Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Home

Post by Ironsmith »

[Bloodplunder House]

"The bottom line is, everybody is fine, and the door will need to be replaced." Aikobaz says simply, momentarily satisfied with Aigothurz's explanation. "The finer details can be discussed at a time when we are all awake and more cool-headed."

There's no telling whether Nana will agree to that, of course. And even if she does, Aikobaz isn't sure what sort of details she'll push for in the morning. But at least she'll have time to rest and prepare.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Bloodplunder House

"I'll have Ugthurz fix it tomorrow. You going to be bunking together regularly, then?" Nana smirks a little as she asks, truly believing that she's being fed a cover story... Even if it does explain what she's walked in on rather adequately.
"Uhh... no, I don't believe so." Though it's ultimately down to Aikobaz, as it's her bedroom.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Bloodplunder House]

Oh, boy. Aikobaz probably can't convince Nana of the truth in such a short time frame. But so long as she's relentless about the truth, maybe Nana will come around to it on her own.

"Semi-regularly at most." Aikobaz states. "Aigothurz was the best candidate for this experiment. Future experiments may involve him again, or Hope or Ugthurz, or even you, if you wish to volunteer. Dream-sharing is not quite the experience I thought it would be, but it seems like a useful technique to refine. And besides..." She turns toward Aigothurz and gives him a reassuring smile. "...Apart from that hiccup at the end, it was quite entertaining."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Bloodplunder House

"Ugthurz is married. He has family of his own, a wife and a couple children. He'll not say yes, so take him off your list. As for me... Dearie, if I were twenty years younger, I'd have the... patience you deserve. I don't want to break you, dear." Nana smiles kindly at Aikobaz, and will try to pat her on the shoulder. Her grip is surprisingly strong, but Aikobaz is probably used to that by now.

"Uh... great? I also learnt a lot. You know the little shrine that throws stones at people who get too close? It's home to a metrodeus. Uh, a city-god, like Ecbatana's. It had a reservoir, which it could be possible to refill. The hollow's still there, and the river isn't that far away." Aigothurz is a little awkward right now, but Nana's eyes widen as she hears this. She does know the little shrine, apparently.

Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Bloodplunder House]

Right. Aikobaz is just going to ignore that her caretaker was absolutely willing to... yeah, forgetting about that before it creates a mental image seems more conducive to her mental health.

"That's what we suspect, at least." Aikobaz quickly adds, as a disclaimer. "Dream visions are not always reliable. They can be complicated by the dreamer's wants, fears, biases, and assumptions. We found a shrine matching that description. There was a bird that spoke profanities at us there, which claimed to be something like a metrodeus. But if either of us at any point assumed that it was, or that it was indeed a resident of that shrine, everything that followed would be suspect." She crosses her arms. "I would like to think my presence tempered the natural impulses of my considerably-less-experienced partner, but given what else did follow, it would seem prudent to take the vision with a grain of salt."

It might occur to Aigothurz that this technically means he and Aiko might not have had the same dream after all. It would be entirely possible for the two of them to slip into seperate visions without knowing it (since the other would still appear to be present) and re-join at a later time, none the wiser.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Brignole Manor
Sekhmet nods. The inside is a bit of a mess, with moving boxes still stacked in corners and only the bare minimum of furniture.
She finds a kettle, fills it with water, and sets it on the stovetop, then snaps her fingers. The water immediately begins to boil. Sekhmet gets out teabags and a tea set and uses her tail to transfer the kettle to the kitchen table. "Please, take a seat. Any sugar? And, uh, do tell me what happened."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[Brignole Manor]

Are those... bags with tea in them? Weird. But Hiep has learned a long time ago not to question local customs.

"No sugar, thanks. Now where to start... right. I was going down the street in Inside when I saw them. Two groups, both claiming to worship you but disagreeing on how. There was a priestess leading each of them, one claiming you need blood sacrifices and the other... not wearing a whole lot and with a lot to show." Hiep makes a vague gesture with her free hand. "They said that most of them used to worship your mother, who demanded ritual murder of them, among other stuff. Now they know you want to turn things around but no specifics. They don't seem to be killing people anymore, at least. Just willing bloodletting. But either way there seems to be a blood faction and a sex faction."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Uninvited]

Eliseo staying over? Now?

Well... that would be up to Kitty.
She had other things to do after all.
Obriane gives Ana a last squeeze before she slowly gets up on her feet. She gives Kitty a nod and walks over to the kids room and gently opens the door to slide inside. Closing it behind her before turning to them. "Hey kids, uh- stop that Annie. You can't hurt your brothers like that!" She remarks with a gesture, mustering up some firmness in her voice.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Uninvited]

"Trust me, Ana, no spirit is going to mess with you under my watch. This sort of thing is your moms' specialty after all." She gives Ana's arm a reassuring squeeze.

"I... suppose he can stay over, yes. If he wants to." Kitsuki has to admit that with their full house it's going to be hard to give Ana, both of them, the attention they need right now. Eliseo would be a lot of help just by being around. "Annie can stay with Obriane and I tonight. So you have some extra space." Two Ana's was already a bit of a stretch.

Annie lets go when she hears Obi's scolding tone. All three toddlers scamper away and hide behind their mom's legs, giggling to themselves.

"I wasn't hurting them!" Annie protests immediately. "We were just playing."
► SHOW SPOILER
[Bellamy House]

"...Yeah, I think you're right, Obriane." The doctor had warned that having multiples could mean she delivers unexpectedly early. It had happened with the triplets, but only a couple days. She's not taking any chances.

"Rein..." She looks torn at the cat. "I'm sorry. This is terrible timing. There's still so much we need to figure out, and shit, everything that just happened-"
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Gullara wrote: Mar 15, 2023 3:35 am
[Uninvited]

"Trust me, Ana, no spirit is going to mess with you under my watch. This sort of thing is your moms' specialty after all." She gives Ana's arm a reassuring squeeze.

"I... suppose he can stay over, yes. If he wants to." Kitsuki has to admit that with their full house it's going to be hard to give Ana, both of them, the attention they need right now. Eliseo would be a lot of help just by being around. "Annie can stay with Obriane and I tonight. So you have some extra space." Two Ana's was already a bit of a stretch.
[Uninvited]

"I-I'm still-" Stasia hesitates, biting her lip with a skittish glance. "O-okay." Kitty and Obriane know what to do. They always did. And she didn't think she could endure recounting all of that again to Jaahlyn anyway. Even once is enough to leave her an elastic stretched towards the warping point.

Getting approval seems enough to help though, and Stasia lets out a wound-up breath. "Thanks, I'll- I'll let him know. I'm- I'm gonna try and go to my lessons today too. I think I need it." Training with Wenomir consisted of a lot of routine drills and exercise, the kind of thing that was easy to get lost in. He might worry about her if she called out too, which was the last thing she wanted any more of right now.

A moment or two later, Stasia slips out of her parents' room and makes her way back to her own. Close as they are, Eliseo shouldn't have too much trouble picking up on just how difficult the talk was for her. Stasia's eyes are still red from crying and all she can manage is a frayed-sweater smile. Ana, for her part, is already awake. She leans against their boyfriend in distracted silence.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

"I can attest that is, in fact, what happened." Siana offers. "Or at least, that she's not acting unprovoked. They had her pinned down when I came in, but she seemed to have the situation well in hand otherwise."

She tilts her head as she sees Stasia emerge from her mothers' room and start back toward her own, but doesn't move to follow her just yet. Ana and Stasia aren't going to just jump out the window or anything, right? And their mothers... probably still have some choice words for her.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

[Bellamy House]

"... Wait is this happening? This is happening? Oh gods this is happening..." Reinholdt goes from reassuring to antsy and panicky real quick, bouncing left and right on his feet. "Ok ok ok, breathe. Phewphewphewphew." Rein appears to be attempting to hyperventilate.

"I-I gotta go tell Harley and call a cab and call a doctor and where's Quinn when you need her?" Rein asks as he turns to fly away in a hurry back to that window hole.
► SHOW SPOILER
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Uninvited]

"Er-" Obriane gives Siana a glance, not having expected such a wordy explanation of the kids messing around. 'Attest'? 'Acting unprovoked'? She sounded... not like a teenager. Reminded her of Jaahlyn in a weird way. Someone that didn't really sound like their age group.

She turns her attention back to Annie. "-well, play less roughly then please. Ana has been through a lot tonight so you all need to be nice to her, okay? Then maybe... we'll do something fun." She bends down to pat the other siblings on the heads.

[Bellamy House]

"Uh, Rein! I'll call the cab!" Obriane calls after Rein. Hopefully not before he can fly away in such a hurry.

Only now it really dawned on her how weird it was that Rein could fly. Had he always been able to just casually ignore gravity like that? Perhaps he was like Kitty with her levitation.
But there was no time to put any consideration into that now. She had a kitsune to attend to.
Turning to Kitty, she will take her hands and squeeze them. "Kitty... it's all going to be fine. We've been planning for this for months. Everything will be alright. Part of her evil plan, remember?" She is of course talking about her other self.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Ironsmith wrote: Mar 13, 2023 7:15 pm [Bloodplunder House]

Right. Aikobaz is just going to ignore that her caretaker was absolutely willing to... yeah, forgetting about that before it creates a mental image seems more conducive to her mental health.

"That's what we suspect, at least." Aikobaz quickly adds, as a disclaimer. "Dream visions are not always reliable. They can be complicated by the dreamer's wants, fears, biases, and assumptions. We found a shrine matching that description. There was a bird that spoke profanities at us there, which claimed to be something like a metrodeus. But if either of us at any point assumed that it was, or that it was indeed a resident of that shrine, everything that followed would be suspect." She crosses her arms. "I would like to think my presence tempered the natural impulses of my considerably-less-experienced partner, but given what else did follow, it would seem prudent to take the vision with a grain of salt."

It might occur to Aigothurz that this technically means he and Aiko might not have had the same dream after all. It would be entirely possible for the two of them to slip into seperate visions without knowing it (since the other would still appear to be present) and re-join at a later time, none the wiser.
Or else Nana's still thinking it's a cover and assumes Aikobaz just propositioned her and wanted to let her down gently. Well, gently-ish; Nana's not very good at gentle.

"It would make some sense. My parents claimed our clan came from a city that was destroyed by drought millennia ago, though nobody knew where it had been or what it was called. There's several ruins in the Whispering Sea, caused by... Well, famine, drought, war, pestilence, and the like. Mostly city-gods die when their cities do, that one survived is unusual." Although Aikobaz would probably admit that, despite being a metrodeus, it was rather weak and far less impressive in the present than it was in the past it showed her. Possibly because it stopped having priests having their apprentices kill them in the shrine after learning all they could.

Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Sophie and Trick's car pulls into the driveway of their house. The family has come home, twice as big as it was just a few days ago. Sophie is driving, as Trick has just been discharged from the hospital... as have their two baby sons.

The twins are tieflings, just like Trick, but instead of long and thin tails they've got short, stumpy scaly tails of crocodiles. Their horns haven't grown in yet, of course, and their hair is darker than Trick's. When their eyes are open, they also show the bright blue hue of their other mom. Janos and Bertin Mouchabière are here.

"I think I've finished baby-proofing the place, but I predict we'll find a dozen things left to do in a couple of days," Sophie comments.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

Trick is a mess. Her brown hair desperately needs a wash and brush, and she clearly hasn't gotten enough sleep over the past couple days. The birth was extremely difficult, as it often is for first-time mothers, and for a part of it Trick was outright catatonic - all perfectly normal, the doctors said. At this point Trick looks like she wants to sleep for a week, though she has a very satisfied and happy smile on her face as her tail pokes towards Janos in the back seat.

"We always do. We should introduce them to the pets first thing; I know Szarn and Nicholas been pretty eager to meet them."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

"...Okay, but someone should go with you. You can ask Eliseo if you want." Kitsuki grants reluctantly. She trusts Ana's boyfriend enough for this task, at least.

Eliseo perks up as soon as Stasia walks in. He'd gotten settled into a comfortable silence holding Ana in the meantime, but he's roused now. "Hey. So how'd that go?" He pats the bed on his other side.

Annie sighs dramatically. Unfair that she should be scolded. "No one's told me why there's two Ana's yet." She complains.

This gets the attention of the other three. Umeko immediately pipes up. "What? Can we go see?" Her brothers voice their agreement.

All this boisterous chatter has a downside, though. The telltale whining starts to come from one of the cribs, the precursor to full on crying! That could set off a chain reaction.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Uninvited]

"It- it went alright," Stasia half-lies as Ana seems to rouse. She quirks a brow in concern as the shyer half slinks over like a nervous cat.
"You sure? And they didn't - I'm sorry, I should've gone."
"N-no, really - it's fine," she insists, shrinking into Eliseo's side for shelter, and both of them fall into an uneasy silence.

Another moment passes before Stasia ventures to break it. "Um - El?" She swallows. "Would - would you mind staying with us today? I, um- I really don't want to be alone tonight, a-and I still have lessons with Wenomir, but mom doesn't want us to leave the house alone today. I-I think it might, like, help take our mind off things." The last half seems partly for Ana, who is studying Stasia with a look of concern.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Bloodplunder House]

"I suppose it's worth investigating, at least, if you have the option." Aikobaz concedes, a finger on her chin. "I would offer to probe more, but having already seen it once, I can not be certain I would not continue to get the same visions simply because they are what I would expect to see. They are no more likely to be true when I am investigating on my own than when I had Aigothurz with me." She pauses for a moment, before adding, "In any case, that will have to wait until morning. I would request that you both leave my room now."

[Uninvited]

Nuts. The situation is just going to keep getting worse, isn't it?

And yet, Siana can not do much of anything about it, other than brace herself for what is likely to follow.

"...Sorry, miss Kitty." Siana manages to say, before limping out toward Ana and Stasia's room.

Internally, Siana is glad she included cicadas in her diet. The ability to temporarily deafen herself is probably going to come very in handy in the near future.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Bloodplunder House

"Right, o'course. Sleep well, the pair of you." Nana grins and eyes up the pair of them, and turns to leave. She'll wait outside, however, ensuring that Aigothurz follows.
"Uh, right. Goodnight, Aiko." He'll stand and follow as well, though Nana shuts the door, walks him to his room and then when he's inside gingerly sits down and props herself against it, before the old lady drifts off herself.

Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"I'm sure. I just hope they're not jealous of those two little creatures who occupy our attention." Sophie exits the car, opens the door and takes Bertin out of the car. The tiny tiefling is fast asleep, a little spit on his lips. "They're so beautiful, aren't they? I still can't believe they're here."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Halae »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"I believe it. I'm the one that went through it," Trick says drily as she picks up Janos. Despite her exhaustion, holding her son in her arms, to rest his head against her shoulder, causes a look of contentment to cross her face as she steps up towards the house to unlock the door.

And once it's open Szarn looks poised to spring!

... But he doesn't. When he sees the baby in Trick's arms, he just stops, transfixed. A tentative, almost scared sniff of the baby, and then he begins licking Janos's wispy black hair. It's the most gentle Sophie has ever seen the big brute.
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Bloodplunder House]

Once the two of them are gone, Aikobaz lets out a little sigh and lays back down in her bed, futilely attempting to go back to sleep. Truth be told, she isn't even that drowsy; a side effect of her frequent daytime napping. And for once, she finds herself wrestling with a genuine conundrum as she lays back and tries to make her brain relax.

Not helped, of course, by the still-warm patch of the bed where Aigothurz had been sleeping not so long ago, or by the unusual degree to which she could hear the noises out in the hallway thanks to the hole in her door.

The empress sighs and drops one of the pillows back onto her head, pulling it over her eyes and ears to block the world out, and to muffle the sound of a sentiment echoed by many an angsty teenager:

"Why me?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Mouchabière Residence]

"If we ever decide to have more kids, I can be the one carrying them," Sophie offers jokingly. Then her heart melts when she sees Szarn greet Janos. "Oh my goodness. Szarn likes him already."

Meanwhile, another inhabitant of the house arrives. The ageing red-furred cat Nicholas hops onto Szarn's back, as he often does. He regards the two newborns with a more aloof air than the big wolf. Who are these intruders in his territory?
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Brignole Manor
Sekhmet sighs again. "They're both wrong. I don't want bloodshed or orgies in my name." One of those is probably disappointing to Hiep. Sekhmet takes a sip of her tea. "I just want to live in peace with my family. I don't need that sort of attention."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Brignole Manor]

She's got people willing to organize orgies in her honor and she doesn't want them to? Bah. Some people just can't appreciate what fate gives them, can they. Still, she wants what she wants and Hiep's job is to make sure it happens. Probably. Might as well be.

"That's more or less what I guessed, yes. Getting them to stop worshiping you might not be easy, though."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: Mar 16, 2023 3:22 am [Uninvited]

"...Okay, but someone should go with you. You can ask Eliseo if you want." Kitsuki grants reluctantly. She trusts Ana's boyfriend enough for this task, at least.

Eliseo perks up as soon as Stasia walks in. He'd gotten settled into a comfortable silence holding Ana in the meantime, but he's roused now. "Hey. So how'd that go?" He pats the bed on his other side.

Annie sighs dramatically. Unfair that she should be scolded. "No one's told me why there's two Ana's yet." She complains.

This gets the attention of the other three. Umeko immediately pipes up. "What? Can we go see?" Her brothers voice their agreement.

All this boisterous chatter has a downside, though. The telltale whining starts to come from one of the cribs, the precursor to full on crying! That could set off a chain reaction.
[Uninvited]

Had Annie been told there was two Ana's? Obriane felt like she had missed something, or just forgotten it in all the drama. Either way, it felt like she was quickly losing control over the situation. Now Siana had just left the room and the kids were making demands. "Uh, as I said, Ana has had a really rough night. You have to let her rest first." As Obriane says this she quickly goes to the crib to attend to the baby and cradle him in her arms.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Uninvited]

"Siana." Kitsuki interrupts, stepping into the doorway. "You said you could call your sister?" There's not much disguising Kitsuki's feeling. She's concerned, perturbed, and clearly doesn't want the girl just roaming through her home.

"Oh, yeah for sure." Eliseo glances between his dual girlfriends. "Even if I had plans, how would they be more important than you?" He smiles. "You sure you want to go to your lessons, though?" He quietly wonders how that works given their situation right now.

Thankfully a little attention helps quiet the blue haired girl that Obriane scoops from the crib. It also helps hush the older children, given they know what happens when the crying starts.

"I guess." Annie relents. "Do I have to watch the babies anymore? I wanna go watch cartoons."
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Uninvited]

Siana opens her mouth to reply that she intends to do that later, but... something in Kitty's tone makes it seem like she isn't going to get away with that.

And she can't put it off forever.

"...Yeah. I'll just, um..." She makes a gesture in the direction of the phone, before limping over and picking up the receiver, ducking around the corner for some semblance of a private conversation.
► But surely somebody is going to eavesdrop
Siana lowers the receiver and shuffles back into the living room, keeping her face turned away from any kiddies that might still be in there as she goes to put the phone back on its hook.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Uninvited]

Stasia smiles at that, a light touch of color in her cheeks - but even so, Eliseo might feel that there's something muted about it. Like she doesn't fully agree, or that there's still something clinging for attention at the back of her mind. "Y-yeah, I- I think I am. I just - like, I need something to do. And I don't want to worry anyone by not showing up."

"...I'm not sure that I like, fully agree, but - I think Stasia's right," Ana adds, a little less confident that suddenly calling out sick was more cause for alarm than showing up mentally shaky and two people. "I don't think either of us can just sit here and stew, y'know? I just - I need to get out of the house, stop thinking about things." She grins. "Even if I'm sure she's tempted to just spend the whole day covering you in smooches."

"Ana!" Now Stasia's blushing in earnest.
"What? C'mon, I could feel what you were getting up to in there. Also you're like, half of me, remember?
~Welcome to Night Vale