Civiron's Realm

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Mee
Just A Fox

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Feb 20, 2024 3:17 pm Farm

Gala seems confused. "Wait, is the drink what made you have that reaction? I guess I might have done something, but it wasn't on purpose...I guess I can probably take a guess that it was cream-based but I dunno?

And um yeah. I uh. Kind of got a bunch of power shoved in my lap. We've been theorizing if that makes me count as like- a very small goddess or something."

It has been a weird day, alright.
Farm

Ber'ri, well . . . bu'ries her face in her hands and lets out a little asdfglkjsdf noise, before just, quietly admitting.
"I-it . . . it was the milk.
Y-yeah.
That's . . . whay happens when I drink milk an- and why I don't usually. And suddenly my coffee was just . . . well creamed coffee."

Wolfbane wrote: Feb 28, 2024 5:13 am Farm

"You're saying that like it's a bad thing to be one."
Mom'ri tells Gala, humming as she turns and puts up a few more things in the cabinet. "Just don't let it go to your head, enjoy the power, bring happiness to yourself and others. What's the matter then? Afraid you might lose yourself?" She asks, seemingly insightful before turning with a small smile and reaching down to pat Gala on the head. "I get the feeling you're a good bean though. I doubt you'd do anything purposefully malevolent."

A thought seems to come to Mom'ri and she reaches into a bag to pull out a large bottle of mango juice. A trio of glasses are casually snagged from the cabinet and she pours the juice into each before setting two down in front of Ber'ri and Gala. "Something a little sweet. For both of you. <3" She says, smiling and practically speaking the heart into existence. Mom'ri seems to exist to dote on her guests, and happily so.

"Do either of you want a snack?"
"Yes please!" Ber'ri beams up at her mom, taking the mango juice and sipping happily at it.
Her tail swishes behind her.
Gosh she loves mango juice.
Morty wrote: Feb 20, 2024 6:29 pm [Uncia's House]

After a few incidents where she tries to find a vegetable and pulls out a weed, Iknika starts checking the plants quite carefully. Too carefully, maybe. But her usual brashness is tempered by a firm resolution not to disappoint Naku. So concentrated is she that she delivers fewer headpats to Uncia, even.
[Uncia's House]

Fewer headpats?!
But Uncia is wasting away!!! A shadow of his former self! Woe betide!!

But they do make it to the river, fairly easily! Even with a couple veggies in hand!

So the question, before they set back on the 10-15 minute walk is . . . how full is Iknika going to fill that bag? Naku had said maybe a gallon or so, and that bag could definitely hold significantly more!
So . . . how full was she going to fill this?

Uncia waits patiently nearly, tail tip swishing quietly behind him as he watches with his large, piercing, ice blue eyes.

Tags:
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[Uncia's House]

Iknika deliberates on this question for a long while. How strictly should she follow Naku's instructions? They could be trick instructions meant to teach her to think independently. Should she not bring more water if she can? But water is heavy; if she takes too much it'll weigh her down a lot. She finally resolves this indecision by taking more water than Naku instructed, but without getting close to filling the bag. She then heads over to Uncia and gives him some generous ear-scratches.

"Ready to head back? You've been such a great help, I'll be sure to praise you to Naku."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 02, 2024 12:13 pm [Uncia's House]

Iknika deliberates on this question for a long while. How strictly should she follow Naku's instructions? They could be trick instructions meant to teach her to think independently. Should she not bring more water if she can? But water is heavy; if she takes too much it'll weigh her down a lot. She finally resolves this indecision by taking more water than Naku instructed, but without getting close to filling the bag. She then heads over to Uncia and gives him some generous ear-scratches.

"Ready to head back? You've been such a great help, I'll be sure to praise you to Naku."
[Uncia's House]

Uncia lets out a happy little "mrowlurp" and rubs his head against her hand, basking in the very earned and worthy praise he had earned from working so hard!!!

The trip back is thankfully fairly quiet! But feels maybe a little longer than the trek to get the water. And gosh that water is fairly heavy. The path isn't hard, just . . . a bit long. Maybe a bit longer than Iknika remembered. Not worryingly at all! Just if she's not used to carrying that much of a fairly heavy material like water, she mayyyy be a bit winded.

Or maybe she's fine!
Either way!
They make it back home, and as soon as they get close to the house, Uncia darts ahead to go bat his head against Naku's shoulder, and rub against her back while ha paces around her once.

She's sitting outside, next to a small campfire she dug out of the snow, and got started while Iknika was away.

"Wonderful. Welcome back. How was the trip?" she scritchies Uncia's chin, and looks up and over at Iknika, smiling warmly.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Uncia's House]

Iknika does get a bit winded, but she's very stubbornly refusing to show it. She's not going to be defeated by water.

"Everything went fine. I got the vegetables and the water." She takes a few quick breaths. "Uncia was very helpful."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Farm

Gala seems to consider the question. "Well, I don't know. It just seems like a lot, you know?" And then she is pat on the head! Careful to avoid her horns! Gala might not even be aware she has them.
"Oh. Um. I guess I made it then? I guess ice cream magic just...put milk in nearby things where it would taste good?" she blushes. "That's uh. I don't know how to uh..." Yeah that's definitely a little weird.
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Wolfbane »

Farm

Mom'ri is perfectly adept at avoiding horns. After all, so many around her have them! "That is a perfectly good talent, Gala. Don't worry. I'm sure you will find a fantastic use for it. It may be overwhelming, but you'll adapt and be a fantastic little goddess~" She says, sounding 100% sure. From the warm glow that comes with her words, Gala might feel absolutely certain of it too now.

She puts up a few last things before taking a seat at the table and snuggling close to Ber'ri for a moment to give her another hug. "Anything else I can get for you two? I think Cattrina has some pizza rolls stashed away somewhere I can toss in..."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 05, 2024 11:07 pm [Uncia's House]

Iknika does get a bit winded, but she's very stubbornly refusing to show it. She's not going to be defeated by water.

"Everything went fine. I got the vegetables and the water." She takes a few quick breaths. "Uncia was very helpful."
[Uncia's House]

"Excellent! Tomorrow, then, you will fetch a bit *more* water than today.
And the day after, a little more."
Naku nods a few times. Carrying progressively heavier things is a *classic*.
"And I am glad he helped! Uncia is . . . a fickle being. But seems to like you.

Now, would you set up the water over next to the fire-"
Naku helps, though more in a directing way. Iknika was here to learn, so Naku certainly would help, but was going to let her do as much of the work as she could.
Once the bag was up on a tripod they had to set, Naku got to the next step!
"Now. We have a leather bag, and need to make soup. As such, do not put it directly over the fire. It will . . . make the leather unhappy. Instead," she slips a heavy glove onto her left hand, to reach into the fire, and pull out a decently large rock that has been sitting in the flame. "These. If you can, harvest them from the same source you get your water. You want large -- ish -- stones, wash them, then cook them in the fire until *they* are hot." with that, she expertly tosses the stone into the leather sack, and listens to the water hiss as the burning hot rock sinks in.

She then pulls the glove off, and hands it to Iknika.
"Metal pots are . . . significantly easier. But this is how you heat your water if you do not have one.
. . .
Though.
Do- do you have a heavy duty leather bag? I know we are using mine, but you should have your own."

Keeper wrote: Mar 08, 2024 5:21 am Farm

Gala seems to consider the question. "Well, I don't know. It just seems like a lot, you know?" And then she is pat on the head! Careful to avoid her horns! Gala might not even be aware she has them.
"Oh. Um. I guess I made it then? I guess ice cream magic just...put milk in nearby things where it would taste good?" she blushes. "That's uh. I don't know how to uh..." Yeah that's definitely a little weird.
Farm

"T-to be fair.
. . .
it *did* taste really good-"
Ber'ri admits with a bit of blush.
Wolfbane wrote: Mar 17, 2024 2:14 am Farm

Mom'ri is perfectly adept at avoiding horns. After all, so many around her have them! "That is a perfectly good talent, Gala. Don't worry. I'm sure you will find a fantastic use for it. It may be overwhelming, but you'll adapt and be a fantastic little goddess~" She says, sounding 100% sure. From the warm glow that comes with her words, Gala might feel absolutely certain of it too now.

She puts up a few last things before taking a seat at the table and snuggling close to Ber'ri for a moment to give her another hug. "Anything else I can get for you two? I think Cattrina has some pizza rolls stashed away somewhere I can toss in..."
Farm

Ber'ri *gasps*, her eyes going wide. "Pizza rolls please!! O-or at least for Gala. I think Cattrina keeps getting the ones with actual cheese on them, to avoid me stealing them.
. . .
Because admittedly,"
Ber'ri's blush comes *right* back. "admittedly I would."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Farm

Gala can't help but feel like maybe she's being treated as younger than she is but she can't really say it isn't kind of nice. And well, being immortal might mean her age doesn't really matter anyway?
"Well um. Okay yeah, sure." Gala stops to consider the lady before she works up her courage a bit.
"Ma'am, is there any room for me to work here? I just kinda became a magical goddess-person and I could probably use a job that suits me."
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Farm

Mom'ri considers the question of employment as she puts some of the snacks into the oven. They wouldn't take long, and she scratches at the base of her horns for a moment before smiling gently. "Yes and no. There is a place you can help out with but it wouldn't be the farm but is on the farm." She reaches for a little crystal bell and rings it. The bell is quiet, but a moment later the front door opens and a grimy and muddy catgirl peeks in. Cattrina's coveralls are half off, her top covered in a tanktop at this point, and she waves a pipe wrench. "Ya called?"

"Catty, is the old Schmidt's Place workable?" Ber'ri will know of it. It wasn't really owned by anyone and rested on the property as if it came with it. An old somewhat rundown mixture of silo and shop. The farmhand takes a moment, scratching her head. "...I suppose? Last I checked, the electrical worked, the plumbing was mostly okay, and apart from dust bunnies, nothing was living inside? I was planning on getting to the milk tanks within the next couple weeks to see if I could get them up and running."

Mom'ri smiles back at Gala. "What about that? Your own place that no one is using. It has a couple large milk tanks and a shop at the front. We can make a fair bit here, but you could sell a finished product. Or make your own. Or ice cream." She suggests. "It even comes with a residence in the back."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Mar 21, 2024 2:57 am Farm

Gala can't help but feel like maybe she's being treated as younger than she is but she can't really say it isn't kind of nice. And well, being immortal might mean her age doesn't really matter anyway?
"Well um. Okay yeah, sure." Gala stops to consider the lady before she works up her courage a bit.
"Ma'am, is there any room for me to work here? I just kinda became a magical goddess-person and I could probably use a job that suits me."
Farm

If Gala had vocalized any of those thoughts, Ber'ri would have explained that like . . . that . . . that's just her mom. You kinda get used to it, and it *is* kind of nice, and best to just relax back and enjoy~

Though Ber'ri does nod a few times encouragingly, as Gala asks! That can be hard!
Wolfbane wrote: Mar 27, 2024 12:07 am Farm

Mom'ri considers the question of employment as she puts some of the snacks into the oven. They wouldn't take long, and she scratches at the base of her horns for a moment before smiling gently. "Yes and no. There is a place you can help out with but it wouldn't be the farm but is on the farm." She reaches for a little crystal bell and rings it. The bell is quiet, but a moment later the front door opens and a grimy and muddy catgirl peeks in. Cattrina's coveralls are half off, her top covered in a tanktop at this point, and she waves a pipe wrench. "Ya called?"

"Catty, is the old Schmidt's Place workable?" Ber'ri will know of it. It wasn't really owned by anyone and rested on the property as if it came with it. An old somewhat rundown mixture of silo and shop. The farmhand takes a moment, scratching her head. "...I suppose? Last I checked, the electrical worked, the plumbing was mostly okay, and apart from dust bunnies, nothing was living inside? I was planning on getting to the milk tanks within the next couple weeks to see if I could get them up and running."

Mom'ri smiles back at Gala. "What about that? Your own place that no one is using. It has a couple large milk tanks and a shop at the front. We can make a fair bit here, but you could sell a finished product. Or make your own. Or ice cream." She suggests. "It even comes with a residence in the back."
Farm

Ber'ri had forgotten entirely that Schmidt's Place existed! She used to run around and hide in there when she and her sisters were kids.
"OoOoOOoOo yeah!" Ber'ri explains a bit to Gala, that "Old Schmidt used to rent it from us, to do a lot processing for us, into actual full products. But he retired and moved away. I can show you after some snacks if you want! It's like a 2 minute walk!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

[Uncia's House]

"Oh! Wenomir!" Naku had said, opening the door to her little cabin, deep in the heart of the frozen, snowed in woods. She pulled it open, and let the stoic warrior enter while cool air condensed and fogged around their feet, rolling deeper into the room, until it met and did battle with the heat from the fire, happily roaring away in the fireplace.
Until she shut the door behind him, anyways.

If he had worn one, she had hung his coat on the rack for him, while he pulled his boots off and left them near a magical boot-drying stone. Again, if he had worn them. It would dry shoes as well, if he so wanted! She gave him a quick tour, after she put a water kettle on to heat for tea. The cabin wasn't huge, and was best described as homey. It was clearly built by hand, by Naku, and just only for herself to live there alone. With just one large room, a kitchen, and a hallway off to the right (as you entered), with her bedroom at the end of the hall, on the right again, while the bathroom was on the left, and then a utility room was past it. There were a few closets scattered around, and if they peeked into her utility room, Wenomir would notice an eclectic little mix of things. A few plants, in the corners of the room, what seemed to be a pile of . . . stones? piled respectfully on another lower, flat, wider table in another corner, and then what must have been an old, somewhat battered, but full size Harpsichord in the last corner, taking up a large bulk of the room.

But, as the house really wasn't too large, it was back to the main living room, and the whistling tea-kettle. "If you would like to sit," she says, padding on entirely silent feet to the kitchen, to pour the cups of tea she had prepared earlier, "I will be with you in one moment."
True to her word, she arrives just a few moments after, respectfully placing the steaming and steeping cup of tea onto the little coffee table in front of him, before sitting down on another soft, padded chair, opposite him.

"Thank you for coming by. I had hoped that our meeting at the party would not be our last. And I am thankful you were able to come by.

Ah, and I forget if you have met. But this is Uncia,"
she turns to look at the snow leopard that just kind of appeared out of no where, even after the house tour, to nudge her elbow with their large snoot. "My warm, comfortable, and ofttimes bratty cat."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Farm

Gala looks a little intimidated at the prospect.
”Oh-oh dear. Um. Well I have a little bit of a business degree but I’ve never ran my own business before. This would be…more of an auxiliary thing to your farm? I can’t just zap ice cream into existence all the time. There’s going to be some trial and error. So if you entrust me with whole tanks of the milk that might not, well. Go right right away.”
That’s the hazard of working with a self-taught goddess of cream and ice cream.
”Oh, wait. What finished product did you have in mind that wasn’t ice cream?” She doesn’t necessarily have an in depth knowledge of how dairy farms work. She had been expecting to maybe be given manual labor. Or blessing dairy cows if that’s a thing she can do.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Uncia's House]

Wenomir doesn't really visit other people's houses often and he's never quite sure what to do with himself there. His own house is pretty bare for how long he's been living there - he's not good at filling up space. Still, he's glad to be here.

He blinks when Uncia appears. It's not easy to catch him by surprise, even for cats.

"No, I don't think we've met. Hello, Uncia," he says.
FireFox
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

[Uncia's House]

Uncia stares up at Wenomir judgmentally. Their eyes are colored a bright ice blue and show more intelligence behind them than a mere animal's would. A normal snow leopard has a grey colored coat adapted to the rocky mountains they hunt in, but Uncia's base fur is a pure white capable of blending into only untouched snow and bedsheets. A tiny few of those white hairs are crowned with gold, giving Uncia a bit of a randomly shimmering effect as they catch the light and move. Black spots and simple rosettes dot their whole body like a normal snow leopard's, yet a close observer may notice that a few of the ones on the large cat's legs and tail look like intricately detailed snowflakes. Overall, there's enough floof to support Naku's claim that Uncia is warm and comfortable.

Yet rather than greet Wenomir properly, the great snow leopard turns around and saunters out of the room. How feline, to be so ostentatiously unimpressed by their guest.

And while the two people are distracted by Uncia's dismissive departure, the second snow leopard leans over the coffee table to sniffsniff the teacup.
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 27, 2024 5:16 pm [Uncia's House]

Wenomir doesn't really visit other people's houses often and he's never quite sure what to do with himself there. His own house is pretty bare for how long he's been living there - he's not good at filling up space. Still, he's glad to be here.

He blinks when Uncia appears. It's not easy to catch him by surprise, even for cats.

"No, I don't think we've met. Hello, Uncia," he says.
[Uncia's House]

"They are-"
FireFox wrote: Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am [Uncia's House]

Uncia stares up at Wenomir judgmentally. Their eyes are colored a bright ice blue and show more intelligence behind them than a mere animal's would. A normal snow leopard has a grey colored coat adapted to the rocky mountains they hunt in, but Uncia's base fur is a pure white capable of blending into only untouched snow and bedsheets. A tiny few of those white hairs are crowned with gold, giving Uncia a bit of a randomly shimmering effect as they catch the light and move. Black spots and simple rosettes dot their whole body like a normal snow leopard's, yet a close observer may notice that a few of the ones on the large cat's legs and tail look like intricately detailed snowflakes. Overall, there's enough floof to support Naku's claim that Uncia is warm and comfortable.

Yet rather than greet Wenomir properly, the great snow leopard turns around and saunters out of the room. How feline, to be so ostentatiously unimpressed by their guest.

And while the two people are distracted by Uncia's dismissive departure, the second snow leopard leans over the coffee table to sniffsniff the teacup.
Naku's hand darts out, before she even turns back to look. Almost as though she recognized this maneuver and knew what the next step in the dance was. Like she's seen it before, at least a time or two. The moment that Uncia's long, swishing, flowing tail disappeared around the corner, she was in motion. She reached across, and darted her hand across the top of the tea she had just poured for Wenomir.
"Not for kitties." she half whispers, finally having a second to turn and look at those beautiful, soulful eyes that were curiously supporting the cute nose in sniff snoffing the tea. The tea was the same as Wenomir had tried at the beach; powerful, strong, slightly acrid, but with an undeniable subtle fruitiness to it.

And enough caffeine to keep a tired warrior going through near any situation.

Whiiich was why Naku was in a constant daily battle to keep Uncia from trying it. She has no idea what that could do to a cat.

"- . . .
A handful. At times."
though she does reach her other hand over to scritch the top of Uncia's head, her slender fingers disappearing into the softness of their fur.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Uncia's House]

Wenomir was observing Uncia's departure. He's mostly used to Cassandra's cat, who is far smaller and less aloof. Also-

Wait. The normally alert warrior does a comical double take when Uncia somehow appears next to him and sniffs at his tea.

"I can see what. How did they get here so fast?"
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

[Uncia's House]

Oh nyo! Uncia has been blocked from tasting the delicious drink! Nyaku cruelly claws at their sensitive head! It's so hard being a snow leopard living in a house. Uncia has it so rough here. But perhaps Wenomeowr can help? Yes, surely the brave hero will save them from this abuse!

Uncia leaps up onto the armrest of the swordsman's chair, perched precariously there while they look at him with blue eyes too sad to respect personal space. Won't he take pity on a poor, neglected kitty? Might he give them just a drop of charitea?
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am [Uncia's House]

Wenomir was observing Uncia's departure. He's mostly used to Cassandra's cat, who is far smaller and less aloof. Also-

Wait. The normally alert warrior does a comical double take when Uncia somehow appears next to him and sniffs at his tea.

"I can see what. How did they get here so fast?"
[Uncia's House]

Uncia truly is a mysterious cat!
"Well. Honestly . . . So, Uncia-" Naku starts, after a quiet little sigh. Not a sigh aimed at Wenomir, but a sigh aimed at Uncia. She knows they would be angy at her for spilling their secrets.

Thankfully!
She never got *to* spill those secrets!
FireFox wrote: Mar 30, 2024 6:21 am [Uncia's House]

Oh nyo! Uncia has been blocked from tasting the delicious drink! Nyaku cruelly claws at their sensitive head! It's so hard being a snow leopard living in a house. Uncia has it so rough here. But perhaps Wenomeowr can help? Yes, surely the brave hero will save them from this abuse!

Uncia leaps up onto the armrest of the swordsman's chair, perched precariously there while they look at him with blue eyes too sad to respect personal space. Won't he take pity on a poor, neglected kitty? Might he give them just a drop of charitea?
Because as Uncia retreated from the overwhelming, overpowering assault of the vampire. Safely pulling their head back with only some amount of clawing, then going to beg for help from the brave, heroic swordsman, Naku catches a face full of fluffy Uncia tail, interrupting her comment entirely.

But, hey, a face full of soft fluffy tail is a face full of soft, fluffy tail. For the few brief moments she can, Naku pat pat pats that cute, long, warm, fluffy tail, and honestly . . . all seems right with the world again. She has her new stoic bestie, her kitty whom she loves dearly, and . . . well. How Uncia moves so fast is *Uncia's* secret, right?

"Please do not give in, Wenomir. As I have tried to explain to them several times," Naku admits with a bit of a sigh, pulling her hand back from the tea, and changing to the immediate topic. "This tea is very very *very* strong." It's hard to tell, in this moment, whether Naku is directing this comment at Wenomir, or directly to the Uncia face in his space, in that way all cat owners seem to try to do. "And highly caffeinated. Bad for kitties."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Uncia's House]

By the Riddle, that's a very piercing pleading gaze from a very large cat. Wenomir's iron will might not have been enough to withstand it, if Naku hadn't spoken up.

"So I see. I've had to pull Coco back from a few things that are bad for raptors too. And arguably that's my job in Vigil too," he jokes. "Maybe trying to outwit Uncia could be good practice for my students."
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

[Uncia's House]

Wenomir must hold his students to very high standards if he thinks they can outwit the brilliant Uncia. The same Uncia who waits for him to look back at Naku and then shifts from snow leopard to catgirl in only a couple of seconds. Now there's a young woman sitting on his armrest, long pale legs stretching across his lap. Same ice blue eyes, same snow white hair down to her shoulders, same black spots on her rounded ears and fluffy tail, and definitely the same injured expression on her face.

"Do I look like 'kitties' to you, sir? Meowstress only denies me this tasty drink out of crueltea. Won't you please let meow try some of yours, before she locks me away~?"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Morty

Post by Morty »

[Uncia's House]

Wenomir stares at Uncia with his usual blank look he assumes when something happens that he doesn't understand. For all that his reflexes border on precognition sometimes, he doesn't handle surprises very well. He turns to look at Naku, in a faint hope she'll explain it in a way that makes some kind of sense.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

FireFox wrote: Mar 31, 2024 4:09 am [Uncia's House]

Wenomir must hold his students to very high standards if he thinks they can outwit the brilliant Uncia. The same Uncia who waits for him to look back at Naku and then shifts from snow leopard to catgirl in only a couple of seconds. Now there's a young woman sitting on his armrest, long pale legs stretching across his lap. Same ice blue eyes, same snow white hair down to her shoulders, same black spots on her rounded ears and fluffy tail, and definitely the same injured expression on her face.

"Do I look like 'kitties' to you, sir? Meowstress only denies me this tasty drink out of crueltea. Won't you please let meow try some of yours, before she locks me away~?"
[Uncia's House]

Ah.
Oh dear. Oh no. Oh beans.
Naku's eyes also widen a bit as she looks with surprise at that cool, breathtaking young woman.
She hadn't expected-
S-she hadn't warned-
. . .
Whoopsies.
Morty wrote: Mar 31, 2024 5:54 pm [Uncia's House]

Wenomir stares at Uncia with his usual blank look he assumes when something happens that he doesn't understand. For all that his reflexes border on precognition sometimes, he doesn't handle surprises very well. He turns to look at Naku, in a faint hope she'll explain it in a way that makes some kind of sense.
[Uncia's House]

Naku sits there, stunned herself. It takes a good few seconds of silence, and making wide-eyed eye contact with Wenomi, before she lets off a low, quiet string of another language. Japanese, if Wenomir spoke it, and something about Uncia, the capricious nature of cats, and something about beseeching her lady for patience and strength.
"This," Naku says, moving back in language, ". . . meet Uncia. She is a big fan of . . ." she struggles for a moment, parsing the terms. "'bamboozling', as my Lady would put it, newcomers. She is that cat. That cat is she.

. . .
Still do not allow her any of the tea though, please."

But also Naku frowns a bit.
"I- why would I lock you away-"
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

[Uncia's House]

When it becomes apparent that Wenomir isn't going to instantly leap to her defense or let her have his tea or even express a flustered reaction, Uncia sighs in disappointment and slips off his lap to stand with her hands on her hips.

"Nyot a catperson person, huh. You won't even share your convivialitea. Who did you bring homeow, Meowstress?" she pouts at Naku. "And why does he get to have catffeine and I don't?"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Morty

Post by Morty »

[Uncia's House]

By the Riddle, is she going to make cat puns every time she speaks? How rude would it be to point it out? Probably very rude, so he'll suffer in silence.

"It is... a pleasure. And a surprise. I'm certainly bamboozled, so your mission was a success."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

FireFox wrote: Apr 02, 2024 3:07 am [Uncia's House]

When it becomes apparent that Wenomir isn't going to instantly leap to her defense or let her have his tea or even express a flustered reaction, Uncia sighs in disappointment and slips off his lap to stand with her hands on her hips.

"Nyot a catperson person, huh. You won't even share your convivialitea. Who did you bring homeow, Meowstress?" she pouts at Naku. "And why does he get to have catffeine and I don't?"
[Uncia's House]

"This is Wenomir. He is- . . . a friend." It hits Naku that they didn't actually *talk* about much when they met, and aside from a shared, unbreakable bond of stoicism and scars, she uh . . .
Doesn't actually know a ton *about* Wenomir. Other than that she trusts him with her life; some bonds don't *need* further knowledge.

But she'll address that in a moment.
First, she has to answer why he gets catffe- *caff*eine and Uncia doesn't.
"Because, Uncia, the last time you had caffeine, you stole it from the bottom of my cup, when our Lady had called me out on an errand.
I came home, and you had gotten, as She is want to call them, 'zoomies'. You left claw marks in the wood flooring so deep that several boards splintered.
You *shredded* all of my rugs.
And you used the concrete pillar supporting our patio roof as a scratching post, damaging it enough I had to re-pour it. I still do not understand how you *managed* that one.

No more caffeine for you! Tobias was kind enough to enchant the new floor boards, but I would like to avoid a repeat."

Morty wrote: Apr 03, 2024 5:53 pm [Uncia's House]

By the Riddle, is she going to make cat puns every time she speaks? How rude would it be to point it out? Probably very rude, so he'll suffer in silence.

"It is... a pleasure. And a surprise. I'm certainly bamboozled, so your mission was a success."
With her little tirade -- and probably more words at once than Wenomir had likely ever heard her say ever *combined* -- over, Naku sighs slightly.
"Uncia, Wenomir. Wenomir, Uncia. If you would like to further introduce yourself?" Naku offers to Wenomir, both for Uncia's sake, as well as honestly her own.

"Either of you. Both of you."
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Farm

Mom'ri holds up a hand, counting her fingers as she lists off potential products. "Cheese, heavy cream, whipped cream, certain pies and breads, gelato, shaving cream, soap... The possibilities are endless, really." She points out with a smile as the oven dings and she leans over to pull out the snacks to cool. Yes, cool. She even readies a spoon to smack a hand if it reaches for the pizza rolls that are currently as hot as lava on the inside. "Don't worry about lack of milk. There is more than enough here." She insists as Cattrina pipes up.

"She's got a point. With some of the monsters I manage, there is more than enough to go around and it's more of a fear that there's product that'll spoil before it gets used. The trick will be the science to figure out what product is suitable for what you want to make or sell." Cattrina points out, arms crossed. "Besides, even if not, Mom'ri is too sweet for her own good and would insist anyway. She can be quite overbearing. Do not resist, you will be doted upon."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Keeper wrote: Mar 08, 2024 5:21 am Farm

Farm

"That's okay!!! There isn't any pressure or anything, and like . . . there'll always be some learning time, right? I can go with you, and we can like . . .
try some things. Let you . . . I dunno. Z-zap some tanks full? . . .
After we clean them. M-maybe you have something that can help clean it out faster?"

Wolfbane wrote: Apr 08, 2024 4:26 am Farm

Mom'ri holds up a hand, counting her fingers as she lists off potential products. "Cheese, heavy cream, whipped cream, certain pies and breads, gelato, shaving cream, soap... The possibilities are endless, really." She points out with a smile as the oven dings and she leans over to pull out the snacks to cool. Yes, cool. She even readies a spoon to smack a hand if it reaches for the pizza rolls that are currently as hot as lava on the inside. "Don't worry about lack of milk. There is more than enough here." She insists as Cattrina pipes up.

"She's got a point. With some of the monsters I manage, there is more than enough to go around and it's more of a fear that there's product that'll spoil before it gets used. The trick will be the science to figure out what product is suitable for what you want to make or sell." Cattrina points out, arms crossed. "Besides, even if not, Mom'ri is too sweet for her own good and would insist anyway. She can be quite overbearing. Do not resist, you will be doted upon."
Ber'ri nod nod nods a few times, but tries to remain as smoll and invisible as she can.
No one would ever catch her. None could see her when sh-ow ow ow ow ow-
Okay that spoon is still wicked fast t.t

"Y-yeah." Ber'ri agrees, rubbing the back of her hand slightly (far too exaggeratedly for the little bap Mom'ri gave her, but it was an intricate dance between the two by this point), "The sky is pretty much the limit!!"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Farm

"Well, if you're willing to help me experiment for a while Ber'ri, I would appreciate the company." And the support mostly. Because she knows she's going to mess something up.
"And well, gelato is my favorite, but-" Gala is immediately distracted by something.
"Monsters? You have like, monster milk?" What would that even be?
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Farm

Ber'ri gets her hair ruffled my Mom'ri as a plate of food is placed in front of her and another in front of Gala. "Careful, they're still a lil' hot." She warns as Cattrina waves off the food herself, not particularly hungry. "The tanks will need cleaned, probably some seals replaced and pumps checked, but I can help with pretty much all of that." Cattrina explains, looking thoughtful. "Basic sterilization equipment isn't too difficult to get a hold on, and that's only if your magic doesn't have a way to deal with it. Other than that, maybe just research how to Pasteurize something and even that isn't really needed. I think I even have a cheese press somewhere sitting around."

The question of monsters makes Cattrina hesitate for a moment. "Well, I have monsters. Not many, really. My personal ranch is made for Monster Rehabilitation, Alchemical Regents, and...well, Studding." She says, entirely unashamed by the last one. "I collect what I can without harming them and they get to wander around without worry about getting hunted down. Some are a little tricky to take care of, but as long as you pay attention when they get aggressive and stay away, you're pretty well off. A couple things get territorial like the Alarune, but most are just happy and content. The studding part is just like other folks do with bulls and stallions. Proper bloodlines and records are a big deal and pay more than the rest of my ranch combined. Other than that, I get to collect fur that's shaved off, exotic milks, eggs, excess horns, nectars, and I've even a couple dozen slimes out there free-ranging that produce anything from industrial lubricant to potent acid. Oh, and a mimic, but it's domesticated."