Inside

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
bc56
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Re: Inside

Post by bc56 »

Boiling Point
"Riiiight..." Neither of them believe her, why would they? "She doesn't have a home address. Or a phone number." Actually she does but the cultists have no way of knowing that. "Our summoning rituals require human sacrifice, so..." not an option. And it's not clear if they would work on the new goddess anyway.
Avatar by me! No more outsourcing!

Tags:
DeBunny
Maliciously Tyrannical Admin

Post by DeBunny »

[....]

It's crushing. It hurts. It's suffocating.
The weight of the world. The weight of nothing.
The weight of living.

Fingertips he can barely feel, tremble, twitch, writhe.
Feet stumble, shuffle, and twist their way across pavement he doesn't even see.
The air is thick, wet, cloying, but he can't even notice.

It struggles past the tightness in his throat, an aching squeeze from a formless, sourceless presence.

Buildings and streets stutter past blurred eyes, motionless spectators of the man frantically fleeing past them. Without thought, without judgement.
Leering. Glaring.

His hands clench up to the side of his face, for just a moment clawing at his cheeks, pulling at his hair, small desperate motions for release for the ruthlessly building pressure within.
A scream that won't sound, tears that won't fall, peace that won't come.

Gravity rebels, as a loose stone shifts beneath numb feet and he pitches to the side, hitting the ground with an inaudable gasp of lost air. He rolls from the sidewalk, down a slope of grass and coming to rest against a set of bricks.

The man does not get up, what energy that had propelled him onward lost in the collapse, leaving him arrested to the earth, chained by tumultuous thoughts and hostile emotions.
He needs to live, he wants to die, he longs for hope, he drowns in chaos. He feels and he feels and he feels and he feels and it tears.
If he doesn't cry, it will break him. He doesn't want to cry, he wants to be whole, he wants to smile.
He must cry, he must cry out, he must be free, it won't come out, it keeps growing and building and roiling and it won't come out.

Trapped. Trapped in a box, a prison, a cage, a burning chasm of shattering heart and howling mind.
Freedom. Where is freedom? Where is relief?

A single, wretched tear pulls free and crawls along his cheek, solemnly. Mercilessly.

"The orchids are still doing okay. That's a relief...I was kind of worried I would mess it up."
Quiet foot steps pad through the grass nearby, followed by a soft voice.

Help me.
Leave me.

The sound of rustling fabric, the light thumping of something heavy being set on the ground.
Rustling leaves.
"Hm. Gardenias could use a little more attention, I think?"

He cracks open his eyes, an effort of ages and more. They burn, tears corroding their way to another ache.

A young girl sits on a short arrangement of bricks, inspecting the flowers housed within their walled protection. She smiles a little, when she sees his eyes open, but he still caught the glimpse of a familiar sadness at the edges of her expression.
His chest tightened again at the thought of it and he shuttered his gaze once more.

There was silence for a moment, almost long enough for the pounding of a frantic heart and the screaming of thoughts to build again,
But she speaks again, softer.
"I keep this garden going for Mister Yurioc, since he isn't here to do it himself anymore. He loved it. Something in the world that he could care about, feed, protect, and..."
A small pause, not immediately filled by his own tumult. It seemed to be holding its breath, its wrath and despair and ache.
His throat still clenched.

"If I can keep it alive, it's like keeping part of him alive, too. A piece of his dreams and heart, still blooming in the sun and drinking in the rain. Sometimes I can pretend he's still here, watering the daisies instead of me.
When I'm sad, I can still feel like he's listening to me, and I can imagine the advice he would give."

There is another pause now, and another shuffling of fabric followed by the sounds of flipping papers.

"I never feel alone here. It's nice. When everything...when all the wishes and responsibilities get heavier than I can think, I can still share the burden here.
I can catch my breath and...glue the pieces back together."

Vision invades through a crack, as he slowly moves his eyes.
Part of him sees her sitting in the grass nearby, a large book open in her lap.
Most of him sees the flowers, a rippling cascade of colors beneath the looming gray wall of an unremarkable house.

They glisten in the moisture of recent water, and his gaze rests on a mass of dark crimson petals. The color seems to consume his sight, blocking out everything else.
It resonates with something, a fissure deep inside, a quiet call to something not quite lost.

The rhythmic turning of pages and the rippling cloud of colors seemed almost hypnotizing.
It could have been seconds, or minutes, maybe hours.

It didn't hurt less, not really, but it seemed less oppressive. Less voracious.
He could think now, just a little. Breath, in more than gasps.

The knot, the coiling around the hole in his chest, it was still there. Still begging for attention. But it wasn't screaming now. Not shouting.
Just crying.

He was just crying.

She spoke again, over the carefully muffled sound of her closing book.
"The flowers are good listeners, too. They learned that from him, I think.
I don't know if they give the best advice, but they can help lift the weight.

It wants to get out. Pain can't live inside of us, not very well. It wants to be free, but it doesn't know how, so it hurts us on accident. We have to help it out.
If we listen to it, we can give it that freedom it wants. I-...they're very good at that. The orchids are experts, if you want to give them a shot."

The girls waits, while cracked lips slowly open and noiselessly move, then close again.
She waits awhile. Patiently existing nearby.

The flowers wave in the wind..

The lips open again and the pain cautiously breathes out, hesitantly reaches out for an offered hope.
The orchids listen.
She listens and he speaks.

He still hurts.
But the hurt moves just a little and the audience guides it to freedom.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Ironsmith wrote: Feb 11, 2023 4:49 pm [Down the Drain]

Towards the ominous sound of a few dozen crimes against gods and man, then.

Fortunately, they don't all appear to be congregated in the same place. For instance, as she approaches the next maintenance waystation, Felandria will see another of these creatures scratching at a damaged door, attempting to slip under the enlarged crack between it and the floor, only to pull back every so often for no readily-obvious reason. As the giantess approaches, it turns to her and hisses, baring a set of tooth-covered phalanges as it slowly approaches her, chittering out a warning and staring at her with vacant, beady eyes.
Fel hisses back and fires a few Magic Missiles at the beast.

She’s not gonna let these things hurt her Skitty.
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Wolfbane »

Streetside Shrine

"Perhaps it is because I am an android, but I cannot say I have met much in the way of undead or ghosts. At least, not in any form I could recognize.
" Miyuu admits after thinking and processing what Verity told her. "Though I can certainly understand the desire for closure you can bring. There is little worse than being unable to find it after the death of a loved one." She seems to be familiar with the feeling, but does not feel sorrow over it any longer.

"What were you up to today, if you do not mind my wondering."
She asks, taking a look out the window when another peel of thunder rolls through. Her hand settles upon her sword once more, as if she was waiting for something to show up.

Inside Docks

"When you do speak to your superiors, please relay that there is a predator out here. I very much do not lie, and especially not about something like that." The Matron warns, frowning slightly. "And if they investigate, do not do it alone or unarmed, though it won't seek easy prey as it prefers a challenge. Unless hungry enough, that is."

When Henry asks her, she tilts her head and seems to trya nd concentrate while looking at him. "...I cannot sense anything, but if it is a matter of the soul or magic or a great curse, then perhaps a few might be able to help? At the very least, going along for a trip of projection with a Dreamer might very well let you see what bond it is for yourself?" She offers. "As such travel takes your mind and soul to other realms, anything attached might go with you. It would leave both you and it vulnerable though, so you would need to weigh the risks."
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Arkham Street]

"Leaving people to be killed usually only causes more work for myself", the man says flatly. Lia's admission of not knowing what pants or money are elicits a weary sigh from him.

"Observe."

He catches up to his horse and they continue walking side by side. As if following some unseen trail, the come to a dark side alley. There, he holds up a hand, the horse stopping on cue. "Tell me, can you see ghosts?", he asks on the side as he wanders into the valley, groping around in a pile of trash, then suddenly pulling another man out of the pile.

The other man looks quite out of it, hanging limply from Sandels's grip. Out of it, or dead.

"I guess these will have to do", Sandels comments, regarding a dirty grey overcoat and loose, urine-stained jeans the other man is wearing.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster
Pronouns: Any

Post by quillpleasant »

[Arkham Street]

Hyphaelia follows him, albeit a little warily. She wants to trust that he won't turn on her in an alley, but he hasn't been the most reassuring companion so far, and the discussion of killing isn't helping.

But still, she can't help but be intrigued. There's something undeniably thrilling about having absolutely no idea what's coming next.

"No, I can't see ghosts. I think my mother can," she says, a little confused. Is that a normal thing people can do?

Lia's eyes widen in surprised as Sandels hauls the shabby man out of the trash. How did he know where to find someone?

"Are you just...ripping off his coverings? Why can't you just grow more?" That's easy for everyone, surely.
horses can attack and eat me
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Inside Docks]

"I will relay this information to my superiors." The Matron might have noticed Michalson's habit of disguising his thoughts by simple, to the point statements. "I don't know how much of my soul is left at this point. I suppose I'll see for myself."

[Boiling Point]

So they don't know where to find the goddess or contact her. This gives Hiep some suspicions about just what her feelings about her would-be worshipers might be. Especially since she inherited them from her mother.

"That's not great. What's her name? And her mother's name? I might be able to find her this way."

Wait, when did they establish Hiep would go looking for her?
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Playground in the playground]

"I don't know if it's a bug or an insect I think it's called a kylder that's what it says when I check it with seering," Lapis replies as she watches the creature dig cautiously.

Has she encountered a thing like this before?

She's quite certain that she hasn't.

"I think these hurt people but it doesn't seem like it's worried about us I don't think but I don't know why?" Lapis wonders aloud.

Violence would mean it isn't a threat to anyone anymore.

But it isn't hurting anyone right now, either.

At least not yet.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Inside Docks

Henry shakes his head.
"No, that's okay then. Last time someone took a look at the curse it knocked her through a table and broke half her bones. Doing it while vulnerable will just make it more dangerous. Thanks for the offer, though."
He'd hate to be responsible for someone having their dreaming mind torn apart.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Arkham Street]

"If you mean, why I don't make my own clothes, it's because I'm too tired to", Sandels answers as he undresses the other man, "humans don't usually grow their clothes from their own body."

He sets the now naked corpse down and wraps the clothes in a bundle. "I think I'm going to wash these in the sea. There ought to be a dock nearby", he says to himself, before turning to look at Hyphaelia. "Well, your mom and me, are special that way. You'll have to tell me more about her. Now, if you'll excuse me..." He puts the dirty laundry on the horse and picks up his polaxe. As he faces the alley once more, the weapon shrinks and shrinks in his hands, until it is but a pendant hanging from a silver chain. Clasping it with both hands before himself, Sandels utters a short spell: "Reverse Path of Binding: Soul Burial."

Hyphaelia might feel a chill as a sudden gust of wind blows through the alley and tosses some trash around. Sandels holds his hands together for a half a minute, before lowering them and turning to leave. "We're free to go."
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Boiling Point
The cultists exchange glances. This is a risk. They know it. They can't just out and say they worship a demon queen, even a supposedly nice one. But on the other hand, what if this stranger can actually find her?

"Sekhmet." "And Sapphira, respectively."
If Hiep is up on the news, she might recognize those names. Especially Sapphira. It was a few years ago, but a demon queen by that name invaded Inside and got killed by Vigil. Sekhmet is smaller but more recent news. She hosted a fancy party (in Hell) not that long ago and made promises about rehabilitation for demons and damned souls.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

[Arkham Street]

"Oh. That explains a lot, actually. Wow, I didn't know humans were that inefficient," remarks Hyphaelia. She looks down at her own self grown dress, brown and tattered. She should probably molt and get a new one soon.

At the mention of her mom being special, she snorts. "You're nothing like her. If you were, I'd run away from you too." It's clearly a touchy subject. But Sandels probably knows all about touchy subjects and troubled pasts.

She watches wide eyed as the hollow man weaves his magic. She's no stranger to the arcane, but its still always fascinating to see; like watching an artist at work. She remains still and silent until he's done, unwilling to do anything that might interfere with the ritual.

When it's over, Lia smiles. "Where to next? You mentioned the sea, I've never been to one of those." She likes water though. It's one of the few things she needs to survive.
Hraithre
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Hraithre »

[Arkham Street]

The sea proves not to be much to look at. The weather is misty, so the horizon disappears into a wall of grey haze past the docks. The furthest things to be seen are blurred lights of beacons and ships returning to harbor.

Sandels find a spot where to climb down the harbor wall and under the docks. Kneeling on a rock that's only barely above the surface, he sinks the plundered clothes into the dark waters, scrubbing and twisting them furiously.

Nobody seems to pay him much attention, but some fish-eyed sailors give wary looks at Hyphaelia and the horse. One greying seadog draws a long breath from his pipe, then mutters some curse by lord Dagon as he blows out the smoke through his nostrils.

It takes some time, but when finished, Sandles squeezes his rags as dry as he can. He takes off his leg armor, tosses the pieces into the sea, then puts on the wet clothes. He's visibly steaming as he climbs back up.

"There's a few, more distant locales I haven't been to yet. If those prove fruitless, who knows, maybe we'll come back here and do some boating", Sandels answers Hyphaelia's question. When he pots the old seadog looking at them, he nods to him as a form of greeting or acknowledgment, then climbs back to the saddle. "So, you want to get back up, or do you want to walk?", he asks her.
quillpleasant
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by quillpleasant »

Gray misty weather is perfect for the mushroom girl. She follows Sandels down to the water's edge before wandering off a little ways away while he busies himself with washing. Stepping just into the murky water, she closes her eyes, temporarily rooting herself and drinking deeply. The salty brine makes her shiver, but it's nothing she can't filter out.

At the old mariner's mutterings, she cocks her head to one side. If the old ones are known here, she'll have to be careful. She tries to be as inconspicuous as is possible for someone with a large mushroom cap on their head.

As Sandels finishes, she uproots from the water's edge and walks to join him by the horse. She reaches out tentatively to touch the beast's flank. "I'll ride," she says. She's getting a little less wary of the horse now. It's still intimidating, but undeniably helpful. Clambering up behind Sandels, she grips his shoulders. "Lead on!"
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

Keeper wrote: Mar 08, 2023 3:13 am Cult Clash

G'nichi sighs and draws the exceptionally pink rod from the back of his belt. He waves it, and an exceptionally pink and frilly outfit materializes onto him.
He does not look happy about this turn of events, but raising the staff causes a wave of pink ribbons to explode out from a ball in the air and seek out the people committing violent acts and tie up their hands.
G'nichi really hates using this weapon. Why does the most embarrassing one have to be the most effective?
[Cult Clash]

The pretty pink ribbons fly around and tie up those being violent.
Knife-guy is tied! And, when someone is about to retaliate against the now-helpless attacker, they get tied, too! Several people get tied up and, realizing there's some big magic going on, stop what they're doing and try to flee. After all, if pink ribbons is the first stage of this magic, they don't even want to see what happens next!

Probably to G'nichi's dismay, however, the people who are standing around filming catch it all on camera and start looking around for the source of the ribbons, too.

Zophiel finishes closing up the stab-victim's wound. "If you're feeling good enough, now get out of here and find a hospital," he instructs.

He gets up, and looks around - actually pretty impressed that suddenly the violence was stopped!
He sees the source of the ribbons - Oh, G'nichi. Definitely helpful!
He gives a manly nod of acknowledgement to G'nichi.

Then moves on to the person who got kicked to make sure they're alright, too.

In spite of any potential embarrassment, the ribbons were really effective!
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Boiling Point]

The names don't tell Hiep anything. She hasn't been in the Nexus long enough to hear them. But the way the cultists said them certainly does tell her a thing or two. They're nervous. But given what they say about Sapphira, they've got reasons to me.

"I'll see what I can turn up. Where can I find y'all once I've got something?"
bc56

Post by bc56 »

Boiling Point
Another furtive glance, and an address is turned over.

It leads to an unmarked basement apartment underneath a strip mall, hardly a notable location. But that's for another time.
The cultists are dispersing gradually, only a few are left at this point. This conversation isn't nearly as interesting as the feud.

How in the world is Hiep going to fulfil this promise?
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Felandria wrote: Mar 09, 2023 3:56 am Fel hisses back and fires a few Magic Missiles at the beast.

She’s not gonna let these things hurt her Skitty.
[Down The Drain]

The ratroach takes a few missiles to the face and quickly decides it has better places to be. It scurries off down the tunnel, away from the door.

A quick look through the crack will show Skitty curled up in there, doing her best to stay small and quiet and out of reach of any predators. Such as the ratroaches.

Relatedly, off in the tunnels behind her, the sounds of scratching and scampering intensify with each passing second; Fel's not going to want to be here much longer.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Boiling Point]

"See you there. Hopefully with news that will make you happy," Hiep says, looking at the scantily-clad priestess and winking. Might as well lay down some groundwork.

Hiep has no idea where to start looking for Sekhmet, but it's not the first time she promised to do something without the faintest clue how. But she does have an ace up her sleeve. As she departs, she reaches out with her arm and a small spider made of living, gleaming emerald runs along it. It chitters at the Sidereal, hoping that this time she asks it a question it can actually answer. And one that doesn't concern alcohol.

"Yeah, don't worry. This one is actually important. Probably. Where can I find a deity named Sekhmet?"

The spider hums to itself for a while as it processes this information. The Nexus' weave of fate isn't what it's used to. But it seems that Sekhmet dwells in a certain seaside community. Finding her there shouldn't be difficult.

"The game is afoot, then. I'll ask her what she wants from her worshipers. But I get the distinct impression she'd rather they buggered off and did something else."

Hiep puts a straw hat on her head, mounts her deer and rides off.
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by [brackets lover] »

Rebonack wrote: Mar 09, 2023 7:28 pm [Playground in the playground]

"I don't know if it's a bug or an insect I think it's called a kylder that's what it says when I check it with seering," Lapis replies as she watches the creature dig cautiously.

Has she encountered a thing like this before?

She's quite certain that she hasn't.

"I think these hurt people but it doesn't seem like it's worried about us I don't think but I don't know why?" Lapis wonders aloud.

Violence would mean it isn't a threat to anyone anymore.

But it isn't hurting anyone right now, either.

At least not yet.

"Seriously? You can just analyze stuff like that? Sugoi!" Asami's eyes sparkle with excitement, glancing curiously towards Lapis. "Er, you wouldn't happen to know the Kanji for that, would you?"

Asami nods her head at Lapis' concern, observing the creature herself. "Hard to say, looks like its busy with something else? Hmm, we should visit a library and see if there's anything more we can find out about it. Your call."

Asami shrugs, turning her back on the kylder and gazing onward absent-mindedly.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Playground in the Playground

Now Asami has turned her back on the child-thing, she'll miss as it starts to pull the 'liner' out. It's not a liner, but a cocoon, or something like; a dark, rubbery pod that the kylder is dragging from the sand as something inside it is beginning to twitch. The kylder will clamber back up the side of the hole, looking down at the pod.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Halae
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Halae »

Wolfbane wrote: Mar 09, 2023 5:10 am Streetside Shrine

"Perhaps it is because I am an android, but I cannot say I have met much in the way of undead or ghosts. At least, not in any form I could recognize.
" Miyuu admits after thinking and processing what Verity told her. "Though I can certainly understand the desire for closure you can bring. There is little worse than being unable to find it after the death of a loved one." She seems to be familiar with the feeling, but does not feel sorrow over it any longer.

"What were you up to today, if you do not mind my wondering."
She asks, taking a look out the window when another peel of thunder rolls through. Her hand settles upon her sword once more, as if she was waiting for something to show up.
[Streetside Shrine]

"Investigating the local graveyard," Verity explains, "Seeing what lurks there. Nothing dangerous at this point, thankfully, though ghouls were there in the past, according to the local ghosts. Something about a small group of heroes going to clear them out."
Halae#9979 on Discord if you need me. I'm forgetful, so don't be afraid to ping me asking me to get to posting.
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Playground in the Playground]

"Yeah doing a scan is something any empyrean can do but seers are best at it because we get to learn lots of extra things about things and it's nice for helping us learn about things and if it's a bad guy how to stop it from doing bad guy things like this one doesn't like light very much I don't think and I think it's digging a big egg thing out of the ground maybe?"
Lapis rambles.

Is that an egg?

It looks like an egg.

Or a cocoon.

Like for a butterfly!

Of course Lapis is going to do a scan on the cocoon next because what else is she going to do?

"There's a library at Arkham Street that has books on lots of spooky things I haven't been there before but the Librarian doesn't like people like me very much but I think so long as I don't make any trouble he'll let us look at the books."
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Asami glances back at Lapis, remarking with excitement, "You're like something out of a Final Fantasy game..."

She then shakes her head, speaking in a more stern tone, "Don't be so quick to call it a 'bad guy'. That's a totally made up concept. Its a part of nature, so its survival is just as important as humanity's."

Asami then side-glances the pod, barely noticing the movement.

"If I were you, i'd go there as often as possible to try to bother them. Prejudice should not go unpunished. Also..." she cuts herself off, transmuting into a photon and then flying to the top of a nearby tree, returning to her humanoid form atop the branches. "We might not wanna stay too close to it."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Thursday Violist wrote: Mar 10, 2023 7:41 pm [Cult Clash]

The pretty pink ribbons fly around and tie up those being violent.
Knife-guy is tied! And, when someone is about to retaliate against the now-helpless attacker, they get tied, too! Several people get tied up and, realizing there's some big magic going on, stop what they're doing and try to flee. After all, if pink ribbons is the first stage of this magic, they don't even want to see what happens next!

Probably to G'nichi's dismay, however, the people who are standing around filming catch it all on camera and start looking around for the source of the ribbons, too.

Zophiel finishes closing up the stab-victim's wound. "If you're feeling good enough, now get out of here and find a hospital," he instructs.

He gets up, and looks around - actually pretty impressed that suddenly the violence was stopped!
He sees the source of the ribbons - Oh, G'nichi. Definitely helpful!
He gives a manly nod of acknowledgement to G'nichi.

Then moves on to the person who got kicked to make sure they're alright, too.

In spite of any potential embarrassment, the ribbons were really effective!
Cult Clash

G'nichi's outfit poofs back to normal as he awkwardly shuffles towards Zophiel, letting the tied up folks remain tied up. Hopefully Intersection takes care of them before the ribbons wear off.
"Um. Do you need any help with that?" he asks the paladin treating the wounded, though it seems like everything is in order now.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The kylder's lips twitch upwards as it looks down upon the cocoon, which is itself twitching rather more strongly now. The child-appearing monster squats on the edge of its pit, gazing down. It looks like something is trying to get out of the cocoon, whatever is inside ready to emerge.
► SHOW SPOILER

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

"What's a final fantasy?" Lapis asks in her usual utterly guileless way. She's never heard of that before! "I don't know that game but I do know the Game just not all the games is it fun?"

It sounds like it might be fun!

Fantasy is like what she plays with Lucy and Cora. Games of pretend.

Is final fantasy a game of pretend?

But then! There are strange ideas!

"No, bad guys are real the kylder is a 'creep' that means it's hostile and will try to hurt people and that's different from a critter critters are things that are passive and won't attack unless you hurt them first but I don't like using those words usually because it doesn't seem nice to call my friends critters. I don't think nature is really a real thing though I haven't ever seen one of those before I think maybe someone just made it up."

Lapis isn't even sure what a nature IS. She's heard the word used lots of different ways before but all of them seem like they're describing whatever they mean poorly.

"The cocoon is going to hatch I think?"
[brackets lover]
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

"Well, i'm glad you asked that." Asami taps away at her phone, before coming to a stop and looking to Lapis. "Catch!" She wouldn't exactly give Lapis much time to respond, tossing her phone at Lapis from atop the treebranch like a drunk high-schooler. Should Lapis hold the phone (the was case on, so it would be fine if it fell to the ground) in her hands, she'd see it open to Final Fantasy IV with the language set to english. "Touch the buttons on the screen with your fingers to play. Make sure to give that back to me when you're done playing."

Asami then side-eyes Lapis, shaking her head. "So we should be quiet right now. Save your curiousities for later."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

There's a wet squelch as a fist punches through the cocoon, belonging to something with red skin. The cocoon deflates as black goo spurts out, thick and viscous. especially as another hand appears and together they rip a hole wide enough for the cocoon's occupant to clamber out. They're mostly clean of the black goo; despite looking rather sticky, it wipes off the emergent kylder easily. The kylder in question is apparently a Slaughterer, with red skin, pointed ears and short, spiky red hair darker than their skin. They appear to be a girl, and emerge wearing a pair of brown corduroy dungarees over a yellow t-shirt, though they're also barefoot.

The first kylder will help the newly born individual out of the pit, demonstrating they are exactly the same height and have similar proportions, and then turns to Lapis and Asami to wave before taking the Slaughterer by the hand and walking away.

Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Not much time to react.

That's a fiddly concept, where Lapis is concerned. She always has plenty of time to consider what she's going to do, even if her choices aren't always the best.

Catching the phone is easy. Her motions are perfectly and precisely tuned to accomplish this task. It takes her a moment to realize and recognize what it is that she's holding.

"Oh! It's a Switch like Cern's!"

It is absolutely not a Switch like Cern's.

Lapis begins fiddling with it, not paying a great deal of attention to the kyldren. Or at least not appearing to. Both are highlighted in a bright orange silhouette visible through physical objects in Lapis' vision.

"Do you think maybe we should follow them they might try to hurt someone," Lapis points out.