Home

Personal homes and private lots.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by bc56 »

Brignole Manor
Sekhmet nods. "That, uh, sounds good." Sekhmet has a slight feeling that she might be better off of Hiep never reports back. But that remains to be seen.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Stasia's expression warms a little at that, but there's something a little distracted to it for a moment before she seems to fully break free of whatever's on her mind. "Thanks," she adds with a smile and a returning squeeze.

The trio round the corner just as Kitsuki hands the strigoi the phone, causing Ana to stop awkwardly in the entranceway. Her eyes shift from one figure to the other, trying to parse the situation and regarding Siana with a hint of worry. Was she alright? "Oh - hey mom. We were just heading out."

Stasia, for her part, offers the girl a wan smile even as she clings to Eliseo's arm - nervously tight, in fact. "She - um, helped us get home," she explains with a quick glance Siana's way. "Made sure we were safe from- from something that could've followed us." Hopefully the knight will pick up on the vague wording that she doesn't want Eliseo to know any further details.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

Siana looks back and forth between Stasia, Ana, Kitsuki, and Eliseo, at a complete loss for what she should be doing just now. Ana and Stasia both seem concerned for her well-being, and probably haven't gotten the memo yet that Kitty will not, in fact, be allowing Siana to stay. Eliseo... well, she doesn't recognize him by his looks, voice, scent, or anything, but given the way Ana and Stasia are holding onto him, there can be little doubt as to his identity. Unless the foxgirl had a brother she neglected to mention, which Siana would suppose is possible, but which doesn't seem likely; she probably would've met the boy by now if that were the case. Plus, that really doesn't look like the way one would hold onto their brother.

Her attention then turns back to Kitsuki, and the phone in her hand. If she's not going to be able to go with Ana and Stasia, then following Kitsuki's instructions would... well, she actually probably isn't going to do that either way. Calling Owena for a ride would be humiliating enough; calling her back for one, after assuring her that she had the situation well in hand, would be even worse. But, at the same time, they're now in a situation where Kitsuki has to be the one to tell Ana and Stasia that their bodyguard from last night won't be able to uphold her promise, and that Kitty is the one responsible for that. Siana doesn't have a strong read of the woman, but she's not entirely sure she'd have the heart to look her daughters in the eye and say as much.

So the only things that are clear at the moment are that she won't be calling her sister and that she will be leaving soon, once she's sure of what she should be doing exactly. Unfortunately, that just leaves her standing with her hand on the doorknob, staring uselessly at the phone in Kitsuki's hand, and then back up at her arm on the door.

It then occurs to Siana that she dropped her glamour a short while ago and hadn't yet bothered to bring it back up. That... likely wasn't going to make a good first impression on Ana's boyfriend. She glances back over in his direction and gives him an apologetic smile as her appearance flashes back to that of a raven-haired, pale-skinned teenage girl in loose black garb, as opposed to the insectile abomination underneath. Here's hoping that doesn't weird him out so much...
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Brignole Manor]

"Sounds like a plan!" Hiep gets up with gusto. Whether she's just eager to begin or picked up on Sekhmet not wanting to talk to her for longer than necessary is unclear. "I'll be back when I have news."

A week later, Hiep does indeed return. She seems in high spirits, which is at least partly explained by the evidence that she had a lot of fun wherever she was. The flush or her cheeks, the hickeys on her neck and the faint smell of alcohol signal it quite clearly. Still, as soon as she sees Sekhmet or one of her family, she pronounces proudly:

"I've got good news!"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Brignole Manor
After a couple days, Sekhmet had figured that Hiep wouldn't be coming back for one reason or another.
So when she shows up looking and smelling like she had a "good time," Sekhmet is a bit surprised. "Good news?" she replies hesitantly upon answering the door.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

Eliseo gives the whole situation a confused look as they approach. His eye noticeably widen when he catches sight of Siana before the glamour comes back into place. Hey even in the Nexus some things are still a bit shocking. Still, he's not judging. "Uh yeah, I'm happy to go along with them." He adds, since he knew his company was in part at Kitsuki's request. "And, uh, nice to meet you, Siana."

"Oh, is it that time already?" Kitsuki looks back at Siana. Yeah, she's not going to cooperate, is she? Well sometimes the adult in the room knows what's best. "Hold on just a minute." She stops offering the phone, instead turning it toward herself and hitting the redial button. It should start to ring the number Siana called as she lifts it to her ear.
~Images by Soushiyo
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Brignole Manor]

"Yep! I found the fey I told you about. His name is Silent Feathers Drifting." Hiep dismounts from her deer, who once again stands patiently in place. "He presides over a hunting lodge near a lake. He said that he's willing to receive you in his sanctum and hear you out. His business involves hunting, fertility and vitality. This could work."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

Ana frowns a little as she looks from Kitty to Siana. Was she stopping her from leaving? That's... odd. If anything, she would've assumed to see the opposite. Was she trying to patrol or scope out the place or something? Is that even safe considering the sunlight?

"Oh! Um - Siana, this is my boyfriend Eliseo," Stasia adds after a moment, feeling the need to fill the awkward space with introductions. "He, uh - swung by to check on me." Yes. Check on her. That's exactly what was happening when Kitty opened the door earlier.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Brignole Manor
That does sound like it would fit Sekhmet's cultists, although Sekhmet herself doesn't seem too impressed. "Okay. Uh, lead the way," She steps out the door and closes it behind her.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

Rein flies back through the now permanently open window, maniacally babbling to Harley. "I got Manja back, she's ok, she's not even crying so I don't think she's scared but I didn't see who did it and we'll have to look for evidence like fingerprints or something but that'll have to wait because Kitsuki's gone into labor and she's going to have the babies on the street right now." Reinholdt rushes off to the... wait he's never been here before. He starts opening doors at random looking for towels and stealing the first baby blanket he sees instead, taking it from whatever child might have owned it. In the process he shifts Manja to Harley's hands, but unwittingly takes whatever's in her hands, so now he has one of the trio and a blanket.

Rein darts over towards the kitchen. "You might have to perform an emergency c-section, you know how to do that right?" All mothers know how to perform intricate baby delivering surgeries, yes? "I'll get you a knife," Rein says, tearing through the various drawers, but finding nothing better than a butter knife. "What the hell, it's like they child proofed this... oh. Wait, I have knives. Water!" Since he's in the kitchen, he might as well grab water.

So he rushes back out of the house, returning to Kitsuki and Obriane with a gallon jug of water, a random baby, and a blanket that definitely isn't a towel.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: Mar 28, 2023 4:02 am [Bellamy House]

Kitsuki opens her mouth to try and get another word in, but then he's off like a shot. She gives Obriane a slightly harried look. "Okay, I think you two are both way more panicked than I am. I've done this twice before, remember?" She shakes her head. Not that she's feeling great, but she knows what to expect. "Help me take a seat on the step then you can call the cab, okay? And someone should get me a towel. I'm not going to be happy if my water breaks and I make a mess in the back seat of a cab."
[Bellamy House]

"Uh, I'm sure Rein will remember that. He's been doing this before after all. Or I guess I could call him?" Obriane will certainly help Kitty into the cab once it arrives before it comes to that, Rein makes his triumphant(?) return.
She gives him an odd look. What was all that for?
Well, she will grab the jug of water from him to hand it to Kitty as she assumes its for her to drink. Then she's going to offer to take the baby from him. "You, uh, didn't need to take him."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Gullara wrote: Mar 30, 2023 4:03 am [Uninvited]

Eliseo gives the whole situation a confused look as they approach. His eye noticeably widen when he catches sight of Siana before the glamour comes back into place. Hey even in the Nexus some things are still a bit shocking. Still, he's not judging. "Uh yeah, I'm happy to go along with them." He adds, since he knew his company was in part at Kitsuki's request. "And, uh, nice to meet you, Siana."

"Oh, is it that time already?" Kitsuki looks back at Siana. Yeah, she's not going to cooperate, is she? Well sometimes the adult in the room knows what's best. "Hold on just a minute." She stops offering the phone, instead turning it toward herself and hitting the redial button. It should start to ring the number Siana called as she lifts it to her ear.
Arkhosia wrote: Mar 30, 2023 3:36 pm [Uninvited]

Ana frowns a little as she looks from Kitty to Siana. Was she stopping her from leaving? That's... odd. If anything, she would've assumed to see the opposite. Was she trying to patrol or scope out the place or something? Is that even safe considering the sunlight?

"Oh! Um - Siana, this is my boyfriend Eliseo," Stasia adds after a moment, feeling the need to fill the awkward space with introductions. "He, uh - swung by to check on me." Yes. Check on her. That's exactly what was happening when Kitty opened the door earlier.
[Uninvited]

"...Hello." Siana manages to say, not taking her eyes off of Kitsuki. Meeting Ana's boyfriend is interesting and all, but it's rapidly becoming the least urgent matter in the room. Her mind races as she considers what, exactly, she should be doing in response to this; being unfamiliar with the redial feature, she doesn't realize exactly what Kitsuki is doing.

Not until she hears her sister's voice through the speaker.

"Codebreaker residence, Owena speaking. How can I help you?"

Siana's shoulders sag as the realization hits her. Kitty's going over her head and calling her sister directly.

The strigoi's gaze drops to the floor and she says nothing else, simply releasing the doorknob and slumping against the nearby wall, slipping to the ground with a defeated sigh.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Unfortunate Timing]

A few things happen as Jay returns to her apartment.
As she opens the door she will find a certain satyr clad only in her underwear that have just propped herself into the most seductive post she could think of by the time she heard someone unlocking the door.
However, by the time she's realized it wasn't the person she seems to panic, stumble, and fall flat on the floor.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

Jaahlyn will probably be surprised to find a winged auroch-satyr walking through the door and practically jumping a foot in the air when she sees her.
Probably not helped by the fact that she's holding her boyfriend's keys, her boyfriend's mostly one of a kind familiar and his definitely one of a kind staff.
"Jaahlyn? What the heck are you doing here?" she blurts out.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

Jaahlyn makes a quick recovery and has gotten up only a moment after she fell over. At this point she has stopped attempting to cover herself and points at an accusing finger at the stranger. "I could ask you the same thing, this is my boyfriends apartment. Who even are you?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

Jay wiggles her fingers in an awkward smile.
"Hi Jaahlyn. It's me. This is just a Mask. Was doing secret mission stuff. You uh, just let yourself in?"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

Jaahlyn stares back at Jay in confusion. "What are you talking about? Mask?" In the heat of this moment she's not really making the connections.

You could simply step outside again and close the front door or use the bathroom to take the mask off. You just need a few seconds when you aren't observed. Shadow of Light reminds her.
But speaking of taking off I shall abscond now that you've returned home safe. The angel had a feeling that their presence wouldn't be welcome for much longer.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

”Ugh. I knew I should have gone with the plan to ditch the mask in my getaway.”
She makes a bit of a show of taking one long step back, closing the door for about five seconds, and re-emerging as Jim with a slightly annoyed look on his face that quickly melts into a grin.
”See? Just a mask.”
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

As Jim opens the door again Jaahlyn finally realizes what this was. "A glamour? You got some explaining to do, mister." She will try to usher him inside and close the door behind him. Not wanting the entire floor to hear their discussion.

"And yes, I... invited myself in. I was going to come over for a surprise visit and you weren't home or answering your phone. I just got off calling your friends and they didn't know where you were either. I was actually starting to get worried when you started unlocking the door." She points at him. "Now, explain."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

Jim considers a moment. But ultimately, he can't go with the idea of lying to Jaahlyn.
"I heard there was a particularly nasty fey in town. Among other things, one of the ones that had really abused your Rules when you had them. I know you're not a fan of the angels, but one of them offered to make me a glamour to help get dirt on the guy. So...I did. That was really it." he shrugs.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

Jaahlyn raises an eyebrow as she hears Jim's explanation. "Okay... I don't know what to think about that but how did you even get involved with this in the first place? Since that wasn't just a glamour you were wearing, was it? It was a full-on mask. Since not even I could tell it was you at first. Angels don't just hand out those unless it's important."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

Jim shrugs.
”The person who tipped me off said there was an Angel in town. I told the Angel I wanted to speak to them, and they popped into my dream like you do to offer a plan. I…imagine it’s not normally that easy. But they called this guy a murderer so I imagine it was a big deal.”
And he also imagines that fey and angels don’t generally care about mortals enough to indict someone over it, so Yawain probably killed someone pretty important.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

Jaahlyn remains looking dubious. "Okay... but who tipped you off then? Since that's not something that just comes up in casual conversation and you've haven't been looking for 'bad fey' to take down, have you?" She gives him a concerned look as she crosses her arms over her chest. "Since if someone contacted you with this information, I'm the cause unless you've some other fey-connection you haven't told me about yet."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

Jim considers again, but again decides that hiding information from Jaahlyn just wouldn’t be right.
”A piece of you that you left behind a long time ago. From the sound of it for good reason, so maybe it’s best to leave it at that.”
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

The satyr stares at him for few seconds she suddenly realizes what he's talking about.

"...skeletal animals?" She inquires and groans as he confirms it.

"Those fucking bastards. I should have warned you." Jaahlyn let's out a deep sigh. "Since they always try to pull this crap with people I love. People they can use." She pauses and slumps down on Jim's bed and then looks up at him after a moment. "...do you mind if I ask who they wanted to 'take revenge' on this time? I probably don't even remember them but there always seem to be a different target for their damn schemes."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

"A satyr they accused of some pretty heinous shit." Jim shrugs.
"That's why I talked to the angel at all. I mean, it was quite the sob story. I had to make sure a third party confirmed any of it actually happened even if you've said they're usually bad news. And when they said 'hey, I can get justice on this guy if you just sit in a room with him for five minutes' it seemed like a pretty decent plan. If I got tricked and nothing comes of it, I didn't do anything illegal and the Mask just comes off." he shrugs. But Shadows did confirm Yawain did plenty of bad things so could he really have just refused to do anything?
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Unfortunate Timing

"Most satyrs are responsible for some pretty awful things so that wouldn't surprise me." Her included. "But they don't trick people. Not like that at least. I'm sure whatever that satyr did to me was horrible. But there's a good reason to why I don't make more of those.

They're... trapped in terrible moments which I'm not sure they can move beyond. Just existing in constant pain and misery. Which is why they spend all their time trying to make people like you take their revenge. Regardless if that's what I want or not.

What I mean is... some of these things happened thousands of years ago, Jim. I can't even convenience how long that is despite apparently existing for that long. It's just water under the bridge at this point."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Unfortunate Timing

Jim nods, sinking into a nearby seat.
"The thought crossed my mind. I mean gods, Jaahlyn, they wanted me to poison the guy! Hence. You know. The second opinion. I promise, all I did was talk to him for five minutes. That was all I agreed to do, and that's all I did.."
But it is possible he got someone convicted for a ten thousand year old murder. But...he doesn't even know how to think about that. You're not supposed to let someone get away with a murder. But maybe that's just because as a mortal he can't wrap his head around a murder being that old.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Arkhosia wrote: Mar 30, 2023 3:36 pm [Uninvited]

Ironsmith wrote: Apr 04, 2023 4:19 am [Uninvited]

"...Hello." Siana manages to say, not taking her eyes off of Kitsuki. Meeting Ana's boyfriend is interesting and all, but it's rapidly becoming the least urgent matter in the room. Her mind races as she considers what, exactly, she should be doing in response to this; being unfamiliar with the redial feature, she doesn't realize exactly what Kitsuki is doing.

Not until she hears her sister's voice through the speaker.

"Codebreaker residence, Owena speaking. How can I help you?"

Siana's shoulders sag as the realization hits her. Kitty's going over her head and calling her sister directly.

The strigoi's gaze drops to the floor and she says nothing else, simply releasing the doorknob and slumping against the nearby wall, slipping to the ground with a defeated sigh.
[Uninvited]

Eliseo looks between the two, then at Ana with a questioning look. Looks like they've stumbled into something. Seems awkward.

When the phone is answered, Kitsuki replies. "Hello, I'm trying to reach Siana's family. Unfortunately we can't have her stay here right now, but it's not safe for her to leave at this time of day either. I'm hoping someone can help." Her voice adopts a polite tone, though she's honestly just tired. It might be a bit strained.
Reinholdt wrote: Mar 31, 2023 8:26 am [Bellamy House]

Rein flies back through the now permanently open window, maniacally babbling to Harley. "I got Manja back, she's ok, she's not even crying so I don't think she's scared but I didn't see who did it and we'll have to look for evidence like fingerprints or something but that'll have to wait because Kitsuki's gone into labor and she's going to have the babies on the street right now." Reinholdt rushes off to the... wait he's never been here before. He starts opening doors at random looking for towels and stealing the first baby blanket he sees instead, taking it from whatever child might have owned it. In the process he shifts Manja to Harley's hands, but unwittingly takes whatever's in her hands, so now he has one of the trio and a blanket.

Rein darts over towards the kitchen. "You might have to perform an emergency c-section, you know how to do that right?" All mothers know how to perform intricate baby delivering surgeries, yes? "I'll get you a knife," Rein says, tearing through the various drawers, but finding nothing better than a butter knife. "What the hell, it's like they child proofed this... oh. Wait, I have knives. Water!" Since he's in the kitchen, he might as well grab water.

So he rushes back out of the house, returning to Kitsuki and Obriane with a gallon jug of water, a random baby, and a blanket that definitely isn't a towel.
Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 31, 2023 10:01 pm [Bellamy House]

"Uh, I'm sure Rein will remember that. He's been doing this before after all. Or I guess I could call him?" Obriane will certainly help Kitty into the cab once it arrives before it comes to that, Rein makes his triumphant(?) return.
She gives him an odd look. What was all that for?
Well, she will grab the jug of water from him to hand it to Kitty as she assumes its for her to drink. Then she's going to offer to take the baby from him. "You, uh, didn't need to take him."
[Bellamy House]

Kitsuki takes the jug of water, but doesn't really process that right now. He really is in a tizzy. "Rein Rein Rein, you need to slow down. Take a deep breath or something." She says as carefully as possible. Ignore the wince in her expression. "Now I need you to focus. Take the blanket back and get a towel. Then we can go."
~Images by Soushiyo
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

Slow down. Or something. That means...
Rein juggles the baby to one side and pops out his flask, taking a swig, then two. Rum. Yes. That is the only answer here.

"I'll, uh, just put this back then." Rein does seem calmer, mostly out of embarrassment as he returns to Kitty's place to return the baby and the baby's blanket. He'll gather up some towels before coming back once more. Maybe didn't need three towels, but he got them anyways.
► SHOW SPOILER