Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by Ironsmith »

[Aiko's Room]

"...So the usual impression, then." Aiko replies, her voice taking on a despondent lilt. She was really hoping Sekhmet was more insightful than that. Unless she was really talking to Mary this whole time, in which case... yeah, that was to be expected.

Then again, Sekhmet is explicitly giving Aiko a second chance. So she's not going to be as dismissive as her classmates.

"Still." She says after a moment. "That's no reason why we can't be friends, is it?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Aiko's Room
"Are you blind?" Something about Aiko's continued dismissiveness sets Sekhmet off. "As I recall, last time we met, when I was hurt, you told Mary off for being distressed. Something like 'stop making this about you' and 'loving her isn't enough reason to be upset,'" The temperature around Sekhmet rises a couple degrees. "Even if it was just the stress talking (and I hope to Fate it was), 'friends' isn't even on the table." Hopefully Aiko can see how that incident would get in the way of any sort of friendly relationship here.
Aiko could try to assuage Sekhmet on this, but she'd better be careful. Demons like her are known for being able to detect lies.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Aiko's Room]

"Yes, I did say that. I meant it then and I mean it now." Aikobaz replies, a little color going out of her cheeks. "I know Mary is young, inexperienced, and emotional. But that is no excuse to both completely understate the significance of the events in front of her and proceed to lose her ability to make rational decisions anyway. You're the queen of your realm; if something happens to you, that Mary loses her mother will, in the grand scheme of things, be but a footnote. Far more important is the fact that, if you are slain, she would take the throne, and she could not be less ready."

"And that was while we were in a dream. Where there's some divorce between what we witnessed and what was truly happening and would have implications on the world around us. If she can't handle it there, what chance does she have of handling it in reality?" Aikobaz frowns. "For all either of us knows, you could be gone tomorrow. Fate is many things, your highness, but he is not kind enough to wait until one is ready to place challenges before them. I found her conduct, that of a small child and not of a princess and heir apparent, to be utterly appalling. Why didn't you?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Aiko's Room
Sekhmet looks very unimpressed with that reasoning. "Really. You would rather that as I got stabbed, she cried 'No! I'm not ready to rule!'" That is what Aiko just said, more or less. That Mary was understating the problem by focusing on her love for Sekhmet instead of her responsibility as heir. "You may be able to fool yourself about your motives, but not me. And really, would it have done any good if someone had said that to you when you lost your parents?" She's not about to explain Aiko's motives to Aiko though. That would defeat the point, it would make it easy for Aiko to just say Sekhmet is wrong. No, Aiko will need to examine herself closely if she wants the answer.

"Again, really? You think a ruler should not have any compassion, any sorrow, any love? Can't show any care for another person? Not even their own mother? That sounds like a hellish existence," and she knows a lot about hellish existences. "It's not healthy to keep all that locked up inside for fear of showing 'weakness. My daughter did not act as a child, she acted as a person, and she did what any person would do when confronted with the injury and possible death of a loved one."

"And why do you care? You have no stake in the Scorching Depths. If I run it poorly, or if Mary does, it doesn't affect you and especially not your kingdom. And you just said that rulers should be concerned with the states of their own kingdoms and not anything extraneous. So... Why the concern?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Aiko's Room]

"I would have preferred she didn't cry at all." Aikobaz replies, releasing a deep breath through her nostrils. "A good ruler would maintain focus even in the midst of personal tragedy. Thank whatever gods were watching over us that we didn't need her to actually do anything while we were in the dream; if we had, we might not have made it out. And for the record... yes, if someone had said that to me, it would have done a great deal of good. Saved lives, even."

"I am not against showing compassion and love. But there was no compassion or love shown there; only despair. Which was something nobody needed in the moment, except perhaps for the Witch we were all trying to escape. There was nothing gained by that."

"As for why I care?" Aikobaz's eyes narrow. "I'm not so naive as to believe that the state of affairs in hell is meaningless to me. Nations are too interconnected for the affairs of one to be completely separate from the affairs of the others. If nothing else... had I fallen there, where do you suppose I would have gone?"

Probably not heaven. Aiko's under no delusions about that.

But... Sekhmet might pick up another ping here. Aiko's interests in Mary weren't purely diplomatic. She has the air of someone who is watching history repeat and hates what she's seeing.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Aiko's Room
Sekhmet finds that hard to believe, but she's not going to press it. After all, there's no way to be sure what would have occurred had things been different.
"So you think if she merely didn't cry out, everything would be fine? It's true that that... Thing... Feeds on despair, but it doesn't work like that. You can't stop anyone from feeling emotion, and bottling it up just makes it stronger."

Sekhmet isn't the type to call bullshit, but this last point is somewhere where she really should.
"If we were talking about neighboring nations, that would be commendable and even wise. But we're talking about distant kingdoms in separate universes. Aside from the black-market trade in magic and my family in the Nexus, my domain has no contact with outsiders. No embassies, no trade, nothing. And I don't think you'd wind up in my court. Whether or not you're strong-willed enough to become a demon, the kingdoms of Hatred and Terror seem like better places for you, assuming you don't go to your own world's Hell. So what is it? What's so important to you that you antagonize Mary over what you see as proper leadership over and over again?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Aiko's Room]

Aiko says nothing at first, remaining stony-faced as she sits there, momentarily paralyzed by indecision.

Then, the empress stands and turns to her nightstand, busying herself with a deck of playing cards she had put there, shuffling them between her hands. It'll be easier to say what she's thinking if she doesn't have to face Sekhmet while she says it.

"...On my ninth birthday," she begins, in an apparent non-sequitur, "my father called me to his bedside and gave me his blessing as his heir, just before his last breath. Two weeks before then, his wife, my aunt Yonaka, cursed me with her dying breath. My sister Aoimi, who was supposed to be empress when my father passed, died three weeks before. And the very next day, I lost my mother to the same illness."

Aiko's hands shake as she sets the deck in front of her. "I was... I didn't know how to handle it. My whole family, in less than a month's time... gone. And at the same time, I was expected to rule, because there was nobody else who could. I was... mad with grief. So much rage and sadness and..." She shakes her head. "...Not much longer after that, I paid a visit to one of the villages at the border of our kingdom. It was a quaint little place. Father would take me there on occasion, and I had many fond memories of it. I had hoped going there would help me to feel better. Bring back some of those memories."

"When I got there, it had been burned to the ground."

Aiko sets the deck aside, drawing a few cards and fidgeting with them under her fingers. "What followed was the single worst massacre of my reign. I personally saw to the executions of everybody who could have been responsible. I lost perspective. I didn't care who was innocent and who was guilty. I cared that our people had been violated, and... and I was the only one who could do anything about it. I didn't have anyone there to stop me. Or even to channel my anger elsewhere, toward more constructive ends. I just..."

The empress trails off, before bringing the point back around again. "I look at Mary and I see myself, as I was before it all crumbled. That girl is one tragedy away from causing a catastrophe. And tragedy, it seems, is inevitable. I don't want her to turn out the way I did. Because if she does, there will be suffering enough to fill the hells and then some."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Aiko's Room
"That's a terrible burden for one so young. You didn't have a regent? No advisors? Most kingdoms have some way to keep that weight off a young monarch until they're ready." Sekhmet seems somber now. It's all out in the open now; no more arguing is needed. "The circumstances are different. I am not in any danger from disease, or assassins. Even the ravages of time pass me by. If you ran me through with a sword, it would just inconvenience me for a few minutes and make a mess on your floor. Even completely destroying my physical body wouldn't really 'kill' me. Mary is in no danger of abruptly coming into power. And she is a lot stronger than she looks. She's suffered so much.""
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Aiko's Room]

"My family thought we had more time, too." Aiko replies, her voice heavy. "And if suffering was all it took to make one strong, I still would not have had difficulty... but that is a story for another time. The situation is always more delicate than you think, your highness. All it takes is one sufficiently motivated malcontent with the right ritual, and Mary will come to power much sooner than anticipated."

The empress raises her hand to her face, and when it comes away, Sekhmet will be able to see little splotches of dark makeup stuck to the pads of her fingers. "From what I have seen, I do not believe Mary appreciates the magnitude of the responsibility that awaits her." Aikobaz shuffles the cards around in front of her. "And whether you believe she needs to or not, I will be leery of that. So, if you find that I am hostile toward your daughter, I will have to ask your pardon; I can't abide what it is I see in her."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Aiko's Room
"Her suffering does. Especially for this possibility. But that's her story to tell, not mine. And you vastly understate the difficulty of the task," Sekhmet counters. "One person could not do it alone. The groups who would need to combine their resources include several who despise each other far more than they dislike me. Some of them even actively support my rule. I would challenge you to try to kill me, but I don't want to waste time stopping futile assassination attempts."

"And so you try to push her into your vision of readiness. Let me ask you another question. Does it work? What are you accomplishing?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Aiko's Room]

"Of course, it doesn't work." Aiko sighs, shuffling the cards back together. "She thinks of me as a heartless egomaniac, which apparently disqualifies me from giving her advice or having a valid perspective. Which, I do not believe I need to point out, is a rather childish way of looking at the world, ill-fitting a ruler. The problem, it seems, is self-perpetuating." The empress shuffles the deck in her hands, skipping stacks of cards over each other. "Until such a time as I can divine a strategy to navigate that particular obstacle, there is little I can do besides sit and watch as she bumbles and wastes precious time. And I am loathe to spectate when I could be intervening."

"Unfortunately, while as empress I have made it my business to excel at a great many things, diplomacy has ever remained a weakness of mine." Aiko continues. "In child-rearing, likewise, I have had no experience nor opportunity to cultivate the skill. Steering your daughter away from the trouble I see on the horizon may prove to be beyond my capabilities, even as desperately as I may wish to do so." She lets out a vaguely-amused chuff. "Wishes, it seems, mean very little here."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Aiko's Room
"Would you take advice from someone who shows no care for anyone outside themselves and is primarily interested in their own personal power? Especially about ruling a nation? You can't trust that advice to be anything other than an attempt at usurpation." Sekhmet asks, knowing full well that if Aiko says yes, she would trust an egomaniac, she is either lying or delusional.
The demon queen takes another step forward. "Of course it doesn't work, and anyone in their right mind could have told you that. It doesn't matter how good or bad of a teacher or a parent you are. You can't teach or parent Mary because you're not her teacher and you're not her parent! You're not even her empress! That's the number one complaint about you." Sekhmet takes a breath. "Mary won't take your crap because she doesn't have to, and she knows it. If you want her respect (which I hope you realize is necessary for her (or anyone else) to take your advice), you need to cut it out."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Aiko's Room]

The empress's hands clench as Sekhmet says her piece. Aikobaz cares about a lot more than just herself, and the implication that she doesn't stands as a grievous accusation. She won't even touch on the issue of whether or not she's earned Mary's respect; if she hasn't, nobody has.

"I would, and have." Aiko replies simply. "Do not misunderstand me; I was not fool enough to trust them implicitly. But I was also not fool enough to dismiss their counsel solely because it was theirs. Due consideration has made me a better, wiser woman." She straightens and retrieves the vial again, as well as the wand. "...I would like for you to leave my room now. In ten minutes, I will be downstairs helping Nana with dinner, and I do not want anyone to walk in on you while I am gone."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Aiko's Room
"Very well," Sekhmet doesn't seem at all upset by this. "If you want any measure of 'success' with my daughter, you'll approach her as a peer. Just another girl your age, not the empress of anything. Earn her trust and respect instead of demanding them. Think about what I've said."
Sekhmet opens a portal and turns to leave. As she steps through the threshold, she glances back. "And Aikobaz? Don't do anything to make us meet again."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Aiko's Room]

...Ah, hell.

Aiko feels her stomach sink at that last declaration. If she needed any further proof that Sekhmet didn't like her, that was it right there. She doesn't expect that they'll meet again on friendly, or even polite, terms.

That's... disheartening.

"...No promises." Aiko says, straightening but not turning to face Sekhmet again.

When the portal finally does close, Aiko gathers her things and begins to make her way downstairs. Dinner wasn't going to prepare itself, after all.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Ironsmith wrote: Apr 20, 2023 4:00 am [Uninvited]

Siana just nods slightly at that. She might as well take advantage of what hospitality she was getting.

Six hours later, Siana's slumped in front of the TV, which is playing Annie's favorite show.

Siana doesn't seem to be paying attention.

Or awake.

Or alive.

Oh, wait, her finger just twitched. So she's alive, at least. It's hard to tell, since she doesn't seem to need to breathe. Nor is she especially motivated to do so. She just... sits there, like a life-sized doll, staring blankly at a spot on the floor in front of her.

Fortunately for Kitty, this is around the time there's a knock at her door; a dainty trio of raps against the wood. And if she looks through the peephole, she'll see a bespectacled young woman waiting for her there, a black-haired girl who looks something like Siana might in a few years if she lost the cane.
[Uninvited]

The apartment is a bit of a flurry the whole time Siana is waiting. Kids at play, the parents going back and forth, a bit of picking away at the contents of the moving boxes. This is not a quiet household.

Kitsuki goes to the door to greet the new arrival. "Hello." She smooths back her hair and lets out a little breath. "I assume you're the one here for Siana?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

"I am." The young woman confirms; it won't take much more than that to show Kitty she was the voice on the other end of the phone, and therefore to infer her identity as Owena, Siana's older sister. "Would you mind terribly if I came in for a moment? The commute over here was... less than pleasant."

With the door open, the faint smell of burnt hair is much more readily apparent, and Kitty will be able to see little wisps of smoke trailing up from her shoulders. She doesn't look nearly as bad as Siana did from her brief time in the sun, a feat which is made more impressive by the total lack of illusions surrounding her.

Meanwhile, outside, there's a dull rumble of thunder as a light drizzle starts slapping against the windows. If the children weren't already spending their time indoors, they'd have a good excuse to now.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Uninvited - Quick Aside]

"Uh, hey Siana?" Obriane, the other one of Ana's mothers, approaches her with a cellphone in hand. She's giving the teenager a nervous look. "Do you know two persons called 'Jaahlyn' and 'Arne'? Since the first one asked for your name." And as Obriane was more concerned that Ana might be in danger because Siana than she cared about Siana's privacy she of course gave it. Not without guilt though. "Then she, ah, claimed that there was a person called Arne that- well, you're supposed to know one another."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 21, 2023 9:17 am Unfortunate Timing

Jaahlyn blinks. "You've been a girl three times?! How? Why?" Then after a moment adding. "...not that there's anything wrong with that." She sits down in his bed and pats it, inviting him to sit down besides her. "I guess I just didn't realize how many weird situations you had been in. It's okay to talk about it though. Not that it's a competition or anything but I'm like twice as weird as you are so I won't judge." The satyr winks and smiles at him.
Unfortunate Timing

"Well, there was the time I had shapeshifting powers so of course I tried a bunch of stuff. Then there was that time a succubus tried to use me as body-storage. That was WEIRD. And then me and my ex went to a clothing store that turned out to be super cursed. That one was mostly harmless to be honest. Or at least comparatively easy to resolve." Jim explains.
"This was all over almost ten years, mind you." Not that that's long to someone like Jaahlyn.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Quick Aside]

Siana perks up (well, "perks"; she shifts from a slouched-over sitting position to an upright one) when Obriane tells her who's been calling for her. "...That can't be right." She says quietly. "I mean, okay, I can see Jaahlyn calling, she's probably gotten a bit worried about me, but..."

Arne's kinda dead, she thinks to herself. Or at least somewhere out there in the great wide multiverse and the chances of him being here, especially now, less than twelve hours after offhandedly mentioning him to Ana, had to be close to zero. Given how much fae trickery took place at that party, that... has to be a mimic of some kind, right? Some passing mischievous spirit that heard Arne's name mentioned and decided to use that information to mess with her. That might even be why Jaahlyn was calling her.

...Wait, crap, Obriane's still expecting an answer, isn't she?

"...I know Jaahlyn, yeah." She says finally. "She's a, um... a friend. From work."

Former work, at least.

---

Meanwhile, on the other end of the phone, Arne's pacing back and forth, fumbling his hands over each other in an unusual display of nervous energy. He's keeping a respectful distance from Jaahlyn while she's not actually saying anything, but every time she so much as inhales in a way that implies she might start talking he's right next to her again, crouched down and with his head cocked to the side, trying to overhear whatever he can from the conversation.

He's not entirely sure why his nerves are as fried as they are. He wasn't half this anxious when he was attacked from all sides by a slaving gang in Skyside. Why is the prospect of a conversation with his fiance so much worse?

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Quick Aside]

"Huh... well, I actually called her since- er, doesn't matter. But you're saying that you don't know this 'Arne' then? Since she's claiming that he's looking for you." Obriane inquires, just to confirm what Siana was saying. "...something about a fiancee?" She decides to add just so she's made sure to mention all the details even if it sounded weird. In fact, that probably made it all more important to mention to Siana didn't run into some creep.

Unfortunate Timing

10 years was as long for her as it was to anyone. Her feeble meat-brain couldn't really comprehend the unfathomable amount of time her full self had been alive for. It was all just captured in single moments with undetermined time gaps in-between them.
"...this wasn't why you and your ex broke up was it?" She inquires before adding. "Not that I want to snoop. I'd understand if you don't feel comfortable with the subject." She was certain she had like a billion of exes but those were memories that she never seemed to be able to recall all that well.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Quick Aside]

Has to be a mimic. Siana said two things about the man and they'd already cleared the list.

Or, well...

Wait.

Did she actually use the term "fiance"? Anyone overhearing her talking about Arne without using that particular term might have thought of him as her "boyfriend", right? So if she didn't actually say it, then if that was what he was telling Jaahlyn, it'd be because he's the genuine article, right? Or... wait, what if the mimic inferred from what she did say? Then that could still definitely be a mimic and-

Siana closes her eyes and lets out a little sigh. "...That might be him." She says. "...Can I, um...?" She gestures to the phone.

She'll probably end up talking to Jaahlyn first, unless the satyr made a point of switching off. If Obriane does indeed surrender the phone, SIana will greet her with a simple, if dejected-sounding, "hello?".

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Quick Aside]

Obriane gives Siana a confused look. Well, better let her confirm it then? This girl confused her but she couldn't help but to feel sorry for her as well.

"Er, sure."

So Siana is handed the phone and soon can hear Jaahlyn reply. "Siana? Thank the depths. Are you alright? I just heard you were at a fey party which sounds insane."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Quick Aside]

"I'm... not hurt." She says, not quite up to the point of saying she's "fine". It doesn't seem like an honest answer. "...It... it was pretty insane, yeah." Siana runs her hand through her hair. "The whole thing feels like a... like a bad dream. A really bad dream." She pauses a moment, before lowering her voice and asking, "...How much have you heard? Do you know about Ilpholin?"

Siana's not going to hide that information from Jaahlyn, but all the same, she would really rather not go over it again if Jaahlyn knew already. Confession isn't getting any easier.

...Although maybe this also wasn't the best environment for it, either. She's still sitting in the middle of the living room. Not exactly a quiet place for a conversation.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Ironsmith wrote: Apr 24, 2023 12:42 pm [Uninvited]

"I am." The young woman confirms; it won't take much more than that to show Kitty she was the voice on the other end of the phone, and therefore to infer her identity as Owena, Siana's older sister. "Would you mind terribly if I came in for a moment? The commute over here was... less than pleasant."

With the door open, the faint smell of burnt hair is much more readily apparent, and Kitty will be able to see little wisps of smoke trailing up from her shoulders. She doesn't look nearly as bad as Siana did from her brief time in the sun, a feat which is made more impressive by the total lack of illusions surrounding her.

Meanwhile, outside, there's a dull rumble of thunder as a light drizzle starts slapping against the windows. If the children weren't already spending their time indoors, they'd have a good excuse to now.
[Uninvited]

There's a couple squeaks from outside and the triplets all come scampering in from the balcony. They run through the room and off into the kitchen.

Kitsuki watches them for a second, then refocuses. "Yes, that's fine." She steps back to Owena in. And well, it's a small space. Siana is right there, sitting on the couch with her back to the door. Or it was at the time, it's not as though Siana would miss the entry. Though if Siana needs prompting, Kitsuki does so. "Siana?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Ironsmith wrote: Apr 27, 2023 12:03 am [Quick Aside]

"I'm... not hurt." She says, not quite up to the point of saying she's "fine". It doesn't seem like an honest answer. "...It... it was pretty insane, yeah." Siana runs her hand through her hair. "The whole thing feels like a... like a bad dream. A really bad dream." She pauses a moment, before lowering her voice and asking, "...How much have you heard? Do you know about Ilpholin?"

Siana's not going to hide that information from Jaahlyn, but all the same, she would really rather not go over it again if Jaahlyn knew already. Confession isn't getting any easier.

...Although maybe this also wasn't the best environment for it, either. She's still sitting in the middle of the living room. Not exactly a quiet place for a conversation.
[Quick Aside]

"If my suspicions are correct, it probably was a dream in a way." A beat. "And no, Ilpholin wasn't mentioned. You know Ilpholin?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Quick Aside]

"I... I knew Ilpholin." Siana confirms. Technically, that part wasn't entirely true; she hadn't met the nymph before last night. But the emphasis on past tense should tell Jaahlyn what she needs to know in the moment, without traumatizing any kids that might overhear her.

No, she can do better than that.

"It... it was Hell Bend all over again." She sniffs. "But worse. I... I was planning on going to the police, once it's safe to do so."

[Uninvited]

The young strigoi says nothing, but reaches over for her cane and slowly pulls herself to her feet, hobbling in plave for a moment to get the balance sorted out before she starts walking toward the door.

"Thank you." Owena gives Kitsuki a cordial smile and steps into the room, holding out her arm to keep Siana from leaving without her and pulling her into a sidelong hug when she gets close. "...Beautiful place you have here. I'm sure my sister would have said as much if these were happier circumstances. She wasn't any trouble, I take it?"

Siana breaks out of her gloom just long enough to shoot her sister a little glare. She's sixteen, not six. Geez.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Quick Aside]

Jaahlyn has to restrain herself to one single question. "...what happened?" A beat. "Actually, we shouldn't discuss this on the phone. Just... don't turn yourself in, Siana. Trust me, your guilt won't be eased by turning yourself over to the police. Instead, Obriane said you were going home. Where is your home? Since I got Arne with me here and I have to talk to you now. In person. Just remember what I said about redemption after what happened at Hell Bent. You can do more than this. You are more than this."

Obriane is giving Siana some concerned looks now. But it looked like she actually did know Jaahlyn. So that meant Siana worked for MERC?! She wasn't opposed to teenagers starting to work early but MERC was... violent wasn't it?
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Quick Aside]

"I... I remember what you said, yeah." Siana nods. "And I believed you. I still do believe you. But it keeps happening, again and again and..." Her hand comes up to her mouth, choking back a sob. "...Jaahlyn, there's something wrong with me. I don't know what it is, it's not like being a strigoi, where I can say 'I'm hungry but I shouldn't eat'. I keep hurting people. I can't... I don't know what's going on up there that makes me do it, but I'm not going to keep letting people get hurt while I run around like nothing's wrong." She sniffs, dabbing her eyes. "Going to the police is the right thing to do. Maybe I'll still feel awful... but I can't hurt anybody while they have me."

She takes a shaky breath and tries to steady herself. There's other things to talk about than a moral debate with Jaahlyn.

"My uncle lives at [address in Butterfly Bay, Seaside]. I lived with him before I came to MERC. That's probably where Owena's taking me."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Quick Aside]

Seaside? Hopefully they didn't have to take a plane or boat there then. Sounded like a lot of hassle.
"I will be there. But if you feel as if its too much just know that there is a place called GloG where you can go. It's much better than any police. But I'll talk to you soon, alright?"

Then after getting a confirmation on that, Jaahlyn will hang up.