Civiron's Realm

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

"Of course hope exists without Civvy, like machinery exists without the Spirit in Gears or tyranny without Bane. But they're about spreading it. Making sure that people have it, y'know? Which is good for Civvy and the Spirit in Gears, but not for Bane, though he still attracts followers because tyrannies always have someone on top." Other gods are available, but as Civvy- her personal favourite- a goblin deity I could easily look up on Discord and describe and the deity whose faith she was raised in, these ones were first to occur to Cheasadh.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Apr 25, 2023 2:02 pm [The Town]

Eos opens his mouth to say that he very much doubts Civvy could give him a house that is large enough for him to stretch in, as that would essentially mean giving him a private mountain while simultaneously allowing him to stay in the town, before it occurs to him that logic and spatial reasoning do not seem to have constrained her already and she might very well be able to point him toward a house that is bigger on the inside (or something like that).

So closed his mouth goes, with a little clack of teeth hitting teeth.

Then, as it becomes clear Naku is still expecting an answer, he decides to try voicing this... a bit more tactfully.

"I, um... at full size, I'm quite a bit bigger than any of the houses I see here." He points out, making a small but sweeping gesture with his hand. "If I were to unwind even to a quarter of my true size, I would probably flatten this entire town... or at least, what I can see of it. I would, um, rather not do that, if it could be helped."

Was that tactful enough? It might not have been tactful enough.
[The Town]

Naku nods a few more times. "I can understand your concerns. But I will say that logic doesn't always play correctly here, and my lady failed Geometry. I can *assure* you, if you wish, or, as this realm may be," a bit of a wry grin crosses her face. "hope, as it were, to find a place that will fit you, I assure you we can find one. At least for the inside. I would like to politely request that you do not crush my town, please." Naku's entire tone seems to have shifted slightly, she's just . . . much more comfortable. Apparently she just needed some time to adjust to, and lightly get to know, Eos.
Keeper wrote: Apr 27, 2023 2:42 am Naku's House

As the husband of the Lady Danir, fey in his own right, lord of beasts, and guardian of the Black Herd, Mist Anders Danir will certainly-
"Gasp big kitty!"
Mist immediately goes to pet the big kitty.
He married someone with tiger legs, he can't hide his love of big cats.
Naku's House

Naku watches, and laughs slightly as Mist goes for the patpat. "Be careful, he may bite." She says, but with that smile still on her face. Uncia, apparently simply *delighted* to get pets, bats and presses his head against Mist's hand, purring hard enough to shake the heavily strained end-table he sat on. Meanwhile, Naku is peeling off her thin rain jacket -- okay truly she wore it more to keep the sun off, than for any actual risk of rain, but . . . -- and Mist may notice that her leather glove is actually a leather sleeve. It's fairly simple, plain, thin leather that runs up her hand, and up under the sleeve of her shirt, entirely wrapping her left arm up to . . . somewhere under her shirt.

Mist may notice a few things, depending upon if he's paying attention, or what sort of looks into things his new Job gives him.
Primarily, that Uncia is a bit of an odd duck, and that the leather of Naku's sleeve is actually werewolf leather.

"Welcome to my home." Naku, totally at ease, walks a bit into her house. It's well lit, with several windows visible from the entry hall, a large, curved staircase grandiosely at the back of the hall, and just . . . generally it's kind of what one may envision when one things 'Fancy Vampiric Mansion'. She walks more into the main of the entrance hall, turns, and holds her arms wide. "Welcome."

Though while it's large, it's fancy, it's definitely still being worked on, but it doesn't look . . . *lived* in . . .
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"Yeah, I think gods of things want to make sure there are more of those. But then the One Below just... is, from what the priests tell. They've been around forever. But Civvy is a really different sort of god. She wants people to be hopeful and happy."

This discrepancy is difficult for Brinika to square. Some gods are distant and silent, but Civvy is bubbly and friendly. Meanwhile, the owl fluffs its feathers some more and starts stepping back and forth on its legs. It appears to be engaging in a dominance contest with Khannie.
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Rebonack »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"I guess that's about right," Khannie muses, squaring her shoulders and making silly faces at the extra poofed up owl. She begins bobbing her head in a very silly figure eight sort of way. Yeah! Intimidating! Look at her head bobbing! "Inari is about gettin' more rice. And more foxes, too, I guess."

Alas, Khannie was included in the more foxes plot.

That's what she gets for spending so much time at the temple and leaving offerings for Inari sometimes.

"So is Civvy kinda like Keiko? A god that's just around? Like a regular person, except really powerful or whatever?" Khannie muses. "It sounds like the Dark One is REALLY different. But I guess that's the Nexus, yeah? There are all sorts of gods. Nothing's gunna be following the same rules."

Speaking of rules!

Khannie decides to CHEAT.

She makes a BIG and MISTY and ILLUSIONARY owl behind herself! Looming! And looking like an owl!
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

"I... don't know. I don't really know Keiko. I guess? Although this is her realm, so in some respects she's not just around- she's in a specific space." Earl has not done much to interact with the Temple of Inari, and the only scene there he remembers taking part in did not include Cheasadh.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Apr 29, 2023 6:08 am [The Town]

Naku nods a few more times. "I can understand your concerns. But I will say that logic doesn't always play correctly here, and my lady failed Geometry. I can *assure* you, if you wish, or, as this realm may be," a bit of a wry grin crosses her face. "hope, as it were, to find a place that will fit you, I assure you we can find one. At least for the inside. I would like to politely request that you do not crush my town, please." Naku's entire tone seems to have shifted slightly, she's just . . . much more comfortable. Apparently she just needed some time to adjust to, and lightly get to know, Eos.
[The Town]

"Oh, I won't, I absolutely won't, I swear to my father I won-" Eos pales. "...You're... being facetious, aren't you?"

Maybe not the right word. But hopefully she doesn't think he'd be so careless as to squish the town after all the effort he's gone to in order to avoid that one thing.

"...Sorry. I'm, um... not great with, um, irony." Eos grimaces. "Why don't we just, uh... take a look at some of those houses?"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"I don't think I know Keiko either. Or Inari. But I've heard of her." Brinika's ears twitch. "The One Below is a god from back home. They're... not at all like Civvy, yeah. More like a force than a person, I think. Just watching out for us from the dark. Waiting for us."

The owl backs away, humbled. It seems to be fooled by Khannie's illusion and has to admit that it lost the dominance contest.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Naku's House

Mist can tell that it comes from a beast, that a hunt was likely involved. But no, he is patron of travelers, not hunters. That was someone else. He can't intuit specifics.

That spiral staircase will probably present a problem for him later but they can cross that architectural means of ascending when they get to it.
"Well, the place is lovely, Naku. Few more windows than I was expecting really but still. Civvy really provides, doesn't she?"
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Apr 30, 2023 6:43 pm [The Town]

"Oh, I won't, I absolutely won't, I swear to my father I won-" Eos pales. "...You're... being facetious, aren't you?"

Maybe not the right word. But hopefully she doesn't think he'd be so careless as to squish the town after all the effort he's gone to in order to avoid that one thing.

"...Sorry. I'm, um... not great with, um, irony." Eos grimaces. "Why don't we just, uh... take a look at some of those houses?"
[The Town]

"I was." Naku admits, nodding once at the accusations of being facetious. "But I apologize. You have been nothing but a wonderful visitor, and have done nothing but work hard to ensure all is well. I do not for a moment believe you would actually destroy anything. I will avoid giving you a hard time.
. . .
At least until you have settled in and gotten more comfortable."
A wry smile shows one of the vampire's fangs, as she gestures broadly. "Certainly. Let us find you a home. Pick a direction that calls to you, and we can go explore. The sun follows a . . . I am told traditional rise in the west, set in the east, sort of style. So do keep that in mind for picking a home, as they will get different amounts of light at various times." And, presumably after a direction is chosen, the two can set off in a direction!
The houses are varied and unique, though with some repeating patterns. They're all visibly styled the same, and they could stop to peek inside any that are empty. There are houses close to others without much of a yard, there are houses with sprawling back yards, front yards, designed for space, or grounds keeping, tall houses, short houses, wide houses, near-mansion houses. Thee roads branch off in different directions, and each street seems to have a recurring theme; tall, short, overhanging top floors, particular styles to the windows, little cobble fences, full privacy fences, the longer one wanted to look, the closer to . . . whatever may be wanted, would be found.

And the town was always bustling. Not strictly always *busy* or crowded, but usually no matter how far they ventured, there were always people around. Little bakeries made the air smell delightful, several people came up to Naku to say something to her, usually just a hello, how you doing, but a few occasional thanks, even a gaggle of little kids that came dashing up, bright and cheerful, and handed the pair a couple of fruits! Eos gets handed an apple, should he want it, and Naku what is clearly a mango. Naku actually laughs, a clear, joyful tone, relaxed and happy, before shooing the kids off to uproarious giggles.
Then just bites into the side of the mango like it were an apple.
The children giggle quite a bit more, but Naku pays them no mind, as they keep walking.
Keeper wrote: May 03, 2023 2:11 pm Naku's House

Mist can tell that it comes from a beast, that a hunt was likely involved. But no, he is patron of travelers, not hunters. That was someone else. He can't intuit specifics.

That spiral staircase will probably present a problem for him later but they can cross that architectural means of ascending when they get to it.
"Well, the place is lovely, Naku. Few more windows than I was expecting really but still. Civvy really provides, doesn't she?"
Naku's House

"You . . . would not believe." Naku shakes her head slightly, lowering her arms and pacing around. She straightens a few things that had clearly been knocked over by a cat, petulant and upset at being left home alone for more than 17 seconds. "*Just* how many skilled craftsmen there are living here. Civvy appears to collect a good deal of them, and they tend to get . . . restless in their afterlives. They leapt at the chance of having an apprentice again. Civvy did not supply most of these." She looks around, proud at the time, energy, and effort on display. "I made nearly all of these. With their help and tutelage. They looked at it as as much a challenge, as I did look at it as something to learn. Something to . . . do with my hands that felt good. Positive. Anyway, come, come, may I please get you tea? Something to eat-"
"MROWRRRR"
"*You* have been fed." Naku glances up at her cat, who has settled near Mist on silent toebeans, pacing after the two, and maybe staying close enough to see if maybe more scritchies??? :eyes: Since Naku doesn't *EVER* give them *ANY* :pleading:
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: May 11, 2023 5:36 am [The Town]

"I was." Naku admits, nodding once at the accusations of being facetious. "But I apologize. You have been nothing but a wonderful visitor, and have done nothing but work hard to ensure all is well. I do not for a moment believe you would actually destroy anything. I will avoid giving you a hard time.
. . .
At least until you have settled in and gotten more comfortable."
A wry smile shows one of the vampire's fangs, as she gestures broadly. "Certainly. Let us find you a home. Pick a direction that calls to you, and we can go explore. The sun follows a . . . I am told traditional rise in the west, set in the east, sort of style. So do keep that in mind for picking a home, as they will get different amounts of light at various times." And, presumably after a direction is chosen, the two can set off in a direction!
The houses are varied and unique, though with some repeating patterns. They're all visibly styled the same, and they could stop to peek inside any that are empty. There are houses close to others without much of a yard, there are houses with sprawling back yards, front yards, designed for space, or grounds keeping, tall houses, short houses, wide houses, near-mansion houses. Thee roads branch off in different directions, and each street seems to have a recurring theme; tall, short, overhanging top floors, particular styles to the windows, little cobble fences, full privacy fences, the longer one wanted to look, the closer to . . . whatever may be wanted, would be found.

And the town was always bustling. Not strictly always *busy* or crowded, but usually no matter how far they ventured, there were always people around. Little bakeries made the air smell delightful, several people came up to Naku to say something to her, usually just a hello, how you doing, but a few occasional thanks, even a gaggle of little kids that came dashing up, bright and cheerful, and handed the pair a couple of fruits! Eos gets handed an apple, should he want it, and Naku what is clearly a mango. Naku actually laughs, a clear, joyful tone, relaxed and happy, before shooing the kids off to uproarious giggles.
Then just bites into the side of the mango like it were an apple.
The children giggle quite a bit more, but Naku pays them no mind, as they keep walking.
[The Town]

A direction that calls to him, huh?

Eos shuffles in place for a moment, as though grappling with indecision, but that doesn't last. The Thamar of Dawn could hardly have picked any way for "home" that wasn't east.

Or, wait.

Did she say it rose in the west here?

That... can't be right, can it?

Eos stops and turns around, looking back the way he came. If that's the case, then he's going the wrong way entirely. He should be going west toward the dawn.

But west is wrong.

But east is wrong.

But west is...

"...Buggeration." Eos grumbles to himself, gripping his forehead in frustration.

It's a paradox.

Of course it's a [rather discourteous term to use in Civvy's realm] paradox.

Eos stands there a moment longer, thinking and massaging his forehead. "Dawn" and "east" are mutually exclusive concepts here. He can't get both at the same time. So it really comes down to which is more important; the direction, of what's in that direction. If the sun rises in the west, he can still be over there and just call it east, right? Since east is just a descriptor. But if he lives in the east, he'll see the sun rise in the other direction and know he's still in the wrong place.

...Toward the dawn it is, then. Wrong though it still feels.

With that, Eos turns on his heels and starts back the way they came.

Fortunately, there seems to be plenty going on here to take his mind off the contradiction of terms. Such as, for instance, small talk with the townspeople, whom he keeps figuratively and literally at arm's length. And fruit! Or at least, he assumes it's fruit. Is it fruit? He probably shouldn't take that for granted...

cronch!

Yup, it's fruit. Delicious.

After a while, Eos stops and points to a house that seems rather awkwardly placed, with yards in the front and the back that are much too large for it, and sufficient clearance on either side to drive a large truck in circles from one yard to the other without ever touching the adjoining streets. For someone whose only parameters were "I need a lot of space", the home appears to be comically small.

So Eos thinks it must be bigger on the inside, by the warped logic that seems to run this plane.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Naku’s House

Mist takes a careful step to the side to properly wrap an arm around this poor miserable kitty who has been left purely bereft of snuggles.
”That would be very nice. I can eat just about anything. It helps that I’m full of nonsense or else is have to eat an awful lot of everything.”
Horses are big. Mist is glad he doesn’t have to do any grazing. He would find it a little embarrassing.
”Well the whole place is lovely. Which means we can call it a testament to your dedication.”
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Rebonack »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

Hah!

Illusions are kinda cheaty sometimes but they're GREAT for tricking your foes!

If one can really count some uppity owls as foes.

Which you probably can't unless you're a mouse or something.

"Did you guys meet Civvy while you were here last time?" Khannie asks curiously.
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth, The Trio

If the owl's big enough, everyone's a mouse. Especially Cheasadh and Brinika; they're small.

"We did. Her and Naku. That's how we came to find this castle, and get ownership of it. Though perhaps that's more Iknika's thing; she fought a monster here, I think." Cheasadh suspects it was more challenge than an actual threat, but she won't say as much to Iknika; it's still a worthy accomplishment, after all. "You know my magic stone? The one with the hole in that shows a view of a field of pink flowers if you look through it? That's out here." The stone's not been mentioned in a long time; Sophie found it whilst dealing with NarTheoLoq the first time. But I found it rereading the scene and cleared it with Mee.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"Yeah! She met us when we came here the first time, too. With Gara. And without all our cousins." Brinika is watching the owls, who settled down now, resting. "Gara is a big, pink fox-dragon. And Civvy's priestess, I think? I hope we can meet her again. Naku is like Civvy's right hand."
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Rebonack »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

Good thing it's just the idea of an owl then, isn't it?

Khannie perks up at the mention of GLORIOUS VALOR! "Oh? What sorta monster was it? Muta been no match for a knight like Iknika."

Granted, Khannie doesn't spend a lot of time with the older goblin. She's definitely got her own peer group that she sticks with. Also she's having trouble imagining what a fox dragon would be like. Like... one of those long snake-y looking wingless dragons? But with a fox head? Or something like that?

At the mention of the stone Khannie gives a short laugh. "I'm pretty sure you could look though any stone around here and see a field fulla pink flowers. This place has got those in spades."

That and snow.

"They sound pretty cool I guess. I'm kinda curious no what they're like. Compared to the foxes gods at Inari or someone like Fortuna, I guess," Khannie muses. "With Kieko you can just pray to her at the temple and shows up. I dunno how someone would be able to listen to all those people talking to them at once. Seems like it would make someone go crazy."
User avatar
Earl of Purple
Reborn Elder Poster
Posts: 1930
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 3:59 pm
Location: Amongst the Folk from the North
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

"I think she said an icy one. I didn't see it, I was shepherding the younger cousins with Brinika to keep them safe. And this stone with a hole in it shows a field of pink flowers when you look through it in GLoG, or Underside, or anywhere else. I'll have to show it to you sometime." It's a magic window, a portal except only for light. "On our way here for the first time, I saw a field, lined it up and it matched." Which Cheasadh was rather surprised by, really.

"I think she's a princess, not a priestess? Although she could be both." And it's possible that Civvy doesn't know the difference, and gives her priestesses a little coronet. "We could try praying to Civvy, see if she turns up?" Although it'd need clearing with Mee first.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"Iknika said it was a bit icy monster. She had to get behind its back and smash it with a hammer. She still has that hammer." Brinika nods vigorously. "It's cool and magic. But she also had to use her training and be quick on her feet. Good thing goblins are quick." She looks over to Cheasadh, ears flicking. "We could. I don't want to bother her, but if she doesn't have time to come, she just won't, right? I guess filtering out all the prayers is something gods have to know how to do."

[Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

Some time after the goblin clan claimed the castle, Iknika is sitting in the courtyard, deep in thought. The other goblins don't seem to be here at the moment.
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: May 11, 2023 2:07 pm [The Town]

A direction that calls to him, huh?

... Seekering of the Dawn ...

With that, Eos turns on his heels and starts back the way they came.

Fortunately, there seems to be plenty going on here to take his mind off the contradiction of terms. Such as, for instance, small talk with the townspeople, whom he keeps figuratively and literally at arm's length. And fruit! Or at least, he assumes it's fruit. Is it fruit? He probably shouldn't take that for granted...

cronch!

Yup, it's fruit. Delicious.

After a while, Eos stops and points to a house that seems rather awkwardly placed, with yards in the front and the back that are much too large for it, and sufficient clearance on either side to drive a large truck in circles from one yard to the other without ever touching the adjoining streets. For someone whose only parameters were "I need a lot of space", the home appears to be comically small.

So Eos thinks it must be bigger on the inside, by the warped logic that seems to run this plane.
Naku blinks several times at the outset of their adventure. She picks up on the term 'buggeration', even while having no idea what it means, "Are you . . . all right?" She asks after a moment, before they set out on their way. She may not have understood the word, but the tone seemed to imply something was up. "Was it the moving too rapidly?"

But then they walk! And find themselves at a comically small house. "This looks like a lovely choice! Plenty of space outside and . . . I dare not guess what may await us inside." Turns out Naku may be *just* as confused. Or at least mostly. She enjoys living here, but it doesn't always make *sense* to her. "After you~?" She gestures lightly towards the house, prepared and happy to follow along.
Keeper wrote: May 12, 2023 11:55 am Naku’s House

Mist takes a careful step to the side to properly wrap an arm around this poor miserable kitty who has been left purely bereft of snuggles.
”That would be very nice. I can eat just about anything. It helps that I’m full of nonsense or else is have to eat an awful lot of everything.”
Horses are big. Mist is glad he doesn’t have to do any grazing. He would find it a little embarrassing.
”Well the whole place is lovely. Which means we can call it a testament to your dedication.”
Naku’s House

While Uncia is *desperately* craving attention, because the cruel vampire that lives here has decided that it is Uncia's lot in life to suffer endlessly without *any* attention, or food, or water, or anything but the fur on their back, Uncia wasn't quite ready for a hug, and nimbly sort of wriggled and slipped free before dashing off around a corner and-
. . . is sudddenly just bopping their head against Mist's other side. Asking for pets again please.
But hadn't they just- on the other side- . . . ?

"Iiii can offer a good deal on tofu? Fried or otherwise? I had a visitor yesterday and she was adamant about her fried tofu, and I prepared the uncooked leftovers this morning, so they should still be quite fresh." And her cheeks actually blush slightly at that complement. "T-thank you, Mist. I appreciate that. I worked very hard on all of this." She can't even stop, fully, her tail from going swish swish swish through the air behind her.
Morty wrote: May 16, 2023 7:53 pm [Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

Some time after the goblin clan claimed the castle, Iknika is sitting in the courtyard, deep in thought. The other goblins don't seem to be here at the moment.
[Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

"Hello?" Naku says, a bit louder than was strictly necessary. Where has everyone been? She knocked on the front gate a few times, and went unanswered. Then it took her wandering in towards the courtyard, and she still hasn't found anyone . . . But the courtyard seems the most likely place to find *someone* . . .
She is, for one of the first times in her life, actually unarmed at the moment. Wearing a lightweight blouse, and a pair of fairly loose jeans, she hardly seemed more than just . . . another person.
Though the leather sleeve up her left arm, separate from the blouse, and covering her arm fully from fingertip to . . . up somewhere under that blouse, definitely stood out at odds with the rest of her outfit.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

"Oh, hi Naku!" Iknika looks up from her contemplation. She's leaning on the hammer she found in the castle. Seems she's quite attached to it already. "Most of my cousins aren't here right now. So I came here to think."
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: May 17, 2023 6:48 am Naku blinks several times at the outset of their adventure. She picks up on the term 'buggeration', even while having no idea what it means, "Are you . . . all right?" She asks after a moment, before they set out on their way. She may not have understood the word, but the tone seemed to imply something was up. "Was it the moving too rapidly?"

But then they walk! And find themselves at a comically small house. "This looks like a lovely choice! Plenty of space outside and . . . I dare not guess what may await us inside." Turns out Naku may be *just* as confused. Or at least mostly. She enjoys living here, but it doesn't always make *sense* to her. "After you~?" She gestures lightly towards the house, prepared and happy to follow along.
[The Town]

Eos takes a deep breath and opens the door, not entirely sure what he expects to find on the other side.

...Okay.

Except for not that.

Eos looks back at Naku with an expression of complete and total confusion, pointing at the dense forest of thick, pink, rope-like trees over his shoulder. "...Is that making any more sense to you than it is to me?" He asks, furrowing his brow. "Does... does her ladyship often put foliage of this sort in her homes?"

That almost makes sense, he thinks to himself. Civvy clearly enjoys gardening. And... pink, she likes pink. Pink trees almost seems to be the most logical possible extension of those facts.

Almost.

Eos frowns and steps into the forest, gesturing for Naku to follow. This place doesn't make sense, but it has his attention.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Mee wrote: May 17, 2023 6:48 am Naku’s House

While Uncia is *desperately* craving attention, because the cruel vampire that lives here has decided that it is Uncia's lot in life to suffer endlessly without *any* attention, or food, or water, or anything but the fur on their back, Uncia wasn't quite ready for a hug, and nimbly sort of wriggled and slipped free before dashing off around a corner and-
. . . is sudddenly just bopping their head against Mist's other side. Asking for pets again please.
But hadn't they just- on the other side- . . . ?

"Iiii can offer a good deal on tofu? Fried or otherwise? I had a visitor yesterday and she was adamant about her fried tofu, and I prepared the uncooked leftovers this morning, so they should still be quite fresh." And her cheeks actually blush slightly at that complement. "T-thank you, Mist. I appreciate that. I worked very hard on all of this." She can't even stop, fully, her tail from going swish swish swish through the air behind her.
Naku's House

Mist merely smiles and moves his OTHER hand to gently rub Uncia's cheeks, which cats at home at least generally like.

"Oh, another friend of yours? I'm glad that you're getting visitors. That's fine by me. I trust your friends' taste." he assures Naku.
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: May 17, 2023 5:56 pm [Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

"Oh, hi Naku!" Iknika looks up from her contemplation. She's leaning on the hammer she found in the castle. Seems she's quite attached to it already. "Most of my cousins aren't here right now. So I came here to think."
[Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

Aaahhhh. Naku nods once. And that would explain why Naku was suddenly here. Truly; her lady works in mysterious ways.
"Thinking can be healthy for you. May I?" Naku asks politely, gesturing at one of the courtyard benches. "What is on your mind? May I help?" She moves slowly, deliberately. The air doesn't cool when Naku enters the room, exactly, but there are what seems to be light little . . . glittery specs occasionally wafting through the air. Like snow, on an otherwise sunny, clear day. Definitely just a trick of the light . . .

Ironsmith wrote: May 18, 2023 2:07 pm [The Town]

Eos takes a deep breath and opens the door, not entirely sure what he expects to find on the other side.

...Okay.

Except for not that.

Eos looks back at Naku with an expression of complete and total confusion, pointing at the dense forest of thick, pink, rope-like trees over his shoulder. "...Is that making any more sense to you than it is to me?" He asks, furrowing his brow. "Does... does her ladyship often put foliage of this sort in her homes?"

That almost makes sense, he thinks to himself. Civvy clearly enjoys gardening. And... pink, she likes pink. Pink trees almost seems to be the most logical possible extension of those facts.

Almost.

Eos frowns and steps into the forest, gesturing for Naku to follow. This place doesn't make sense, but it has his attention.
[The Town]

Naku blinks. Several times. She is clearly just as taken aback as Eos is. "Not . . . that I have seen." She does follow though, and places a hand on one of the . . . . trees? "This." She purses her lips in thought for a moment. "This is not a tree . . ."

Keeper wrote: May 18, 2023 7:38 pm Naku's House

Mist merely smiles and moves his OTHER hand to gently rub Uncia's cheeks, which cats at home at least generally like.

"Oh, another friend of yours? I'm glad that you're getting visitors. That's fine by me. I trust your friends' taste." he assures Naku.
Naku's House

"Truthfully, it is good to *have* visitors. I do appreciate you stopping by.
And certainly. Please do feel free to come with me, or if you wish to entertain Uncia, I cannot remember the last time I even *glanced* at the poor dears."
Naku half rolls her eyes at the cat's antics, before moving a bit quicker, pacing off down a hall, towards clearly a kitchen.

Uncia puurrrrrrsssss and rubs their cheek gently against Mist's hand, happy to finally, for the literal first time in their *entire life*, be getting attention.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: May 20, 2023 6:15 pm [The Town]

Naku blinks. Several times. She is clearly just as taken aback as Eos is. "Not . . . that I have seen." She does follow though, and places a hand on one of the . . . . trees? "This." She purses her lips in thought for a moment. "This is not a tree . . ."
[The Town]

"Well, clearly they're not trees as I know them, but I don't know what else to call them." Eos says, stooping to examine one of the growths. "...They've got a pretty strange root network. It looks like they're buried in... some kind of soil that isn't really soil. It looks more like... frozen liquid of some kind? But not ice. It's too flexible to be ice." Eos frowns and tentatively pokes at the "soil", which gives under his hand, but springs back up once he takes the pressure off. "...I hope this isn't the entire house. I'm not sure how I feel about living in a bizarre forest like this."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

"Hmm. Maybe you can." Naku is a knight herself, right? Or something like one. And she doesn't know Iknika's situation so she'd offer a fresh look. "I'm training to be a knight. My family don't like it much but they accept it. But I'm getting older. I'm not a kid anymore. So I need to decide if being a knight is something I want for the long haul or just a hobby."
User avatar
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster
Posts: 3686
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:14 am

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Rebonack »

[Castle Pinktooth - The Trio]

"Ice monster, huh? Don't think I've ever seen one of those before," Khannie muses. Given the snowy theme of this realm Khannie is pretty sure it must have been made by the owner of this place just to give Iknika something heroic to do.

Khannie has, however, met plenty of other sorts of monsters!

...of course.

Khannie isn't counting herself here.

Arguably ghostly zoroarks ARE icy monsters. They just aren't Ice-Types. And Khannie doesn't consider herself a monster.

Monsters are like...

A way someone acts.

Not what they are. Someone can be scary without being a monster. But if someone acts like a monster THEN they're a monster.

"Heh, so a pink dragon princess who might also be a priestess. Wonder what she's a princess of?" Khannie muses aloud. Because if you're a princess you need to be princess OF something, right? Like there are a couple little City-States dotted around Outside. Some of 'em probably have princesses. Or maybe Gara is just a princess for the fun of it? That makes about as much sense as being a pink fox dragon princess.

"If we prayed to Civvy what would we even pray about? Like... hoping about stuff?" Khannie wonders as she cautiously tries to pet one of the owls. "Isn't that just how hoping works normally? Like... I guess praying is basically just hoping except you're hoping AT someone."

Khannie is definitely no religion expert.
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Mee wrote: May 20, 2023 6:15 pmNaku's House

"Truthfully, it is good to *have* visitors. I do appreciate you stopping by.
And certainly. Please do feel free to come with me, or if you wish to entertain Uncia, I cannot remember the last time I even *glanced* at the poor dears."
Naku half rolls her eyes at the cat's antics, before moving a bit quicker, pacing off down a hall, towards clearly a kitchen.

Uncia puurrrrrrsssss and rubs their cheek gently against Mist's hand, happy to finally, for the literal first time in their *entire life*, be getting attention.
Naku's House

Mist follows Naku into the kitchen. His hooves are shockingly quiet on the floor.
"Dears? Is Uncia multiple Uncias?"
Wow. That would mean Mist could be petting multiple big cats at the same time.
This sounds like a thing that could be happening right now but isn't.
User avatar
Mee
Just A Fox
Posts: 154
Joined: May 16, 2022 3:10 am
Location: 11235 8th Street, Civvy's Realm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: May 21, 2023 12:45 am [The Town]

"Well, clearly they're not trees as I know them, but I don't know what else to call them." Eos says, stooping to examine one of the growths. "...They've got a pretty strange root network. It looks like they're buried in... some kind of soil that isn't really soil. It looks more like... frozen liquid of some kind? But not ice. It's too flexible to be ice." Eos frowns and tentatively pokes at the "soil", which gives under his hand, but springs back up once he takes the pressure off. "...I hope this isn't the entire house. I'm not sure how I feel about living in a bizarre forest like this."
[The Town]

"No . . ." Naku murmurs, kneeling down to press her hand flat against the flooring. "No this is not ice. That . . . that I assure you." Naku frowned at the ground for a few more moments, then stood, and looked up.
". . . E-Eos. Eos look up." That was not a natural sky. Exactly how the ceiling was styled Naku couldn't quite tell from looking at it, but that . . . is no skybox.
Morty wrote: May 21, 2023 11:35 am [Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

"Hmm. Maybe you can." Naku is a knight herself, right? Or something like one. And she doesn't know Iknika's situation so she'd offer a fresh look. "I'm training to be a knight. My family don't like it much but they accept it. But I'm getting older. I'm not a kid anymore. So I need to decide if being a knight is something I want for the long haul or just a hobby."
[Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

Naku inhales slowly, then nods, slowly letting her breath out.
"I understand." Naku certainly wasn't a knight, but she has seen far far more than her share of violence in the past. "And I would offer . . ." She struggles visibly with her words, before settling on a course of action. She slips her right hand into the somewhat open neck of her top, and starts fiddling with something around her left shoulder. Probably undoing buckles, judging by the movements she's making? Maybe that's what's holding the leather up.
"A question of you. What would be your goals?" Her questions are somewhat direct, but still gently. She isn't being mean in any way, she just struggles to communicate occasionally. "If you made it your life. What would you dedicate yourself to? As an example, I work for my Lady. Occasionally, that is helping an orphanage plant flowers. Repair their rooves. Occasionally that is overthrowing a demon lord that set themselves as tyrant king.

What would be your goal? *Why* would you fight?"
Pop. Pop. Another pair of buckles unfastened.
Keeper wrote: May 22, 2023 12:14 am Naku's House

Mist follows Naku into the kitchen. His hooves are shockingly quiet on the floor.
"Dears? Is Uncia multiple Uncias?"
Wow. That would mean Mist could be petting multiple big cats at the same time.
This sounds like a thing that could be happening right now but isn't.
Naku's House

Naku siiiiighs as Mist was entirely correct. A second Uncia, **mrowling** loudly paces out of a room to Mist's left. Apparently having poofed away and let their . . . twin? approach from the other side. The first Uncia mrowls at Naku, and bats their head fairly hard against the back of her knee.

Naku sighs. "I apologize. I ruined your joke. I know it is your favorite thing to do to guests. And I have now *ruined* it, and am *incredibly* sorry." Naku speaks with the tone of one long, long suffering. "Pray forgive me." Her tone *hinted* towards sarcastic, but wasn't quite there.

Though now with Uncia being Uncias revealed, both of them slipped closer to Mist for pets and pats.
They're nearly entirely identical, and the sizzling of tofu covers up the *harumph* of the First Uncia as they made their way to Mist.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil
Posts: 2888
Joined: Aug 01, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: May 22, 2023 4:21 am [The Town]

"No . . ." Naku murmurs, kneeling down to press her hand flat against the flooring. "No this is not ice. That . . . that I assure you." Naku frowned at the ground for a few more moments, then stood, and looked up.
". . . E-Eos. Eos look up." That was not a natural sky. Exactly how the ceiling was styled Naku couldn't quite tell from looking at it, but that . . . is no skybox.
[The Town]

Eos's neck snaps back as he follows Naku's direction, squinting in an attempt to peek out through the foliage overhead. "...There's definitely a roof on this house, correct?" He confirms, rubbing his arms on his sleeves nervously. "Because that... looks like far too much space to-"

The Thamar stops and looks back at Naku, then at the "trees" around them and lets out a little bark of laughter. "...I knew it!" He chuckles. "Hang on a second, I'm going to just..."

And with that, Eos disappears into the trees, chuckling excitedly.

Shortly thereafter, the sky over Naku goes dark as a massive, reptilian head stretches out over her, connected to a serpentine neck and a large, mountain-like torso off in the distance, well beyond what would be visible from the pink forest.

"OOOHHH YYYEEESSS!!!" The massive dragon roars, waves of sound rolling through the forest like the winds heralding a typhoon. "SSSOOO GGGOOOOOODDD TTTOOO SSSTTTRRREEETTTCCCHHH!!!"
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
User avatar
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 2673
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - Young Knight]

"I don't know yet." Iknika sighs. This doesn't make her sound very serious or knight-worthy. "I want to dedicate myself to something, even if I don't know what. Being a knight speaks to me more than anything. I don't want to just vanish into the crowd. It's so easy to do when you're a goblin. But do I need to know what I want to believe in first? Or is it okay to go looking?"
User avatar
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: Jul 04, 2022 11:31 pm
Location: Brinstar

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Mee wrote: May 22, 2023 4:21 am Naku's House

Naku siiiiighs as Mist was entirely correct. A second Uncia, **mrowling** loudly paces out of a room to Mist's left. Apparently having poofed away and let their . . . twin? approach from the other side. The first Uncia mrowls at Naku, and bats their head fairly hard against the back of her knee.

Naku sighs. "I apologize. I ruined your joke. I know it is your favorite thing to do to guests. And I have now *ruined* it, and am *incredibly* sorry." Naku speaks with the tone of one long, long suffering. "Pray forgive me." Her tone *hinted* towards sarcastic, but wasn't quite there.

Though now with Uncia being Uncias revealed, both of them slipped closer to Mist for pets and pats.
They're nearly entirely identical, and the sizzling of tofu covers up the *harumph* of the First Uncia as they made their way to Mist.
Naku's House

And now Mist is petting two big cats.
It's pretty terrific, he's gotta say.

"Well I'm sorry to ruin your joke but at least I still have multiple hands to distribute pets." he says solemnly.
"So whatcha doin with the tofu? I admit I don't really cook with it much myself. But I never did much of the cooking at the Fox. Grandma Sora was the one who knew how to do stuff with it and she doesn't cook much anymore."
Post Reply