Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Home

Post by Gullara »

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many kilometers apart from one another, or in separate dimensions.

This thread is meant for players who want to do RP in characters' homes without making their own separate thread.

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post: It's important that there is a clear way to differentiate the locations in a meta-thread. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it: A residence cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in, burn it down, knock on the door, etc., but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. Players are permitted to make additional OoC rules, if they want, that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice: If there are any disagreements between players please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

This thread is managed by Gullara. Please contact me for updates to the OP.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Home

Post by Keeper »

The Dancing Fox Inn

The Dancing Fox is old, but not decrepit. Worn, but not run-down. Well-lit but not bright. Old-fashioned but not out of touch. It's many things, but not gone yet. Made mostly of old wood with polished wooden booths and tables, though now sporting many large cushions for certain-shaped people to sit on in lieu of chairs. Shiny brass keys adorn the wall behind the counter. And it seems, perhaps, to be just a tiny bit larger than it seemed from the outside, and the oddest sense of something more there. Like walking into a temple, almost.
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[The Dancing Fox Inn]

A visitor makes it into the inn. He seems to be doing a round of such places first thing in the Nexus. A tall, towering man draped in a green cloak held by a bright steel clasp, with a hood covering his face. His face is weather-worn, with dark grey hair streaked with silver, green eyes and a silvery tattoo that encircles his left eye in a concentrated pattern. He has a long beard, tied into a neat braid.

Being who he is, Mist will no doubt realize that the newest patron of the establishment is a demigod. Behind his imposing physical stature hides a soul filled with the mercurial essence of the moon, one that marks him as a divine apex predator and Luna's shapeshifting god-monster. He acts like nothing but a common traveler, however.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Dancing Fox Inn

The server that approaches the Lunar is certainly odd. A somewhat "short" and slim centaur (still the height of a short human on a slightly small horse) in a thin shirt and a black scarf. Despite his horse features his hair and coat are black and silver in a way that's oddly reminiscent of a silver fox, especially with his vulpine eyes. But what's more, a soft breeze seems to kick up at his approach despite the windows being closed, and he casts no shadow, though the shadow of a bison and a lynx sit nearby despite the absence of any such animals to cast them.

"Welcome to the Dancing Fox. I'm not the Fox since I can't dance. Can I get you something?" Mist asks cheerily. He kept the tagline despite no longer obviously looking like a fox. He could give himself the ears if he really wanted to.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Dancing Fox Inn]

"Some beer would do fine." The massive bearded man nods. "Am I to understand there was once a fox here that danced?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Dancing Fox Inn

Mist trots back to the bar to pour some beer from the tap before returning with the glass.
"Well there certainly have been foxes, but I can't confirm their dancing status. The name was there before I started working here, and I don't think Naku ever explained it to me..."
If she did it has since been pushed out by other memories.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Dancing Fox Inn]

"I see." The man pauses as he waits for the beer. "Do excuse my curiosity. I am Askeladd, a storyteller. I've been visiting places where people might meet and share stories. Yours has its own unique air."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Dancing Fox Inn

Mist sets down the glass on a table for Askeladd.
"My name is Mist. I'm the owner here. I sure hope the Fox has something unique about it. It's got a lot of history. And magic. It has a lot of that too." Some of it is recent, some of it is old.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Dancing Fox Inn]

Askeladd takes a look around.

"I can feel its history around me, yes. It is an old place. I have heard that violence is impossible within its walls and I believe it's true. Though I have no plans to test it."

It seems that whoever this man is, he has a strong sense for the unseen and uncanny.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Dancing Fox Inn

Mist smiles at the man.
"You seem to know lots of things. You must get around. You seem like the kind of person who remembers great tales as much as you make them yourself."
That is to say, he seems like the type to have punched some very big and important things in his time.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"That would be correct." The man pauses.
"I suppose there is little point in hiding it. I am a storyteller, yes, but I am also a chosen of Luna, the deity of the moon. You may have felt it already. I am traversing this strange world in search of stories. And trying not to... impose myself and create stories of my own."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Dancing Fox Inn

Mist hesitates, as if wondering how much he should say.
"I'm sure Luna is a very wonderful deity, to have someone like you as their champion. I um. Well. I'm locally sort of the god of the wind? I just help some of the locals, really. Thirty tops. It's been uh. Very sudden."
Very, very sudden.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Dancing Fox Inn]

"I have met many deities with followings just as small," Askeladd replies in an understanding tone. "It's a humble life, but to their followers they're more important than the distant gods of skies and mountains. Were you mortal before?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Dancing Fox Inn

"Um yeah. About three days ago. Things have been moving very quickly." Mist admits sheepishly.
Honestly this is one of the first times he's been alone since that point. He keeps waiting for someone to pop in asking for his advice on something he knows nothing about.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Dancing Fox Inn]

"And now people come to you, seeking guidance, advice and aid." Askeladd seems to have figured it out quickly. Or maybe it's just that obvious. "And with your tenure of godhood being three days, you feel unequipped to give these."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Aug 06, 2022 12:36 am Six Months Ago

"Okay, sure. As long as you think it's fine." Anastasia smiles, all too happy to go along with Eliseo's plans. She keeps looking down at herself, feeling another gentle surge of euphoria at how perfectly the dress fits her. Although she guesses the neckline is a little low... wait, was that why- her cheeks redden a little as she follows her boyfriend back through the aisles.
[Six Months Ago]

The two head to Eliseo's place after their shopping trip, each with bags in hand. Eliseo really meant it when he said to not worry about price, because they might have gotten Ana half a wardrobe. They arrive and dump the bags in the kitchen. "You're dress is lovely." Complements Nadia, before she forces Irena to vacate the first floor so the two can have some alone time.

The two put on a movie and snuggle up close. It's some cheesy flick, but very date night appropriate. The investment in it is pretty low. "Did I mention you also look super hot in that dress?" Eliseo asks, a foolish little smile on his lips and his cheeks red.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

Anastasia grins in delight as they step back into Suncrest Manor, doing her best to lug all these new clothes herself until Eliseo insists on taking a bag for her. She smiles and thanks Nadia when complimented, earnestly appreciating it.

Soon enough, the pair are all snuggled up in front of the tv, and Anastasia blushes, blinking in surprise. "Um, I think you did once or twice... and I definitely noticed you staring," she responds with a sly little smile.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

"I can't help it. Just look at you." His eyes wander down again. "You're definitely not going to believe me, but the view was a pleasant surprise." He winks then laughs.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

Anastasia's cheeks turn hot pink at that. "Y-yeah, Im starting to think you picked it for that reason," she tries to tease, but it's hard to try and hold that footing.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

"But you like it though." Downright villainous. She definitely shouldn't believe him. He glances at the screen. "How invested are you in this movie?" Oh, she knows where this is going, doesn't she.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

"Hm, maybe a little," Anastasia lies. It was actually quite a lot. "And not a lot, really." She did, indeed, have an idea of where this was going, and had no plans to dissuade any of it. Truly, falling for the villain's trap.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

That's all the invitation Eliseo needs. The boy leans in and presses his lips to hers. By this point, making out is a favourite pastime for these two. With a reasonable assurance of privacy, Eliseo shifts Ana to straddle his lap at some point. He's perfectly happy to swap spit for the rest of the runtime of the movie.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

Anastasia smiles, her cheeks bright, and the making out swiftly begins. It's like these two are constantly looking for excuses at this point in their relationship, frankly. As it continues though, things start getting a little more heated than usual - at least, until something shifts, and the kitsune suddenly pales.

"Um- s-sorry," Anastasia nervously squeaks, breaking the kiss and shifting off Eliseo. She shuffles an inch or so back, hands finding a throw pillow and tugging it across her lap. She glances back at Eliseo and then looks back downwards, fingers clutching the cushion tightly.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

"Um..." Eliseo blinks a few times, like coming out of a trance. He's all flushed and disheveled. "Ana, um, are you okay?" He glances down at her hands, but then makes an effort to make sure he's only looking at her face.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

"I- u-um, yeah, I'm- I'm fine," Anastasia lies, trying to play things off as her mind races in a panic. Oh gosh, was it really going to happen like this? She'd been so careful - she hadn't been ready to tell him yet! But - he's not freaking out. M-Maybe he didn't notice?
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

Eliseo rubs the back of his head. Okay, he's going to have to try and navigate this... "So... I think I know why you're upset. You know you can trust me, right?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

The kitsune looks back up over towards Eliseo, a sudden shiver running through her as a knot twists in her stomach. So he had noticed. "Y-yeah," she answers, fear and anxiety flitting through her blue eyes as she glances out of the room. Deep down she knows that it's true, but right now she's too shaken up to earnestly believe it.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

"It's... okay? I mean, it's really okay." Eliseo gets his footing as he goes. "I don't mind- No, that doesn't sound right. Like, I'm totally cool with it. You don't need to feel bad about your body or anything like that. I'm just surprised, not upset. Promise." Somehow he's sure he's fumbling this, but he's doing his best.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

Some of the panic starts to subside as Eliseo keeps talking, and his girlfriend nods shakily, starting to calm down with deep breaths. It wasn't perfect, but the intent was getting through, and that was having an effect. "I- you're- you're not upset?" Hope starts to return to her voice. Her worst fears aren't coming to pass after all, are they?
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

"I'm really really not." Eliseo replies with all the earnestness he can muster. "You're beautiful, and I love you."
~Images by Soushiyo