Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

[Down The Drain]

It doesn't take Fel long to find a ladder; there's one not far from where she retrieved Skitty. And it seems as though the rat-roaches aren't interested in following her back to the surface; the few that appear before Fel has a chance to get away stop short of the light shaft from the drain, and hiss and screech at her impotently.

There's nothing stopping her from leaving now. It's a straight climb back out into the streets.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.

Tags:
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Wolfbane »

Streetside Shrine

Miyuu gives another nod, setting her cup aside and getting to her feet. Initially she offers just her hand, but eventually reaches out to gently touch Verity's shoulder. "If you are done, I can show you to the baths and the bed room. If you have been up all night dealing with ghouls and ghosts, then I imagine you are rather spent. There's only one bed, though it is large and I can always rest at the entrance of this place if it is more comfortable." There's no suggestion that Verity should rest anywhere other than the bed, as if it was impossible to consider.

The Inside Docks

The Matron's fingers rub the Captain's ears and the catperson purrs audibly, forgetting everything going on at the moment. "Michalson, you and Henry are offered the Captain's Quarters to stay in for the trip, and Nelle, you are allowed to either stay with the crew, in my quarters with the Captain and I, or in the Captain's quarters as well. Admittedly, my own quarters are likely to be a little cramped." She admits with a wry smile, causing the catperson to jump a little and blush deeply red. "Just...please don't drink too much of the Scotch." The Captain asks, voice quiet and shy with respectful nod towards the three guests.

The Matron snickers a little, finally letting go and giving a small bow before gesturing towards the ship in greeting for the three. "Either way, welcome to The Narhum. We set off in fifteen minutes."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Inside Docks

"I will sleep with the crew, unless you would prefer me elsewhere." Nelle bows her head to the Matron and the Captain, thinking they might prefer some privacy given their interactions thus far, and realising there's something unusual about Michalson and Henry given that she was given a choice and they were not. Perhaps she'll spend some time in their quarters anyway, though if either of the two recognise a glass elf and know of her inherent ability to turn herself invisible that may be risky.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[The Inside Docks]

Michalson can't deny being grateful for the offer. His leg really doesn't respond well to sleeping rough these days.

"Not to worry. I avoid excessive drinking. One of my fathers used to have a real problem with it, see. Was brought up in fear of it."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

The Inside Docks

"I can't get drunk anyway. Dead and all. So don't worry. I ah, can take the tub if you don't want to share a bed, Detective."
Henry would rather sleep in a bed, but if he sleeps in a normal one he's liable to wake up awfully dry. And also he doesn't know Michalson and would take up a lot of the bed.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by bc56 »

April Foolery
There's something strange in this neighborhood. Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria... Okay that was a lie. But there is something strange. Mostly just at this street corner, not so much elsewhere in the neighborhood.

First is the street. The occasional vehicle passes by, as one would expect, but always driving backwards.
And there's that house. It's a normal-looking house, but it's clearly upside down, with the point of the angled roof resting on the ground and the concrete foundation pointed to the sky.
And over there's a lady walking her... Cats? Lots and lots of cats, on one of those big multi-ended leashes. There have to be at least 20 or 30 of them.
And last but not least, there's the neighboring orchard. The blossoms are falling from the cherry trees and drifting upward into the sky. There are cherries growing too, but they're close to the size of a fist and bright blue.

All in all, something is going on around here that might be in need of investigation...
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

April Foolery

A young girl, Asami, would be skipping down the street with headphones in her ears. They'd be emanating a song that could be faintly heard from a few feet away. The little girl would be softly reciting the lyrics along with her gait, "♪ Losing my head, losing my mind. Wish somebody would tell me i'm fine~"

In her distractedness, she'd barely pay any mind as her gaze wanders over the backwards moving cars and the upside down house. That's par for the course, in this day and age. What would grab her attention, however, is the woman walking 20 to 30 cats. Its rare that someone would have so many cats, let alone walk them all at once. Thus, Asami froze in her tracks, staring at the cats and gasping, her mouth remaining agape. She stood with her feet planted firmly on the ground with her calves touching and her right hand around her back, gripping the middle of her left arm. Her eyes darted between the many cats and the woman herself. She gulped and opened her mouth slightly for a second, looking to the side and taking her ear buds out.

"Uh... um..." she murmured, her eyes drifting further to the side and her head lowered.
Last edited by [brackets lover] on Apr 02, 2023 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

April Foolery
The cats turn on the girl as she approaches, then suddenly let out an excited chorus of
"Woof! Woof!"
and strain at their leashes. The woman (she's on the elderly side) falls over and is dragged along by the barking mass of cats for a few feet. The cats, for their part, continue to act like dogs, and if not stopped, they'll jump onto the unfortunate girl and begin licking and sniffing her excitedly.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

April Foolery

At her fastest, Asami could move at the speed of light. But, that wouldn't quite help her if she couldn't move at all. A mixture of shock and inattentiveness found Asami remaining perfectly still as the cats leap on her, causing her to fall on her butt. While being licked and sniffed all over, she blushes and smiles, struggling to gently push even one cat a few inches back.

"Heheh... hah," she chuckles, curling her body forwards and surrendering to the felines aggressors, "Ah... are you ok, lady?"
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

April Foolery

Also walking down the street is Nathair, an androgynous cyborg in a red suit jacket. They're on their way back from the VIGIL party, which hadn't gone as well as they had hoped. A couple promising contacts were made, but then they had gotten quite drunk and decided to call it an early night. They certainly were not expecting to see a neighborhood that seems to be reversed in more ways than one.

Blinking their eyes, they squint at the cherry blossoms. Okay, they're not that drunk. Something strange is clearly going on here. Further down the street, the motion of a girl getting swarmed by a small army of cats. Well, that's something you don't see every day. She seems to be fine though, so rather than immediately offering assistance Nathair decides that it's a good idea to investigate the cherry tree further.

Giant blue cherries, eh? Well that's something they simply must try. Nathair reaches out to pluck a cherry, and if successful will take a large bite from it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
horses can attack and eat me
FracturedSimulacrum
Fresh Baby Poster

Post by FracturedSimulacrum »

[Sarah and Asera: Dining at Cafe Appellation]

Swollen raindrops patter against transparent, laminated glass further distorting the faint neon glow of a stock "Open" sign hanging in the display window of Cafe Appellation. Though the interior of the cafe looks warm and inviting, the thin, lime green awning suspended above the entrance does a miserable job of sheltering Asera from the inhospitable weather: a rhythmic downpour punctuated by a bone-chilling staccato of wind. Electing to ignore - or bask in - the scornful and lascivious glances the sopping wet black and white striped cardigan, black camisole, and black stretch jeans clinging to her form might evoke, the magenta devil flings the doors wide open and stalks inside.

Even if Asera didn't look as though she swam to Atlantis to strangle Poseidon with his own beard, she might strike onlookers as quite the odd duck, for she wears ill-fitting maternity clothing that is several sizes too big for her build. Perhaps it even goes without saying that all of this is by design: that she even aims to grow into her wardrobe before the hour is through.

Today is a day for celebration, after all, and what's a celebration without a hearty meal?

With black, ram-like horns, solid gold eyes, and a slender, serpentine tail that appears to terminate with a vantablack spade, Asera is the locus of all the bile and enmity the staff can muster from instant she crosses that vaunted threshold. In all honesty, she has no qualms about stomaching such treatment; it simply corroborates her research. This is an exclusive venue, after all - a hoity-toity den of intolerance laser-focused on her kind. As if one failed invasion - an invasion she wasn't even accessory to - could justify all the harm they would inflict on her had they the chance!

No doubt that's why, when she put it to a vote, Asera's followers selected Cafe Appellation as her feeding ground for the day.

As a tense hush settles over the cafe and Asera feels a score or more of baneful eyes burrow into her skin, the cheeky devil fishes her phone out of her pocket, zips through the lock screen, and strikes a cute pose in the middle of the pool of water puddling on the floor, and, with the press of a button, launches her livestream.

How's it hanging, all my fiends and fiendettes? This is your girl, Asera, coming at you live from Cafe Appellation, the source of all your consternation because - according to our latest poll - these bigots won't serve our kind!

Asera pans the camera, providing a view of all of the customers and servers present in the shoppe.

In fact, some of our lovely community members have accused a number of them of arson, assault, and -

While she has been chattering away, more employees have sprung from the backrooms - including a balding, tattooed fellow who sneers at her, picks up a sign, points at it aggressively, and begins barking at her.

Can it kid! I 'preciate the free publicity, but I got a right to serve whoever I want. In plain Common, that means I don't have to serve creatures like you! Now, haul your freakish tail outta my shoppe before -

The man's tirade is drowned out by the monstrous growling of Asera's tummy. Asera doubles over, as if in genuine pain, before "weakly" mewling.

Have a heart, mister! I'm half-starved -and- it's pouring outside! I'll pay like any other customer and I'll tip you thirty percent. That *has* to be worth swallowing your pride and showing me the same courtesy that you've shown all of your other patrons!

If only these poor, unfortunate souls had subscribed to Asera's OnlyFiends account, they might have recognized the atrocity unspooling before their very eyes! As it stands, one being - and only one being - in the vicinity can change the outcome of this episode of Asera's show for better or for worse! Who is this mysterious being, and what will she do? Find out in the next post of Sarah and Asera: Dining at Cafe Appellation!
Zefir
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Zefir »

Market Street

A man in a brown hoody appears in that street. He seems to avoid attention, but as many people might guess having a person walk around who hides his face is rather shady and draws more attention then needed.

Anyway. Reedon is looking for work so he goes up and down the street, asking shopkeepers and workers if there is any work that needs to be done. He specificly asks for jobs behind the scenes so no cashier work or such.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

April Foolery
"I'm okay," the lady slowly pushes herself to her feet, but she's not strong enough to pull the cats off. "Bella! Heel!" she calls to the mass of cats. Most of them look, but don't move yet. "Sorry about my dog... Erm, cats. I'm not sure what happened, but she's not herself."

Meanwhile, a cyborg decides that nothing ventured means nothing gained. It also means nothing lost, but whatever floats your boat. The fruit tastes very salty.
"Hey! You stole my fruit! Give that back!" the tree suddenly shouts at Nahair. "Stop this instant or I'll put a curse on you!" It doesn't seem to have any face or anything with which to see or speak.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

April Foolery

Wrinkling their nose at the salty cherry, Nathair is about to throw it away when the tree starts yelling, making them jump. Of course it had to be talking trees. It's always talking trees.

"Woah, sorry about that. Usually trees want their fruit to be taken." They look up and down, trying to figure out where to put it, before settling for wedging the cherry into a crook in the branches.

"So uh... how long have you been a tree?" Nathair realizes how stupid that sounds, but also they're not sure if this is a new phenomena or not.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Asami chuckles, talking a step back from the dogs, "It's cool! I like cats. Heheh..."

She righted herself, walking past the old woman with her head hung low. Consequently, the last few seconds of the exchange between the tree and cyborg. She'd snarkily hold her hands behind her head and tilt to the right, closing her eyes in a pensive manner while casually remarking, "Damn, stealing in broad daylight? I guess some people just can't help themselves.".

Immediately afterwards, her mouth and eyes hung wide open for a second, Nathair's comments causing her to be taken aback. "Come to think of it, that is strange behavior for a tree. Do you think its a demon of some sort?" she asked, worriedly curious.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: Mar 28, 2023 4:10 am [Hospital Waiting Room]

"Well you know how it is. A lot going on out there." Kirk quips as he moves over to the bed, though it lacks his usual energy. He finds a chair to pull up next to the bed and seats himself next to her. "I won't patronize you by asking how you're doing. I'm pretty sure the answer is 'shitty'."
[Hospital Waiting Room]

"So what is going on? Give me all the dirt." She asks with a hint of mischievousness despite her subdued tone. "I prefer it to the shit I've had in here."
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Wolfbane wrote: Mar 29, 2023 1:48 pm Streetside Shrine

Miyuu gives another nod, setting her cup aside and getting to her feet. Initially she offers just her hand, but eventually reaches out to gently touch Verity's shoulder. "If you are done, I can show you to the baths and the bed room. If you have been up all night dealing with ghouls and ghosts, then I imagine you are rather spent. There's only one bed, though it is large and I can always rest at the entrance of this place if it is more comfortable." There's no suggestion that Verity should rest anywhere other than the bed, as if it was impossible to consider.
[Streetside Shrine]

Verity seems to consider for a moment, before sighing, "... I suppose some rest would do me good, yes. Thank you again for the hospitality; this is quite nice," and she'll stand. It seems she doesn't have any objections, "Though, if you're implying that you intend to crawl into bed with me, I do have to ask if that's what you mean to do. I've been told I snore, and that I tend to be clingy in my sleep."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
bc56

Post by bc56 »

April Foolery
"I'm not a tree!" the tree responds, sounding annoyed.

It sure looks like a tree. Maybe it's not the tree that's talking?
It doesn't actively respond to their conversation in the meantime.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's Office]

Once Michalson has received Sandels' note from Trog's, he calls Bunny to his office (where she usually stays anyway) to show it to her.

"Looks like that mighty trustworthy basher needs you for somethin''. Can't say I trust him very much."
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Wolfbane »

Halae wrote: Apr 08, 2023 7:53 am [Streetside Shrine]

Verity seems to consider for a moment, before sighing, "... I suppose some rest would do me good, yes. Thank you again for the hospitality; this is quite nice," and she'll stand. It seems she doesn't have any objections, "Though, if you're implying that you intend to crawl into bed with me, I do have to ask if that's what you mean to do. I've been told I snore, and that I tend to be clingy in my sleep."
[Streetside Shrine]

For a moment, Miyuu is confused before shaking her head. "That was not my intention. It is merely that there is one bed, that I do not truly sleep, and that I imagine it would be comforting to have someone on guard rather than staying in the room while you sleep. If you do wish for me to be in there as well though, I would say that my intentions would be entirely honorable and that you would have little chance to injure me in your sleep. " She explains carefully.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

April Foolery

Nathair looks scandalized at Asami's remark. "I wasn't stealing! I didn't even know it was alive. Speaking of..." and they turn back to the tree, examining it closely for any sort of mouth or other abnormalities.

"Best way to figure out its origin is by asking. Well, are you a demon? Or a nature spirit or something?" Their golden eye gives it a once over to see if there's any enchantments or spells on it.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's Office]

Bunny hops and grabs the note, then freezes once she's read it. She can't go pale and her clay face isn't very expressive, but the detective can tell from prolonged silence that she's shocked.

Then she drops the note and grabs her little horns as if to tear them off, starting to frantically run around in the office. "Nonononono! This is a catastrophe! Why would he choose to do this? Why now? Aaaargh! That idiot! That big idiot!"
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's Office]

"You know, I could just tell him no. Official-like. I'd be doin' him a favor by lettin' you do this," Michalson points out. "Which makes me think you don't like the idea for more reasons than just not wantin' to participate."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

[April Foolery]

Asami rolls her eyes, defiantly remarking, "Technically, trees are living organisms to begin with, but whatever."

The little girl had an unpredictable attitude, demonstrated when her facial expression quickly switches from an antagonistic look to one of worry. She slunk back, staying a comfortable distance behind Nathair. While she was listening intently for the non-tree's reply, she was now taking a passive stance, figetting in place.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's Office]

Bunny stops and stares at Michalson. "... you read the note", she begins after a moment, "it's not dangerous to me. It's dangerous to him. It's not enough to just tell him no. You need to stop him. Pretty please?"
Murkus
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Murkus »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 06, 2023 9:25 am [Hospital Waiting Room]

"So what is going on? Give me all the dirt." She asks with a hint of mischievousness despite her subdued tone. "I prefer it to the shit I've had in here."
[Hospital Waiting Room]

"You missed some juicy drama, I guess," Fettina points out from where she lingers in the door. She's hanging back a bit for the moment. Seeming timid somehow.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Michalson's Office]

Michalson leans back in his chair to take some weight off his bad leg.

"Aye, I read the note. But I don't know anything about that basher. Do you know anything about him? Why's it so dangerous for Sandels?"
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: Apr 06, 2023 9:25 am [Hospital Waiting Room]

Murkus wrote: Apr 11, 2023 5:22 pm [Hospital Waiting Room]

"You missed some juicy drama, I guess," Fettina points out from where she lingers in the door. She's hanging back a bit for the moment. Seeming timid somehow.
[Hospital Waiting Room]

Kirk gestures vaguely. "Oh, you know. Babies. Looking at babies. Babies crying. I assume that's the usual in these situations." He shrugs. "A bit out of my depth I'm afraid."
~Images by Soushiyo
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Hospital Waiting Room]

Once Dena hears Tina's voice she gets really quiet for a moment. "Is she planning to yell at me again? Since I don't want any of that right now."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Michalson's Office]

"They're going to fight! You... uh, you saw the other dude. He's bigger! Much bigger! Sandels can't win!" Michalson might gather the "other dude" being big is not really the extent of it.