Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Inside

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's Office]

Michalson sighs. There he is, right smack in the middle of other people's drama. Again. It's a bad habit he can't shake.

"And it's my duty as a good detective to stop 'em from writing each other into the dead-book. I can try, but I don't have a lot of confidence in stoppin' Sandels from doin' anything."

Tags:
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's Office]

"Yes. A good detective. Thank you", Bunny says. She'd like to say something more, but thinking about it only reminds her she doesn't even know where the Reaper is right now. She twists her horns in anguish.

"The other guy. You must go and talk to the other guy. Ah! But you can't tell him anything about me! Just, um, try to think of some excuse why he shouldn't do it?" Bunny grabs Michalson's trouser leg and tries to look cute.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Keeper wrote: Mar 13, 2023 3:56 am Cult Clash

G'nichi's outfit poofs back to normal as he awkwardly shuffles towards Zophiel, letting the tied up folks remain tied up. Hopefully Intersection takes care of them before the ribbons wear off.
"Um. Do you need any help with that?" he asks the paladin treating the wounded, though it seems like everything is in order now.
[Cult Clash]

The paladin looks over at G'nichi. Then glances at the small handful of people still around who could use treatment. "If you've got any healing magic or first aid knowledge, that'd be great," he says. "The worst of it is dealt with, anyway."

Zophiel looks back down at the person he's helping, so he can make sure to not mess up.
To G'nichi, he says, "That was really impressive, though." Being able to clear most of the mess so quickly. "It would've gotten a lot worse if you weren't here. So, thank-you."
He taps the person he's helping. "Get up now, you'll be okay. Just be careful in case of infections, maybe stop by a clinic."

Zophiel looks around to see if there's anybody else he can spot who needs immediate treatment. "I wish I could've calmed down everyone that quickly. To be honest, though, I don't really get why they felt the need to fight each other." He sighs and shakes his head: couldn't they just worship all of both sets of their gods and that's that? No need to cause a literal riot over it.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Cult Clash

"Oh, it was just luck. I can't do that all the time." G'nichi lays a hand on a nearby person, closing a bleeding cut. He can't do that very many times, though, so his healing ability is soon spent.
"I didn't understand a word they were saying either, to be honest. Something about their gods?"
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Wolfbane wrote: Apr 10, 2023 5:07 pm [Streetside Shrine]

For a moment, Miyuu is confused before shaking her head. "That was not my intention. It is merely that there is one bed, that I do not truly sleep, and that I imagine it would be comforting to have someone on guard rather than staying in the room while you sleep. If you do wish for me to be in there as well though, I would say that my intentions would be entirely honorable and that you would have little chance to injure me in your sleep. " She explains carefully.
[Streetside Shrine]

Verity lets out a little laugh, "No, no, it's fine. I'd rather you do what you want; I'm fine with, largely, anything. I just don't want to impose."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's Office]

Unfortunately, Michalson is too old and jaded to be affected by cuteness.

"Other guy, meanin' the very big one? Just why would these two bashers scrap? History together? Incompatible ideology?"
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's office]

"YES!", Bunny yells in exasperation, though due to her size, she doesn't manage to be all that loud. "Somebody at the tavern must've seen him too! Maybe they can tell where he lives. He has no reason to hate you, so it shouldn't be a big deal for you." She tries to maintain a hopeful tone.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's office]

Michalson rests his head on his hand, pinching his nose.

"Right. But it'd be useful to know just why those two might want to scrag each other. Do you know?"
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's office]

Bunny squirms uncomfortably, looking at her feet and then covering her whole body with her wings. "They're fighting over me", she squeaks barely audibly.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's office]

Michalson drums his fingers on his desk.

"You're all from the same world. And Sandels' job was to retrieve you, before I stepped in. Is the rorty one opposed to him? Or does he have his own designs for you?"
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's Office]

Bunny stays silent for a while. She's thinking. Michalson might guess she's weighing her words carefully, meaning whatever'a going to come out is going to be suspect in some way or another. Finally, she opens her wings a bit and peeks out. "Yes, me and Sandels are from the same world as the big guy. The only two people from the same world, as far as I know. And I'm the only synthetic soul. Each Reaper is supposed to have one of their own, but now it's just me. That's why can't tell him anything about me. He'll come and take me away, and then I'll never get to be tall and pretty."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's Office]

"So why did Sandels let me take you into custody, if he needs someone like you? Now he has to ask me for a favor. Maybe he pegged me for a soft-hearted berk when he saw me. And he'd be right about that." Michalson sighs. "Right in the middle of other people's mess again. Because I don't learn from my own mistakes."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's Office]

If Bunny could blush, she would. "It's not that", she tries, "well, okay, it sort of is that, but... he left me in your care because he trust you to keep me safe." Or that what Bunny wants to believe, because the alternatives are depressing. "Even in the case of... even in the case he never makes it back to retrieve me in the end."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's Office]

"Right. Must be my trustworthy face," Michalson says with deep sarcasm. "I look like a right upstanding hero, don't I? One way or another we need to get you a body soon so you can keep clear of those berks. For now I'll try to keep their entries in the dead-book unwritten."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's Office]

Bunny opens her wings and hugs Michalson's shin. "Thank you!" It's about as sincere as she can manage, which might or might not feel meaningful to him, given she's literally made to fake and pretend.
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

Tina shrinks back a bit more from the door, only keeping her hands on the edge of the frame. She feels a flare of shame and anger at the events of the previous days. She doesn't want to be angry about it, but she can't help who she is, and she doesn't feel she was entirely in the wrong for getting so upset. She also knows she wasn't close to right, either. She knows.

But that's not important, is it? No. Dena's just been through a heckuva lot, and she was in a lot of pain, and now she's exhausted both physically and emotionally. This bullshit's not important right now. Just being there for her friend is. Whether that's in the same room or in her general orbit, it doesn't really matter.

Still, she doesn't have the will to say anything more just now. So she'll just sorta linger.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

April Foolery
"Up here, numbskulls!" the voice teases.
A little fairy, maybe 3 inches tall at most, wearing a blue dress made of flower petals, is sitting on one of the tree's lower branches. "What is it with you people and never bothering to look up? It's downright rude!"
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

April Foolery
[brackets lover] wrote: Apr 10, 2023 8:56 pm Asami rolls her eyes, defiantly remarking, "Technically, trees are living organisms to begin with, but whatever."

The little girl had an unpredictable attitude, demonstrated when her facial expression quickly switches from an antagonistic look to one of worry. She slunk back, staying a comfortable distance behind Nathair. While she was listening intently for the non-tree's reply, she was now taking a passive stance, fidgeting in place.
Nathair smiles encouragingly at Asami. "Hey, no need to worry. I'm sure there's no danger here."

Turning to look up at the blue fairy, they narrow their eyes. "I should have known this was the doing of fae. Apologies for my lack of politeness. I have to ask though- do you know what's going on in this street? Clearly there's some sort of magic at work here."
horses can attack and eat me
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Asami glanced over towards the fairy, shrugging her shoulders and defensively explaining, "I'm a kid. Kids look down when you talk to them." This was clearly an excuse, though she didn't exactly put any effort into eye contact.

In response to Nathair, she awkwardly chuckles, "Oh, I can't really get hurt anyways. Not easily." Indeed, she naturally would be able to stave off a few bolts of lightning or an untimely rockfall. Subsequently, she'd puff out her cheeks, going "hm" as Nathair mentions something weird going on. She hadn't noticed it earlier, but now, the cars driving backwards did cause her to absent-mindedly stare on in wonder. She made a pensive look while facing the street, stroking her chin with one hand while placing the other on her hips.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Keeper wrote: Apr 13, 2023 12:34 am Cult Clash

"Oh, it was just luck. I can't do that all the time." G'nichi lays a hand on a nearby person, closing a bleeding cut. He can't do that very many times, though, so his healing ability is soon spent.
"I didn't understand a word they were saying either, to be honest. Something about their gods?"

[Cult Clash]

After a few more people get healed, Zophiel rolls a shoulder back and figures it's fine if everyone else doesn't get his help. All the life-threatening injuries are taken care of, the rest can be handled by medics or first aid. "You must be really lucky, then." Solving a crisis with just luck? Pretty amazing.

Zophiel bends down and picks up a torn poster from one of the cultist rioters. "Not sure what caused the fighting, but it definitely was something stupid about their gods. One group saying their god was real and the others' was false, with the other group was saying theirs would enslave the others' god. Or something like that."
He shakes his head.
"Even if their gods were fighting, there's no reason for their followers to fight, too."
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 12, 2023 4:49 am [Hospital Waiting Room]

Once Dena hears Tina's voice she gets really quiet for a moment. "Is she planning to yell at me again? Since I don't want any of that right now."
Murkus wrote: Apr 17, 2023 10:55 pm [Hospital Waiting Room]

Tina shrinks back a bit more from the door, only keeping her hands on the edge of the frame. She feels a flare of shame and anger at the events of the previous days. She doesn't want to be angry about it, but she can't help who she is, and she doesn't feel she was entirely in the wrong for getting so upset. She also knows she wasn't close to right, either. She knows.

But that's not important, is it? No. Dena's just been through a heckuva lot, and she was in a lot of pain, and now she's exhausted both physically and emotionally. This bullshit's not important right now. Just being there for her friend is. Whether that's in the same room or in her general orbit, it doesn't really matter.

Still, she doesn't have the will to say anything more just now. So she'll just sorta linger.
[Hospital Waiting Room]

Kirk glances back at Fettina, then turns to Dena with a dramatic eye roll. "Are you really going to keep tormenting her. Last I checked you two were friends. Try to forgive and forget." He preemptively waves off any protests she has.
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

"Well, she hasn't said a word yet. But I assume she came here for a reason." Dena remarks as her eyes too turn expectingly to Tina.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

April Foolery
"That doesn't even make any sense!" the fairy responds to Asami's comment about kids looking down. "I dunno. When I showed up for work a couple hours ago it was already like this. While I was trying to figure out why, I suddenly found myself 3 inches tall. So it might be best to leave if you're worried about something like that." she lowers her voice to a conspiratorial whisper, "But if you're looking for the cause, I'd check out the upside-down house. It's the only place I didn't get a chance to examine."
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

April Foolery

"So you're also a bystander, eh?" says Nathair curiously, "I suppose I'll check out the house then. I think I can deal with any strangeness that ensues." Perhaps their confidence is a little misplaced, but nothing here has seemed malevolent so far.

Stepping away from the tree, Nathair puts their hands in their coat pockets and raises an eyebrow at Asami. "You coming, kid? Might be dangerous, and probably boring." Of course it won't be boring, but that seems a better deterrent for a child than trying to convince her it's too risky, and Nathair has no knowledge of Asami's toughness.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Asami, in her distractedness, failed to hear the fairy whisper the last part. Though, Nathair speaking aloud clued her in on the details. She was still focusing on the backwards moving cars til Nathair spoke to her, causing her to turn towards him and look down (like all kids do). She murmurs meekly in response, "Yeah, i'm coming. Why do you think it would be boring?"

She then looks over towards the upside-down house, glancing over its details before musing aloud, "And how are we going to get in if its upside-down?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

April Foolery

"Well, it's probably not boring. It just might not be safe. But don't worry, I'm a professional bodyguard of sorts." Nathair strides across the street towards the upside down house, checking to see if Asami is following.

Taking their metallic hand out of their coat pocket, they drum their fingers on the side of the building in thought. "Hmm... mind if I levitate you up to a window? Then you can look for a sheet or something that I can use for a rope." Of course, send the kid in first. Classy.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Asami's eyes light up at Nathair's suggestion as she follows behind, causing her to pump two fists into her chests in excitement and shout, "Seriously, you can do that!? Sugoi!"

She clears her throat into one fist while uncurling the other and letting it fall, "I mean, um, sure, that works."

She then beams at Nathair, "Oh yeah, what's your name, anyways?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

April Foolery

Nathair grins at the excitable girl. "Oh I can do that and more. Heavier things are harder, but you should be no problem." They look around for a rock or other object to break a window with, since levitation won't really help if the entrances are locked.

Pausing in his search at Asami's question, he gives a theatrical bow. "Nathair, professional bodyguard and unprofessional magician, at your service. And you are?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Asami awkwardly chuckles after Nathair bows, "Ah, my name's Asami! I'm a hunter, and I can't do magic at all, so that's cool!"

She appears as if she's about to say something else, but then closes her mouth midway, instead turning towards the house. She looked confident and prepared, patiently awaiting Nathair to put the plan into motion.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Thursday Violist wrote: Apr 19, 2023 1:57 am [Cult Clash]

After a few more people get healed, Zophiel rolls a shoulder back and figures it's fine if everyone else doesn't get his help. All the life-threatening injuries are taken care of, the rest can be handled by medics or first aid. "You must be really lucky, then." Solving a crisis with just luck? Pretty amazing.

Zophiel bends down and picks up a torn poster from one of the cultist rioters. "Not sure what caused the fighting, but it definitely was something stupid about their gods. One group saying their god was real and the others' was false, with the other group was saying theirs would enslave the others' god. Or something like that."
He shakes his head.
"Even if their gods were fighting, there's no reason for their followers to fight, too."
Cult Clash

"Well, I can't say that my church doesn't have a bit of a feud but...Tiamat and Bahamut's battle is old, old blood. Not something from people bumping into each other on the street." G'nichi admits, looking around.
Oh shoot, did he introduce himself? He can't remember.
"Um. My name's G'nichi."