Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
Of course the demon guards don't know that he's a strigoi. They probably thought he was lucky for getting to live.
Blank is dragged along back the way the guards came from, into another alley then into a dark warehouse, where he's dumped unceremoniously on the concrete floor. "WHERE IS SHE!?" It's a woman's voice, harsh and fuming with anger, but in the gloom, all that is visible are two fiery eyes.

April Foolery
Asami peers into the open bedroom. Nothing moves. Everything is in its upside down place. The chamber is quiet. No, wait... There's a soft, repetitive hissing sound, coming from the upside-down bed every couple seconds.
Nathair pockets a green orange. It maintains its reversed gravity.
The trapdoor to the attic opens easily enough. Dusty containers of junk sit on the upside-down floor. One, a container of bedsheets, appears to have been disturbed recently.
Entering the attic to search more thoroughly would be a risky proposition - due to the reversed gravity, there's no easy way back out.
Last edited by bc56 on May 20, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!

Tags:
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3253
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

[Making Trouble]

"Which 'she'? Do you have any idea how many 'she's there are in Inside?" Blank snarks, not looking up at the Mistress. It's much easier to put on a brave face when nobody can see it. "Really, if you think about it, the odds favor that I've never even met your 'sh-'"

Blank. I've set her down on the corner of [distant street]. With that task done, I will retire until you need me again.

The words aren't audible, but they intrude enough on Blank's concentration to cause him to trail off. And to quietly snark, "horrible timing, O".
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
"Amateur." The unknown demon plucks the telepathic message out of thin air to read for herself. "So that's where she is. Stay here. Watch our prisoner. I will deal with the princess myself." The doors swing open on their own and the mystery woman walks out.
Blank only can catch a glimpse of her from behind before the doors close again. She's gorgeous, in the way only a succubus can be, but most of what he's going to see are her toned legs, agile, barbed tail, and luscious waves of raven hair.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
User avatar
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1763
Joined: Feb 27, 2023 7:23 am
Location: Somewhere cold
Pronouns: Any

Re: Inside

Post by quillpleasant »

Hraithre wrote: May 20, 2023 5:16 pm [Arkham Street Manor]

There's a door in the kitchen that leads to the backyard, it's not hard to find. The garden is a bit overgrown due to lack of care. The armor is stashed in a decripit, vine-covered shed, along with aged and rusty gardening tools; the door is mercifully unlocked. The armor has not gotten any lighter, so Lia might have some trouble carrying it, but there's a recently fixed wooden wheelbarrow leaning to the outside of the shed.

Back at the front door, Hoshiki frowns. "Hrmph. I don't recall agreeing our fight would be to the death, but I don't recall agreeing the oppisite, either. May I ask, if not the girl, who is it that's worried of that no-good's life?"
Lia sighs as she realizes the task in front of her. She should have asked Sandels to borrow his horse. Or maybe just asked the horse; it seems to do its own thing a lot. Regardless, she loads the armor into the wheelbarrow and then pushes it back through the house, stumbling a couple times as the wheel sticks on the uneven flooring.

"Can I borrow this push thing?" she calls out as she approaches the entrance, "I'm not really looking forward to the journey back without it."

-

April Foolery

Nathair clicks his tongue against his teeth as he peers down into the attic. Mostly abandoned, but the bedsheets make him pause. That could mean there's someone living here. Well, only one way to find out.

Leaving the attic behind, Nathair begins to peer into first one room then the next, looking for a bedroom.
horses can attack and eat me
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3253
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

[Making Trouble]

...Wow.

Okay.

Wow.

...

Gah! Focus, Blank!

The strigoi adjusts himself so he's sitting cross-legged on the floor, somewhat invocative of a preschooler waiting for the adults to re-enter the room. He waits patiently for a moment, drumming his hands on his thighs, trying to keep physically busy as he processes what just happened.

...

Nah.

"So, um..." Blank looks up at the fiends guarding him, glancing from one to the other. "...Either of you two, um... do anything for fun? Or is this just what you do all the time? Work, work, work?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
Succubi and incubi tend to have that effect on the unprepared... And many of the prepared too.

"No." These guys aren't fooling around. They're very stoic, it's going to be tricky to pull one over on them.
But not impossible. And Blank isn't restrained...
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3253
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

[Making Trouble]

"Really? Nothing at all?" Blank frowns, arms crossed, sereptiously tucking his hands in his sleeves; if he needs to, he can at least get to the rest of his cards now. But with how quickly he burned through three of the ten he had, he doubts he'll be able to overwhelm the guards in a straight fight. Not without a numbers advantage, at least.

"Don't you guys get bored? That's kind of a universal thing, isn't it? Boredom?" He looks from one to the other for confirmation. "Or are you just, like, always bored? Never entertained at all?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
"Boredom is inefficient." Real hardcore. Not losing focus at all. Given how quickly they were able to dispatch the last pair of summons, it wouldn't be an easy fight even with all six.
But Blank surely has tricks up his sleeve, both literally and figuratively, right?

And there's the matter of the warehouse. There are crates and boxes visible in the dim light - who knows what they might contain. Or they could be used as hiding places.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3253
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

[Making Trouble]

"Well, see, that's where you're mistaken." Blank replies, a tentative plan slowly coming together as he surveys the room. "Boredom's there to keep you efficient. It's that little compulsion in your brain that drives you to keep things happening, to keep thinking about things. If you don't get bored, you stop thinking and end up doing something silly." He waggles his hands out for them to see. "Like guarding a prisoner you never bothered to restrain, for example. What's efficient about having your only option be stab me if I try to run? You really think your mistress is going to be happy about that?" He gives them a grin, though it's mostly hidden by his mask. "If you got bored, you'd be looking around for something to do, have noticed that already, and set about doing it."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
[brackets lover]
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1036
Joined: Feb 07, 2023 4:56 am

Re: Inside

Post by [brackets lover] »

April Foolery

Hearing the sounds coming from the bedroom, Asami takes a step back. She'd go back towards the center of the room and, noticing Nathair looking around the house, would wave to him. She'd then place an index finger on her mouth and point to the ajar bedroom door, staring on in its direction.
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
"If we were bored, we would be distracted."
"You're lucky we don't have any restraints with us. So we watch, and if you make any funny business, you die."
So they weren't expecting to need to capture Blank. Or that girl.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

April Foolery
The two explorers can pause to look into the bedroom and hear that hissing sound, but nothing seems to change.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3253
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

[Making Trouble]

"Is that so? I already know how easy it is to outrun you. What exactly stops me from just turning around and leaving right now?" Blank gestures over his shoulder. "At the very least, one of you should be holding on to me. But again, you've stopped assessing the situation, because you don't get bored. It just is what it is." Blank sighs and shakes his head. "Besides, you're still plenty easy to distract. Neither of you noticed the knightess coming in."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
Neither guard looks impressed. They match eyes for a moment, then the female guard nods. After that, the male guard slowly scans the room for any intruders. It's clear they think Blank is bluffing. If course if he's not, the knightess will have a few moments to get the drop on them before they see her.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
User avatar
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1763
Joined: Feb 27, 2023 7:23 am
Location: Somewhere cold
Pronouns: Any

Re: Inside

Post by quillpleasant »

April Foolery

Nathair nods at Asami, raising a finger to his mouth as well. Then he enter the bedroom quietly, looking around for the source of the hissing.
horses can attack and eat me
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3253
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

[Making Trouble]

In that moment they were looking at each other, Blank takes advantage of the fact that neither are looking at him and bolts, heading further into the warehouse. He expects the guards will give chase, or at least try to injure him before he can get very far, which is why he drops one of the cards from his sleeve right where he was standing.

But he won't do anything with it yet. The timing isn't right.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
[brackets lover]
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1036
Joined: Feb 07, 2023 4:56 am

Re: Inside

Post by [brackets lover] »

April Foolery

Asami would follow behind Nathair from a comfortable distance, aiming to support him in case things go wrong without getting so close to potential danger herself.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Inside

Post by Keeper »

Thursday Violist wrote: May 20, 2023 1:36 am [Cult Clash]

Honestly, in spite of being a paladin, Zophiel doesn't know that much about armor.
He never wears it.
And he claims it's because it wouldn't fit anyway.

"I've never really had armor," he says, "but armor that can appear and disappear instantly does sound really handy. You'd need some interesting magic on it, but it sounds doable."
Cult Clash

But armor can be made for the wearer, Zophiel!
"Well, it's very good for keeping you from being stabbed. But there are issues with wearing them all the time, so I don't. For me especially, I can't use these when wearing them." G'nichi gestures back at his wings.
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
Blank only has a moment, which means the guards are immediately hot on his heels, with their polearms at the ready. They don't notice the card, or don't care. It's insignificant. Their blades swish through the air right behind Blank as the strike in unison at him.

April Foolery
As mentioned before, the hissing sound is coming from underneath (or on top of, in this case) the bed. Given its inverted position, the space between the bed and the floor isn't visible from the ceiling. It will take some maneuvering to get a look at the source of the noise.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
User avatar
Gullara
Forum Mommy
Posts: 1585
Joined: May 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Contact:

Re: Inside

Post by Gullara »

Shadowcaller wrote: May 17, 2023 3:57 am [Hospital Room]

"Yes." Dena's reply is extremely subdued compared to what she said earlier and the other two can see her wiping away a tear.
"Just don't make me hold him or anything like that. You understand?"
Murkus wrote: May 18, 2023 5:03 pm [Hospital Room]

The tear is enough to waylay any rising frustration Tina had been feeling. She kneels down by the bed if Dena seems alright with it. "Oh, Dena, of course not. Whatever you want. Whatever makes you the most comfortable."

She'll try and hug the gorgon then, if she allows. Resting her head on Dena's arm. And then after a minute opening one eye to wave Kirk over, like 'get in here, mook'.
[Hospital Room]

Kirk quirks an eyebrow at Fettina, but decides to cave to her prompting. The drow gets up and moves around to the other side of the bed. He sits himself on the edge next to Dena and puts and arm over her shoulder. "I'm sure this can be figured out, but maybe now you should worry about resting." Kirk suggests.
Image
~Images by Soushiyo
User avatar
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Posts: 668
Joined: Aug 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Thursday Violist »

Keeper wrote: May 21, 2023 9:16 pm Cult Clash

But armor can be made for the wearer, Zophiel!
"Well, it's very good for keeping you from being stabbed. But there are issues with wearing them all the time, so I don't. For me especially, I can't use these when wearing them." G'nichi gestures back at his wings.
[Cult Clash]

"I have noticed people with armor had more trouble with climbing and avoiding capture," Zophiel comments, agreeing.
He looks at G'nichi's wings.
"Being unable to fly would also cause a lot of difficulties."

He pauses, and thinks.
Oh!
Actually, Zophiel's flown before.
Not that he has wings right now.
"Actually, now that I think about it, one time I was able to give myself wings. Had to fly myself and someone else out of this huge pit; if I had armor, I would've had to leave it behind. Yeah, you're right, that would be an issue. Unless you got some kind of skintight, lightweight armor or something like that."

Earl of Purple wrote: May 20, 2023 5:52 pm Streets- Doll, June

The teeth are spilt! They just skitter across the floor and clack and rattle.

The doll is watching June. Beyond that, nothing really springs out- a passing medusa is looking at everything, which includes June, with her serpentine hair. She's also got a cloth wrapped around her eyes, so the snakes are in fact navigating for her.

Under the dress, there's no name or labels on the doll. Although it does, for some reason, have a navel. It also feels as though it's stuffed with hair.
[Streets - Doll, June

Aah! It's Medusa.
June makes sure she's pointedly not looking in that direction

Since there's no name or tag or anything stitched on the doll, June feels a little embarrassed for checking. Okay, the teeth didn't have any, the doll didn't have any, so maybe the knife. . .? she starts to wonder.

Just as she's about to look at the knife, June starts to feel a headache start to set in.
And realizes she's still holding her breath. Hasn't even felt the need to breathe.

Honestly, that's weird.
Did...she suddenly gain a new power again?
No, that would be weird. If she gained a new power, she would've noticed. It would've probably been intentional. Besides, she hasn't drunk any vampire blood or anything like that recently, so that's doubly unlikely.
June exhales, just to check if she can - check if she didn't, like, suddenly die and turn into a ghost or something. Nope, that was a breath. She tries to wrack her brain to come up with why she hasn't felt the need to breathe, but...
Suddenly, her eyes glance at the doll.
That's really the only thing that's changed. Or maybe the teeth. But probably the doll. Actually, if it is the doll, she probably doesn't even want to mess with the knife and she's lucky she didn't try to sift through the teeth, because she can't even guess at what those sorts of things would do.

However, she's got to check to be sure.
June carefully sets the doll back down, just to check if it really was the doll's doing. After setting the doll down, she tries holding her breath for as long as she can, just to test it.
And then, afterwards, picks up the doll again and tries again to double-test it. If the doll really makes it so she doesn't have to breathe, then...well, she's not really sure what she could do without needing to breathe, but it could potentially open up some training possibilities or infiltration possibilities. After she asks around to see if she can find whose doll it is, of course; she doesn't want to steal someone else's doll.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3253
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Inside

Post by Ironsmith »

bc56 wrote: May 21, 2023 11:22 pm Making Trouble
Blank only has a moment, which means the guards are immediately hot on his heels, with their polearms at the ready. They don't notice the card, or don't care. It's insignificant. Their blades swish through the air right behind Blank as the strike in unison at him.

April Foolery
As mentioned before, the hissing sound is coming from underneath (or on top of, in this case) the bed. Given its inverted position, the space between the bed and the floor isn't visible from the ceiling. It will take some maneuvering to get a look at the source of the noise.
[Making Trouble]

shnk!

Blank shivers a bit as a large portion of his back gets a sudden chill, no doubt having to do with the massive gashes in the back of his shirt. Another half-inch and he might not have a functional spinal column anymore.

As he approaches the crates, Blank pivots on the spot and pulls aside a convenient palette resting against one of them, momentarily blocking pursuit. He has no doubt the guards are strong enough to just barrel through it, but the extra half-second of lead time should help prevent any more close shaves.

Meanwhile, the card he left behind bursts into a flash of blue flame, the paper buckling and bending as an armored figure rises out of it. As soon as they appear, they also give chase, but only as far as the first row of crates, hiding behind one and observing the situation for now.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3947
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Touring Inside]

Two tourists exit Trog's.

One is obvious. She's wearing the most touristy floral shirt. The most touristy pink flamingo sunglasses. The most touristy straw hat. The most touristy khaki shorts. The most touristy sandals with socks. The most touristy camera hanging around her neck.

The second is a cute little purple dragon with shiny iridescent insectile wings.

"Hey Eu! Hey I'm small again right now!" Aivu the dragon points out.
"Yes, that's correct," Eu replies as she pulls out a map of Inside and immediately gets motion sick trying to make sense of it.
"That means I'm little enough for you to carry me!" Aivu says, bouncing around her BEST FRIEND's legs as Eu does her best not to fall on her butt thanks to non-Euclidean map dizziness. "Please! Please please carry me! It'll be great!"

Eu gives a long suffer sigh, then slowly smiles.

"Alright,"
she says, stooping down so the little dragon can scramble onto her back with a joyful whoop. Cupping her hands behind the dragon while Aivu drapes her front paws over Eu's shoulders, Eu stands up again and starts running!

"WEEEEEEEEEEE!"
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Inside

Post by Keeper »

Thursday Violist wrote: May 22, 2023 3:52 am [Cult Clash]

"I have noticed people with armor had more trouble with climbing and avoiding capture," Zophiel comments, agreeing.
He looks at G'nichi's wings.
"Being unable to fly would also cause a lot of difficulties."

He pauses, and thinks.
Oh!
Actually, Zophiel's flown before.
Not that he has wings right now.
"Actually, now that I think about it, one time I was able to give myself wings. Had to fly myself and someone else out of this huge pit; if I had armor, I would've had to leave it behind. Yeah, you're right, that would be an issue. Unless you got some kind of skintight, lightweight armor or something like that."
Cult Clash

"It's really quite the conundrum." G'nichi agrees. "I'm very proud of my armor. It's a symbol of my order and profession and very good at keeping me from needing a healer. But I also like being able to use my wings. And I can't really have both. Without some serious magic at least."
And the most magic person he knows is Syncope and he sure as hell isn't asking her for something like this. He'll end up in a death match against a demon or something in the process. Somehow.

Touring Inside

There is a third person who exits Trog's, though he is not a tourist.
A certain round shark hurries after the tourists, though his need to finish the drink he paid for has given the tourists a significant lead. As well as the fact that despite Henry having the body of someone who took a lot of care to build strength and endurance along with mass...that doesn't make him any less bulky and slow.
The poor shark is certainly having a tough time running after them even if he's not winded.
"Wait up!" he calls again.
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3947
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Touring Inside]

Is Henry able to run fast enough to keep up with a weird lady dashing around with a dragon-child riding on her shoulders and whooping gleefully?

It sure sounds like he isn't.

But thankfully for him Eu is taking a rather meandering path. Mostly because-

"Oh oh! That thing over there! Let's look at that!" Aivu calls out from her perch. Eu veers toward a statue? Maybe it's an art instillation? Either way, it consists of several brass spheres connected by shimmering bands of light that are all slowly rotating. There's a small wrought iron fence around it with an opening on one side to allow a person to approach it. "Ooh, it's pretty. Is it art? They look kind of like big metal cherries with the stems sticking out of the top."

Eu considers the statue, wondering at it. Is it magical? Or maybe something akin to Numerian technology? Is it there to look pretty or-

"scuse me," says a rather gruff dwarf as he pushes past Eu. He puts pushes some coins against the surface of the statue, which are promptly absorbed by it. Moments later it dispenses a beverage can for him.

Eu blinks at the sight.

Then busts up laughing.

This should provide Henry plenty of time to catch up with the tourist and her passenger.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Inside

Post by Keeper »

Touring Inside

The pair standing there for a solid minute does in fact allow Henry to catch up! Which is good because he was juuuust starting to feel a little winded. He's built for long trips, not sprinting.
"Okay. Okay. Whew. You- I didn't get either of your names. But you said you could help me with my curse
maybe."
he gestures at Aivu.
"...and then you never told me how to get back to you once you did that."
User avatar
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2885
Joined: Jul 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Making Trouble
Blank's right to not expect the pallet to slow the guards down much, it splinters as they crash through it. They'll remain close behind Blank, but now they're in the maze of crates and boxes, where the polearms' size makes them unwieldy.
The newly appeared figure is not noticed, for now.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!
User avatar
Shadowcaller
Arisen Zombie Poster
Posts: 3093
Joined: Aug 02, 2022 6:29 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Inside

Post by Shadowcaller »

Gullara wrote: May 22, 2023 2:43 am [Hospital Room]

Kirk quirks an eyebrow at Fettina, but decides to cave to her prompting. The drow gets up and moves around to the other side of the bed. He sits himself on the edge next to Dena and puts and arm over her shoulder. "I'm sure this can be figured out, but maybe now you should worry about resting." Kirk suggests.
Murkus wrote: May 18, 2023 5:03 pm [Hospital Room]

The tear is enough to waylay any rising frustration Tina had been feeling. She kneels down by the bed if Dena seems alright with it. "Oh, Dena, of course not. Whatever you want. Whatever makes you the most comfortable."

She'll try and hug the gorgon then, if she allows. Resting her head on Dena's arm. And then after a minute opening one eye to wave Kirk over, like 'get in here, mook'.
[Hospital Room]

Dena manages a weak hug in her current condition but a hug nonetheless since she makes up for it by making it long.
After a few minutes of just silently hugging Tina, Dena slowly lets go and nods to Kirk. "Yeah..." She doesn't manage more, her voice seemingly spent now considering how weak it sounds. She hoped her hug had done the talking there instead.
Image
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3947
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Inside

Post by Rebonack »

[Touring Inside]

"It makes... what is that?" Aivu asks curiously. When the dwarf pops the can she can smell something sweet which of course perks her interest.

"It's a drink, lass. This is a pop machine," the dwarf explains. "You stick a coin in it and it pops out a drink for you."

"Oooooh! That sounds like fun! Get one for me, Eu!" Aivu laughs, patting her paws on Eu's shoulders.

"My hands ARE a little full of little dragon right now," Eu points out. "I COULD get a drink from the machine for you, but first I would have to put you down."

"Oh no! Can't you do both at once if you just believe in yourself hard enough?" Aivu suggests.

But then Henry approaches, which provides a really fortunate solution to this problem.

"Think fast."

The shark man gets a small dragon tossed at him. Aivu squeals with delight, twisting to land feet first on Henry whether he catches her or not. And while Henry is dealing with THAT problem Eu pulls out a coin and feeds it to the machine.

"So I hear you're cursed, huh?" Eu asks as she pulls out a cherry flavored can of soda from the machine. "Sounds terrible. On a scale of one to ten, how much do you believe in yourself to fix the problem on your own?"
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3745
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Inside

Post by Keeper »

Touring Inside

Henry does catch Aivu-
After she bounces gently off of his gut first. The nature of whimsy demands it.
"Uh. Two? No one in my family seems to have so much as tried. If they have they failed and don't want to talk about it. And someone got sent to the hospital just for taking a look at it. I don't really know how to handle giant invisible monsters with claws sunk into my soul."
He understands the irony of a ghost shark not knowing how to deal with invisible monsters.
Post Reply