Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Gullara »

This place is just as it sounds. It's Outside!
Want a change of scenery? Go Outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come Outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt Outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try Outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep! Outside.

Any and all are welcome in the wild expanses beyond the reach of civilization. Who's going to keep you out? That's right, no one. You're already out!
Here lie vast expanses, dense forests, towering mountains, dizzying canyons, treacherous dungeons, encroaching jungles, roaring waterfalls, endless wastes, blistering deserts, mossy cliffs, illusionary oases, eldritch moors, flowering bosques, infested hills, cyclopean ruins, weed-tangled gardens, crumbling glaciers, peaceful glades, bubbling tar pits, rumbling volcanoes, teetering hoodoos, honeycombed caverns, dripping grottos, inland seas, grassy knolls, overgrown battlefields, creepy boneyards, guano-covered caves, and so much more!
The sky is truly the limit, and sometimes not even that. If you can imagine it, it's here, and something super cool is probably happening there.

And most importantly, enjoy Outside. That's what this is all about. =)
► Rules and Guidelines
This thread is managed by Gullara. Please contact me for updates to the OP.

Tags:
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Outside

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

It's snowy on the mountain where MERC's base is, but if you're willing to hike down to the base it's as summery there as anywhere else. Hiking has become a past-time of Krayger, kind of by necessity. The 7-foot/2.1m minotaur is more casual than most people ever see him, just taking shorts down to the lake for his fishing trip. Just a huge brown-furred bull-man, his tackle box, and a fishing rod.

Well and his legendary lightning lucerne made from a shard of a fey lord but that's not...there. It can just show up when he needs it.

He also didn't really bring a very big bucket in case he actually catches a fish. He almost never does, so he's not particularly worried on that front. If he does he'll just prepare it here.

Fishing is relaxing for him. Sometimes he needs a break from the mercenaries. From Felix, as kind as he is, and the stress of learning about arcane crafting. From the long list of strange fey-related nonsense that has seemingly struck him once a year for the last three years. First getting abducted, charmed, temporarily shaped like a minotauress, then had that identity eaten by a DIFFERENT fey in order to not eat him, then a piece of the King in Rags lodged in him and later transformed into a weapon safe for his use.
Thankfully nothing like that has happened in a while, but he's always wary of further nonsense...
Sliibee
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 5:52 pm Mountain Lake

It's snowy on the mountain where MERC's base is, but if you're willing to hike down to the base it's as summery there as anywhere else. Hiking has become a past-time of Krayger, kind of by necessity. The 7-foot/2.1m minotaur is more casual than most people ever see him, just taking shorts down to the lake for his fishing trip. Just a huge brown-furred bull-man, his tackle box, and a fishing rod.

Well and his legendary lightning lucerne made from a shard of a fey lord but that's not...there. It can just show up when he needs it.

He also didn't really bring a very big bucket in case he actually catches a fish. He almost never does, so he's not particularly worried on that front. If he does he'll just prepare it here.

Fishing is relaxing for him. Sometimes he needs a break from the mercenaries. From Felix, as kind as he is, and the stress of learning about arcane crafting. From the long list of strange fey-related nonsense that has seemingly struck him once a year for the last three years. First getting abducted, charmed, temporarily shaped like a minotauress, then had that identity eaten by a DIFFERENT fey in order to not eat him, then a piece of the King in Rags lodged in him and later transformed into a weapon safe for his use.
Thankfully nothing like that has happened in a while, but he's always wary of further nonsense...
Mountain Lake

Fey-related nonsense you say? Well that could hardly be expected here, so close to home. After all, home is where most people feel at their safest! In fact so safe that most vehicular accidents occur just before making it home.

But that's neither here nor there. There isn't a truck for miles around, and even if there was it wouldn't be in any danger of hitting Krayger. There's just him, his tools of relaxation, and a cloud of flitting fireflies hovering close to the surface of the lake. Winking in and out dimly, sparkling and flittering after one another. Dancing around Krayger's body and landing on the surface of his fishing rod, leaping off in sprays of colour whenever he twitches it to tempt a fish.

Actually, there sure are an awful lot of the little buggers.
I'm only here for the cabaret
Avatar by Soushiyo (Artist does NSFW material)
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Vibes

Now where did these guys come from? Krayger doesn't remember seeing them before. He's met that killer fox fey at one of these mountain ponds so he's not ruling out anything yet, so he tries to gently shoo the bugs away from him.
"Shoo. Come on, guys. I'm trying to sit here." he grumbles at them, not caring if they understand speech or not.
If these bugs don't stop harassing him he'll have to pack up and move to the next pond. Which isn't a problem but it would be a waste of good daylight.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 6:11 pm Mountain Vibes

Now where did these guys come from? Krayger doesn't remember seeing them before. He's met that killer fox fey at one of these mountain ponds so he's not ruling out anything yet, so he tries to gently shoo the bugs away from him.
"Shoo. Come on, guys. I'm trying to sit here." he grumbles at them, not caring if they understand speech or not.
If these bugs don't stop harassing him he'll have to pack up and move to the next pond. Which isn't a problem but it would be a waste of good daylight.
Far from scattering around his waving arm, the bugs cling to the fur as it interrupts their flight path and then quickly wink out, slipping down between the follicles and ceasing their dim glow as the cloud of disconnected specks silently roars to life and begins swarming him. Critters dive towards him from all sides, too small to see individually as anything more than streaks of light, and burrow into his coat.

Which would be quite distracting, but not nearly enough to distract from what happens next as a burnt-orange pickup truck, all four wheels actively burning, comes hurtling down from an empty sky to crash into the bank next to Krayger and momentarily disrupting the tiny invasion of his fur. The bugs explode out from their assault on him before quickly resuming their swarm, even as a charred, dented hubcap flips by his head and lands smouldering in the lake. Somehow, miraculously, all of the other detritus of the crash avoided him, littering the shore and nearby lake with fiery debris.

"Korfnhghst!" There's a raspy, breathless cough from the driver's seat.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

A series of noises escape the minotaur's mouth, starting indignant, turning to anger, then to panic, and then relief.
And then back to annoyance. And all in about thirty seconds.
Krayger desperately tries to brush the bugs off of his arms, but is distracted by the sound of someone else. He staggers over to the crashed truck, still trying to swat at the bugs.
"You- gah! Damn bugs! You okay?" he calls as he approaches.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 7:17 pm Mountain Lake

A series of noises escape the minotaur's mouth, starting indignant, turning to anger, then to panic, and then relief.
And then back to annoyance. And all in about thirty seconds.
Krayger desperately tries to brush the bugs off of his arms, but is distracted by the sound of someone else. He staggers over to the crashed truck, still trying to swat at the bugs.
"You- gah! Damn bugs! You okay?" he calls as he approaches.
"Yes! Yes I am fine. The not-yet-patented non-newtonian airbag has performed beautifully on its maiden journey. Now, please, tell me I'm not too late to see them!" Comes the muffled reply from within as someone tries and fails to open the driver's side door, first by yanking on the handle, then kicking the panel with a series of thumps. Finally, a pair of lanky, khaki-clad legs kick out the shattered front windscreen and a man with wild grey hair falls out of the still vertical truck cab.

He turns to Krayger, greasy lab smock and aviator goggles identifying him more easily than a badge saying "Hello, I'm a Mad Scientist, please remain three meters back at all times in case of arcing." But his excited, slightly chipped and sooty smile when he sees the creatures even now trying to settle all over Krayger's torso only amplifies the effect.

"YES! Eureka! Finally I shall see the life cycle of the MERC Mountain Miniaturized Mixie in full! And they called me Mad! Me! Aheh. Hehee. HehahaHAHAHAHA!!" The laugh trails off into a series of wracking coughs as he bends over double, the smoke from his truck's engine bonnet getting black and acrid.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

Krayger continues to run his hands over himself in an attempt to get the things off of him. He's about fifteen seconds from summoning his hammer and seeing if that can put enough of a charge over him to get them off.
"I'm sorry, the what now?" Krayger demands grumpily. His nostrils flare. This better not be something this guy released on him.
"You're going to explain what's going on now."
They better not be trying to make a nest out of him.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 7:42 pm Mountain Lake

Krayger continues to run his hands over himself in an attempt to get the things off of him. He's about fifteen seconds from summoning his hammer and seeing if that can put enough of a charge over him to get them off.
"I'm sorry, the what now?" Krayger demands grumpily. His nostrils flare. This better not be something this guy released on him.
"You're going to explain what's going on now."
They better not be trying to make a nest out of him.
Mountain Lake

"A moment if you please. Every second I spend telling you such things is seconds I waste not setting up my equipment!" Frantically, the man begins pulling a padded, hard-shelled suitcase out of his ruined truck and undoes the latches with a hiss of equalizing air pressure, the device inside already beginning to whir into life. It glows a worrying green colour and begins displaying a readout on the one, tiny screen that, judging by the man's reaction, means it's working correctly.

"I will need a drop of your blood and then we may begin with the explanation and the science. Hurry now, decades of research may be lost every moment! Not to mention large amounts of your fur. Mixies are a very industrious civilization, at least as far as we've hypothesized." He indicates a small panel that he apparently expects Krayger to prick his finger on.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

Oh it's one of those. Darn things trying to colonize the coats of people without their consent. He's heard of those. Like sapient fleas. But of course, he can't just electrify them if they're a civilization because that's killing people. Dammit.
He reaches for his fishing knife which thankfully hasn't been dirtied today and makes a tiny pinprick on his finger to draw a drop of blood.
"You are going to help me get them off as soon as your test is concluded because I would very much like to keep this coat, thank you." he growls. Koshal is a good boy but his nephew will never let him live it down if he ends up bald for a month.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 8:22 pm Mountain Lake

Oh it's one of those. Darn things trying to colonize the coats of people without their consent. He's heard of those. Like sapient fleas. But of course, he can't just electrify them if they're a civilization because that's killing people. Dammit.
He reaches for his fishing knife which thankfully hasn't been dirtied today and makes a tiny pinprick on his finger to draw a drop of blood.
"You are going to help me get them off as soon as your test is concluded because I would very much like to keep this coat, thank you." he growls. Koshal is a good boy but his nephew will never let him live it down if he ends up bald for a month.
Mountain Lake

"Excellent! CONTACT!" Reaching into the case, the man flips a switch and everything stops.

No, not stops. To Krayger's perception most things have slowed to a crawl, sounds of birdsong drawn out into a low drone while only the remaining mixies flitting through the air and the man standing in front of him nearly vibrating with excitement remain at relatively the same speeds as him.

"Another success! My time dilator works just as well as I calculated it would! Now young man, you were asking me all sorts of questions I'm sure. My name is Maddeck. Professor Otto Maddeck, in fact. If you find this funny please allow yourself the chuckle." Otto begins releasing several small, whirring drones into the air from the suitcase shaped device, "High speed cameras, they will begin recording your progress as the last known colony of mini-mixies." And Krayger knows that tone. It's the tone of someone who is very smart about a very specialized area of study shifting up into high lecture.

"Mixies are a species of fey, you see, that went extinct hundreds of years ago due to overspecialization and lack of breeding grounds for their kind. At least that's one possible explanation. Another might be that they are so small that quantum uncertainty played a factor, ending their existence as more of them could not verify where they were or how fast they were going at the same time. Still other theorems exist, but all increasingly unlikely after those two. And so, with no living subjects or even fossil records to go by, I did what any inquiring mind would and came back to this moment to see the last known case of Mixie colonization on record in person!" He pauses for breath after the exclamation, which might be the only moment Krayger has to get a word in edge wise.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

"I am not going to be a colony for microscopic fey." Krayger says simply, his temper starting to flare.
He is going to punch whoever decided to create fey.
"You have ten seconds to convince me not to walk straight into that lake." He's reasonably sure these fey probably can't breathe underwater. They'd have to get off of him to save themselves.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 9:36 pm Mountain Lake

"I am not going to be a colony for microscopic fey." Krayger says simply, his temper starting to flare.
He is going to punch whoever decided to create fey.
"You have ten seconds to convince me not to walk straight into that lake." He's reasonably sure these fey probably can't breathe underwater. They'd have to get off of him to save themselves.
Mountain Lake

"Perfectly reasonable though I will in fairness inform you that the next ten seconds will, relativistically, feel like thirty-seven hours to you. More or less." Otto darts out onto the surface of the water in nothing but his boots, skipping across the shore as impacts begin to form in his wake, "We're both moving incredibly quickly young man! Please do not lose track of where you are. Additionally, as a pest mixies were known to be devilishly difficult to remove, possibly because of uncertainty as to whether they were there under life-threatening conditions. The visual physicality you experienced was simply a result of thousands, millions, or possibly hundreds of millions of mixies clustered together in groups large enough to see! Each seeming insect is a little happy family of many many molecule-sized mini mixies!"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

This is not helping. Krayger moves his arm, and electricity sloooowly starts to arc a bit off to his side.
"Alright. In an hour then my lightning hammer will be here. Well, in addition to not being a colony I also refuse to sit here for the next relativistic century with you, so I suggest you begin explaining what exactly you're studying and how long you plan on doing it, because I am going to be attempting to extract them as well as I am able as soon as I am able."
Of course in practice it doesn't particularly matter if they're all essentially microbes, but he refuses to have his body used for the purposes of others without his permission. And he refuses to be the first MERC member to reach his position to show up to work with pests.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 10:55 pm Mountain Lake

This is not helping. Krayger moves his arm, and electricity sloooowly starts to arc a bit off to his side.
"Alright. In an hour then my lightning hammer will be here. Well, in addition to not being a colony I also refuse to sit here for the next relativistic century with you, so I suggest you begin explaining what exactly you're studying and how long you plan on doing it, because I am going to be attempting to extract them as well as I am able as soon as I am able."
Of course in practice it doesn't particularly matter if they're all essentially microbes, but he refuses to have his body used for the purposes of others without his permission. And he refuses to be the first MERC member to reach his position to show up to work with pests.
Mountain Lake

Otto frowns for the first time since getting here. Not even crashing his budget time-machine has put a damper on his mood, but clearly interacting with Krayger has forced him to change mental gears and employ more tact than he might in fact be capable of, "Well, I see why you are known as the last ever case of mixies. Sir you may not appreciate the situation you have found yourself in, but I will endeavor to appeal to your better nature, if not your curiosity. Mixies live at an incredibly increased frame of reference compared to our own. Much like the reactions of a fly in slipping out of the way of a flung swatter, they can experience everything we do only by the same metrics we would use to measure geological shifts. Even as notoriously long lived as fey creatures can be, the passing of a single day can span the entire life of a single mixie."

He clears his throat and then continues, "You may indeed be capable of wiping out this infestation, as you seem to be thinking of it, but from the point of view of your colonizers a cruel, angry god will be striking their civilization with floods and storms, lightning bolts they may see coming but due to conductivity never hope to avoid despite minutes passing as they form. An apocalypse in agonizing slow motion." He removes his goggles and stares deliberately into Krayger's eyes.

"By speeding up our frame of reference, I have prevented further mixies from colonizing you. Though you may not notice, you are now moving far faster in reference to the remaining colonies in the air than you were, which takes the glacial drift previously described and makes it more immediately threatening, possibly akin to an active volcano. It has likely disrupted the efforts of those already carving homes out of the base of your follicles as well. If you are still opposed to hosting these creatures, then I suspect we will need three things. What are your feelings on this?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

Krayger snorts in frustration, looking away for a moment.
”I am definitely still opposed to being infested with what you yourself called pests, yes.

I am, however, willing to play nice long enough to avoid slaughtering them wholesale. Tell me what I need to get rid of them peacefully.”

He folds his arms.
”Besides, if I’m supposed to be the last case keeping them and giving them a chance to breed would only cause a time paradox.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 03, 2022 11:48 pm Mountain Lake

Krayger snorts in frustration, looking away for a moment.
”I am definitely still opposed to being infested with what you yourself called pests, yes.

I am, however, willing to play nice long enough to avoid slaughtering them wholesale. Tell me what I need to get rid of them peacefully.”

He folds his arms.
”Besides, if I’m supposed to be the last case keeping them and giving them a chance to breed would only cause a time paradox.
Mountain Lake

"We'll need a beast at least as woolly as yourself, a large quantity of gentle dish soap, and your willingness to have a bath. If we use soap, then much like oil or dirt it should bind to their bodies and lift them away. Then, we transfer the beast into the bath and allow everything to set, the transplant should be as good as done. As an added benefit, if the majority of mixies transfer to the beast, the rest will follow as the historical records show mixies basically never occupy multiple entities for a single super-colony." Otto nods to himself as he makes some adjustments to his device.

"Once this is complete, I must then recomplete my time-manipulation devices and travel back to the present with the beast. This will continue the timeline, with you as the mysterious last case of Mixie infestation, and also preserve the little mites for future generations from my point in time onwards." He seems very satisfied with this solution, all paradoxes ignored.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

"I am not woolly. And I bathe very regularly. Which is part of the problem, of course. I'd rather continue doing so without having a genocide on my conscience each time." Krayger shakes his head.
"There's Dispnig's wolves on the base, but he would be furious with me if I took one to be used as a research specimen. I believe there is a species or two of mountain goats around here. Which would be rather easy to track down given that we're moving at well, a nearly ludicrous speed. Soap we can get at the base."
Two out of three done with no trouble, then.
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 04, 2022 3:46 am Mountain Lake

"I am not woolly. And I bathe very regularly. Which is part of the problem, of course. I'd rather continue doing so without having a genocide on my conscience each time." Krayger shakes his head.
"There's Dispnig's wolves on the base, but he would be furious with me if I took one to be used as a research specimen. I believe there is a species or two of mountain goats around here. Which would be rather easy to track down given that we're moving at well, a nearly ludicrous speed. Soap we can get at the base."
Two out of three done with no trouble, then.
Mountain Lake

"Far woollier than I am, I assure you. If I were not cursed with a preternaturally sleek and hairless body I would have considered submitting to the process myself! Now, I am going to increase our relative speed to the point where you can grab that hammer you were threatening me with, as I dare say you would not like to leave it behind. Then we can find a particularly big goat, you can acquisicate a sufficience of soap, and we can meet back here for that bath. Hopefully by then they won't have begun too much agriculture. It was speculated that they cultivate and harvest fungus for their sustenance. Are you ready to begin?" This skinny, exciteable twig of a man seems all too eager to turn the dial that will increase the rate at which Krayger's fur will be colonized, if only for a moment.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Mountain Lake

"Threatening you? Dear no, I was threatening them at most. Well, maybe if you told me that you planned on keeping me at this speed indefinitely. Anyway, the hammer is a shard of a fey lord converted in purpose by the servant of a different fey lord, so I daresay that it can do just fine without me. If I'm not here when it appears it will likely just vanish again. It does that when I let go of it." He shakes his head.
"I would much rather stay at the speed that stops them from digging into my skin and planting micro-mushrooms, thank you. Fungal infections are a nuisance to get rid of." Topical medications are more annoying when you have a coat to take care of on top of it!
Sliibee

Post by Sliibee »

Mountain Lake

He looks momentarily put off that he won't be twiddling his knob at this precise moment, but Otto bounces back at this solid reasoning, "Very well! You are of course wise beyond your years. So, where to first? I'm not very familiar with the landscape of this time, which is why, I suspect, my conveyance landed so roughly!" He peers around, as if a sign pointing them towards the nearest wild goat or mercenary enterprise will be summoned by his eager gaze.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Rebonack;25536852 wrote:[Tower of Oujet]

Man, Laz sure does talk about some weird stuff on missions doesn't she?

But anyway!

She's right about now being the perfect time to attack!

A giant acid bomb just got lobbed into the middle of the obsidian zombie pile and melted a nice big hole in their formation!

That actually happened a few seconds after Laz pointed in the general direction of the area that just got gooped so she must have predicted it ahead of time!

Wow!

Is she a psychic or something?

VIGIL has had a few of those over the years but none of them could tell the future OR be a zombie.

Anyway!

Best get moving Anika that hole in the enemy formation won't last forever.
[Tower of Oujet]

Has Anika ever stopped moving?!

Metaphorically that is.

Since she obviously needs sleep n' stuff.

But if there's anything Anika is good at it's acting fast. Too fast some might argue.

Not Anika though, she's too busy moving towards that hole, giving it her all. Running as fast as her bear legs can carry her. Thus, Laz better cling on tight unless she wants to fall off and end up in the middle of the horde.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Aug 05, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Shady Hollow]

Ah HAH! So he's a LAW BREAKER, then! Violations of the first law of thermodynamics can't be tolerated. He'll probably be getting a ticket from the reality police pretty soon. Those fines can really add up.

*ahem*

Anyway.

Mysterious floating, glowing orbs.

Changer grabs the thing and, with a dull boom it promptly bursts and begins spraying loot into the air like a fountain. This, of course, makes very little sense. And is possibly also a violation of the first law maybe. But the monster is already dead so who would get the ticket? Regardless, the ground is now covered in enchanted clothing, trinkets, weapons, random baubles, and a scroll containing instructions on how to build what is apparently a magical hat of some kind.

Weird.

Regardless, there's nothing to carry back in the giant gold orb department, but Changer CAN gather up some of the swag if he feels so inclined. With the way forward cleared the peasants are getting busy with the whole 'fleeing for their lives' deal. It seems like they're expecting to be safe in the church slash fortress at the top of the hill.

"Those terrible monsters, they've been appearing ever since that accursed castle appeared on the other side of the valley," one of the peasants says, pointing at the obviously haunted and filled with vampires castle on the other hill in question. That definitely sounds like a plot hook of some kind.

[Vault 44]

There are more things in heaven and earth, Linth, than our philosophy can describe.

Like ashes counting as a body for making an undead.

I guess...

Anywho!

Monsters busy with the minion. Door to the room in question still locked. And barricaded. And probably bolted, too. Which is largely understandable since the people who are inside probably don't want to get eaten by the mushroom zombies.

Linth has a couple options here. He could force his way through. Or he could try knocking and talking, both things the zombies didn't seem terribly keen on. Or he could try magicing through the wall! Does he know passwall? Great spell.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Shady Hollow]

Well, he's also wanted for the 615 counts of animal cruelty, but sure.

Anyways, LOOTSPLOSION!

While the peasants go to church, Changer grabs the scroll, whichever trinket looks the most valuable, any hardy looking weapon, and if the clothing pile includes some kind of longcoat, blazer, labcoat or other jacket, he'll take one of those and put it on.

In response to the peasant, Changer says "I see. In that case, it's time for me to quit relieving the symptoms and start attacking the cause of the problem." With that, he makes for the highly haunted hill's castle.
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Sliibee wrote: Aug 04, 2022 6:47 pm Mountain Lake

He looks momentarily put off that he won't be twiddling his knob at this precise moment, but Otto bounces back at this solid reasoning, "Very well! You are of course wise beyond your years. So, where to first? I'm not very familiar with the landscape of this time, which is why, I suspect, my conveyance landed so roughly!" He peers around, as if a sign pointing them towards the nearest wild goat or mercenary enterprise will be summoned by his eager gaze.
Mountain Lake

"How old do you think I am, exactly?" Krayger was happy to take the compliment that he looks young but he's honestly not sure how old this guy thinks he is.
"Anyway, the base is that way. We'll look out for tracks on the way. If we don't find any, there's at least one sheep in the base I can buy off the boss." Krayger points in a direction before picking up his fishing gear and heading back that way. They might be moving hyper fast, but to them it's still going to be a decent hike up the mountain.
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

Shadowcaller wrote: Aug 04, 2022 8:25 pm [Tower of Oujet]

Has Anika ever stopped moving?!

Metaphorically that is.

Since she obviously needs sleep n' stuff.

But if there's anything Anika is good at it's acting fast. Too fast some might argue.

Not Anika though, she's too busy moving towards that hole, giving it her all. Running as fast as her bear legs can carry her. Thus, Laz better cling on tight unless she wants to fall off and end up in the middle of the horde.
Oh crap, bears are a lot faster than Saint Lazarus remembered. She hurriedly readies her sword for the zombies they're swiftly approaching. A lesser warrior wouldn't be able to swing the blade at all under these conditions, since the sword is meant to be held in both hands and one is currently desperately clinging to a clump of bear fur, but Saint Lazarus isn't that lesser warrior. She can hold the blade just fine, couching it like a cavalry lance so it'll hit the first, second, and third stupid zombies to get in their way like a freight train of swordy death. Those dumb obsidian ghouls won't even know what him them.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Tower of Oujet]

Faster than she remembered?

Laz has bear-running-around-really-fast experience?

That might come in handy now that she's joined the bear cavalry.

So anyway! Laz discovers something really important here. First? Chopping through armored enemies with a two hander like in Berserk isn't a thing that actually happens. Especially against enemies with armor made of pretty thick volcanic glass. Now, there's quite a bit of force behind the blow and that knocks the undead she clobbered flat on the ground, cracking their armor in the process. But they aren't neatly bisected.

Alas.

This does a pretty good job of attracting the nearby zombies, too. Thankfully the extent of their tactical acumen appears to be lurching toward the pair of VIGILanties at a brisk walking pace with intent to clobber them with weapons of stone and blood and flame. Unless they get surrounded they shouldn't be in two much dan-

Oh hey zombies further away are changing course to surround them.

A useful fact for Laz! The zombies don't appear to be armored around their necks at all. Decapitating should work, right? It always does in the movies.

[Shady Hollow]

Better hope the animal welfare folks don't get a hold of him.

Anyway!

It would take some study to figure out what the hat's deal is but it is probably useful and or important. Or maybe just really sweanky? With several sparkly trinkets in hand and a new jacket (with +2 defense against j-walking) our hero heads off toward the spooky castle!

...the walk (float?) is pretty miserable.

Those annoying clouds of insects/darkness are all over the place and they'll constantly harass Changer. The valley between the village and the castle has been reduced to a swampy quagmire of stinking peat and no doubt our hero is pretty glad that he doesn't have feet that can get stuck in the mud. About half way there he'll encounter a problem.

A heap of corpses.

It looks like someone has taken all the livestock from the village and made a great fetid pile out of them, their bodies oozing together to create a huge pulsing hive for the vermin that infest the surrounding lands. From innumerable pores black mist stained with crimson seeps into the air like smog.

The blasted thing has been built right in the middle of the road, though the term road is perhaps too generous. He could give the hive a wide berth and go around it. Or maybe try to hurry past. Or just find some way to destroy the infestation.

What will he do?
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Tower of Oujet]

Get out of the way you dumb zombos, she got a zombie at least a hundred times cooler on her back and she was going to deliver her to- uh-

What was their mission here again?

They were getting to the tower to... destroy the zombies? Get some artifact from it?
Well, whatever it was she was pretty sure it was working as the only thing in their way was some lame zombos and she had never let those stop her!
Shadowcaller

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Shadowcaller »

[A Sleepless Night]

As they're not going to make it to Inside until tomorrow Thariza, Ambrosia and Utayo are settling down for the night near a small lake.
But while Thariza is asleep within minutes of touching the ground sleep does not find her friend as easily.
Ambrosia usually had this amazing ability to sleep with full armor on. By all right it should make her body extremely sore even if she did manage to sleep. Yet she had told Thariza that she actually slept better with armor on that without it which probably had something to do with her draconic nature.

But tonight as the scholar laid down and closed her eyes and eventually seemed to find that elusive sleep her eyes shot open after just a couple of minutes and she lets out a soft groan before closing them again. The sleep she found apparently not to her liking.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Gullara »

[A Sleepless Night]

When Ambrosia wakes she'll see Utayo a short distance away. She quietly kneels on the ground facing toward the lake. She's still but for the slow movements of her breaths.
~Images by Soushiyo