Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Morty »

[Junkyard]

"Guess we're doing this the hard way." Wenomir never was much for subtlety. Whether or not this works against him now remains to be seen. He steps forward and seems to blur, charging towards Zeeland and aiming a single, precise cut at his neck. If it hits, however, it will phase through him and inflict non-lethal weakness and numbness.

[Welmet]

Hiep approaches the rooster with uncharacteristic caution, ready for it to spring back up at any moment. She wants to examine it more closely and see if it's really dead.

Tags:
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Welmet

"I don't think we got it. I could blast it with lightning again, see if that gets a reaction?" Harriet stays back, not quite as skilled in melee as her new Exalted acquaintance and not trusting the giant bird to not be faking to catch them unaware.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

[Shadowhaven]

It's possible space ships have variable pricing based on how technologically savvy you appear to be. Have sci-fi tech? Huge discount, practically a taxi ride. Magic cloak and a magic wand? You're a wizard and you're paying premium, Harry.
Now, Khannie's shadow magic could be mistaken for an advanced wearable hologram. But if they somehow manage to see through that, they'll assume she has access to a wide number of things including science-based potions, digitization of living beings, and space and parallel world travel. Seraphina, though? Her bog-standard human appearance, cloak that's been repaired by hand, inability to recognize bottled gases, and lack of any high-tech weaponry (her gun was practically vaporized in Inside) doesn't do much for her payment plan.

After Khannie disguises herself, the kid, of course starts telling the mother all about how there's certain pokemon that can do that.
It's pretty clear it's not the first time the kid's babbled about pokemon and the mother is pretty over it already.

"Huh. I've never been to Underside," Seraphina comments. She looks out the window, too, and tries to take in the scenery, imagines goblins, and mentally labels it as 'What Underside looks like'. "I was starting to miss the sun in that swamp; I don't think I could handle living underground."

The bus drops off some people as it drives through the cave. By the time they get to the station, there's much more room with only half the people left on the bus. Which, when it stops, people start inching and squishing towards the door, as if moshing the person in front of them will somehow help them get off faster. It's okay, though, it was a long ride. They're probably just stretching their legs.

Once the doors open, people pour out of the bus.

It's a pretty standard bus station. Even is within stone-throwing distance of the Riftline station. There's food trucks hanging around the parking lot. There's a couple pickpocketers going around the station. And there's a decently line in front of a restroom.
"You okay going the rest of the way yourself?" Seraphina asks Khannie. "I'm worried if I board the train it'll end up in Wonderland or will get attacked by mannequins or will suddenly turn into a meat locker or something like that," she says. "So I'm going to see if there's a better way to get to HALO."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Welmet]

"Close" is a vague term when talking of a creature of this size; Hiep does not have to get near the bulk of it to, say, touch its outspread wing. Closer than that, and the spreading fire and the smoke are starting to be more dangerous than the motionless bird.

But, caution still does not go to waste, as the bulk of the beast begins to swell as it lies there. It brings to mind a bubble of boiling tar, and as the ladies might know, bubbles have a tendency to burst.

Does Harriet still want to strike it with lightning?
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Shadowhaven]

Ah, the space ship pilots probably want to figure out how savvy their passengers are, like when Han Solo boasted about how he finished a race in a low number of parsecs in spite of the fact that parsecs are a unit of distance and not time. Gotta see if those people know what he's talking to figure out how much he can rip them off.

And of course there are pokemon that can make illusions!

Zoroarks make illusions!

And there was one on the bus, giant poofy pony-tail and all.

But then!

Station!

And food trucks!

Thankfully Khannie already ate so she won't need to stay around here very long getting her pockets picked.

Not that she has any pockets. All of her stuff is in her backpack and unzipping a backpack without someone noticing is probably a little harder than lifting a wallet out of a pocket.

"Yeah I can make it easy since there's a train here. I know the Riftline routes pretty good. Are you sure you'll be okay on your own? It seems like you bump into dangerous places a lot," Khannie replies.

[Neon Forest]

Ah yes.

The nefarious HATCH!

Kothar pulls it open and discovers that it is full of worms. Or something that looks rather like worms. Bright magenta things all slithering over each other. Or, hmm, not full of worms. The walls and floor of the crawl space LOOKS like it's made of worms. Which really isn't great. But that crawl space clearly must go somewhere important.

Khannie, meanwhile, is trying to make sense of the control panel.

[Tower of Oujet]

Laz lines up the death ray's targeting system with the other rift gate and then!

It's time to wait.

There's still some fighting among the remaining quill zombies and those golems are probably doing their best in spite of being damaged already by Anika and Laz so everything is probably a-okay, right? Things are going really well for them! Just smooth sailing from here on out aside from probably a few zombies they'll probably have to wipe out while waiting for the recharge.

That's about the time the blood zombie riftgate dilates like an opening eye and something absolutely godawful squeezes its way out of it.

It looks like...

Like someone decided to cross a giant leech with a squid completely out of tentacles, blood, and obsidian, and then give it way the heck too many wings. The thing is the size of a friggin' bus and blood zombies are burrowing into it like maggots into a corpse. Once swollen with WAY too many undead, the thing spreads its wings and impossibly begins flying toward the tower.

Apparently that awful thing is a troop transport. It probably would have been shot down while all the quill zombies were about but now that they're gone it can begin shuttling masses of undead to the top of the tower no problem.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

Magtok wrote: Jan 17, 2023 7:54 am [Tower of Oujet]

"When that circle there," Saint Lazarus points to the part of the display telling her the next death ray beam isn't ready yet, "-is full, I want you to press the button." In the meantime, she quickly shifts the targeting reticle around, putting the blood zombie portal into view. No reason not to, right? That way we won't have to worry about it in the middle of a zombie attack, or when the weapon is charged and Anika is itching for a chance to smash that big red button.

"But I think that might be a while, and the blood zombies are going to be swarming up towards us in the meantime," she points out, inwardly very giddy and excited about how well things have been going all of a sudden, even as she grips her zweihander tight and prepares for the final wave of ghoulish ghasts and ghastly ghouls. Victory is within their grasp, half the zombies have been cut off from reinforcements, and she didn't do something stupid and waste one of the only two death ray blasts they had! Her original goal with bringing Anika along, that of collecting intel on Blanche, well...that turned out to be a bad idea super early, but at least they'll be going home as successful heroes who saved the day and the weird Oujet gem thing!
Rebonack wrote: Jan 18, 2023 5:00 am[Tower of Oujet]

Laz lines up the death ray's targeting system with the other rift gate and then!

It's time to wait.

There's still some fighting among the remaining quill zombies and those golems are probably doing their best in spite of being damaged already by Anika and Laz so everything is probably a-okay, right? Things are going really well for them! Just smooth sailing from here on out aside from probably a few zombies they'll probably have to wipe out while waiting for the recharge.

That's about the time the blood zombie riftgate dilates like an opening eye and something absolutely godawful squeezes its way out of it.

It looks like...

Like someone decided to cross a giant leech with a squid completely out of tentacles, blood, and obsidian, and then give it way the heck too many wings. The thing is the size of a friggin' bus and blood zombies are burrowing into it like maggots into a corpse. Once swollen with WAY too many undead, the thing spreads its wings and impossibly begins flying toward the tower.

Apparently that awful thing is a troop transport. It probably would have been shot down while all the quill zombies were about but now that they're gone it can begin shuttling masses of undead to the top of the tower no problem.
[Tower of Oujet]

Anika's faintly glowing eyes focus on the slowly filling circle. "Okay, cool." She gives Laz a thumb-up.
Finally something that made perfect sense!
Slowly filling circles and big red buttons that unleashed untold devastation? Now that was her kind of goblin magic!

Then Laz points out the undead horde scourge which seemed to be easy to deal with at this point.
She points her thumb at the door they came through. "So we just need to block the door then? Easy."

She smiles as she steps away from the panel to take a look at the undead which all seemed like tiny little ants from up here.
Well, except for that big one. It looked more like a snake.
A flying snake.
With arms.
That had just swallowed a whole bunch of other zombos...

Oh.

"Umm... that doesn't look good." She gestures at the incoming creature to get Laz's attention and then at the control panel. "Think we can we move the magic pedestal somewhere else?" It didn't really look mobile but you never knew with this crazy kind of magic. "Then like, fire it from there?" Since anywhere else looked to be better than here in a few minutes.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Forsaken Cathedral
The change in Miranda's demeanor is alarming. Charcoal gets the feeling that although her companion agreed to the situation, she still resents it anyway... Which is understandable.
Nothing about this situation is good.
After an unknowable amount of time digging in silence, other sounds begin to intrude on the operation - the muffled clank and scrape of metal on stone.

Neon Forest
Weird worm floors don't really concern Kothar. He steps into the crawlspace with his axe ready.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Forsaken Cathedral]

...Is that...?

The first time she hears the sound, she stops what she's doing, at first assuming that she's hearing her own efforts reverberating back to her, but when the picking continues without her, there's only one conclusion to be had:

They're being rescued.

"Hey! Hey, in here!" Miranda calls hoarsely, banging the chisel against the wall loudly as she starts the final sprint toward freedom. Finally! It feels like they've been down here for years!

...They weren't, obviously. But time has a way of stretching on with minimal companionship and no objective markers with which to measure it.

"Charcoal, get up here and help me!" Miranda hisses, her voice cracking like a riding crop. "We're almost free! Come on, move it!"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Shadowhaven]

Especially if Khannie sits down, she'll have to watch her backpack pretty closely. Backpacks are almost as attractive to steal from as purses from people who aren't paying attention.

Seraphina opens her mouth to protest.

She doesn't bump into dangerous places a lot! is what she almost says. It's obviously not true!

Rather than saying anything, however, she just closes her mouth.
Then changes the topic.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I've been fine so far," she says. Seraphina shrugs. Intending it as a joke (but it hits too close to home to really come off that way), she adds, "All the dangerous stuff tends to happen to the people around me, not actually to me." She sighs, and puts her palm on her temple and fingers in her hair. "Well, I mean. That's darker than I intended. Half of the time, I just show up in the aftermath."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Forsaken Cathedral
Again, Miranda seems more... Vicious... To Charcoal. But she's not about to not work towards escape. "Down here!" she shouts to no one in particular. She bangs on the rock with hammer and chisel alongside Miranda. Hopefully that carries better than shouting.
The sounds of digging begin to get closer to them, and it's a welcome relief when finally they receive word, telepathically, from Sekhmet herself. Miranda? Charcoal? Is that you? She's obviously very worried, and also very relieved. Thank Fate you're alive. We'll be there soon. Uh, if you don't already, the two of you should look human. The, uh, diggers I hired wouldn't be happy to unearth demons.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Forsaken Cathedral]

The diggers will probably be considerably more excited to unearth a pair of nubile, nude women... even if they're covered in limestone dust and haven't had the opportunity to bathe in a few weeks.

Though as with Charcoal, when the last piece of rock comes away and Miranda is able to squeeze through, the diggers are going to find something... off about her. Sure, she's polite enough; the very first words out of her mouth are "Thank you, we've been trapped for too long in there." But there's something in her eyes, in her smile, that suggests they shouldn't have.

She's not well, they say. She's been trapped and now she's going to bind herself to her rescuers. They diggers aren't going to be able to just let her go; she's going to be far too "grateful" for that. And if they try to push her away... surely they've seen enough horror movies to guess how that's going to go.

Oh, shit. She already knows that's what they're going to do. They can see it in her eyes.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Forsaken Cathedral
The diggers are dirty, tired men with picks and shovels, with simple clothes - workmen from a nearby village who are already suspicious about the foreign noblewoman who is paying real gold for them to dig near the abandoned church that, according to their superstitions, is haunted. That's witchy business. Unearthing two naked women is just another sign that something strange is going on here. And that one... She has a strange presence about her. (Ironically, the actual disguised demon is treated with much less wariness - she seems like just a normal person)
But more importantly the two agents are rescued, pulled from the depths of the earth to stand beneath the sun once more. They're in the bottom of a reasonably sized quarry now, one that was definitely not there a week or so ago when they first arrived. The less gentlemanly of the workers are content to ogle the rescuees, while the more gentlemanly bring them to a tent and offer them food, water, and clothing.
A few minutes later, Sekhmet is brought in to see them. She shows not a hint of her normal fiendish appearance. "You're alive! Are you all right? Do you have..." she realizes that she could be overheard here and lowers her voice, "The thing?" Just like the workers, something about Miranda rubs her the wrong way. But maybe she's imagining it, Miranda did just spend far too long buried in a hole in the ground - that's not exactly good for the mind. But there's a presence about her which is definitely not normal. Corruption from the artifact, maybe?
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Welmet]

"Shit. Knew it was too good to be true." Hiep backs away briskly. "This thing is probably going to explode. We need to get away from it."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Forsaken Cathedral]

The less-gentlemanly diggers probably aren't going to appreciate it so much when Miranda stares back at them. Prolonged eye contact seems like a bad idea... though nothing actually happens, her gaze is every bit as unpleasant for them as it was for Charcoal.

When Sekhmet finally gets to meet up with them, Miranda's dressed herself up in her regular outfit again, simply needing the time and place to bathe and get a new set of clothes printed off. She'll be greeting Sekhmet in a black tank-top, boots, white cargo pants and a matching jacket, the chrome-plated hotbox again at her side and the cylinder under her arm.

"I have it right here." Miranda croaks as she holds it out to Sekhmet. If the demon queen grabs hold of it, though, she won't release it immediately; instead, she'll pull it back toward her so that Sekhmet's ear is within perfect whispering distance. "But before I turn it over, I want you to promise me you're going to destroy it." She mumbles, her voice dripping with vitriol. "Not re-purpose. Not place in secure storage. Not just purged of influence. I want this thing reduced to atoms, do you understand?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Forsaken Cathedral
"Of course," Sekhmet is surprised by the vehemence Miranda expresses towards the artifact. Something awful must've happened down there. "After I take it apart to find out how it works." It doesn't take a genius to realize she wants to make one for herself. But she truly will annihilate the one belonging to Sapphira as soon as she can.
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Junkyard]

The moment Wenomir moves, Zeeland does too. The glow of the blue orb floating around his back slightly increases its intensity as he uses its power to speed himself up, letting him sidestep Wenomir's charge and move behind him. Returning to normal speed, he thrusts a finger at the ground to create an explosion directly beneath Wenomir.

"If this is hard for you, feel free to fuck off at any point."
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Shadowhaven]

It's probably a good thing, then, that Khannie is quite adept at paying attention. Honestly it's an important component of being good with illusions. You need to be able to pick up on details in order to add those details to the illusions you craft.

So!

Speaking of details.

It looks like Seraphina is going to object.

But then she doesn't.

Khannie isn't totally sure what's up with that but there's definitely something going on there.

Then there's some consideration of that. Just showing up in the aftermath. "Yeah, I guess so. We didn't really run into the same dangerous stuff that lady and her friends in the swamp did."

Well, they did sort of. Khannie was able to distract or scare the hazards away, though. Which was probably good in the long run. Chances are Seraphina isn't a big fan of zombie goop.

[Neon Forest]

Into the weird wormy crawlspace he goes!

"I'm going to stay out here just in case something tries sneaking in behind you,"
Khannie says from outside the crawlspace.

Probably a wise plan.

Having to fight some annoying skittery things while crawling around in cramped conditions really isn't the ideal situation to employ an axe in.

Anywho! The floor squirms under Kothar's hands, which is weird. And before long he'll find himself kneeling before a beach-ball sized blue orb nested in an embrace of worms. He can make out another one of those key things inside it and the device is flanked with touch screens which no doubt display some sort of important technical information for the machine. Probably controls, too. But I think we all know how Kothar will react to this.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: Jan 21, 2023 6:39 am Forsaken Cathedral
"Of course," Sekhmet is surprised by the vehemence Miranda expresses towards the artifact. Something awful must've happened down there. "After I take it apart to find out how it works." It doesn't take a genius to realize she wants to make one for herself. But she truly will annihilate the one belonging to Sapphira as soon as she can.
[Foraken Cathedral]

"Only if you're absolutely certain you can do that without letting her out." Miranda growls, her gaze flicking down to the cylinder as she roughly shoves it into Sekhmet's hands. "Otherwise, there are plenty of others you could study. I don't want to be the reason she gets a second shot at causing all of that grief around the world. And I especially don't want you to be the reason."

Miranda dusts off her jacket and takes a few steps forward. "In any case, I'm done for a while. If there's anything you need, and I mean need, you have my number. Otherwise, remember that I'm retired."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Welmet

"You go and get the villagers evacuated and safe, I can take it and make sure there's nothing gonna come out once it does, OK? If I die, put me down hard, OK? I don't think I'd be as dangerous as this thing, but the villagers won't be able to handle it." Harriet doesn't electrify the potentially exploding rooster, but she stays stood where she is and invigorates herself ready to react, the geiger counter built into her wrist-computer clicking madly. Her eyes don't leave the giant cockerel, even as she prepares for it to explode.

bc56

Post by bc56 »

Forsaken Cathedral
"There are no others, Miranda," Where did she even get that idea from? As the retired agent steps forward, Sekhmet reaches out a hand to block her. "Not yet. I need to check you over just in case. Make sure you're not possessed and your mind isn't altered. Just to be safe." Of course this isn't the best place to do that, but Miranda seems to want to get out of here as soon as possible and Sekhmet doesn't blame her.

Neon Forest
Solving puzzles is not how Kothar usually operates.
He's just going to grab that sphere and yank it out of its housing. Failing that, he'll smash it here and take the key from inside.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Welmet]

A wise decision, getting away. Hiep has a good moment to seek cover, while Harriet braces herself. All the while, the rooster's burning bulk keeps swelling. Black smoke rises to the sky as a thick pillar. Even the villagers who fled earlier can see it from afar and regard it with dread.

Then, the creature bursts. Droplets of black blood spill in the air, but before they can hit the ground, they ignite, creating what is much like an oil tank explosion. A shockwave of heat and pressure washes over the clearing, setting the trees at the edges on fire. A mushroom cloud of flames reaches for the heavens. Any normal human without cover would suffer burns just standing as far as two hundred meters away.

How is Harriet faring, there next to the inferno?
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 16, 2023 7:27 am [Hog Heaven]

Dena gives her a grin in return. "Then you're welcome to join us the next weekend then." Since even if she hadn't even asked the others yet she would make sure they would go along. "You're going to be something of a surprise guest so try to use that to your advantage." She adds with a wink.
[Hog Heaven]

"Are you sure I'm not going to be intruding?" Tsumi asks. She doesn't like to just trample all over a friend group when only one of them's invited her.

[Clutching Pearls]

"Hm. Hmhm." The tall fellow makes a mild sound, which turns out to be a dry laugh. He reaches out and bops one of the plants Lapis was interacting with - causing it to close up with another schlup. "Fascinating, aren't they? I think so. A defensive reaction. A survival tactic, evolution in evidence. A thousand generations lived and died and lived again to produce... a thing that makes such a silly sound."

The tall man watches the little plant for a moment before saying suddenly, almost absently, "It's very nice to meet you, Lapislazuli." He arches an eyebrow at her. "Well. If the people needed them, why didn't they come and get them themselves? Surely they aren't all sick."
Magtok
Pointy Eared Baby Devourer

Post by Magtok »

[Tower of Oujet]
► SHOW SPOILER
Lazarus looks to Anika with exasperation, as if it were somehow her fault the giant zombie bus showed up, as if Anika had personally and deliberately jinxed them by saying that it would be 'easy' out loud. With a sigh, she adjusts her gear, grips her sword, and shakes her head.

"This stuff is old and barely functional. If we mess with it like that, it could break and stay broken forever," she points out, which would be really bad because then they'd have to run away from here and call someone else in to seal off the portal and clean up all the zombies. Calm Reed could probably fix all of this in just one punch, but Calm Reed can't be everywhere, and can you imagine how embarrassing that would be, calling her in to stop a zombie apocalypse just because a bear and a swordswoman screwed everything up and got all the neighboring towns and villages eaten because she got in way over her head?

"We fight here. If you have any special secret druid powers you can only use once a day, anything that might make this fight a little bit easier, to keep them from swarming us, now's the time," Saint Laz cautions, as she takes one hand off her sword and raises up to her mouth. She pauses for a moment to brace herself for the pain, and then chomps down on her own hand, teeth sinking in between the armor plates. It hurts, but it helps refocus her senses, makes the bestial instincts flinch and cry out in confusion. She sighs, and with that exhale, begins to give herself over to her id, her bloodlust, her need to kill and ravage and ruin and destroy. Lazarus has been made into a cornered animal, and those stupid gross blood bastards are going to learn that a cornered beast is one to be feared most.
"You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
-Daniel H. Wilson
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Murkus wrote: Jan 23, 2023 12:14 am [Hog Heaven]

"Are you sure I'm not going to be intruding?" Tsumi asks. She doesn't like to just trample all over a friend group when only one of them's invited her.
[Hog Heaven]

"Nah, I've been meaning to set this up for quite a while and our date is just the perfect excuse for it. Been all too long since we did something like this. Way too much work lately." She takes a quick bite of food. "-which is why I'm here. Not even gonna think about my job for a while." Well, that and the pregnancy.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Forsaken Cathedral]

"When did you become a licensed psychotherapist?" Miranda snaps. "If anybody's going to be poking around in my head, it's going to be Miss Mouchabière when we get back to GLoG, not some-"

Miranda catches herself and takes a deep, calming breath. "...Sorry. Didn't mean it quite that way." She says, still carrying an acrid undertone to her voice. "...It can't hurt to do a preliminary screening, I guess. But I don't want you touching anything, understand? You don't know how it was all put together before I came on this mission, I can't be sure you'd know how to put everything back."

If Sekhmet is capable of doing this on the spot, she's going to feel that Miranda's personality has been shifted as a result of corruption. The part of her that's spiteful and angry is a bit closer to the surface than it was before; not nearly enough so to be a core part of her identity, but enough to manifest in petty ways, like word choice and smaller mannerisms.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Clutching Pearls]

"I think they don't like people touching them," Lapis helpfully points out.

All very true.

They DON'T like people touching them. Or anything touching them, really. But the important part here, yes, is that they make a silly sound and retreat into their protective stalk when disturbed. Leave it to children to be amused by living things that react in a funny and non-threatening way when pestered.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mister," Lapis replies, feeling a little uncomfortable that she can't append a name to the title. It feels a little rude to her. But at the question of why Lapis is doing this instead of someone else she swells with pride. "They said the forest is too dangerous and they needed a hero to get them for them."

And that is, clearly, what Lapis is.

A hero.

That someone is allowing her to take all the risk to gather what they needed doesn't strike her as a negative. Lapis largely has trouble grasping transactional relationships.

[Tower of Oujet]

It's really a pretty terrible sort of deal. One dumb phrase and now everything gets worse. Of course, that isn't actually how it works. It was just coincidence that awful squidbus showed up moments after Anika started gabbing about how this would be smooth sailing. It isn't like the universe itself is just waiting for someone to speak out of turn so it can drop several tons of awful monsters on them.

Right?

Anyway, speaking of several tons of awful monsters, the party bus can't exactly hover so it's going to have to make several passes. As it swoops over the top of the tower it proceeds to vomit about a dozen or so zombies in the general direction of our heroes. Only about half of them actually land on the tower. The rest miss completely or bounce comically off the edge and plummet to their doom. It would be almost funny if not for how terrible this is. The fact that the thing puked a bunch of burning, corrupted blood everywhere doesn't help either.

Our heroes get the initiative here. The six undead are floundering around like landed fish. They're the relatively unremarkable obsidian armored sort with a motley assortment of bludgeoning tools in place of arms.

[Neon Forest]

Ripping the sphere out of the wall?

That's definitely a way to do it.

The device comes loose with a wet tearing sounds and now Kothar has an orb! Thankfully nothing accosts him on the way back out. Khannie gives the device a critical look, what with all its gross pink wormy bits hanging off.

"You really don't like puzzles, do you?"
the girl asks rhetorically.

The answer to that question is pretty obvious.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Shadowhaven]

As Khannie appears to be paying attention, the pickpockets will make sure to avoid her. No point in risking going after someone like her, then, while there's other people around.

"Yeah," Seraphina says.

To be honest, Seraphina really isn't a fan of zombie goop. Becoming a zombie sounds pretty awful. Not really her thing. At least with vampires and werewolves and some ghosts there's the 'sexy spooky monster' stereotype, but with zombies all she would get is the ability to pull herself back together after falling to pieces. And slime goop zombies probably don't even get that, they just groan and hang from trees or something.

"Well, um."
Seraphina looks at the map again, looking for which possible routes could go to her destination. Then cranes her neck, looking back at the bus station to find what destinations are available.
"I can't see the bus routes from here. Going to head back to the buses to see," she says to inform Khannie where she'll be in case anything comes up. She starts to head back.

The train Khannie needs comes soon. Pretty soon.
There's not really much to do during this time, though. Maybe stop at a food truck, sit around while warding away pickpockets, talking to random people sitting down and waiting, or listen to the guy who just showed up with a cowbell, trying to recruit adventurers. Apparently, it seems, a nearby village and a lord's house just got engulfed in 'solidity and unchangingness and matter' with its hope and dreams and potential to change being stripped from it, and they're trying to recruit people to check it out, determine dangers, and figure possibilities for rescuing survivors. Sadly, Khannie's train arrives far too early to check out that place, which is fine because she probably needs to get home anyway.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Forsaken Cathedral
Sekhmet shakes her head. "It's perfectly safe, and it will only take a moment." All she has to do is first unleash a little bit of her inner demon back into her outer demon, then touch Miranda on her forehead.
Unfortunately this is the worst possible time for the foreman to check up on the rescuees and find his employer with horns and a spade-tipped tail, touching one of the others with a swirl of hellfire and darkness. His face blanches, and he immediately ducks back out, unseen by the demon queen.

"This, uh, I can't say. Uh, physiologically, you're fine, but, uh, there's something here. Something... Spiteful. Given that, uh, I'm not sure how much of is you and how much is, uh, her influence," as Miranda said herself, Sekhmet doesn't know Miranda's baseline mental state, "I don't feel safe pulling it out. So you should talk to Sophie."

Neon Forest
"Wise man uses lock to keep valuables. Fool uses funny riddle." Kothar things puzzle-based security is silly. He hands the sphere over. "Here."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Welmet]

Hiep runs, just as Harriet asked her to. She doesn't think much of Harriet's chance of surviving, but she had made her choice, so that's that. The Sidereal focuses on reaching any locals still in the area.

"You should get out of here. The monster you sacrificed people to just exploded. It might get worse."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Welmet

The fire-resistant insulated material of Harriet's blue jumpsuit begins to smoulder and then burn, though the heat and flames do little to one drawing power from Hyperion. She tans, and get a slight sunburn, which drives her a few steps away, but the energies she's stolen from the sleeping god have a similar flavour and grant a great deal of respite from the assault. They do not protect her from gunshots, however, and when the heat cooks off the pistol rounds in her belt, the scavenger yelps and frantically starts taking it off, though before she manages it one of the bullets goes through her foot and she screams and falls over.