Outside: Grass touch place

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Outside: Grass touch place

Post by Halae »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 13, 2023 8:36 pm [Well Training]

Ambrosia had already heard all about the flame legion so she had no questions regarding this particular subject.
Instead she's going to focus on how Emily reacts to what Thariza is saying. It struck her how strongly she reacted to these sorts of subjects.
"Most societies have in-fighting unfortunately. If they don't there's usually other problems that might be even more concerning. The dragons I study can in most cases not even form family units without getting into huge conflicts. So any sort of larger society is usually out of the question." With a few but notable exceptions.
Morty wrote: Apr 14, 2023 5:51 pm [Well Training]

"They're zealots." Thariza blows on the fire as it starts to build. "They used to rule all of Charr society with their false gods, but then the other legions knocked them down a peg. Now they skulk in the badlands, making trouble and trying to put their boots on our necks again. I had my fair share of run-ins with them when I served in Ascalon."
[Well Training]

"Hmm. Interesting. Sounds like a long story there," Emily doesn't comment on the situation. She doesn't have enough information regarding the charr to be able to make an intelligent point about them, so she doesn't bother; it'd be rude and patronizing anyways, "Ambrosia, you study dragons?"
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.

Tags:
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Well Training]

The scholar just stares at Emily for a moment. "I never told you? It's usually the first thing I tell everyone but as your interest laid in martial arts I must have forgotten."

She looks to Thariza as before she was having this discussion there was something to be attended to. Namely their tea. "Thariza, would you be so kind to start putting in the tea leaves? Just like I showed you before." She picks up the carefully packed leaves and hands them to the charr.

Then she turns back and nods to Emily. "But yes, dragons are a big deal where I'm from." She gestures to herself and smiles. "You might for instance have noticed that I dress as one. It's a custom from back home to claim heritage to them and scholars like me are supposed to find evidence for such claims."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

bc56 wrote: Apr 13, 2023 2:08 am Maids on a Train
Jade staggers back as well, rubbing her aching head. Normally she wears a helmet when she does that. Fortunately she's more used to it than her opponent, she recovers quickly and follows it up with a right cross to the face. If she can just bring this last murder maid down she can start making sure everyone's all right and worrying about the fact that her clothes are turning into a frilly maid dress.

[Maids on a Train]

The murder maid is down! All it takes is tying her up, and the murder maid will never murder again.

Even while Jade has to fight against her frills, she'll see that pretty much everyone is alright. A couple people (non-maids) are frightened, but are now able to calm down once the danger is over. And, if Jade looks forward, she'll see the two former-corpses-now-maids are being dealt with up ahead.

So, realistically, the only thing Jade has to deal with is the fact that her clothes have changed.

The mermaid up ahead, after glancing back and spotting Jade getting up, waves at her to say 'hey look i have this handled'
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
Jade brushes her skirt off and walks back to the mermaid. "You all right?" she looks fine, but Jade doesn't know much about mermaids. She's sure this one wasn't wearing such maid-y clothes though. Jade glances at her dress again. "I hope this isn't permanent. I liked that outfit."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Well Training]

Thariza busies herself with the tea, being very careful to observe Ambrosia's instructions. Tea brewing isn't exactly her forte.

"Sure is. Of course, once they were gone it took another external enemy for the legions not to turn on each other. Like Ambrosia said."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Apr 20, 2023 3:50 am Maids on a Train
Jade brushes her skirt off and walks back to the mermaid. "You all right?" she looks fine, but Jade doesn't know much about mermaids. She's sure this one wasn't wearing such maid-y clothes though. Jade glances at her dress again. "I hope this isn't permanent. I liked that outfit."

[Maids on a Train]

The mermaid keeps on laying on top of the maid.
She has a thought, and decides to take one of the maid accessories from the maid, and tie up her hands with that with a pretty basic knot.
"Hey, yeah I'm fine. Saw these two leave the bathrooms and thought they might cause problems," she says.

Once the maid is tied up enough, the mermaid sits up (still on top of the maid's back). She looks down at her own nearly-transformed outfit. "I mean, I could live with this. It looks pretty nice and fancy," she says. The mermaid shrugs, and feels at the skirt part. "Well, it's got a bit less structure, so it might be a bit harder to get around. Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure something out, though." She flips her fins.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Apr 18, 2023 5:15 pm [Riverside Moonwell]

"You again? Why don't you come over here if you're so tough?" After roundhouse-kicking another creature, Hiep once again picks up a rock that very conveniently seems to be there.

She throws it at the small creature and as before, it glows yellow as it flies. If it hits, however, it will lodge itself in them and flies back towards Hiep. It won't carry the creature all the way, but it might yank it off their platform and throw it on the ground.
[Riverside Moonwell]

"Incomplete infidels!" The little creature declares as he shake his fist at Hiep just as the rock is about to strike him. But rather than lodging itself into the carapace the creature catches it mid-air with blinding reflexes.
"The same trick won't work twi-" Which is when he's pulled fist first into the air and lands face first on the ground.

"Death is too good for you...~" A barely audible rasp can then be heard as the battle continues. Since at this point the biomechanical beings seem desperate at even landing a hit on Hiep while in Anika's case they have a hard time making a hit matter. They're quite relentless though and show no signs of being willing to back down even if they're not having much success so far.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Well Training]

Emily weighs the words from both of them, thinking about the topic. Eventually, she says, "I dislike that that happens. cooperation shouldn't need to be enforced at the end of a weapon; yours, or the enemy's."

"As to the dragons... They really are looking for some kind of descent? As far as I was aware, dragons don't even have kids the way we think of them - they're masses of elemental magic and concepts that grow into a primordial form. I could see being taught by them, or blessed - I've got evidence of that from my homeworld - but the entire concept of being descended from one just doesn't track."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Well Training]

"Emily, I'm sure you realize that dragons, like all other beings, come in many forms and shapes in the nexus so some variants can actually have offspring with humans. I've even talked to such people. However, as much as I hate to admit it, in this case it isn't really true no. My job is simply to speculate in how it could be true." Ambrosia admits and pauses as to see Emily's reaction.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Well Training]

Emily points at Ambrosia, "I refute that point. I should not, in fact, make an assumption that a given type of entity works on different rules in the Nexus when my experience is to the contrary. Humans are all the same here, magic works the same here, even the one spirit I've encountered works the same; why would dragons diverge from my understanding of them? That they do is the weird point, and I should not be criticized for making an assumption on them that's held true in other areas."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Well Training]

Ambrosia raises an eyebrow. Now that was not what she expected to get refuted. Curious.

"At first glance perhaps. But humans are as diverse as everything else here. Did you for instance know that Wenomir lacks a soul? It's completely absent in him while clearly present in other humans such as his co-worker commander Mithar. Yet her soul is radically different from other humans I've met around here. I'm digressing though. The point I wanted to make is that we all filter the nexus through our own lenses. Try to understand it by our own terms. Which is all well and good. But that instinct makes it easy to make the assumption that everything is the same when its not."

She makes a dismissive gesture. "But you're right in that one probably shouldn't make that assumption however. Not right away at least. I've just studied this place for quite a while now. It effects your basic understanding of things."
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Apr 25, 2023 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Riverside Moonwell]

Those bastards are persistent. Hiep and Anika can't fight them off forever. The Sidereal starts falling back towards the druid, keeping the enemies at bay with wide, sweeping kicks.

"We have to break through to their leader!" she cries out as she tries to jump onto Anika's back again. If Anika charges forth, she will find her resolve and speed increasing.

[Hunting Lodge]

"True. We don't want to send them straight into danger." Silent Feathers is pensive for a moment. "We could make it more indirect. I need to become stronger and they will help me do it. With any skills or magic they might have. I have no wish to wage war, regardless. Making my community more secure is all I want."

[Well Training]

"The tea should be ready soon," Thariza comments as she steps away from the pot. "That the High Legions needed an external enemy to keep the peace is something I understood while I was here. Once I started thinking about it. Before, I was... rolling with what made sense at the time."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
"You need help? It can't be easy to move on land without legs." Jade can't even imagine what that's like, and she has no idea how to help... And knowing her luck, just saying that will cost her her legs, at least temporarily. The universe seems to love doing weird things to her.

Hunting Lodge
"I'm sure they could create wards or gather reagents," Sekhmet replies. It's a much safer and therefore more acceptable task. "Is there anything like that you specifically need?"
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 18, 2023 7:19 am [Hog Heaven]

It's Dena's turn to back away at this barrage of attacks. While she did use a shield she was hardly the type to stand her ground and fight, even while drunk. So as she's blocking the attacks she moves to the left (or right depending on the oni's main hand) to give herself some space.
But at the last second, potentially due to her impaired judgement, she decides to instead making a leaping jump and try to use the shield to bonk Tsumi's hip. Her intended target. Or her butt-cheek if she overshoots.

She then tumbles around in the cloud of dust but somehow manages to come up standing. Much to her own surprise judging by her expression.
"Aw shit, you ruined my pants." There's certainly a gash in them near Dena's tight. Though If she actually managed to injure the gorgon or not is hard to tell in the dust.
[Hog Heaven]

Damn. Dena manages to fly by and slap Tsumi on the butt with her shield. It makes quite a noisy, solid 'plap'. Girl's got great glutes. Tsumi whirls around with a look of some astonishment on her face, mouth open, then erupts with cheery laughter.

"I guess that's one and one, then!" Tsumi declares, laughing mouth exposing her long, sharp canines. She's drank enough and the situation is funny enough that her eyes even water a little.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Hunting Lodge]

"I will need to consult with the wise ones among my people." Silent Feathers seems to be warming up to the idea. "It will be best to have them deliver something neither me nor my people can acquire on our own. It will both make the mission seem more plausible to them and be more fruitful."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Apr 25, 2023 10:38 pm Maids on a Train
"You need help? It can't be easy to move on land without legs." Jade can't even imagine what that's like, and she has no idea how to help... And knowing her luck, just saying that will cost her her legs, at least temporarily. The universe seems to love doing weird things to her.

[Maids on a Train]

The mermaid twirls her hair, then pulls at the skirt part of the outfit she's wearing. "Before it changed into this, my skirt had some kind of cage thing with wheels at the bottom. Stopped being useful a few months ago 'cause the motor died, but..."
She uses the seat next to her to pull herself up. "but, y'know..." She gets into a quasi-standing position, balancing on her mer-tail. "...it's actually quite..." She hops, and almost loses balance, and flails her arms a little to regain balance. "...simple, really! See? Walking isn't that hard..."

The mermaid grabs onto the seat to stop herself from falling over. Then, she corrects herself. "Well, okay, it's not the easiest but it's still not that hard." She puts her fist in a ball and pounds it against her chest. "But! I'm amazing at climbing! Flat ground is pretty hard, okay, but so long as there's something to grab on to, I'm fine. What'd help the most is a grappling hook, I think. Like, the kind you see in those spy thrillers that lets you basically fly from building to building. Or some kind of skateboard I can lay on, then I could grapple something and use it to zooooooom across the ground."

The mermaid shrugs, trying to make it seem casual and like she doesn't really need help. Of course she doesn't need help! Her pride wouldn't allow it. "Yeah, the only really annoying thing about going around on land is how slow it is to move around. I don't want you to think I'm helpless to get around: I can get anywhere I want! Just...slowly, sometimes."
Last edited by Thursday Violist on Apr 27, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Morty wrote: Apr 24, 2023 10:00 pm [Riverside Moonwell]

Those bastards are persistent. Hiep and Anika can't fight them off forever. The Sidereal starts falling back towards the druid, keeping the enemies at bay with wide, sweeping kicks.

"We have to break through to their leader!" she cries out as she tries to jump onto Anika's back again. If Anika charges forth, she will find her resolve and speed increasing.[/color]
[Riverside Moonwell]

The goblin leaps up from a laying to a standing position as Anika comes bearing down on him at terrifying speed. Just going through the attackers like a bear-shaped bulldozer.
Yet the goblin stands his ground despite the fact that not even the toughest of his followers seem to be able to. As if simply waiting for them to reach him. Grinning all too confidently.

[Hog Heaven]

Dena kneels down as if to inspect the gash but her gaze is only on Tsumi. "So we're calling it even then? Or is your goal to strip me out of my clothes one round at the time?" She inquires, looking as if she's about to burst out laughing at any moment as well.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Hunting Lodge
"That sounds good," Sekhmet agrees, "So what do you need? Some artifact maybe?" Sekhmet knows the cult has done archaeological digs at times so it wouldn't be out of the question.

Maids on a Train
"I didn't mean it like that," Jade backpedals when it seems the mermaid is insulted by her statements. It sounds like she doesn't want help, which leaves Jade unsure of how to proceed. "It's good that you can get around on your own."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Riverside Moonwell]

It's never a good sign when an enemy is smiling in your face. Doubly so when you're charging him on the back of a bear. But she sees little recourse but to keep charging. That's usually her method. She jumps off Anika's back, trying to land behind the creature. She's wreathed in golden light as her purpose crystallizes and pushes her on.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Hog Heaven]

Tsumi wipes a tear from her eye, beaming, and whirls the wooden blade. "Well, now, when you put it like that..." Tsumi takes a game stance... but doesn't jump right into anything. "If you want to stop, we can. Although I can't make any promises for your clothes if we go ahead."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Riverside Moonwell]

Once again the goblin proves to be extremely quick as he flicks around to face Hiep with one of his hands outstretched towards her.
However, that means that he has his back turned to a charging bear.
Yet just as she's about to crash into him she makes contact with his other hand first which the goblin is holding right behind his back.
And in an instant she just stops as all her momentum seems to have been stolen away, causing her to just fall over to the side with a surprised growl.
Where did all her momentum go? It's about to go straight at Hiep as the goblin shoots it out in a blast cone from his outstretched hand.

[Hog Heaven]

Dena grins. "Oh yeah? Afraid I have to break it to you, but giving someone gashes isn't as sexy as it sounds." She starts brushing her pants off as she stands up again. "So do you do this with everyone that you talk to or is it just me?"
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Apr 27, 2023 8:32 pm
Maids on a Train
"I didn't mean it like that," Jade backpedals when it seems the mermaid is insulted by her statements. It sounds like she doesn't want help, which leaves Jade unsure of how to proceed. "It's good that you can get around on your own."
[Maids on a Train]

The mermaid giggles at Jade's reaction.
"I like you, you've got some good reactions," she says.

She hops back towards her seat.
Hop.
Hop.
Hop.
She turns and looks at Jade, and says, "But can you imagine me going around with, like, crutches or something? Everyone would ask if they can sign my cast and how long until my leg's better, then I hold out my fins and stare at them like they're slugs, or something." She giggles again.
Hop.
Hop.
She sits down on her seat again.
"Actually, it might be better if I could fit a pun into that or something. Hey...I can't think of any right now, do you know any 'walk'ing or 'run' or 'leg' or 'foot' puns or figures of speeches I could use?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Hunting Lodge]

Silent Feathers frowns, then opens his eyes as if struck by a sudden thought.

"There is something that could be of use to me, but I cannot use or study myself, because it is as anathema to me as it is to the one who holds my chains. Devices and sorceries devised by ancient dweorg... or dwarves or small-folk, as they are also called. Against fey. Your cultists could help me procure it. And aside from my own defence, it could be of use to the King's other enemies." His wings sway as he thinks. "With any luck, working with me and my people will appeal to them and they will stay for good, easing some of your burden."

[Riverside Moonwell]

Oddly, Hiep does nothing to protect herself against the blast. She takes the full brunt of it with a sense of resignation and acceptance. She's hurled back like a rag doll...

...and then she's back. Snapping back into her previous place as if nothing happened. Her sandals glow briefly as this occurs and, with a confident smile of her own on her face, she aims a spinning roundhouse kick at the goblin's head. One that reflects the aggression of his own attack.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
"I don't think people would mistake your tail for a broken leg even if you were on crutches," Jade comments. Crutches seem like a good option to her, but it sounds like the mermaid's pride gets in the way of anything that would make her seem crippled.

Hunting Lodge
Sekhmet considers. "That could work. I think it's a good idea. They could help with that and it wouldn't be superficial." She nods. "We just need to go give them the message."
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

bc56 wrote: Apr 30, 2023 2:32 pm Maids on a Train
"I don't think people would mistake your tail for a broken leg even if you were on crutches," Jade comments. Crutches seem like a good option to her, but it sounds like the mermaid's pride gets in the way of anything that would make her seem crippled.

[Maids on a Train]

"Hmmm..."
The mermaid shifts how she's sitting, and looks at her tail.
"Hmmmm."
She shifts again, and imagines a broken leg.
"Yeah, you're right. Crutches won't work. I would probably need some kind of prosthetic fake leg to convince anyone I have a broken leg," she says.
The mermaid shifts again, and then discovers she's uncomfortably sitting on a feather duster. She grabs the duster so she's no longer sitting on it, and then holds it against her lips like it's some kind of moustache.
She sighs. "Guess I have no choice but to just get a grappling hook somewhere."

She then fwips her feather duster and swishes it like some kind of magic wand, pointing it at Jade. "Or! I guess I could just learn magic. There's got to be some kind of magic that gives you legs, right?" she asks Jade. "What do you think? Magic's got to be easy to learn, right? You look like someone who's probably good at magic, so you're probably an expert in it."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Maids on a Train
"I'm no good at magic, you're better off asking someone else," Jade answers, "I know just enough to know it's an absolute pain, it's completely inexplicable, it never seems to work the way I need it to, and it goes out of its way to make my life miserable, almost as if it has a mind of its own," Hopefully that duster doesn't actually function as a magic wand, or it might end up proving Jade's point.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Hunting Lodge]

"Yes, and it needs to be a well-crafted message." Silent Feathers Drifting has a lot of experience with it. And Sekhmet will need it. "How we tell them is as important as what we tell them. Can you send them a vision of some kind? A dream, perhaps? One that tells them to gather in a particular place? Or we could send Zhelshu, since she's already liaised between you and them. One way or the other, you will need to meet them in the appointed place and introduce me."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Hunting Lodge
"Mother would probably have show up unannounced. Or, uh, prompted them for a sacrifice first," Sekhmet doesn't like those options. "I, uh, could probably send them a dream, but I'd have to wait until they're asleep." That's not really a bad thing. It gives them time to work out a good message, at least.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 28, 2023 9:44 am [Hog Heaven]

Dena grins. "Oh yeah? Afraid I have to break it to you, but giving someone gashes isn't as sexy as it sounds." She starts brushing her pants off as she stands up again. "So do you do this with everyone that you talk to or is it just me?"
[Hog Heaven]

"Oh, you didn't actually get gashed, did you?" Tsumi looks like she'd rather that didn't happen. "I'm pretty sure you bruised my ass, at least, if it makes you feel better."

"To answer your question, just the cute ones," Tsumi says, leaning on her sword. "And the ones that might let me cut them out of their clothes, apparently." She flushes a little, but winks.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Hunting Lodge]

"Yes, doing anything your mother would have done is to be avoided." Silent Feathers is rather stating the obvious here. "You will need to compose a message first, regardless. I can help, if you need it, but it must ultimately be yours."