Civiron's Realm

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

This is the land of Pinkness and happiness and flowers and cute puppies and some fluffy bubble fox dragons and a small town and some cool mountains and a lake and a forest and-

And this is a stub post, it will be filled in soon with actual info. But this post is being made to give Mee something to work from and improve, as well as give a light place for some RP from those that already know this place. And then a first post to update so everyone else can know too!

Locations inside the Realm:
  • A Town
  • Naku's House
  • Grace's House
  • The Lake
  • The Forest (houses Naku's House)
  • The Mountains (Houses an unclaimed and vacant castle)
  • The Hot Springs
  • The Flower Garden

Tags:
User avatar
FireFox
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 94
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:37 pm
Location: Vulpania
Pronouns: He/She

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by FireFox »

[Grace's House]

A foxboy walks up to the front door and moves the plastic bag in his right hand to hang from his left wrist. Then he reaches into his vest pocket and withdraws a lockpick and torsion wrench. Casually leaning against the door, pointy grey ears poking above short red hair to listen for sounds inside the house, he quickly picks the familiar lock again and lets himself inside. The thief slips his shoes off and silently searches for the homeowner.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Avatar by Pilot Anon
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

]Grace's House[

Grace is, in fact, in her living room! She's stretched out on her couch, idly flipping channels on her television. Definitely did not hear any of the lock picking, or silent steps of her . . . intruder?
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Planeside] Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Portal]

One sunny day, a swarm of goblins comes through the portal. This might normally be a concerning statement, but the goblins in question are decidedly on the small and young side. Small, excitable goblins have come to visit Civiron's realm.

They're being led by one older goblin and a gnome who have already been here before, Brinika and Cheasadh. There's also an even older goblin girl, in her late teens by the look of it.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Planeside] Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Portal

Cheasadh stands out a lot amongst the goblins. She's not the tallest in the group, even if she and Brinika are a few years older than most of her cousins. She is, however, the only blonde, and her pale skin is a European shade that wouldn't look out of place on a human. Her blue eyes sparkle over the large nose which dominates her face, and she's wearing a pink t-shirt and a matching skirt, with lavender ribbons keeping her hair in a ponytail.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: [Planeside] Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Aug 16, 2022 8:28 pm [Portal]

One sunny day, a swarm of goblins comes through the portal. This might normally be a concerning statement, but the goblins in question are decidedly on the small and young side. Small, excitable goblins have come to visit Civiron's realm.

They're being led by one older goblin and a gnome who have already been here before, Brinika and Cheasadh. There's also an even older goblin girl, in her late teens by the look of it.
Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm Portal

Cheasadh stands out a lot amongst the goblins. She's not the tallest in the group, even if she and Brinika are a few years older than most of her cousins. She is, however, the only blonde, and her pale skin is a European shade that wouldn't look out of place on a human. Her blue eyes sparkle over the large nose which dominates her face, and she's wearing a pink t-shirt and a matching skirt, with lavender ribbons keeping her hair in a ponytail.
"Naku. Naku Naku Naku Naku Naku Naku Naku Naku-" The pinked hair goddess repeated the name to her champion, who was just sitting down trying to braid her hair at a mirror. "Yes, My Lady?" She asks, sighing slightly.
"Naku Naku Naku WE HAVE GUESTS! OH MY GOSH WE HAVE GUESTS!"
"I- . . . would prefer if I could finish getting my appearance managed first."
"Naku no one is going to mind that you have earsies now. They're very cute."
"MY LADY THAT IS NOT-"
"You've been super self-conscious about them since you last went home. And I think they're adorable! And your tail wags excitedly when you get . . . well . . . Excited!"
Naku's reply was comprised of a blush and some sort of mumble to herself.
"And I'm going to go greet these guests.
And I know you. You aren't going to let me go unsupervised. So hey, come on."
Civvy offered her champion a gentle, welcoming hand. "On your feet~ You look lovely, and everyone's going to love you still."
Naku took the hand, her cool, snow white skin pale and gentle against the goddess' hand, and that tail that was mentioned, deep purple down towards the tip, ending in a beautiful crimson, does, admittedly, swish once behind her, as she stands up.
"Let's go meet some goblins~!"

~~

"HELLO WELCOME BACK OH MY GOSH" Civvy cries out as she and Naku just kind of . . . appear on the road to the portal. Civvy is dashing down the road, arms held above her head, so hemkin' excited to have guests again. "Oh my gosh you're all so cute I can't! Brinika! Cheasadh! Welcome back! I'm very very sorry for how long it took to let you two get a return visit, but it's wonderful to see you all!"

Naku has been following up behind, walking at a much more calm, serene pace. Tall, graceful, she remains pretty much the same as she's always been. Aside from a few minor additions. Atop her head sit two pointy wolf ears, the same purple as her hair, aside from the tufts of crimson at their tips. They twist this way and that, listening to just about everything around the vampire-angel-wolf-champion, while her eyes remain oddly unfocused on any one single thing; always remaining vigilant for anything that may come up.

Civvy is wearing just a comfortable t shirt, and a pair of sweatpants (all pink), whereas Naku behind her is in a somewhat fancy, but still comfortable, knee-length summer dress.
The realm is about as pretty as it's always been though! Birds chirping, flowers blooming, pink tints to many of the things, but not enough to be jarring. A flower garden that stretches to literal infinity off to the left from the portal, a town to the right, a lake ahead, and all far enough away to be a fun walk, and to offer distance between the landmarks, but never so far they can't be walked by anyone, if they want to.
Last edited by Mee on May 23, 2023 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Portal (Another Time)

Mist Anders arrives at Civvy's realm!
Well, it's probably Mist. Though last time Naku saw him he had brown hair, not black and silver. And he didn't look like he did so much running. And he usually wore a black coat, not a black scarf.
And also wasn't a horse with a silver-fox-like black and silver coat from the waist down.

But what's technically quintupling in mass between friends? Naku probably won't even notice. Probably. (Yes she will he's literally several feet taller).

Now he just needs to...find her. Which would be easier if he hadn't usually waited for her to visit him and knew where she lived in this place. Surely he can find her. He has developed a sudden knack for getting where he needs to go, after all.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Portal - The Swarm]

"Hi Miss Civiron!" Brinika knows Civvy is a goddess, but it's hard to treat her like one. She's just... a lady. A very nice and friendly one. Not that Brinika has a very good notion of how to treat gods. She can't imagine meeting the One Below or the Earth Queen like this. "We're back and we brought our cousins! And hi Miss Naku!"

"Do you have wolf ears?" a small goblin boy asks. He seems younger than Brinika and Cheasadh. "They look cool." The oldest girl follows behind him.

"I'm Iknika. Brinika and Cheasadh's cousin. I'm here to look after them, my siblings and the rest of the pack." She's a pretty teenage girl with light grey skin, pale red eyes and long, black hair. She's wearing a light blue t-shirt and a loose skirt. Under the sleeves of the t-shirt, her arms are muscular and toned.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Portal- The Swarm

It's also interesting to note how, despite being the only member of the swarm who's not a goblin*, how much Cheasadh fits in with them.

"It's great to be back here, Miss Civiron. Everything's always so lovely here." Cheasadh grins as she looks around at all the pink-tinged everything.

*Unless Tuskfang has been invited.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Aug 20, 2022 3:41 pm [Portal - The Swarm]

"Hi Miss Civiron!" Brinika knows Civvy is a goddess, but it's hard to treat her like one. She's just... a lady. A very nice and friendly one. Not that Brinika has a very good notion of how to treat gods. She can't imagine meeting the One Below or the Earth Queen like this. "We're back and we brought our cousins! And hi Miss Naku!"

"Do you have wolf ears?" a small goblin boy asks. He seems younger than Brinika and Cheasadh. "They look cool." The oldest girl follows behind him.

"I'm Iknika. Brinika and Cheasadh's cousin. I'm here to look after them, my siblings and the rest of the pack." She's a pretty teenage girl with light grey skin, pale red eyes and long, black hair. She's wearing a light blue t-shirt and a loose skirt. Under the sleeves of the t-shirt, her arms are muscular and toned.
"Oh that's wonderful!" Civvy hadn't quite been sure of the specific relation, but 'cousins' cleared that up for her! "Welcome welcome all of you! It is lovely to have you all!" Civvy stops fairly near to the Gaggle of Gobbos, "Well hello hello welcome all of you! It is lovely to have guests again! It's good to see you again that I've met, and incredible to meet you all, everyone I haven't met yet!"

Naku actually blushes a little bit. Her wolf ears rotate to and seemingly lock on to the direction the sound was coming from, as Naku clearly heard the statement. The battle scarred vampire actually found her cheeks reddening at the words from a smoll cute child.
Her tail even swishes once behind her. "I do. They are . . . new. Thank you. I . . ." she stops, clearly choosing her words, because for as much as Civvy has been trying to help her with social interactions, they remain one of her weakest points. Especially with kids. Doubly especially with complements. "appreciate that very much."
Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 20, 2022 4:56 pm Portal- The Swarm

It's also interesting to note how, despite being the only member of the swarm who's not a goblin*, how much Cheasadh fits in with them.

"It's great to be back here, Miss Civiron. Everything's always so lovely here." Cheasadh grins as she looks around at all the pink-tinged everything.

*Unless Tuskfang has been invited.
"Yay! I'm glad you like it here!" Civvy beams a happy smile at the gaggle, and nods a few times. "So! What can I do for you all?"
Keeper wrote: Aug 18, 2022 8:42 pm Portal (Another Time)

Mist Anders arrives at Civvy's realm!
Well, it's probably Mist. Though last time Naku saw him he had brown hair, not black and silver. And he didn't look like he did so much running. And he usually wore a black coat, not a black scarf.
And also wasn't a horse with a silver-fox-like black and silver coat from the waist down.

But what's technically quintupling in mass between friends? Naku probably won't even notice. Probably. (Yes she will he's literally several feet taller).

Now he just needs to...find her. Which would be easier if he hadn't usually waited for her to visit him and knew where she lived in this place. Surely he can find her. He has developed a sudden knack for getting where he needs to go, after all.
[Portal, Another Time]

Fortunately for Mist, he would not actually have to find Naku!
Naku is very much going to find him.
In fact, she likely already has. Mist may start to feel that he's just . . . being watched from the treeline. A few snapping twigs likely concrete that feeling. But as he keeps walking away from the portal, and that feeling of being . . . followed . . . well. Follows him, after a few more moments he would likely feel a small gust of wind brush past him, and then standing behind him is Naku! The puff of snowflakes still settling around her after she appeared, and her head tilted quizzically.
"Mist?"
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Mist turns, and immediately makes a high pitched noise, practically bouncing as he immediately trots right up to Naku.
”Oh my gosh hi Naku! You got cute ears!”
He immediately goes in for a playful flick of one of them, and then a hug. The last time they spoke he was much shorter than her but he’s getting used to suddenly being taller than everyone who used to tower over him.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Portal - The Swarm]

"Alright everyone, say hello to our host!" Brinika commands. She seems to hold some authority over the horde. There's a chorus of "hello" from the assembled goblins. "Well, we wanted to explore your realm. I remember there being a castle around here. Could we go there?"

"We wanted to ask for permission, but also directions," Iknika adds.

"Brinika and Cheasadh have a cousin who's a wolf-person too."

"Yeah! He's fuzzy," another young goblin adds. Presumably the first one's cousin or sibling.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Portal- the Swarm Pretty sure the cake isn't a lie here.

"I wanted to see all the pretty pinks again." Almost makes up for the fact that as one of the eldest in the swarm, she's supposed to keep an eye on them all to ensure nobody wanders off and gets into trouble.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Aug 22, 2022 9:44 pm [Portal - The Swarm]

"Alright everyone, say hello to our host!" Brinika commands. She seems to hold some authority over the horde. There's a chorus of "hello" from the assembled goblins. "Well, we wanted to explore your realm. I remember there being a castle around here. Could we go there?"

"We wanted to ask for permission, but also directions," Iknika adds.

"Brinika and Cheasadh have a cousin who's a wolf-person too."

"Yeah! He's fuzzy," another young goblin adds. Presumably the first one's cousin or sibling.
"Hiiii hi hi hi hello everybody I love all of you!

Oh! The old castle? Yeah of course and I would be delighted to show you the way!"
Civvy nods a few times, still happily smiling at the gaggle of gobbos, though her smile does turn to a slight frown. "Thouuuuuuuuugh, I do have to warn." It would be obvious to absolutely anyone who can read people, even on a surface level, based purely off of the way she's trying very hard to fake her frown, that she actually is tittering inside, trying to keep things from bubbling up, and maintain a stoic facade. "I hear rumor that the castle is actually inhabited by some kinds of nefarious beasties."

"Truly?" Naku asks, a ghost of a smile on her face. She had to admit, something about the exuberant rambunctiousness of the kids was definitely affecting her. "Well, I may certainly not be fuzzy, but I am sure I would enjoy meeting him."
Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 22, 2022 10:49 pm Portal- the Swarm Pretty sure the cake isn't a lie here. -- Civvy would never deliberately lie to someone

"I wanted to see all the pretty pinks again." Almost makes up for the fact that as one of the eldest in the swarm, she's supposed to keep an eye on them all to ensure nobody wanders off and gets into trouble.
"Of course of course of course! There's plenty to see! And you're welcome to as muuuuuuch as you want! Wherever! Especially if you, saaaay, wanna take Naku with you. You'll make sure all is okay!"
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Portal - The Swarm]

"Nefarious beasties?!" A rumble goes through the swarm, but all the goblins realize pretty quick that Civvy isn't serious. "Don't worry, we've got Iknika with us. She's a knight, she'll handle any beastie!"

Iknika's eyebrows and ears shoot up, but she manages to keep a straight face.

"Riiight. Yes, any beastie that tries to get them will have to deal with me."
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

[Mountains]

Not for the first time, Eos finds himself wondering if he should turn around and go back the way he came. He hadn't exactly called ahead to see if the goddess that rules these lands would be willing to take him as a guest. He wasn't entirely certain how. The gods outside his own world could be difficult to contact, and cryptic if he did somehow manage it.

So he's left wondering into a strange goddess's domain, hoping he can find her and ask for permission to be here before she finds him, a putrid little intruder. And that's when things could get ugly.

Not that he doesn't look like he belongs here anyway. The fresh-faced youth is dressed up in an ensemble of pink and gold; a salmon-colored hooded cloak makes up his outermost layer, worn over a set of golden armor, with a pair of gauntlets, boots, and a chestplate, skirted with vermilion cloth. The space between them is bound up in cotton-candy-colored bandages, wrapped tightly and bulging slightly every time he moves. A circlet of gold, inlaid with a large opal, rests on his head, between his scalp and the hood. Even the boy's face is pink, the exact shade of an embarrassed schoolboy... which is hardly a coincidence.

He moves slowly, softly through the terrain, every footstep carefully measured, so as to not disturb the locals any more than necessary. He holds his breath as he walks, as though certain he would call down Civvy's (or someone's, at least) wrath if it was heard. At the moment, he's trying to get down through the mountains without being spotted... though not likely with any luck.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Purple Countess
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: May 16, 2022 6:47 am
Location: Neo Africa
Pronouns: They/she

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Purple Countess »

[Forest]

Ah, the forest! A pretty and happy place, with animals frolicking about the grounds without a care in the world. One of those animals is not like the others, though only those with the power to would be able to tell! The being is playing with some little bears in bear form. Oh, if only Anika were here, she'd enjoy herself so much! And Lapis too. And maybe even Tusky!

Once the being is satisfied for the time being, it says bye to the bear friends and wanders off, transforming back into what the Nexus knows as Zabb.

It's a cute androgynous angel kid looking for who - or what - to play with next.
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 22, 2022 2:21 am Portal, Another Time

Mist turns, and immediately makes a high pitched noise, practically bouncing as he immediately trots right up to Naku.
”Oh my gosh hi Naku! You got cute ears!”
He immediately goes in for a playful flick of one of them, and then a hug. The last time they spoke he was much shorter than her but he’s getting used to suddenly being taller than everyone who used to tower over him.
Portal, Another Time

". . . Mist?" Naku asks, tensing slightly as Mist trots up to her. But she relaxes immediately after the hug. Though she huffs a bit as he playfully flicks one of her earsies. It twitches and swishes slightly in a circle. "I- . . . and you are. Quite different?"
Ironsmith wrote: Aug 25, 2022 7:21 pm [Mountains]

Not for the first time, Eos finds himself wondering if he should turn around and go back the way he came. He hadn't exactly called ahead to see if the goddess that rules these lands would be willing to take him as a guest. He wasn't entirely certain how. The gods outside his own world could be difficult to contact, and cryptic if he did somehow manage it.

So he's left wondering into a strange goddess's domain, hoping he can find her and ask for permission to be here before she finds him, a putrid little intruder. And that's when things could get ugly.

Not that he doesn't look like he belongs here anyway. The fresh-faced youth is dressed up in an ensemble of pink and gold; a salmon-colored hooded cloak makes up his outermost layer, worn over a set of golden armor, with a pair of gauntlets, boots, and a chestplate, skirted with vermilion cloth. The space between them is bound up in cotton-candy-colored bandages, wrapped tightly and bulging slightly every time he moves. A circlet of gold, inlaid with a large opal, rests on his head, between his scalp and the hood. Even the boy's face is pink, the exact shade of an embarrassed schoolboy... which is hardly a coincidence.

He moves slowly, softly through the terrain, every footstep carefully measured, so as to not disturb the locals any more than necessary. He holds his breath as he walks, as though certain he would call down Civvy's (or someone's, at least) wrath if it was heard. At the moment, he's trying to get down through the mountains without being spotted... though not likely with any luck.
[Mountains]

Oh, there is definitely no way he's getting down the mountains unseen, unfortunately. Or possibly fortunately, considering that this high in the mountains it certainly isn't blizzarding, but it is definitely snowing more than a bit.
Because there is definitely something stalking him. It's almost undetectable, doubly so in the falling snow, but the occasional brush on a branch, a crunch of snow beneath what could only be a foot, and maybe a fleeting shadow in the treeline.
Whatever it was, it wasn't attacking. It was simply . . . .
Watching.
Waiting.
Curious as to this intruder.

Purple Countess wrote: Aug 26, 2022 12:12 am [Forest]

Ah, the forest! A pretty and happy place, with animals frolicking about the grounds without a care in the world. One of those animals is not like the others, though only those with the power to would be able to tell! The being is playing with some little bears in bear form. Oh, if only Anika were here, she'd enjoy herself so much! And Lapis too. And maybe even Tusky!

Once the being is satisfied for the time being, it says bye to the bear friends and wanders off, transforming back into what the Nexus knows as Zabb.

It's a cute androgynous angel kid looking for who - or what - to play with next.
Weeeelllllll of people otherwise not engaged, Grace is around near the lake in the middle of town, otherwise a bit of looking could possibly find Civvy or Naku.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Mist blushes visibly.
"Oh well uh. Long story short I accidentally got a tiny little seed of divinity and I went to help the people its previous owner used to help and set them up with some new homes and they prayed a little and thought 'wow Mist we would love if you could take your predecessor's place and be a cool god who is one of us and protects us' and the seed kind of sprouted and made all that happen. And they're centaurs. So um. Centaur god."
He can do fancy god things like make the winds blow and hug animals you normally could never hug! Maybe one day he'll figure out how to make it rain.
"Uh. What about you? How'd you get the uh, tail and stuff?"
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Aug 26, 2022 4:55 am [Mountains]

Oh, there is definitely no way he's getting down the mountains unseen, unfortunately. Or possibly fortunately, considering that this high in the mountains it certainly isn't blizzarding, but it is definitely snowing more than a bit.
Because there is definitely something stalking him. It's almost undetectable, doubly so in the falling snow, but the occasional brush on a branch, a crunch of snow beneath what could only be a foot, and maybe a fleeting shadow in the treeline.
Whatever it was, it wasn't attacking. It was simply . . . .
Watching.
Waiting.
Curious as to this intruder.
[Mountains]

"Ah!" Eos starts as he catches a glimpse of something in the trees, before hastily covering his mouth. Idiot! That's just going to attract more attention!

The boy makes his way to a niche cave in the mountainside and slips in, quickly checking for any occupants before settling into a dark corner, nice and still.

Ignore it and it'll go away, ignore it and it'll go away, ignore it and it'll go away...
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Portal- The Swarm

"And maybe Naku, if she's coming along? And... uh, do you known how many of us there are? Everyone keeps moving so I've not been able to get a good count off." A trick learnt helping at the daycare, count the children regularly so you notice if any go missing. Though the way her cousins run around and cluster together has made getting an accurate count a bit tricky for Cheasadh.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
User avatar
Purple Countess
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: May 16, 2022 6:47 am
Location: Neo Africa
Pronouns: They/she

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Purple Countess »

Mee wrote: Aug 26, 2022 4:55 amWeeeelllllll of people otherwise not engaged, Grace is around near the lake in the middle of town, otherwise a bit of looking could possibly find Civvy or Naku.
[Forest]

Well, as it happens, Zabb would really like to meet Civvy. He's heard of her! She seems like she'd be fun. Plus, the concept of hope is something really dear to him.

So? Zabb sets off looking around hoping to bump into her!
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Aug 26, 2022 1:31 pm Portal, Another Time

Mist blushes visibly.
"Oh well uh. Long story short I accidentally got a tiny little seed of divinity and I went to help the people its previous owner used to help and set them up with some new homes and they prayed a little and thought 'wow Mist we would love if you could take your predecessor's place and be a cool god who is one of us and protects us' and the seed kind of sprouted and made all that happen. And they're centaurs. So um. Centaur god."
He can do fancy god things like make the winds blow and hug animals you normally could never hug! Maybe one day he'll figure out how to make it rain.
"Uh. What about you? How'd you get the uh, tail and stuff?"
Portal, Another Time

"Oh! I . . . see!" Naku takes a step or two back to look up at her old friend. She is by no means short, but Mist is . . . Very tall. "Well. Congratulations on your . . . elevation!" But then he asked about her own New Features and an actual blush crossed her face. "I, well, I appear to have nibbled on too many werewolves, in my time . . . And these appeared one day."
Ironsmith wrote: Aug 26, 2022 4:25 pm [Mountains]

"Ah!" Eos starts as he catches a glimpse of something in the trees, before hastily covering his mouth. Idiot! That's just going to attract more attention!

The boy makes his way to a niche cave in the mountainside and slips in, quickly checking for any occupants before settling into a dark corner, nice and still.

Ignore it and it'll go away, ignore it and it'll go away, ignore it and it'll go away...
Mountains

Well, two things make themselves clear in this moment! One, it was a good thing he ducked into the cave! It's quiet, and still nicely warm. But the snow picks up and starts howling outside as a blizzard moves in from . . . somewhere. But the other thing is that there is definitely something in that blizzard.
This last fact is made very obvious by the way a shadow falls over the mouth of the cave. Silhouetted, tall, imposing, standing in the entrance.

Well. At least the snow settles down slightly when the shadow falls? Almost like the blizzard was heralding the figure's arrival.
Morty wrote: Aug 25, 2022 6:03 pm [Portal - The Swarm]

"Nefarious beasties?!" A rumble goes through the swarm, but all the goblins realize pretty quick that Civvy isn't serious. "Don't worry, we've got Iknika with us. She's a knight, she'll handle any beastie!"

Iknika's eyebrows and ears shoot up, but she manages to keep a straight face.

"Riiight. Yes, any beastie that tries to get them will have to deal with me."
"Oh wonderful!" Civvy jumps a few times, clapping her hands together. "It may prove very challenging but I have a standing offer that whomever can clear it out is welcome to inherit the entire thing, if they so want!

And you know what! A castle would be a wonderful stronghold for a knight and her retinue!"

Earl of Purple wrote: Aug 27, 2022 3:26 pm Portal- The Swarm

"And maybe Naku, if she's coming along? And... uh, do you known how many of us there are? Everyone keeps moving so I've not been able to get a good count off." A trick learnt helping at the daycare, count the children regularly so you notice if any go missing. Though the way her cousins run around and cluster together has made getting an accurate count a bit tricky for Cheasadh.
"Naku will definitely be . . . a- . . . around . . ." Civvy steals a glance at her champion. "She'll definitely walk us all there! But she maaaaaaaay have something to take care of when we get there though! But I'll stick with you all! I can't fight though so it's all you guys!" And Civvy also rattles off the correct number of visitors! And just because Mee may not know, Civvy definitely does, since it's her realm and she's well aware of at least most things!
Purple Countess wrote: Aug 28, 2022 7:58 pm [Forest]

Well, as it happens, Zabb would really like to meet Civvy. He's heard of her! She seems like she'd be fun. Plus, the concept of hope is something really dear to him.

So? Zabb sets off looking around hoping to bump into her!
It may take a little bit, but Zabb will find Civvy in a rocking chair on the porch of a small cabin, near enough to the lake to be able to see it, but not on the shore. She's rocking slowly back and forth, a small, pink dragon curled up in her lap, and she appears to be feeding the little dragon . . .
Slices of sushi roll?
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Sep 02, 2022 4:36 am Mountains

Well, two things make themselves clear in this moment! One, it was a good thing he ducked into the cave! It's quiet, and still nicely warm. But the snow picks up and starts howling outside as a blizzard moves in from . . . somewhere. But the other thing is that there is definitely something in that blizzard.
This last fact is made very obvious by the way a shadow falls over the mouth of the cave. Silhouetted, tall, imposing, standing in the entrance.

Well. At least the snow settles down slightly when the shadow falls? Almost like the blizzard was heralding the figure's arrival.
[Mountains]

...Damn. It's not going away.

Eos huddles against the back of the cave, trying his best to appear very small and unimportant. Despite the relative warmth of the cave, he's still shaking and shivering as he watches the figure at the entrance, rubbing at his arms worriedly.

...Maybe this is the wrong approach. Clearly this thing is after him and it's too late to try to convince it that he's nothing it would be interested in. He should try something a bit more forceful.

"Go away!" Eos yells, the cave rumbling under his voice like a sleeping giant about to wake up.

As a number of stalactites drop from the ceiling and a rain of sand and pebbles trickles in, it occurs to Eos that this may have been too forceful.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Purple Countess
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: May 16, 2022 6:47 am
Location: Neo Africa
Pronouns: They/she

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Purple Countess »

Mee wrote: Sep 02, 2022 4:36 amIt may take a little bit, but Zabb will find Civvy in a rocking chair on the porch of a small cabin, near enough to the lake to be able to see it, but not on the shore. She's rocking slowly back and forth, a small, pink dragon curled up in her lap, and she appears to be feeding the little dragon . . .
Slices of sushi roll?
[Forest]

Zabb gasps happily once he's found her, and runs up to the pink ones. "Civvy! Hewwo!" He squeaks with a big bright grin. "I always wanted to meet the goddess of hope, they call me an angel of hope in GLoG so I thought maybe we could hang!" He chatters excitedly.

Then, to impress her maybe, he turns into a pink fluffy foxxo with ten tails!
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Portal - The Swarm]

There are thirteen young goblins in addition to Brinika, Iknika and Cheasadh. As many as there should be. Civvy can feel their small, dark souls (if they can be called that) easily.

"Then let's go," Iknika says, quirking an eyebrow and an ear at the promise of a challenge and claiming command of the castle. Probably just something Civvy came up with to entertain the kids. "There's nothing there we can't handle."

"Remember to stick together, don't fall behind and let us know if the sun is bothering you," Brinika tells her younger relatives. "Use your hoods and umbrellas."
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Hilariously, Mist is considered short by his new herd. But the height of a short person on a somewhat small horse is still taller than most people.
Hm. Naku seems pretty self-conscious about the ears. He better not make a big deal out of it.
"Well they're very nice. But I do have other very important questions to ask you."
He turns around, looking back at Naku.
"So do you think this spark of divinity made my butt look big?" Perfect. No way she could think about herself in the wake of that horrific line.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Portal- The Swarm (To the Castle?)

Cheasadh's soul is not dark, but might be a little stained. She still feels a little guilty over the actions of her father, and what she did to help him, although she's aware that she was a child and didn't have much choice or know any better.

"Yeah, and if you do get lost, stay where you are and call for help. Someone will go get you." Potentially Civvy, if it happens; she's already demonstrated the ability to know how large the group is and even Cheasadh gets a bit overwhelmed when they're all together like this.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Sep 02, 2022 11:04 am [Mountains]

...Damn. It's not going away.

Eos huddles against the back of the cave, trying his best to appear very small and unimportant. Despite the relative warmth of the cave, he's still shaking and shivering as he watches the figure at the entrance, rubbing at his arms worriedly.

...Maybe this is the wrong approach. Clearly this thing is after him and it's too late to try to convince it that he's nothing it would be interested in. He should try something a bit more forceful.

"Go away!" Eos yells, the cave rumbling under his voice like a sleeping giant about to wake up.

As a number of stalactites drop from the ceiling and a rain of sand and pebbles trickles in, it occurs to Eos that this may have been too forceful.
[Mountains]

Oh dear. They're probably going to hurt themselves by that. For a brief moment, the figure in the darkness' eyes glint and shine. Blood red, twin points of light in the otherwise dark of the outline. But then the figure springs to action, and lunges a step or two into the cave, to press a . . . well. It's a hand. With very very pale skin, painted, blood red nails, and quite pretty fingers overall, and it gets pressed to the roof of the cave, where a shimmering ceiling of ice spreads out, crackling and shimmering in the light from outside as the top of the cave freezes. The ice moves quickly, and catches the falling chunks of rock -- well, the ones larger than maybe someone's fist, which were still starting to fall. Dust . . . she wasn't gonna catch that's fine --, as well as lightly lighting up the cave through the reflecting lights.
"Please don't do that. Shouts can echo quite a long way up here." Her voice is fairly low in pitch, quiet, but quite clear (if a fun example is wanted!).

The hand that had pressed against the roof moves down, to pull the hood back from her face. And her face is actually quite lovely! With deep purple hair, those same red eyes that had been glinting moments before, blood red lips accentuated on her skin of the same shade as the snow outside, but the absolute star of the show are the earsies atop her head.
They twitch and flick to upright as soon as they're freed of the hood.
And they're adorable. Wolfish ears, same purple as the hair, save for the tips that fade to a very nice crimson.

"I am Naku. Who are you?" Her words may not have been the friendliest, but her tone was quiet welcoming. She's just . . . this is not her first language, and she has not mastered it quiet yet.
Purple Countess wrote: Sep 02, 2022 8:02 pm [Forest]

Zabb gasps happily once he's found her, and runs up to the pink ones. "Civvy! Hewwo!" He squeaks with a big bright grin. "I always wanted to meet the goddess of hope, they call me an angel of hope in GLoG so I thought maybe we could hang!" He chatters excitedly.

Then, to impress her maybe, he turns into a pink fluffy foxxo with ten tails!
[Forest]

The little pink dragon, no larger than a traditional house-cat, makes an undignified little skwark noise as Zabb dashes over. The dragon scrambles up, claws catching in Civvy's shirt -- but very very carefully never actual skin -- to offer better footholds as it spirals quickly around her neck, and then up the side of her head to sit on top, perching over like some kind of head-parrot-gargoyle.
"Of course we could hang out!" Civvy replies, taking another slice of sushi between her fingers, and offering it up to the dragon.
It takes a few more seconds of the dragon looking at Zebb, before it very very gently takes the offered sushi, and does its best to down the whole thing in one bite. It fails, but adorably.

"I'm afraid you have me though! I am indeed Civvy, and who may you be? I am afraid I don't recognize you off the top of my head? I've been . . . kind of in seclusion around just my realm for a while now."
Morty wrote: Sep 02, 2022 9:54 pm [Portal - The Swarm]

There are thirteen young goblins in addition to Brinika, Iknika and Cheasadh. As many as there should be. Civvy can feel their small, dark souls (if they can be called that) easily.

"Then let's go," Iknika says, quirking an eyebrow and an ear at the promise of a challenge and claiming command of the castle. Probably just something Civvy came up with to entertain the kids. "There's nothing there we can't handle."

"Remember to stick together, don't fall behind and let us know if the sun is bothering you," Brinika tells her younger relatives. "Use your hoods and umbrellas."
[Portal - The Swarm]

Civvy blinks a few times. "Oh if the sun's bothering you lemme know! I'll turn it down a bit." She blinks a couple of times, thinking absolutely nothing of the implications of her offer. "But yeah! This way! We get to go past the lake, an' Grace's house, an' the forest, and then up to the mountains! It's a nice little walk! And maybe if we see something we can get sidetracked for a bit!"
Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 03, 2022 12:13 pm Portal- The Swarm (To the Castle?)

Cheasadh's soul is not dark, but might be a little stained. She still feels a little guilty over the actions of her father, and what she did to help him, although she's aware that she was a child and didn't have much choice or know any better.

"Yeah, and if you do get lost, stay where you are and call for help. Someone will go get you." Potentially Civvy, if it happens; she's already demonstrated the ability to know how large the group is and even Cheasadh gets a bit overwhelmed when they're all together like this.
Civvy smiles slightly. "If anyone gets lost, I will go bring them back personally.
. . .
Or ask Naku to. She's really good at finding people!"
Naku sighed quietly from where she patiently stood. "So yeah! Off to the castle!"

And, unless otherwise stopped, castleward they go!

They pass by Grace's house, its owner out on a rocking chair, and waves to them as they go by. She's of slender build, average height, Perfectly Normal Human, with red hair, lime green eyes, and a tan she must spend a lot of effort on. She's reading a book, but sets it down to wave greetings at the gaggle of gobbos.

They pass the forest! And several sets of curious eyes look out at them, no doubt from the forest's local bubble fox dragons that live in there, though definitely at least one extra pair of something definitely feline, from much higher up in a tree. Nothing ventures out of the treeline, though Naku keeps an eye on it specifically.
Especially those feline eyes. Those paying very close attention may note the way those specific eyes closed up in the treeline in one place, and at the exact moment they shut initially, they opened again, nearly 50 feet down the treeline.
Naku definitely kept an eye on that one.


But then they arrive at the castle! Unless there were side trips which are very much welcomed and are okay!
The castle has had very little actual development, but features all kinds of castle-y things! Towers, ramparts, a large gate, a drawbridge, . . . This place was constructed by Civvy. And odds were good she had the storybook images of castles in her head when she made it; but she had definitely been in and around actual castles enough to know what made them structurally sound, actually work, and practical, in their own grand way.
Just . . .
Slightly more idealized a castle, than you may see elsewhere.
"And here we are!" The castle is high enough in the mountains to offer a breathtaking view, but not so high that there are any concerns of shortness of breath, or terrible winter storms. "The castle!"

Keeper wrote: Sep 02, 2022 10:00 pm Portal, Another Time

Hilariously, Mist is considered short by his new herd. But the height of a short person on a somewhat small horse is still taller than most people.
Hm. Naku seems pretty self-conscious about the ears. He better not make a big deal out of it.
"Well they're very nice. But I do have other very important questions to ask you."
He turns around, looking back at Naku.
"So do you think this spark of divinity made my butt look big?" Perfect. No way she could think about herself in the wake of that horrific line.
Naku blinks.
Several times. She clearly has no idea how to even begin with that. But, Mist was right. It did entirely rip her attention from herself.
"I- that-
You . . . No? I do not believe so? I am not well versed however."
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

[Mountains]

"E-eos." The increasingly pink-faced youth responds reflexively. He doesn't seem to be at all reassured by Naku's appearance; if anything, he seems more unsettled, pressing back further against the cave wall, which greets him with an avalanche of sand, giving way slowly and continuing to provide more room to back up. "S-stay back, I'm warning you! If you touch me you're going to be sorry- oop!"

Eos, it appears, has stepped on his own cloak and tripped backward, landing on the cave floor with an ominous thud.

And then a still-more-ominous crackle as a network of thick, dark fissures appear, radiating around from him.

"OhnoohnoohnoIamSOsorry-"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Post Reply