Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: Home

Post by Ironsmith »

[Benedict's Manse]

Camoflauge and its Practical Applications.

Cute, Jubilee internally comments. But everyone knows you don't just pick one random book to be the trigger. What if Benedict had a houseguest who genuinely wanted to learn about camoflauge? Jubilee could easily see herself idly looking over the book and finding his ritual chamber by accident. Always better to use two books, she thinks. Ideally on unrelated subjects.

...But that's enough internal criticism of the occultist's interior design. She can find other ways to keep emtertained between now and the ritual.

As they proceed down the cells, Jubilee notices the spider-creature but leaves it uncommented upon. Of course Benedict has a few oddities bound down here. He was far too certain of himself to have not at least made the attempt, and if he didn't, one of his ancestors surely did, and was not courteous enough to dismiss the monster afterward.

She gives Samantha a little shake as she passes by the cell. "Eyes forward, dear. This is not a minagerie."

...Well, technically it might be. But that isn't why they're here.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Benedict's Manse

Benedict rarely has house guests. And has already demonstrated the ability to move rooms around in this building, so possibly the book only exists when Benedict needs it.

"But... It looks like me, if I didn't have a face anyway." Samantha continues to stare at the apparently-empty cell, and has caught Benedict's attention.
"Don't look at it. It feeds on Innocence, with a capital i. You qualify, and that's attracted its attention. It's dangerous, and I daren't let it escape- for one, I can't see it, and I have a child upstairs. My father trapped it, I don't know how, and I keep that around as a reminder to keep the wards refreshed." Benedict gestures at the spider, and Samantha looks over at it with a confused expression.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Feb 21, 2024 3:58 am [Aftermaths and Futures]

Jostan narrows his eyes and looks between the two. "I can hardly do that without seeing the theorems, or at least being told what you were trying to do." His eyes settle on Reilana.

"Uhh, just more complex and directed thanergetic parthenogenesis." She explains, at a very high level. It's technically accurate without stating an exact goal.

Jostan eyes her for a moment before looking back at the mess of bone. "While I'm no bone practitioner, I can recognize a complete lack of thanergetic control when I see it. Often seen with students who have little control over the thanergy they're drawing."

Reilana purses her lips, doing her best not to retort with a snarky reply. Unfortunately he's right. "It's not my best work."

"No." Her father agrees. "Now for heaven's sake, help Dulcinea up. Then clean up this mess. I'll discuss this matter with Tamawhetu." With that he sweeps out of the room.

Reilana turns back to Dulci with a pained expression. She's just burning with frustration and shame. "Sorry... let me help you." She offers her hands for Dulci to grab.
[Aftermaths and Futures]

"You're alright, sweetness," Dulcinea assures, taking Reilana's hand. She does her best to ease the process and prop herself on the ridge of the shattered bed, steadying herself against Reilana's chest and shoulder. A small part of her wants to make a cheeky remark when she notes the destruction in full, but its clear Reilana is not in the state for it. "You're not hurt, are you?" she asks, surprisingly gentle.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

"No I'm fine." She replies, embarrassed. Especially since it was Dulcinea that was at the most risk. But she won't dwell on it. Not out loud at least. "Sweetness, huh?" She questions, a slight smile coming to her lips.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Flats and Cats]
► SHOW SPOILER
"Yeah. Ive been pretty boots on the ground for it, too." Blanche stares quietly into her coffee, the seriousness of the topic setting in. She shakes it off though, and recovers with a polite smile. "Well, uh, what about you? How's your work been going?"

[Aftermaths and Futures]

"Darling, my whole thing is pet names. I thought you'd noticed," Dulcinea coos, flashing her usual crooked little grin. "Assuming you don't mind, at least."

After a moment of tenderness, Dulcinea turns back to the bed. "Do you have any ideas how all of that happened? I've never seen something like that before."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Richard's Residence]

Geneva looks positively perplexed at this point.

"Where jeans a problem for you before? I was under the impression that leg wear is a normal aspect in most human cultures," the hippogriff asks.

Khannie, for her part, snorts with laughter over yonder.

That comment might have been completely misunderstood.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Richards' Residence

"Well, I had to buy them. And wash them. And put them on in the morning. And now I walk around in quite a smaller ensemble."
Which usually is a bag and something around his neck. His legs and backside, once usually clad in denim, are now quite bare. As is the style for unicorns since they have nice fancy coats.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Flats and Cats]

Normally perhaps, Elizabeth would be grateful to escape the sudden serious topic they'd landed into. She's not a good conversationalist, so has no idea how to navigate this stuff. Unfortunately, the next topic seemed to be work. The less said about her "work." the better. Especially to a VIGIL agent. She shifts uncomfortably.

"... It could be worse." She finally settles on, which is technically true I guess. Sure she's not making rent, and now constantly checking over her shoulder in case those assassins ever show up again, but she's at least able to eat whenever she actually remembers to. "But uh, things aren't going great, y'know... you uh, actually, uh, don't like, maybe have a little bit of money you can lend me? A bit of a long shot, but hey, a girl's gotta try.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Feb 27, 2024 12:14 pm Benedict's Manse

Benedict rarely has house guests. And has already demonstrated the ability to move rooms around in this building, so possibly the book only exists when Benedict needs it.

"But... It looks like me, if I didn't have a face anyway." Samantha continues to stare at the apparently-empty cell, and has caught Benedict's attention.
"Don't look at it. It feeds on Innocence, with a capital i. You qualify, and that's attracted its attention. It's dangerous, and I daren't let it escape- for one, I can't see it, and I have a child upstairs. My father trapped it, I don't know how, and I keep that around as a reminder to keep the wards refreshed." Benedict gestures at the spider, and Samantha looks over at it with a confused expression.
[Benedict's Manser]

"That'll be a thing he can see, because he's been a bastard at least once." Jubilee explains in an aside to her apprentice. "Or at least, that's what I would assume from the context. Wouldn't be much sense in a reminder he can't perceive, and the one that would work best would be one that works because he can't perceive the thing he's trying so hard to keep locked up."

She decides not to mention that she can see the spider-thing. If Samantha hasn't pieced that together yet, this isn't the time for that revelation.

"Anyway, I believe we had a ritual we were trying to do, yes?" She continues, urging Samantha along with a little push.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Richard's Residence]

"I'm not sure if I understand what the problem was?" Geneva says, utterly perplexed.

"Dad's making a joke that he hasn't gotta wear 'em anymore," says Khannie who, unlike her father, is wearing a skirt that drapes over her back legs with a little belt-like flap at the top for fastening over the base of her tail. Given her propensity to stand up on her hind hooves pretty regular she figures it's a good idea to keep clothed all the time. Also it's... comforting to her. Given her background.

Things that wore nothing when she was a child were feral pokemon.

"I see," says Geneva, who still doesn't get it. Sometimes her grasp of jokes can be a little lacking.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Richards' Residence

And that's why Jace keeps his shoulder accessories. He doesn't want to upset Khannie.
But also horses and horse-like-people don't wear pants. It just looks silly. And how would Jace even get them on?
"Well, point is that it's very different. And my perspective on some things was altered in the process, which would probably be worrying but I am choosing not to do so. I have to save all my worrying for Khannie and how I'm supposed to deal with being a double-role parent again. But even more this time." Kit will have a proper mom since Jace is engaged. But he is of course still by all accounts Kit's single biological and metaphysical parent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Feb 28, 2024 4:05 am [Aftermaths and Futures]

"Darling, my whole thing is pet names. I thought you'd noticed," Dulcinea coos, flashing her usual crooked little grin. "Assuming you don't mind, at least."

After a moment of tenderness, Dulcinea turns back to the bed. "Do you have any ideas how all of that happened? I've never seen something like that before."
[Aftermaths and Futures]

"Sure. Just trying out that one." Reilana's definitely used to pet names, but she's noticed the rapid change in character. It's nice.

Speaking of things that aren't so nice, the necromancer sighs. "No, not really. It's like Jostan said, that's an amateur level of control. I don't know, maybe I'm just off my game today." There's not much conviction in her voice.
~Images by Soushiyo
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Benedict's Manse

"Samantha, is it? In five years, make your mistress rue her words. Puberty apparently makes you a bastard, at least once." Benedict's lips quirk into a small smile, perhaps a clue that the cold-blooded man is lying. The spider cares about killing, the closer and more personal the better- and it's quite focused on Jubilee, as well. Because I didn't mention it, the cell Samantha's looking in also has binding diagrams on the floor, in salt ash and sugar; but the sugar is the innermost and salt the outermost.

"Yes, the ritual chamber. This way, please. Ignore the spider and the Faceless Child." It's at the end of the corridor, a heavy wooden door bound with bronze studs, which opens very easily. Inside is a dark chamber which Benedict illuminates by drawing a symbol in the air with his finger, that floats up and starts to glow. There's a cupboard which Benedict opens, pulling out a box of candles, a bottle filled with blood, and a cheap disposable lighter. He'll give the candles and lighter to Jubilee before he starts to draw the nested heptagrams, the head placed ready in the centre of the room so the diagram is being drawn around it.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Benedict's Manse]

Jubilee rolls her eyes at the quip. "Yeah, well, that isn't exactly wrong, is it?" She mutters, as they continue onward toward the ritual chamber.

She takes the box of candles and starts around the circles as soon as Benedict finishes drawing the diagram, gesturing for Samantha to follow her. "Tallow on the internal points, beeswax on the exterior." She recites, setting a few down herself. "If you're having trouble keeping track, beeswax melts at a higher temperature and has a different tactile streak to it; if you don't know which you're holding but do know it's one of the two, rub your finger against the side. If it starts to bend and feels oily, it's tallow. If it flakes and feels more like a crayon, beeswax."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Benedict's Manse

Samantha nods and puts down candles. "What happens if you put the candles on the wrong points?"
"Theoretically? Nothing. Practically? Hopefully nothing. Either way, the power added is lost, and for someone like me... Well, my practice is broader than it is deep. I generally use a trinket or other object as a battery to power such rituals, I don't have the depth of mana to fuel a ritual- even one as minor as this- from start to finish." Benedict pulls out a glowing crystal welkynd stone, which was also stored in the cupboard of ritual objects. "Do you know how to use such a battery to fuel your magic, or does your power seep deeper into your being than mine?" Benedict would prefer not to use the welkynd stone; he's got a lot of them, but they aren't cheap or easily replaced.

Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Mar 01, 2024 12:07 am [Aftermaths and Futures]

"Sure. Just trying out that one." Reilana's definitely used to pet names, but she's noticed the rapid change in character. It's nice.

Speaking of things that aren't so nice, the necromancer sighs. "No, not really. It's like Jostan said, that's an amateur level of control. I don't know, maybe I'm just off my game today." There's not much conviction in her voice.
[Aftermaths and Futures]

"I can always pick a new one if you'd prefer it, dearie~" Dulcinea doesn't shy from making clear how much fun she's having here, though she quickly adjusts her tone with the topic. "It's possible, I suppose, and you could just be out of practice. Have you done any necromancy since that night?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Aftermaths and Futures]

"No, but..." Reilana rubs her neck. She really doesn't think that's an actual excuse. "I might have had some problem with the theorems. I can try to replicate what I did to double check my work. Theorems don't influence intensity, but maybe this just looks like an intensity issue. Or maybe there was some outside influence, but I don't know what that could be. It was invisible if it existed."
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Earl of Purple wrote: Mar 03, 2024 2:26 pm Benedict's Manse

Samantha nods and puts down candles. "What happens if you put the candles on the wrong points?"
"Theoretically? Nothing. Practically? Hopefully nothing. Either way, the power added is lost, and for someone like me... Well, my practice is broader than it is deep. I generally use a trinket or other object as a battery to power such rituals, I don't have the depth of mana to fuel a ritual- even one as minor as this- from start to finish." Benedict pulls out a glowing crystal welkynd stone, which was also stored in the cupboard of ritual objects. "Do you know how to use such a battery to fuel your magic, or does your power seep deeper into your being than mine?" Benedict would prefer not to use the welkynd stone; he's got a lot of them, but they aren't cheap or easily replaced.
[Benedict's Manse]

"I suspect we have some incongruent ideas of what constitutes magical power." Jubilee replies, kneeling next to the heptagrams and touching her fingers to the very tip theatrically. "...But suffice it to say I will have more than enough."

As if on cue, the candle wicks will suddenly ignite themselves, in synchronization with a little head flick Jubilee performs, staring directly into the eyes of Jackson North. Despite its origins, the fire itself is nonmagical; it will burn exactly as intensely and as long as it would if set through the use of a match or lighter. Jubilee just had a way of doing it faster.

Jackson North might not much enjoy whatever fate Benedict has set for him, but truth be told, there are worse ends available than death. The occultist had even outlined one; being trapped in a glass jar, filled with foul chemicals, without the benefit of arms or legs or really anything to elevate one's status above complete helplessness, drowning all the while but unable to die.

What a truly unfortunate end. And one Jubilee will have no trouble providing the will to facilitate.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Meowmai wrote: Feb 28, 2024 11:51 pm [Flats and Cats]

Normally perhaps, Elizabeth would be grateful to escape the sudden serious topic they'd landed into. She's not a good conversationalist, so has no idea how to navigate this stuff. Unfortunately, the next topic seemed to be work. The less said about her "work." the better. Especially to a VIGIL agent. She shifts uncomfortably.

"... It could be worse." She finally settles on, which is technically true I guess. Sure she's not making rent, and now constantly checking over her shoulder in case those assassins ever show up again, but she's at least able to eat whenever she actually remembers to. "But uh, things aren't going great, y'know... you uh, actually, uh, don't like, maybe have a little bit of money you can lend me? A bit of a long shot, but hey, a girl's gotta try.
[Flats and Cats]

Blanche may not be the most socially skilled catgirl in the world, but even she picks up on the anxiety in Elizabeth's body language. She raises a brow, then blinks in surprise when Liz asks about money - and yet, she doesn't seem particularly offended. "uh, yeah - I suppose I could... you're not in trouble, are you?" The look in her eyes might not be too hard for Liz to read. Money troubles? Does that mean her sister has some sort of debt going on? She knows Liz is inclined to rather shady activity, what if she owes the wrong person or something?
~Welcome to Night Vale
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Benedict's Manse

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Screams the head, as the candles ignite. The eyes fly open, spittle- and probably traces of the preservative chemicals- fly from its lips, as Jackson North awakens with a jolt.
"You are lucky that worked. The candles are supposed to be lit non-magically, a sacrifice of effort rather than a casual display of power." Benedict is ignoring the head as it continues to scream, instead returning the welkynd stone to the supply cupboard.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH-AAAAAAAAAAAH!" Samantha winces and covers her ears.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Benedict's Manse]

"If manually lighting a little over a dozen candles qualifies as 'effort', it might be time to alter the definition a little." Jubilee says, watching the head scream for a moment. Something is oddly satisfying about that. The man being in genuine pain, or terror, or something, after all the grief he gave her apprentice. He deserved it.

...Granted, she never witnessed any of that. But she knows his kind well enough.

After letting him scream a moment longer, Jubilee licks her fingers and extinguishes the nearest candle, ending the ritual.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Mar 04, 2024 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Benedict's Manse

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH-" The head suddenly cuts off as the candle is extinguished, only for- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" it to become clear that was so Jackson's disembodied head could inhale more air so he can scream louder.
"This is most unpleasant." Benedict sighs and sketches a symbol in the air with his hand, white light following his finger to create a hovering glyph which he then pushes over Jackson's head, silencing it. The head continues to scream, it's just being absorbed by the sign. "I don't know how you have managed this. Sacrifice of effort is perhaps misleading, it's ritual behaviour to ensure the symbol is pure of stray contaminants. Distractions or petty thoughts that might interfere with the ritual, or emotions or sources of power influencing the flames as a result of your pyromancy." It's certainly a Calamity from the point of view of Jackson's head, confronted with phantom limb pain in an entire missing body with no sign or evidence of it ever stopping again.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Benedict's Manse]

"...Well, then." Jubilee continues to stare at the head, a small smirk on her face as she considers the implications. "If this doesn't stop on its own, does that mean we now have a perpetually-screaming Jackson North head? Actually, scratch that. I doubt he'll scream forever, he's bound to get used to not having a body sooner or later." She frowns. "Although that will be rather tiresome in the meantime. Fortunately, I have a solution."

The priestess kicks off one of her shoes and starts working on removing the corresponding stocking, not seeming to mind doing so in full view of both Benedict and her apprentice. "This isn't the part where you tell me that removing the head from the array is likely to break the reanimation, is it?" She asks, giving the nylon garment a little stretch. "Because I expect we're out of the realm of your particular expertise."

While Benedict answers, Jubilee busies herself wrapping the stocking around the head's open mouth, fashioning it into a makeshift gag to prevent his screams from going unmuted if and when they carry him out.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[brackets lover] wrote: Feb 16, 2024 3:41 am [Skye's Apartment]

Asami tilts his head at Mary, red bubbly question marks manifesting above his head. "What?" Asami exclaims, taken aback by Mary's suggestion. Why would you insult someone in a fight? These kids must not be very good at fighting if they have time to. Or maybe its all for show? Pretty strange in Asami's opinion.

At any rate, it seems the insult was taken well. Which is strange. Earthly folk are ok with insult between friends, sure. But Mary and Skye were Asami's enemies. Then again, WHY were they his enemies really?

There's only one real option here! Never address this issue. And with that issue unaddressed, Asami's free to not worry anymore. "So, uh... Do you have any games?" He asks casually.
bc56 wrote: Feb 19, 2024 3:21 pm Skye's Apartment
Mary mentally rolls her eyes at the gracious acceptance of the insult.
She waits for Skye's response to Asami's question; she has no answer to the question.
[Skye's Apartment]

Skye's eyes light up at the question!

Which may be a little worrisome.

"I have a Gateway board! I used to play with my father. I could teach you, if you like," the seriousness and formality of Skye's speech patterns hasn't gone away, but it's definitely being shunted to the side by her enthusiasm. She evidently loves whatever Gateway is.
bc56 wrote: Feb 19, 2024 4:31 pm A Succubus Problem
The pain is intense. It seems to last forever... Or maybe moments.
The smoke rising off Sophie and Trick forms into a wispy figure; a rough approximation of Sekhmet in her full succubus form. As it gets more defined, their altered features begin to recede and return to normal, and the pain lessens.
Morty wrote: Feb 23, 2024 11:12 pm [A Succubus Problem]

Sophie almost falls to her knees as the pain intensifies and only manages to keep herself from doing so by holding onto Trick for dear life. If she was still mortal, she might have blacked out by now. Even now, the pain lessening is a welcome relief.
[A Succubus Problem]

As the pain lessons, and the changes begin to fade, Trick lets out a long, relieved sigh, as she gets classic Sophie back and loses the things that were making her so... extreme. It's nice to be able to think again without issues.

Though, she does suddenly have a problem she didn't before, and is holding onto Sophie tight to deal with it.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Skye's Apartment]

Asami loves seeing Skye's enthusiasm, so he returns the energy. Though he does frown a bit at the word 'father'. "Oooh, I've never heard of that before. Let's try it!" he cheers.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Skye's Apartment
"Sure? Let me try to get back to my body," Mary replies.
She reaches out, and Skye will finally feel the demon princess's presence exit her mind.
Then there's the sound of stirring in the other room as Mary reawakens in her own body.

A Succubus Problem
Sekhmet breathes a sigh of relief now that the initial problems are fixed. Then she turns on the apparition that materialized in the circle with Sophie and Trick.
"What do you think you're doing?"
The figure doesn't answer. It's just a fragment of Sekhmet's power, not anything resembling one of her Names; it doesn't have the presence of mind to respond.
Sekhmet sighs. "Fine." she reaches out a hand and touches the figure. It dissolves into smoke and flows up her arm into her nose and mouth, and then, nothing.
She relaxes. "It's done. You can come out of the circle now."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Benedict's Manse

"It won't last forever. Just so long as the head has power. If you're maintaining a connection, it will de-animate when you cut it, or if there's a battery of designated power, it'll run dry eventually. I do not know the method you used to provide the power to the ritual array, which is no longer doing anything. It channels your energy into the effect desired, no more." If Jubilee doesn't know how to cut any connection she established, perhaps sufficient distance will stop the head drawing more power.

Benedict is more interested in Jubilee disrobing than Samantha is, though it's not a very invested interest; he's got two wives and doesn't know Jubilee well enough to consider adding her to his family. Jackson North's head continues to scream, though it is at least muffled now and Samantha uncovers her ears.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Benedict's Manse]

"That could be... interesting, then." Jubilee concludes, slipping her shoe back onto her bare foot. "My magic is a form of moirathurgy; fate-bending, in layman's terms. I've pushed his fate in another direction, which is not going to need active power from me in order to maintain. In essence, that means he'll be like this until someone or something de-animates him, which will likely be both easier and harder than it sounds, since we can all push against fate and have some amount of curse-breaking potential, but I can push a lot harder than most."

Jubilee smirks and gives Jackson's nose a little boop. "Get used to this, North; this is your life now."
Last edited by Ironsmith on Mar 05, 2024 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Benedict's Manse

"Oh, that is funny. Jackson did always wish to break the fate of death; now it seems you've done that for him." Despite his words, Benedict doesn't laugh; he's not a very warm person so humour doesn't come easily to him.

Jackson seems to have recovered, at least partly; he's glaring at Jubilee, instead of just screaming and rolling his eyes. Samantha is smiling at him, somewhat pleased at his displeasure- or possibly at the pain that's also visible in his eyes.

Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Benedict's Manse]

"Hm. Yes, I suppose I did." Jubilee smirks, returning the head to its formaldehyde jar and sealing it up after. "And ostensibly by accident, no less. The irony is quite delicious, isn't it?"

You know what? This is way better than roasting him. Jubilee seems to be about as pleased with this outcome as her apprentice is.

"...I'll still be paying you for your trouble, of course." The priestess continues, producing a purse from under her shawl. "We'll say... [amount] for the materials, [amount] for the labor and storage, and... well, I'm in a good mood. How about we round that up to [modest but not insignificant amount], and call it good?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,