Home

Personal homes and private lots.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Re: Home

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

"Yeah - I'll at least like, not be private about it out of fear anymore, hopefully." Anastasia smiles. "And I mean, as long as I have you, what do I even have to be nervous about?"
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Nothing as long as I have anything to say about it." Eliseo affirms.

Just then the door swings open, and standing on the other side isn't Annie, but Kitsuki. Eliseo shoots upright on the edge of the bed, but there's no denying he looks disheveled. "Uh..."

"One of these days when you visit I'd like to have you come in through the front door." Kitsuki crosses her arms, but her smile is amused. Annie peeks into the room from behind her mom and makes a face at Eliseo.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Anastasia, meanwhile, backs up against the headboard of her bed and props herself up on her elbows with a start. She's looking similarly disheveled, and it's really obvious to the keen eye of a parent what's been going on here besides just talking.

"W-wait, you mean you didn't let him in?" She jokes nervously, cracking a guilty little smile.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Nice try." Kitsuki replies. "I told Annie to get ready for bed and she informed me she couldn't because a boy was in her room." She mimics her daughter's tone. They had been talking (and making out) for a while, hadn't they?

"Oh, uh, yeah I better go." He leans over to give Ana a little parting kiss. "I'll text you." Then he gets up and heads toward the window.

"The door, Eliseo."

"Right, right." He meekly walks past the two foxes at the door, and presumably past Obriane too on the way out. How embarrassing.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

...Oh. Anastasia glances out the window. It had gotten pretty dark out there, hadn't it? Hopefully Eliseo will be safe out there.

"Okay," Ana responds, returning the kiss and watching him awkwardly make for the window before leaving the civilized way out. Once he's left, she'll look over at her mom nervously. "Um- you're not gonna tell them he was here, a-are you?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Kitsuki laughs. "No. He's off the hook as far as I'm concerned. I don't think sneaking out to see your girlfriend is particularly worthy of punishment. But he really can use the door. We don't bite; promise."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Hearing that is enough to release most of the tension in Anastasia's shoulders. "Okay, um, thanks. I didn't really want him getting in trouble just for me again. I'll let him know he can do that next time." She glances over at Annie awkwardly. "Sorry we took so long by the way - I didn't mean to, we just... um, had a lot to talk about."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Annie marches into the room then, her arms full of her dolls. "I'm going to bed, so you have to be quiet now. And no more boys." She informs. Then she turns toward the dresser to fish out her pajamas.

"She wasn't so hard done by, seeing as she got to spend the time playing dolls with Obriane." Kitsuki confides.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

"O-okay, I'll go get changed too." Ana gets up and retrieves her own set of pajamas from her dresser, before moving to exit the room and head for the bathroom like usual. She stops by Kitty as she closes the door to the shared room behind her though.

"I, um, ended up telling Eliseo about the jar. And like, what I've been saving up for," Anastasia explains, shifting nervously. Despite Kitty being entirely fine with covering for her, she still felt a need to explain herself.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Oh, that's good. I'm glad you have someone else you can trust." Kitsuki smiles wide. "He seems really good for you. Even if he refuses to use the front door."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Anastasia smiles, though she feels a little shy. "Yeah, he's been, like, incredibly supportive ever since he first found out. Like, when I told him about it, his first response was to tell me that he'd do his best to help me. H-he even, um-" she blushes a little. "He didn't mind when I mentioned I wanted to be able to have kids, either."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Aug 08, 2022 9:39 pm Butterfly Bay

"You keep regular wine in your house that you can't drink?" Codebreaker asks incredulously, though he saunters in regardless.
"I hear the doubt in your voice, Kyrie. But no really, this is a good thing! My new spirit friend can give me all the benefits I used to have, but now I don't gain a hundred pounds every time I have thoughts about my size. And I can talk to people who don't have divine protection without doing terrible things to them!" It's never happened but he has been isolating himself for the past year. And Kyrie did probably notice his fluctuating proportions. Along with random things in the house doing the same. The enlarged gold was nice the one time.
"Hm. If they came after a would that make them b or w?"
[Butterfly Bay]

"It's not that I can't drink it. It's that it's not very good for me. Slightly poisonous, in fact." Kyrie points out, producing the bottle from the chest in his room. "I trust I don't need to elaborate on the parallels."

pop!

"So, let me see if I understand this correctly." He continues, pouring the surprisingly fancy wine into a pair of significantly-less-fancy steel cups. "The spirit you used to serve, as a priest of sorts, has fled. In his place, he has left a newborn of similar power. While said newborn was incubating, you were unable to function as you normally would. And now that is is finished, you can resume your usual duties, only with said newborn under your care." Kyrie gives a slightly amused chuff. "Well, then. Let me be the first to welcome you to motherhood, Codebreaker. And if you are uncertain as to how to name your little bundle of joy, I would cast my lot for b."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Wow, that really is something. I get an invitation to the wedding, right?" A little teasing enters her voice, but she's not insincere. That's a few years out anyway.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

"I-" Anastasia stutters, and her cheeks flush. "Oh my gods, mom!"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"They." Codebreaker corrects. "a is a dual being with two distinct halves of blue and red. Hence the paint we had to use together." He chuckles at that particular memory.
"I don't think they've fled, exactly. I think they're still empowering me. I'm not sure. I'll have to figure things out. And to put it bluntly, no, I functioned too well as their host. All of those weird things that happened? My changing size, the colors of the walls swapping, things getting bigger and smaller? Yeah I wasn't doing it on purpose, things just changed when I thought about them. Absum's lock on your bodies is the only reason your family was safe around me. When that assassin tried to kidnap me I turned her into a dog with barely a thought. It was terrifying. Good riddance. I'm the last person to be playing god."
Codebreaker grins a great toothy grin at Kyrie. Aw, he made a joke! He's so proud of him.
"How many people can say that they helped bring a new spirit into being? I'm sure their father will be very proud of them eventually. Probably."
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Right right, get back to me in a few years." Kitsuki's grin is downright mean, clearly. "But really, I'm really glad to hear that he's there for you." She adds sincerely.
~Images by Soushiyo
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Keeper wrote: Aug 09, 2022 2:53 am Butterfly Bay

"They." Codebreaker corrects. "a is a dual being with two distinct halves of blue and red. Hence the paint we had to use together." He chuckles at that particular memory.
"I don't think they've fled, exactly. I think they're still empowering me. I'm not sure. I'll have to figure things out. And to put it bluntly, no, I functioned too well as their host. All of those weird things that happened? My changing size, the colors of the walls swapping, things getting bigger and smaller? Yeah I wasn't doing it on purpose, things just changed when I thought about them. Absum's lock on your bodies is the only reason your family was safe around me. When that assassin tried to kidnap me I turned her into a dog with barely a thought. It was terrifying. Good riddance. I'm the last person to be playing god."
Codebreaker grins a great toothy grin at Kyrie. Aw, he made a joke! He's so proud of him.
"How many people can say that they helped bring a new spirit into being? I'm sure their father will be very proud of them eventually. Probably."
[Butterfly Bay]

Kyrie can, in fact, think of many people who can claim to have sired a spirit. Many of them are quite prolific. But he's not about to insult Codebreaker with the comparison.

"An inability to leave your house because you might turn the sidewalk into a person and a person into the sidewalk does not sound very functional to me." Kyrie points out, taking a sip from his cup. "Power poorly wielded is little different from a handicap. But I suppose that's neither here nor there. Where is junior now? If 'where' as a concept does, indeed, apply to h-... to i-... to junior. And, on the subject of whereabouts, what of a themselves?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Ana's face is still red, but she seems to appreciate what Kitty's saying all the same. "Thanks, it - well, like you said, he's someone I can trust - a-and that feels, um, really good. I-I think his family might be the same too, actually."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"They seem so strict, but they raised a boy with a good head on his shoulders. So I'll hand it to them." Kitsuki laughs. "Keep a hold on him. People like that don't come along every day."
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Ironsmith wrote: Aug 09, 2022 3:09 am [Butterfly Bay]

Kyrie can, in fact, think of many people who can claim to have sired a spirit. Many of them are quite prolific. But he's not about to insult Codebreaker with the comparison.

"An inability to leave your house because you might turn the sidewalk into a person and a person into the sidewalk does not sound very functional to me." Kyrie points out, taking a sip from his cup. "Power poorly wielded is little different from a handicap. But I suppose that's neither here nor there. Where is junior now? If 'where' as a concept does, indeed, apply to h-... to i-... to junior. And, on the subject of whereabouts, what of a themselves?"
Butterfly Bay

Codebreaker wouldn't mind being compared to Arthfael, but only if he got to give him an embarrassing uncle hug immediately afterwards.
"Well I made sure that the reflecting pool of the shrine was stocked with water and a few crystals so they should be fine. a is...around? I think I haven't gotten communication from them. If that's because they're part of b or they've moved on to more geometric pastures, I dunno. I can look after b for now. I have no idea what pronoun they'll want so I'll just wait until they talk to me I guess." He's reasonably sure that math spirits don't understand the mortal concept of gender considering a didn't even understand basic things like food, or basic health principles.
"Which means I'm back to having all my options open! Not that I will be advertising it. If anyone asks it's because I have full control over my powers. Can't let anyone think I'm a sitting duck."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

"Oh, absolutely not." Kyrie agrees, setting the cup aside for the moment. "I would not want to put you or my niece through another home invasion, if possible. Rest assured that secret will not leave this room." He strokes his chin thoughtfully. "Have you given any consideration to what you will be doing with this newfound freedom? After being confined to your home for so long, I imagine you must have a hundred and one things you've been hoping to do at the first opportunity..."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Yeah, they really do. Maybe I should thank you for never getting like, security cameras or anything." Ana chuckles. "I'll do my best, but I think I've got him - I mean, he keeps coming back to me doesn't he?" With that, she'll break away and head into the bathroom to change and otherwise get ready for bed.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Kitsuki laughs, a bit taken off guard by the confidence. "Yes, I've noticed."

She lets Ana go to get ready for bed. Though when Ana emerges from the bathroom again she finds Annie standing just outside the door. "Is that why you change in the bathroom all the time? Because of your gender stuff?"
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

"Well, it means I can FINALLY do my own shopping. And let everyone in town know that I didn't disappear again." Codebreaker says with a chuckle.
"But here's the thing. I don't really have other friends." He had friends as Alan but well...somehow they kind of drifted apart after the Codebreaker thing happened. Almost as if he couldn't really relate to them anymore. And that one who immediately tried to steal from him. That also ruins friendships.
"So yeah I don't really have plans to meet folks outside my family. Um. Well. So I had uh. One goal. Maybe uh. Kyrie, would you be interested in another job? One or two hours a night, tops? I know you're busy, but..." but he also knows you need money terribly even with that huge chunk of gold CB transmuted for you.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Butterfly Bay]

Kyrie holds up a hand to stop Codebreaker right there. "I am not so busy as to be unable to do my friend a favor." He says curtly, quietly reminding Codebreaker that there really wouldn't be much point in paying him per se. "What exactly did you have in mind?" If not for the context, he would have assumed Codebreaker was going to ask him to renovate the shrine... though technically, he still might.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

Anastasia spends a bit more time than usual getting ready as she undoes her braid and changes into a set of polka-dot patterned pajamas. The events of the day have been... a lot, honestly, and she's still processing everything about her conversation with Eliseo and the feelings she got from it.

So much so that she almost doesn't see Annie in front of her until she speaks up, in fact. "Ah!" Ana jumps, looking down at her younger sister in surprise. "I, um - m-maybe, yeah,"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

Annie looks at Ana through squinted eyes. "Why?" She demands simply.
~Images by Soushiyo
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Butterfly Bay

CB wouldn't pay him knowing that Kyrie would refuse but he could use it as leverage to speed up the debt forgiveness.
And they already renovated the shrine so there's not much point in doing it again. Sure they were light renovations but CB doesn't really trust Kyrie with architecture. He's seen where he lives (he's in it right now).
"Well. Um. It's like this. I've been. Well it's more like. Um.
Kyrie would you be my personal trainer? I don't know if you've noticed but I'm um. Fat. Now that my body works like a normal mortal's again I can uh. Work on that."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

A Twilight Visit

"U-um-" Anastasia flounders, suddenly feeling terribly out of her depth. She looks from side to side, trying to find an escape route before remembering that she has no escape route. They literally share the same room.

"I-its because, um- since I used to be a boy, my body's, uh... a little different," She awkwardly explains, trying to figure out how to navigate this. "And, like - I'm... not very comfortable with people seeing that I'm a little different."
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[A Twilight Visit]

"Why does that matter? You're a girl now, right?" Annie says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "Girls can change together. Only boys have to get out." This is a known fact.
~Images by Soushiyo