel and Sergei are almost immediately overwhelmed by the sheer number of them, but they quickly take action and immediately go back-to-back so they at least know they aren't going to be dragged down by the bab-al wave. Even so, both are polite and will put up with quite a bit of physical interaction as they answer greetings in kind and make sure they are careful not to bump or otherwise knock into any that get too close. Thankfully though, Laela comes to their rescue and they both let out a breath of relief.

Jezebel gives a smile and a wave, standing politely to the side next to Cessie. "...when she grows up, we're going to have to watch out if she can control and guide all of this. She might try to show us a thing or two." She whispers with clear amusement and...almost excitement?

Ariel brushes a bit of hair out of her face (only for it to fall right back) before waving and grinning broadly as if being overwhelmed nearly didn't happen. "Hi!! I'm Ariel Tel'Vree." She says, giving a perfect curtsey. Her brother takes a moment to toss his braid back over his shoulder and bows. "And I am Sergei. And if anyone wants, yes, I can pick you up." He promises. Sergei knew those would be cursed words, but his mother did tell him to make sure he was friendly and nice, and his clear size difference promised at least a few distractions and advantages.

"I think it's best to not let it get to her head. She can already be a bit dominant." Cessie whispers back with a smile matching Jezebel's.

She had a lot of experience with Laela and her growing number of siblings so she knew what sort of hierarchy the young one had managed to establish. Perhaps it was just something the oldest one had to do in the face of so many siblings.
Cessie then turns to look at the approaching Gwydion. "Depends on how ready you all feel. There's so many of you that Ariel and Sergei might start to feel overwhelmed. So we'll take it nice and slow, okay?"
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Nov 15, 2022 11:31 pm [Bedtime]

Sakura giggles. "Oh it's a pretty open area in that region. So I think he could get out safely. Sarget wouldn't hurt a fly either, so he'd be careful. Oh I loved when we'd visit those communities. They's always be so happy. I think they saw us as a good omen." She puts a finger on her chin.
[Bedtime]

"Mm, that does make sense," Calanthe muses a little belatedly, watching the screen in front of them without much real focus as the results of the hectic day beforehand starts to truly catch up with her. The witch starts to drift off, only vaguely conscious of the way she slumps against Sakura's shoulder. Drowsily, she mutters, "I suppose I'd think of you as an auspicious sight as well," and falls into a deep, heavy sleep.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Bedtime]

It takes Sakura a moment to understand what's just happened, and she titters quietly to herself. "Oh no, we do wear you out." She coos under her breath. It's okay, though. Sakura can sit and watch the show like this. She pushes some hair out of Calanthe's face first before shifting as little as possible to get comfortable. It's not long before her head leans against Calanthe's and she's drifted off as well.
~Images by Soushiyo
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

"Uh, we've seen the stars here, dummy." Cora chastises with a grin.

"I didn't think mom would like camping." Bastion confides in a low voice. "I don't know why she's coming too."

Jillian greets Gwydion with a smile when he comes over to them. "Hi! Do you have all your stuff? I think that's all we need." She replies before her parents can.

It might strike Ariel and Sergei that the Mithar kids are entirely unperturbed about the dryadeer chaos surrounding them. They've long since adjusted to this environment, and from a young age too. Even if it does offer a sharp contrast from their own home life. it speaks to how much time they spend over here.
~Images by Soushiyo
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Bedtime]

Adir is just finishing up a movie with the kids and getting up for more popcorn when he comes upon the pair on the couch. His mouth quirks up in a clever little smile and he stalks to one side for a moment, moving soundlessly on the pads of his feet. He will gently slide a comforter over the two ladies of the house, tucking it in around them with gentle motions, and leave them to their rest. They certainly deserve it.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

► SHOW SPOILER

Sergei looks down at the mostly quiet boy, mostly quiet himself even as he gently takes the stray hand tugging at him and lifts the child a few inches off the ground, whichever child it might be. He knew they might just want to shake his hand, but as the designated "big kid" he felt at least a little obligation to amuse them all with his size and strength. "I am." He replies simply, feeling almost kindred to the odd boy. He reaches down, offering his hand, a silent offer to be picked up as well. When he hears Cessie's gentle warning to everyone, he looks up towards her. "I'll be okay." Sergei promises.

"We've only ever seen the stars of Riverside and Inside."
Ariel chips in. "And I never saw stars where I was born, so I'm excited to see more if they're different or clearer out here." She adds, clearly looking so as she tugs at her outfit to get it straight and comfortable. "And we actually haven't camped much. Not many places in Riverside to do so that mom said was safe to."

Jezebel shoulders the bags a bit more and gives a smile to Gwydion. "I think we have everything, and even if they're unfamiliar with so many, the two should get along fine. How far away is the camping spot?"
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

"Okay! Don't worry, we'll help manage the others. We're getting good at it, me and Cern," Gwydion says dutifully. Cern sticks his tongue out at this when his brother can't see. Gwydion raises his eyebrows and looks at Jillian when she pipes up helpfully. "Yeah, we're all packed! I guess you can help too," he grins.

"No, doofus!" Laela counters Cora, keeping her fists characteristically propped on her hips. She nods to Ariel. "Even from here, Riverside ruins them. It's called light pollution," Laela explains as if she were the very highest authority on light pollution. "When you get far enough out, everything looks different. You'll see."

Lucy has somehow appeared in this conversation, now. She moves around quite swiftly. "Aunt Cessie's coming along because she's in such deep looove with missus Jezebel." Lucy clasps her hands beside her head and drawls the word 'love'. "They're gonna have another baaaby."

"Yuck, Lucy!"

Sergei ends up lifting a little tow-headed brunette girl with deer's ears and deer's feet, who looks quite happy to be airborne. Russell shakes his head at the offered hand, though. "Getting picked up is for babies," he declares flatly and without much emotion. Just a fact. Cassandra, the girl in Sergei's arm, sticks her tongue out at the green boy anyway. Despite this declaration, Russell will hold Sergei's hand, peering at it.

It seems like the Frescot brood is ready to go.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"I'm afraid we're not going to have any babies, Lucy." Cessie corrects with a smile as she overhears their conversation.
"But Laela is quite right. The stars are seen much better out there in the wilds." She might be exaggerating just how much light pollution a single house could cause though, especially as it was easy to turn it all off. It was worse at the Mithar keep however considering how close to Inside they were.

"Since I've been on camping a lot of times actually. As I had to survive out in the wilds for quite some time." Something which might surprise everyone but Jezebel and her own children depending on if they had shared this story with the Frescots or not.

Then she looks over the gathered group. "So is everyone ready then?"
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Nov 27, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

"How can you see more stars than out here? That doesn't even make sense." Cora objects. There's already so many!

Bastion, less distracted by the friendly bickering of the other two, wrinkles his nose at Lucy. "Only your mom and dad have that many babies." He corrects. He's certainly noticed by now that his auntie and uncle are quite atypical.

"Then we're ready! But where's Uncle Adir and Auntie Sakura?" Jillian's forgotten that Sakura won't be coming due to her pregnancy.
~Images by Soushiyo
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Cassandra finds herself picked right up and scooted right onto Sergei's shoulder without much issue. As long as she doesn't tug too much on his braided hair, she'll find herself a welcome perch up there. He'll let Russell take a look at his hand as much as he wishes, wondering what the strange boy was seeing in him. It felt almost...deeper than just looking. Was he Wyrd? Sergei didn't care either way, and at least Russell and Cassandra were welcome distractions from the conversation of his mom and mother having a kid. "If anyone gets tired of walking, just let me know."

Ariel doesn't have too much to add, but she practically vibrates in excitement at getting to see so many stars. And from camping. And from so many people. "Where are Lady and Lord Frescott? Are either coming with us?" She asks after a moment, curiosity beating through her silence.

"Another child is something we would have to talk a long time over before we decide to have one."
Jezebel explains gently, a bit surprised at how the teasing was, how accepting they all seemed to be over it, and just how delightfully...forward they seemed. Well, that was certain children. Cessie will practically feel the amusement pouring off of her. If any of them love space that much, she would have to see about at least finding a shuttle up for a quick trip. "I'm ready to go whenever everyone else is."
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

"Fear not, good ladies," comes a voice on the lighter side of the masculine range, drifting from the rear rooms of the great house. "I won't leave you alone to be devoured by the horde." Adir comes loping out dressed in jeans, hiking boots, and a blue-and-white flannel shirt. He scoops up two of his littlest as he goes, depositing one on his shoulder. He might try to scoop up Jillian in one of his arms as well. "Nor you, little lady. How are you, Jillian?"

"And you must be Ariel and Sergei," says Adir, stopping short of the Tel'Vree kids. He smirks at Cassandra up on Sergei's shoulder and Russell holding his hand. "Making friends already, too. Nice to meet you." The towering snow-haired man shifts his burdens and extends his hand for Sergei (and Ariel, if she likes) to shake. He knows it meant a lot to him, as a mere boy, to have a man offer him a handshake as a sign of respect and acknowledgement. The least he can do for the younger generation is pass that on.

"Now, at risk of permanently recruiting you kids into my child-support army here..." Adir glances around. "I think we're all ready if you ladies are," he affirms. The kids pipe up with their agreement.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

"I wasn't aware we were fearing your children, Adir." Cessie remarks with mild disapproval judging by how she was suddenly crossing her arms over her chest. He was really leaning into that joke about how many children they had, wasn't he?
She glances at Jezebel with a raised eyebrow. "Are we?"

"But yes, we've been ready since we came here and the children are more than ready by the looks of it."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Jillian squeals and laughs as she's scooped up by Adir. "Hi uncle Adir! Are you coming amping too?" She grabs hold of him once he's settled her into place in his arm.

"Yeah we're ready to go!" Cora encourages. Now that it seems things are moving she's getting pretty antsy to get going.
~Images by Soushiyo
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Expedition with the Frescots

When called out by Adir, Ariel gives a perfect little curtsey in greeting. Despite being a coiled spring of energy and excitement, she has it under enough control to at least give a proper greeting to the man. Sergei would bow, but he didn't want to tip his rider off his shoulders, and is thankful when the hand is offered. He's tentative, cautious, but eventually takes it and responds to the shake. Adir would know that the only real "father figure" Sergei and Ariel have would be Charles, their elderly manservant, but he did seem capable at it at the very least.

Jezebel tries to choke back the laugh that boils up when Adir mentions the risk of dragging them into his "child-support army", but it comes out a little. The laugh gets turned into a cough as she regains control and she straightens her face a little. "Yes, quite."

She'd probably pay for that laugh later.

She takes a moment to get a clear headcount of all those present, having to retake it a couple times, but eventually she gets a consistent number. "I can walk behind, make sure that no one sneaks off or gets too distracted." She offers. With a group this big, with this many children, it wouldn't surprise her in the least if at least a handful tried to split off from the main group.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Adir laughs. "You should be afraid, Cessie. In the woods, no one can hear you scream in frustration. These kids can be real terrors. Right kids?" Only about half of the Frescot kids were actually paying attention, but they pipe their agreement. Terrors, mmhm. Adir grins at Jillian with genuine warmth. "'Course I am, little lady. Someone's gotta teach you all how to put together a fire. And how not to burn your marshmallows."

Adir won't try to squish Sergei's hand or anything. His grip is firm and precise, then it's gone. He smiles at having made Jezebel laugh. "Ah! Lady Jezebel knows the proper marching procedure. Excellent," Adir says. One parent in front of the gaggle, one in back, that's how you have to run it. "I guess that means we can get going, then." The children squeal and bark out in delight. The stag will try to lead the whole flock out the back of the house and in the direction of the woods. Off they go!
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Cessie shakes her head at Adir even as the kids seemed to agree with him. If he kept telling them that of course they would share the sentiment!
She wasn't going to argue the point anymore though as she was pretty sure Cora and some of the other children would start to run ahead if they stood around here talking for much longer.

Once they have started marching she walks up to Jezebel and gives her a pat on the butt shoulder. "You should clearly hang out more with Adir considering that you've clearly not learned how awful he is yet." She remarks with a wink. "Who knows? Maybe you find out that you have a lot in common." Cessie didn't but considering how Jezebel had found his joke funny she and he at least seemed to share a sense of humor.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

"You're not supposed to burn them." Jillian protests with a giggle. All of Cessie's children are universally more receptive to Adir's antics than she is.

Once they start walking the big kids take lead. That being Cora, Bastion, and surely Laela too. "Come on, Ariel. Stick with us." Cora encourages if the other girl is lagging behind at all.
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Children and Swords]

Wenomir is coming to the Mithar Keep in time for Cora's sword lesson. This in itself is a normal occurrence, but this time he has someone else with him. Lucien, Geneviéve's young son and Cassandra's little brother, is accompanying him to take a closer look at the lesson. The intent is also to have him meet kids his age and hopefully make friends.