Civiron's Realm

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

Cheasadh would have her own suggestions, but they'd be stuff like Pinkside or Fort Happy. For now, she's continuing to stroke the tiny dragon and perhaps try to calm it from all the bouncy cousins being loud and boisterous.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Jan 04, 2023 9:09 am [Mountains]

No wonder Eos's destructive magic is comparatively muted here. Similarly destructive forces, such as basic logic and spatial reasoning, also seem to be quite diminished.

Eos hesitates for a moment, processing what Naku just said, before giving a little nod and gently grabbing ahold of her hand. "...We shall." He say finally.
[Mountains]

Civvy would argue basic logic is, admittedly, really hard. It's really not her strong suit. At all.
Why did it have to be so hard?

Naku nods once, takes his hand in hers, and everything kind of just blinks. One second, there Eos was, feeling the callouses on Naku's hand as their fingers touched, and then . . .

Flower garden.
It's a lot of pink in this garden. Though with enough purples, whites, yellows, and oranges -- and the green of stems! -- to avoid washing the place out entirely.

Civvy's also here! Incredibly and unfairly cute, with link pink hair, light pink eyes, a light pink dress, light pink gardening gloves, light pink- . . .
. . .
she really likes pink. "OH HI YOU TWO WELCOME HOW YOU DOING I'M JUST WATERING THE PLANTS YOU MUST BE EOS?!"
Keeper wrote: Jan 04, 2023 2:20 pm Portal, Another Time

Mist laughs along with her.
"That's nice. I've been building up the Inn, myself. My herd is still building their new home so they're all staying there and there just wasn't room. Also I think me living there makes it holy or something? I guess that makes sense. God stuff is weird."
Portal, Another Time

Naku nods a few times. "Yes, that does make sense. I . . . cannot imagine it would be large enough to support an entire herd. How is their home going? I do hope well. I know I have been working on my own. It is a . . . long process."
Morty wrote: Jan 04, 2023 5:45 pm [The Swarm]

"That's cool! We need a name for it now."

As soon as Brinika says it, the swarm of little goblins erupts with a storm of suggestions. "Upperside" or "Goblin rock" are common, but there are others as well.

"This might take a while."
[The Swarm]

"Names are, for real for real, the hardest things! Though I do like Goblin Rock! And I think I heard a Pinkside? That's fun!
Take your time~ The place is yours~"

Earl of Purple wrote: Jan 04, 2023 6:19 pm The Swarm

Cheasadh would have her own suggestions, but they'd be stuff like Pinkside or Fort Happy. For now, she's continuing to stroke the tiny dragon and perhaps try to calm it from all the bouncy cousins being loud and boisterous.
Civvy agrees Pinkside is great though!
And the dragon, who has definitely snuck away from the group as a whole in order to greedily take all of Cheasadh's loves, happily murrs and relaxes, basking in and absorbing as much attention as was tossed her way.
Morty wrote: Jan 04, 2023 5:45 pm [The Castle]

"Yeah! I'm the best!" Iknika hefts the hammer above herself with enough enthusiasm to fit in a body twice as large as hers. Praise seems to make her visibly swell. "Thanks for giving me a good fight, Naku."
[The Castle]

"Oh, you are very welcome!
Thank you for being the first to come here, to challenge it, and to succeed. You fought well. You should be proud.
And you should enjoy your castle."
Naku smiles over at Iknika, before raising her left hand in front of her, and pinching a glowing blue band she's wearing as a bracelet between her right thumb, and the side of her first finger. She turns the bracelet, much as one would a key in a car ignition, and the band shatters. As the cloud of snowflakes dissipates, as does much of the cold. The ice, formerly blocking all of the hallways, suddenly vanished along with the bracelet; disappearing rather than melting, so nothing would be water damaged.
The temperature even starts to rise, as the cold was being artificially and magically held in place.
"Before we retire this hall, and get your gaggle indoors, is there anything else? May I offer assistance with anything, while we have some quiet?" Her tone is that weird sort of 'she's clearly joking, but she's also telling it very straight, and if you didn't know her, you likely would not pick up on that she's joking'.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Jan 09, 2023 4:54 am [Mountains]

Civvy would argue basic logic is, admittedly, really hard. It's really not her strong suit. At all.
Why did it have to be so hard?

Naku nods once, takes his hand in hers, and everything kind of just blinks. One second, there Eos was, feeling the callouses on Naku's hand as their fingers touched, and then . . .

Flower garden.
It's a lot of pink in this garden. Though with enough purples, whites, yellows, and oranges -- and the green of stems! -- to avoid washing the place out entirely.

Civvy's also here! Incredibly and unfairly cute, with link pink hair, light pink eyes, a light pink dress, light pink gardening gloves, light pink- . . .
. . .
she really likes pink. "OH HI YOU TWO WELCOME HOW YOU DOING I'M JUST WATERING THE PLANTS YOU MUST BE EOS?!"
[Mountai-] (...er...) [Civvy's Flower Garden]

Eos needs a moment to steady himself after that trip. So that's what teleportation is. Yeesh. Something about it doesn't seem to quite agree with him, but in hindsight, he supposes that doesn't come as a surprise... he'd always get a little travel-sick whenever his mum took him anywhere and the mechanisms involved don't seem to be quite that different. Just... not quite as gentle. Adea at least still seemed to have some sort of regard for causality and would have a whole retroactive fabrication ready to go about why he was where he was and how he got there. He still remembers the time his parents fought about that, and how his dad had been insistent they not break the world every time it was more convenient for someone to be someplace else. Surprisingly, he won that one, and that was how the concept of fate was created (and eventually bequeathed to his little sister).

After taking the requisite time to ensure his lunch stayed down at re-orient himself, Eos pales as he realizes just where he is; a garden full of flowers. Beautiful, delicate flowers. In the presence of this plane's mistress, who he wants to make absolutely certain he doesn't anger somehow. With a still-churning stomach from the trip.

...Bollocks.

"...Hi." Eos finally says after an awkward pause, not entirely sure what to make of the manic goddess in front of him, on top of everything else. This is all quite a bit for him to process at once. "I... yes, I am Eos." He says, realizing that she'd actually asked him a question (he can barely tell from her tone). "...Um... Hi." Idiot, he said that already.

The thamar stands as still as he can, not wanting to risk a single misstep that could result in catastrophe, at this delicate stage of introductions. Granted, as Naku pointed out, she probably wouldn't let anything bad happen, especially not in her presence, but he would still rather not test that.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"It should probably have pink in it. Because it's in Civvy's realm and Cheasadh likes pink. And then something goblin-like," Brinika suggests.

"Pinktooth?" a very small cousin pipes up.

"Yeah, Pinktooth is cool."

"I like Pinktooth!"

[The Castle]

"I would ask for a tasteful statue commemorating my victory, but that might be too tacky." Iknika tosses her hair dramatically. "But nothing else, I think. I should get back to the gremlins."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

"What? I heard my name?" Cheasadh had managed to lose track of what was going on because she had a little dragon to stroke and fuss and love, only getting pulled out of her reverie by the sound of her name. "Oh, Pinktooth! Yes, I love it!" Cheasadh nods her head vigorously to pretend she was paying attention to the conversation all along.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

"It's going alright! There's a lot of people in town to help them with the longhouse. They're alright carpenters by themselves. But you know. They need a lot of room. The Inn has been crowded with them all even with it seemingly getting bigger as needed since I got all this magic..." Mist explains, continuing on their way.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Jan 09, 2023 5:37 am [Mountai-] (...er...) [Civvy's Flower Garden]

Eos needs a moment to steady himself after that trip. So that's what teleportation is. Yeesh. Something about it doesn't seem to quite agree with him, but in hindsight, he supposes that doesn't come as a surprise... he'd always get a little travel-sick whenever his mum took him anywhere and the mechanisms involved don't seem to be quite that different. Just... not quite as gentle. Adea at least still seemed to have some sort of regard for causality and would have a whole retroactive fabrication ready to go about why he was where he was and how he got there. He still remembers the time his parents fought about that, and how his dad had been insistent they not break the world every time it was more convenient for someone to be someplace else. Surprisingly, he won that one, and that was how the concept of fate was created (and eventually bequeathed to his little sister).

After taking the requisite time to ensure his lunch stayed down at re-orient himself, Eos pales as he realizes just where he is; a garden full of flowers. Beautiful, delicate flowers. In the presence of this plane's mistress, who he wants to make absolutely certain he doesn't anger somehow. With a still-churning stomach from the trip.

...Bollocks.

"...Hi." Eos finally says after an awkward pause, not entirely sure what to make of the manic goddess in front of him, on top of everything else. This is all quite a bit for him to process at once. "I... yes, I am Eos." He says, realizing that she'd actually asked him a question (he can barely tell from her tone). "...Um... Hi." Idiot, he said that already.

The thamar stands as still as he can, not wanting to risk a single misstep that could result in catastrophe, at this delicate stage of introductions. Granted, as Naku pointed out, she probably wouldn't let anything bad happen, especially not in her presence, but he would still rather not test that.
[Civvy's Flower Garden]

"Are you all right?" Naku asks upon arrival, genuinely concerned for Eos' wellbeing. She had made that as gentle as she could, but . . . some things couldn't be avoided. "Take your time. Breathe. You should feel okay soon."

Civvy, for her part, tilts her head one way, then the other, then back, then has to pause to brush her hair out from in front of her face. "Hi Eos! I'm Civvy! I'm sorry she teleported you that is never fun it's all wibbly and wobbly are you okay do you want to sit down we have some benches?" And it's true! There are a few almost moss-covered stone benches, aside from the tops, which are smooth and clean and clear, and perfect for resting on.

Morty wrote: Jan 10, 2023 5:56 pm [The Swarm]

"It should probably have pink in it. Because it's in Civvy's realm and Cheasadh likes pink. And then something goblin-like," Brinika suggests.

"Pinktooth?" a very small cousin pipes up.

"Yeah, Pinktooth is cool."

"I like Pinktooth!"
[The Swarm]

"Pinktooth is fun! I like that!" Civvy nods a few times, and Sally even bobs her head a few times, chirruping in agreement.
Silly li'l dragon.
Earl of Purple wrote: Jan 10, 2023 6:17 pm The Swarm

"What? I heard my name?" Cheasadh had managed to lose track of what was going on because she had a little dragon to stroke and fuss and love, only getting pulled out of her reverie by the sound of her name. "Oh, Pinktooth! Yes, I love it!" Cheasadh nods her head vigorously to pretend she was paying attention to the conversation all along.
[The Swarm]

It's okay, Cheasadh has undefeatable defenses on the distraction! Sally needed headpats. Sally takes a lot of attention. *nodnod*
Morty wrote: Jan 10, 2023 5:56 pm [The Castle]

"I would ask for a tasteful statue commemorating my victory, but that might be too tacky." Iknika tosses her hair dramatically. "But nothing else, I think. I should get back to the gremlins."
[The Castle]

Naku shrugs once. "Tacky or no; it is your castle. If you want one, you can install one. But . . . I agree." She smiles at Iknika, nodding a few more times. "It would be best to return. The castle is yours, I will see myself out before you all begin exploring."
Keeper wrote: Jan 17, 2023 7:19 pm Portal, Another Time

"It's going alright! There's a lot of people in town to help them with the longhouse. They're alright carpenters by themselves. But you know. They need a lot of room. The Inn has been crowded with them all even with it seemingly getting bigger as needed since I got all this magic..." Mist explains, continuing on their way.
Portal, Another Time

"I believe it. An entire herd sounds . . . quite sizable. I am . . . admittedly, unfamiliar with herds. I have . . . heard . . . of them." Naku pauses over her words, seemingly utterly disgusted at the way English just did her dirty like that. How dare it. "But I have no experience. How many is it, if you do not mind my asking."
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Feb 05, 2023 9:13 pm [Civvy's Flower Garden]

"Are you all right?" Naku asks upon arrival, genuinely concerned for Eos' wellbeing. She had made that as gentle as she could, but . . . some things couldn't be avoided. "Take your time. Breathe. You should feel okay soon."

Civvy, for her part, tilts her head one way, then the other, then back, then has to pause to brush her hair out from in front of her face. "Hi Eos! I'm Civvy! I'm sorry she teleported you that is never fun it's all wibbly and wobbly are you okay do you want to sit down we have some benches?" And it's true! There are a few almost moss-covered stone benches, aside from the tops, which are smooth and clean and clear, and perfect for resting on.
[Civvy's Flower Garden]

...Oh. How about that. Benches. Nice.

...Too bad there are so many fragile, crushable flowers between them and him, though.

"Er, um... yes, I... I'm all right." Eos says with an unsteady smile. "...I, um... if you don't mind, Lady Civvy- Civiron, I... I would prefer to stand." And not risk trampling any sacred plants in the meantime. "Please forgive the intrusion. I... felt it was imperative that I speak with you as soon as was practical. My... I've come to, um... beseech you. For, um... asylum."

The second-eldest of the thamar winces as the words come out of his mouth with all of the grace of an elephant in a tutu. It's a good thing this lady is so apparently easygoing... any other way, she might be put off by the linguistic slaughter he's committing in front of her.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth]

After the eventful trip during which the castle was bequeathed to the goblin swarm (and one gnome), the youngsters are hard at work exploring the castle. But exploring is even more fun with friends. Or boyfriends, as the case may be.

As such, Brinika is now sitting on a box in the castle's courtyard, with Cheasadh possibly being nearby, waiting for Khannie. At another time, Iknika is waiting for Isaac. She hasn't told him much besides to come to Civvy's realm and the castle - she wants to surprise him.
Rebonack
Empowered Revenant Poster

Post by Rebonack »

[Castle Pinktooth]

Once an unclaimed and vacant castle.

Now anything but.

The trip here was something else. And the arriving?

The sheer scope of this wonderland reminds Khannie of that strange, vast castle she bumped into Outside that one time. Except instead of being dark and creepy and filled with weird skeletons this place is pink and bright and clean and pink and did she mention pink? Wow is this place ever pink. Cheasadh must absolutely adore it.

Thus Khannie arrives with Maridia snoozing inside of her ever-present backpack. Keeping it on her for inventory purposes is very important.

"This place is unreal,"
she gasps at the sight. "Is this seriously yours?"
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth

Of course Cheasadh's here! Her sister's here. And it's pink. Which is why she's hard to spot; her blonde hair and pale skin stand out, but her jumper and dress blend in quite well.

"Yep! Iknika claimed it from a monster so Civvy gave it to us in thanks." The monster was, of course, an excuse to make Iknika happy and also make the rest of the swarm happy. Civvy is a very good goddess for things like that.

Morty

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth]

"Since she defeated the ice-beast, it means it's hers by right of conquest." Seems like Brinika looked it up. "Civvy said it's ours. I think she made this castle some time ago and wanted to show it to someone. Our cousins are swarming through it, but there's a lot we haven't explored yet."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Castle Pinktooth]

"What the- who said that?" Khannie gasps, looking around theatrically when Cheasadh speaks up. "Did Che figure out how to turn invisible with that crazy staff of hers?"

Of course Khannie can see her just fine.

But this is way more fun.

"So is that something 'Civvy' does? Just, like, makes castles for the fun of it? That's pretty cool," Khannie muses. There are some practical limitations to how big of an illusion Khannie can weave. A whole CASTLE is well beyond those limitations. Maybe SOME day, but not yet. "We aren't expecting any more monsters, right? The ice monster was just a game or something?" Khannie asks, clearly concerned about the goblin swarm doing what goblin swarms do best.

There's no way they would let the kids run around here if there was ACTUALLY anything dangerous, right?
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth

"No, I'm just working on the art of camouflage. I need to start painting GLoG pink, I think. That'll help me blend in with everything there, wouldn't it?" Cheasadh grins and nods enthusiastically at the opportunity to paint GLoG pink. Khannie may disagree with this plan. "She's the Goddess of Hope. Or a Goddess of Hope. I think people need heroes to help with that." Cheasadh is almost certainly heading down the road to Civvy's priesthood, if there is such a thing.

Morty

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth]

"See? This is her perfect environment. She can move about unseen." Brinika gives one of her trademark toothy grins. "I don't think anything here could be dangerous. Civvy wouldn't let it."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

[Castle Pinktooth]

More god stuff.

A god of hope? That's even more abstract than Inari, that's for sure. Goddess of rice and foxes. Or Keiko! Who is, like, a goddess of vengeance or something? Like Batman! Or maybe more like the Punisher. Or really OLD Batman. Since Keiko eats people. But vengeance is going out and DOING something. Rice and foxes are both concrete things. But hope is...

Wanting things to happen? Or believing that things will get better? Or maybe just COULD get better. It seems really passive. You pray to a god of rice to make your rice not die or whatever. A god of vengeance to give those who wronged you what's coming to them. But what would you pray to a god of hope for? As soon as you're praying about ANYTHING aren't you already hoping just sorta by default?

Geeze. Maybe she's thinking about this stuff too hard.

Khannie puts her fists on her hips and strikes the most heroic pose she can muster. "Well I'M a hero! But I think Keiko already wants me to be in her fan club or however this stuff works. Hopefully I won't get painted pink along with all the walls."

She paces along one of the inner walls, running her fingers over the surface. It sure FEELS real. But maybe that's how gods work. They can just make stuff because they feel like it. That's how Fortuna worked but Khannie is pretty sure the chaos spirit can't actually do anything constructive.

"So we've got stuff to explore? Where should we start? You two probably know how the castle is laid out better than me."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Castle Pinktooth

Isaac approaches the castle, waving away the deadtime mists. The blond-haired sorcerer goes to knock on the main gates, having been told only to come here and not much else. He hopes he wasn't supposed to bring anything. He's just wearing a warm flannel outfit with jeans, his glasses, and of course his hammer.
From the look of him, he's been keeping up with his battle-mage gym duties.

Portal, Another Time

"Uh, well with the folks I brought to town and the ones who were already there, it's a bit over fifty? It's a lot. Like really it's a lot of horsefolk. Which is why they need a whole second longhouse. Also why I need to have people to talk to them for me because it's really hard to get that many centaurs in one space. We take up a lot of room."
And the Black Herd are named such because they're black forest horses, which are draft horses. IE, mildly big.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth

If Khannie gets too confused, she can always try asking Cheasadh. The goblin by adoption's had a lot of religious education, due first to her parent's extreme belief and then later from Sophie finding a way to help Cheasadh to live in mainstream society and discard said extremism. Though Earl will admit that, due to the limited nature of the scenes involved in that (many occurred off-screen, save a single meeting with a priest of Firefox's) that it would all be pulled from various orifices and he doesn't know much about Fenric's Temple of Inari.

At Brinika's comment, Cheasadh grins. She's going to wait for the other two to look away and then duck behind a pillar, so it'll seem like she really has disappeared.

Morty

Post by Morty »

[Castle Pinktooth - the Trio]

The gods Brinika are used to are distant, in one way or another. Maybe that's why goblins revere their ancestors like they do. They're closer by.

"There's a tower no one has visited yet. We can go there and see what it's like."

[Castle Pinktooth - the Date]

When Isaac sees Iknika, she is also hefting a hammer. Its head is made of blue gemstone and and of its surfaces is spiky. It's clear Iknika puts a lot of pride in it.

"Hey, babe! How do you like our castle? Which I won with this very hammer and my own two hands?"
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Khannie's experiences are basically the opposite of Brinika's. All the divine things she's met have been very close and very active and sometimes very, very irritating.

"That sounds pretty cool, let's go check it out!" Khannie says, ready for whatever surprises this castle is ready to throw at her!

...like a certain gnome vanishing behind a pillar when Khannie's attention is elsewhere.

Khannie raises an eyebrow at the spot Cheasadh was at previously and laughs.

"Are you gunna be jumping out from behind stuff the whole time?" she asks wryly.

Either way! She'll follow the lead of the others since she doesn't know much about the castle.

"Sorry I haven't been around as much. Things have been crazy at my new school. The place is pretty fun but also super weird. It's like every single weird kid in the Nexus goes there. Me included."

Khannie knows she's weird and totally owns it.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

After asking the question of the pillar, there's a moment in which Cheasadh doesn't reply. "...No?" It does not sound a very believable denial.

Honestly, she wasn't going to jump out now, just pretend she's invisible for a bit, but now Khannie's given her the idea, and... that may have consequences down the line. "It's OK, you board there don't you? You're probably not able to spend much time with your family, so it's OK. So long as you remember my birthday and maybe bring some friends along? It'll be very gobliny regardless." Fortunately, there's plenty of time for that to be arranged- or else completely forgotten, as Cheasadh's birthday is in April.

Morty

Post by Morty »

"Yeah, I've heard. It's a school for protagonists. Wonder what that makes us. The friends whose reliable normalcy is an anchor for the heroine?" Brinika wonders aloud as she leads the way through the castle. The tower is located on the outer edge of the castle, one that overlooks the drawbridge and the lower ground. There's a large door, ornate and decorated with sculptures of owls.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Morty wrote: Feb 12, 2023 6:13 pm

When Isaac sees Iknika, she is also hefting a hammer. Its head is made of blue gemstone and and of its surfaces is spiky. It's clear Iknika puts a lot of pride in it.

"Hey, babe! How do you like our castle? Which I won with this very hammer and my own two hands?"
Castle Pinktooth - The Date

Isaac grins and stares up at the castle walls.
"Well, I say it's certainly about time you had a fortress worthy of you. Is your family enough to maintain this whole thing? Or is it magic and self-repairing?" Given that Isaac had to visit a goddess' realm to get here, he's kind of assuming there's magic involved.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Feb 08, 2023 9:14 am [Civvy's Flower Garden]

...Oh. How about that. Benches. Nice.

...Too bad there are so many fragile, crushable flowers between them and him, though.

"Er, um... yes, I... I'm all right." Eos says with an unsteady smile. "...I, um... if you don't mind, Lady Civvy- Civiron, I... I would prefer to stand." And not risk trampling any sacred plants in the meantime. "Please forgive the intrusion. I... felt it was imperative that I speak with you as soon as was practical. My... I've come to, um... beseech you. For, um... asylum."

The second-eldest of the thamar winces as the words come out of his mouth with all of the grace of an elephant in a tutu. It's a good thing this lady is so apparently easygoing... any other way, she might be put off by the linguistic slaughter he's committing in front of her.
[Civvy's Flower Garden]

Civvy tilts her head, clearly confused on at least one part of something that was said.
"You hesitated. And Naku has informed me of some of the . . .not fun," she has to mull her words there for a sec, clearly, for her, things live in two categories: fun and not fun. "Stuff that can happ'n when you get close to stuff, so, like, lemme just . . .

One question for you first. You're of course welcome to stay here as long as you need! But one question first,"
and just like that, asylum was granted. Though she clearly is holding her train of thought she's pursuing in this moment as very, very, very important. "one-, one question." She wets her lips, nods once, and rolls her lower lip between her teeth, working on the exact wording. It's really hard!
Before she finally just asks, "While you're here, do you hope to get that more easily controlled? To, like, stop accidently-ing things, like the mountain?" She looks really intensely at Eos. She is very, very, very curious, clearly.
Keeper wrote: Feb 11, 2023 12:15 am Portal, Another Time

"Uh, well with the folks I brought to town and the ones who were already there, it's a bit over fifty? It's a lot. Like really it's a lot of horsefolk. Which is why they need a whole second longhouse. Also why I need to have people to talk to them for me because it's really hard to get that many centaurs in one space. We take up a lot of room."
And the Black Herd are named such because they're black forest horses, which are draft horses. IE, mildly big.
Portal, Another Time

"I will admit," Naku nods a few times, glancing around, and peering at the treeline as if she saw something.
She probably didn't.
. . .
Probably.
"I have little experience, as I said. But I believe the space required is . . . Is quite . . ." Yeah Naku is definitely distracted by something off in the treeline. "I apologize, may we stop here for a moment?"
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

"Yeah it's weird to say but I'm one of the smallest of the bunch. One of my Charities made me shorter and it stuck." He blinks at Naku's request and stops, sitting down so Naku can get off.
"Uh yeah, sure. What's up?" he asks her.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Feb 16, 2023 4:20 am [Civvy's Flower Garden]

Civvy tilts her head, clearly confused on at least one part of something that was said.
"You hesitated. And Naku has informed me of some of the . . .not fun," she has to mull her words there for a sec, clearly, for her, things live in two categories: fun and not fun. "Stuff that can happ'n when you get close to stuff, so, like, lemme just . . .

One question for you first. You're of course welcome to stay here as long as you need! But one question first,"
and just like that, asylum was granted. Though she clearly is holding her train of thought she's pursuing in this moment as very, very, very important. "one-, one question." She wets her lips, nods once, and rolls her lower lip between her teeth, working on the exact wording. It's really hard!
Before she finally just asks, "While you're here, do you hope to get that more easily controlled? To, like, stop accidently-ing things, like the mountain?" She looks really intensely at Eos. She is very, very, very curious, clearly.
[Civvy's Flower Garden]

Eos's face shifts from pink to red as Civvy asks her question, his first few attempts at answering it dying away into flustered mumbling. Oh, geez. Exactly how is he supposed to answer that? He can't say "no" and give her the wrong impression about his intentions, but he also can't say "yes" and give her the wrong idea about the feasibility of such a thing. He's been trying for a long time to not break things just by being around; it doesn't strike him as likely that he'll be able to stop just because he's in a place where that's hard to do. If anything, he might stop being so careful during his time here, since he doesn't need to be... but he can't really say that, either.

"I, um... I would very much like that, yes." He says finally, clamping his hands together anxiously. "I... can't make any promises about the results. But I'm going to try very hard not to break any more of your things, Lady Civiron, and I would be glad if I managed it."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

"I wouldn't count on these gremlins to take care of a castle." Iknika waves her hand at the small goblins scurrying about. "I think Civiron takes care of it. She's the goddess of this place. Near as I can tell she put this castle here to entertain visitors and we were just the first to see it. My cousins and siblings sure love it."
Rebonack

Post by Rebonack »

Khannie doesn't seem terribly convinced by the pillar's denial of being up to mischief.

That's exactly the sort of thing a pillar that's planning mischief would say!

"Yeah I board there. But I haven't got classes on the weekends. That's when I head home to spend time with dad," Khannie replies as she sets off with the others. "And the students aren't officially supposed to sneak off campus and go on adventures but also they're kind of expected to? Since that's a protagonisty thing to do."

What kind of protagonist on a crazy school adventure WOULDN'T sneak off campus to go on crazy adventures?

The sort that isn't a protagonist. That's what kind.

Khannie is left considering Cheasadh's birthday now, too. Bringing her boyfriend would be kind of weird, right. Maybe she could invite the twins? Or maybe Gaudia? Going to a birthday party might be good practice for Gaudia doing person-stuff.

"Yeah you girls have got my back!" Khannie replies to Brinika, cracking a wide grin. "Getting to do NORMAL stuff is nice after wading through weird all week."

Khannie magical castles in the realm of gods of pinkness are kind of weird.

Maybe this just shows how high Khannie's bar for weirdness is now.

"Huh. Owl door. Hey did you know that some people thought owls were evil omens? Dunno why; I think they look cute."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Castle Pinktooth- The Trio

Cheasadh will follow along, mostly trying to stay out of sight by ducking behind various pillars, furniture, and corners as she continues her invisibility trick. "Oh, I'm sorry. We'd not have invited you to the pink castle in the world of fluff if we knew you'd done it before." Not... quite what Khannie meant, Cheasadh.

"I did know that! It's because they scream at night and people thought they were ghosts come to claim the living, or something." Cheasadh is standing behind the girls now, rather than hiding, but she's possibly a bit close and sneaked as quietly as she could to get there. She's hoping to make Khannie jump, but foxes have good ears (as do goblins) and she's not as sneaky as she thinks she is.

Morty

Post by Morty »

Brinika gasps theatrically and turns around to face Cheasadh.

"How'd you get here so quickly?" She did hear her sister, of course, but she's playing along. "I didn't know owls were bad omens. That's weird. They're fluffy and have cute big eyes." She stands on her tiptoes and pulls the door latch. "Bad omens or not, let's go in."