Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by Ironsmith »

[Quick Aside]

Siana nods, blinking back tears, not seeming to realize at first that Jaahlyn won't be able to hear that. "...Right. Okay." She sniffs. "I'll... I'll meet you there."

click!

Siana hands the phone back to Obriane and settles back into the Sophie, looking ever-so-slightly more at ease. Jaahlyn's still got her back. That's going to come in handy in the coming days.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Ironsmith wrote: Apr 27, 2023 2:22 pm [Uninvited]

The young strigoi says nothing, but reaches over for her cane and slowly pulls herself to her feet, hobbling in plave for a moment to get the balance sorted out before she starts walking toward the door.

"Thank you." Owena gives Kitsuki a cordial smile and steps into the room, holding out her arm to keep Siana from leaving without her and pulling her into a sidelong hug when she gets close. "...Beautiful place you have here. I'm sure my sister would have said as much if these were happier circumstances. She wasn't any trouble, I take it?"

Siana breaks out of her gloom just long enough to shoot her sister a little glare. She's sixteen, not six. Geez.
[Uninvited]

Kitsuki smiles, a little bit forced. "Thank you, and no." Kitsuki lies just a little, but figured she's answering the question truthfully in the way it was intended. "She's tried to be quite helpful, actually."
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

"Has she?" Owena smiles, in a strained look that seems caught somewhere between confusion, anger, and polite restraint. "That's good to hear. Staying busy and useful can be quite helpful for processing these things. I'm glad you gave her the opportunity to do so. It means a lot to us both."

Siana visibly winces at that. "O, please, can we go?"

"In a moment." Owena gives her sister's hair a little stroke and continues. "Is there anything you need to be compensated for before I leave? Broken dishes? Structural damage? Anything that might have caused you undue stress?"

Siana fidgets uncomfortably. "O, please stop, she's been nice..."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 26, 2023 8:23 pm Unfortunate Timing

10 years was as long for her as it was to anyone. Her feeble meat-brain couldn't really comprehend the unfathomable amount of time her full self had been alive for. It was all just captured in single moments with undetermined time gaps in-between them.
"...this wasn't why you and your ex broke up was it?" She inquires before adding. "Not that I want to snoop. I'd understand if you don't feel comfortable with the subject." She was certain she had like a billion of exes but those were memories that she never seemed to be able to recall all that well.
Unfortunate Timing

"Huh? No, Syela was into it to be honest. We broke up over different stuff. Don't worry about that." he waves a hand. It's not that he doesn't want to talk about it. But...that just doesn't seem like the kind of thing you talk about with your current girlfriend. Is it?
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

"Right, sorry. I shouldn't have asked." Better change topic, quickly. "I like that you're so, uh, cool with it though. It's not often you meet people that are as experienced with things like this as you are. Recall when I appeared on your chest after, um, entering your dream? You probably took that way too lightly to be honest." She awkwardly rubs the back of her head. "While you will insist I shouldn't I've kinda wanted to, y'know, returned the favor somehow." Maybe that's part of the reason she was in his apartment in only her underwear.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

"Wait, that? That was like a year ago, Jaahlyn." Jim smiles, shaking his head.
"So that's why you were trying to surprise me at home, huh? Paying back on a year old incident?" It seems silly to him, but still endearing that she's still worried about that.
It did make him uncomfortable at the time but he's never really been upset about it. Dreams and intense memories can have intense effects, he got that.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

"Maybe." She replies, blushing lightly. "I mean, not for that specifically but... our one year anniversary is coming up and it feels like I should show how much I appreciate you. Since it doesn't feel like I've done a lot of that lately. Been too busy with everything but you." The satyr reaches out to gently stroke his hair. "Feels like I've been a bad girlfriend y'know?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

Ironsmith wrote: Apr 28, 2023 4:21 am [Uninvited]

"Has she?" Owena smiles, in a strained look that seems caught somewhere between confusion, anger, and polite restraint. "That's good to hear. Staying busy and useful can be quite helpful for processing these things. I'm glad you gave her the opportunity to do so. It means a lot to us both."

Siana visibly winces at that. "O, please, can we go?"

"In a moment." Owena gives her sister's hair a little stroke and continues. "Is there anything you need to be compensated for before I leave? Broken dishes? Structural damage? Anything that might have caused you undue stress?"

Siana fidgets uncomfortably. "O, please stop, she's been nice..."
[Uninvited]

Okay, Kitsuki's not that bad at reading people. She's not exactly sure what she said that set Owena off, but she'll try and step delicately around this. "No, really, it's fine." That's an... interesting series of questions. "She hasn't caused us any problems." Yet, but that's the idea.
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

"Really?" Owena's eyebrow goes up. "That's interesting. On the phone, it sounded as though it was an urgent matter. Something which could not have waited until dusk." The strigoi crosses her arms over her chest. "Yet when I get here, I find my sister is practically comatose, and no indication that she is, or ever was, an imminent threat to anybody." Her hand shoots up to forestall the obvious objection. "Not even that would qualify, guilt-racked as she so obviously was. So forgive me the discourtesy, but as her sister, I would be remiss not to ask..."

Owena's gaze hardens in a split second. "What the hell?!"

Siana grimaces. This conversation is about to go very badly.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: May 02, 2023 7:25 pm Unfortunate Timing

"Maybe." She replies, blushing lightly. "I mean, not for that specifically but... our one year anniversary is coming up and it feels like I should show how much I appreciate you. Since it doesn't feel like I've done a lot of that lately. Been too busy with everything but you." The satyr reaches out to gently stroke his hair. "Feels like I've been a bad girlfriend y'know?"
Unfortune Timing

"Jaahlyn. You worry too much." Jim insists, though he does smile.
Would he have gone through all this trouble and confronted a killer for a bad girlfriend?
"I appreciate it anyway."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Kitsuki puts her hands on her hips, her face twisting into a frown immediately. Oh great. "Excuse me, but you have no idea what's going on in our lives right now. I never said she was causing us direct grief, I said I needed you to pick her up. Besides, I hardly have the time to give her the attention she needs. We have new babies in a new home, so forgive me for expecting that she'd be better off with her sister."

The rise of irate voices hushes the background sound of kids. Only the TV maintains it's regular volume. One small face peeks out from behind the kitchen cupboard, but soon shrinks away. Annie, from the couch, however appears less skittish and just openly observes the conflict. She's sure not drawing extra attention to herself, though.
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

Owena's gaze continues to bore into Kitsuki unwaveringly, apparently not dissuaded by her explanation. While Kitty's response seems justified, it's also... worryingly vague. She still hadn't explained why she needed Siana gone so soon, only that she did. She explicitly says Siana isn't doing anything to be a burden, and in fact has tried to be a help... and yet she can't be permitted to stay even for a few hours longer.

There's still something amiss here. And that Kitsuki refuses to tell her what is only making it more suspicious.

"...I am going to make this very plain to you, ma'am." Owena begins again. "It took a considerable massing of resources to make the daylight commute back to Butterfly Bay possible. I'm missing university classes to be here. The trip back will be several hours, during which it is not clear that the cloud cover I conjured will hold. Even with it, traveling here and back is going to be quite painful." She gives her hand a little flick, sending a particularly strong whiff of that burning smell straight for Kitsuki's nostrils. "I love my sister and I'm more than willing to go through all of that to make sure she gets home safe. But demanding it, when unnecessary, is what we Maesdans refer to as tymeth... or, as you may call it, a 'dick move'."

"There's no more to be said on the matter." She continues, putting her hand on Siana's shoulder. "But it needed saying regardless. If you ever have guests in this home again, I pray they recieve better treatment than this."

Siana winces again as Owena turns her around, heading for the door. "Was that really necessary? She didn't do anything..."

"Siana, my bones are on fire right now. Yes, that was necessary."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: May 07, 2023 7:33 pm [Uninvited]

Kitsuki puts her hands on her hips, her face twisting into a frown immediately. Oh great. "Excuse me, but you have no idea what's going on in our lives right now. I never said she was causing us direct grief, I said I needed you to pick her up. Besides, I hardly have the time to give her the attention she needs. We have new babies in a new home, so forgive me for expecting that she'd be better off with her sister."

The rise of irate voices hushes the background sound of kids. Only the TV maintains it's regular volume. One small face peeks out from behind the kitchen cupboard, but soon shrinks away. Annie, from the couch, however appears less skittish and just openly observes the conflict. She's sure not drawing extra attention to herself, though.
Ironsmith wrote: May 07, 2023 8:03 pm [Uninvited]

Owena's gaze continues to bore into Kitsuki unwaveringly, apparently not dissuaded by her explanation. While Kitty's response seems justified, it's also... worryingly vague. She still hadn't explained why she needed Siana gone so soon, only that she did. She explicitly says Siana isn't doing anything to be a burden, and in fact has tried to be a help... and yet she can't be permitted to stay even for a few hours longer.

There's still something amiss here. And that Kitsuki refuses to tell her what is only making it more suspicious.

"...I am going to make this very plain to you, ma'am." Owena begins again. "It took a considerable massing of resources to make the daylight commute back to Butterfly Bay possible. I'm missing university classes to be here. The trip back will be several hours, during which it is not clear that the cloud cover I conjured will hold. Even with it, traveling here and back is going to be quite painful." She gives her hand a little flick, sending a particularly strong whiff of that burning smell straight for Kitsuki's nostrils. "I love my sister and I'm more than willing to go through all of that to make sure she gets home safe. But demanding it, when unnecessary, is what we Maesdans refer to as tymeth... or, as you may call it, a 'dick move'."

"There's no more to be said on the matter." She continues, putting her hand on Siana's shoulder. "But it needed saying regardless. If you ever have guests in this home again, I pray they recieve better treatment than this."

Siana winces again as Owena turns her around, heading for the door. "Was that really necessary? She didn't do anything..."

"Siana, my bones are on fire right now. Yes, that was necessary."
[Uninvited]

Obriane's head comes peering out from around a doorway and what she sees causes her eyes to widen. She seems to, briefly, consider stepping into the room before thinking better of it and just return back from where she came.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Kitsuki watches them leave with pursed lips, but refrains from further remarks. No, she does not want to escalate. That would not help the situation at all. The whole point is to keep a low profile. Kitsuki instead simply ensures the door is closed and locked behind them. "Bitch." She mutters under her breath before turning away.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Keeper wrote: May 06, 2023 6:01 pm Unfortune Timing

"Jaahlyn. You worry too much." Jim insists, though he does smile.
Would he have gone through all this trouble and confronted a killer for a bad girlfriend?
"I appreciate it anyway."
Unfortune Timing

"It's what I do. Pretty sure being anxious is a part of my 'essence' or whatever." She remarks with a small awkward smile which slowly turns into a more mischievous grin. "But, if you're OK... do I get to see Jay again?" The satyr winks and it isn't clear if she's joking or not.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

Jim crosses his arms, still blushing a little bit.
”Well I can’t change while observed so you’d have to turn around.”
If Jaahlyn does turn around for a while she can come back to Jay, her hooves up on the ottoman.
”Hm. So. You don’t think we went overboard, do you? I mean I was trying to distract a satyr but still…”
Jay is looking a bit more self-reflective, looking over herself.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

"Oh, I mean... okay." Jaahlyn was almost about to say that he doesn't need to but changes her mind mid-sentence. After all, he readily agreed to it so he probably found it as entertaining as she did despite the way he was blushing. So she turns around on the bed to give Jim, or Jay, an unobserved moment.

"Just tell me when I can look again." Jaahlyn remarks almost at the same time that she can hear Jay's voice. Which now that she understood their connection couldn't help but to feel had elements of Jim's voice in it.

Eagerly, she turns back and gives Jay a good look. She would have felt dirty giving someone who at least looked like a stranger such a scrutiny if Jay hadn't been looking at herself in such a similar fashion. They were both exploring her in a way.

That question makes her hesitate though. "Uh, overboard in what way? I mean, you look spectacular." She has reached out to touch Jay's left wing as it was the part of Jay's body she felt the most comfortable touching right now. "Since trust me, you're still distracting a satyr." An experimental joke as she wasn't sure how comfortable Jim/Jay would be with this.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

It’s true that despite having a different accent, the mask doesn’t really change the way Jay and Jim speak. They have the same diction.

”Well, you know. I’m supposed to be a big Vettir who likes work and I’m some kind of wild cow so the thighs make sense.” She does in fact have very strong looking legs.
”But you know. The chest, the hips, the half-buttoned shirt and no pants. Did we lay it on a little thick? I mean it clearly worked.

The wings are basically useless. They were just there for flavor.”

No one her size should be able to fly.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

Jaahlyn takes Jay mentioning all these aspects of herself as an excuse to give those a closer look. She was certainly... thick.
But rather than letting herself being too distracted by that she focuses on what Jay was saying about the wings as she was touching those at the moment. "I think they still look good." The satyr comments as she runs her hand over Jay's leathery wings. She tries to make it sound casual. Like no big deal.

"And you said you based it on me, right? I would have to have some deep-seated self-image issues if I thought you went overboard." She teases with a grin. She was getting slightly bolder as Jay didn't show any signs of self-consciousness so far. Perhaps since this mask was Jim projecting more of his confidence in these sort of things? It would make sense considering what the mask had been made for.

The satyr quickly taps Jay's shirt, more specifically the part of it where her cleavage ended. "And I've also worn stuff way worse than that in public. Remember how I showed you that dress I used to wear in that one dream?" It was the one that left her chest exposed. "So what I'm saying is that I might not be the best judge on going overboard." She let's out a giggle.
"But my, uh, point was that I think the whole thing is kind of sweet in a weird way."

She pauses as she meets Jay's gaze. "So let me ask you this in turn, Jay. How hot do you think you are? On a scale from 1 to 10." Jaahlyn teasingly pokes her elbow into Jay's rib. "Y'know, between us girls. Since I'd give you a 10. No doubt."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

”Well we started there, and then I suggested going bigger because you don’t really scream the ‘strong farm girl’ look we were going for. And also looking just like you would be kind of awkward you know?”

Jay doesn’t seem to know how to answer the question.
”I mean. Well. I guess that was kind of the intent. But I think I wouldn’t go for someone quite so big. Have you ever seen…an auroch, that’s what I am. They’re big.”
As seen by her legs. The hoof on the ottoman is much bigger than Jim’s are.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

Jaahlyn nods to the answer nonetheless. That would have felt awkward. "It's more of a, uh, homage to me, yeah."
She pauses.
That had sounded weird. Not to mention narcissistic.
"I mean... you know what I mean, right?" She had gotten a bit distracted when Jay had kept mentioning how 'big' she was. Her gaze just briefly looking at Jay's legs once she brings them up before wandering upwards again.
"Sorry, you're just a bit distracting." The satyr tries to laugh it off but it felt like her mind was far too deep into the gutter already. "So, um, good job. The satyr part of me is getting a little bit out control just seeing you." She let's out another, more awkward, laugh.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

Jay looks down at Jaahlyn and smiles, her gray eyes bearing a distinctly mischievous look.
"Oh? And what's the rest of you thinking?" she asks.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Butterfly Bay]

As soon as she had stepped on the Riftline train she knew where they were going as she had been there before.
It was wolf-town.
Well, it wasn't actually called that but that's how she remembered it. A scary place which also happened to be the home of DEATHKISS.
Now wasn't the time to be scared of wolves or visit the band though. She had a reunion to make.

But first, as they step out of the riftline train, she had something important to tell her traveling companion. "Arne... before we go to Siana's home I got something important to tell you. Siana accidentally killed a number of people and she's plagued with guilt. So she's not in the best mind space right now. As you can probably imagine it's really eating her up inside to have so many people's lives on her consciousness."

Unfortunate Timing

"Uh..." Her gaze moves even further up. "Well, just how tall you are now and that I have probably been with another fey like this in some previous incarnation." A beat. "Maybe more than one time. I have a vague memory of it."

Another pause.

"But it's mostly satyr thoughts right now."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

If this news bothers Arne, his face won't be showing it. As he steps off the train, momentarily distracted by its presence and the experience of having ridden it, Arne turns to look at Jaahlyn and gives a little nod. "...I understand." The black-clad knight rumbles. "...Or rather, I understand the feeling of guilt. I... required some time after my first kills, as well. To take full account of my actions." He waits until they're by the exit stairs to follow up with, "What I do not understand is how that came to pass. The Siana I know is sickly. She can hardly walk, let alone kill someone."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Butterfly Bay]

"She cut a building in half." Jaahlyn remarks in a somber tone which might come off as a bit deadpan.

Though Jaahlyn is anything but trying to be humorous here. "I'm not sure if that's a surprise to you, but it was to me at the time. She didn't know there were people inside of course. It looked abandoned and we were in something of a tight spot..." The satyr let's out a small sigh. "But yes, I certainly wouldn't say that she's weak anymore. At least not in that regard. For obvious reasons I'd prefer if this is kept between us and Siana. As plagued by guilt that she is, turning herself in won't make things any better for her or her family."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

"Well."
Jay definitely is pretty tall.
She's looming over Jaahlyn, that smirk on her face.
"If you want we could not think for a while."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

"...She did?" Arne's surprise, this time, is at least audible. "...If what you say is true, she has indeed come a long way from the lame girl I knew when I was young. That is not an easy feat."

There's an audible chk as Arne sucks his teeth, almost exactly the moment they crest the top of the stairs. "...Forgive my saying so, Miss Hesperos, but I do not believe you would say as much if you were familiar with our customs. Order and accountability are a fundamental part of who we are, as a people. If we are guilty, we are not satisfied until we are punished. Denying Siana the release of the law is not saving her from punishment; it is condemning her to punish herself, potentially indefinitely."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Butterfly Bay]

"It's not that simple." Jaahlyn remarks with a small sigh. "There are those who would celebrate these deaths and try to make Siana out as some kind of hero since those people happened to be in a group that's not particularly liked right now. Making her into a pawn in their political game. I know this since while I don't belong to that group I'm still often believed to be. It's awful that she has to keep punishing herself but imagine if she encountered people that believed that she had done a good thing and celebrated her for it."

The satyr shakes her head. "I do have an idea regarding that though. Since I know someone who could judge Siana's case and bring her the punishment she craves."

After those words leaves her mouth Jaahlyn blinks as she does a double-take. That had made Siana sound a bit... peculiar, hadn't it?

Unfortunate Timing

"...not thinking sounds pretty good about now, yeah." Jaahlyn is quick to agree.

And then the curtain can probably be drawn.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

"...Absae curse it." Arne mutters to himself. The more he learns about this place, the more comparisons he finds to a realm that is literally godforsaken. "I am familiar with the problem. It is in the nature of a crusade that one is praised for the slaughter, even should one regret it."

Arne pauses briefly, leaving the two of them in relative silence for a moment, save for the sounds of boots and hooves on pavement. Then, "I would have my doubts about taking this to any magistrate that does not preside over the people she killed. At most, we would find them a wise advisor, but it would not be their place to render judgment, or by extension, to pardon."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Butterfly Bay]

"Perhaps, but I think that's ultimately up to Siana. And if the judge I know decides that she should be tried in Riverside then I shall abide by that judgement." Jaahlyn nods. "But I know that she have judged in other cases that aren't technically under her jurisdiction. For instance, she freed me from an unjust oath of binding."

"But as I said, it's up to her where she wants her case tried. Now do you think you're ready to meet her? Since she lives not far from here." She gestures ahead.