Plots: Serious, silly, random, oh my!

For free floating plots that wish to be separated from specific locales.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Re: Plots: Serious, silly, random, oh my!

Post by Recaiden »

[The Demons' Lair]

"Don't you mean that whoever's using the radar has to learn all those things?" Sophia asks. Sure, their machines might know things, but the same shouldn't be true for Mia, should it? It's not like they want an advanced robot for this...
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

[The Demons' Lair]

"Thats something that follows afterwards." Mia says. "It is a bit hard to describe, but whoever looks on the radar can only work with what it shows. If the radar can't make out the different materials then the user won't have anything to tell. That is only the raw version. This is kind of special as normal radar have only minor differences like a plane flying through air. Here we try to find a diamond beween rocks."
DeBunny
Maliciously Tyrannical Admin

Post by DeBunny »

Keeper wrote: Oct 23, 2022 9:05 pm G'nichi's Home

G'nichi is slapped by a gauntlet!
It doesn't slow him down much but is rather annoying.
He gives the purifier a slap of his own for good measure and then begins trying to pin him. He didn't think to bring any rope so he'll have to reach for the wand and try to tie him up with Totally Real Ropes.
"So Syn, dear, purely hypothetically speaking, how broad of reach does that sword have and how could it possibly result in a (purely hypothetical) star-child bypassing the Luna Protocol to hypothetically ruin our day?"
"I want to say the actual data doesn't support that rampant a degree of reality bending capability...but it would explain how so many bearers perished with it in-hand."
"Mhm...continuing our hypothetical, going off some of our other data...how do you think your Fated Hero would fair while only holding a stick? Might be generous and give him an hour of prep time in this scenario."
"Can you intercept or redirect it?"
"...I don't think I could keep myself together in its direct presence. Redirect, probably. Distract, certainly. Briefly."
"Do what you can, I'll hurry him out of the hunting radius."

Being dazed as he is, the purifier doesn't really pose a huge amount of resistance to being subsequently bound.
Sure, he's wriggling a bit, but that's not going to be much against the Totally Real Ropes.
"The will of god...decrees your failure. The only victory your tyrant will hold is sand in her claws..."
He only drags out some of the words of his nonsense, which probably doesn't indicate a concussion of some kind.

A short distance away comes the sound of polite clapping and Syncope walking towards G'nichi with her usual tired expression. At some point her retail outfit was replaced with a lab-coat.
"Good job, you beat up a well-armed bum. I would tell you to put it out of its misery, but I know you're too kind-hearted for it. He probably won't stop trying to kill you, though, if you don't."
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

G'nichi sighs and retrieves his sword as well.
"We follow the same god you numbskull." G'nichi grumbles though he knows it's in vain.
"Hello, Syncope. I'll just have to cart him off to Intersection. You know as a paladin I can't go around the legal system and start executing people in cold blood." That would be both un-Lawful and un-Good.
"With any luck they'll throw him away for a few years."
G'nichi also picks up the axe. Free magic weapon! That moron probably didn't even maintain it properly.
DeBunny
Maliciously Tyrannical Admin

Post by DeBunny »

[G'nichi's Home]

It is an underappreciated detail of magical weapon life that they tend to need less maintenance than their more mundane counterparts.
Sure, you still have to wash off the gore and ash, but you rarely have to de-rust or sharpen them.

Either way, G'nichi now has a big (very heavy, though not to him) axe! It isn't currently on fire, but he pretty immediately gets the feeling of knowing how to change this. Just a small application of will.

"Is it considered cold blood, if he attacked you first and was probably going to burn your house down after beheading you?"
Or try to, anyway. Syncope did take very basic fire-safety precautions with the building, as it would be an incredibly stupid way to lose her Hero, among other things.
"And unfortunately, given your...heroic burden, the odds of some enemy of yours harmlessly wasting away in a prison cell seems unlikely. Very unsatisfying conclusion to an antagonist arc, usually. This one has the faintest whiff of Frustrating Evil Counterpart."

She stops a few feet away from them, staring down at the dragonborn as they (slowly) begin to regain lucidity in their eyes.
"I could do it for you, if you'd like."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

G'nichi's Home

"No." G'nichi says firmly.
"Asking you to kill him is the same as killing him. I don't do that." he shrugs and begins hauling the prisoner to the nearest Intersection station. Which even he finds a bit heavy. He'll have to toss that axe into the backyard on his way.
"Besides, plenty of the people I've spared haven't popped up again."
Like the Boofers, or that halfling who shot him. He's not really convinced Page is dead either.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Morty wrote: Oct 23, 2022 5:13 pm [A Curious Canine Conundrum]

The four little goblins scurry over to gawk at Silver and pet him. They also bombard their mother with questions.

"Yes, he's one of the reasons I was topside this morning. Kestrel helped us catch him. And he took such a shine to her, she'll get to keep him."

"That's so cool! I wish we could have a pet wolf!"

"Is a slink not good enough for you now?"

"Mooom, that's not what I meant!"

As they speak, two more figures emerge from further into the house. Another goblin woman, somewhat taller than Krivka and with a different figure. Where Krivka is a lean and wiry wolf-rider, this one seems to have once had a muscular build, but one that has since been softened by maternity. Her skin is dark brown and her eyes are bright red, crossing into orange. Her hair is cut short, but left longer on the right side of her face, almost covering her eye.

"We have a guest, I see. And she adopted adopted a wolf? I've never heard of a topsider doing that before."

"Firs time for everything. Kestrel, this is my wife, Grevike. And our darling kids, of course."

From behind Grevike's legs emerges a strange creature. Quadrupedal, the size of a large cat or small dog, but covered with shiny, smooth skin like an amphibian. It has large, bulbous eyes and a pair of mustache-like tendrils around its face. It scurries over to stare at Silver.

"And that would be Rusk, our slink. You probably haven't seen one before."
[A Curious Canine Conundrum]

"H-Hey now, don't overwhelm him..." There was a lot to take in as the kids practically swarmed Silver. Still, Silver seemed to handle it, and Kestrel couldn't help but smile at the scene. She had to admit, it was pretty cute to watch.

"Nice to meet you! Uh, sorry about showing up without warning like this, I hope I'm not causing trouble! It's just how things worked out." Kestrel was, deep-down, a little bit pleased to hear that she was indeed the first "topsider" to adopt a wolf from these goblins. It made her feel special, like, the protagonists in all those adventure books she loved to read as a kid. It was probably silly to think that way, but it was a good feeling nonetheless.

The appearance of Rusk brings a small gasp of surprise from Kestrel. She's definitely never seen a slink before. "Oh! You're right, I haven't!" She peers at the slink curiously. Silver is also staring at the slink, sniffing the air and approaching suspiciously- though Kestrel realizes it's probably not out of the same kind of curiosity she has. Silver's probably seen slinks before, if they're common for goblins. Are they? "So... what are slinks like? Are they common pets down here? And uh, can I pat yours?" The slink isn't exactly the normal kind of fuzzy animal she fawns over, but she was intrigued nonetheless.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[The Demons' Lair]
Zefir wrote: Oct 26, 2022 7:09 am"Thats something that follows afterwards." Mia says. "It is a bit hard to describe, but whoever looks on the radar can only work with what it shows. If the radar can't make out the different materials then the user won't have anything to tell. That is only the raw version. This is kind of special as normal radar have only minor differences like a plane flying through air. Here we try to find a diamond beween rocks."
"So the radar needs to be very...sensitive? To tell the difference?" Sophia offers her best guess of the ideas involved here.
"What can you do to it to let it notice the difference between stone and diamond, without seeing or touching them really?"
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Fox Quest]

Jade now smells overwhelmingly of pumpkin spice!

This will repel the ant creatures.

BUT!

It may attract tweens wearing ughs and Han Solo vests.

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the good of the Nexus.

The important part, though, is what's next? Is Jade just going to go beat up the ants? Try to drive them off? Figure out what they're doing to the sugar? If nothing else that whole vat that they're tainting with... whatever is in those barrels has got to go.

What will Jade do?
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

Fox Quest
Luckily, Jade has a plan. Well, the inklings of one.
You see, sugar is flammable. So if she can light the tainted vat on fire and then defend it until all the poisoned sugar is burned away, she can A: significantly delay the ants' plan and B: hopefully attract the attention of building security to help deal with the ants. She just needs to sneak over to the bat and get a fire going. She's not great at foxfire, but a little spark is doable.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

Silver is indeed likely to be at least somewhat familiar with slinks, enough to prevent any misunderstandings. The two goblin mothers smile as their kids pet the wolf-cub.

"Yes, they're pretty common down there. They usually live in dark, damp places. But we keep them as pets and pest control. Feel free to pet him. He's a softie."

Rusk does waddle over to Kestrel and looks at her with those big, bulbous eyes.

"Let's get inside to eat, though. I'm told you've made something Silver and Kestrel can eat, though. Wouldn't want to make our guest sick with goblin food."
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Fox Quest]

'Sneaking' is kind of an odd word to use here.

It would be like 'sneaking' while carrying a light so bright that anyone who looks at you gets flash blinded. Sure, technically they can't see you but they sure as heck know something is up. As Jade begins moving around with her pumpkin spice miasma offending the olfactory senses of the ants they begin acting like... well... a kicked ant hill. They begin scurrying everywhere in a panic trying to get at the source but unable to really get close.

And since they're having that problem?

They begin randomly lobbing bursts of acid and raw psionic power from where the sting might be on a normal ant in Jade's general direction.

She can get to the mouth of the vat but this is going to be a bit of a gauntlet.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Fox Quest
Jade's never heard of a Hand of Glory, but this is a lot like that.
Just stinkier and with more chance of a counterattack.
Jade can shield herself from the acid fine, that's what her watch's emergency projector is for. The glowing bubble of light deflects sprays of acid easily.
Psychic attacks are considerably harder to avoid. Jade dodges and weaves where she can, trying to keep away from the psychic attacks.
Until abruptly, she doesn't. She rushes one of the ants and pounces, attempting to take advantage of its olfactory blindness from her strong scent to vault over it and get outside the volley, where she can proceed much more rapidly to the target vat.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Recaiden wrote: Oct 27, 2022 2:58 pm [The Demons' Lair]

"So the radar needs to be very...sensitive? To tell the difference?" Sophia offers her best guess of the ideas involved here.
"What can you do to it to let it notice the difference between stone and diamond, without seeing or touching them really?"
[The Demons' Lair]

"You could say that. I think a good example is this. Imagine a picture with different color. You can see them but you don t know what to call them. You need to learn the names so when you talk about it others understand it." Mia says. Her example might not be the best but hopefilly it is enougth.

"For starts we teach what we know and are able to tell. Holding a rock in front of it and telling him everthing simular is also a rock. Thats the time consuming part."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Arkhosia wrote: Oct 26, 2022 3:27 am
► SHOW SPOILER
[Feline Family Friction]

"Eclipse", huh? They didn't sound quite as hardened as the rest of the group, whoever they are. Could be a weak link - maybe a new member? Not that it matters much right now as she rolls into a crouch, pistol in one hand and rifle stock in the other.

"Agh!" Blanche jerks to the right and grits her teeth as she springs to her feet, two rounds catching her in the side and striking cerise plating with a twhip-thwink. That's going to bruise. "Stay the fuck down!" she shouts, firing another three shots and running towards the desk. Weapon empty, she holsters her pistol, plants a hand and vaults over, swinging her rifle to strike the man across the head in a disabling blow.
[Feline Family Friction]

The gunman had thought he had brought himself a little time to recover when he heard his shots connect with Blanche. Things were bad, sure, but now they were both hit. And he had backup. Which is why he was surprised when more bullets whizzed over his head. Blanche would hear cursing from behind the desk even as she moved to leap over it. He tries to bring his gun to bear but he's too late, and her rifle connects with his face. He collapsed like a bag of bricks, fingers squeezing the trigger of his weapon and sending an uncontrolled spray of bullets thunking into the walls and shattering the windows with a loud crash- till at last his weapon fell from his grasp as his unconscious form crumples.

There's no moment of peace, no time to breath easy and rest. Hurried footsteps approached from the room back where she had came from, and a moment later, the blistering sound of gunfire pierced the air once more. From beyond the door, perched behind an upturned desk, was one of the gunmen from before. Where was the other, though?
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Morty wrote: Oct 27, 2022 10:11 pm [A Curious Canine Conundrum]

Silver is indeed likely to be at least somewhat familiar with slinks, enough to prevent any misunderstandings. The two goblin mothers smile as their kids pet the wolf-cub.

"Yes, they're pretty common down there. They usually live in dark, damp places. But we keep them as pets and pest control. Feel free to pet him. He's a softie."

Rusk does waddle over to Kestrel and looks at her with those big, bulbous eyes.

"Let's get inside to eat, though. I'm told you've made something Silver and Kestrel can eat, though. Wouldn't want to make our guest sick with goblin food."

"So like, cave cats in a way?" Common pets who act as pest control. Just... weirder. Well, to her at least. Hairless, also. No wait, hang on, she'd recently found out hairless cats were a thing. Wait, where was she going with this?

She leans down to gently pat Rusk, not sure what to expect to feel. "Yeah, right, sure!" Kestrel moves to step inside, doing her best to beckon Silver further indoors too. He might be a bit boxed in by goblin children though. "I keep hearing you say things like that. Just what is it about goblin food that'd be so bad for people like me?" She was legitimately curious. Did they eat like, actual poisonous fungi? Or was it technically perfectly safe but just something she'd personally find gross?
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: She/Her/Binch

Post by Arkhosia »

Meowmai wrote: Oct 30, 2022 6:41 am [Feline Family Friction]

The gunman had thought he had brought himself a little time to recover when he heard his shots connect with Blanche. Things were bad, sure, but now they were both hit. And he had backup. Which is why he was surprised when more bullets whizzed over his head. Blanche would hear cursing from behind the desk even as she moved to leap over it. He tries to bring his gun to bear but he's too late, and her rifle connects with his face. He collapsed like a bag of bricks, fingers squeezing the trigger of his weapon and sending an uncontrolled spray of bullets thunking into the walls and shattering the windows with a loud crash- till at last his weapon fell from his grasp as his unconscious form crumples.

There's no moment of peace, no time to breath easy and rest. Hurried footsteps approached from the room back where she had came from, and a moment later, the blistering sound of gunfire pierced the air once more. From beyond the door, perched behind an upturned desk, was one of the gunmen from before. Where was the other, though?
[Feline Family Friction]

Blanche throws herself to the side as gunfire streaks through drywall and glass with another curse, readying her rifle to bludgeon the man again - and lets out a tense breath when the motion ceases. Alright. Two down, two to go. A hand moves to draw and reload her pistol before her ears flicker. Shit, no time for that.

Rounds tear through the air and Blanche drops her rifle and brings her head down, diving on top of the unconscious gunman and wresting the SMG from his hands. Grabbing a spare magazine for good measure, she rolls to the far wall and inches her way to the door frame. She steals a peek round the corner, grits her teeth, then swings the SMG round and pulls the trigger, raking the room with a snapshot burst of blistering steel. If it doesn't hit them, it'll at least keep their head down.

Jolting back into cover and straining to hear any chatter on the stolen earpiece, she scans the room for other entrances and routes. "Fuck," she mutters, "Where's number two?" Were they looping around to flank her? Lying in wait for her to make a break for it? Or did she get a lucky shot and drop them in the main hallway? Either way, she couldn't let herself get pinned down. She needed to move.
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Recaiden
Old Fart Poster

Post by Recaiden »

[The Demons' Lair]
Zefir wrote: Oct 29, 2022 10:25 pm "You could say that. I think a good example is this. Imagine a picture with different color. You can see them but you don t know what to call them. You need to learn the names so when you talk about it others understand it." Mia says. Her example might not be the best but hopefilly it is enougth.

"For starts we teach what we know and are able to tell. Holding a rock in front of it and telling him everthing simular is also a rock. Thats the time consuming part."
"That first part makes sense, but...I think you're getting ahead of me. This is a machine that just outputs electrical signals, correct? How is it supposed to learn what we tell it?"
Of course to Mia machines are nearly alive, but that isn't the same as being actually alive.
~Inner Circle~
Character Directory
Morty

Post by Morty »

"A bit like cats, yes." Rusk's skin is slightly cold to the touch and oddly damn. He makes a pleased hissing sound. Definitely an odd critter, that one.

"I saw a kitty once. It was nice and fluffy. A human brought it from topside," one of the kids pipes up.

"We might be a bit overcautious," Krivka admits as the family goes back inside. "It's just that we're used to eating many things that surface folk would find hard to stomach. All sorts of mushrooms, moss and the like."

The inside of the house might be a bit smaller than what Kes is used to, but not as cramped as she might fear. A short tunnel leads to the living room, where a low table occupies a centre space. A number of stools and cushions are arranged around it - apparently goblins eat while kneeling of half-sitting. The inside is gloomy; one bowl of this strange glowing substance illuminates it. Goblins live in what is a state of dim twilight for other species.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Feline Family Friction]

Blanche's shots rip through the air, tearing into the walls and windows of the office sending a spray of broken glass with it. From behind his cover her target curses loudly. Did she hit him? It seems unlikely. He sounded more alarmed than hurt. Blissfully though, no return fire came her way. Perhaps the gunman was reloading, or perhaps he had simply been cowed by her assault.

Her scan would reveal no sign of the missing attacker. It would, however, reveal a door behind her- unfortunately in line of sight of the doorway her and her opponent had just been shooting through- and a window to the side. The window seemed to lead into an adjacent office room, with a big central table. A possible escape route, but also a potential firing line.

Thankfully, her questions about her enemies activities would be partially answered as the earpiece crackled once more. Heavy breathing was accompanied by, "Think she got Dyspro, shit! How the fuck did she know where he was?"

"Fuck knows, just hurry up and finish reloading," a second voice hissed.

"Almost done. I'll keep her there, you stay low till you've got a good angle."

Seems like they were trying to flank her once more.

Petting Rusk is a rather strange feeling to the bird-kin, but he seems to enjoy it, and that's enough to make her smile. She definitely preferred fussing over animals who were warm, dry and had soft fur though. Still, different strokes for different folks.

"Oh, did you get to pat it?" Kestrel asks the child, as she follows the family into the home. "I like wild mushrooms a lot! Can't say I've ever wanted to eat moss though, sooooo, you might not be entirely wrong there." She looked around the goblin home with some curiosity and she moved through it. It's certainly a bit too dim compared to what she was used to for her to truly call it cozy, and she's clearly a bit unused to the low table, but it otherwise seemed fine enough. She had been expecting to have to slouch to fit in a goblin home, so not needing to was a nice little bonus.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

► SHOW SPOILER
[Feline Family Friction]

"Till he's got a good angle," huh? Blanche furrows her brow. Well, that definitely confirmed her suspicions. But where from? She eyes the large window to her right. It seemed like a probable candidate. She could try and take them by surprise, burst through the window - but there's no way she's just going to run through a panel of glass without at least weakening it first, and that'll give them plenty of time to act.

"Y'know, your buddy in here's gonna bleed out real soon if you don't give me room to patch him up," she shouts back through the door, discarding an empty clip and slotting in a new case. She watches the window through the SMG's sights, ready to fire at the first sign of movement. "You and your partner don't back off, I might even let it happen."
"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
SliiArhem wrote:Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.
Morty

Post by Morty »

Kes will be surrounded by more excited chatter of tiny goblins as she sits down for dinner with the family. The meal today, as expected, are mountain goat shish-kebabs. They're quite spicy, as goblins seem to like their food this way, and served with a variety of mushrooms and herbs. Some of the mushrooms will be identified as safe for topsiders to eat.

The young goblins have a lot of questions about the surface and Kes' adventures. They're also eager to answer any questions about the goblins' underground society, but of course the answers will be somewhat chaotic. Silver will receive his share of the goat meat as well, without spices.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Feline Family Friction]

After her threat, there's a pause. In the silence, if her ears are sharp, Blanche can probably just about hear the known opponent finishing his reload.

Then, the familiar crackle of the earpiece. "... Is she being serious? Is Dyspro still alive?" A voice whispers.

"Does it matter? Just take her out and we can deal with it later."

"The fuck's wrong with you?"

"You're doing this now?"

"Yes I'm doing this now- the fuck you even mean?" The concerned voice is louder now, angry, and Blanche can tell- it's coming from the other side of the large window, somewhere out of sight.

"Oh fuck this!"

Movement- the one through the door, behind the desk. They were standing, gun aimed at Blanche's position, and the blistering sound of gunfire filled the air once more.

The food is definitely a little strange to Kestrel- and definitely still too spicy. She powers through it however! Although she's very clearly sweating by the end of it. Her family never had much money for spices, so she hadn't had much opportunity to build up tolerances.

The many kids are quite a handful to entertain too, but Kestrel seems to get along well with them. She does her best to regale them with tales of adventure, embellishing a fair amount- in reality her career nearly wasn't as exciting as she made it sound. But it was still clearly something that she loved. Once his meal is done, Silver will try to nosy up to the table in hope of nabbing some food scraps, and Kestrel has to scold him- but her heart isn't really in it. If it wasn't for the fact that she wasn't sure if Goblin spices were bad for him she'd probably be sneaking him some extra food.
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Feline Family Friction]

Blanche's ears flicker, listening for the telltale sounds around her. The click of the magazine being slotted back in, the charging handle pulling back in a rhythmic ch-chik. And then... there. She was right - they were flanking from that angle. And with the mounting tension between the two....

The moment the first man shouts "fuck this", Blanche bursts from cover and through the door in a low sprint, hoping the chaos of the argument will slow the second shooter down in time to let her get away. Metal flies through the space her head would've been a moment prior and she grunts in pain as a bullet grazes her left shoulder, raising the SMG and rattling off her own burst of fire straight for his chest that should surely down him.

"Go take care of your friend," Blanche barks out, closing the distance to kneel down and disarm the man if he's still breathing. "Keep pressure on the wound, he's probably lost a lot of blood." She watches the doorway behind her, keeping a hand on the gun in case either try to strike again but not raising it just yet.
~Welcome to Night Vale
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Feline Family Friction]

After the burst of violence there was an awkward pause as silence fell once more. Her shots had found their mark- more than one of them. As she checked for a pulse, she'd feel one, but barely. Unless Blanche could pull a hell of an emergency surgery, and help arrived quickly, he might as well be dead.

The remaining man stepped out- slowly, carefully, gun still in his hands but not quite aimed at Blanche. There's a dangerous moment where he pauses, the tension in the air palpable, fingers twitching. But then he grimaces, and moves do to as the medic says. Even as he leans down to do as she commanded, pressing against his unconscious friend's injuries, he kept his gun within reach. As assurance, in case Blanche has a change of heart.

"There... wasn't supposed to be any fighting on this job. We were just meant to be security..." He finally speaks to Blanche directly. Is he defending himself, trying to justify the events that played out? Is he justifying it to herself, or her?

Another crackle over the radio. "Come in. Anybody, come in!" A pause. "For fucks sake. Snikt, get the fuck out of there. April? You better be damn ready. And you," Unseen by Blanche, Zarra's wrathful gaze turned to Elizabeth, who withered beneath it. "You get me my data now, or VIGIL will be the least of your worries."

Elizabeth swallowed anxiously. "I almost have access, just... give me a few minutes."

Zarra didn't respond verbally. Instead, she merely began to stretch, and sigh. "Mercs. Why did I bother. Want a job done, you do it yourself."
Arkhosia
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Arkhosia »

[Feline Family Friction]

"Shit," Blanche curses, leaning up from the downed man - then pauses, eyeing the other figure for a long, tense moment until he breaks the staredown. Letting out a breath, she gets to her feet and approaches cautiously. The SMG is left where it lay, and her pistol in the holster - still empty, though the merc doesn't know that.

"You still brought the guns and grenades," She answers cooly, swiveling a satchel around and digging into it. She withdraws a bottle of cherry-red fluid and pours the liquid down his throat, briefly holding the mouth and nose shut to make him swallow. "That should help mend some of the internal damage, wrap this around the wound. Maintain pressure for as long as you can. I still have to deal with your employers, but I'll make sure someone gets here to keep Dyspro alive."

Handing the man a roll of gauze and typing away on her communicator to schedule an ambulance, Blanche's ears flicker. She hits send, steps away to sling her discarded rifle over the shoulder and raises a hand to the stolen earpiece. "Tired of sending men to die for you?"
~Welcome to Night Vale
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Temple Sunken in Time]

The helicopter brings Dorota and Ambrosia into a flat, wet countryside along a wide river, slowly winding its way through the countryside.

Their destination is a place most people would probably rather avoid. Placed between two arms of a bend in the river is a depression in the terrain, forming a gulch. It appears that a stream ran off from the river there once, but no longer. And straddling the gulch is a ruined form of what must have once been an impressive building. It appears to have been formed of three tiers, all of which are still standing - but collapsed in places.

Callie will have found her way here without a lot of issues and may have arrived before the other two explorers.
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

[Feline Family Friction]

The man has no response to Blanche's cutting words. She had clearly made her point. He carries out her orders with a worried expression on his face, doing his best to dress the wound and keep the pressure on. Whether he would still be here or not when the authorities showed up was still a mystery, but for now at least he seemed determined to keep his friend alive.

There's a pause before Zarra speaks again. "Ah, you have our comms. That explains a few things now, doesn't it? I should have guessed." Her voice was less angry, almost sweeter in a mocking tone. "Tired? No, no, I wouldn't say that. Bored, more like. Irritated. They weren't my idea. Ah, well, what's done is done. I'll see you soon~"

"Aww, Zarra, how come you get all the fun, but pout at me when I do the same?"

"Shut up, April."

Elizabeth had gone pale. Every gunshot she overheard had caused her to wince, but now she had confirmation. People had died. She was working with killers. It wasn't supposed to have gone this way! But Zarra was right there. She couldn't just back out, not with her around. And- shit, what if all this lead her to being caught herself? She'd be tied to all of it, an accomplice. Which... she was, but no, no, she couldn't think about that. She had to get the data, and erase the evidence. Then, when she's safe, she could figure out something. Despite her shaky rationalizations, she still felt sick to her stomach.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

As soon as the rotors of the helicopter stops spinning Ambrosia produces a comb from somewhere and starts to get her hair back in line. Hair care was essential, especially when you had so much of it.
She wouldn't have let the wind mess up her hair but that flying machine was another matter.
If there's a nearby appropriate rock or other chair substitute the scholar will take a seat on it as she gently combs through her black tresses. "So what's the plan now? Do we set up a base camp or do we simply enter?" She asks as she shoots Dorota a glance.
Morty

Post by Morty »

"We do need to set up a base camp." Dorota is regarding the temple with a thoughtful expression. "We'll need it to conduct proper research. But if we need to stay here overnight, it might be better to go to the town nearby. It's a halfling town, so a bit undersized for us, but we should manage."