Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Home

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Eliseo's face starts to get red as he contemplates what he says next. "So ah, when you say you want to have kids and stuff one day, I guess that means you're imagining that future with me, huh?" Oh he's so flustered. It takes him longer than it should to spit that sentence out.
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[The Dancing Fox Inn]
Keeper wrote: Aug 07, 2022 4:21 pm "They want me to be their bold, impressive leader. Their loyal protector. Their splendid fighter without equal. And also one of them." Mist gestures at his legs. "It's a lot, and I can't be all of those things yet. I can only do my absolute best."
For now, he just wants to keep running the inn they call their temporary home. Eventually he is going to have to learn how to be in two places at once to run the inn and help them.
He also is trying not to be influenced by their expectations. Though considering his sudden ability for public speaking and his ambivalence to fashion choices they clearly already are.

"That is rather a lot of responsibility to put on someone suddenly," Askeladd judges.
"When Luna chose me... well, it didn't come with any obligations except for those that I chose myself. And the reason they chose me. External obligations came later and at that point... well, I understand how you feel. What exactly happened to deify you, if you do not mind my asking?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Dancing Fox Inn

"Oh." says Mist at the question.
"Well to make a long story oversimplified, I was on a dream quest to create an object of power when I chanced upon a nightmare created from a dead god. I tried to pacify it by promising to aid his people and calling to his former self, but all that really did was destroy it and leave me with a seed of his power. When I went to fulfill that promise they assumed I was there to take over for him and well...the seeds of a god's power grow with belief. It only completed because I did offer to take up the role if they truly wished me to. I wasn't really expecting the answer to be yes, though."
Really, the fact that they did say yes speaks to a great need, or they see something in him that he doesn't.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

There's a second in which Anastasia processes what Eliseo's asking, and her own face gets a little red too at how awkward he gets. "I-I um, y-yeah, I guess so. Probably- probably not right away, and only if you want to - but um, I guess they are always blonde, yeah," She stammers out.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

There is a flash one night. Blinding purple light illuminates the night sky before the dark tapestry and its stars return.
It came from You Know Who's House. Of course it did. Luckily everyone is probably asleep and didn't notice.

Yet an hour later, there's a knock on the Maldwyn home.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

Kyrie looks up from his newspaper and frowns. Who could that be at this time of night? It's too early for Owena to be back from work and for Arthfael to be back from his friend's house (what was her name again? Crissy? Cassy? Something with a hard c, he thinks), and if it had been any other night, he'd be at the tavern right now, bouncing.

Not that he wouldn't be bouncing anywhere else, he's sure.

Kyrie stands up and grabs his sword in its scabbard and moves to the door, gently bapping it open. "Hello? Who goes?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Eliseo just has to laugh a little bit. Look at them both. So awkward. "Sorry, I don't mean to sound scared or anything. I just... I've never really thought that far ahead. But you know I love you to death." He releases his hand so he can put his arm around her shoulders and give her a half hug. "So you've been picturing these kids with blond hair, eh?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

Kyrie is too serious for bouncing unless specifically doing the kind that is his job. He doesn't really have the kind of excitement that other kinds of bouncing requires.
Like the excitement of his best friend (don't deny it, Kyrie) who is waiting outside the door. Codebreaker is practically bouncing with excitement and moves forward immediately to bear-hug his friend. It's as awkward as it always is.
"Kyrie! I'm free! It's gone!"
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Anastasia giggles, leaning gently into her boyfriend's arms. "Well, um- not entirely. One of them has red hair sometimes, but they usually have your eyes. A-and, like, maybe one or two of them have tails, too. It, uh... changes, from time to time." Her face is still a little warm, but it's a more pleasant hue now, and there's a gentle smile as she recalls what figments she can of her occasional daydreams.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

Kyrie lets out a litte umph as he is unexpectedly clobbered by... some amount of fat and fur, he's always been a bit vague on the exact poundage. Or tonnage, more likely. "Easy, Codebreaker." He replies firmly, giving his friend the customary pair of back-pats all the same. "What do you mean, 'it's gone'? What happened?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Oh good. Your hair is very pretty." He plays with a lock of it momentarily. "Hm, don't all your siblings have a tail? I guess that's probably a thing, huh? My eyes too, though. You know some people say they're kinda spooky." He laughs.
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

Now that's just cruel, Kyrie. To be a ton you'd have to be the size of his brother Edgar, who is ten feet tall. And that's assuming that the whole doubling in size = times eight weight proportion works in the scenario he went through. CB can't be even a third of that.
Of course he still feels quite bad about what he indirectly did to Kyrie, so Codebreaker has given Kyrie a pass to make any amount of jokes he wishes about his own size. So he would laugh if you said that out loud.
"*a* finally took their power and left! Finally! I don't have to worry about zapping people from being near them or shifting myself because I thought about it too hard! I think I technically produced a new spirit? I'm not getting words from them yet. I'll have to get them a nice part of the shrine."
CB pulls open his shirt to show Kyrie his chest. The brand that once adorned his breast over his heart is now gone and healed up entirely.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

The compliment earns Eliseo a flattered little smile as she tilts into his gesture. "...Yeah, I guess they do. I'd never really thought about it before. And hey, I like your eyes! She seems to study his eyes, tilting her head.

They're not spooky, really. More like... mysterious. Like a deep, otherworldly realm you could just get lost in." A beat. "Okay, I guess that like, when I put it that way they are a little spooky. But in sort of a pretty way?" They certainly don't seem to scare her off.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

"Really?" Kyrie blinks, staring at the spot where there used to be what he'd always assumed to be a bizarre tattoo used to be. "That's... that's fantastic."

He has no idea. Normally, if he knew someone who had been gifted with a spirit companion, he would expect the news of their departure to be unwelcome. But things don't work that way here, and Codebreaker seems... satisfied with this change to the status quo. So for now, he'll do his best to be happy for him, whether he really understands it or not.

"...This calls for celebration." He concludes, stepping back into the house. "Come inside. I have an unopened bottle of Bordeaux waiting for a special occasion. This seems like the night to break it out."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Sorta pretty-spooky. I'll take it." He grins, looking back into her eyes. "Though it'd be a shame if none had your eyes. I guess if my eyes are already pretty, yours are beautiful."
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"You keep regular wine in your house that you can't drink?" Codebreaker asks incredulously, though he saunters in regardless.
"I hear the doubt in your voice, Kyrie. But no really, this is a good thing! My new spirit friend can give me all the benefits I used to have, but now I don't gain a hundred pounds every time I have thoughts about my size. And I can talk to people who don't have divine protection without doing terrible things to them!" It's never happened but he has been isolating himself for the past year. And Kyrie did probably notice his fluctuating proportions. Along with random things in the house doing the same. The enlarged gold was nice the one time.
"Hm. If they came after a would that make them b or w?"
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Oh my. Anastasia turns bright red and makes a tiny little squealing sound as something about the way Eliseo stares into her eyes and delivers that line just locks her brain up. Dear oh dear, she might not actually be able to endure the demigod's charms so well after all.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Eliseo was already close, but he leans in close enough that their faces nearly touch. "I'd like to kiss my beautiful girlfriend." He requests, his voice low and smooth.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Oh dear. Anastasia is practically incandescent at this point. She stutters and stammers, but words are clearly beyond her right now, and eventually she settles on answering with a nod.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Eliseo doesn't waste any time. Lips touch, tongues entwine. Her amorous boyfriend intends to keep Ana busy for the next little bit. So much for not being too gross. When he lets her breathe again they're laying back on the bed with Eliseo half on top of her. He cups her cheek in his hand and looks into her eyes again. He looks quite pleased with himself, doesn't he.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

It takes a second for Anastasia to fully snap out of her overwhelmed state, but when she does she is all too happy to reciprocate things. By the time the two lovebirds pull apart, Ana's heart is fluttering, staring back into Eliseo's eyes with stunned adoration. Her breath is a little heavy by now. "W-wow, uh - people should really stop leaving us alone together, huh?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Eliseo laughs lightly. "God, I hope not. Honestly if I could stay all night and kiss you I'd do it in a heartbeat. Buuut, we probably don't need to get in trouble again." He laughs some more. "Actually, I don't think you mentioned what sort of trouble you got in."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Anastasia giggles. "It's too bad you're the only one with a room to themselves. There's no way I'm sneaking in again - like, I'm pretty sure Irena would straight-up murder me!" She cracks a cheeky little smile.

"Oh- um, I got off way lighter than you. They didn't even ground me, Kitty just, um..." Ana starts to look a little embarrassed. "Well uh, she kinda gave me The Talk, but like a five second reminder kind thing."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Oh my god, you too? Mom brought props. I thought I was gonna die." Eliseo looks downright mortified. The trauma of that day will never fade. "Oh, um." He looks uncertain all of a sudden. "I was gonna tell you this. She was trying to tell me this safe sex stuff and I let it slip that you're trans." Oh he looks worried now. "But she's super cool about it and, like, she had to deal with bigoted people back at her home because she was gay and she'd never tell anyone else and she's actually super proud of you and-" He clamps his mouth shut to stop the flow of words.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Props!? Anastasia bursts into laughter when she hears this - only to go quiet when Eliseo starts talking again. She's gotten fairly good at reading her boyfriend by now, and she can tell that something is bugging him.

"O-oh, um- okay." That's uh, not what Ana expected. She even seems briefly kind of confused - it takes a second for her to actually realize why that might have come out. When Eliseo starts to get really anxious about it though, it seems to snap Ana back into focus.

"Whoa, hey - um, it's okay, really," she tries to comfort. "I mean, I think I can trust your parents - well, I mean I trust Nadia for sure. And it's... really nice to know she feels that way. L-like, your parents rule, and it's nice to know that they like and respect and approve of me, y'know?" Ana smiles, sneaking her arms around Eliseo's waist and pulling him into a gentle hug while she speaks.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Eliseo breathes a sigh of relief. "Still though, I'm super sorry about that. I'll never slip up like that again." He replies seriously.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

"I know, and I believe you." Anastasia gives him a squeeze. "I know you wouldn't ever do anything to hurt me." After a moment, she bites her lip. "Besides, um- I was thinking, and - I might start being... a little more open about it, I guess. P-probably not at school, but, y'know, like, with friends. Your family too, anyways."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Oh, really?" Eliseo shifts a little so he can prop his head up in his hand to look down at her. "What's changed? I thought you were pretty content just being quiet about it."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

"I mean, I am - like, I enjoy that people don't really know, honestly. It's... validating, I guess, knowing they can't even tell when I'm right there in front of them. But uh, I think part of it still is that I'm worried that people won't accept me if they did, y'know?" Anastasia shrugs.

"I dunno - um, after Annie broke my jar, I guess Kitty explained that I was trans to her to try and help her understand why the thing she did was bad - and when she came to apologize, she was confused why I wanted her to keep it a secret. I guess it just... made me think a little." She looks back towards Eliseo, curious to see what he might think.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Huh." That kid's full of surprises today apparently. "I mean, I get it. You shouldn't have to feel any sort of shame about who you are. Why should you have to keep that secret, right? I'm behind you a hundred percent."
~Images by Soushiyo