Plots: Serious, silly, random, oh my!

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
DeBunny
Maliciously Tyrannical Admin

Re: Plots: Serious, silly, random, oh my!

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

"Hmm...I wonder how an Empyrean would fair in such an environment. By my understanding, this brand of Unreality is akin to the environment of their enemies, the Fey. Best not to mention it to her, or her daughter, if you can help it. They're both aggressively helpful and I have no idea if their interference would antagonize the issue."
Absoluteness and its opposite mashed together, Syncope is currently theorizing that it would work about as well as boiling water and oil: explosively.

She does brighten a bit at this thought, which has a somewhat comical effect taken alongside her currently-drenched face.
"Perhaps you can spend some time practicing against some fey, or the like. I'm pretty sure there's a horrible monster you let loose in the world recently that would help, in that regard."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

G’nichi’s Home

G’nichi starts counting on his fingers.
”Are we talking about the gem, the centipede monster I kicked the snot out of, or was that a veiled insult at the kids?” he’s pretty sure it wasn’t. Syncope isn’t usually that harsh.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

A thoughtful expression and a head tilt.
"Was it a gem? It was rather hard to discern. Likely that it disguised itself as one to you, without worrying too much about the perceptions of others. I hear most Fey are complicated that way."

That gem was never going to be a positive end result for G'nichi.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

"I'm bound to honor a last request, but the whole thing was fishy to me. I buried it outside the city and asked Zee to keep an eye on it. I figured she would be equipped to notice if it was pulling any fey nonsense." Paladin rules are known to often get in the way of dealing with a problem properly.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

"One of many reasons I expect you to have companions on more serious tasks. Likely one of them can account for your...honor roadblocks."
Well, not if it's Karaglen. She's worse than G'nichi is about things like that.

"Maybe Zee was letting it fatten up to eat it herself, who could say. But I would suggest taking care of it yourself, regardless."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

"So you're saying I should go find someone before I suit up? That's fair. Well, I guess I'll go do that. Anything to help me not get knocked the heck out like last time?" he asks, not looking forward to going through that again.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

"Ah, for this hunt? I would, perhaps, ask Zee how dangerous she expects this particular creature to be, if she's been monitoring it. Having companions along is always good for fostering teamwork and the like, for later endeavors, however."
Evidently, by default, she isn't considering this a "serious task".
Though that could just be due to her having limited knowledge of Fey in general. Something she seeks to correct.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nchi's Home

"Sure, makes sense."
G'nichi flicks his wrist to see what weapon he has today. He'll have to formulate his plan accordingly. It also might change how much of his armor he puts on...
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

A simple, wrapped-hilt katana materializes into G'nichi's hand, cold in his hand and dripping with water.
Greetings, wielder.
An exceeding polite sounding voice presents itself to G'nichi's mind, as well.

Standing nearby, Syncope's form seems to shimmer slightly and she gives a wary look at the blade.
"Be careful with that one. It'll cause you as many problems as it solves."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

"Oh, hello new sword. Do you have a name? And what do you do?" he responds politely.

He gives a serious nod to Syncope, though. This is exactly why he went out of his way to procure himself a sidearm. An extremely well made but extremely normal sword he can carry when his current weapon is being problematic.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

I am the village rain. I cut all that which can be and that is everything.

Syncope, notably, is maintaining a hawk-like gaze on the sword, which hasn't so much as twitched since G'nichi called it in.
"That one is a mildly unique acquisition, compared to the others. The bracelet is a prison of sorts, for it. Even in the context of its control mechanisms, you're probably still going to have to feed it on occasion.
There are more notes on that sword than any of the others, as it has gotten at least a quarter of the bracelet wielders killed."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G’nichi’s Home

Ok definitely not something to leave with the kiddos then.
”So somehow even worse than the spear and the greatsword. Excellent.”
He looks down at the katana.
”Are you going to play nice if I get the scabbard out to carry you?”
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

I am the model of poise and obedience.
It has an utterly confident and calm tone.

Over to the side, there's a small 'hrm' as Syncope consults a small window of light that has popped open next to her head.
"Remember that it isn't like you. You can't gauge its ethics by your own. Asking a wolf to play nice in sheep could amount to only eating one instead of all of them.
You should probably get dressed."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

G'nichi looks down at the katana and back at Syncope.
You know, last time Syncope warned him of trouble she said to 'keep your head on a swivel' and then about twelve people died. And now she's saying that this sword has killed over a quarter of all previous bracelet holders.
"I think I'm actually good." He mentally compels the Wand of Illusion to take the place of the weapon he's holding; a power he hasn't actually really needed in ages. He feels an odd sort of sympathy for many of the weapons and generally uses them when he gets them regardless of if the Wand would be better. Even Bell, who routinely embarrasses him. Perhaps he knows that many of them are (at the bare minimum) imprints of the minds of real people and to bench them is to deny them their only real chance at interacting with the world a little.
"To me, my squires! Hero business is afoot!" he calls into the house. He has tried to give the yeth hounds jobs to keep them busy, and at least some of them like playing this role. He'll need his sword, his padding, and obviously his spirit armor. In theory he should put on a shirt under tall that but that's what his scales are for anyway.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Gnichis House]

Oh boy!

Jeb and Annie and Wilbur are down the stairs in a flash jabbering about what they have been up to and who they have been scaring and how they want to know what Gnichi will be doing. Like all black dogs they can take on a ghostly headless human shape but Annie is the only one who has figured out how to poltergeist things around like that.

So two headless dogs are dragging armor bits toward Gnichi while a headless girl with a plume of cold purple flame for a head will help with the buckles and things.

Jeb eyes Syncope eyelessly.

"You don't smell like anyone," the child ghost comments, unconcerned about the fact that it is kind of rude to comment on how people smell.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

Glittering points like stars spread across G'nichi's bracelet before the whole thing flares brightly like a painless flashbang to his eyes.

No one else sees anything at all.
To them (and G'nichi, after the light fades), he's simply holding a dripping sword one moment, and then a strange little wand with bits of paper fluttering off of it.

There's a very faint chill to his bracelet, afterwards, an abstract sense of spent energy.

"Probably wise. We should probably have you be more practiced before that one."
Syncope doesn't seem entirely relaxed still, eyeing something in her light-screen.
Well, before Jeb speaks up and she slides her gaze over to him, with a teasing smirk on her face.
"Oh, that's because I'm a just soulless war crime with a cute face."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

Thanks to the help of his NOBLE SQUIRES G'nichi is soon decked out in his full armor (he doesn't have a helmet yet) and is strapping on his sword belt. The Wand is just a wand of course, and can be safely tucked into his belt.
"Well, assuming our interactions aren't completely fabricated I'd say you're not soulless." G'nichi assures her. He can't actually prove that their not, but he's always willing to have a little faith. At least a little.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Fox Quest]

Just one elevator ride and hopefully no more passing of the buck. Jade will be ushered into a modest office suite where an earth pony, one Sugar Boiler, is practicing his putting swing.

Seeing an equestrian on their hind legs holding things always looks a little odd.

"Mister Boiler?" Downy says. "The representative from-"

"Yes yes, see her in," he replies before shooing the pegasus off.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Gnichis Home]

The good children have done an excellent job and are praised accordingly!

Syncope claims to be a cute soulless war crime and the children all seem skeptical of this. "But she's got a soul doesn't she?" Jeb asks, looking to the others.

"She's no spirit she's got stuff," Wilbur states definitively.

"Yeah spirits haven't got stuff and she's mostly stuff but her Name is all little," Annie adds as she picks up a fake jack o lantern and sets it atop her neck, causing its empty plastic eyes to blaze with ghostly flames. "But she's got a real name. It isn't all hollow like Karaglen's."

Insightful children chatter.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Fox Quest
Jade nods a curt farewell and steps into the office. "Jade Fisher. Phalanx Labs." Is a handshake a normal greeting for ponies? Too bad, Jade's doing it.

"This is very irregular, so I'm going to keep it brief. A very credible source warned me not to buy any products containing Roseluck sugar," Jade's tone indicates that she considers her source highly trustworthy. "I'm not exactly sure what I should be worried about, but with Spooktober around the corner, anything wrong with the sugar would be a catastrophe of massive proportions, targeted at children." Ponies like kids, right? This should be a good motivator.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Morty wrote: Oct 07, 2022 10:34 pm [A Curious Canine Conundrum]

"These days it's mostly scouting. Making sure everything is secure topside. It used to be a way of hunting too, but not so much nowadays." As Krivka speaks, the tunnel opens into a larger, more open space. It's a large cave, its ceiling high above them, sounds echoing off it and the walls. It's big enough to locate what looks like a small goblin village, built both under the cave and within its walls.

Houses seem to be built into the sheer rock face, seemingly half outside and half inside, but multiple buildings are also between the walls, stretching upwards. The village seems to have several tiers to it, linked by catwalks, stairs and bridges. Goblins appear to build upwards when they can.
[A Curious Canine Conundrum]

"Gotcha gotcha. You get many... problems? Threats? Here 'round the mountains?" Makes sense that hunting wasn't as big of a thing anymore, to her anyways. Another marvel of the Nexus to the bird is the widespread availability of seemingly any kind of food. Be it through technology or magic, farming was a lot more efficient here than it had been back home.

Once they enter the larger space, Kestrel audibly gasps in amazement, taking in the sights. This was nothing like the little village she had grown up in. Maybe it was mundane, simple and boring to the goblins that lived here, going about their daily lives, but it was entirely unique to the birdgirl.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

"Soul creation was not something my mother had a grip on, yet. Not that important, from what I've been able to observe of some of the city's inhabitants. By my understanding, your little Empyrean companion is also soulless."
It's a thoughtful tone she has with that comment though, as she observes the children's chatter about her "Name".
Perhaps she'll have to badger these little fey children about some of this commentary, later.

But first.
"G'nichi, were you aware that a particularly zealous sect of Bahamut cultists have marked you as an enemy of the temple for your connection to Tiamat?"
A finger is pointed at the little square of light in front of her, upon which nothing in particular is visible from behind.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

"Excellent job, brave squires." G'nichi tells the children with INSPIRING CONFIDENCE.
Though Syncope's question does raise a fluffy eyebrow.
"Um. No? No one should even know about that. I don't exactly advertise that. And it's not even the same Tiamat anyway."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Fox Quest]

Mister Boiler finishes his current put (a miss! curses!) and leans his golf club up against his desk before approaching Jade, reaching out with a hoof and doing his best with the gesture. Hoofbumps are the more common genial greeting among equestrians but he's dealt with enough humans and human adjacent folk to be familiar with it.

Jade's following down to business explanation earns a frown.

"That's a serious issue if there's any substance to it," he says. "Especially since our process is thoroughly quality checked. We run chemical and thaumalogical tests on all the batches to make sure adulterants don't exceed industry standards, physical or otherwise. Do you have any more specific information on the nature of this... incident? If our QA testers knew what they were looking for it would be easier to test the veracity of your claim."

Probably not a huge shock that he didn't jump straight to believing Jade.

G'nichi's Home

The yeth kids have already moved on to other things, namely chasing Annie around the room and trying to knock the fake pumpkin head off her shoulders. They are unaware or unconcerned that the house may be under threat by zealots looking to perpetrate some holy war. What have they got to worry about, anyway? They're already dead.

Also?

Saying Tiamat's name aloud causes her tentative connection through the bracelet to bleed through once again. Mostly just the impression of her indescribable grief and pain, weeping over her lost husband and suffering children. She probably wouldn't be much help here. Partly because G'Nichi isn't equipped with Imhullu at the moment and partly because calling on Tiamat's power while engaged with unhappy Bahamut cultists would likely do little to improve anyone's mood.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Fox Quest
"Believe me, I know," Jade wouldn't be here if she didn't believe there was a serious problem. "If I knew any more, I'd tell you, but my source is one of those accurate-but-unhelpful precognitives." Unless Chestnut wants to give Jade some assistance here, but it doesn't seem like she will.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

"Correct on both points, and yet..."
Syncope's gaze travels towards G'nichi's bracelet.
"One of their 'heresy purifiers' is currently approaching down the street. Less the a block away, now."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

"Blessed Gix Alright, thanks for the warning. Better run, bye." G'nichi hurries out the door. Though he takes a moment to use the Wand's powers to hide his armor and make him look like he's simply in his casual clothes. It might not look great that he's meeting his accuser armed for combat.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Fox Quest]

Chestnut would be hard pressed to do any such thing. Jade isn't at a Spooktober party. Sugar Boiler doesn't even have any Spooktober decorations in his office!

Shameful is what it is.

Anywho!

He seems to consider that.

"I see. I haven't worked much with oracle types but I understand it can be frustrating," he says, giving a long sigh. "If it's happening anywhere it would have to be the sugar processing facilities. That's the only place anypony could have access to the whole process. I suppose you would like a tour? Or would you be mollified to know that we'll increase security?"

[G'nichi's Home]

G'Nichi is definitely not being followed by the curious yeth children.

Pay not attention to those dragging chain noises.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Fox Quest
"A tour would be excellent," Jade confirms, "But if you have other business, you wouldn't have to personally attend to it." There. That should make it much less objectionable to him. He can get an underling to take care of the nosy fox lady and keep working on his golf swings.
DeBunny

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

Syncope does not follow, as she tends to stay out of G'nichi's direct conflicts anyway.
Watching him leave, from his balcony, she consults a couple more light screens.
"A small Name...wonder when that happened? 'Syncope the Traitor' doesn't have the nicest ring to it..."

Down at street level, it takes no time whatsoever for G'nichi to find who she was talking about.
The 'heresy purifier' is pretty obviously the gold dragonborn in charred-looking splint mail stalking down the street with a rather hefty axe on his back.

He looks the opposite of friendly.
Perhaps slightly murdery.

Maybe a little because of reaching for said axe the moment G'nichi steps into view.