Civiron's Realm

Locales abroad of the city centers, from out of doors to the outer planes.
Keeper
Moderately Powerful Moderator

Re: Civiron's Realm

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Mist blinks. He wasn't expecting a response that deadpan. He wiggles his lower half a little.
"C'mon, Naku. It's a joke. I'm half horse. Horses you know. They have big-" he flicks his tail for effect. Was she always this serious?
"But um! I'm technically a god of the wind and travelers and animals and stuff! I could try to be a fox again if you'd prefer me looking like that?" he offers. He's much more pettable like that.

Tags:
Morty
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

Between the two adults and three older teenagers, the group is kept on their planned route. They do stop frequently to admire this or that interesting or pretty sight, especially since the kids need rest as well. They wave enthusiastically to Grace as they pass her by. They don't seem to notice the eyes watching them from the woods.

The sight of the castle is greeted with a chorus of oohs and aahs from the assembled.

"So that's what a castle looks like!" one (relatively) large boy remarks.

"It's like a mountain built by people."
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

Cheasadh will stop at one point, looking out over a field before reaching into a pocket and pulling out a black hagstone and looking through the hole before smiling and handing it to Brinika. The hagstone's a very minor magical window; looking through it ordinarily shows a view of a field of colourful flowers on a sunny day, a field almost identical to the one Cheasadh's stopped to look at. Today, if Brinika looks through it, the window opens onto a view of Riverside, lit by the artificial sun.

At the castle, Cheasadh nods in response to the statement of a castle being a mountain built by people. "It really is, isn't it? But without the snow on top. It's probably not tall enough."
Avatar provided by Happyturtle. Still using it, after all these years.

Don't run now, my eggs are hatching.
Purple Countess
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster
Pronouns: They/she

Post by Purple Countess »

Mee wrote: Sep 04, 2022 8:35 am[Forest]

The little pink dragon, no larger than a traditional house-cat, makes an undignified little skwark noise as Zabb dashes over. The dragon scrambles up, claws catching in Civvy's shirt -- but very very carefully never actual skin -- to offer better footholds as it spirals quickly around her neck, and then up the side of her head to sit on top, perching over like some kind of head-parrot-gargoyle.
"Of course we could hang out!" Civvy replies, taking another slice of sushi between her fingers, and offering it up to the dragon.
It takes a few more seconds of the dragon looking at Zebb, before it very very gently takes the offered sushi, and does its best to down the whole thing in one bite. It fails, but adorably.

"I'm afraid you have me though! I am indeed Civvy, and who may you be? I am afraid I don't recognize you off the top of my head? I've been . . . kind of in seclusion around just my realm for a while now."
[Forest]

Zabb notices the little pink dragon get scared, and feels compassion for the little creature... but he's more focused on his convo with Civvy for the moment. "Yay!" And then he skwarks at the dragon, telling it that he means no harm and just wants to play with Civvy. Promise!

"Zabb!" He squeaks at her when asked his name. "We haven't met, but now we have! I said earlier that I was an angel, but... I'm actually divine like you. You can think of me as a video game dev with admin privileges... so we can go all out with play!" He rambles excitedly. "But I've only existed for 10 years now, so I'm still a noob, hahaha." He scratches his head sheepishly. "Maybe you could teach me some tricks too?"
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Sep 04, 2022 2:07 pm [Mountains]

"E-eos." The increasingly pink-faced youth responds reflexively. He doesn't seem to be at all reassured by Naku's appearance; if anything, he seems more unsettled, pressing back further against the cave wall, which greets him with an avalanche of sand, giving way slowly and continuing to provide more room to back up. "S-stay back, I'm warning you! If you touch me you're going to be sorry- oop!"

Eos, it appears, has stepped on his own cloak and tripped backward, landing on the cave floor with an ominous thud.

And then a still-more-ominous crackle as a network of thick, dark fissures appear, radiating around from him.

"OhnoohnoohnoIamSOsorry-"
[Mountains]

"Well, it is lovely to meet you, Eos." The tall, . . . wolf . . . vampire(?) smiles down at the youth. "I am only approaching to offer you a hand to get away from the sand and the wal-" Unfortunately for the smooth voiced wolf, that was about when the floor decided to crumble! To crack! To fissure and . . . break!

"Ah. Unfortunate." She says in a truly almost comedic deadpan, as the floor gives way under the two.

The two fall down into a cave -- assuming Eos doesn't do anything! He is, of course, welcome to! The rest of the post will just assume the two fall normally --, and on the way down, the vampire waves a hand, and another blizzard appears near 50, 60 feet downwards on the floor, creating a large pile of snow.
At least under Eos.
She lands on her feet, tucks and rolls to one side, coming up quickly, and looking around from a half-crouch. One hand out for balance, the other on . . . probably on a weapon at her hip, keeping it safely tucked to the side.
Keeper wrote: Sep 04, 2022 3:12 pm Portal, Another Time

Mist blinks. He wasn't expecting a response that deadpan. He wiggles his lower half a little.
"C'mon, Naku. It's a joke. I'm half horse. Horses you know. They have big-" he flicks his tail for effect. Was she always this serious?
"But um! I'm technically a god of the wind and travelers and animals and stuff! I could try to be a fox again if you'd prefer me looking like that?" he offers. He's much more pettable like that.
Portal, Another Time

"No no no, I apologize." Naku smiles slightly, and shakes her head a few times. "I was simply not expecting . . ." Naku shrugs, almost a bit helplessly. "Your promotion! You deserve it though, I know you were diligent and hard working! I am certain you are shining at this job now!
And just . . . if you wish to be a fox again. But I simply want you to be comfortable."

Morty wrote: Sep 04, 2022 10:18 pm [The Swarm]

Between the two adults and three older teenagers, the group is kept on their planned route. They do stop frequently to admire this or that interesting or pretty sight, especially since the kids need rest as well. They wave enthusiastically to Grace as they pass her by. They don't seem to notice the eyes watching them from the woods.

The sight of the castle is greeted with a chorus of oohs and aahs from the assembled.

"So that's what a castle looks like!" one (relatively) large boy remarks.

"It's like a mountain built by people."
[The Swarm]

Civvy and Naku are both patient, and are perfectly willing to let them take their time, poke around! Even if they wanted to go say hi to Grace! Who would welcome them with a smile, and offer some of those generic Strawberry Candies that grandmas always seem to have on hand, and would wish them all well.

"Yeah! It's really big!" Naku has also . . . disappeared? "It's all . . . castle-y!"
Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 05, 2022 4:22 pm The Swarm

Cheasadh will stop at one point, looking out over a field before reaching into a pocket and pulling out a black hagstone and looking through the hole before smiling and handing it to Brinika. The hagstone's a very minor magical window; looking through it ordinarily shows a view of a field of colourful flowers on a sunny day, a field almost identical to the one Cheasadh's stopped to look at. Today, if Brinika looks through it, the window opens onto a view of Riverside, lit by the artificial sun.

At the castle, Cheasadh nods in response to the statement of a castle being a mountain built by people. "It really is, isn't it? But without the snow on top. It's probably not tall enough."
". . . d-do you want snow on the top?" Civvy asks, looking over at Cheasadh, her wide eyes blinking a few times. "We can do that! We have Naku who really kinda just does the weather stuff around here for us. Do you want snow? She could make sure to hook you up!"
Purple Countess wrote: Sep 13, 2022 1:50 am [Forest]

Zabb notices the little pink dragon get scared, and feels compassion for the little creature... but he's more focused on his convo with Civvy for the moment. "Yay!" And then he skwarks at the dragon, telling it that he means no harm and just wants to play with Civvy. Promise!

"Zabb!" He squeaks at her when asked his name. "We haven't met, but now we have! I said earlier that I was an angel, but... I'm actually divine like you. You can think of me as a video game dev with admin privileges... so we can go all out with play!" He rambles excitedly. "But I've only existed for 10 years now, so I'm still a noob, hahaha." He scratches his head sheepishly. "Maybe you could teach me some tricks too?"
Truly, the little dragon was more startled than scared. But still kind of curls up on top of Civvy's head, watching.
. . .
And then it snatches the entire sushi roll and starts gnawing on it kind of like a dog with a bone.
"I see I see! Well, it's a pleasure to meet you." Civvy says with a pleasant smile. "Though I would ask you to please refrain from using your admin privileges toooooo much here, this is my realm, and I've worked very very hard on it to mimic the outside as best I can."
Purple Countess

[Forest]

"Oh, I promiseeee!" Zabb replies with a big grin, hand to chest, a universal sign that shows he's serious. "I wouldn't want people coming into my place and making a mess, either."

Then he eyes the dragon again. "Will he let me pet him?" He asks, foxxo ears twitching.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"I think it's fine. It doesn't need snow at the top." Civvy sure is eager to make the realm look like her guests want to, but Brinika doesn't think it's necessary. "We should go inside and see the interior."

"Uh... where's Naku?" Iknika asks, looking around, after the wolf-girl's name was mentioned.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

"Yeah, it's pretty perfect and perfectly pretty. Right, Liplicker?" Cheasadh turns towards the nearest non-Brinika goblin as she speaks, addressing her cousin as 'liplicker'. She probably does know his name, but... with so many running around Cheasadh needs to remember all of them which is trickier.

Ironsmith
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Sep 16, 2022 4:52 am [Mountains]

"Well, it is lovely to meet you, Eos." The tall, . . . wolf . . . vampire(?) smiles down at the youth. "I am only approaching to offer you a hand to get away from the sand and the wal-" Unfortunately for the smooth voiced wolf, that was about when the floor decided to crumble! To crack! To fissure and . . . break!

"Ah. Unfortunate." She says in a truly almost comedic deadpan, as the floor gives way under the two.

The two fall down into a cave -- assuming Eos doesn't do anything! He is, of course, welcome to! The rest of the post will just assume the two fall normally --, and on the way down, the vampire waves a hand, and another blizzard appears near 50, 60 feet downwards on the floor, creating a large pile of snow.
At least under Eos.
She lands on her feet, tucks and rolls to one side, coming up quickly, and looking around from a half-crouch. One hand out for balance, the other on . . . probably on a weapon at her hip, keeping it safely tucked to the side.
[Mountains]

"AAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Okay, he really needs to stop doing that. Panicking, that is. The more he panics, the more the situation spirals out of control, and the more out of control the situation, the more he panics. He needs to stop freaking out now, before-

Oooh those are stalactites falling toward them.

Fortunately, he's somewhat displaced by the pile of snow he's landed in. Which dissipates into a cloud of fine powder that hangs in the air as he falls through it, culminating in a small, person-shaped crater in the floor on the far side (though thankfully, no damage beyond that). One of the stalactites lands directly on his head, snapping in half and leaving him to massage at the point of impact awkwardly.

But, apart from the damage they've already done to the cave, nothing too terribly disruptive occurs. Not that it needs to; they've still fallen quite a distance and getting back out could be an endeavor.

"Oh, man. Ooooh man, I really messed up, dad's gonna kill me, if that Civvy lady doesn't first..." Eos whimpers, pacing back and forth nervously.
Last edited by Ironsmith on Oct 16, 2022 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

"Oh, it was pretty much dropped in my lap. And it's kind of my own fault and kind of destiny and all sorts of complicated things. But um, here, I haven't done this before but I am a God of Animals and I can definitely be a fox!" declares Mist, who is now-
a rhinoceros?
"Wait no, that's not right." he says with a shake of his head, poofing into- an elk? "Darnit, where's my fox aspect?"
Mist goes through several forms including an owl, a badger, a salmon, and a giraffe.
"Ok so it turns out being a God of Animals means I have a lot of animals in my portfolio and I need to organize this. I think I need to install a search function..."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Purple Countess wrote: Sep 17, 2022 11:50 am [Forest]

"Oh, I promiseeee!" Zabb replies with a big grin, hand to chest, a universal sign that shows he's serious. "I wouldn't want people coming into my place and making a mess, either."

Then he eyes the dragon again. "Will he let me pet him?" He asks, foxxo ears twitching.
[Forest]

"Come now Sally, say hi~" Civvy coaxed at the little dragon, raising a hand and letting her curl up around her forarm, rather than sitting atop her head. "Her name is Sally, and as long as you are gentle," Civvy seems to aim this last word more at the dragon, then Zabb, "and if she is willing to let you, you can pet her." The little dragon doesn't seem against getting patpat, but is definitely a bit wary of new peoples.
Morty wrote: Sep 18, 2022 11:00 pm [The Swarm]

"I think it's fine. It doesn't need snow at the top." Civvy sure is eager to make the realm look like her guests want to, but Brinika doesn't think it's necessary. "We should go inside and see the interior."

"Uh... where's Naku?" Iknika asks, looking around, after the wolf-girl's name was mentioned.
Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 18, 2022 11:46 pm The Swarm

"Yeah, it's pretty perfect and perfectly pretty. Right, Liplicker?" Cheasadh turns towards the nearest non-Brinika goblin as she speaks, addressing her cousin as 'liplicker'. She probably does know his name, but... with so many running around Cheasadh needs to remember all of them which is trickier.
[The Swarm]

"Ooookeedoke~! No snow it is! And ummm . . . ummmmmm . . . . she's . . . She's definitely around!" Civvy is very easy to read, and while she's definitely being truthful, there is definitely more she is opting to not add onto what she said. "But it may be Very Dangerous(!!!) in there! So maaaybeeeee we should send Iknika ahead? Check it out?"
Ironsmith wrote: Sep 19, 2022 1:07 am [Mountains]

"AAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Okay, he really needs to stop doing that. Panicking, that is. The more he panics, the more the situation spirals out of control, and the more out of control the situation, the more he panics. He needs to stop freaking out now, before-

Oooh those are stalactites falling toward them.

Fortunately, he's somewhat displaced by the pile of snow he's landed in. Which dissipates into a cloud of fine powder that hangs in the air as he falls through it, culminating in a small, person-shaped crater in the floor on the far side (though thankfully, no damage beyond that). One of the stalactites lands directly on his head, snapping in half and leaving him to massage at the point of impact awkwardly.

But, apart from the damage they've already done to the cave, nothing too terribly disruptive occurs. Not that it needs to; they've still fallen quite a distance and getting back out could be an endeavor.

"Oh, man. Ooooh man, I really messed up, dad's gonna kill me, if that Civvy lady doesn't first..." Eos whimpers, pacing back and forth nervously.
[Mountains]

"I can promise you," the vampire states with absolute assurity, "That it will not be my lady that is the one to end you." Now, on the one hand, the words by themselves sound pretty dang threatening. And her tone does try to mollify that; truly she's just wanting to assure her new friend that Civvy would truly never actually have it in her to hurt anyone else, ever. Buuuuuut for a mingotly panicking, stressed out, struggling Eos . . .
She finishes standing, and raises one hand above her head. A glow starts to radiate out, scattering throughout the room, as a million, faintly glowing little snowflakes spread and scatter, illuminating the dark cave, disappearing when they collide with a wall, leaving a perfectly lit, shadowless cave with an ambient glow everywhere.
"Well, there appear to be a few tunnels that may lead us out. These mountains are not so vast; I am certain we can find our way out. Do you have a preferred direction?" She asks, turning her glowing red eyes back to Eos.
Keeper wrote: Sep 19, 2022 3:29 am Portal, Another Time

"Oh, it was pretty much dropped in my lap. And it's kind of my own fault and kind of destiny and all sorts of complicated things. But um, here, I haven't done this before but I am a God of Animals and I can definitely be a fox!" declares Mist, who is now-
a rhinoceros?
"Wait no, that's not right." he says with a shake of his head, poofing into- an elk? "Darnit, where's my fox aspect?"
Mist goes through several forms including an owl, a badger, a salmon, and a giraffe.
"Ok so it turns out being a God of Animals means I have a lot of animals in my portfolio and I need to organize this. I think I need to install a search function..."
Portal, Another Time

Naku blinks a few *more* times. This was . . . strictly not anything she had expected this morning, waking up. But that was okay! Unexpected days were still quite enjoyable!
But while Mist works through his own things, Naku waves a hand behind her, a beautiful -- albeit jagged and vaguely threatening looking -- throne of ice appears behind her, and she sits down upon it. She tries her best to hold the conversation, while watching poor Mist flail slightly. "IIiii- . . . what is a Search Function? And is this all still . . . somewhat new? And still learning to control it properly? I can sympathize . . ."
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Sep 25, 2022 12:02 am [Mountains]

"I can promise you," the vampire states with absolute assurity, "That it will not be my lady that is the one to end you." Now, on the one hand, the words by themselves sound pretty dang threatening. And her tone does try to mollify that; truly she's just wanting to assure her new friend that Civvy would truly never actually have it in her to hurt anyone else, ever. Buuuuuut for a mingotly panicking, stressed out, struggling Eos . . .
She finishes standing, and raises one hand above her head. A glow starts to radiate out, scattering throughout the room, as a million, faintly glowing little snowflakes spread and scatter, illuminating the dark cave, disappearing when they collide with a wall, leaving a perfectly lit, shadowless cave with an ambient glow everywhere.
"Well, there appear to be a few tunnels that may lead us out. These mountains are not so vast; I am certain we can find our way out. Do you have a preferred direction?" She asks, turning her glowing red eyes back to Eos.
[Mountains]

Eos lets out a little sigh, not entirely relieved but seeing a need to focus on their immediate surroundings. "R-right. Um... um..." He looks around briefly, running his gauntlet-covered hands over each other as he considers his situation, before realizing the obvious solution to their dilemma. "W-well, actually, I'm... I'm here to see Civiron, actually, and... and if she's your lady, you must know how to find her, right?" He hugs his hands under his arms and gives a little nod. "If... if you can, would you take me to her?"

If he believes her to be a threat, he's not showing it. Well, apart from the fact that he's still keeping further back than arm's reach, which would seem to be a sensible precaution anyway.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"I'm not Liplicker, I'm Zandok," protests the young goblin. He's Iknika's youngest brother, a single child like Brinika and Iknika herself.

Meanwhile, Iknika's ears flick up and down in amusement.

"As a knight, it is my duty to head into danger first, in defense of my siblings and cousins. So I can scout the place out first."
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

"Oh yes, all this happened to me last week." Very new! Mist poofs back into centaur shape again.
"So, I used to shift by reaching for my fox or my human aspect and focusing on those, right? So imagine a cabinet with like...two things in it. And then you come back and suddenly there's five thousand things in that cabinet. So I just need a way to...look through it for what I need and organize all of it a little."
Purple Countess

Mee wrote: Sep 25, 2022 12:02 am [Forest]

"Come now Sally, say hi~" Civvy coaxed at the little dragon, raising a hand and letting her curl up around her forarm, rather than sitting atop her head. "Her name is Sally, and as long as you are gentle," Civvy seems to aim this last word more at the dragon, then Zabb, "and if she is willing to let you, you can pet her." The little dragon doesn't seem against getting patpat, but is definitely a bit wary of new peoples.
[Forest]

"Yay! Don't worry, Sally! I'll be gentle, I promise." Slowly, he reaches out to pet her, leaving his hand on her head for a couple seconds so she gets used to it... and then the petting begins!

Patpatpat.

"Doesn't that feel niiice?" He coos at the little dragon, stroking her head and back softly. "I know someone who'd love this place. She likes pink!" He's speaking of Svetlana of course, whom Civvy has never met.

He starts to materialize some food for the dragon, then pauses as he remembers Civvy's words. "Can I feed her?" He asks instead, glancing at the sushi plate.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

"Of course you aren't, Zandok. Grapok's the Liplicker." Which might have just transferred the insult to another of her cousins, but that's half the fun, Cheasadh's found. And she tries not to go for too obvious or insulting nicknames, besides. Liplicker's probably one of the worst ones, and if Grapok wasn't so messy when eating he'd probably have another one.

"Be safe, Iknika! Have fun!" Fun's probably guaranteed, but still worth wishing her.

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Sep 25, 2022 12:54 am [Mountains]

Eos lets out a little sigh, not entirely relieved but seeing a need to focus on their immediate surroundings. "R-right. Um... um..." He looks around briefly, running his gauntlet-covered hands over each other as he considers his situation, before realizing the obvious solution to their dilemma. "W-well, actually, I'm... I'm here to see Civiron, actually, and... and if she's your lady, you must know how to find her, right?" He hugs his hands under his arms and gives a little nod. "If... if you can, would you take me to her?"

If he believes her to be a threat, he's not showing it. Well, apart from the fact that he's still keeping further back than arm's reach, which would seem to be a sensible precaution anyway.
[Mountains]

"Hmmmm." Naku replies, folding her hand. The light radiating about the room remains, but she kneels down, tracing a few fingers through the frost on a few of the rocks in this opening of the cave system they had just found. "She is my Lady, indeed. And yes. I know precisely where she is. She is in the gardens, turn right twice, then left once, at each fork. She is on a bench on the left, I believe feeding sushi rolls to a small dragon." Naku stands, brushing her hand against her cloak. "But to get there, we must needs begone here, first . . ." She looks around a few times. "And my head is very bad in caves. I do not suppose you have any ideas as to where the way out is?"
Morty wrote: Sep 26, 2022 5:36 pm [The Swarm]

"I'm not Liplicker, I'm Zandok," protests the young goblin. He's Iknika's youngest brother, a single child like Brinika and Iknika herself.

Meanwhile, Iknika's ears flick up and down in amusement.

"As a knight, it is my duty to head into danger first, in defense of my siblings and cousins. So I can scout the place out first."
Earl of Purple wrote: Sep 28, 2022 9:06 pm The Swarm

"Of course you aren't, Zandok. Grapok's the Liplicker." Which might have just transferred the insult to another of her cousins, but that's half the fun, Cheasadh's found. And she tries not to go for too obvious or insulting nicknames, besides. Liplicker's probably one of the worst ones, and if Grapok wasn't so messy when eating he'd probably have another one.

"Be safe, Iknika! Have fun!" Fun's probably guaranteed, but still worth wishing her.
[The Swarm]

"Sounds good have fun have a great time! Just shout if you need us!" Civvy cheers Iknika on, hopping up and down and clapping a few times.

The drawbridge to the castle is open, and the inside . . . fairly gloomy. "Do . . . you need a light? I suppose I wouldn't expect anyone to have brought anything for that, since you were just coming here for a visit, so I'm totally happy to lend you something if you want!"
Keeper wrote: Sep 26, 2022 5:46 pm Portal, Another Time

"Oh yes, all this happened to me last week." Very new! Mist poofs back into centaur shape again.
"So, I used to shift by reaching for my fox or my human aspect and focusing on those, right? So imagine a cabinet with like...two things in it. And then you come back and suddenly there's five thousand things in that cabinet. So I just need a way to...look through it for what I need and organize all of it a little."
Portal, Another Time

Naku blinks a few times at that info. "Oh goodness! That is quite recent! What . . . brought on this change?" Naku is genuinely curious, from her Subzero Chair, and she blinks at Mist a handful of times. "And . . . okay. I can . . . understand that. That sounds far far more complicated than I had expected. I have not seen a cabinet that full since I visited Grace."
Purple Countess wrote: Sep 27, 2022 12:36 am [Forest]

"Yay! Don't worry, Sally! I'll be gentle, I promise." Slowly, he reaches out to pet her, leaving his hand on her head for a couple seconds so she gets used to it... and then the petting begins!

Patpatpat.

"Doesn't that feel niiice?" He coos at the little dragon, stroking her head and back softly. "I know someone who'd love this place. She likes pink!" He's speaking of Svetlana of course, whom Civvy has never met.

He starts to materialize some food for the dragon, then pauses as he remembers Civvy's words. "Can I feed her?" He asks instead, glancing at the sushi plate.
[Forest]

The little dragon 'murrrrrrr's a little cautiously, apparently just a bit skittish around people, but after the first few pats, starts to raise her head up into those pats, almost . . . purring? Happily.
"Certainly. For a tiny little dragon, you'd be surprised her appetite. Shy can put away about as much as someone twice my height." Civvy shook her head and giggled slightly.
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

[Mountains]

"I... no, I don't know the way out." Eos reddens, plopping down on the spot while they try to figure out where to go from here. "I'm a stranger in these lands. And even if I weren't, I'm... not used to spending a lot of time under the ground." He looks up at what's left of the floor they just fell through, quite a distance above them. "...Maybe we could climb back out somehow. Or maybe fly? Can you fly, by any chance?"

He doesn't think it's likely. If she could, she probably would have already.

"I... um..." The youth stammers as a potential solution comes to mind. "I... I actually do have something that might help. But it might hurt just as much, and... I mean, I don't think your lady would want me breaking her mountain any more than I already have..."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

"Oh well I was on a dream quest to acquire fey powers like my wife's when the whole divine seed thing happened." Has Mist mentioned he's married? He is wearing a wedding ring.
"Or did you mean why is my mental cabinet so full? That would be because my predecessor was the King of Beasts among other titles so I kind of got all of that as part of me now." Though properly speaking Mist is much more mellow than his predecessor, so his titles are all less aggressive. Hence why he's god of Wind instead of Storms despite theoretically having the exact same powers.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

"Yeah, he definitely licks lips with his boyfriend." The kids are still at the age where being revealed as kissing someone is clearly gross.

"It's fine," Iknika meanwhile says. "Goblins can see in the dark just fine." She strides into the castle confidently.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

"Hey, none of that. He and his boyfriend are really cute together, and he won't want you teasing him for it. I called him Liplicker because I have never known anyone to make so much mess when eating. He gets food on his ears, sometimes." Cheasadh would say the same- or similar- if Grapok had a girlfriend. Teasing someone's fine, teasing someone over their choice of partner is not.

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Oct 17, 2022 4:09 am [Mountains]

"I... no, I don't know the way out." Eos reddens, plopping down on the spot while they try to figure out where to go from here. "I'm a stranger in these lands. And even if I weren't, I'm... not used to spending a lot of time under the ground." He looks up at what's left of the floor they just fell through, quite a distance above them. "...Maybe we could climb back out somehow. Or maybe fly? Can you fly, by any chance?"

He doesn't think it's likely. If she could, she probably would have already.

"I... um..." The youth stammers as a potential solution comes to mind. "I... I actually do have something that might help. But it might hurt just as much, and... I mean, I don't think your lady would want me breaking her mountain any more than I already have..."
[Mountains]

"That is fine. I do not either." Naku shrugs once, shockingly calm at the whole situation. "I have never seen these caves, I must admit." And then she looks at him, blinking a few times, her eyes red and shimmering . . . weirdly . . . in the shadowless light of the room. "Of course I can fly. But I am certainly not going to leave you alone down here.

So tell me. What is this potential idea of yours? I am certain she wouldn't mind as long as you have me with you. But I would like to know before we commit to it."

Keeper wrote: Oct 17, 2022 3:23 pm Portal, Another Time

"Oh well I was on a dream quest to acquire fey powers like my wife's when the whole divine seed thing happened." Has Mist mentioned he's married? He is wearing a wedding ring.
"Or did you mean why is my mental cabinet so full? That would be because my predecessor was the King of Beasts among other titles so I kind of got all of that as part of me now." Though properly speaking Mist is much more mellow than his predecessor, so his titles are all less aggressive. Hence why he's god of Wind instead of Storms despite theoretically having the exact same powers.
Portal, Another Time

Naku blinks several times. She hadn't noticed the ring; or, if she hadn't, she hadn't noticed the significance behind it. "Congratulations on your marriage!" Naku smiles happily, nodding a few times. "I feel I am quite late to that, but I definitely wished to say it once at least!

Aaaahhh, and you inherited their powers?"
Naku asks, nodding a few more times. "That is a burden I am quite familiar with.
And you need to learn your own capabilities, as well as those you have inherited?"

Morty wrote: Oct 17, 2022 5:30 pm [The Swarm]

"Yeah, he definitely licks lips with his boyfriend." The kids are still at the age where being revealed as kissing someone is clearly gross.

"It's fine," Iknika meanwhile says. "Goblins can see in the dark just fine." She strides into the castle confidently.
"Okay! have fun!!" Civvy cheers and waves excitedly, before looking back at the other goblins real quick.
Earl of Purple wrote: Oct 20, 2022 12:14 pm The Swarm

"Hey, none of that. He and his boyfriend are really cute together, and he won't want you teasing him for it. I called him Liplicker because I have never known anyone to make so much mess when eating. He gets food on his ears, sometimes." Cheasadh would say the same- or similar- if Grapok had a girlfriend. Teasing someone's fine, teasing someone over their choice of partner is not.
The Swarm

"Oh my gosh?" Civvy asks, looking down at the gaggle. "He has a boyfriend? How is he so much more successful than me?? Oh my gosh!?" Civvy shakes her head a few times, patting the head of the small, house-cat sized pink dragon that is on her shoulders- . . . when did that little dragon get there it definitely wasn't there a second ago.

The Castle

Inside the castle is slightly undefined. Civvy had every plan that the first actual owners of the castle would determine the actual final floorplan, but there are some hallways, some rooms, but most of the side halls are sealed off by thick layers of clear ice. Iknika can see through the ice quite easily, it's clear and clean, can see some of the rooms, the rugs and paintings on the walls, and the fact that the entire hallway is full. It's no thin ice wall, the entire hallway was flooded and frozen.
But the way the hallways are sealed, are very very clearly leading Iknika into the large, open square in the middle of the castle . . .
Where, thankful, it's a good deal lighter. Even if she can see in the dark, it's still a sunny day out!
Though gosh, there's some fairly heavy snow falling inside the square inside the castle, that definitely wasn't snowing that hard back outside . . .

The square, should Iknika continue into it, is full of snow, large soft piles of fluffy white snow, but several of them piled up quite high.
And the one in the dead center?
Piled up the highest. And something feels . . . off about it . . .
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Nov 04, 2022 4:11 am [Mountains]

"That is fine. I do not either." Naku shrugs once, shockingly calm at the whole situation. "I have never seen these caves, I must admit." And then she looks at him, blinking a few times, her eyes red and shimmering . . . weirdly . . . in the shadowless light of the room. "Of course I can fly. But I am certainly not going to leave you alone down here.

So tell me. What is this potential idea of yours? I am certain she wouldn't mind as long as you have me with you. But I would like to know before we commit to it."
[Mountains]

"Well... I, um... how do I explain this..." Eos hugs his knees to his chest. "I'm... much bigger than I look. And I'm trying really hard to stay small and not break things."

One of the rocks from the ceiling bonks him on the head, tacitly reminding them both just how well he's succeeding at that.

"If I let myself stretch out a little, I could easily get out of the mountain. By, um... by dint of there no longer being a mountain." Eos explains sheepishly. "If you can fly, you can get clear and I can do it without hurting you... if your Lady doesn't mind, of course."

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

Civvy's exclamation makes Brinika wonder. Does she want a boyfriend? Or a girlfriend? She's never thought about it, but she's reached the age where such ruminations come to a young person. But then her train of thought is derailed by a small dragon.

"Where'd this dragon come from? It's so cute!"

[The Castle]

Iknika certainly wasn't expecting this much ice and snow. The snow might be Civvy's choice of decor, she supposes. A mountaintop snowy castle. But the ice? Maybe it's just to keep people out of unfinished sections of the castle.

Well, nothing to do but continue inside. Nothing she sees really concerns Iknika; Civvy wouldn't put anything dangerous in this castle. Not if she prepared it for guests, but she just generally doesn't seem capable of malice. She walks over to the highest snow-pile and tries to touch it, see if anything is underneath it.
Earl of Purple
Transcendent Soul Poster

Post by Earl of Purple »

The Swarm

Brinika's not the only one wondering about boy or girl friends; Cheasadh, however, has put a little thought into it- enough thought to know if someone does attract her attention, though she's got no idea as to who that person might be.

"It is a very cute dragon. And so small, too." Cheasadh smiles at the dragon, and really wants to reach out and touch it, but it's Civvy's and might not like being handled. Besides, her swarm of cousins probably want to touch it first.

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Mist nods. "Thanks. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the wedding."
He glances back at his lower half, looking embarrassed again. "And I suppose so, yes. My powers are all new to me. And what I used to be able to do, I can't necessarily do now. I have a whole different range of movement now. And holes in the road would be significantly more threatening if I wasn't an actual literal god of travelers."
Horses have a much worse time with ankle injuries than people.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 04, 2022 5:25 am [Mountains]

"Well... I, um... how do I explain this..." Eos hugs his knees to his chest. "I'm... much bigger than I look. And I'm trying really hard to stay small and not break things."

One of the rocks from the ceiling bonks him on the head, tacitly reminding them both just how well he's succeeding at that.

"If I let myself stretch out a little, I could easily get out of the mountain. By, um... by dint of there no longer being a mountain." Eos explains sheepishly. "If you can fly, you can get clear and I can do it without hurting you... if your Lady doesn't mind, of course."
[Mountains]
Naku's head tilts slightly, her mass of dark purple hair shifting behind her, and her ears wiggling slightly. Honestly, her tail even swishes once, as a ghost of a smile finds its way to her lips.
"I understand." A quick nod, and she paces a few steps closer. "Or, as I believe my lady would find some amount of hassle in rebuilding this mountain, and clearly she put it here for a reason," author's note she sure did not "Let us not do that. If you would not object to my approaching you, I can either fly or just lift the two of us out. That . . . I believe, would be far simpler."
Morty wrote: Nov 05, 2022 1:05 pm [The Swarm]

Civvy's exclamation makes Brinika wonder. Does she want a boyfriend? Or a girlfriend? She's never thought about it, but she's reached the age where such ruminations come to a young person. But then her train of thought is derailed by a small dragon.

"Where'd this dragon come from? It's so cute!"
Earl of Purple wrote: Nov 05, 2022 3:04 pm The Swarm

Brinika's not the only one wondering about boy or girl friends; Cheasadh, however, has put a little thought into it- enough thought to know if someone does attract her attention, though she's got no idea as to who that person might be.

"It is a very cute dragon. And so small, too." Cheasadh smiles at the dragon, and really wants to reach out and touch it, but it's Civvy's and might not like being handled. Besides, her swarm of cousins probably want to touch it first.
The Swarm"Oh! Yeah! Of course! This is Sally! Sally Mander! She's been hanging around recently. She needed a home." Civvy kneels down to hopefully get the dragon closer to hands that wish to pat her. "Sallyyyyy?" Civvy asks of the dragon, holding her out at mostly arm's reach, and turning to look her in the eye, kind of like one would do with a cat. The dragon makes a squeaky sort of almost 'eep'-ing noise. "Would you like some pats?" The little dragon made a harumph! of noise, and a small cloud of ice particles slipped out of her maw.
"She would love to meet you all." Civvy translates, as the dragon coils back up around one of her arms, before dropping to the ground on all fours -- . . . okay. On her side. Another almost 'eep' slips out of her as she lands in an undignified way, and she shakes her head as she rights herself. But then she curiously peeks and sneaks her way towards the gaggle. Clearly a liiiiittle spooked, but curious, and the promise of new friends is a strong one!
Morty wrote: Nov 05, 2022 1:05 pm [The Castle]

Iknika certainly wasn't expecting this much ice and snow. The snow might be Civvy's choice of decor, she supposes. A mountaintop snowy castle. But the ice? Maybe it's just to keep people out of unfinished sections of the castle.

Well, nothing to do but continue inside. Nothing she sees really concerns Iknika; Civvy wouldn't put anything dangerous in this castle. Not if she prepared it for guests, but she just generally doesn't seem capable of malice. She walks over to the highest snow-pile and tries to touch it, see if anything is underneath it.
[The Castle]

Iknika, however, is running far into far far far more dangerous, though truly no less hazardous, situations inside! Civvy may actually have put something dangerous in the castle!
As Iknika touches the pile of snow, there is nothing under it, but there is . . . it is definitely not a pile of snow.
The pile shudders, shakes, and rumbles threateningly as it shudders away the accrued dusting of loose snow it had received. In a matter of moments, the vaguely humanoid top half of some sort of . . . snow golem? Elemental? towered over the former pile of snow. It was a waist-up creature, with two arms, each ending in a large, menacing looking balled fist of snow, and a frozen, icey head sat atop, two pin points of blue fire where the eyes would be, looking down at Iknika. The arms, chest, and fist, seemed to be covered in some thick layer of snow hiding details underneath, but snow was very good at hiding things; who knew what rocks, ice, and malice resided in those horse sized fists.

Speaking of fists, the first one starts to come around nearly immediately. The creature rears its fist entirely behind its body, swinging it cumbersomely around up, over its head, to ponderously come crashing down where Iknika was standing.
Keeper wrote: Nov 05, 2022 5:03 pm Portal, Another Time

Mist nods. "Thanks. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the wedding."
He glances back at his lower half, looking embarrassed again. "And I suppose so, yes. My powers are all new to me. And what I used to be able to do, I can't necessarily do now. I have a whole different range of movement now. And holes in the road would be significantly more threatening if I wasn't an actual literal god of travelers."
Horses have a much worse time with ankle injuries than people.
"Oh it is quite all right! I was not around. If anything, I am truly sorry to have missed it! It should not be you being sorry for my being away." Though Naku . . . tilts her head at this last bit. "But your legs are much longer. Is it . . . would you get stuck more easily? Fall in?"
Ironsmith

Post by Ironsmith »

Mee wrote: Nov 10, 2022 6:06 am [Mountains]
Naku's head tilts slightly, her mass of dark purple hair shifting behind her, and her ears wiggling slightly. Honestly, her tail even swishes once, as a ghost of a smile finds its way to her lips.
"I understand." A quick nod, and she paces a few steps closer. "Or, as I believe my lady would find some amount of hassle in rebuilding this mountain, and clearly she put it here for a reason," author's note she sure did not "Let us not do that. If you would not object to my approaching you, I can either fly or just lift the two of us out. That . . . I believe, would be far simpler."
[Mountains]

"Don't!" Eos objects immediately, withdrawing a distance further away from Naku. "...Don't touch me. I'm..." He shudders and runs his hands against his arms, looking up at Naku worriedly. "...It's not safe to touch me." He holds up his sleeve, rolling it over so Naku can see the pink dye all over it. "...When I set out from... home... I was wearing the traditional attire for one of our kind. White vestments." He shakes his head. "...Please don't touch me."

The youth holds his knees to his chest, rocking back and forth, visibly distressed. "...Don't touch me." He repeats shakily.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Portal, Another Time

Hm. Maybe Naku doesn't have much experience with horses? Mist didn't before he...well. But he did know some things about them.
"Well, if they were big enough for me to fall in I might have some trouble. Jumping's harder when I don't have a running start and I wouldn't have a hope of pulling myself up with my arms since my backside's so heavy. But ah, no. I meant that horses have a reputation for not taking sprained ankles well. At all."
He smirks.
"Along with all the other things of course like being good at carrying things."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[The Swarm]

The small, adorable dragon is going to melt most hearts and those of the swarm of tiny goblins are not unusual here. Soon Sally will be approached by many children who want to pet her or just take a closer look.

"Sally Mander? Like a salamander?" Brinika's ears twitch up and down. She's staying back to let her younger cousins pet Sally.

[The Castle]

Okay, Iknika really wasn't expecting that. But the training she's had pays off, combined with the natural goblin survival instincts, and she retreats away from the construct quickly. Though that wasn't too hard. This thing is quite slow. It's possible Civvy put it here to serve as a play-challenge for visitors to overcome.

Whether or not that's true, it's a challenge Iknika will meet. She looks around for anything she could use as a weapon, preferably top-heavy and swingable like an axe or hammer.