Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inside

Post by Earl of Purple »

Market Street

Jason's plan seems to have worked, as Boada frowns at him, blows a raspberry and throws a handful of 'faery dust' in his face. She'll then turn and shrink rapidly down to her smaller form, fifteen centimetres tall, jump into the air as her wings rapidly beat and darts away.

The 'faery dust' is just glitter, but given her wings and the raid change in size, she's relying on Jason assuming it's potentially dangerous to distract him.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inside

Post by Morty »

[The Widening Gyre]

At least skeletons are relatively straightforward to deal with. Especially because, as usual, a number of vigilantes rush in to help. They're probably more adept at bashing things than the detective is. He goes for his guns and aims at the knees of one of the running skeletons, trying to stop it in its tracks. But he doesn't focus on them for too long, instead concentrating on the other three, trying to disrupt whatever power they're gathering. If it blows up in their face, that's a bonus.
User avatar
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1322
Joined: Feb 27, 2023 7:23 am
Location: Somewhere cold
Pronouns: Any

Re: Inside

Post by quillpleasant »

The Widening Gyre

Well, at least it's not ghosts. Zombies and skeletons are physical threats, and that Harley can handle. But between this and the Ossuary trip, he's really starting to hate undead now.

"Hitting things really hard is generally a good fallback," he nods, although he has his doubts. Specifically, he doubts whether him or his friends can actually hit it as hard as is needed to have a real effect. Well, it's worth a shot.

Glancing over at the nearest egg, he notices the man who seems to be emitting an antimagic field. Well, that could be useful- maybe working together would be beneficial. He's about to wave when the iron zombies come down from lightning bolts. Well that's not good. Harley braces himself as three of them charge, dodging back and striking out with his knife.

Unfortunately, he's not quite fast enough, and one of the slaps lands a glancing blow on his shoulder. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but a glancing blow from one of these things still hits like a truck. Harley is sent sprawling on the ground by the force of the attack, dropping his knife. He curses, quickly getting back up, and kicks out in an attempt to trip one of the skeletons.

"Go poke the egg! I'll keep these guys busy!" he calls to Raheeda.
horses can attack and eat me
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[The Widening Gyre]

A lizard lad!

The lizard duo gets to work, the older one bringing his axe down HARD on one of the lighting spirits. The blade clips right through its immaterial 'flesh' and tears its bones free, scattering them across the ground. In spite of how intimidating these things look they don't appear to be very durable. It's like the bones are held together with nothing but wind and tentative electromagnatism. Which... is probably more or less true.

The lad is able to climb up on the balcony without too much trouble. It'll give him a slightly better view of the mess of lightning snakes slithering their way down the chain. Thankfully they aren't moving that quickly because the last thing our heroes need are more problems right this moment.

Harley, meanwhile, tries to knife a skeleton! It turns out this doesn't work quite as well as he hoped and he gets laid out. But then he sweeps the leg instead! The skeleton goes down, crashing into the street head-first and bouncing its skull right off its shoulders! The rest of the skeleton just sort of... comes apart as a result of that. Unfortunately there's one more skeleton that looms over Harley, getting ready to whollop him while he's on the ground-
-only to get blinded by a shadow beam fired from Khannie's horn. As with the egg, the unicorn's darkness interacts strangely with the raw magical power that suffuses the skeleton, melting the magic into more liquid shadow that just sort of... becomes regular shadow after pooling on the ground. With its flesh gone and nothing to hold it together the third skeleton falls apart.

"I'll try to cover you guys!" Khannie calls out to Harley. "These jerks are allergic to my magic but those egg things are shielded."

Michelson, meanwhile, employs the power of GUN! The gun is of course quite loud but then again the anchor is pretty loud so who's going to notice? Shooting one of the running skeletons legs it making it quite a bit easier for Harley to sweep. Then it's time to disrupt some sorcery! Directing his power at the ball lightning causes it to fizzle and die. The three chaneling skeletons take umbrage to this and begin hurling metal shards crackling with lightning magic and him in retaliation. He should be well protected from the magic but getting beaned with a pointy metal baseball still isn't any fun.

And Raheeda? Raheeda does what she does best.

She pokes something with her spear.

There's a bit of resistance when she jabs at the egg, but it's pretty clear the barrier around it is meant to repel mystical attacks.

NOT bits of metal on the end of sticks.

The spear pokes into the egg and the thing breaks like... well... a regular egg. Just cracks open but instead of egg goop out comes rushing wind and crackling lightning. That's two eggs down! Three to go.

Once more a trumpet blast sounds from on high as another salvo of lightning blasts its way down from the portal high above. EIGHT more skeletons and a pair of guys that look like they're made almost completely out of steel snakes slithering all over each other to make a roughly human shape. Troubling!
Last edited by Rebonack on Nov 06, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Philip Memorial Library]

Ah?

That's it?

What a weird kid.

Khannie shrugs and returns to her search, putting the book on elementals back on the shelf and continuing through the weird library. This place is so HUGE and so weirdly organized Khannie's got no idea how you're supposed to actually find anything save for randomly stumbling on it.

"Unicorns? Why the heck would a place like this have books on unicorns?"
Khannie wonders aloud as she finds a shelf on exactly that subject. She opens up one of the books and finds an image of a roughly equineoid mound of flesh spawning tiny horses and horn-shaped snails. "...oh."

She quickly puts that book back.
User avatar
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2620
Joined: Aug 02, 2022 6:29 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Inside

Post by Shadowcaller »

[The Widening Gyre]

Raheeda's eyes widens as she watches the egg crack as her spear connects to it, oh no!
She hadn't intended to destroy it!
Eggs were babies and even if they were evil-

But that's when she finally spots the skellington standing with its sword raised over Harley, realizing just now that he had mentioned them earlier. She had just been so distracted by the eggs and the lighting that what he said hadn't really registered.
Of course a split second later Khannie ends up blasting the skeleton with, uh, black magic.

The yuan-ti let's out a sigh of relief and gives Khannie the thumbs up.
But as she's about to to turn her attention back to the eggs her ears are assaulted and she covers her ears. Her attention drawn upwards as lighting blasts come down on them. She narrowly avoids one of them by making a short leap backwards, left wondering if the eggs were lighting babies or something.

But then they were there. More skellingtons and... a pair of great ones? She had only heard about those that were made up of snakes rather being snakes, but they were supposedly fearsome.
Not sure what to do she waves at them as an attempt to get their attention. "[Iass-a lann iassah]" She calls out in akharic or hiss-tongue as humans called it.

Translation
► SHOW SPOILER
Image
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Hraithre »

Morty wrote: Nov 04, 2023 10:14 pm [Day of the Duel]

"Aye. It would end poorly." He doesn't add that it would likely end poorly for him, not Hoshiki. "And no, we can't. But carryin' him will be difficult with my leg. What do you plan on doin' with him? He deserves a proper send-off. In... whatever way you people do it."
"His spirit has already been sent off", the swordsman replies solemnly, "but it is customary to do something about the body. We can make a grave in my garden."

As for the detective's leg, the swordsman can't argue with that. He kneels besides the fallen Reaper and then hoists his body on his shoulder using only one arm, as if the body was light as a feather. "I'll come back for the horse", Hoshiki notes and begins walking along the trail of destruction left behind by the fungal shamblers when they burst from his toolshed.

The swordsman lowers the body near where the shed used to stand. "There ought to be a shovel there somewhere", he says to the detective, beckoning at the rubble, "if you can't find it, you may pile rocks on him. Or whatever else you find fitting." He stabs the silver sword in the ground next to the body, leaving it standing there as he returns to the street.
User avatar
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 804
Joined: Feb 07, 2023 4:56 am

Re: Inside

Post by [brackets lover] »

quillpleasant wrote: Nov 05, 2023 4:19 am
► SHOW SPOILER
[A Real Arcade]

"Oh yeah," Asami says challengingly, pointing a finger towards Darko in an aggressive gesture, "And just why shouldn't I have to deal with your issues? You don't think I can handle them, huh?" She pouted a little, completely unaffected by what had just happened.
Rebonack wrote: Nov 06, 2023 3:35 pm
► SHOW SPOILER
► SHOW SPOILER
[Philip Memorial Library]

Moving and deeper into the library, Asami exhibits more nervous posture. Chiefly, she holds one arm straight down and wraps her other hand around the elbow. Her posture gradually begins to slacken even further, likely enough to cause a bone afflication later in life if she makes a habit out of it.

Asami finally decides her discomfort is too much to continue and bemoans, "Senpaiiiiiiii... are we there yet?"

[The Widening Gyre]

The booming sound of the lightning shook Asami, cutting her approach short and leaving her just a ways behind the rest of the vigilantes, standing out in the open. Instantly, she covered her ears and winced. She peeks over towards the scene of the battle, only to be further perturbed by other loud noises. The firing of bullets and other such projectiles earned a small flinch from Asami, though her reaction as the lightning struck was far more severe. Instinctively, she keeps her ears covered and faces the ground, curling her back and bending her knees. She constantly keeps whining some sort of "ngh" sound with her mouth closed. Additionally, her light begins to shine on a level nearing that of a warm summer day.
User avatar
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1322
Joined: Feb 27, 2023 7:23 am
Location: Somewhere cold
Pronouns: Any

Re: Inside

Post by quillpleasant »

The Widening Gyre

Harley grins in triumph as the skeleton's head falls off. Talk about a glass cannon! But as he straightens up, he's not fast enough to react to the other skeleton swiping at him-

And then it gets blasted by Khannie, dissolving its connective tissue into nothing. Having friends is great! He gives a salute of thanks before snatching his knife from where it had fallen and turning to assess the next development as the trumpet sounds again.

As fragile as these skeletons are, eight is a little much to take on. Harley could try to pile drive them, but a few more of those thunderslaps and he'll be out of commission, not to mention the giant snake guys. Who knows what they could be capable of. Still, he's not exactly going to back down now. And Raheeda seems to have her own plan, although he's doubtful that these beings will be open to diplomacy.

But something has caught his eye, a glow from further down the street. Is that a child? Well, this isn't exactly a safe place for children, and she seems to be in distress. Very much not good. Harley glances between the approaching enemies and Asami, then grits his teeth and sprints back towards her.

"Hey, this place isn't safe, you gotta get out of here!" he calls out, skidding to a stop next to her. "Are you okay to run?" Clearly she's in some kind of distress, which is understandable. Giant sky portals are scary.



A Real Arcade

Darko gives his now familiar look of confusion. "No, I mean, yes of course you can handle them! You just shouldn't have to."

He runs his fingers through his hair, sighing. "I'm the one who can't handle my own problems. It just seems like no matter how hard I try to suppress the magic, it's not enough." And the longer he avoids it, the more malicious it seems to become.

"But we don't need to worry about that right now! Maybe I'll just watch you play games for now?" At this rate, the next creature he accidentally summons will actually try to maul them or something.
horses can attack and eat me
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2667
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Market Street
Jason raises his hands to his face to wipe the glitter off but doesn't really panic.
It's still enough distraction for Boada to flee, but he wasn't planning on chasing her down if she did. He has what he came for already.

Widening Gyre
<Dad! More monsters coming down the chain!> the lizard lad shouts in their peculiar native tongue. Ignoring the new skeletons (the other adventurers seem to have them well in hand), the paladin responds to this information by leaping up onto the chain and, gripping his weapon in his teeth, begins to climb to face the incoming enemies head-on.

Meanwhile, his son nocks an arrow tipped with a small vial of holy water to his bow and lets fly at one of the skeletons.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inside

Post by Morty »

[Day of the Duel]

Luckily enough, Michalson does manage to dig a shovel out of the rubble. Even if it has certainly seen better days.

[The Widening Gyre]

Physical projectiles are indeed something Michalson has a far harder time against so he goes for cover as quickly as his leg allows.
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[The Widening Gyre]

The lizard people get to work, an arrow whizzing into the eye socket of one of the skeletons and takes it clean off. The splash of holy water on impact splatters a few of the nearby skeletons, causing their ethereal flesh to wither where it contacts. As for Kothar, he's now climbing the chain! The chain is really big. Definitely climbable. The monsters climbing down it are pretty afar off, though.

Michaelson takes some cover behind a nearby parked car, which does a pretty great job of blocking the spiky balls those skeletons keep throwing. From there he'll have a pretty good view of-

Raheeda approaches one of the snake conglomeration monsters! And then she makes a request of it in snake-person talk. It is not, unfortunately, the entity she thinks it is. Just one that happens to bear some resemblance. For example, it doesn't have a BIG snake for a head! It turns out this is a very important distinction and it just respond with a hissing sound akin to crackling electricity and howling wind. Then a whole bunch of the snakes open their mouths at her and there's a horrible SUCKING sound as they attempt to draw the breath straight out of her lungs. This is a bad thing but maybe her mask might offer some protection.

It looks like Harley is trying to help Asami, who is having a bad time thanks to all the LOUD NOISES. Having a weakness to loud sounds really sucks when you're fighting a primordial manifestation of thunderstorms or whatever this terrible thing is.

As for Khannie, she suddenly lowers her head and goes charging straight toward the newly manifested mob of skeletons! This probably isn't a well advised course of action! The skeletons immediately close around the unicorn and slap the heck out of her, whereupon she explodes in a concussive blast of darkness that sends them sprawling, liquid shadow eating away at their ethereal flesh. ACTUAL Khannie appears OVER THERE, taking up position to get a good line of sight on none other than-

-the seven channeling skeletons ramping up their ball lightning ritual again. Thanks to the fact there are seven of the jerks rather than three the orb of electricity is growing much faster this time.
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Philip Memorial Library]

Wow.

Asami's skill in being grating is top notch. Khannie is half tempted to introduce her to Braon just to see if they manage to implode into a black hole of antipathy.

"No? This dumb library is ginormous and nothing is organized in any way that makes sense. We've just gotta get lucky and happen to stumble into the right shelf," Khannie retorts. "Why? Is something wrong? Or are you just bored of aimlessly wandering around in here?"

She bites her tongue before she says something like 'you know you can leave whenever you want'.

Why?

Because while Khannie grew up learning to pull her physical punches because of how easy it would be to hurt someone by mistake she hasn't ever been great at pulling her emotional punches. It's a flaw she's been trying to get better about.
User avatar
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2620
Joined: Aug 02, 2022 6:29 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Inside

Post by Shadowcaller »

[The Widening Gyre]

Not all great ones had snakes for heads. Some had quite human heads. It was just that the rest of them were, well, inhuman. That or they disguised themselves as human.

However, Raheeda hadn't been fully expecting this creature to be one. Since even if it was the chances of them listening to an undesirable was pretty low. So she was ready for it attacking her.
"Eissh-a sei-a!"

Translation
► SHOW SPOILER
Then she throws her spear at the sucking creatures mouth since it wanted to have something in it so much.
Hopefully that would put a stop to that so she could run back to Harley and Khannie. Though she wasn't really sure where the latter were now.
Image
User avatar
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 804
Joined: Feb 07, 2023 4:56 am

Re: Inside

Post by [brackets lover] »

[A Real Arcade]

Asami closes her eyes contemplatively as she tilts her head down, smiling broadly. "Ah, you baka..."

As instructed, she goes over to play some games. But before starting up, she turns back to Darko. "Hold on, if we don't need to worry about that now, what that really means is that we need to worry about that when its not now. Next time we meet for lunch, perchance?" There was a bit of subtle emphasis on that last word, as if it was said solely for the sake of its usage being noticed.

And then Asami played games.

[Philip Memorial Library]

"Well," Asami says nervously, look scolded, "My knees kind of... ache? I've never walked this much before. And, um, talky-stuff is kinda hard for me too." Her knees shake a bit.

The Widening Gyre]

There seems to be a moment of relative calm, allowing Asami to hyperventilate a moment before slowing her pace, the glow dimming in tune with her energy. As Harley speaks, she looks to him and remains unstirred by his concern. She bluntly replies, "I tend to run into things when I run." She looks worriedly up at the sky, reattaching her staff to the unexplained thing she uses to carry it on her back like in video games. She didn't give any of the monsters a second glance as she nervously holds her hands to her ears and unconfidently addresses Harley, "The lightning is too loud."
User avatar
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1322
Joined: Feb 27, 2023 7:23 am
Location: Somewhere cold
Pronouns: Any

Re: Inside

Post by quillpleasant »

The Widening Gyre

Harley tilts his head at Asami's odd reply. "O...kay, let's put that a different way. Are you capable of walking away from here? This place isn't safe right now." He doesn't add for a kid because frankly it's not safe for anyone at the moment. It's certainly not safe for an innocent bunnyman like him.

But her complaint of noise does get a sympathetic nod. "I have the same problem- my mask amplifies sound." He taps the metallic rabbit mask to demonstrate, making a faint ringing noise. "Not a good feeling. These might help."

Rummaging through his coat pocket, Harley retrieves a small bag containing disposable rubber earplugs. "Got these for when I... oh, it doesn't matter. Try them out, then get somewhere safer, 'kay?" Harley is already itching to get back- it feels wrong to be standing around while Raheeda is fighting, but what kind of a hero would be be if he just abandoned a distressed child?



A Real Arcade

Asami sure has a strange habit of calling him things that aren't Darko. Well, protesting has gotten him nowhere in the past, so the boy chooses to ignore it.

"You shouldn't have to worry about it at all!" He sighs defeatedly. "But I think it kind of comes with the territory of being my friend, so yeah. Next time, perchance." It's a good word, and he's definitely going to start using it more.

Darko is more than happy to watch Asami play games and cheer her on, especially now that his magic has decided to stop bothering him. For now.
horses can attack and eat me
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Philip Memorial Library]

Talking is hard. Walking is hard. Reading is hard.

Existing is hard.

"You get better at stuff by doing it more," Khannie surmises as she rounds another corner and-!

AH HAH!

Books on empyreans! Score!

"Oh cool this is what we were looking for. What kinda stuff did you want to know about these empyrean guys first?" Khannie asks as she pulls a book off the shelf on... taxonomy? Sort of? It's really confusing.
User avatar
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 804
Joined: Feb 07, 2023 4:56 am

Re: Inside

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Philip Memorial Library]

Khannie's comments go unresponded to by Asami, who frowns as she starts panting and places her hands on her shoulders. Her head was spinning in a daze and her feet stumbled in tune before she finally falls to her side, keeping her arms tucked in to her body so as to not fall on her hands and damage them.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Hraithre »

[Day of the Duel]

Michalson has some time to start digging before Hoshiki returns, carrying the metal horse on his shoulders. The swordsman lowers the inanimate husk next to the hole the detective may be digging. Now that no spirit is present to give it life, it is more apparent that no mechanism nor engine exists that could make the beast move, even if its pieces join together logically.

"Do you want to say something?", the swordsman asks.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inside

Post by Morty »

[Day of the Duel]

"I'm as far away from bein' a priest as you can get." Michalson says, leaning on his shovel. "He was enigmatic like a Sensate bein' asked to give a straight answer and a right knight of the post by the sounds of it. But he took a blade to the chest for me, so that made him my comrade. For the brief moment before he died. He's not the first person I bury after they did that."

[The Widening Gyre]

Those deaders just won't quit, will they. This spear-wielding person seems to be handling themselves against... whatever that is, so Michalson decides to focus on the spell. He concentrates on it again, trying to suppress it, but with more skeletons channeling it, he can no longer overpower them. He does hope to disrupt it long enough to lob a small grenade in their direction, which will explore in a cloud of metal shavings. Seemingly harmless, but the shavings are of a magically-resistant metal, a memento of his revolutionary days.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Hraithre »

[Day of the Duel]

"He did that knowing a blade to the chest would not kill him", Hoshiki states, "though I suppose it did not make a difference for him. As said, he didn't come here expecting to survive. He didn't trade his life for yours. He just kept you from dying for nothing. Sets you apart from that mushroom girl. What do you think that is?"
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inside

Post by Morty »

[Day of the Duel]

"The intricacies of who you people are and what you do escape me," Michalson declares bluntly. "I've been learnin' it as I go. And I don't know... dumb luck? I was lucky, she wasn't."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Hraithre »

[Day of the Duel]

"Luck? Why would luck have anythong to do with it?", the swordsman wonders, "neither of you stood on my way by chance. You chose to. The difference is that the girl had chosen to walk a path of self-destruction before ever setting a foot before me. But what about you?"
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inside

Post by Morty »

[Day of the Duel]

Michalson looks at Hoshiki through narrowed eyes for a time. What is he asking? The detective thought the question was why he survived and Lia didn't.

"I came 'ere to help Bunny. Think I said that before. She needs someone and I'm the only one 'round. And I'm bad at staying out of rides I ought to avoid."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 585
Joined: Aug 03, 2022 5:37 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Hraithre »

[Day of the Duel]

The swordsman is asking why the detective survived. He's just skeptical of the answer given. "Wouldn't have been of much help, dead", Hoshiki remarks, "I suggest you go now. I have things to do and nothing will be achieved by you lingering here."
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2667
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Widening Gyre
Kothar continues climbing. He's determined to stop whatever is coming down the chain before it becomes a problem for the people fighting on the ground.
Meanwhile below, Achuak nocks another holy arrow and fires at one of the ritual skeletons. Whatever they're doing is probably not good and so stopping them seems like a good plan.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Philip Memorial Library]

"Woah what the heck!"

Khannie is pretty surprised when Asami just up and falls over!

But not so surprised that she doesn't do anything. A magical glow of purple and indigo light suddenly erupts around her forehead as if she had a horn or something there moments before all of a sudden in a little spray of liquid shadow there IS a horn there! A similar glow appears below Asami, trying to catch her and ease her to the ground rather than just letting her face-plant.

Khannie, now with her unicorn horn quite visible sticking out through her human-teen illusion, quickly moves to kneel next to Asami. "What the heck is going on are you okay?"

Seriously. Khannie has no idea what Asami's deal is. The kid seems seriously unstable, both emotionally and physiologically.
User avatar
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 804
Joined: Feb 07, 2023 4:56 am

Re: Inside

Post by [brackets lover] »

[Philip Memorial Library]

"My head just got all spinny and my legs kinda... Hurt too much to control? I don't know, this never happened before," explains Asami shyly. She weakly flopped on her back and let her arms fall to the side, carefully stretching her legs out. From here, she looked away from Khannie and pouted.

"How come you only care about me now?" she mumbles morosely, the bitterness in her tone made all the more clear by the obscurity of her words
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[The Widening Gyre]

Raheeda
yells a zinger and throws her spear at a guy made of snakes! The spear stabs into the monster, staggering it by not destroying it. When something is made of a whole bunch of snakes they can be pretty tricky to take down since there are lots of snakes to defeat! Looking for Harley, Raheeda will find him over yonder talking to a distressed child on the sidelines of the battle. He's probably concerned about the child's well being! Khannie, meanwhile, is over there firing another shadow ray at the orb the skeletons are conjuring.

Speaking of Khannie, that shadow raw blasts into the ball lightning right as Michelson is aiming to disrupt it. The resulting confluence of magic causes the orb to begin swelling and pulsing as darkness swirls inside it. Then the anti-magic grenade goes off, Achuak's holy arrow blows up on a skeleton, and all hopes the skeletons have of containing their spells fails. It bursts asunder, obliterating all the ritual skeletons in one fell swoop.

With that threat neutralized, Khannie ducks back behind a truck and shortly there after definitely Khannie and not an illusion goes charging toward the melee skeletons. She's hoping they're dumb enough to fall for the same trick she just used on the last batch.

Kothar meets the incoming lightning snakes head on! There are about half a dozen of the things, each the size of an anaconda and each a crackling manifestation of living lightning. As soon as the lizardman is in range they'll begin lobbing arcs of lightning his way which are one hundred percent not healthy. Especially because this lightning ALSO steals the breath of whatever it strikes. And people need breath for breathing!

Harley and Asami
are pretty safe on the sidelines for the time being. Thankfully none of the monsters are focusing on people who aren't fighting back. That's giving the regular folks plenty of time to evacuate the area.
User avatar
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2620
Joined: Aug 02, 2022 6:29 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Inside

Post by Shadowcaller »

[The Widening Gyre]

Raheeda runs full speed towards the two as she wasn't even holding a weapon at the moment.

"Ssha- uh, hi guys." She greets with a wave, stopping right before running straight into Harley. Stopping almost a bit too close for comfort.
"You need any help? Turns out those, uh, visitors are violent." She points a thumb in the direction she came from. "Didn't want to speak to me at all."
She then gives Asami a curious look. Was she a regular child or a battle child?
Image
Post Reply