Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"More like Rakswhat up with you. Since I don't even know what that means." Libra giggles, gesturing at Skye.
"And I just told you who I was, duh! Weren't you listening? Libra. Libra's my name." She nods and once again offers her hand to shake. "So what's your name? Since you look kind of, uh... sad-ish? Mad-ish? Like... rough?" She seems to start considering what word to use.

Tags:
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Desire for Blue

It's not divine magic- it's diabolic magic. And it's constricting the unicorn's lungs with barbed and heated tendrils. Pulling it out might be doable, but the barbs will cause a lot of damage, and the spell is just sentient enough to be sadistic.

The unicorn thinks a moment, turning its head to look at Jace with its blind eye. You could take my blessing. Look after this place, when I am gone. I shaped it from places others forgot, left drifting between spaces. The unicorn's blessing might not be this space, depending on what it means.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Jace raises an eyebrow.
"This place is...lost memories? Or places lost to the Nexus? I admit I broke a few pieces of it..." Whoops. But perhaps the unicorn won't mind a broken demon altar and a few dead centipedes.
"But just...taking care of your home. Aye, I can do that if it's your last request. Though I don't know how to care for such a place. I could ask Eudaemonia, perhaps..." Having a goddess as someone you know is helpful for taking care of a domain.
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Desire For Blue

Interesting you think there's a difference. Well, that's not cryptic at all. No, not just taking care of my home. Accepting my blessing. This realm mostly looks after itself, though bits may drift away or drift into it. The architecture will not deteriorate without outside influence, for example. It's somewhat questionable if the plants count as outside influence.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire for Blue

Jace inclines his head in a shallow bow. The unicorn is more formal than Eudaemonia. And Jace was formal even to her.
"Well, I would be honored to be blessed by one such as you. Though I did not ever get your name."
He opens one eye "Though I suppose I should ask what sort of blessing it is."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Shadowcaller wrote: Sep 30, 2023 5:14 pm [Lost in the Wyld]

"More like Rakswhat up with you. Since I don't even know what that means." Libra giggles, gesturing at Skye.
"And I just told you who I was, duh! Weren't you listening? Libra. Libra's my name." She nods and once again offers her hand to shake. "So what's your name? Since you look kind of, uh... sad-ish? Mad-ish? Like... rough?" She seems to start considering what word to use.
[Lost in the Wyld]

She's quiet for a moment, before responding, "Skye. My name is Skye. I wandered into the chaos outside reality to escape infecting people with my corrupt power," she seems rather resigned to having it. And terribly, terribly lonely. As if she feels she shouldn't be talking to Libra, but can't bring herself to go away after so much time without someone to talk to.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Desire For Blue

The unicorn seems to smile before 'knighting' Jace with its horn, dubbing it on both of his shoulders. A useful one, for your cursed child. They need a blue unicorn. You'll be telepathic, obviously, and determined. That's the important thing. Unicorns are pure, and you are pure of purpose- as I was. No longer, alas. The unicorn turns to regard the wizard with its good eye, as the fire on the grate flickers and starts to die. This might not be what you want, but it's what you deserve and what you need. I'm sorry I cannot guide you properly; you are telepathic, and can impose or remove determination on those around you- to an extent, at least. Goodbye, Jace Vallarm, Unicorn of the Bluewood. The unicorn lowers its head, closing its eye and the fire goes out.

The transformation isn't instant; Jace has just enough time to remove any items of clothing he doesn't want to ruin, but not much longer.
Last edited by Earl of Purple on Oct 01, 2023 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"Oh geez, you do sound sad." Libra remarks. "You know what? What if I do something nice for you? Like say, a wish or something of that effect?" Libra tilts her head and looks at Skye curiously. Her eyes shining as bright as stars.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Lost in the Wyld]

Skye clearly considers it for a long moment, unsure of how to approach the offer. By the logic of her homeland, a wish-granting creature is to be avoided; it'll inevitably go bad. But there's one very important thing to Skye that she hasn't had a chance to ask for, that her curse is driving her for.

"I... I shouldn't be telling you this, really. But I crave... attention. Love. Adoration," it's a pained admission.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"No, no, no. You should definitively be telling me this!" Libra insists as she tosses back her hair of starlight. "But before I grant you all that I guess I'll let you in on a little secret on my own. See, I'm sort of a minor celebrity around these parts. Or was one at least. So I'm doing a bit of a, shall-we say, new brand. Branding. Bra... hmm... whatever it's called?" A beat. "Do you use a bra? Actually, nevermind."

With that complete non-sequitur done she continues. "Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what people actually like and despite everyone keeping insisting it isn't so I keep getting pings on boobs 'n transformations. So I think people are just lying to me. Though I dunno why'd they do that."

She strokes her star-chin. "So tell me a bit about yourself first, Skye. So I grant the wish properly I mean. Are you some kind of... superhero?"
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"I'm no hero," she says, frowning. What as all that about 'bras'? Skye isn't even clear on what that word means, "I was a devil hunter, seeking dark powers to end their threat to the people around me. Unfortunately, I was captured by one such being, and exposed to a cursed artifact that seeped into me. I fought to keep control of my mind, but the power within has corrupted me; it drives me to steal hearts and win adoration."

Though, one could argue that's kind of like a superhero.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Desire For Blue

"What?" asks Jace a little dumbly. "Oh." comments Zebes.

Depending on how exactly unicorns work it may be more of a conversion than a transformation. Jace is a mortal with a mortal soul while a unicorn is a magical creature between spirit and fey. Or was. As a unicorn, it's possible his soul is no longer part of him as much as it is him much like how fey, spirits and celestials work. Thus as his soul swells into a more powerful mystical creature his body changes as they are no longer separate units.
Naturally, the first thing that happens is the appearance of Jace's horn, growing gracefully from his skull in a mirror to the one pointing at him from the elder unicorn's body. If someone was very quick-thinking they might realize that becoming a unicorn is a good time to undress. Jace, however, is busy becoming a unicorn while in a completely dark room. Fumbling with buttons in the dark is hard. Fumbling with buttons in the dark when you have a layered outfit and your hands are turning into hooves is much more so.

Jace is thankfully dressed in an outfit that is half magical items. As his body grows and his new hooves are pulled to the floor his bracers shift accordingly to his new forelegs. His haversack becomes a lovely little saddlebag and his cloak shifts to hang off his neck to the side. He has the unpleasant sensation of snapping his shirt, pants and belt. But everything else feels strangely pleasant. Like everything is becoming exactly as it's supposed to be. So he isn't panicking as he becomes a graceful, slender blue unicorn that Eudaemonia would surely approve of, with a pleasant blue coat and fluffy feathering on his legs and long tail.

Zebes smiles wide as he looks down beneath his claws and the softly glowing arcane lines down Jace's back. Their bond and Jace's arcane blood persists no matter what he is. "Gosh, Jace. You look so fancy." he says with absolute sincerity. Jace snorts in response, his mouth no longer able to make words by itself.

Presumably, the fire lights again with a new master present.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Halae wrote: Sep 30, 2023 10:27 pm [Lost in the Wyld]

"I'm no hero," she says, frowning. What as all that about 'bras'? Skye isn't even clear on what that word means, "I was a devil hunter, seeking dark powers to end their threat to the people around me. Unfortunately, I was captured by one such being, and exposed to a cursed artifact that seeped into me. I fought to keep control of my mind, but the power within has corrupted me; it drives me to steal hearts and win adoration."

Though, one could argue that's kind of like a superhero.
[Lost in the Wyld]

Libra's eyes widens. "Oh! I know about your world! It's like filled with heroes. Or 'exalts'. Whatever you call yourself. I was there one time in a meeting with... whatshecalled... Luna! Yes, that's it. The moon person." She strokes her chin.

"Actually, that's an idea. While I rebrand myself I can rebrand you too. So tell me, what do you like to come off as? Since it at least seem like you want to be a hero."
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Desire For Blue

The fire does light once more, flaring up with blue flames that light the rest of the room. There's bare shelves on one side, and no door, but Jace now has the place to alter this place, to an extent. The room should have door; the window is probably not ideal for ingress and egress for a unicorn, and whilst Jace can't exactly just make a door where one wasn't before, he could place a secret door concealed by the shelves- a door which goes wherever he wants, in this realm or to the ruined chapel he started this quest outside.

Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

Shadowcaller wrote: Oct 01, 2023 12:40 am [Lost in the Wyld]

Libra's eyes widens. "Oh! I know about your world! It's like filled with heroes. Or 'exalts'. Whatever you call yourself. I was there one time in a meeting with... whatshecalled... Luna! Yes, that's it. The moon person." She strokes her chin.

"Actually, that's an idea. While I rebrand myself I can rebrand you too. So tell me, what do you like to come off as? Since it at least seem like you want to be a hero."
[Lost in the Wyld]

Skye blinks owlishly, starting to feel a little lost at the mention of Luna, "I... suppose I do? I just want people to be safe. My power, unfortunately, makes them unsafe, which is why I left."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"Really? Tell me more about this unsafe power of yours. Perhaps I can mitigate it somewhat." Libra proposes with a smile.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Lost in the Wyld]

A spark of hope shines in Skye's eyes, "It lets me worm my way into people's minds, drives me to it in fact, and control them. It's an evil power. Can you help?"

Likely not. As corrupted as it is, the Hearteater exaltation is still an exaltation. It'd have to be removed from her to change it, and the only way to remove it from her would be to kill her.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Earl of Purple wrote: Oct 01, 2023 10:18 am Desire For Blue

The fire does light once more, flaring up with blue flames that light the rest of the room. There's bare shelves on one side, and no door, but Jace now has the place to alter this place, to an extent. The room should have door; the window is probably not ideal for ingress and egress for a unicorn, and whilst Jace can't exactly just make a door where one wasn't before, he could place a secret door concealed by the shelves- a door which goes wherever he wants, in this realm or to the ruined chapel he started this quest outside.
A Desire For Blue

Many of the rooms in the place were not unicorn accessible. Clearly there must have been entrances to them for the Master to use. Or perhaps the mist simply wasn’t an obstacle for him. A unicorn certainly couldn’t have used those stepping stone bridges to the spiky building. Horses aren’t great at precise jumping.

I’m going to make us a way back. Can you carry him? He deserves a burial.
Zebes salutes and poofs into his dragonite shape which is quite strong enough to carry a dead horse. Jace realizes that’s all the body is now: the corpse of a strangely colored horse with a cranial protrusion. It could not be used for the purposes the dead warlock wanted. The magical essence that once suffused its body is now nestled quite snugly in him.

Jace paws a hoof at a button that was definitely there the whole time, causing the shelf to swing open to reveal a passage that impossibly brings them back to the graveyard. Zebes dutifully carries the body behind Jace as they find an empty plot for the unnamed unicorn.

”Dra! (So, how do you feel?)”
…excellent. And expensive.
”Dra! Go.” (Great! That’s what being a real dragon feels like.)
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Lost in the Wyld]

Libra had actually no intention of changing the exaltation. In fact, she considered that a theme to design around not a problem to remove.
But she didn't lie either. Since it would likely at least mitigate the problem.

Probably.

"Yes! In fact, let's get to that right now." Libra raises her finger. Causing ti-ime to sl-o-o-o-o-wwwwwwwww-

Until It Stops

Libra moves closer to the now frozen Skye with her hands behind her back. "Alright, let's see. It looks like you could need a new start, just like me. So I think I'm gonna make you a bit younger. Like sixteen? Seventeen?" She waves her hand. "Somewhere in that parkball."

Skye will turn visibly younger. Not by much but at least recognizable for someone who knows her.

"So you came to the nexus a few weeks ago..." Libra scratches her chin. "Or maybe months? Just so long that you don't have to stand with your jaw dropped staring at everything. That's boring to play out anyway. Plus..." She smiles to herself. "So you've been malnourished most of your life. Constantly struggling to feed those muscles you got while enduring your life's seemingly constant hardships."

The star-being nods, seemingly quite pleased with this so far.

"However, when you came to the nexus all that changed. No more struggling. You were found walking through the wilderness by... uh..." Libra pauses, visibly having a difficult time with this part.

"-doesn't matter right now. I'll think of something soon. But you were found by this person who offered you shelter and food until you could get your own place to live. However, once you no longer needed to ration food out of fear you wouldn't have any the next day you found yourself having quite the appetite. And when you discovered that you found how your body started to change."

She nods to herself once more. "Yeah, yeah it's all coming together."

Libra clears her throat and then continues.

"Your natural, previously hidden, curves started to develop. Normally not an issue but it turned out you had much more than most other women. Uh, way more." The star-being wasn't sure if it actually worked like that but in a place like the nexus, who would question it?

At this point Skye's curves fill in considerably. Her clothes also adjusting to the change.

Libra tilts her head. Seemingly dissatisfied despite the significant change. "It's... realistic I guess."
She let's out a small sigh.

"But... you're not just any mortal, right? Why should you be limited to normal stuff? Like, I mean, doing realistic stuff isn't going to bring either of us to the spotlight. If you know what I'm saying?" Libra is at this point standing eye-to-eye to Skye. Acting as if she's talking to her.

She leans forward and gestures to Skye. "And I just feel it, y'know? You never had had much to begin with and you will get more than you can handle. Kinda like the nexus. So it's pretty thematic, right? So you understand why I gotta do this." Libra gestures at herself, meeting Skye's frozen gaze. "It's like you were destined to have epic curves which is honestly pretty cool, right?"

Skye does not respond.

"So we're in an agreement then! You'll keep growing for a few more years. Nothing too big but you'll probably be larger than anyone that doesn't work at that delightful little coffee shop." She pats Skye on the shoulder. "It won't be too much of an issue though. You'd struggle a bit at the start as I figure some problems is always good to have in a story. But you'll resolve it eventually and be completely at ease."

She nods in agreement with herself. "Now, you've started going to Prep to catch up on your poor education. You have an an apartment in, uh... Inside I guess since that's where Prep is?"

Libra looks puzzled for a moment.
Then she frowns and sticks her star-tongue out in disgust.

"-expect Inside is also Hippo city. I've seen her there several times!" A finger is dramatically pointed at Skye. "And I be damned before I let that stupid hippo get you. You hear me, Skye? I will protect you from her and all her stupid 'chaos'." The star entity makes an exaggerated face. "Like 'ohhh, i'm so random'." She thrusts her finger out, pointing accusingly at something that isn't there. "Yeah, 'cause you're nothing but a number generator that I made. One that doesn't even roll for anything anymore." Libra looks around accusingly at space. "Yeah, I know. You stupid hippo-shaped fraud."

She is, like always, meet with silence.

A deep calming breath later, Libra continues. "So no, not Inside. Gotta limit your exposure to that. Instead you're going to be taking the train-y place from Riverside." She nods to herself. Seemingly satisfied with that.
"There you live on your own in an apartment since it was given to you by the, uh, east government. I'm pretty sure the other cities don't even have that so it makes sense. But I imagine it's pretty hard to get those on your own so I guess the person who found you helped you out with it." Libra wags her finger in the air thoughtfully. "Umm... a person it makes sense for. Someone lives in the east part of it. Is pretty well off... have something to teach..." The star entity crosses her arms as she starts to lean against Skye's frozen form. Gazing at the sky above them thoughtfully.

"Hold on, you were a devil-hunter, weren't you? And the law-people in eastling town were also called hunters at point. So it'll make sense if it's one of them. But which one of them would it makes sense for that still fit the-" Libra stares ahead at something which isn't there for a moment. "-huh, not a whole lot, eh? Guess I'll just grab, uh, this chick? Not a fight-y person but close enough."

Satisfied Libra stand up and claps her hands together aas tii-im resumes.

"And there you got it." The star entity bows before Skye who must undoubtedly be confused as she suddenly had a completely new set of memories and while she recalls meeting Libra and talking to Libra she can't remember why she's out here in the first place.
Wasn't this the place she first realized she arrived in the nexus?
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Lost in the Wyld]

Skye, suddenly a teenager again and significantly more... impressive than she was a moment ago, staggers slightly in confusion. She can remember her talk with Libra, asking her for help, but not the why of it. Why was she out here? Why did she confide in Libra? What did the star-woman even do?

"Uh, pardon, but you just bowed. I don't see anything different."

As far as Skye is aware, that's even correct.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"Oh, I changed- well, don't you feel more satisfied now than a moment before? Almost like you had just left the wyl-place just now rather than like however long ago and now you... don't?" Right, she had just put her being here for months. Would she really have been capable of growing all that much in such a short time?

Well, Libra guess she was. Meaning she'd grow a bit faster than expected. Oh well, the end result would still be the same.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Oct 01, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"I..." Skye looks at Libra, completely bewildered, "I guess? Did you do something involving my time in the Wyld?"

Skye moves with an odd mix of grace and clumsiness as she looks around, trying to get her bearings. As a teenager she's all kind of clumsy, lacking the grace of a fully grown adult, especially given her recent growth spurts. As an exalt, however, she moves with a fluidity well beyond mere mortals. She's looking around curiously, and is clearly still not used to the immense curves that have sprouted up on her body.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"Yeah, you could say I shortened it. Made you spend less time in it and more time here in the nexus. So now you have gotten way more done. You just don't remember it." The star-being nods to her. "You've now had more time to handle that gift of yours. Or curse. Depending on how you see on it now."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Lost in the Wyld]

Skye's expression is stricken, and more than a little upset. It doesn't look like she's going to try and pick a fight, but she's definitely angry, "But I wanted you to get rid of it!"

Ah, yes, the other side of making her into a teenager. Unreasonable amounts of emotions. Whoops.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"Ah, but do you actually? Since as you will come to learn in the nexus abilities like that are all over the place and people learn to handle them. Now you got an excellent opportunity to learn how to turn the curse into a gift. It might be a heavy burden to bear but it will save many lives in the end, I promise." Once again she nods.

"You will get to learn about it in prep I'm sure. They got some good teachers there. Or with that, uh, person I- I mean, the one you lived with."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Lost in the Wyld]

"Ava doesn't-" Skye cuts herself off. The truth is, Ava has helped her with control. Giving her meditations to follow, in addition to the ones that she learned from her father. But Skye is a 16-something year old, and that means she can't be reasonable in the face of logic.

So, instead of acquiescing to Libra's point, Skye lets out a dissatisfied grunt and starts walking away. She needs to get back to town anyways; tomorrow's a school day and if she's out too long Ava will wonder where she is. Dealing with the hunger, both metaphorical and physical, needs to be done, and yelling at Libra isn't going to accomplish that.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[The Necromancer's Vault]

Just the necromancer's vault.

Not The (Vile) Necromancer's vault.

That's something different which may or may not exist.

It's taken a few days of travel on foot to get form the Ossuary to this relatively peaceful little dale flanked by lightly wooded fells out in the middle of nowhere. There are no roads. There's no indication that anything important is out here. There are no guards to be seen. No imposing undead remains. No obvious markings. In fact, aside from the occasional bird or shy deer the only life the Necromancer will be able to make out is a hillside covered in sheep on the other side of the dale.

And yet...

The black salt cube still pulls toward the heart of the valley.

There must be something here.

The Vile Necromancer's guide will steadily tug her toward a collection of granite dropstone boulders with nothing else of note near them.
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Necromancer's Vault

The Vile Necromancer, Elvyra de Tejedor, does not have her own vault. She doesn't even have a hovel since the Prince sent fantassins to burn her house down. What she does have is a pair of minions, a skeleton and a mummy (both with crossbows), and a cube of black salt leading her towards a necromantic prize. She leans on her staff, hood up to conceal her face, as she surveys the area and the sheep. She sends the mummy to the rocks first, poking around and looking for... well, anything that might look like an entrance, really, as she sharpens her own vision to investigate from where she stands.

Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 29, 2023 12:02 pm Little Sattleborough

"Who are you? What do you want with him? From what Dad says, he was a right bastard. Will you replace our door?" Because Jubilee burnt it down and now people can just walk into their living room.

Samantha will also climb out of the carriage. "What's up? Did you find him?" Earl has forgotten if Samantha knows Jubilee's name, just that initially she didn't tell it to the girl. But also Samantha right now doesn't know if Jubilee wants her identity bandied about, given her efforts to be all mysterious and creepy.
[Little Sattleborough]

Jubilee hasn't explicitly stated her name to Samantha, but she might have learned it with any number of over-the-shoulder glances; she's not actively concealing that information, just not proffering it.

"Think so. Pretty sure that's him in the backyard. Dead as the dirt he's buried in." Jubilee mutters. "And your niece here tells me she was around when he kicked it, which I'm inclined to believe. Looks like we're about twenty some-odd years or so too late."

She decides to leave the bit about the door unanswered. They have better things to worry about just now.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Little Sattleborough

"I was three months old when he fell down the stairs. I didn't know him. Talk to my dad if you want more. He's a cook in the pub, the Priest's Head." Which does mean they haven't found an eye witness to the death yet. "I don't think he's in the garden, under the persimmon tree, right? That's my uncle, I think. Grandma planted it, before I was born. I... don't know where Granddad is buried."

"Niece? Twenty- Excuse me, miss. Hi. Um. Do you know how long ago your uncle under the persimmon tree died?" Samantha smiles, but it's quite desperate- it's smile or cry, and she's trying very hard not to cry right now.
"Um. Fifty years, maybe? I don't know, before Dad was born. He was eight or nine, I think. His sister took him from the tower one night and summoned a demon to kill him before running off." Samantha stops smiling at that and breaks down in tears. It's a lie, but one Meredith believes.