Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Re: Home

Post by Arkhosia »

[Ana Dreams]

"And what the hell would they want with us?" The fox growls. "I won't have any of your courts and laws threatening our lives." The girl behind her shivers and hugs herself tighter. First Nye and the yokai at the party, then the angel, now this? Had the fey always been watching her? Was she just some sort of toy to all of them? Was every choice and private moment she'd had 'til now something they'd all spectated, cackling and laughing at every misery she felt and every wrong move she made? Faint patterns of eyes begin to surface in the stormy sky above.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Ana Dreams]

"Allow me to speculate then. The orobou dictates borders while psychompomps transgress them. In that way you are polar opposites. Now, our world has borders and you have transgressed those when you came to this place. This 'nexus'. My theory is that they're investigating the breaches by looking at the people who have crossed. To see if they're responsible somehow. Kumiho are well-known to be transgressors so they might be looking at you extra closely." The angel explains and then pauses a moment to let it sink in.

"However, you could simply ask them why. Perhaps even tell them to stop. They do have an agent here in the nexus who might be responsible for watching you."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Ana Dreams]

"Oh, wonderful. And I'm sure I could convince our little kit here to stop cowering like a speared rabbit and hunt them down." The fox turns to regard Anastasia, who swallows and meets her gaze. An unspoken conversation passes between the two of them. "Tell us their name and we may consider looking into it."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Ana Dreams]

"It's a bit of an oddity as their agent is recently ascended, as in they were recently mortal but have become fey. It's extremely rare, especially as the mortal..." The angel suddenly pause. "-well, I take you're not actually interested in her backstory even as remarkable it would be to most fey. So I'll cut to the chase. Her name is Artesia and she's of the Wadjet house working directly for the outer realm sub-council. They're responsible for enforcing the other border of reality and to take care of those who bypasses it. Now it is rare for Orobou to manifest within the waking world but she's something of a unique case that one. She's staying in what you would know as 'HALO'." Shadow Of Light does seem to assume that Ana knows what that is.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Ana Dreams]

"No, we're not," the fox confirms with a snort of irritation. "Artesia of the Wadjet house. I'll be sure the kit remembers once she wakes." She turns to Anastasia, who nods rapidly in agreement. "I- y-yeah, I'll - I'll remember. We can even talk to her when-" A rapid glare from the fox shuts her down.

"Now then, is that the extent of your business with us, bird?" She shifts her focus back to them. "Because I am tiring of your presence in our personal space."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Ana Dreams]

Shadow Of Light seems to consider this for a moment.
"Yes, I think we're done here." They bow. "But we shall meet again. Farewell."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Ana Dreams]

"Perfect." The fox bares her teeth in the veneer of a smile, then watches the angel vanish from the dream. The instant they do, she whirls around with her tails and batters Anastasia to the ground.
"Watch your tongue, whelp."
"I just-" The girl cuts off with a whimper as Anaho looms over her, the snowy tundra taking on a gory glow as a red moon breaks the clouds.
"You what, little kit? Thought talking to someone like them was safe?" Anaho snarls. "You endanger all of us by even speaking to a thing like that. Didn't your parents teach you not to talk to cops?"
"I mean- Faris-"
"Faris what? Said it was fine if it was a real emergency when you were nine? Yeah, and where do you think his body is now? Left out in a pile and picked clean by carrion birds? Butchered to pieces and divvied as loot, with his skull carved into a cup?"
"S-shut up!"
"Oh, are you going to cry now, little kit? Good. Cry. It's a whole lot less pain than telling the bird everything they wanted could've caused."
"They just wanted to help! All they came here to do was tell us about our parents, a-and-"
"And ask us to throw Jaahlyn to the wolves?" The statement strikes Ana mid-protest, and she clams up real quick, a horror dawning in her eyes. "Angels like that don't care about you. They don't care how much that party hurt, and they certainly don't care about that spirit wanting its way with you. All they care about is excuses to take us away from everyone we love. So next time they come asking, you do what Kitsuki would want from you and give them nothing."

- - -

Anastasia lurches awake with a strangled sob, her brow slick with sweat. The girl glances about in a panicked whirl as the room comes into focus before her shoulders relax, chest still heaving with nervous breath. It's only around two or three in the morning, and the pale night filters through the shades - but she's been shifting in her sleep plenty, and her inaudible murmurs might just be enough to have woken her partner up.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Kitty Dreams]

Ana's mother has a similar visit in the night as she is awoken within her own dream by a bright light.
The halo of Shadow Of Light illuminating everything in a flash and causes the angel to be cast in deep shadow. Hiding everything of their features and form besides their giant pair of wings.

"Do not be afraid. I am Shadow Of Light and I come to you with questions as I seek the truth."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: May 24, 2023 7:19 pm [Codebreaker's Home]

"Well..." Jaahlyn clears her voice and then takes a deep breath.
"Her Serene Highness Princess Sunder, Sovereign of Midnight Park and Protector of the Gloomreach."
A beat.
"...is her title. But she just prefers 'Sunder'. She isn't really much of the princess-type but people look up to her so she's doing her best. Her position involves being a judge among some other things. I've been at her trials and she's a pretty good judge all things considered. Whenever there's a dispute in her community she's the one that makes the ultimate call.

Though officially her power goes beyond just midnight park since Inside being Inside there's a lot of self-governing going on so people outside of it go to her too. Even I went to her due to a unjust sentence I had been subjected to."
For a couple of millennia.
Codebreaker's Home

CB blinks, processing the name. "What, the gloom ponies?" he asks. He did live in Inside for most of his life, after all.
"I mean, yeah. Could work. Even if they find her guilty, she'd be probably convicted as an undead who
killed someone which...pretty sure the worst they'll do to you is recruitment."

CB is giving Siana an appraising look. Depending on how much the girls know about the gloom-ponies' "recruitment" may explain what he's thinking about.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Codebreaker's House]

"...I'm sorry, the... what?"

Siana fidgets in her seat, looking at Jaahlyn and Codebreaker as though they had just started conversing in another language and didn't bother to inform her about it. Did Codebreaker just say "gloom ponies"? That can't be right. Who would be edgy enough to include "gloom" in the name and then immediately follow it up by referring to themselves as miniature horses? Well... they're from somewhere called "Gloomreach" apparently, but... ponies?!

Siana keeps going back and forth between the two of them, trying to figure out if they're joking around (not the time for it!) or if they know something she doesn't.

It has to be the latter, right?

"I'm... I'm afraid I'm not familiar." She says finally, leaning forward attentively. "But if Jaahlyn says we can trust her highness to be fair, I have no reason to doubt her. How soon can we depart?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Codebreaker's House]

"They prefer the term 'equestrian'." Jaahlyn remarks as the wolfen mentions 'gloom-ponies'. "And it's not really all that strange. He's... a wolf." Scary. "I'm part goat and you Lady Siana, you're, uh, Strigori." Who could be any number of things. Calling Siana a 'bug' or even part-bug seemed rude though.
"But if you're alright with it we could actually depart in just a few hours. Sunder holds court then and if we can explain the situation clearly to her then she can make judgement." The satyr pauses. "Would probably be good to have at least one other witness to the event though."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Codebreaker's House

"Wolfen if we're discussing proper terminology."
He seems uncomfortable with some of this but can't think of anything better.
"I can drive us if you'd like. And if you really want me there that's okay. At least with this if Sunder takes the case you'll be around to tell Kyrie about this no matter what." Though he glances at Jaahlyn, as if asking how much they should say.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Codebreaker's House]

crrrkchee!

Siana lets out an embarrassed grimace as the entirely-too-loud screech emanates from her, sinking a little bit in her seat. "Sorry. That's, um... I didn't do that on purpose." She whimpers. "That was, um... legs. Too many crickets."

If either of them are listening closely enough, they'll be able to hear her breathing's gotten significantly quicker. Codebreaker's gone and reminded her that she's still missing a step; at some point, she's going to have to face her uncle again. With this, Hell Bend, and a fiendish transformation all behind her.

She's... not looking forward to that.

"...I'll, um... I'll be ready to go in a few hours, then." Siana looks between Jaahlyn and Codebreaker again, her eyes flicking back toward the upstairs for a moment immediately after they settle on Codebreaker.

It's about then that Owena finally emerges from the kitchen, carrying a tray with a set of fresh fruit on one side and a container of yogurt on the other. She sets it on the table and gives the trio a little smile, going around behind her sister and giving her a reassuring pat on the back... followed by a little curl of her nose. "If you're all done here for now, I'm going to help her up to the shower." She grimaces.

"That's, um... not necessary..." It really isn't. Despite the theatrics, Siana's more or less odorless at the moment.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: May 25, 2023 4:15 am [Ana Dreams]

Anastasia lurches awake with a strangled sob, her brow slick with sweat. The girl glances about in a panicked whirl as the room comes into focus before her shoulders relax, chest still heaving with nervous breath. It's only around two or three in the morning, and the pale night filters through the shades - but she's been shifting in her sleep plenty, and her inaudible murmurs might just be enough to have woken her partner up.
[Ana Dreams]

Eliseo's a pretty heavy sleeper, so it's the sudden lurch of movement that pulls him from his slumber. The boy takes a moment to get his bearings, but in moments he sits up and puts his arm around Ana. "Ana, what happened? Are you okay?' He says as soothingly as he can manage.
Shadowcaller wrote: May 25, 2023 8:34 am [Kitty Dreams]

Ana's mother has a similar visit in the night as she is awoken within her own dream by a bright light.
The halo of Shadow Of Light illuminating everything in a flash and causes the angel to be cast in deep shadow. Hiding everything of their features and form besides their giant pair of wings.

"Do not be afraid. I am Shadow Of Light and I come to you with questions as I seek the truth."
[Kitty Dreams]

Kitsuki's dreams tonight were of small, pleasant things. Luxuries she rarely has time to indulge. In the currently moment, lounging in a big bubble bath, just relaxing. It'd be disappointing to wake up from that, but this is far more rude. She can tell that she's not really dreaming anymore, and this new lack of face just stinks of spirit.

"You know it's extremely rude to interrupt a lady's bath." She drolls, apparently casual, but the way she's tensed may betray her readiness to act.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Ana Dreams]

Anastasia barely notices her boyfriend in motion before his arm is around her, jumping minutely in his grasp before turning back towards him. There are tears in her eyes as her shoulders sag. "I-I- no, I-" She sniffles. "I had a nightmare." Ana's hands wrap nervously around her tails. "I-I'm okay, I just-"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Ana Dreams]

Eliseo wordlessly pulls her into a hug, holding her firmly. "Hey, it's okay. It was just a dream, right? It'll be okay." He reassures.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Ana Dreams]

The gesture earns him a deep, ragged sigh as his arms wrap around her. Ana sinks into the embrace and lets herself lie against him. A moment passes, quiet and tender, the girl steadying her breathing until it matches his own. "I... I dunno," she finally admits. "Maybe."
Last edited by Arkhosia on May 26, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Ana Dreams]

Eliseo shifts a bit—after Ana speaks again—so his forehead rests against hers. "I know you've had a hard time, and I don't know exactly what's going on, but I'm here for you. Whatever you need, you let me know."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Ana Dreams]

"...Okay." Anastasia lets her eyelids flutter closed. There's an imperceptible nod, and she doesn't break the contact. The flickering ache at not telling him everything is buried deep quickly - so Instead she struggles for a second, trying to articulate the other anxieties still bothering her. "You're... I-I'm not gonna lose you too, am I? L-like my first parents?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Ana Dreams]

Eliseo is stunned for a moment. Honestly, he probably shouldn't be so surprised that this is something that'd cross her mind. "Ana, no. Never. I'm going to be there for you forever. I promise. We're going to graduate, then we can move in together, and one day we're going to get married too."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Ana Dreams]

Ana's breath briefly catches. It wasn't exactly what she'd meant, but the conviction of it is more than enough. Doubts swirl in the back of her mind - what about the other fey that hate her? What if something tries to kill him too? Could he even stomach it to say that if he knew what she's done? But instead of submerging in terror, she flees to the comfort before her. There's an anxious little whine, and Ana buries her face hard into Eliseo's chest, pressing tightly against him. "Y-you're right. S-sorry, I just -" She sniffles. "I love you too. And I won't leave you either. Promise." And there, close together, she's all too happy to stay - and then, slowly, drift back off to sleep.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Ana Dreams]

"I love you." He murmurs back, quieter now as they settle back onto the bed. He keeps her close in his arms as they slip back into sleep.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: May 26, 2023 1:36 am [Kitty Dreams]

Kitsuki's dreams tonight were of small, pleasant things. Luxuries she rarely has time to indulge. In the currently moment, lounging in a big bubble bath, just relaxing. It'd be disappointing to wake up from that, but this is far more rude. She can tell that she's not really dreaming anymore, and this new lack of face just stinks of spirit.

"You know it's extremely rude to interrupt a lady's bath." She drolls, apparently casual, but the way she's tensed may betray her readiness to act.
[Kitty Dreams]

"I could leave if you'd prefer. However, I'd hoped that you would enlighten me on a few issues and I'd like to share some information with you in exchange." Shadow Of Light remarks, remaining locked in the same position without any movement.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Kitty Dreams]

"Mmhm." Kitsuki arches an eyebrow at the being. "And what exactly are you supposed to be anyway? Asides from someone lacking manners." With a little bit of focus first, the kitsune stands up, in the same instant the tub is gone and she's fully dressed. Oh except her hair is still wet. Well ninety percent success at least.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Kitty Dreams]

"Unfortunately, my dreamwalking capabilities doesn't allow me to be as polite as I should be. But you will understand me best as an 'angel'." Shadow Of Light explains. "Now, how much do you know about fey politics, Kitsuki? I understand that most kitsunes know about as much as your average mortal but I don't want to make any assumptions."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Kitty Dreams]

"I know that I have little to no reason to be involved in it." Kitsuki replies, and not giving Shadow of Light enough time to reply to that, she goes on. "How do you know about me?" She insists.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Kitty Dreams]

"As a seeker it's my job to know things and as there are relatively few fey in this world you happen to be included in the things I'm supposed to know of. But you of course have no reason to trust me so I'm going to tell you right now that I know what your daughter has done and what has happened to her. These things are regrettable but not anything I'm in the position to do anything about. What you perhaps don't know however is that she has caught the interest of a number of yokai. Yokai which are interested in consuming as much of her misery as possible. That puts both her and those close to her in danger." Shadow Of Light pauses, their maybe eyes carefully observing Kitty for reactions to what they've said.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Kitty Dreams]

Kitsuki's gaze turns downright baleful. After everything they've done to keep things quiet, some 'angel' walks in and supposes to know everything. She needs to play this carefully... "How do I know these yokai are real and not something you're making up as leverage to get information out of me?" She presses.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Kitty Dreams]

"Your job is to handle yokai, is it not? You might know them under different names, like spirits or ghosts, but they belong to the same group. So you might recognize them from your daughters descriptions if she told you anything about what happened during the 'party' she attended. She might be too inexperienced to sense them herself but I can tell you that they were like a fog around her as she left that night." Kitty was able to sense heavy spirit influences while she was picking up Siana and Ana. But it was only for a short while as it seemed to quickly dissipate even as she was driving closer. So it seemed like nothing, especially compared to everything else that happened that night.

"The moment your vehicle approached them they started to disperse. This hints at their intelligence. Since unlike lesser spirits they can control their urges and like any other parasite they fear those that can fight back, like yourself. You have no doubt already experienced this with your partner considering her condition. These yokai are just more cautious than the spirits you are used to dealing with."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Kitty Dreams]

Kitsuki folds her arms, looking none too impressed. "If they're so cautious, how do you know so much about what they are and what they're doing? Don't tell me that you're watching my family and every spirit in the Nexus. And if they'd see me coming, how did you get such a good look?"
~Images by Soushiyo