Mallside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Re: Mallside

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Struggle Fountain]

Asami has a blank look on her face before suddenly getting excited. "Ooh! I saw a Polybius machine at the arcade the other day. Is it fun? I've been meaning to try it." She seems to have already forgotten Aiko's question and possibly everything that happened more than 30 seconds ago.

Tags:
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Struggle Fountain]

"Asami. Focus." Aiko mutters sternly.

Just in time for a large styrofoam cup of hot, chocolately goodness, topped with whipped cream and cocoa shavings, to be plopped in front of Asami.

"...Really?"

"What? I'm good at what I do." The frog-man replies defensively.

Aiko groans and headdesks. "Yeah, no, that one's on me."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Teaside]
[brackets lover] wrote: Jan 20, 2024 4:38 pm Mogzoku excitedly replies, "Yeah, you should try this one special blend that's just called 'Tea'. Its pretty good, despite the uncreative name."

With that being said, he goes to order himself, asking for an unspecified flavor of tea and then looking to Hiep to prompt them to order.
"Just 'tea', huh? Alright, I'll have one of those." She then settles in to wait. "Tea was pretty popular where I come from, though... I guess there was the fancy tea for the dynasts and common tea for us plebs. Our native aristocrats paid through their noses for the fancy kind."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Struggle Fountain]

The hot chocolate serves to distract Asami, who steadily drinks it as if it were a cold drink. She takes a deep, relaxed breath and turns to Aiko. "I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?" she asks innocuously.

[Teaside]

Mogzoku temporarily takes on a solemn look as Hiep speaks. "I guess class struggles are pretty universal, huh?" he admits scornfully, "But that's besides the point. Where do you come from, anyways?"
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Struggle Fountain]

"...You know what? Forget it." Aiko sighs, pulling her coinpurse from her pocket. "I think we both see where this is going. Here's [~$10]." The empress sets a fistful of change on the table in front of her. "...Spending time with Agate is clearly very important to you. And I'm glad you're out there making friends. But I want this to be the absolute last time I catch you doing anything stupid and dangerous for arcade money. Understood?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Struggle Fountain]

"Hai," Asami agrees. She will indeed try not get caught doing something dangerous and stupid again.

She takes the change and places it in her coat pockets. Now, she enjoys the hot chocolate and starts shaking one of her legs repeatedly, her current state being relatively idle and calm.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Struggle Fountain]

Aiko frowns. She knows exactly what that word, spoken in that tone, in that context, actually meant. "...And no, that does not mean 'be a sneaky baka about it'." She adds, trying to keep her tone soft despite the seriousness of the situation. "That means if you need money again, you come see me and we'll figure something out. You're not going into that fountain again. If I have to put you on a leash to make that happen, so help me I will. Okay?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Struggle Fountain]

Asami frowns sheepishly, scratching the back of her head. "O-okay. ...Thanks." She blushes a little, shyly looking to the side. She takes on more child-like mannerisms, having a comfortable smile as she remains close to Aiko.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

[Struggle Fountain]

Aiko lets out a little sigh and shakes her head. What is she going to do with this girl?

...Ah, she'll figure it out. She can't even be mad at her for too long. And it seems like Asami internalized the message, at least for now. This encounter's probably going to cost her a lot of arcade trips in the near-to-middling future, but if it keeps Asami from hurting herself just so she can spend time with her friend, it would be worth it, right?

"...Alright, you little scamp." Aiko smirks a little despite herself. "You go ahead and run along now. Be safe out there, all right?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Teaside]

"They sure are." She left them behind in her homeland, only to discover a whole new level of them in Yu-Shan. "I come from a place named Champa. It used to be a kingdom, now it's a satrapy. That is, there's a satrap sent by the empire to make sure we pay our tribute on time."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Teaside]

"Champa, huh?" Mogzoku reiterates, "Never heard of it. What kind of place is it?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Teaside]

"It's far away from here, in another world." Hiep sounds a little wistful. She still remembers the place fondly. "A small kingdom by the sea. Really, the kings are only called that to be polite. Most of the place is covered in mountains and forests. Not rich, but enough to support people. Idyllic, really. It's a popular vacation spot for bored Dynasts these days."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Teaside]

Mogzoku smiles at Hiep. "It sounds nice," he says politely.

The tea was finally placed on the service counter by a man who one would not pay attention to long enough to get a good visual description. This man blended into the scene perfectly like a piece of decor. "Your order's ready," he announces in a gentle tone.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Teaside]

"Perfect. Thank you," Hiep says and takes a sip of the tea. "What about you? Is there a country full of small fuzzy people somewhere?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Teaside]

Mogzoku tilts his head at Hiep, hesitantly responding, "Eh? No, 'moogles' are pretty spread out. I was born in the Rozarrian Empire myself. It is... predominantly ruled by the military. There's plenty of war and the whole region is super urbanized. Not the best place to live, you know?"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Teaside]

"People with weapons running the show... some things don't change." Hiep takes another sip of her tea as she considers how much she wants to say. "Although... would you believe me that for a while I lived in a city of gods?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Teaside]

Mogzoku's eyes go wide at Hiep's declaration. "Riiight. Well, um, hold that thought. I have to go... to uhh, to the bathroom," Mogzoku replies unconvincingly, beginning to skittishly fly away towards the nearest restroom.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Teaside]

"Sure, I'm not going anywhere."

She didn't expect him to be scared of it. Disbelieving, maybe. It's a pretty wild claim. But for now Hiep will wait to see what happens.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Teaside -> Bathroom]

Mogzoku enter's the men's bathroom, dropping to his knees by the entrance and hyperventilating. "Of course... OF COURSE she's a god! Or some sort of servant of one, kupo. They're bound to have some sort of magic! This is just my luck, kupo...."

He sighs defeatedly, his lips quivering anxiously.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Teaside -> Bathroom]

A moment after Mogzoku leaves, Hiep notices that something isn't quite right. Is he... kneeling by the entrance?

"Are you okay in there?" she asks, raising her voice.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Bathroom]

Hiep's voice ringing out causes Mogzoku to suddenly jump back and float, quietly squealing, "Eep!"

After a brief pause, he nervously replies, "Uh, yeah, just uh, figuring out how everything works!"

He waves his hand in front of the motion-activated paper towel dispenser, a loud whirring noise sounding out.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Bathroom]

"If you say so." Was it something she said? She's not exactly the most tactful person around, but she doesn't think she said anything concerning... "Take your time."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[Bathroom]

"Will do, kupo," Mogzoku replies, breathing a sigh of relief as he moves over to the farthest vent he can find in the bathroom. Carefully, he would pull out a screwdriver and attempt to silently unscrew the screws.