Page 41 of 42

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 6:01 pm
by Shadowcaller
[Touring Inside]

The bark-skinned woman collapses backwards with the shovel still in her chest while the golem doesn't even spend a moment watching her fall. Already turning to face the last bark-man with the bleeding shoulder.
Which is when the creeping vines grab a hold of them.
They prevent them from going any further but they're resisting those vines with all their might. Seemingly driven by an obscene lust for these people's death.

As Eu approaches a few details become clear. First of all, there's a lot more going on with these 'bark-people' than at first glance.
They all look similar to elves and have black pupil-less eyes. Though more eye-catching is the fact that the front of their chests open up like the broken outer bark of a tree. Revealing a blue-greenish soft substance within. Almost like resin but a lot thicker.
It's not these creatures blood though as that's clearly black, as evidenced by it spraying out of the shovel inflicted wound when Eu arrives to tend to it. Their wound starting to close up again.

The golem also seems to be wearing a strange blue-tinted glass helmet which is mostly obscured by a liquid almost as black as the rest of their body. Tubes coming out from the helmet and leading into the golems back.

Seeing it isn't going to be able to reach the bark-man the golem inclines its head to Eu and shouts to her. "FOR ALL THAT'S GOOD, LET IT DIE!"

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 6:22 pm
by Rebonack
[Touring Inside]

Aivu!

Aivu is doing the healing.

Not particularly potent healing, mind. Actually rather minor healing. Enough to stop the bleeding and stopping someone from dying on the spot. Which is, apparently, what the golem was aiming for? "Letting people die isn't good! Usually!" Aivu objects.

"What the adorable little dragon said," Eu adds. "Sometimes there's a good reason to let someone die. But most of them time there isn't. What's going on here? Why were you trying to kill those people? And for that matter who are you all?"

She glances between each party, eyes measuring them carefully. Eu has always been pretty good at reading people. Especially people with wildly different body language than her own. She HAD to be since humanoid gestures and manticore gestures are pretty dissimilar. Speaking of body language, the follicles around her quills are flaring a little, causing the barbed quills to flare in and out and rasp against each other audibly.

Anyone who's familiar with manticore body language would recognize this as a warning. Eu's on edge and ready to start putting quills in something if the situation goes south.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 6:41 pm
by Shadowcaller
[Touring Inside]

The golem isn't struggling as hard now which means that the vines are slowly pulling it away as they're talking.
"If you let them live, every single living being on this plane will die or worse." The golem declares in an eerily calm tone.
Since yes, it isn't speaking in a monotone robo-voice. There's clear inflection here even if it sounds like they're talking through something. Making their voice sound slightly muffled.

It doesn't look like any of the bark-skinned people are in any condition to object to this narrative so the golem continues.
"And you will live with all their blood on your-" They gesture to Eu with two out of four hands yet pause for a moment. The very first sign that they even have a shred of hesitation in them. "-barbs?"

There isn't much in the way of body language to read from the three bark-people. They seem confused. Surprised even. Though their strange black eyes make it particularly difficult to read them.
The golem in contrast seem much more animated as they move all their four arms as they speak. Ironically making it seem more humanoid than the people it just attacked.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 7:11 pm
by Keeper
Touring Inside

Henry shakes himself and suddenly falls back into existence.
"Stop talking in Elf and actually explain what's going on. Vague portents of doom tell us nothing." he says snippily.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 7:21 pm
by Rebonack
[Touring Inside]

Eu just groans in exasperation, then gestures dramatically at Henry.

"Yes. Thank you. I'm accustomed to making choices that lots of people's lives ride on and it's important to know what's going on if you're making that kind of choice. So I'll ask again, what's going on? I need specifics. Why are you so insist on killing these folk?" Eu asks. "And as for you all, what have you to say on this? It's your lives on the line after all and you're just standing there dumbly."

A beat.

"And I do have hands. I get the idiom," she adds, wiggling her fingers at the golem. "No one is getting quilled unless I've got a clear picture of what's going on here."

Aivu, meanwhile, makes a disgusted face at the black blood. It looks gross! Usually things with black blood aren't very nice but it's best not to jump to conclusions.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 8:49 pm
by Shadowcaller
[Touring Inside]

The golem lets out a deep sigh. Though not one born out of frustration but rather exhaustion as the vines pull them into place. Whatever force that was driving them a moment ago seems to have suddenly run out and they struggle to remain standing.
It doesn't seem to find the words easily.

Which is when the bark-man suddenly seems to slip out of his state of shock. Though rather than words the first thing coming out of his mouth is more of that black blood. An oily substance which leaks down his chin as he finally manages to string some words together. "...insane, she's insane." He croaks out while slowly sitting down on the ground. "...and she's one of us too." Whatever that's supposed to mean.

"...infected. They're all infected." The golem finally states. "Can't be cured."

"More lies. All lies and insanity." The bark-skinned man insists with a sneer.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 9:09 pm
by Morty
[Arkham Street Manor]

"And why would this reflect poorly on the person who asked me to come 'ere?" Michalson is turning this information in his head ask the question. "I don't get the impression she's had a lot of choices about anything. Not until I met her."

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 9:23 pm
by Keeper
Touring Inside

Yup, they're all nuts.
"Infected with whaaaaat?" Henry asks slooooowly. "Use your wooooords."

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 10:35 pm
by Rebonack
[Touring Inside]

Definitely all nuts.

Aivu backpeddles away from the black gross slime. She knows from experience that undead bleed gross black slime everywhere and it always tastes awful and it can stain her pretty purple scales! And no one wants that. "I think they might be weird zombies they've got weird zombie gunk," the little dragon points out.

"Oh stars this isn't some sort of undead plague, is it? I hate undead plagues," Eu laments. "Ugh. Wish Seelah was here to paladin mojo you guys."

Unfortunately shifters don't get paladin mojo. If she needs to figure out whether or not she's dealing with undead she's just gotta religion at them so hard that she sometimes figures out what their deal is thanks to the spiritual rot they fill the world with.

"Aivu is right on the money, though, vomiting black slime is never a good sign. Hey Henry, you guys have a city guard or something, right? Do you think you can flag down a guard and get these people... guarded? Even if this was just a buncha crazy people scuffling they're probably still going to want to get to the bottom of it."

This situation is quite clearly off. And possibly bad. Magical plagues are just a pain in the butt. Thankfully there's healing magic for that and she and Aivu can pull off some of the lower end sorts with the amount of power she brought from home.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 25, 2023 10:56 pm
by Shadowcaller
[Touring Inside]

"With something bad. The oil. Get too close to it and you get infected." At this point the 'golem' attempts to stand up again and gestures to the black stuff that's coming out of the elves instead of blood. "But there's more, they're going to spread it across the city. You need to stop them."

At this point the still conscious elf stares at the 'golem' with pure malice in their black eyes. "Traitor." He hisses, baring his strange wood-like teeth into a predatory grimace.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 26, 2023 1:13 am
by Keeper
Touring Inside

"Yeah that sounds about right."
Henry whips out a small rectangular device no one else is likely to identify and begins talking into it.
"Hello, Intersection? I'd like to report a biohazard. I think they just came through. Yeah I'm at the shrine of the jade aarvark. Yeah I'm fine right now..."

Re: Inside

Posted: May 26, 2023 3:01 am
by Rebonack
[Touring Inside]

Yep.

Definitely sounds like some sort of evil undead plague. Cool, cool. So these creeps are basically ghouls. That's exactly what Eu loves dealing with. Good ol' ghouls. But!

"Wait you people have sending stones here? Just... around? Like anyone has them? It took a fortune to outfit my scouts with those things,"
Eu comments, curiously watching Henry chat on his phone. Chances are it'll be a minute or two before Intersection officers show up.

In the mean time?

Eu scrutinizes the ghoul.

"Traitor, huh? That pretty much seals the deal. So they're saying your a ghoul too, I guess? Did you manage to shake off the whole inherently evil monster thing somehow?"
she asks of the golem.

May as well make some conversation while they wait for the guards to arrive, right?

Re: Inside

Posted: May 26, 2023 8:12 am
by Shadowcaller
[Touring Inside]

"It's a long story and time is not on our side. They're using spores to spread it." They gesture at the discarded plastic bags pauses briefly and then point at the vines entwining them. "Can you release me now? I know where the other sites are and I can't wait around." They might not realize that Intersection arrives that quickly.

"We're trying to do good." The elf insists. "Phyrexia is a blessing, you know it is. So why are you doing this?" He asks as his voice gets strangely emotional. Sounding like he's about to break down crying since the golem just killed his pet dog.

The 'golem' stares back at the elf without saying a word. Eu (and Henry for that matter) might getting the feeling that if they released them now they would fly into another murderous rage against the elf.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 26, 2023 2:33 pm
by Keeper
Touring Inside

"Thanks." Henry says before hanging up. The phone returns to his pocket.
"I think some ponies will be here soon. Um. Yeah you can buy phones at a store.

Eu you can't say things like that."
he adds, not really explaining. Next she'll be saying kobolds are inherently evil.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 26, 2023 2:49 pm
by Rebonack
[Touring Inside]

Kobolds aren't inherently evil! It's just that the kobolds people encounter most often are unpleasant. The nice kobolds tend to just stick to themselves and don't bother anyone.

"What? That ghouls are depraved monsters that-"

A beat.

"Oh right, different cosmologies. I guess there are probably ghouls here that are, what? Heroic selfless knights or something?" she muses.

Definitely.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. "Magical ghoul disease is a blessing, right. I've heard that one before. And if they're using that stuff to spread the disease-"

Eu raises one hand toward the baggies, the ethereal butterflies dancing around her, and blasts them with sparkly rainbow wave of pure sacred freedom (somewhere high above a red tailed hawk screeches). Given the fact that this stuff is corrupting DOOM that probably enslaves the soul or some such nonsense the antithetical divine power will probably do a solid job of obliterating it.

"Going to need a good argument why I shouldn't leave you here for the guards and let them take care of the problem," Eu points out to the golem. She is, after all, on vacation. Sure sometimes you have to stop an evil plot by ghoul elves while you're on vacation but that isn't the sort of vacation Eu was aiming for.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 26, 2023 3:02 pm
by Shadowcaller
[Touring Inside]

The black plastic bags and their contents are blasted apart by the rainbow wave which evokes a cry of "NO!" from the elf. He tries to stagger back on his feet despite his injuries only to sink back down on his knees while letting out a cry of anguish. Black tears falling down his cheeks.

The 'golem' glances at him before turning their attention back to Eu. "Since I need to be able to show you, or these guards, where they are, aren't I? Time is of the essence here and there's more guarding the other sites than these creatures." They gesture at the elves.

The female elf appears to have started to open her eyes and starts to look around. The third elf, of undetermined gender, still lies on the ground unmoving.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 26, 2023 9:16 pm
by Thursday Violist
Keeper wrote: May 22, 2023 2:56 pm Cult Clash

"It's really quite the conundrum." G'nichi agrees. "I'm very proud of my armor. It's a symbol of my order and profession and very good at keeping me from needing a healer. But I also like being able to use my wings. And I can't really have both. Without some serious magic at least."
And the most magic person he knows is Syncope and he sure as hell isn't asking her for something like this. He'll end up in a death match against a demon or something in the process. Somehow.
[Cult Clash]

Zophiel thinks back if he knows any magic people. Yes, but they might not help and it's hard to give directions to find them, anyway. "Other than learning how to make magic armor yourself," Zophiel says, "maybe someone from your temple could help? There's probably at least one of them who knows enough about magic to solve the problem."


Earl of Purple wrote: May 25, 2023 12:34 pm The doll's tied to June's new ability to hold her breath! And possibly to other people, as well. Even if it's less useful for June, perhaps she knows someone who can use it?

Or perhaps they won't be able to, as if anyone else takes it, I'd like to be informed so I can provide a new roll. But for now, anyone she asks has no idea whose doll it is; one dog-like Ainok will remark that he thought it was June's already, and that 'it was waiting for her'.
[Doll - June]

While June can think of some people who might want to hold their breath, she's sadly not currently in contact with any of them.
She does wonder if it can help her go ocean diving, though. Ocean diving, at the very least, would help her evade cultists more easily.

Of course, she is a little weirded out by the fact that 'it is already hers' and '[the doll] was waiting for her. That's....weird. It seems like it'd make a nice pair with her sister's creepy doll, if she ever finds it again.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 27, 2023 12:57 pm
by bc56
April Foolery
Considering that all the furniture is on the ceiling, finding something to climb on us a little complicated.
But one object stands out: the bookshelf. Since it's significantly taller than the bed and has a natural ladder-like shape, if Nathair can jump up and grab hold of it, it should be possible to climb up and look under the bed.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 27, 2023 3:11 pm
by Hraithre
[Arkham Street Manor]
quillpleasant wrote: May 25, 2023 3:27 pm Lia's glare deepens. She takes a deep breath before replying.

"What you say is true, Sandels is a lying criminal. He's also boorish, callous, rude, self centered, and infuriatingly evasive at times. He's likely done worse things that I don't know about."

She pauses for a moment, fiddling with her dress. "And yet despite all this, I care for him. Beneath that grimy exterior I believe there is goodness in him. He watched over me at a time when I was very vulnerable, and he helps those who are near death and have no one else to turn to. Regardless of your arbitrary human laws, I do not believe that he deserves death, and so I ask that even if you insist on going through with this pointless duel, you refrain from dispatching him if indeed you are the victor. Which of course, you won't be." She inclines her head, hiding her face behind her mushroom cap.
Morty wrote: May 25, 2023 9:09 pm "And why would this reflect poorly on the person who asked me to come 'ere?" Michalson is turning this information in his head ask the question. "I don't get the impression she's had a lot of choices about anything. Not until I met her."
Hoshiki stares at Lia in silence for a moment. What has happened in such a short time to make this girl want to speak in the low-life's defense with such passion? Not sure if he even ought to respond to that, he turns to answer the detective again.

"The simplest possibility is that she was his partner in crime", he says matter-of-factly, "meaning she carries her share of fault for whatever is it that he did. Certainly, I cannot see a person acting this way if they'd been on friendly terms with me in my past life."

Re: Inside

Posted: May 27, 2023 5:48 pm
by Ironsmith
bc56 wrote: May 22, 2023 8:48 pm Making Trouble
Blank's right to not expect the pallet to slow the guards down much, it splinters as they crash through it. They'll remain close behind Blank, but now they're in the maze of crates and boxes, where the polearms' size makes them unwieldy.
The newly appeared figure is not noticed, for now.
[Making Trouble]

More importantly for Blank's purposes, the maze of boxes and crates adds some much-needed verticality to the chase. At a guess, those heavily-armored fiends probably aren't great climbers.

Unlike, say, a certain strigoi with a taste for rabbits.

Blank hops up onto the nearest crate, leaping up a distance about equal to the height of his knees before just as quickly hopping up again onto its neighbor, putting him above the guards' eyelines.

"Ha!" The strigoi crows from atop the box.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 27, 2023 6:11 pm
by bc56
Making Trouble
That's a clever move. Up on top of the boxes, Blank is safe...

Oh wait. He isn't.
One of the guards strikes the base of the precarious stack of boxes, causing the whole thing to shake dangerously. They might not be agile, but they're strong.
He lifts his fist back for a second blow, one that will almost certainly send the entire pile toppling over in an instant.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 27, 2023 11:22 pm
by Keeper
Shadowcaller wrote: May 26, 2023 3:02 pm [Touring Inside]

The black plastic bags and their contents are blasted apart by the rainbow wave which evokes a cry of "NO!" from the elf. He tries to stagger back on his feet despite his injuries only to sink back down on his knees while letting out a cry of anguish. Black tears falling down his cheeks.

The 'golem' glances at him before turning their attention back to Eu. "Since I need to be able to show you, or these guards, where they are, aren't I? Time is of the essence here and there's more guarding the other sites than these creatures." They gesture at the elves.

The female elf appears to have started to open her eyes and starts to look around. The third elf, of undetermined gender, still lies on the ground unmoving.
Touring Inside

"Okay yeah, that's all fairly sketchy." The ghost-lights have extinguished themselves by now.
"If you can wait five minutes the 'guards' should be here. They probably sent someone who can fly..." That is the advantage of Intersection incorporating Team Nightmaere into the mix.
Thursday Violist wrote: May 26, 2023 9:16 pm [Cult Clash]

Zophiel thinks back if he knows any magic people. Yes, but they might not help and it's hard to give directions to find them, anyway. "Other than learning how to make magic armor yourself," Zophiel says, "maybe someone from your temple could help? There's probably at least one of them who knows enough about magic to solve the problem."
Cult Clash

"My armor was made by the temple armorer, actually. I'm sure he would have mentioned it if he knew how to do something that convenient. It's alright, though. I have plenty of time to fix the problem unless someone succeeds at stabbing me. Dragons live a long time."
G'nichi is of course just saying that. Everyone knows there's no way in hell he's managing to live a long time with his luck.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 28, 2023 3:52 am
by Rebonack
[Touring Inside]

"Well, it sounds like the city guard will probably be taking care of this one," Eu says. "And considering how odd this place is I'm willing to bet the city guard can probably handle something like the odd magical plague."

A beat.

"You used an odd inflection when you said guards,"
Eu says, giving Henry a look. "I could hear those finger quotes. Are they NOT guards?"

And then some things happen.

First?

A ghostly image of color appears floating in the air nearby, words spelling out 'please stand clear' along with a glowing circle outlining an area about fifteen feet across. Along with the words there is ALSO a cartoony smiling pony face that looks like it would be used as an emote icon or something.

Second?

There's a low hum as loose debris begins rolling away from the center of the circle, cleaning it of random objects.

And finally?

There comes a bright flash and a loud fizzly magical PBZZZT! as five equestrians suddenly appear. All five of them are in the full suit Team Nightmare hazard armor in Intersection colors. Not part of the response team's actual bodies are visible. No tails, no ears, no wings, no nothing. They're all completely sealed mostly because biohazards are taken very seriously around here.

A unicorn, an arion, a thestral, a pegasus, and a kirin. A full squad. The arion is loaded out with several large discs that they begin unload that snap into the shape of containment pods large enough to hold a pretty good sized humanoid.

"Thank you, darlings, we'll take it from here," the unicorn says, her tone prim and sweet, stepping forward with an air of poise and supreme confidence. "If you could, I would simply adore it if you would take a few minutes to provide my dear colleague an account of what transpired here?"

She makes a gesture at the kirin who's approaching Henry and Eu and Aivu. Aivu is dancing her front paws in absolute glee. "Pony police!"

Re: Inside

Posted: May 28, 2023 4:27 am
by quillpleasant
bc56 wrote: May 27, 2023 12:57 pm April Foolery
Considering that all the furniture is on the ceiling, finding something to climb on us a little complicated.
But one object stands out: the bookshelf. Since it's significantly taller than the bed and has a natural ladder-like shape, if Nathair can jump up and grab hold of it, it should be possible to climb up and look under the bed.
Nathair eyes the bookshelf. Reaching it shouldn't be a problem, as he's fairly athletic, but he's a little worried about the shelves collapsing. Well, a few bruises is a minor risk. He steps back, then takes a running leap, grabbing on and hauling himself up to be level with the ceiling. Well, the floor. Unless something horrible happens upon contact with the bookshelf, he'll crane his head around to peer under the bed.

Hraithre wrote: May 27, 2023 3:11 pm [Arkham Street Manor]

Hoshiki stares at Lia in silence for a moment. What has happened in such a short time to make this girl want to speak in the low-life's defense with such passion? Not sure if he even ought to respond to that, he turns to answer the detective again.

"The simplest possibility is that she was his partner in crime", he says matter-of-factly, "meaning she carries her share of fault for whatever is it that he did. Certainly, I cannot see a person acting this way if they'd been on friendly terms with me in my past life."
Lia stares at Hoshiki with rising frustration. After actually taking the time to compose her thoughts and make an eloquent plea, he's just ignoring her?

"Cat got your tongue? I said 'could you refrain from dispatching him?' You're welcome to reply in the negative, but I do expect a reply."

She crosses her arms, distractedly drumming fingers on her elbow. "Regardless of my feelings, I also do need Sandels for a specific service. Losing him would not only impact my emotional well being, but a very important long term plan of mine, and I'd like to avoid that at all costs. Surely we can work something out. If you don't even know what exactly he did, why are you so dead set on going through with this?"

Re: Inside

Posted: May 28, 2023 9:29 am
by Shadowcaller
[Touring Inside]

The golem gestures agitatedly at this claim, seemingly unsure if Henry is talking about them, the elves or both. "Five minutes? How could you possibly-" And by the rules of drama that's exactly the moment the letters 'please stand clear' appear and a moment later the prophesied 'guards' do arrive.
"I stand corrected." They mumble in a much more subdued tone.
"If... if I had known the response would be this quick and through I would have done things differently. I am truly g-grateful." Their voice start to crack a bit but they quickly recover, wiping off what appears to be water dripping out of one of the tubes attached to their helmet.
At this point the male elf start a long profanity filled rant regarding the golem which hopefully the ponies can put a stop to before it reaches too many innocent ears.

The female elf seems to immediately try to make a run for it despite barely being able to stand. It can be assumed she's stopped at some point as she probably isn't even in the condition to crawl all that far.
"There's a lot I want to say but for now you need to know that these are all carry an mind and body altering disease and so is this suit." They gesture at themselves. "So don't get too close to me either until I can take it off which has to be under different conditions. But there are more infected in this city and they're preparing to spread spores through it which is why I had to stop them and which is why I ask you for a moment of freedom so you can take the rest of them out before disaster strikes."

Re: Inside

Posted: May 28, 2023 3:47 pm
by bc56
April Foolery
Nathair gets up onto the bookshelf and looks under the bed.

When you think of the monster under the bed, what do you imagine?
Tentacular arms? A too-long neck ending in a far too human face? Numerous tiny insectile legs for crawling on its belly? Something like that? Is that just me?

Anyway, that thing is there. But it seems to be asleep, the hissing sound being its slow breathing.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 29, 2023 4:47 am
by Gullara
Shadowcaller wrote: May 22, 2023 8:57 pm [Hospital Room]

Dena manages a weak hug in her current condition but a hug nonetheless since she makes up for it by making it long.
After a few minutes of just silently hugging Tina, Dena slowly lets go and nods to Kirk. "Yeah..." She doesn't manage more, her voice seemingly spent now considering how weak it sounds. She hoped her hug had done the talking there instead.
Murkus wrote: May 23, 2023 10:38 pm [Hospital Room]

"You just give us a call if you need anything, all right? And I'll be back in a while to sit with you." As soon as they can get Junior settled in the hospital nursery, she decides. "You know. Whether you're awake or not." She squeezes Dena's hand and rises to go, presumably with Kirk.
[Hospital Room]

"I'll be back alter. But you can let a nurse know you want me if you wake up earlier." Kirk says. Then he'll get up and go out with Tina.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 29, 2023 5:39 pm
by Keeper
Touring Inside

Henry waves to the ponies and goes up to the kirin as directed.
"My new friends here and I were visiting the shrine when we heard a fight break out. This person claims these plant-folk are carrying some sort of bio-hazard they plan on spreading everywhere. You should really ask them the details..." he explains. He doesn't entirely understand what's going on but luckily other people are here.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 29, 2023 6:02 pm
by Rebonack
[Touring Inside]

"That's basically what we got," Eu agrees. "We heard yelling and came around the corner to check it out. Lots of incoherent, cryptic warnings. But the yelling about traitors by the elves when the armor-guy starting talking about preventing infection sorta gave away the game."

Sounds like stories are being corroborated.

"Woah there little lady, you aren't going anywhere," the pegasus says, beating his wings to place himself in the path of the elf thing crawling away. "You're all going to be heading in for examination and decontamination. What exactly are we dealing with, Red?"

At that question 'Red's helmet pops open, revealing a unicorn mare with a crimson coat with chocolate-y undertones and am off-white mane. Her horn lights up with a muddy chartreuse glow, lifting up some of the black oil staining the ground and then she-

Licks it.

Eeww.

"Hmmm. What a unique boutique. Like Borg nanoprobes with a hint of mana-corrupting magic. Hardly the worst we've had to deal with, darlings, but still dreadfully serious," Red Velvet comments, her tone that of a genial connoisseur sampling fine wines. And then with a twinkle of magic she and the kirin begin loading the elves into the containment tubes. "A class five contact contagion. Be a dear and contact Switchboard. Let her know we'll need a cleaning and containment detachment."

At that the thestral nods while Red does some kind of... scan? Henry, Eu, and Aivu probably won't notice anything since they aren't infected with magical NANOMACHINES, SON. But the tainted elves and anything else with phyrexia devouring them will suddenly feel VERY keenly exactly where Red Velvet is, a greasy, crawling presence like worms slithering under one's skin. And in turn Red will be able to pinpoint them, as well. The reach of the divination is considerable, but not unlimited by any means.

"Soo... do we still need to stick around? Or can we go?" Eu asks.

Re: Inside

Posted: May 29, 2023 7:37 pm
by Morty
[Arkham Street Manor]

"Seems I might need to ask her a couple more questions." Bunny's motivations seem conspicuously absent from his reasoning. "This seems... like a complicated mess I've only scratched the surface of. And here I am in the middle of it."