Civiron's Realm

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

Cheasadh also smiles at the little dragon's name, appreciating the pun, and she'll hang back with Brinika until she's decided the cousins have had enough fun or are getting too rowdy and she can intervene and perhaps get her own chance to stroke the wee little dragon.
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.

Tags:
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 10, 2022 6:50 am [Mountains]

"Don't!" Eos objects immediately, withdrawing a distance further away from Naku. "...Don't touch me. I'm..." He shudders and runs his hands against his arms, looking up at Naku worriedly. "...It's not safe to touch me." He holds up his sleeve, rolling it over so Naku can see the pink dye all over it. "...When I set out from... home... I was wearing the traditional attire for one of our kind. White vestments." He shakes his head. "...Please don't touch me."

The youth holds his knees to his chest, rocking back and forth, visibly distressed. "...Don't touch me." He repeats shakily.
[Mountains]

Naku takes a few steps back, hands raised and open, making slow, steady, measured movements that are as un-threatening as she can possibly make it. Something is clearly up and wrong; but she isn't quite sure exactly what.
"I do not understand." Naku admits, tilting her head slightly, frowning a bit in thought, trying to piece it all together. "You are turning your clothing pink? Not intentionally, of course, it just . . . is happening?" She tries to piece it together, while giving the poor clearly distressed Eos some space, hopefully so he can stop worrying as much. She doesn't like seeing someone this worked up; but isn't sure how to help.
Keeper wrote: Nov 11, 2022 5:26 am Portal, Another Time

Hm. Maybe Naku doesn't have much experience with horses? Mist didn't before he...well. But he did know some things about them.
"Well, if they were big enough for me to fall in I might have some trouble. Jumping's harder when I don't have a running start and I wouldn't have a hope of pulling myself up with my arms since my backside's so heavy. But ah, no. I meant that horses have a reputation for not taking sprained ankles well. At all."
He smirks.
"Along with all the other things of course like being good at carrying things."
Naku, in fact, has zero experience with horses!
"Oooohhhhhhh oh okay." Naku nods a few times, listening, and doing her best to learn! "That makes sense! Running starts are important to jumping. And I have most definitely seen sprains lead to," don't say it, don't say it, don't say it "bad days. So if horses struggle further, I understand now. Thank you! I appreciate the explanation! I am nor well versed in horses I am afraid." And she tilts her head at that last comment, offering Mist a way to further teaching should he want!
Morty wrote: Nov 12, 2022 7:45 pm [The Swarm]

The small, adorable dragon is going to melt most hearts and those of the swarm of tiny goblins are not unusual here. Soon Sally will be approached by many children who want to pet her or just take a closer look.

"Sally Mander? Like a salamander?" Brinika's ears twitch up and down. She's staying back to let her younger cousins pet Sally.
Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 13, 2022 6:18 pm The Swarm

Cheasadh also smiles at the little dragon's name, appreciating the pun, and she'll hang back with Brinika until she's decided the cousins have had enough fun or are getting too rowdy and she can intervene and perhaps get her own chance to stroke the wee little dragon.
[The Swarm]

"Uh huh uh huh! She didn't have a name, so I helped her come up with one!" That probably explains why it was just a bit silly . . .

And gosh, Sally just makes happy, almost purring noises, interspersed with a few chirrups, as she just basks in the attention. She'll curiously walk up closer to one, and then the next, of the little goblins, offering herself for headpats, and to sniff snoff curiously at them. All while basically hopping around like an excited puppy having an absolutely grand time.
Morty wrote: Nov 12, 2022 7:45 pm [The Castle]

Okay, Iknika really wasn't expecting that. But the training she's had pays off, combined with the natural goblin survival instincts, and she retreats away from the construct quickly. Though that wasn't too hard. This thing is quite slow. It's possible Civvy put it here to serve as a play-challenge for visitors to overcome.

Whether or not that's true, it's a challenge Iknika will meet. She looks around for anything she could use as a weapon, preferably top-heavy and swingable like an axe or hammer.
[The Castle]

Fortunately for Iknika, there is definitely the haft of what could only be some kind of weapon nearby, in another pile of snow! It's just about perfectly sized for Iknika, assuming the majority of the haft is visible and whatever the head is is embedded into the snow bank.
The haft is made of clearly hand carved wood, full of intricate etchings; runes of some sort. And snaking and coiling down its length is a thin layer of clear, shimmering, but textured just enough to be easily held, pure ice. Just thick enough to protect the wooden carvings, without adding more thickness to the weapon than would be expected from a traditional leather wrapped haft. The ambient temperature around is also definitely not below freezing, so grabbing this weapon, even with a bare hand, is perfectly safe!
Should Iknika actually reach out for and grab at the embedded weapon, a blue gem in the base of the handle lights with a bright blue glow, shimmering beautifully within its thin coating of ice. That glow runs up the haft of the weapon, lighting each rune, ascending towards the buried head of the weapon under Iknika's grip. When this glow reaches down into the pile of snow, the entire head of the weapon erupts into a cool, blue fire. The snow around the head melts away enough to show Iknika what she's found, though this blue fire is not hot to the touch.
It appears to be a well weighted two handed hammer. The large, heavy head seems to be another blue gemstone that must originally have been around the size of Iknika's torso, but smoothed, flattened, carved, and lovingly crafted into the head of the hammer. It's rectangular in shape, with a flared out striking surface on both striking surfaces. One of the striking surfaces is smooth, but the other features 5 deliberately placed spikes. One spike, a few inches long, on each of the four corners, then one larger, thicker spike in the dead center, twice as long as the rest.

The snow sizzles away, while the construct roars, rearing both arms back, preparing to drop a two handed slam directly where Iknika is standing.
Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Nov 21, 2022 7:42 pm [Mountains]

Naku takes a few steps back, hands raised and open, making slow, steady, measured movements that are as un-threatening as she can possibly make it. Something is clearly up and wrong; but she isn't quite sure exactly what.
"I do not understand." Naku admits, tilting her head slightly, frowning a bit in thought, trying to piece it all together. "You are turning your clothing pink? Not intentionally, of course, it just . . . is happening?" She tries to piece it together, while giving the poor clearly distressed Eos some space, hopefully so he can stop worrying as much. She doesn't like seeing someone this worked up; but isn't sure how to help.
[Mountains]

"N-no... I'm not... it'd be you..." Eos stammers, continuing to back away from Naku.

Clearly, that is a full and complete explanation and it should all make sense to Naku now.

The youth stops when he hits the wall, a spiderweb of cracks already forming from the relatively light touch of his elbow awkwardly bumping into it,

"...I... I guess I'll have to show you." Eos says finally, holding up a hand defensively. "Just... please stay back, okay?"

After receiving confirmation that she will, in fact, stay back (assuming she gives it), Eos cups his hands together in front of his mouth and whispers something into them. Or at least, it sounds like he's trying to whisper. While his words are indistinct, the sound echoes all through the cavern around them, long after Eos has stopped talking. His efforts produce a tiny blue flame, no bigger than what Naku might find on the end of a ritual candle, floating just above the palm of his hand. It doesn't stay there for long; Eos guides it into the cracks he just made, watching the flame creep in and seemingly snuff itself out.

Just before the cavern wall bursts, leaving behind a little alcove with a statue in it, expertly carved into an unmistakable likeness of Naku herself. The statue has her arms out and open and a welcoming smile on her face; one might get the impression she's waiting for a hug.

"...My mum's a creator goddess." Eos begins to explain, brushing aside the debris with his feet. "And a goddess of chaos. Discovery. Exploration. A bunch of other things. My da... he's also a god. One of order, destruction, discipline, refinement. I... sort of inherited bits of both of them. If I try, and I mean really try, I can create things the way they would. It's a delicate balance, but one I'm learning to maintain, thanks to da." Eos apprehensively approaches the statue, running his hands together nervously. "But... if I'm not careful, and again, really careful, the chaos I inherited from mum and the destruction I inherited from da... they..."

Eos trails off and decides to simply show what he means. He reaches out and ever-so-gently brushes his hand against the statue's, before hastily stepping back.

crackle!

That little touch was apparently enough to send another spiderweb of cracks rolling over the statue's hand and arm, propagating at an alarming rate. Bits of stone fleck away from the damaged hand as it starts shaking violently, the expression on its face going from kind and loving to terrified as rifts form all over the body, and a haunting scream fills the air as whatever magic is at play here takes its toll. Until finally...

krackoom!

There's no more statue.

There's just a heavy cloud of dust and sand in the air, accompanied by a frightened-looking Eos staring up at Naku, quietly pleading for her to understand the danger.

"...If that had been you... I'd be wearing you right now." He says finally, a bitterly sardonic edge in his voice.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Post by Keeper »

Portal Another Time

Mist considers this, trotting over to Naku's seat and sit down in front of her.
"Well, if you wanted to learn to ride, I could probably help you learn better than an actual horse that can't talk to you. But aren't you Civvy's like...special champion person? I would have thought she'd have gotten you a sparkly mount for getting places fast."
This could be a grave matter. Mist may have to discuss with Civiron god-to-goddess as to the exceptional importance of Naku deserving a supremely huggable mount with sparkly wings.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"She's really acting a lot like a dog. Or a cat," Brinika says, looking at the happy chaos of her cousins petting Sally. "But you talk about her more like about a friend than a pet."

[The Castle]

Alright, now we're talking! This isn't where Iknika was expecting to put her training to use, but she can work with it. And this weapon? She's been focusing on one-handed ones, but this will do. She steps to the side, avoiding the smash, then swings the weapon at the monster's arms, aiming with the spiked end of the hammer.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

Not just cousins are patting Sally; Cheasadh can't wait any longer and is trying to get to the front where she can have a go at giving the little lizardy drake some much-needed fuss. Sally's a good girl and deserves all the headpats that Cheasadh can supply.

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 21, 2022 8:13 pm [Mountains]

"N-no... I'm not... it'd be you..." Eos stammers, continuing to back away from Naku.

Clearly, that is a full and complete explanation and it should all make sense to Naku now.

The youth stops when he hits the wall, a spiderweb of cracks already forming from the relatively light touch of his elbow awkwardly bumping into it,

"...I... I guess I'll have to show you." Eos says finally, holding up a hand defensively. "Just... please stay back, okay?"

After receiving confirmation that she will, in fact, stay back (assuming she gives it), Eos cups his hands together in front of his mouth and whispers something into them. Or at least, it sounds like he's trying to whisper. While his words are indistinct, the sound echoes all through the cavern around them, long after Eos has stopped talking. His efforts produce a tiny blue flame, no bigger than what Naku might find on the end of a ritual candle, floating just above the palm of his hand. It doesn't stay there for long; Eos guides it into the cracks he just made, watching the flame creep in and seemingly snuff itself out.

Just before the cavern wall bursts, leaving behind a little alcove with a statue in it, expertly carved into an unmistakable likeness of Naku herself. The statue has her arms out and open and a welcoming smile on her face; one might get the impression she's waiting for a hug.

"...My mum's a creator goddess." Eos begins to explain, brushing aside the debris with his feet. "And a goddess of chaos. Discovery. Exploration. A bunch of other things. My da... he's also a god. One of order, destruction, discipline, refinement. I... sort of inherited bits of both of them. If I try, and I mean really try, I can create things the way they would. It's a delicate balance, but one I'm learning to maintain, thanks to da." Eos apprehensively approaches the statue, running his hands together nervously. "But... if I'm not careful, and again, really careful, the chaos I inherited from mum and the destruction I inherited from da... they..."

Eos trails off and decides to simply show what he means. He reaches out and ever-so-gently brushes his hand against the statue's, before hastily stepping back.

crackle!

That little touch was apparently enough to send another spiderweb of cracks rolling over the statue's hand and arm, propagating at an alarming rate. Bits of stone fleck away from the damaged hand as it starts shaking violently, the expression on its face going from kind and loving to terrified as rifts form all over the body, and a haunting scream fills the air as whatever magic is at play here takes its toll. Until finally...

krackoom!

There's no more statue.

There's just a heavy cloud of dust and sand in the air, accompanied by a frightened-looking Eos staring up at Naku, quietly pleading for her to understand the danger.

"...If that had been you... I'd be wearing you right now." He says finally, a bitterly sardonic edge in his voice.
[Mountains]

Naku of course gives her confirmation to stand back a bit. She crosses her arms across her chest, completely at ease, and making absolutely no sudden or scary movements. She watches, her tail idly swishing and swaying behind her, listening, and trying to learn, without too much comment. She observes as the statue goes up, and, though she doesn't outwardly display this, she finds the way that he opted to make a statue of her quite amusing.
Doubly so when he blows it up.
Though as the statue blows up, her arms almost . . . blur slightly. But in the blink of an eye, were crossed again. Like nothing happened. Could'a been anything.
"I see I see." She nods a few times, glancing at where the statue once was. "Welllll. That is certainly a powerful gift you have. But I assure you; you are safe here. Please believe me, I do understand your demonstration. Fully and entirely." She lowers her arms, tossing a small pebble she had caught off to the side. "But you are here. You are in my Lady's Realm. Where her power is at its strongest, and she is not confined to the traditional rules of reality." Naku, once again, slowly, offers a hand. "I have dealt with danger most of my life. So I speak with assurance, this is a safe place. She will not permit violence against other sentient beings. It was a task to get her to allow it to occur to the rock just now, even." Naku smiles and shakes her head slightly. "And I am her Champion. She is doubly protective of me.

I assure you. It is okay."
Naku holds her hand out, even if just for the most briefest of brushes, if Eos wants to try. If not, she won't push it, and she'll lower her hand.
But they are in Civvy's realm. Civvy does not like violence, and has spent a lot of her effectively limitless energies in helping keep things safe. It should be absolutely okay.
Also Naku herself radiates a good deal of . . . not anti-magic, but magic just kind of washes over and off of her like water off of a duck. It just doesn't 'stick'. It can't usually find her to affect her.
Keeper wrote: Nov 22, 2022 3:22 pm Portal Another Time

Mist considers this, trotting over to Naku's seat and sit down in front of her.
"Well, if you wanted to learn to ride, I could probably help you learn better than an actual horse that can't talk to you. But aren't you Civvy's like...special champion person? I would have thought she'd have gotten you a sparkly mount for getting places fast."
This could be a grave matter. Mist may have to discuss with Civiron god-to-goddess as to the exceptional importance of Naku deserving a supremely huggable mount with sparkly wings.
Portal Another Time

Naku hops up off of her chair, and looks over at the sitting Mist.
"Are you . . . certain? I am not against it. But I am . . ." Naku you're a veteran of countless skirmishes. Why is having a willing, communicative, and helpful friend try to help you making you anxious?
"In my Lady's defense. She has tried. But she tends to send me places where it is best I go alone." She shakes her head though, banishes her thoughts of being silly, and hops up. She is definitely and clearly not good and will need a good deal of guidance on leg, arm, and hand placement, as well as posture.
Morty wrote: Nov 23, 2022 7:25 pm [The Swarm]

"She's really acting a lot like a dog. Or a cat," Brinika says, looking at the happy chaos of her cousins petting Sally. "But you talk about her more like about a friend than a pet."
[The Swarm]

"Well, to be honest," Sally watches the excited Sally bouncing around, receiving headpats and basking in chaos. She giggles a bit, before continuing. "You got it exactly. She is just as sentient and smart and communicative as you or I. She is a friend. She just . . . also enjoys being cute, and helping spread some joy to others as best she can.
I like her a lot."
Civvy admits with a nod. "She's a good bean, if I say so myself." Which, while a natural statement for Civvy, feels quite weird to type about another of Mee's Own Characters.
Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 24, 2022 6:26 pm The Swarm

Not just cousins are patting Sally; Cheasadh can't wait any longer and is trying to get to the front where she can have a go at giving the little lizardy drake some much-needed fuss. Sally's a good girl and deserves all the headpats that Cheasadh can supply.
And goodness, as soon as Cheasadh joins in, Sally just starts purring up a storm. Far far far more like a cat than a dragon as she just basks in the attention and adoration. Her tail swishes, her wings unfurl a bit to help her keep balance, her head bats up against patting palms, asking for more, and the purring from deep in her chest continues.
Morty wrote: Nov 23, 2022 7:25 pm [The Castle]

Alright, now we're talking! This isn't where Iknika was expecting to put her training to use, but she can work with it. And this weapon? She's been focusing on one-handed ones, but this will do. She steps to the side, avoiding the smash, then swings the weapon at the monster's arms, aiming with the spiked end of the hammer.
[The Castle]

The hammer is, while perhaps a bit unlike what she's been training with specifically, still perfectly sized for her, and weighted incredibly well to allow for hard strikes, without leaning into unwieldy territory.
As Iknika narrowly avoids the falling smash, her vision is obstructed slightly from a spray of pure, white, powdery snow, but the minor distraction does nothing to throw off her aim, as the gem and ice hammer strikes against the first arm, powers through it, and cracks into the second. A showering spray of shards of scintillating snow and ice burst into the air as the hammer effortlessly shatters through both of the construct's arms, severing its large fists from the rest of its arm. The snow surrounding the solid ice cores of the construct melts away on either side of the strike, as the golden rears back and roars in frustrations.

Moving shockingly quickly for a creature of its size, it slams its shortened arms back into the large piles of snow on either side of itself, and rips them back out, its arms fully reformed.
That move definitely bought her a bit of time, but it doesn't seem to have done much to actually stop the construct.

And that's not to mention the bright blue light that's been starting to glow in its chest. Getting brighter and brighter. It's clearly building up to something, but Iknika's shattering of its arms definitely bought her a few more seconds to act, as it finishes reforming its arms.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Nov 24, 2022 9:14 pm [Mountains]

Naku of course gives her confirmation to stand back a bit. She crosses her arms across her chest, completely at ease, and making absolutely no sudden or scary movements. She watches, her tail idly swishing and swaying behind her, listening, and trying to learn, without too much comment. She observes as the statue goes up, and, though she doesn't outwardly display this, she finds the way that he opted to make a statue of her quite amusing.
Doubly so when he blows it up.
Though as the statue blows up, her arms almost . . . blur slightly. But in the blink of an eye, were crossed again. Like nothing happened. Could'a been anything.
"I see I see." She nods a few times, glancing at where the statue once was. "Welllll. That is certainly a powerful gift you have. But I assure you; you are safe here. Please believe me, I do understand your demonstration. Fully and entirely." She lowers her arms, tossing a small pebble she had caught off to the side. "But you are here. You are in my Lady's Realm. Where her power is at its strongest, and she is not confined to the traditional rules of reality." Naku, once again, slowly, offers a hand. "I have dealt with danger most of my life. So I speak with assurance, this is a safe place. She will not permit violence against other sentient beings. It was a task to get her to allow it to occur to the rock just now, even." Naku smiles and shakes her head slightly. "And I am her Champion. She is doubly protective of me.

I assure you. It is okay."
Naku holds her hand out, even if just for the most briefest of brushes, if Eos wants to try. If not, she won't push it, and she'll lower her hand.
But they are in Civvy's realm. Civvy does not like violence, and has spent a lot of her effectively limitless energies in helping keep things safe. It should be absolutely okay.
Also Naku herself radiates a good deal of . . . not anti-magic, but magic just kind of washes over and off of her like water off of a duck. It just doesn't 'stick'. It can't usually find her to affect her.
[Mountains]

Eos watches Naku with some trepidation as she gives her reassurances, slowly coming to the realization that she... might actually be right. While he doesn't know enough about Civvy to make any attempt at measuring their respective powers, he does know she's quite influential (one does not get called a goddess for being meek and impotent) and neither of the invoved parties really want anybody to get hurt. If Civvy is that dedicated to keeping her denizens safe... she probably can. Right?

Maybe that's why he was sent here, of all places.

Eos slowly moves toward Naku, reaching out his own hand toward hers, and as quickly as he can manage, baps her palm before hastily withdrawing.

To no effect whatsoever.

The boy steps forward again and again moves his hand into place, stopping short of actually taking her hand and simply allowing his fingertips to rest on her palm.

...Nothing.

Naku spoke truly. She's safe. He can't hurt her. Not like this, at least.

glomp!

The next thing Naku sees will be the gold-and-pink-clad boy surging forward and wrapping his arms around her, shaking like a leaf on the verge of being blow off its branch. With his head pressed into her side, the words that are coming out of his mouth now are a bit muted and hard to make out, but the growing wet spot over his eyes should give Naku all the context clues she needs.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Mist sloooowly stands up.
"Okay, well you're going to want to keep your hands around me so you don't fall. I didn't think to bring a saddle or anything but uh. We can just figure things out and I'll be slow, okay?"
Mist has never ridden a horse in his life. And now that he's incapable of doing so he doesn't actually know what Naku should be doing. But he can go slow and they can figure things out!
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"Plenty of people who like being pet. Like the various talking cats. Our friend Khannie's dad has a dragon who talks. Khannie calls him uncle. But I'm not sure if he likes pets." Brinika's ears twitch. Cheasadh would know more.

[The Castle]

Iknika's blood pumps as the arms shatter. This is what she's been training for, even if it's probably just entertainment Civvy prepared for her. Still a more real fight than during training. She dashes forward, trying to slam her hammer into the creature's chest.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

"I... wasn't in a position to want to pet Zebes when I was there. I didn't like dragons much at the time, my Dad had used them to scare me into behaving. It took a princess in glasses to convince me dragons could be OK. She liked being stroked." Earl can't recall the name of the bubblefox that first introduced Cheasadh and Brinika to Civvy, but she helped a lot by being pink, fluffy, friendly, and at GLoG.

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 24, 2022 9:51 pm [Mountains]

Eos watches Naku with some trepidation as she gives her reassurances, slowly coming to the realization that she... might actually be right. While he doesn't know enough about Civvy to make any attempt at measuring their respective powers, he does know she's quite influential (one does not get called a goddess for being meek and impotent) and neither of the invoved parties really want anybody to get hurt. If Civvy is that dedicated to keeping her denizens safe... she probably can. Right?

Maybe that's why he was sent here, of all places.

Eos slowly moves toward Naku, reaching out his own hand toward hers, and as quickly as he can manage, baps her palm before hastily withdrawing.

To no effect whatsoever.

The boy steps forward again and again moves his hand into place, stopping short of actually taking her hand and simply allowing his fingertips to rest on her palm.

...Nothing.

Naku spoke truly. She's safe. He can't hurt her. Not like this, at least.

glomp!

The next thing Naku sees will be the gold-and-pink-clad boy surging forward and wrapping his arms around her, shaking like a leaf on the verge of being blow off its branch. With his head pressed into her side, the words that are coming out of his mouth now are a bit muted and hard to make out, but the growing wet spot over his eyes should give Naku all the context clues she needs.
[Mountains]

And goodness, the hug Naku returns? Snug, comforting, and incredibly protective. "It is okay~ It is okay~ You are okay. You are safe." Naku replies, her own eyes a little misty. She can sympathize with this. She went . . . many years without anyone else's touch. She knew, at least in the vaguely related sense, what it was like.
And she'll give him as long as he needs. She'll rock back and forth slightly, humming a happy, tuneless little melody. A forgotten lullaby of a world long gone.
Keeper wrote: Nov 25, 2022 2:48 am Portal, Another Time

Mist sloooowly stands up.
"Okay, well you're going to want to keep your hands around me so you don't fall. I didn't think to bring a saddle or anything but uh. We can just figure things out and I'll be slow, okay?"
Mist has never ridden a horse in his life. And now that he's incapable of doing so he doesn't actually know what Naku should be doing. But he can go slow and they can figure things out!
Portal, Another Time

And gosh how Naku holds on tight. Probably Far Too Tight, honestly. But she'll loosen up a bit if they get moving.
"Y-yes. Yes slow please." Gosh she's more clutching than holding . . .
Morty wrote: Nov 25, 2022 8:22 pm [The Swarm]

"Plenty of people who like being pet. Like the various talking cats. Our friend Khannie's dad has a dragon who talks. Khannie calls him uncle. But I'm not sure if he likes pets." Brinika's ears twitch. Cheasadh would know more.
"Mhm mhm mhm!" Civvy nods several times, her wavy pink hair bouncing over her shoulders. "Headpats are the spice that make the world go round." She says with absolute certainty.
Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 26, 2022 6:26 pm The Swarm

"I... wasn't in a position to want to pet Zebes when I was there. I didn't like dragons much at the time, my Dad had used them to scare me into behaving. It took a princess in glasses to convince me dragons could be OK. She liked being stroked." Earl can't recall the name of the bubblefox that first introduced Cheasadh and Brinika to Civvy, but she helped a lot by being pink, fluffy, friendly, and at GLoG.
"Well, I am thankful that they helped! So that Sally's little antics can hopefully bring some happiness!" Civvy reaches down to give Sally some gentle pats herself, before nodding a few times.
Morty wrote: Nov 25, 2022 8:22 pm [The Castle]

Iknika's blood pumps as the arms shatter. This is what she's been training for, even if it's probably just entertainment Civvy prepared for her. Still a more real fight than during training. She dashes forward, trying to slam her hammer into the creature's chest.
[The Castle]

And the slam is successful! The snow around the construct's torso melts away as the head of the hammer swings in, and strikes true, just over that glowing mote of light. The construct's torso is made of solid, mostly clear ice -- much like its arms -- allowing Iknika a perfect view of the gemstone core of the construct. Just like the ones in her hammer.
Splinters of ice fly off from where the spikes of the hammer shatter through ice, and heavy cracks appear through the construct.
But through those cracks, the energy of the core leaks out, and a shockwave radiates through the room (hopefully) knocking Iknika back to about half way between the construct and the door she had walked in from. A good sort of reset point!
At the same time, the released energy spread into the floor. Thin lines of glowing blue appear on the floor under and around Iknika, as well as a much, much thicker line around the front and sides of the construct. The construct's back, though, visible in the brief moment the shockwave was pushing, did not have any of this thick, glowing line behind it. the thin lines seem to be blocking out areas. Large enough to stand and maneuver in, but certainly not spacious, were one to stand between the glowing lines.

Iknika may or may not be pretty much directly on top of one of those lines, though they seem stationary. Just . . . glowing brighter. And brighter.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Nov 27, 2022 7:56 am [Mountains]

And goodness, the hug Naku returns? Snug, comforting, and incredibly protective. "It is okay~ It is okay~ You are okay. You are safe." Naku replies, her own eyes a little misty. She can sympathize with this. She went . . . many years without anyone else's touch. She knew, at least in the vaguely related sense, what it was like.
And she'll give him as long as he needs. She'll rock back and forth slightly, humming a happy, tuneless little melody. A forgotten lullaby of a world long gone.
[Mountains]

Eos, however, won't. "As long as he needs" would be somewhere on the order of a few years, and he doubts Naku truly has that sort of patience.

...But... a few more minutes wouldn't hurt.

...Okay, time's up.

Eos reluctantly pulls away, sniffling and wiping his eyes on the sleeve of his robe, still shaking, but... clearly a bit more secure. He's no longer standing up on the tips of his toes, or keeping a safe distance away from Naku, or apprehensively watching her every move. The knowledge that he isn't about to accidentally obliterate her seems to do wonders for his confidence.

"...Okay." He says finally, standing up straight and giving her a little smile. "If you can touch me, then... then that plan to just fly out should work. Let's... let's go ahead and see her ladyship." He holds out his arms again, readying himself for the aforementioned flight.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"I wonder how Iknika is doing in there," Brinika muses, turning away from Sally and towards the castle. Meanwhile...

[The Castle]

Iknika rolls as she's flung back, with this strange kind of bounciness that goblins exhibit. She steps sideways, away from the glowing line. After a brief moment's consideration, she starts circling back to try and approach the construct from behind, but she's wary of the glowing lines. What will they do?
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Naku's seat is probably not the most comfortable since Mist didn't think to bring a saddle and he can't just make one (well he can but he sometimes forgets he's a god). Still, when Mist starts walking around he's doing so rather slowly.
"I don't think you need to be so worried. I think falling off would hurt some people but you're a holy champion and stuff." And also a vampire but he knows she doesn't like when people harp on that.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

"I hope she's having fun, even if it's not this much fun." Cheasadh smiles at Brinika to try and reassure her. The gnome trusts Civvy to ensure their cousin remains safe, even if there's some element of danger involved.

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 27, 2022 9:29 am [Mountains]

Eos, however, won't. "As long as he needs" would be somewhere on the order of a few years, and he doubts Naku truly has that sort of patience.

...But... a few more minutes wouldn't hurt.

...Okay, time's up.

Eos reluctantly pulls away, sniffling and wiping his eyes on the sleeve of his robe, still shaking, but... clearly a bit more secure. He's no longer standing up on the tips of his toes, or keeping a safe distance away from Naku, or apprehensively watching her every move. The knowledge that he isn't about to accidentally obliterate her seems to do wonders for his confidence.

"...Okay." He says finally, standing up straight and giving her a little smile. "If you can touch me, then... then that plan to just fly out should work. Let's... let's go ahead and see her ladyship." He holds out his arms again, readying himself for the aforementioned flight.
[Mountains]

Naku does actually have more than her fair share of patience. She spent uncounted decades hunting, sneaking, hiding, waiting. And hugs are far far far more enjoyable than any of those moments were.
A few minutes? Wouldn't hurt anything at all.

Naku smiles warmly at Eos, and, unless stopped, gently reaches a hand up to wipe away a tear with her moderately calloused thumb. She smiles happily and nods once. "Certainly. Shall we?"
Naku nods again at the holding the arms out, before she supports him under his arms, flexes her knees just a bit, tenses, and then bursts into motion. Full, absolutely beautiful, angelic wings of pure ice erupt from behind her. They flap powerfully once, propelling the pair off the ground, then a second time to launch them upwards. The rush of movement is exhilarating, and their approach to the ceiling, rapid. But Naku aims them well, and the duo erupt from the small hold in the ground of the mountain, and lift a bare few extra feet above it, just perfectly enough to let them lightly land back on solid ground, with minimal staggering or having to adjust.

Naku releases Eos, and cricks her neck a few times, her wings dissolving into a localized little blizzard of snowflakes behind her.
Morty wrote: Nov 29, 2022 5:44 pm [The Swarm]

"I wonder how Iknika is doing in there," Brinika muses, turning away from Sally and towards the castle. Meanwhile...
"She is doing beautifully, I assure you! Probably just some . . . Twists and turns." Civvy giggles slightly to herself, almost at some kind of inside joke . . .
Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 29, 2022 7:22 pm The Swarm

"I hope she's having fun, even if it's not this much fun." Cheasadh smiles at Brinika to try and reassure her. The gnome trusts Civvy to ensure their cousin remains safe, even if there's some element of danger involved.
"I certainly hope so as well! And I will promise; I dislike folks getting hurt. I promise she's absolutely okay."
Keeper wrote: Nov 29, 2022 7:19 pm Portal, Another Time

Naku's seat is probably not the most comfortable since Mist didn't think to bring a saddle and he can't just make one (well he can but he sometimes forgets he's a god). Still, when Mist starts walking around he's doing so rather slowly.
"I don't think you need to be so worried. I think falling off would hurt some people but you're a holy champion and stuff." And also a vampire but he knows she doesn't like when people harp on that.
Portal, Another Time

"I . . . suppose you are correct. It likely would not hurt too excessively, but it would be distinctly uncomfortable." Naku's grip does not loosen. "So I. Um. Will attempt to not grip so tightly."
And while she tries, she . . . doesn't really succeeded.

Morty wrote: Nov 29, 2022 5:44 pm [The Castle]

Iknika rolls as she's flung back, with this strange kind of bounciness that goblins exhibit. She steps sideways, away from the glowing line. After a brief moment's consideration, she starts circling back to try and approach the construct from behind, but she's wary of the glowing lines. What will they do?
After Iknika crosses the second of the blue lines -- and is squarely in the middle of one of the fractalling outwards patterns -- the blue lines erupt, and thin ice walls explode from the ground, directly following the outline of each line's center. The walls must be fairly thin, but with jagged icicles at the top, it was definitely best Iknika wasn't over a line when they went up.
It looks like the wall directly surrounding the construct was much, much, *much* thicker, corresponding to the size of the glow of the line on the ground.
If what Iknika is seeing holds, there's likely a series of walled off little rooms, patterned by the fractal-like lines that had been on the ground, separated by thin walls of ice, between her and the back of the construct.
. . .
. . .
Also the top of the segment she's in is starting to freeze over. It's freezing downwards, a ceiling of ice thickening overhead, clearly seeking to envelop and trap.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"I think it's cool. She wants to be a knight and this lets her be one." Brinika nods solemnly.

[The Castle]

Iknika swings her hammer with vigor, trying to smash the wall and run right through it. If there are walls between her and her goal and she has a hammer, then her course of action is obvious.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Dec 15, 2022 6:54 pm [Mountains]

Naku does actually have more than her fair share of patience. She spent uncounted decades hunting, sneaking, hiding, waiting. And hugs are far far far more enjoyable than any of those moments were.
A few minutes? Wouldn't hurt anything at all.

Naku smiles warmly at Eos, and, unless stopped, gently reaches a hand up to wipe away a tear with her moderately calloused thumb. She smiles happily and nods once. "Certainly. Shall we?"
Naku nods again at the holding the arms out, before she supports him under his arms, flexes her knees just a bit, tenses, and then bursts into motion. Full, absolutely beautiful, angelic wings of pure ice erupt from behind her. They flap powerfully once, propelling the pair off the ground, then a second time to launch them upwards. The rush of movement is exhilarating, and their approach to the ceiling, rapid. But Naku aims them well, and the duo erupt from the small hold in the ground of the mountain, and lift a bare few extra feet above it, just perfectly enough to let them lightly land back on solid ground, with minimal staggering or having to adjust.

Naku releases Eos, and cricks her neck a few times, her wings dissolving into a localized little blizzard of snowflakes behind her.
[Mountains]

Eos braces himself for impact, but is pleasantly surprised to find that Naku apparently has a long and fruitful career as a precision stunt flier either ahead of or behind her, and they make it through the hole without so much as scraping against its edges. Granted, when his feet touch the mountain again, there's a dull rumble as an avalanche starts a few dozen meters below them, but there's no danger of falling back into the cave again.

"...Wow. I, um... wasn't expecting quite that." Eos admits, wincing as some of the trees closer to the base of the mountain are buried in snow. "...We... probably could make the rest of the trip to your Lady on foot, but... how much longer could you fly? I feel like that might be, um... safer."

For the rest of the realm, that is. A shorter path that involved minimal contact with the ground seems like it would have much less potential for collateral damage than the alternative.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

Swarm

"She'll be a great knight, I think." Cheasadh might also be biased. She does typically associate knights with horses and lances, which might look a bit silly for Iknika, but then swap the horse for a wolf or a giant beetle and the image isn't so daft any more.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Oh, dear. Maybe Naku just really doesn't like heights? Mist isn't that tall, though (at least he thinks; centaurs are actually really tall). If only she could be more comfortable with this sort of thing...
...Naku may find herself now sitting on a luxuriously comfortable saddle, complete with proper stirrups under her shoes and all. Mist, patron of travelers, does not notice the expenditure of power from his own wish.
"Okay, well, I'm just going to start walking back to the town. There's no hills or anything in that direction so it's just going to be a flat walk, okay?"
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Dec 17, 2022 7:07 am [Mountains]

Eos braces himself for impact, but is pleasantly surprised to find that Naku apparently has a long and fruitful career as a precision stunt flier either ahead of or behind her, and they make it through the hole without so much as scraping against its edges. Granted, when his feet touch the mountain again, there's a dull rumble as an avalanche starts a few dozen meters below them, but there's no danger of falling back into the cave again.

"...Wow. I, um... wasn't expecting quite that." Eos admits, wincing as some of the trees closer to the base of the mountain are buried in snow. "...We... probably could make the rest of the trip to your Lady on foot, but... how much longer could you fly? I feel like that might be, um... safer."

For the rest of the realm, that is. A shorter path that involved minimal contact with the ground seems like it would have much less potential for collateral damage than the alternative.
[Mountains]

It could be both!
It's probably both.
. . .
It's definitely both. Naku is just a very very very precise sort of person.
"Well, while I could fly us there, may I just. . . teleport us? Only with your permission, of course. Otherwise we can simply fly.

Also is your touch destructive to all things, and is it strictly via touch?"

Keeper wrote: Dec 18, 2022 3:43 pm Portal, Another Time

Oh, dear. Maybe Naku just really doesn't like heights? Mist isn't that tall, though (at least he thinks; centaurs are actually really tall). If only she could be more comfortable with this sort of thing...
...Naku may find herself now sitting on a luxuriously comfortable saddle, complete with proper stirrups under her shoes and all. Mist, patron of travelers, does not notice the expenditure of power from his own wish.
"Okay, well, I'm just going to start walking back to the town. There's no hills or anything in that direction so it's just going to be a flat walk, okay?"
Portal, Another Time

Naku doesn't mind heights, truthfully, but it was the combination of something moving under her, of its own volition and power and drive, and not her being in control of exactly where her own feet went. THAT was tripping her up more than she'd ever admit.

Though the saddle . . . "Oh that does feel nice. Thank you. Y-yes. Go right ahead. I . . . will hold on." Naku swallows once, and holds onto the saddle horn, instead of Mist.

Morty wrote: Dec 16, 2022 9:58 pm [The Swarm]

"I think it's cool. She wants to be a knight and this lets her be one." Brinika nods solemnly.
"Oh that's even better then!!" Civvy, who does know exactly what's going on, nods a few times, and rubs Sally's head a few times, playing a thumb against her cheek in a way that coaxes out a powerful purr from the dragon. "I'm delighted if I can offer you all a bit of a fun base if you want it!"
Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 17, 2022 11:57 am Swarm

"She'll be a great knight, I think." Cheasadh might also be biased. She does typically associate knights with horses and lances, which might look a bit silly for Iknika, but then swap the horse for a wolf or a giant beetle and the image isn't so daft any more.
"heck yeah she will! I have every faith in her!"
Morty wrote: Dec 16, 2022 9:58 pm [The Castle]

Iknika swings her hammer with vigor, trying to smash the wall and run right through it. If there are walls between her and her goal and she has a hammer, then her course of action is obvious.
And the wall shatters!! As soon as she hops through to the next segment, the previous one's descending wall of ice freezes fully, and almost slam's down behind her, shaking the entire courtyard slightly every time.
As she lands in the new segment, it, too, starts to freeze from the top.

But after a few cracks, as it sounds like she's moving towards, she'll find herself behind the half-cracked monster. It seems unaware of her presence.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Dec 22, 2022 4:14 am [Mountains]

It could be both!
It's probably both.
. . .
It's definitely both. Naku is just a very very very precise sort of person.
"Well, while I could fly us there, may I just. . . teleport us? Only with your permission, of course. Otherwise we can simply fly.

Also is your touch destructive to all things, and is it strictly via touch?"
[Mountains]

"...I... wasn't aware teleporting was an option." Eos blinks in surprise. "...I assume it's faster than flying, then?" It must be really fast, given how quickly they could get there by flying. "...Forgive my ignorance. I'm... a bit sheltered." The thamar grimaces.

"...But yes... and no." Eos shakes his head. "My touch is destructive, yes. It doesn't have to be touch, though. If I breathe too hard on something..." He trails off, letting Naku put it together on her own.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"Her name was Gara. She brought us here. She was really nice." Brinika's ears twitch. "You mean it could be our base in your realm? An embassy of Underside? A goblin and gnome enclave? What should we name it?"

[The Castle]

With a cry of martial fervor that would surely strike the fear into the hearts of all around her if anyone were present, Iknika charges and swings her hammer at the monster's back.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

"Yeah, Gara's lovely. I wonder how she's getting on?" But for now, there's another dragon to pay attention to, which is what Cheasadh's going to do.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Clop clop clop. Mist trots down the road heading back to town.
"So...are you liking it here? You seem to be doing really well." he looks around the pleasant little realm Civvy has built.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Dec 22, 2022 6:51 am [Mountains]

"...I... wasn't aware teleporting was an option." Eos blinks in surprise. "...I assume it's faster than flying, then?" It must be really fast, given how quickly they could get there by flying. "...Forgive my ignorance. I'm... a bit sheltered." The thamar grimaces.

"...But yes... and no." Eos shakes his head. "My touch is destructive, yes. It doesn't have to be touch, though. If I breathe too hard on something..." He trails off, letting Naku put it together on her own.
[Mountains]

Naku grins a bit, almost . . . mischievously. Her tail even swishes behind her a few times. "This realm is both . . . infinite, but also quite small. You always seem to be able to just arrive wherever you were going, and the trip never feels like it took very long. Unless the trip is the goal. In which case it will feel it takes the perfect amount of time. It is . . . a touch odd, I will admit.
So yes, a brief teleport would get us there instantly. Though . . . whether or not that would save time?"
She shrugs. She just lives here; she doesn't always understand here.
"Shall we?" She asks, offering a hand.
Morty wrote: Dec 22, 2022 8:26 pm [The Swarm]

"Her name was Gara. She brought us here. She was really nice." Brinika's ears twitch. "You mean it could be our base in your realm? An embassy of Underside? A goblin and gnome enclave? What should we name it?"
Civvy nods a few times!
"It's lookin' like it's gon' be yours! If you all want to use it as an embassy to Underside, sure, an enclave, sure." Civvy seemed to listen for a moment, then nodded. It was impossible to at least very very very difficult for anyone else to make out, but the moment Iknika's hammer shatters the golem, Civvy nods again. "Yes it definitely looks to be your all's castle. You can name it whatever you would like! I would like to come visit occasionally if you would let me! But I will also respect all of yours' rights to privacies!"
Earl of Purple wrote: Dec 23, 2022 2:28 pm The Swarm

"Yeah, Gara's lovely. I wonder how she's getting on?" But for now, there's another dragon to pay attention to, which is what Cheasadh's going to do.
ATTENTION? PATS? PETS? Sally is there in a moment, purring and begging for pet pat pots
Morty wrote: Dec 22, 2022 8:26 pm [The Castle]

With a cry of martial fervor that would surely strike the fear into the hearts of all around her if anyone were present, Iknika charges and swings her hammer at the monster's back.
And with that last strike, the cracks spread through the golem. The light from its core shine through those cracks, and the entire construct, from base to head, shatters. The effect is genuinely quite beautiful, with countless flakes of snow and ice suspended in the air, after a gust of wind that may have forced Iknika back a few inches. The pattering of the larger shards of ice raining down is blended with another sound, nearly perfectly matching them in timing.
Thump thump thump, went the chunks of ice, crystalline and singing as they land.
Clap. Clap. Clap. Came the other sound, timed with the ice chunks hitting the ground, so to start quietly, then eventually be the only sound remaining as the chunks settle and land.

It may take a second or two for the thick, almost fog-like blanket of snow and ice flakes to settle down enough for Iknika to be able to see again, but as soon as she can, she'll see Naku, slowly entering from the door Iknika had originally come from. It was she that was doing the clapping, a pleased smile on her face.
"Well fought." Naku says with a half bow of respect, though after taking a second to stop clapping, and shake her right hand. A thick layer of ice shattered off of her fingers, with what had almost appeared to be . . . glowing blue, magical strings? coming off of each finger. When these ice strings shatter, the rest of the glow from the construct fade away fully. "You have done well!"
Keeper wrote: Jan 02, 2023 11:08 pm Portal, Another Time

Clop clop clop. Mist trots down the road heading back to town.
"So...are you liking it here? You seem to be doing really well." he looks around the pleasant little realm Civvy has built.
Naku almost sighs slightly. Not sadly or anything, but just . . .finally starting to relax just a touch.
"Honestly I . . . like it here very much. It is very quiet. No one has tried to kill me yet." She actually manages a bit of a laugh, a pure, hearty sort of laugh. "I have been granted enough time between my duties to build most of a house. I have learned a lot. It is . . . good . . . to learn something that I can do with my hands that is more . . ." she clearly struggles a bit for the exact word to use, several options flitting through her head, all of which would be accurate. "positive."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Jan 03, 2023 3:12 am [Mountains]

Naku grins a bit, almost . . . mischievously. Her tail even swishes behind her a few times. "This realm is both . . . infinite, but also quite small. You always seem to be able to just arrive wherever you were going, and the trip never feels like it took very long. Unless the trip is the goal. In which case it will feel it takes the perfect amount of time. It is . . . a touch odd, I will admit.
So yes, a brief teleport would get us there instantly. Though . . . whether or not that would save time?"
She shrugs. She just lives here; she doesn't always understand here.
"Shall we?" She asks, offering a hand.
[Mountains]

No wonder Eos's destructive magic is comparatively muted here. Similarly destructive forces, such as basic logic and spatial reasoning, also seem to be quite diminished.

Eos hesitates for a moment, processing what Naku just said, before giving a little nod and gently grabbing ahold of her hand. "...We shall." He say finally.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Mist laughs along with her.
"That's nice. I've been building up the Inn, myself. My herd is still building their new home so they're all staying there and there just wasn't room. Also I think me living there makes it holy or something? I guess that makes sense. God stuff is weird."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"That's cool! We need a name for it now."

As soon as Brinika says it, the swarm of little goblins erupts with a storm of suggestions. "Upperside" or "Goblin rock" are common, but there are others as well.

"This might take a while."

[The Castle]

"Yeah! I'm the best!" Iknika hefts the hammer above herself with enough enthusiasm to fit in a body twice as large as hers. Praise seems to make her visibly swell. "Thanks for giving me a good fight, Naku."