Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
"I know not. Seem greedy." The lizardman turns back and surveys the wrecked camp. Seeing no immediate threats he quizzically regards his rescuee. "I Kothar. Who you?" It almost looks like he wanted to ask, "What you?" He looks back at the camp. "We find you things," he asserts. "You fight?"
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!

Tags:
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

"Really smacky, too."

Just rub the back of your head a bit more, Dizzy. That ache will eventually go away.

"Nua bath-Abaddon. Or just Nua works, I guess. Don't wanna mention your sire, huh? Heh. That's fine. They're all assholes, anyway."

Stand up, stretch a bit. Buzz your wings and smooth them out. Now where the heck is all your stuff, anyway? Did they toss it all in a hole somewhere? Maybe over here? These gross little hide tents are something else. Who even LIVES in something like this? There is something seriously wrong here. Obviously those weren't full terrestrials. It's been a while since you've seen them but they didn't look anything like THAT. And not even the most degraded of giants are that tiny and pathetic and weak. So what WERE they? Come on, Dizzy, think. What's going on here?

Ugh.

It would be easier if the air didn't taste so thin. Feels like breathing at high altitude or something

Maybe inside that log chest thing? Nope. Still nothing.

"Yeah, I fight."

Not well, haha.

"You gotta fight, these days. If you don't someone else will shank you, usually. Thanks for not shanking me, by the way. So what's your angle?"

Ah, there's some insight. Eye that lizard guy appraisingly. What does he want? It isn't like he would have helped you out of the goodness of his own heart. Pfft. Like that ever happens anymore.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

bc56 wrote: May 30, 2023 12:06 am Maids on a Train
"It does matter! The mechanisms are the same, but projectors need to be recalibrated to account for the different speed of light through water." Jade is pleased that the mermaid asked such a clever question that's related to her expertise. This is a much better topic than magic.

[Maids on a Train]

"I...I think the refractive speed of light thingie also varies with water temperature and water pressure," the mermaid comments, with uncertainty in her voice, "but I don't know how significant it would be." She places her hand on her cheek (and her elbow on the armrest) and starts twirling some of her hair.

"Don't know if it'd be a big enough difference to matter, though. But if it is, you might be better off doing something like, some kind of dynamic recalibration where your projector can sense or maybe even just test the conditions and adjust that way. Actually, if you can make it auto-calibrate itself, then it probably wouldn't matter whether you're in air or water, I guess."

She catches sight of the purple flame tail out of the corner of her eye and turns to watch it again.
Purple flames are pretty mesmerizing, after all.

The mermaid sighs and pouts.
"Shouldn't I have run into a sea witch already, who offers me legs in exchange for my voice or something?"
She then pokes at her teeth, to feel the pointy teeth that she doesn't have. New teeth, that's weird.

Oh!
She suddenly thinks of an important question. "Oh, um! What do you use your holograms for, anyway? Probably not just giving presentations, right?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
Kothar is about to say that his father is Achall, but Nua apparently doesn't care that much.
"Angle?" oh, she means what he does, right? "I wander. Hunt. Help. That's probably not helpful information. "We follow them. Find you things." Eyes to the ground, Kothar begins examining the creatures' tracks. Where did they run off to and did they bring the stolen gear with them?
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

Is this guy stupid or something? He barely talks. Maybe he had to trade brains for that crazy strength.

"Yeah, your angle. Why did you help me? You want something? Maybe you're thinking I'll owe you a debt? Because I'll tell you right now I don't owe anyone anything."

That's it!

Be assertive.

Let him know he won't push you around. Not a chance.

Oh hey there's the boots! Great, that's a start. Just grab those things and-
-nope. They didn't even put anything gross in them. That's a step up from what you were expecting.

So just sit down there on that log and start strapping 'em back on. Stupid horse-feet are way too narrow. The boots help.

"Nah who cares about them. If my gear isn't scattered around the camp here then they probably left it where they found me, which is-"

Yes, which is... where? You have no idea, do you? This place is totally unfamiliar. The trees are all weird, scrawny looking things. You don't really recognize any of the animals around. Like, sort of recognize them. Critters you would expect to rooting around are nowhere to be seen. And what the HECK is up with those clouds? There's so... big. And dark. And tall. They look ominous and the air is starting to smell strange. You feel that? Like there's power in the air? What the heck IS that? Was that a flash of light or something from the cloud?

"What is UP with the weather here, anywWAAAAH!"

Oh would you look at that.

You're flat on your back breathing hard after hearing the biggest, most rumbling boom you've ever heard EVER.

"W-what the HELL was THAT!?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
"I need not you debt," Kothar replies. "Then we follow you tracks."
He doesn't even flinch at the explosion of light and sound. "Lightning. Thunder." Is that even a word Nua recognizes? Kothar chuckles, a low rumbling sound. "You not from around here." It's not a question, it's blatantly obvious. [color="darkslategrey]"We hurry, or tracks gone in rain."[/color] And then there'd be no chance of recovering Nua's gear.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: May 29, 2023 4:13 pm [Riverside Moonwell]

"I don't think anyone is a fan of this goo. But yes, that might be. Minor spirits and such. I should be able to convince them. Terrestrial gods are often deferential when dealing with a Sidereal." Hiep stretches. "But aside from that... do you know a place where we could finish having sex without all the dead bodies and goo? Those bastards showed up right when things were getting good."

[Well Training]

"I should have expected you to see it coming," Thariza admits. "I must be losing my edge. Let's take a break, though."
Murkus wrote: May 29, 2023 2:21 pm [Hog Heaven]

Tsumi considers her response for a moment, shifting her weight and leaning a hand on one hip. "All that to try to say... you'd like to pet me?" She shows her teeth and gently growls, "Since I'm adorable. And pointy. But oh so cuddly, you think?"
[Riverside Moonwell]

That was more words Anika didn't understand. Though she was pretty sure the first one was related to earth. So... dirt gods?
Or was it dirty gods? With Hiep she couldn't be quite sure.
"Oh sure, I know plenty of places for that." Anika gives her the thumbs up. "But I ought to return here and help cleaning up later though. Even if your gods are doing most of the job."

[Hog Heaven]

Dena laughs. "Pet you? Sounds a bit demeaning but if you're into that I can always oblige. You mean like your hair, or...?" She smirks.

[Well Training]

"Let's. You two could use some rest now." Ambrosia gets up and offers both of them a mug of water. "Good work though, you used a lot more special moves this time around." She looks between the two. "Meaning that you learned more about one another."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

Yeah, no. No other gear laying around. Ugh. They must have took it. Or left it behind somewhere. This is all such a pain. Fine fine, follow the tracks, yeah. Why did you even start to think this would be anything other than an embarrassing mess? Awfully dumb of you, that was.

"Good, you weren't getting it anyway."

You have to make that clear. You aren't beholden to ANYONE. The only thing you follow are the dictates of your own heart.

But holy CRAP that noise! Lightning? Thunder? What is he even TALKING about? You're feeling increasingly uncomfortable, aren't you? There's something wrong Wrong WRONG here. The terrain isn't familiar, the creatures aren't familiar, and it sounds like the sky is about to break. You have no idea what's going on, most of your stuff is missing, and the sky won't stop exploding.

Maybe just...

Follow the lizard guy?

He seems like he knows what's going on.

"Gone in the what?"

Well he's moving now at least. Following the weird pig-thing tracks. They all ran off in a hurry and at the very least that isn't hard to do. Looks like they're heading down that draw with a little stream in it. Basically a perfect place for an ambush. Your wings feel itchy. Going down there seems like a terrible idea to add to the growing list of terrible ideas but that's your jam isn't it you absolute idiot.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Well Training]

Emily nods and puts the sword back where it had been before the brief spar. She doesn't even look winded, "I don't think it's your edge that's the problem, really. I've been training since I was a kid to assess unique powers and capabilities and counter them."

She'll go and sit back down, taking the offered water.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Hog Heaven]

"That was more a question of desire than a request," Tsumi says, leaning down slightly toward Dena. She tries to gauge the gorgon a little, feel her out. She'll move a little bit closer, and closer, essentially playing chicken until the two ladies are very close or Dena's forced to retreat a little... though that will bump her right into the wall of the roadhouse, facing Tsumi. "But you know, I mean, if you're taking requests..."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
She's never seen thunder or lightning or apparently rain? Kothar is confused but he thinks he knows what that means. "You from desert?" Deserts don't have rain, right? So it stands to reason they also wouldn't have thunderstorms.
Kothar peers down the stream. "I smell trap. We go around," He leaves the trail and loops around to the side and approach from hopefully behind any ambushers... Or maybe beside or in front of them, depending on which way they're facing.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Riverside Moonwell]

"Sure, sure. You can even meet those gods first." Hiep nods. That will happen after the more enjoyable part. "For now let's get dressed and get going."

[Hunting Lodge]

Sekhmet will be directed to the house of an elderly elf couple, who have plenty of space and are happy to let her use it for the night. It seems hospitality is an important virtue for the elves, but like Silent Feather said, they are also somewhat intimidated by her. They're certainly very formal when speaking to her.

[Well Training]

"Maybe you're right." Thariza sits down with the rattle of armor. "Going all-out with this magic isn't something I'm used to yet. I haven't had it for that long. But I knew I'd have to do it to slow you down."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

"Nah I'm from Nod."

Where's Desert? Must be a city around somewhere nearby. You haven't heard of it before but what else is new? Nothing about this crazy place makes sense so far.

"Yeah, around sounds good. These scrubby trees are so thick I don't know if I would be able to see anything from above anyway."

Another boom, louder this time. But this time you only jump a little. At least until something falls on you. Are the trees dropping seeds or something?

You look up and get splashed in the face. Then the sky explodes again and all of a sudden it's like you're standing underneath a waterfall.

"What the hell is going on!?"

Running around with your arms over your head will definitely help you find the answer to that question keep it up!
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
"I suppose if you built in a measurement system..." Jade considers. But honestly it would probably be too expensive an addition. Just make one version for air and one for water.
"I think to run into a sea witch, you'd need to be by the sea," Jade points out.
Jade shakes her head at the last question. "Personally? Not that much. They replace the monitors and TVs. Overall? They're used primarily in the entertainment industry. Movie projectors, special effects, those sorts of uses. Get used for advertising too," Jade says that with a level of distaste. She doesn't like her fine product being debased like that.

Hunting Lodge
"Thank you very much," Sekhmet accepts the offer of lodging and goes to settle in for the night, changing her clothes into something she can sleep in.
She needs her sleep, tomorrow is going to be stressful.

Terrible Ideas
"Rain here." Kothar examines the panicking Nua. She probably doesn't know how to deal with wet clothes. It wouldn't be a good idea to keep her out in the rain. She'd be miserable and freaking out the whole time and he'll be hampered by having to take care of her while also tracking in the rain and searching for her things. He makes a decision. "This way," he breaks off the trail and changes direction to head for his own camp. There's shelter there, so they can wait out the rain.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

"THIS is rain? This is awful! Why the heck is water falling out of the SKY it doesn't make any sense!"

What sort of crazy broken place have you managed to stumble into now, you absolute wreck? You get brained by whatever those terrible little things were and now you're somewhere where the sky occasionally EXPLODES and starts-

Oh.

OH.

Oh no no no. No way that couldn't be what's going on. Just hurry up and keep following the lizard guy. Make sure he doesn't know you're terrified.

"Uh, not that I'm worried or anything. But the sky here isn't BROKEN or anything, right? Like part of it just blew up and now the waters above are leaking in?"

Because if that just happened then things are about to get REALLY bad.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
"What? No." Kothar responds. He's not even quite sure how to respond to that. "It normal. Happen often." They come up on a small camp beneath the overhang of a mossy boulder, where a simple tent is pitched, a much neater and better-made structure than the crude hide tents of the goblin creatures. "Shelter here until rain stops." There's a good supply of hunting tools lying about the camp, for setting fires, butchering carcasses, and maintaining equipment.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

"What do you mean, it happens often? I've never even HEARD of something like this happening before."

Wait.

Are you sure about that?

"Okay, well, I guess when there's been a heavy fog and the trees start dripping a bunch but this is WAY beyond that."

Ugh.

You're getting absolutely soaked. Betting scoot into that shabby tent thing over there. Maybe while you're drying off you can start figuring out what's going on here. Just vibrate those wings some more. Try getting some more water off them. Would be nice if you weren't unarmed but it sure doesn't seem like this guy is going to be shaking you any time soon hopefully.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Terrible Ideas
"You not from around here," Kothar confirms again. "Sit. Tell me what Nod like." Kothar takes a seat on a hide bedroll and motions to a treestump nearby that's been cut into a makeshift seat. When in doubt, the better place goes to the guest, that's basic hospitality. This isn't Kothar's home and he's not Nua's employer or commanding officer.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Jun 01, 2023 2:33 am Maids on a Train
"I suppose if you built in a measurement system..." Jade considers. But honestly it would probably be too expensive an addition. Just make one version for air and one for water.
"I think to run into a sea witch, you'd need to be by the sea," Jade points out.
Jade shakes her head at the last question. "Personally? Not that much. They replace the monitors and TVs. Overall? They're used primarily in the entertainment industry. Movie projectors, special effects, those sorts of uses. Get used for advertising too," Jade says that with a level of distaste. She doesn't like her fine product being debased like that.

[Maids on a Train]

The mermaid is disappointed when she's told how unlikely she will be to find a sea witch away from the sea.

Well, she decides, maybe she could become the on-land sea witch. If she ever learns witchcraft.
The mermaid reaches up to her head and keeps on reaching for the purple flames. She doesn't quite get to the point of touching it, however, because of the obvious: she's reaching towards fire. She doesn't want to get burned, and so there's a tug-of-war between finding out what's up with the purple fire, and safety.

"Oh, wow, that sounds really cool," the mermaid says. "Sounds widely applicable, so that's pretty nice."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: May 31, 2023 7:24 pm [Hog Heaven]

"That was more a question of desire than a request," Tsumi says, leaning down slightly toward Dena. She tries to gauge the gorgon a little, feel her out. She'll move a little bit closer, and closer, essentially playing chicken until the two ladies are very close or Dena's forced to retreat a little... though that will bump her right into the wall of the roadhouse, facing Tsumi. "But you know, I mean, if you're taking requests..."
Halae wrote: May 31, 2023 3:12 pm [Well Training]

Emily nods and puts the sword back where it had been before the brief spar. She doesn't even look winded, "I don't think it's your edge that's the problem, really. I've been training since I was a kid to assess unique powers and capabilities and counter them."

She'll go and sit back down, taking the offered water.
Morty wrote: May 31, 2023 9:44 pm [Riverside Moonwell]

"Sure, sure. You can even meet those gods first." Hiep nods. That will happen after the more enjoyable part. "For now let's get dressed and get going."

[Well Training]

"Maybe you're right." Thariza sits down with the rattle of armor. "Going all-out with this magic isn't something I'm used to yet. I haven't had it for that long. But I knew I'd have to do it to slow you down."
[Hog Heaven]

Dena gives the oni a curious look. Titling her head to the side as Tsumi moves closer. She seems to have a understanding of the 'game' they were playing and doesn't seem to mind it. Which is why she isn't backing off. Showing no fear at all. Her serpents however appear to be more on the cautious side. All looking at her like they can't quite be sure if there was an friend or a foe approaching.
"Sure, try me. What's the request? I think you technically won that exchange after all, despite the butt-slap." The gorgon smiles.

[Well Training]

"All abilities one has should just be an extension of one's core training. Pulling out new tricks can be effective when you take your opponents by surprise but in most proper duels each opponent usually have a pretty good idea of one another's capabilities. Then it's more important that what you have work together in a unified style." Ambrosia gestures to Thariza who she now turns to look to.

"I could tell you were feeling desperate at one point, which is why you started to pull out your more seldom used moves. Yet like you said, I don't think you've had enough experience in using them yet. I think you have a sense of honor that prohibits you from using less mundane abilities unless things get more dire or your opponent uses something similar, Thariza. But I think that such notions are holding those abilities back from developing. You need to start accept them more as a part of what you can do rather than 'cheating'."

[Riverside Moonwell==> ???]

"Eh, just grab my clothes. I can bear my way there." Anika claims, finding the idea of putting on her clothes just to take them off again silly.

She will take her bag first though however and gesture for Hiep to follow her once she's dressed.
Then she will lead the exalted straight to... the riftline which turned out to just be a few hundred meters away. Just hidden behind all the trees.
There's only a few people at the riftline though they are all giving them strange looks as they board the train. A few teenagers that look like they might have walked in from the 90's are playing music on a boom-box. Anika starting to wiggle her head and paws to the beat of the music as it leaves the station.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

He wants to know about Nod.

Does he seriously want you to tell him about Nod?

How could he not KNOW? Everyone knows!

"I mean, it's where the cities are mostly? Like, all the cities. All the important ones, anyway. It's east of Eden."

If this guy doesn't know what Nod is then is he going to know what Eden is? You've got no idea how anyone could be so clueless so sure, whatever, may as well fill him in on the details, right?

"Eden's the garden Elyon planted and kicked the first humans out of for figuring out how to become more like the gods. Pretty sure the jerk was envious of them. He's afraid we'll figure out how to usurp him."

Ugh.

There's the stab of guilt again. Talking about Elyon like that after he listened when you asked for help. Well, if he doesn't like it then he can just ignore you, right? You don't need his pity OR his guilt trips.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Riverside Moonwell==> ???]

Hiep leaves Nhay behind on a parking lot, seemingly unconcerned about how she'll get him back. Then she leans against Anika's side, tapping her foot to the rhythm as well.

[Hunting Lodge]

When the morning comes, Silent Feathers Drifting will be ready to go with Sekhmet to the meeting place and receive her cultists. Some of his elves are also going to be there. And, no doubt to Sekhmet's annoyance, so will Hiep.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
"It's just entertainment. It's not like I'm saving the world or anything," Jade smiles faintly as if she just made a private little joke. Hopefully the mermaid isn't too familiar with Inside news and rumors - there's a nine-tailed foxgirl superhero who uses a power suit that projects light active in the city.

Terrible Ideas
Kothar frowns. At least it seems like a frown, his expression isn't exactly human and therefore hard to read. "I know not those names." The clueless look in his eyes tells it all. Just how lost is Nua? What is this hellhole of falling water and exploding skies?

Hunting Lodge -> Meeting Place
There's a not insignificant crowd gathered. Not an army, but a good number, maybe two dozen cultists in all. Both priestesses are present and looking nervous. They had very strange dreams involving Sekhmet last night, and here she is, in the flesh. Sekhmet steps up to address the gathering, first locking eyes with each of them in a gaze that can only be described as sorrowful and pitying. "My followers," she begins, "I have come to you seeking aid on behalf of one of my allies," she gestures to Feathers, "Who is in need of mortal hands to assist in an important task." She steps back, allowing Feathers to take the floor.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Jun 02, 2023 11:33 pm Maids on a Train
"It's just entertainment. It's not like I'm saving the world or anything," Jade smiles faintly as if she just made a private little joke. Hopefully the mermaid isn't too familiar with Inside news and rumors - there's a nine-tailed foxgirl superhero who uses a power suit that projects light active in the city.

[Maids on a Train]

The mermaid winds up her courage.
She takes the plunge.
She grasps at the purple flame ear, and...!

The flame disappears.
Of course, the tail and the other 'ear' are still there, but the one she grabbed at is gone. She glances over at the window, to see the reflection of the flame. "Ah."

She opens up her hand, and then suddenly the flame's back.

"Well, yeah, entertainment's not likely to save the world," the mermaid argues back, "but it definitely can increase the quality of life. And, besides, to the right person, the right advertisement can absolutely save their world. Like...I dunno, get back to me in fifteen and I'll come up with an example."

Sadly, the mermaid knows nothing about Inside. She doesn't even follow their news, let alone their superhero rumors.

Now, the mermaid moves on to trying to grab the flame 'tail', to the same amount of success as she got with the 'ear'. "Oh! What business do you work for?" she says as she comes up with a new question. "Or are you, like, independent. Maybe I'll run into someone else who works there and then I can brag that I already know someone who works there."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Terrible Ideas]

Okay, no.

No way.

Not a chance.

"Of course you know who Elyon is everyone knows him. He made the WORLD. He's the most powerful of the gods. How could you NOT know about him?"

Is that anger you're feeling?

Or fear?

"Okay you at LEAST know about the other gods, right? You've got an axe that burns with fire that's GOT to be something Azazel made, right?"

...right?
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Meeting Place]

Silent Feathers steps forward, spreading his wings. He's wearing a toga similar to the one he met Sekhmet in.

"Welcome, friends. My name is Silent Feathers Drifting and I am an ally to your lady, as she said. I am in need of an item to help defend me against someone who can come after me. But the item is buried in the ruins of an ancient dwarven city, still suffused with sorceries that are anathema to fey-kind. You, as mortal humans, can enter the ruins and retrieve the item. As well as other artifacts and knowledge."

[Well Training]

"Maybe you're right. I've left the soldier's life behind, but that's no reason to neglect my skills. There are still fights to be had. Just for other reasons than someone ordering me to." Thariza's ears flick in thought. "I've had to study this new magic of mine on my own, though. Dying and coming back with it... not the best learning environment."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

[Well Training]

"Funny enough, I may actually be able to help with that. I've met people with that exact kind of magic, even worked alongside one for years. It's a little different, but it feels the same," Emily offers.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
"My brother and I are co-owners of our own company," Jade answers. "Technically we don't make the holo-TVs and such ourselves, we make the projectors and sell them to the other companies that do."

Terrible Ideas
There's no recognition of that name or that description."Other gods? I champion of goddess Tlacua," Kothar responds, sounding proud of this honor. "Az-az-zel? No, axe made by wizard. Old wizard long dead."

Gathering Place
A murmur passes through the assembly. Dig an artifact out of a dwarven city? Their goddess wants them to help here, but why? She's not quite like they'd imagined either. More subdued, less sexy. Are they really going to follow her?
The two priestesses stand up before Sekhmet together, neither wanting to let the other speak first. But when she looks at them, they both remember that pitying sorrowful expression from their dreams, and their nerves break. Sekhmet is the one to speak. "Come, this is your chance to learn my doctrine, before I send you to spread it to the rest of my mother's former followers."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Well Training]

"Fights to be had?" Ambrosia turns to look at the charr. "Thariza, is that the reason you want to hone your skills? To fight without being ordered to? Since if you accept Emily's offer here-" She gestures to the superhero. "-consider why you want to fight. Is it a means to another end? Or is fighting the end itself? Since I choose this path to feel more secure with myself. To feel like I didn't need to fear the world around me. I'm still not sure if that's a good reason mind you but at least I understand why which brings security in itself."
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Shadowcaller wrote: May 28, 2023 9:15 pm[Tower of Oujet]

Unfortunately, Anika is too mesmerized by the colorful beam and all the beautiful destruction that followed in its wake to immediately notice the now falling Laz. She will probably spot her... eventually. Might help if the ghoul knight could draw attention to herself somehow.
"AAAAAANNNNNNNIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKAAAAAA!"

Does screaming count? I hope screaming counts, because it's about all Jenette has the energy for right now, along with wildly flailing her arms about in the air. She's reasonably certain she'll survive this fall on her own, albeit with pretty much all of her bones broken, but at the same time, she really, really doesn't want to break all of her bones. She's not sure she can count on Anika to stuff human flesh down her zombie throat until the damage fades away, which just leaves lying in a broken heap amidst hundreds of other nameless, faceless, grotesque zombies in a field of ruin if this goes the way she's thinking it might.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson