Mallside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Mallside

Post by Gullara »

Mallside is the biggest shopping center in Nexus, containing more stores than you count, which range from all purpose marts to outlets catering to specific needs. The only Nexus mall worth going to also contains a trendy two level food court that sells items ready to go on the first floor, and provides a more formal and relaxed environment on the second. As if all that were not enough, it boasts a state of the art arcade (the Neon Coliseum) as well, which is complete with its own laser tag arena!

The tall, sleek modern building stands proud in the center of Market Street, its doors open to all comers, whether they're browsers, customers, or just people who want to enjoy the mall's atmosphere.
► Stores and Locations
► Rules and OOC
This thread is managed by Gullara. Please contact me for updates to the OP.

Tags:
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Re: Mallside

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

Ana and Eliseo are walking together in the mall concourse after having been spending some time together already. They're on a date, and just finished a meal. When there's a break in topic, Eliseo speaks up again, a tiny bit of trepidation in his voice. "Ah, so I wanted to get you something. I wasn't exactly sure how to do it, but my m- I mean I had a plan."

His cunning is revealed, because he stops them and they just so happen to be standing outside of Arcane Threads. "I wanted to get you some clothes, but I didn't really know what would fit. So, want to do a shopping trip?" He smiles earnestly at her.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

It isn't too difficult to find a lull in the conversation - Anastasia has been a little quiet today. The foxgirl has been rather subdued these past couple months, ever since the Bellamys adopted her. Still, the date's been going pretty well so far - the meal was lovely, and really seemed to come alive again chatting and laughing over dinner. That melancholy still leaks in on occasion though, which is why she looks up and blinks in surprise.

"O-oh! Um, yeah, it's - it's been a while since I've gone shopping, honestly." Ana blushes a little, seeing that bright grin on Eliseo's face. "Mmmmaybe I'll even let you pick something out for me to try on, if you aren't too daring about it," she teases.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

Eliseo laughs. "I don't even know what you mean. Let's go." He grabs her hand and leads the way into the shop. "I think they have a section over here for people with tails, so you wanna start there?" He suggests. Really he's out of his depth here, but he's flexible. "We can look at a few things. However long you want to."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

"Yeah, sure!" Anastasia smiles, all too glad to be holding his hand. She looks around as they entered, a little stunned by the sheer size and scope of the store around them. Wow, there was a lot of clothes. You could probably spend hours here if you wanted to.

The pair move through the aisles, and Ana is all too happy to cheerily pick out a few cute tees, some nice jeans and maybe even a skirt or two. There's surely a few times where Eliseo ends up being an emboldening influence, especially when it comes to the latter - but as they shop, there's something very interesting Eliseo might pick up on. Anastasia seems to like keeping things casual, sticking to "cute" but definitely more subdued attires... but every once in a while she seems to cast a lingering look back over to the dress aisle. It's almost as if she's somehow nervous to go in there.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

Eliseo keeps close to Ana as she pokes through the racks. He provides commentary here and there, especially complimentary when she tries something on. He might be a bit useless in that department, though, because he's not inclined to say when something actually doesn't look right.

He's not totally oblivious, though, even if this isn't his element. He notices her looks, and decides to take a littler wander over while she's looking at something else. She scanned the racks, plucking at a few things. "Hey Ana, you want to try something like this on?" When she looks his way she'll see him hold up an off-white dress.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

Anastasia's busy looking through a rack of particularly colorful blouses when Eliseo manages to get her attention. She turns and looks over the floral pattern blouse she's holding, only for cheeks to brighten as her eyes widen somewhat.

"U-uh, are you sure?" I-I'm not sure if I could really pull something off like that," the foxgirl frets nervously. Her eyes seem to bounce between Eliseo's cheery face and the garment beside him. It is a really pretty dress.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

"What? No way." Eliseo goes back over the Ana, carrying the dress with him. "You'd look great in it. Look it's got a tail slot and everything." He turn it around and indeed the zipper in the back extends all the way down to a tail gap. "I don't think I've ever seen you wearing a dress. I bet it'll be super pretty on you."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

"I-I-" Anastasia's cheeks warm as she hears such kind words from her boyfriend, and its enough to make her tails wag gently behind her. It seems that he's really starting to win her over. Still, there seems to be one small hang-up. "I've - L-like, I've never actually worn a dress before," the foxgirl confesses nervously.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

Eliseo isn't blind to her nerves. He's not quite sure where it's coming from, but he's sure he knows the solution. "Well... there's a first time for everything, right? You don't have to get it if you don't like it, but I definitely think you should try it on." He encourages.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

It takes a moment for Anastasia to respond. "Um, okay - I'll try it on," she finally relents. "Just... don't lie if I look ridiculous, okay?" With that, Anastasia will head over to the changing rooms to try the dress on.

---

It takes a minute longer than Eliseo might have expected for Anastasia to finally step out into the store for him... and when she does, she looks practically glowing. There's a bright, nervous smile on her face - and more importantly, the dress looks wonderful on her, almost like it was tailor made. "So, um - what do you think?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

Eliseo's eyes light up when she walks out and he gives her a big grin. "Wow, you look beautiful." His eyes flit downwards and his eyes widen a bit. Oh, he never realized- Well he hopes she doesn't think he was being pervy with that neckline. His cheeks get red. Okay focus, man. His eyes flit down again. Crap. "I can't believe you've never worn a dress before."
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

Anastasia blushes when she sees Eliseo's face brighten, and she feels her heart flutter. Oh gosh, not only did she think she looked good - she really does look good. Oh man, holy cow. The foxgirl breaks out in a bright, elated grin.

"I just - I dunno, I didn't think I was at that point yet. I- I dunno why, I mean-" Ana twirls a little, looking down at the mid-calf length skirt and watching it spin around her with obvious joy. "Ohmigosh, I feel so good wearing this!"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

Eliseo's not sure he gets it, but as long as she's happy now. "So we're definitely getting that one then." He laughs. Her high spirits are so contagious. "Maybe we can get you some matching shoes too? Make it a whole outfit." He suggests.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

The foxgirl giggles, looking down at the rather basic pair of sneakers. They really didn't fit this dress, did they? "Yeah, I think you're right. It- well uh, it'd be really nice to have more of these too, maybe we can pick a couple more out? Though uh- I don't wanna run up your bill too much." Clothing was expensive, and dresses and shoes even moreso. Ana knew that at least. After a moment, she glances back down at her dress. "You don't think they'll uh, mind if I keep wearing this?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Post by Gullara »

[Six Months Ago]

"As long as we're buying it, I doubt it." Eliseo shrugs, hardly concerned what the employees will think. "So let's get shoes, and some more dresses. Don't worry about what it costs. I've got it covered. You just pick out whatever you like." He's got a special date night budget from the Bank of Moms today. Money is no object.
~Images by Soushiyo
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

Six Months Ago

"Okay, sure. As long as you think it's fine." Anastasia smiles, all too happy to go along with Eliseo's plans. She keeps looking down at herself, feeling another gentle surge of euphoria at how perfectly the dress fits her. Although she guesses the neckline is a little low... wait, was that why- her cheeks redden a little as she follows her boyfriend back through the aisles.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Gullara
Forum Mommy

Re: [Inside] Mallside

Post by Gullara »

[Lucy's Diamonds]

Eliseo walks into the small shop and looks around uncertainly. Oh, but there's someone right there immediately; the titular Lucy. An older woman is sitting behind the larger glass case and stands up when he enters. She takes off a pair of glasses and set them on top of the counter. "Can I help you, young man?"

Eliseo comes over to the case, his eyes wandering over the jewelry inside it. "Yeah I'm looking for something..."

"Why don't you tell me what you need?" She gives him a friendly smile.

"Sure... I'm looking for, uh, promise rings. For me and my girlfriend." He replies hesitantly, Irena's description of 'baby engagement rings' still stinging.

Lucy's eyes sparkle. "That sounds like a sweet gift. Do you know what you want?"

"Yeah. I mean, kinda." Eliseo blushes a little bit as he explains his idea.

Lucy's expression doesn't change to register Eliseo's mild embarrassment. "I think I have a few options that will suit you, how about we take a look?"

A half hour later Eliseo leaves the shop with a small paper bag in hand. Okay, that's the last step down. He's ready for the big date. Yet the butterflies in his stomach are only getting stronger.
~Images by Soushiyo
Gold
Old Fart Poster
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Gold »

[Kevin's Harmless Pranks and Mean-Spirited Jokes]

A new store is opening its shutters for the first time in Mallside. The store has a sign above its entrance reading 'Kevin's Harmless Pranks and Mean-Spirited Jokes' in big, Comic Sans-y lettering.

Standing in the doorway is Kevin himself, a three-foot-tall human with 2 more feet of anime hair, silver blonde and pointing upwards in large spikes. He's so short, he has to stand on a stepping stool to work the counter in his own store. This has caused some people to think he is a gnome. Kevin is always wearing a suit of bulky, silver power armour (to clarify, the armour doesn't do anything for his height and he is still three feet while wearing it) that leaves only his head exposed. He is almost always grinning (though it's more a scheming/psychotic grin than a friendly one) making it hard to guess what he's thinking at any given time and ironically giving him a great poker face.

The shelves of the store are lined all the various joke items, gag gifts, and other assorted pranking tools you can think of. Fake moustaches, roast chicken flavoured soda, Magic: The Gathering Unglued booster packs, a magical tome that sprays the target in ichor... And cleaning supplies. Why cleaning supplies? Well, the ammonia aisle is right next to the bleach aisle, and that should tell you all you need to know. So you can clean up after someone's been pied or slimed of course!

So, who are we messing with today?
TASBot TALBot Solenoid Changer
"You monster!" -Gold Elemental - The Order of the Stick
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

Kevin's Harmless Pranks & Mean-Spirited Jokes

Somebody arrives. She's a fourteen-year-old girl, apparently human, with pale skin and brown eyes. Or at least, her left eye is brown; her hair, dark brown and shaved close on the left, overhangs her right eye concealing it from view. She's wearing a PREP school uniform of skirt- shortened unofficially by looping it around the waistband- white shirt and blazer, paired with long socks and black trainers. Slung over her shoulder is a black rucksack.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[Kevin's Harmless Pranks & Mean-Spirited Jokes]

Kevin is staring at a smart fridge he put on sale because he got it to run DOOM, wondering if he should increase the price since it's now a smart fridge and a gaming device, when he notices the footsteps of someone else in the store. A customer!

Kevin walks over to the schoolgirl, taking a lot of steps because he's got such little legs, and says "Hi, welcome to my store! Are you looking for anything specific, or just here to browse my hilarious wares?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"Mostly browsing. Although... Do you have any eye-mark stuff for binoculars and stuff? I dunno what it's called, but you rub it 'round the eyepads and when they take the binos away it's left panda marks on their face, y'know?" Earl also doesn't know what it's called, but it's clear the idea's just occurred to the schoolgirl and she's looking forward to it.

Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

"...Huh. You know, I couldn't tell you what that's called either." That makes four of us. "But either way, I probably still have some. I assume you don't want anything as harsh as black paint, so..."

Kevin will motion the schoolgirl to follow him into an aisle marked "Dark Humor". The shelves contain items such as science-class skeletons, breakaway crutches, and most importantly a few urns and boxes with ash inside.

Kevin hands over a small urn and says to the girl "Wood ash! The intended use is to pretend it's someone's deceased family, but you can also mix it with water to leave a pretty good mark on skin. So, what do you think?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

"I can see where the 'mean-spirited' comes in, now. Faking a dead person's ash is pretty mean, I think." Although she likes the skeletons; they're cool, in her mind. "But yeah, this'll be great. I'll smear it on the periscope next time we go out to practice, and Gemini'll get it all over her face." The girl grins at the thought, before her face falls a little. "Oh, shit. Gemini's got two bodies, so she'll see what I've done really quickly. It's why she's the gunner and loader. Do you have any other ideas I could go for?" If Kevin knows enough about armoured vehicles, he might realise she's talking rather casually about operating a tank. Possibly a submarine, but they rarely have guns (relying instead on torpedoes and missiles) and the guns they do have require more than a gunner and a loader to operate.

Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

Kevin shrugs. "To be honest, I'll be surprised if there's even still a market for that stuff. I mean, when was the last time you saw an urn or human ashes in real life?"

"Really? Two bodies... forgive me for asking, but can they both talk independently or does she just say everything in stereo?" Kevin is wondering whether two bodies means she can sing duets on her own. The last person Kevin knew who could harmonise with themself was Kevin himself.

"Okay, well, you'd want something that hits both of them at the same time. Maybe something that messes with their style? Not that I'm recommending you vandalise a school uniform."

Luckily for this interaction, tanks are operated rather casually where Kevin is from, plus 2500 total hours in violent videogames doesn't hurt. As such, he knows that the girl is referring to tanks, but doesn't comment on it.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

KHP&MSJ

"Well, no, I suppose there isn't. I've not seen it, but I've only recently got interested in pranks as comedy, y'know?" She's always enjoyed jokes, but never made much effort at practical ones because all she was able to get her hands on was an obviously fake snake and a plastic spider. Which don't generate much reaction when her family aren't arachnophobic. "She does both. And she does this thing where she says something and alternates every other word." Gemini probably could sing duets on her own, but that would require her being able to harmonise. Musically talented she is not. "So long as it's not something that touches their hair, I'm game for that. I don't think I'd live through whatever happened after I put dye in their shampoo or whatever. Not that it's likely to dye easily." Gemini's got very dark hair, which generally needs bleaching before it's dyed.

Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

[Kevin's]

"In that case, glad to see you moved over to the more practical side of life." All comedy is good comedy (yes, even dad jokes), but Kevin belives pranks are that much better because underlining them is the knowledge that someone put that physical time and effort into amusing themselves and others at the victim's expense.

"Huh. Does she?" What Kevin would say if he didn't know better is that that sounds like it would get annoying pretty fast.

"Okay, I think I have a prank idea. What if you printed out a really weird picture, and stuck it somewhere where only the gunner and/or loader could see it?" Kevin doesn't know if there's a spot like that in a tank, since it's been a long time since he was last allowed inside one, but if there is it's maybe a good idea.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Kevin's

Dad jokes, delivered by dads, can be peak comedy.

"That I can do. I know several places." The periscope, one of the shell racks, or several other places. "You know where I can find a weird picture? One that won't, y'know, taint my search history until the end of time with creepy shit?"

Gold
Old Fart Poster

Post by Gold »

"Well, I have a fax machine here. I'm currently using it to black fax the last guy who tried to hurt my wife, but I'm happy to let you print with it. And if you use your smartphone, most browsers have a privacy mode you can turn on and search history becomes a non-issue."

Kevin will lead the student to where the fax machine is, and it is indeed currently rigged to have a piece of black construction paper repeatedly ran through it, which means the poor schmuck recieving this is watching their printer indefinitely print full black pages and burn through ink like it's nothing.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Kevin's

The girl nods and pulls out... it looks like a pen, until she presses the end and pulls it into two halves, a rigid-light screen projected between them. She'll press some buttons as she searches for a picture she considers sufficiently weird without being too creepy, and eventually settles on a forested city scene. "How much do I owe you for the ink?"