The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Wolfbane
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Re: The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Post by Wolfbane »

Other Character Introductions

When Ber'ri stops groaning, she might just find a stout dwarfish figure next to her, peering at her closely from his hood. Ivarr is awfully sneaky when he wishes to be. "I overheard some aaAAaaing noises." He says before reaching into his cloak and pulling out a somehow full tankard of beer, slamming it down on the table and turning it around so the handle is towards her. "And the rest. Congrats, lil' miss. I'd say it's time for you to celebrate and celebrate proper. So drink up an' afterward I'll just pick you up an' carry you off." He gives a slight nod towards Ber'ri's friend. "With yer permission and encouragement of course?"

Tags:
FireFox
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/She

Post by FireFox »

Mee wrote: Nov 14, 2022 3:39 am And fairly quickly, in fact, her order comes up!
"Hi hello welcome!" Sally welcomes the newcomer. The towering dragoness . . . well. Towers. A significant deal taller than her newest customer, her emerald green eyes have to look down over the swell of her own chest to make sure to make eye contact as best she can!
. . . Maybe sitting down would be best for taking orders, Sally muses.
But not right now!
"Welcome to the Garnet! What can I get started for you today?" She asks with a beaming smile on her face.
The catgirl looks up at the towering dragon girl, her blue eyes wide in surprise. "Asdafjoiafjm," she squeaks out automatically. Then she tilts her neck up to lift her gaze another foot in order to look Sally in the eyes. "U-um, sorry. I, uh, y-you, sorry. C-c-coffee?"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Wolfbane wrote: Nov 15, 2022 1:28 am Ivarr gives a small smile and reaches out to give Sally's hand a gentle squeeze. "Aye, I've been okay, Sally. Just life moving forward, Frith crossing the sky, and Inle has yet to come for me." He says giving another squeeze. "I've decided to look for a bit of adventure though. Follow my beloved's wishes and move on and all that, you know? I was hoping to take a seat, look for anyone who might have a lil' bit of a nefarious nature, and hope that I can be wrangled in to some whirlwind quest dragging me off to who knows where." He pauses for a bit before letting go of the hand and grinning through the thick beard. "With time set aside for that cabin trip of course. I can bring the beer if you'll bring the coffee."
Sally listens to Ivarr talking, and honestly, the more words he says, the more misty the dragon's eyes get. Life moving on; following the wishes of those no longer here; the poetic sort of verbage describing it all . . .
Sally sniffles, and her free hand wipes a tear off her cheek, before she leans across the table to give Ivarr a hug. "Ivarr, you are always always always welcome to find a seat here.
And you know me!"
Sally sniffles slightly, nodding once, a bit of a grin returning to her face. "I will always bring the coffee with me."
Wolfbane wrote: Nov 21, 2022 8:32 pm Other Character Introductions

When Ber'ri stops groaning, she might just find a stout dwarfish figure next to her, peering at her closely from his hood. Ivarr is awfully sneaky when he wishes to be. "I overheard some aaAAaaing noises." He says before reaching into his cloak and pulling out a somehow full tankard of beer, slamming it down on the table and turning it around so the handle is towards her. "And the rest. Congrats, lil' miss. I'd say it's time for you to celebrate and celebrate proper. So drink up an' afterward I'll just pick you up an' carry you off." He gives a slight nod towards Ber'ri's friend. "With yer permission and encouragement of course?"
Kara grins, nods once at Ivarr, having seen him around her mom a time or two. And looks at her watch. "Gosh and golly would you look at the time? I did promise mom I'd help out a bit." The half dragon stands and grins down at the two, with a nod to them both. Her grin fueled a lot by the way Ber'ri continued to make a quiet little 'aaaaaaa?????' noise.

"H-h-h-h-hello." Ber'ri manages, very, very quietly. She reaches up and brushes some of her hair back from her truly absolutely adorable face. Her eyes are wide and a bit spooked, as the shy woman swallows once, and bites at her lower lip.
"M-my name is Ber'ri. It's- It's . . .
. . .
Is that alcoholic?"
Oh my gosh is this exactly what she needs? She takes the offered mug, and sips a bit of it.
. .
Before sipping a whole lot more "Oh gosh thank you."
FireFox wrote: Nov 25, 2022 8:30 pm The catgirl looks up at the towering dragon girl, her blue eyes wide in surprise. "Asdafjoiafjm," she squeaks out automatically. Then she tilts her neck up to lift her gaze another foot in order to look Sally in the eyes. "U-um, sorry. I, uh, y-you, sorry. C-c-coffee?"
Sally nods a few times, being quite fluent in bottom herself.
"It is a pleasure to meet you too!
And yes! Of course! What would you like?"
Sally asks, a smile beaming across the countertop, totally and unaware that her mere existence is causing the catgirl to go full bottom.
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

"I-I'd like," Rebekah blushes and bites down on an honest answer to Sally's question. Come on cat, pull it together. She knew she came in here for a specific reason, but it's so hard to focus with a woman that beautiful smiling at her. Where are they again? She looks around frantically for a reminder. Aha, the cafe. And the barista was asking for her order. She can start with that!

"Can I get an espurresso nyacchiato? And please steam the milk as hot as you can." Fortunately, she's ordered macchiatos regularly enough to be able to say that without stammering, operating on pure reflex. Wait. She did say "espresso macchiato"... right? Right?
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

A Celebration

The dwarf lets the lass drink for a few moments before introducing himself. Ber'ri's friend abandoning her was certainly permission in his book. "Ivarr. Pleasure to meet ya. An' again, congratulations." He says sincerely before simply sliding an arm under her tush and lifting her bodily from it with ease. He's skillful enough to keep her balanced and keep her drink from spilling as well provided she doesn't flail about too much. He doesn't move far, taking her to the seats near the fireplace and settling down with her on a loveseat. A proper gentledwarf, he undoes his cloak once she's seated and lays it across her to help with the warmth. It felt warm, lined with soft rabbit fur and insulated. A veritable winter blanket. Without his cloak hiding him, Ivarr was quite a lean dwarf, wearing fine Ilthilmar mail under a padded tunic embroidered with gold and silver thread in the shape of both elven and dwarven runes.

He's careful with a pair of long daggers on his hips as he takes a seat. Even sheathed he didn't want to mark the furniture too much. "Sorry for absconding with you, but by the way you were, I was afraid you'd run off before anything. And I figured a bit of strong encouragement might help open things up." He gives a little nod to the drink. "And a bit of dwarven encouragement doesn't hurt."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

FireFox wrote: Nov 28, 2022 3:37 am "I-I'd like," Rebekah blushes and bites down on an honest answer to Sally's question. Come on cat, pull it together. She knew she came in here for a specific reason, but it's so hard to focus with a woman that beautiful smiling at her. Where are they again? She looks around frantically for a reminder. Aha, the cafe. And the barista was asking for her order. She can start with that!

"Can I get an espurresso nyacchiato? And please steam the milk as hot as you can." Fortunately, she's ordered macchiatos regularly enough to be able to say that without stammering, operating on pure reflex. Wait. She did say "espresso macchiato"... right? Right?
Oh no.
Oh no she's incredibly cute.
Sally beams an overjoyed smile. "Of course! One kitty cat special coming right up~" And Sally gets to work! It's hard to talk over the grinding of the . . . well. The bean grinder. Or the swoosh and frothing noises of the milk, but the drink is up pretty quick, and Sally doodles a cute leaf into the foam on top, before sliding it across the countertop to this adorable little kitten. Watching Sally work is always a joy, it's one of the few times she's actually coordinated. Her tail tip flicks across the lever to start the grinding, her hand movements are precise and practiced, and she moves the frothing cream just enough to make it steam and heat perfectly. "All righty~ If you need anything else added in, there's a little counter of condiments just over there~"
Wolfbane wrote: Dec 11, 2022 2:32 am A Celebration

The dwarf lets the lass drink for a few moments before introducing himself. Ber'ri's friend abandoning her was certainly permission in his book. "Ivarr. Pleasure to meet ya. An' again, congratulations." He says sincerely before simply sliding an arm under her tush and lifting her bodily from it with ease. He's skillful enough to keep her balanced and keep her drink from spilling as well provided she doesn't flail about too much. He doesn't move far, taking her to the seats near the fireplace and settling down with her on a loveseat. A proper gentledwarf, he undoes his cloak once she's seated and lays it across her to help with the warmth. It felt warm, lined with soft rabbit fur and insulated. A veritable winter blanket. Without his cloak hiding him, Ivarr was quite a lean dwarf, wearing fine Ilthilmar mail under a padded tunic embroidered with gold and silver thread in the shape of both elven and dwarven runes.

He's careful with a pair of long daggers on his hips as he takes a seat. Even sheathed he didn't want to mark the furniture too much. "Sorry for absconding with you, but by the way you were, I was afraid you'd run off before anything. And I figured a bit of strong encouragement might help open things up." He gives a little nod to the drink. "And a bit of dwarven encouragement doesn't hurt."
A Celebration

"Eep!" Ber'ri's rapid exclamation sneaks out of her as she's hefted and lifted. Gosh . . . where could she have gotten that peculiar catchphrase from? Impossible to know.
"A-a-a- pleasure to meet you, I-ivarr." Helping his hefting of the half-pint heifer is that . . . well. Ber'ri is very very light. She clocks in at maybe 5'2", 5'3" at most, and weighs next to nothing. She manages to not flail, physically. Mentally, as she's carried over, she flails and squirms and panics and relaxes and worries and settles down and runs in small circles going aaaaa. But physically she maintains her composure!
"Ooohhhhh." Ber'ri almost misses his next comments, just due to being absolute fascinated with his cloak. Gosh. It's so soft. So warm. So very very nice. She runs her slender fingers through its fur, squeezing just a touch to really get a feel for it.
"Waaarm . . .

B-b-but um. Um. I- . . ."
She had to take another swig, as Ivarr correctly and entirely gets it correct. "P- . . .
Probably would have bolted yeah. S-sorry."
She bows her head slightly, her mint hair covering her face as she tries to hide even just a little bit.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

A Celebration

Ivarr looks at her for a moment, internally debating something before simply reaching out and setting his hand on the top of her head. He pats her gently, even rubbing a little. "Nothin' to be ashamed of, lass. Yer a good girl." He says adamantly. "I'd expect most to go dashing off the moment a strange dwarf suddenly appears." Ivarr takes a moment, pulling out a small wooden pipe and a pouch. Before he lights up, he holds it up a little. "Do you mind?" He'll glance towards Sally as well to make sure he's allowed from her as well.

"So, how do you want to celebrate?"
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

The door to the cafe is pushed upon and in staggers a woman with white snakes for hair. She's dressed in what could be described as fancy street clothes that now appear rather disheveled and reeking of alcohol.
She stops as soon as she door closes behind her and looks around. Her jade-colored eyes seemingly being blinded by the normal lighting within. "What the fuck? What lame-ass shit is this?" And how drunk was she? This didn't look like the den at all!
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Celebration

Another guest walks in, sidestepping the drunk gorgon with a slightly judgmental look. This is a cute place, and she's walking in drunk?
This guest would be Mina Tososora, a rather massive blond minotaur in casual winter clothes (but still with a steel sai tucked into her jacket's belt). She's well muscled and probably one of the few people who can look Sally in the eye without having to look up.
The minotaur approaches the counter but can't help but get sidetracked by the dwarf and the cowgirl in front of her.
"Celebrating? Congratulations on whatever it is." she says warmly. She's clearly trying to say something nice without forcing herself into someone else's conversation.
FireFox

Post by FireFox »

Mee wrote: Jan 03, 2023 3:47 am Oh no.
Oh no she's incredibly cute.
Sally beams an overjoyed smile. "Of course! One kitty cat special coming right up~" And Sally gets to work! It's hard to talk over the grinding of the . . . well. The bean grinder. Or the swoosh and frothing noises of the milk, but the drink is up pretty quick, and Sally doodles a cute leaf into the foam on top, before sliding it across the countertop to this adorable little kitten. Watching Sally work is always a joy, it's one of the few times she's actually coordinated. Her tail tip flicks across the lever to start the grinding, her hand movements are precise and practiced, and she moves the frothing cream just enough to make it steam and heat perfectly. "All righty~ If you need anything else added in, there's a little counter of condiments just over there~"
Rebekah watches Sally work with great interest, her long blue tail flicking from side to side. She takes a quick sip of the macchiato when it's served and doesn't seem to mind it being hot enough to burn a normal person's mouth. "Mmm~ Delicious, thank you." As she fumbles in her pocket for anonymous cash to pay with, she finally remembers her original plan that didn't survive first contact with the enemy that was tol dragongirl. "Um, a-actually... are you guys, like, h-hiring?"
Forum Foxperson Funder

Characters

Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Thursday Violist »

It's too cold outside.

That's why a slimegirl entered the Cafe. Blue translucent slime, with red markings on the surface on some parts, and her legs meet together before making a puddle.

Yeah, it's way too cold outside. She doesn't like it.

In here, however? A bit warmer, she's okay with it.
The slimegirl looks around for the warmest place, where the most heat is coming from in here, and moves towards it. Once there, she curls up to recover from all the snow she picked up while moving around outside.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Wolfbane wrote: Jan 03, 2023 4:40 pm A Celebration

Ivarr looks at her for a moment, internally debating something before simply reaching out and setting his hand on the top of her head. He pats her gently, even rubbing a little. "Nothin' to be ashamed of, lass. Yer a good girl." He says adamantly. "I'd expect most to go dashing off the moment a strange dwarf suddenly appears." Ivarr takes a moment, pulling out a small wooden pipe and a pouch. Before he lights up, he holds it up a little. "Do you mind?" He'll glance towards Sally as well to make sure he's allowed from her as well.

"So, how do you want to celebrate?"
A Celebration

Ber'ri looks up at that big hand coming her way, almost a touch . . . worried?
But then . . .
pat.
And she giggles. A bit of a flush in her cheeks, with the drink already hitting her. "Thaaaaaaaaaannnnk.
But nooooo! I'd never- I'd- . . . yeah okay."
Ber'ri we just established you would absolutely have bolted. "O-oh yeah. Yeah of course. If- if you want to light up that's okay. We've got some good vents and stuff, it'll just magically not actually bother any of the other patrons. Though blowing things like smoke rings works. I do not and will not pretend to understand it."

Sally echos this sentiment by giving the thumbs up.

"But um, how, uh . . . apparently there are automated systems to handle all my bank accounts and things and accounts that are important. So . . . I dunno.
It's weird. It's done. I didn't . . . think this through fully."
She takes another swig of the offered alcohol. "Probably order something with milk in it." Ber'ri no one else knows what that means.
Keeper wrote: Jan 03, 2023 9:57 pm A Celebration

Another guest walks in, sidestepping the drunk gorgon with a slightly judgmental look. This is a cute place, and she's walking in drunk?
This guest would be Mina Tososora, a rather massive blond minotaur in casual winter clothes (but still with a steel sai tucked into her jacket's belt). She's well muscled and probably one of the few people who can look Sally in the eye without having to look up.
The minotaur approaches the counter but can't help but get sidetracked by the dwarf and the cowgirl in front of her.
"Celebrating? Congratulations on whatever it is." she says warmly. She's clearly trying to say something nice without forcing herself into someone else's conversation.
A Celebration

Sally starts to say hi and give welcomes, but as she gets sidetracked by the duo, nods a few times, and leans back. There'll be time to get her drinks too later!

"O-oh t-thank you!" Ber'ri, the maybe 5'2", mint haired, floppy eared cowgirl says with a bit of another blush. She's holding a borrowed flask that's definitely got something a bit stronger than water in it. As part of the celebrations! "J-just some . . . some paperwork went through is all."
FireFox wrote: Jan 05, 2023 3:18 am Rebekah watches Sally work with great interest, her long blue tail flicking from side to side. She takes a quick sip of the macchiato when it's served and doesn't seem to mind it being hot enough to burn a normal person's mouth. "Mmm~ Delicious, thank you." As she fumbles in her pocket for anonymous cash to pay with, she finally remembers her original plan that didn't survive first contact with the enemy that was tol dragongirl. "Um, a-actually... are you guys, like, h-hiring?"
"You're welcome! I'm happy you enjoy it!" And then she asks the second bit there and Sally's eyes go real wide. "You're hired.
Wait can you brew coffee? Wait I already said you're hired.
. . .
wait."
Well, word being law, Rebekah is employed now!
Thursday Violist wrote: Jan 06, 2023 7:13 am It's too cold outside.

That's why a slimegirl entered the Cafe. Blue translucent slime, with red markings on the surface on some parts, and her legs meet together before making a puddle.

Yeah, it's way too cold outside. She doesn't like it.

In here, however? A bit warmer, she's okay with it.
The slimegirl looks around for the warmest place, where the most heat is coming from in here, and moves towards it. Once there, she curls up to recover from all the snow she picked up while moving around outside.
Oh it's a good deal warmer inside than outside!
Outside is all snowy and icy. Inside has some fires! Contained ones, even!

The warmest place would be either by the fireplace, which has the Celebration Scene going on (Unless the slimegirl arrives at a different time! Which is okay!), or by the little stove used to wood-fire the little flat breads!

Either way, whichever and wherever the cute li'l slime ends, Sally'll fairly quickly come over, and kneel nearby, asking "Heyyyy . . . you okay?" With genuine concern in her tone. She wants to make sure everyone's in a good state, and this new friend seems . . . not.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Dena's rhetorical question soon got an answer.
But not by a person but by the smell of-

COFFEE!

Shambling into the nearest unoccupied seat she soon finds herself idly browsing a menu. Not because she wanted something other than coffee but simply since it was something she could stare at so a waiter didn't flag her down while she was still gathering her thoughts. Since even ordering something was something of a challenge in the state she was in.

She had after all walked into the completely wrong place, not a great sign. Yet perhaps it had been fortunate since even if she very much preferred the atmosphere of the den (and its lack of bright lights) she did not come there for its coffee. The beverages there were more than fine but the coffee? Not something she would ever want to try again.

It must have been the scent of actually good coffee that had subconsciously lured her here in the first place she reasoned.
And not being nearly completely sloshed a little irritating voice in her mind added.
Eager to prove that voice wrong she considered her thoughts straight enough to be up to the ordering challenge.
Looking up, she will attempt to hail a waiter/waitress. "Hey, I'd like a coffee please~!"

See? Easy. She got this.
AshenAmbrosia
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

Also entering the cafe is a smartly dressed dark elf, with pale blue grey skin and silvery hair done up in a ponytail. He's dressed in what counts as 'casual' attire for him - a purple vest, shirt with far too many buttons undone, tightly fitting trousers, knee boots, and a lavender ascot knotted around his throat. Oddly, his front pocket also seems to be home to a black mouse, which is peeking out and sniffing at the deliciously coffee-scented air.

Wren takes a seat at a table nearby to Dena, waving at a server/the proprietress to make his order.
"I'll have a cortado with oat milk for me. And a saucer of coconut cream on the side. Oh, and an oat cookie."

The mouse clambers free of his pocket, crawling down on to the table to sit with a little plop.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Mee wrote: Jan 08, 2023 4:46 am Either way, whichever and wherever the cute li'l slime ends, Sally'll fairly quickly come over, and kneel nearby, asking "Heyyyy . . . you okay?" With genuine concern in her tone. She wants to make sure everyone's in a good state, and this new friend seems . . . not.

The slimegirl totally goes by the fireplace. Although she has no intention of actually talking to any of the celebrators (it's not like she can talk, anyway), she still enjoys being around people and hearing their voices vibrate the air. The excitement in the air is also a definite plus.

She raises her head and looks at Sally as soon as she realizes Sally is actually talking to her.

The slimegirl slowly nods.
Then, she mimes shivering, by rubbing her hands on her arms, and then gestures at the fire.
There!
Hopefully that was clear enough, she thinks.
Was cold. The fire's helping, though.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 08, 2023 2:10 pm Dena's rhetorical question soon got an answer.
But not by a person but by the smell of-

COFFEE!

Shambling into the nearest unoccupied seat she soon finds herself idly browsing a menu. Not because she wanted something other than coffee but simply since it was something she could stare at so a waiter didn't flag her down while she was still gathering her thoughts. Since even ordering something was something of a challenge in the state she was in.

She had after all walked into the completely wrong place, not a great sign. Yet perhaps it had been fortunate since even if she very much preferred the atmosphere of the den (and its lack of bright lights) she did not come there for its coffee. The beverages there were more than fine but the coffee? Not something she would ever want to try again.

It must have been the scent of actually good coffee that had subconsciously lured her here in the first place she reasoned.
And not being nearly completely sloshed a little irritating voice in her mind added.
Eager to prove that voice wrong she considered her thoughts straight enough to be up to the ordering challenge.
Looking up, she will attempt to hail a waiter/waitress. "Hey, I'd like a coffee please~!"

See? Easy. She got this.
It's actually very easy to find the waitress! Sally is already just right there! Normally, this sort of coffee place, you have to walk right past the front counter, so the baristas welcome you and take your order, before you really get into the cafe proper, but in this case not one but two people somehow made it past Sally's eagle eyes! That's okay!
But Sally came out from behind the counter to make sure everyone was okay. That was an awfully . . . particular entrance.
"S-sure thing." Sally kind of half stammers, absolutely towering over the table, and blinking a few times. "C-coffee! Y-yeah!" She nods once, regaining her footing. This is familiar territory! "What, um, what type? Just . . . just a coffee? Milk, sugar? We have non-dairy options if you want!" Sally is visibly fidgeting slightly from side to side, her oddly clawed feet toying at the enchanted-to-avoid-her-own-claws floorboards as she shifts her weight from one side to the other.
AshenAmbrosia wrote: Jan 09, 2023 12:12 am Also entering the cafe is a smartly dressed dark elf, with pale blue grey skin and silvery hair done up in a ponytail. He's dressed in what counts as 'casual' attire for him - a purple vest, shirt with far too many buttons undone, tightly fitting trousers, knee boots, and a lavender ascot knotted around his throat. Oddly, his front pocket also seems to be home to a black mouse, which is peeking out and sniffing at the deliciously coffee-scented air.

Wren takes a seat at a table nearby to Dena, waving at a server/the proprietress to make his order.
"I'll have a cortado with oat milk for me. And a saucer of coconut cream on the side. Oh, and an oat cookie."

The mouse clambers free of his pocket, crawling down on to the table to sit with a little plop.
After Sally gets the previous order, she's shuffle right on over to this table! She's already out from behind the counter, may as well!
So pretty quick, the dragon that has. . . who clearly can't help but fill out every bubble on a standardized test, is over at the table with this- "Adorable mouse friend hi!"
Sally, even before taking the order, bends over to get a better look at the adorable tiny cute little mouse friend and oh my gosh how hemkin' cute and adorable and-
wait she has a job to do.
Heck.
"H-h-hi welcome to the Garnet!" She has the decency to blush slightly as she stands back bolt up right. "Of- of course! Cortado with oat milk, saucer of coconut cream on the side, and an oat cookie!" Sally takes a second to scribble onto a cute little notepad that was probably actually normal sized, but looks tiny in her slender fingers.
"And anything for your little friend?" Sally, bless her heart, asks without actually giving any thought to the order.
Thursday Violist wrote: Jan 11, 2023 10:49 pm The slimegirl totally goes by the fireplace. Although she has no intention of actually talking to any of the celebrators (it's not like she can talk, anyway), she still enjoys being around people and hearing their voices vibrate the air. The excitement in the air is also a definite plus.

She raises her head and looks at Sally as soon as she realizes Sally is actually talking to her.

The slimegirl slowly nods.
Then, she mimes shivering, by rubbing her hands on her arms, and then gestures at the fire.
There!
Hopefully that was clear enough, she thinks.
Was cold. The fire's helping, though.
"Ohhhhh! Okay okay! So you're cold! Here, one sec!" Sally beams a happy little smile down at the slimegirl. The room may not physically actually *really* light up, but . . . gosh her smile sure made it seem like it.
There is actually a small probably cat bed? judging by the cave-like structure, and little felt canopy, that Sally pulls over. It was right next to the fireplace, well within range of the warm to be nice and heated up, but she moves it over next to the little slime. "Here you go! If you want something a big comfier than the floor!
And do you want something warm to drink? Coffee? Tea? Just some warmed milk or water or you can't actually probably answer me can you that's okay!
Um-
Um-
Tell you what. Left or right!"
She holds out both of her hands, far enough apart to make the next step easy and clear! "This side for tea or coffee, or this side of water or milk or somethin' else? Just feel free lean one way or the other! Or if you're good, uh . . . I guess just . . . d-don't lean.
But I really would love to get you something warm to sip on! On the house, and then I'll let you warm up and get all nice and cozy!"
(And she'll do the left / right again, to determine Tea/Coffee, or Water/Milk, as needed, and if wanted!)
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

The gorgon appears startled as Sally suddenly replies to her request, how had she managed to miss her?!

Sally might not be the tallest person she had seen in the nexus but she was the largest by far in other areas. Yet she had been too lost in her own thoughts to even notice her apparently.
Speaking of, she should probably reply rather than stare.

"...yeah. Coffee." Dena replies as she forces herself to meet the baristas gaze.

Wait, she had asked a question, hadn't she?

"I mean... milk?"
Fantastic job, it's a miracle you managed to avoid requesting breast milk from the poor girl. That annoyingly sarcastic voice in her head commented.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Mee wrote: Jan 12, 2023 5:35 am "Ohhhhh! Okay okay! So you're cold! Here, one sec!" Sally beams a happy little smile down at the slimegirl. The room may not physically actually *really* light up, but . . . gosh her smile sure made it seem like it.
There is actually a small probably cat bed? judging by the cave-like structure, and little felt canopy, that Sally pulls over. It was right next to the fireplace, well within range of the warm to be nice and heated up, but she moves it over next to the little slime. "Here you go! If you want something a big comfier than the floor!
And do you want something warm to drink? Coffee? Tea? Just some warmed milk or water or you can't actually probably answer me can you that's okay!
Um-
Um-
Tell you what. Left or right!"
She holds out both of her hands, far enough apart to make the next step easy and clear! "This side for tea or coffee, or this side of water or milk or somethin' else? Just feel free lean one way or the other! Or if you're good, uh . . . I guess just . . . d-don't lean.
But I really would love to get you something warm to sip on! On the house, and then I'll let you warm up and get all nice and cozy!"
(And she'll do the left / right again, to determine Tea/Coffee, or Water/Milk, as needed, and if wanted!)
The slimegirl nods as soon as Sally understands.

She feels the warmth from the cat bed, and decides to move into it. She likes it enough that she decides that it's no longer a cat bed, but rather is a slime bed.

As she listens to the offers of drinks, she discovers that what she's really craving is cinnamon right now. Something with a bunch of cinnamon. But, like...she has no idea how, exactly she'd explain it. Should she gesture a tree or something? Since cinnamon is a kind of tree. No, wait, that sounds like it'd take too long to suss out what she's talking about.
Cinnamon is a kind of tea, though, so she considers that.
Then again, tea is also basically water. More so than some of the other options. And she already picked up too much water from trudging through snow.

So...
After stroking her chin as if she's deep in thought, she leans towards milk. Especially warm. And she literally leans, too, to demonstrate her preferance.

But then she starts panicking! If Sally understands she'd prefer milk, she's just going to immediately leave, right? The slimegirl starts gesturing for Sally to stop and wait, to see if she can think of a way to explain she wants it with cinnamon.

If Sally pauses, the slimegirl taps her own mouth with her finger, and then tries to spell out cinnamon in sign language letters.
Of course, she doesn't quite know sign language letters, and she messes up spelling 'cinnamon', so she does her best approximation of what the letters look like with her fingers, spelling out c-i-n-i-m-o-n. And looks up at her expectantly, hoping Sally got it.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 14, 2023 3:03 pm The gorgon appears startled as Sally suddenly replies to her request, how had she managed to miss her?!

Sally might not be the tallest person she had seen in the nexus but she was the largest by far in other areas. Yet she had been too lost in her own thoughts to even notice her apparently.
Speaking of, she should probably reply rather than stare.

"...yeah. Coffee." Dena replies as she forces herself to meet the baristas gaze.

Wait, she had asked a question, hadn't she?

"I mean... milk?"
Fantastic job, it's a miracle you managed to avoid requesting breast milk from the poor girl. That annoyingly sarcastic voice in her head commented.
Well, Sally is very sneaky! . . . Well. Okay. She isn't. But people always get distracted on her approach, so definitely she's sneaky! Right? Like a cloaking field that works by stealing peoples' attention elsewhere. Or . . . two elsewheres . . .

"Y-yeah! Yeah we, um, we, we make coffee here! With- . . . with milk in it.
But only if you want!"
Oh no, something about Dena's distractions and . . . well . . . the way she's staring. . . . Just kinda threw Sally off a bit too. But that's okay! She scratches at the back of her neck, trying to laugh it off slightly, and just nods. "Y-yeah. We've got normal milk an' coconut an' a few others. W-what type would you like? And- and how much?" Oh no Sally you did leave yourself open to quite a comeback, if Dena felt the need to go for it.
Thursday Violist wrote: Jan 15, 2023 4:53 am The slimegirl nods as soon as Sally understands.

She feels the warmth from the cat bed, and decides to move into it. She likes it enough that she decides that it's no longer a cat bed, but rather is a slime bed.

As she listens to the offers of drinks, she discovers that what she's really craving is cinnamon right now. Something with a bunch of cinnamon. But, like...she has no idea how, exactly she'd explain it. Should she gesture a tree or something? Since cinnamon is a kind of tree. No, wait, that sounds like it'd take too long to suss out what she's talking about.
Cinnamon is a kind of tea, though, so she considers that.
Then again, tea is also basically water. More so than some of the other options. And she already picked up too much water from trudging through snow.

So...
After stroking her chin as if she's deep in thought, she leans towards milk. Especially warm. And she literally leans, too, to demonstrate her preferance.

But then she starts panicking! If Sally understands she'd prefer milk, she's just going to immediately leave, right? The slimegirl starts gesturing for Sally to stop and wait, to see if she can think of a way to explain she wants it with cinnamon.

If Sally pauses, the slimegirl taps her own mouth with her finger, and then tries to spell out cinnamon in sign language letters.
Of course, she doesn't quite know sign language letters, and she messes up spelling 'cinnamon', so she does her best approximation of what the letters look like with her fingers, spelling out c-i-n-i-m-o-n. And looks up at her expectantly, hoping Sally got it.
Sally follows along as best she can! Milk. Warm. And- and then oh no! "No no is okay is okay!" Sally assures her new little goo friend, and solidifies it by just plopping herself down, sitting down properly, her legs folded under her. "I'll stick around it's okay! You're okay!" And then she watches, nodding a few times.
"Okay okay! So something to eat?" Sally guesses at the mouth pointing. "C. I. N. L. M. D. M.
. . . .
Hmmm."
Sally squints, catching onto the game, but absolutely failing at recognizing the shapes of the letters of the language she's speaking.
"Cinlmdm? Cin . . . Lemon? Cim Lim?" Sally squints, genuinely trying really hard, but just . . .
not good at this.
But she's trying hard and means well!
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Mee wrote: Jan 22, 2023 6:15 am Well, Sally is very sneaky! . . . Well. Okay. She isn't. But people always get distracted on her approach, so definitely she's sneaky! Right? Like a cloaking field that works by stealing peoples' attention elsewhere. Or . . . two elsewheres . . .

"Y-yeah! Yeah we, um, we, we make coffee here! With- . . . with milk in it.
But only if you want!"
Oh no, something about Dena's distractions and . . . well . . . the way she's staring. . . . Just kinda threw Sally off a bit too. But that's okay! She scratches at the back of her neck, trying to laugh it off slightly, and just nods. "Y-yeah. We've got normal milk an' coconut an' a few others. W-what type would you like? And- and how much?" Oh no Sally you did leave yourself open to quite a comeback, if Dena felt the need to go for it.
Dena was actually focusing now despite the internal commentary going on in her head. Not that it made it any easier processing that information.
"Uh... normal milk, normal amount." No wait, that sounded stupid.

"-I'll just have the same that he's having." She declares a bit louder than intended as she gestures at the vaguely familiar gentleman next to her ordering the oat cookie.
Last edited by Shadowcaller on Jan 23, 2023 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
AshenAmbrosia
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AshenAmbrosia »

"The saucer and cookie are actually for my little mousey sibling here," says Wren cheerfully, while trying not to stare too blatantly at Sally's... warmth and generosity. "Well, some of the cookie, anyway."

He grins at the little mouse.

"That commander of yours will never forgive me if I let you overeat. Not with all the training you're already missing out on, what with your current condition."

He mimes a thoughtful look, which is only moderately ruined by the shit-eating grin he fails to hide behind the hand stroking his chin.

"Hey, you think they make little training weights for mice? Oh, or we can get you one of those little wheels!"

The mouse begins to hop up and down, making vaguely irritated little squeaking noises at Wren... until it hears Dena, at which point it freezes, swiveling its head in Dena's direction, followed by Wren, whose grin spreads a few inches wider.

"Hey now... is that our boss? Come on Cass, it would be rude not to say hi to the boss. Hi Dena!"

It's at this point that the mouse attempts to bolt, dodging Wren's surprised grab, to jump into the nearest hiding spot. One conveniently placed right over the table. A... nice, dark place, easy for a mouse to wriggle into. A very nice, warm, comforting little spot to burrow into.

Oh dear.
Last edited by AshenAmbrosia on Jan 25, 2023 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Mee wrote: Jan 22, 2023 6:15 am
Hmmm."[/color] Sally squints, catching onto the game, but absolutely failing at recognizing the shapes of the letters of the language she's speaking.
"Cinlmdm? Cin . . . Lemon? Cim Lim?" Sally squints, genuinely trying really hard, but just . . .
not good at this.

It's okay! The slimegirl doesn't blame Sally for it.
The slimegirl isn't that good at it, either.

She thinks and makes a visible show of thinking by stroking her chin.
Okay, so cinnamon's a tree, right? And it comes in sticks. Or shakers sometimes. The slimegirl knows how to explain it, probably.
She first with her hands makes the shape of a tree. By making a cone shape with her hands, moving upwards to make a trunk, and then puffing her hands around for the top of the tree, giving the appearance of a cloud. She looks at Sally, to make sure she's paying attention, and then moves on. She mimes like someone reaching up and grabbing a branch off that tree, and then breaking off the branch.
Okay, the slimegirl thinks. Perfect, there's no way this can be misinterpreted. Comes from a tree, in sticks. She then mimes biting the imaginary stick.

Then, she makes a shaker motion with a hand, like she's trying to sprinkle powdered cinnamon onto something.

Which she promptly stops and lowers her hands to let them rest. She's a little overhydrated which puts her on the slightly-more-liquid side of Jell-O, and moving too much doesn't help. She could feel her hands start to become more liquid as she made the shaking motion, so she needs to stop for a while.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

As soon as she makes out the word 'boss' from the mouth of the now dangerously-familiar man alarm bells starts going off in Dena's head.
But she was way too drunk to be concerned right now so she put them on mute for the time being. Let it all rip, she wasn't going to be embarrassed for having fun.

"Hey! Who're you?" She calls back just as she spots that little mouse next to just leaps right into Sally's-

The gorgon blinks.

Then she laughs so hard that she nearly falls off her chair.
But at the same time she starts to fumble for her phone, not wanting this to go to waste. She simply had to take a photo.
She had failed to take a photo of the furry lesbians and regretted it ever since so this moment had to be captured. Who would believe her otherwise?
Terumitsu
Fresh Baby Poster

Post by Terumitsu »

Mee wrote: Jan 22, 2023 6:15 am
Sally follows along as best she can! Milk. Warm. And- and then oh no! "No no is okay is okay!" Sally assures her new little goo friend, and solidifies it by just plopping herself down, sitting down properly, her legs folded under her. "I'll stick around it's okay! You're okay!" And then she watches, nodding a few times.
"Okay okay! So something to eat?" Sally guesses at the mouth pointing. "C. I. N. L. M. D. M.
. . . .
Hmmm."
Sally squints, catching onto the game, but absolutely failing at recognizing the shapes of the letters of the language she's speaking.
not good at this.
Thursday Violist wrote: Jan 23, 2023 11:29 pm

It's okay! The slimegirl doesn't blame Sally for it.

Okay, so cinnamon's a tree, right? And it comes in sticks. Or shakers sometimes. The slimegirl knows how to explain it, probably.
She first with her hands makes the shape of a tree. By making a cone shape with her hands, moving upwards to make a trunk, and then puffing her hands around for the top of the tree, giving the appearance of a cloud. She looks at Sally, to make sure she's paying attention, and then moves on. She mimes like someone reaching up and grabbing a branch off that tree, and then breaking off the branch.
Okay, the slimegirl thinks. Perfect, there's no way this can be misinterpreted. Comes from a tree, in sticks. She then mimes biting the imaginary stick.

Then, she makes a shaker motion with a hand, like she's trying to sprinkle powdered cinnamon onto something.

Which she promptly stops and lowers her hands to let them rest. She's a little overhydrated which puts her on the slightly-more-liquid side of Jell-O, and moving too much doesn't help. She could feel her hands start to become more liquid as she made the shaking motion, so she needs to stop for a while.
The little fox had been quite interested roaming about, peering at one person or another as the café hit what seemed to be it's rush hour for the day. Clearly not the skittish type as it seemed almost pleased with just how much success the location seemed to have... Though.. Looking about.. Maybe it could be almost too busy. Or at least, too busy for a single person.

Not to mention, looking over at the catbed turned foxbed, it seemed as if it's usual lazing spot was taken which, honestly, was just as well if someone needed it!

So for a moment, the fox would briefly flit next to Sally to try and catch just what the issue was, watching the pantomime of... Okay, something tall and.. Poofing? Exploding out of a top of something? And then nibbling on a.. Some kind of stick? To her memory, the fox was struggling to imagine just what that combination of things could be.... Though Sally's attempts at trying to put a name to the Maybe Lemon thing did help a bit. At least.. It narrowed things down a bit!

A paw gently brushed against one of those clawed feet to try and get Sally's attention that maybe an idea or three was about to be tried before the fox made her way in a sort of bounding fashion under the counter and to the back room... And didn't appear again. Though, about ten minutes later a different kind of 'fox' did take it's place! ...For a given value of fox(y) that is. Even with the braid and hair net to keep her black mane in check as well as the double-layer of overtaxed hair nets over numerous tails to ensure not a single one could have a chance to leave an unfortunate extra bit of floof where it wasn't wanted, Alva's appearance might make those with a shade of pattern recognition start to wonder if this café had certain... Requirements for whom was hired given the shared... Tall, Eye catching 'Qualities' and 'Stature' of the two baristas. And perhaps this barista was (much) more aware of how eyes seemed to be like magnets upon them than the other given the way she almost playfully sauntered over with a quartet of cups to Sally and her new, very gooy friend.

"Hello there... I hope you don't mind me butting in here but you seemed to be in need of a little help?" she said in soft tones, both to the slime lady as well as Sally, gently reaching out to give a squeeze of the latter's shoulder. "I thiiink I may have gotten what you wanted in here somewhere?" she offered, holding up the paper cups in one hand; one holding a little bit of flour, one holding lemon wedges, one that was in fact a pair of cinnamon sticks, and one holding aspirin. Aspirin was derived from the bark of a certain willow and this person did seem like they were having a hard time so it seemed like it was worth trying, right?
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 22, 2023 12:53 pm Dena was actually focusing now despite the internal commentary going on in her head. Not that it made it any easier processing that information.
"Uh... normal milk, normal amount." No wait, that sounded stupid.

"-I'll just have the same that he's having." She declares a bit louder than intended as she gestures at the vaguely familiar gentleman next to her ordering the oat cookie.
"Sure thing! You bet!" Sally nods a few times, and then just . . . um . . .
Merges the timelines and Mee doesn't have a graceful way to do this right now so will just-
AshenAmbrosia wrote: Jan 23, 2023 3:52 am "The saucer and cookie are actually for my little mousey sibling here," says Wren cheerfully, while trying not to stare too blatantly at Sally's... warmth and generosity. "Well, some of the cookie, anyway."

He grins at the little mouse.

"That commander of yours will never forgive me if I let you overeat. Not with all the training you're already missing out on, what with your current condition."

He mimes a thoughtful look, which is only moderately ruined by the shit-eating grin he fails to hide behind the hand stroking his chin.

"Hey, you think they make little training weights for mice? Oh, or we can get you one of those little wheels!"

The mouse begins to hop up and down, making vaguely irritated little squeaking noises at Wren... until it hears Dena, at which point it freezes, swiveling its head in Dena's direction, followed by Wren, whose grin spreads a few inches wider.

"Hey now... is that our boss? Come on Cass, it would be rude not to say hi to the boss. Hi Dena!"

It's at this point that the mouse attempts to bolt, dodging Wren's surprised grab, to jump into the nearest hiding spot. One conveniently placed right over the table. A... nice, dark place, easy for a mouse to wriggle into. A very nice, warm, comforting little spot to burrow into.

Oh dear.
Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 25, 2023 3:13 pm As soon as she makes out the word 'boss' from the mouth of the now dangerously-familiar man alarm bells starts going off in Dena's head.
But she was way too drunk to be concerned right now so she put them on mute for the time being. Let it all rip, she wasn't going to be embarrassed for having fun.

"Hey! Who're you?" She calls back just as she spots that little mouse next to just leaps right into Sally's-

The gorgon blinks.

Then she laughs so hard that she nearly falls off her chair.
But at the same time she starts to fumble for her phone, not wanting this to go to waste. She simply had to take a photo.
She had failed to take a photo of the furry lesbians and regretted it ever since so this moment had to be captured. Who would believe her otherwise?
- start typing down here instead. "Ohhhh! Makes sense!" Sally nods a few times, most of her entire body joining in with the excited, understanding motion. "Training weights?" Sally repeats back, her face furrowing in concentration and thought. She's . . . clearly not very good at it, but it is both adorable and kind of endearing to watch. She's trying really hard!
"I saw Stuart Lid Delle not long ago and I think he was a mouse with training weights. So I'm pretty sure they do-"

Unfortunately, Sally is cut off by the burst of movement, and the way the small little mouse goes for the nearest, dark, safe, secure sort of cave-like thin- "EEP!" Sally Eep's, standing more bolt upright. It was a good thing the mouse jumped quite as far in and with as much speed as they did, because it got them past the Main Squish Bit of the cave, so they were under a safe overhang for Sally standing upright. As such, the little mouse may be shaken around a bit, and squished softly, but won't be flung outwards by the sudden movement.

Un(?)fortunately, with just how tall Sally is, it would be delightfully difficult for anyone to try to help her right now. "Oh gosh I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-" Is she apologizing for . . . something?
But then the usage of the term 'wriggle', and 'burrow', has Sally . . . giggling? Is she *ticklish*?

Thursday Violist wrote: Jan 23, 2023 11:29 pm It's okay! The slimegirl doesn't blame Sally for it.

Sally continues to peer, to think, to squint, to furrow her brow in thought.
Unfortunately, she's not very good at it.
But, while her actual ability to process the pantomiming may be limited, she actually gets the being over-hydrated, and needing rest. "Please please don't push yourself! Lemme think about this we got this." She actually seems to know slimes fairly well.
Curious.
Terumitsu wrote: Jan 29, 2023 10:28 pm "Hello there... I hope you don't mind me butting in here but you seemed to be in need of a little help?" she said in soft tones, both to the slime lady as well as Sally, gently reaching out to give a squeeze of the latter's shoulder. "I thiiink I may have gotten what you wanted in here somewhere?" she offered, holding up the paper cups in one hand; one holding a little bit of flour, one holding lemon wedges, one that was in fact a pair of cinnamon sticks, and one holding aspirin. Aspirin was derived from the bark of a certain willow and this person did seem like they were having a hard time so it seemed like it was worth trying, right?
And then Alva with the rescue!
"Oh hi Alva!" She slips one hand up to squeeze the hand that's squeezing her shoulder. "Oh my gosh did you get the puzzle? Thank you thank you!

Are these what you needed?"
Sally asks, as Alva shows and hands over the items!
Thursday Violist
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Terumitsu wrote: Jan 29, 2023 10:28 pm
► SHOW SPOILER
Mee wrote: Jan 29, 2023 11:05 pm
► SHOW SPOILER

The slimegirl spends a significant amount of time trying to think of a better way to describe how she's really craving cinnamon with the milk.
She can't really think of much more she can use to describe it.

Which is why Alva's appearance is a godsend. She looks over at Alva as she speaks, and then at the paper cups.
She leans close and looks into the cups.

Then!
She suddenly looks really excited, nodding a lot.
She points at the cup with the cinnamon sticks.
She turns to Alva and gives a thankful smile.
Then the slimegirl looks back at Sally, and points again at the sticks of cinnamon.

Yes!
This was a triumph. Huge success!
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

A Celebration!

Ivarr smiles, giving Ber'ri's head another gentle rub before stopping to prepare his pipe. It takes him a moment, and that moment gives him a little bit to think. "Well, when in doubt, we can find a place for a big hot meal, a comfy place to relax, and maybe to snooze next to a fireplace. I've a place near by, but I admit I'm not too fancy as a cook. I certainly wouldn't mind covering for it though." He says with a thought as he starts digging through his pockets.

He's still looking for something when the minotaur arrives and he looks up at her. He pulls out a match, letting Ber'ri answer, and lights it off his cheek so he can finally light his pipe. A couple puffs and he closes his eyes, basking in the flavor and scents for a moment. He nods when Ber'ri explains. It was her celebration and up to her as to what to talk about. "A celebration of life, finding ones self, and of reaching a major milestone." He takes another deep breath of the pipe before letting the smoke slowly flow out and through his beard. "Ivarr, Miss." He says, inclining his head politely.
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

A Celebration!

"Aw, that sounds great. Congrats." Mina doesn't inquire what kind of paperwork. That's way too personal for someone she met ten seconds ago.
"Well, I don't know you yet, but my name's Mina. Please, let me buy you a drink. Really." Mina waves to Sally. The cowgirl had said she'd wanted to buy something with milk in it while Mina was walking up.
Terumitsu
Fresh Baby Poster

Post by Terumitsu »

Thursday Violist wrote: Jan 30, 2023 6:01 am The slimegirl spends a significant amount of time trying to think of a better way to describe how she's really craving cinnamon with the milk.

Which is why Alva's appearance is a godsend. She looks over at Alva as she speaks, and then at the paper cups.

Then!
Then the slimegirl looks back at Sally, and points again at the sticks of cinnamon.

Yes!
A smile and a very quick shake of a tail or three (let's be honest, it was more than just three.) as Alva was quite glad to have gotten her guesses right. "Maybe.. Could I also get you a pen or something to write things down? I think I saw you sketching in the air there..." she asked, head tilting to the side just a bit. Though before she could get a 'yes' or 'no' answer, she just.. Reached down and produced a pen and pad from within her blouse. ...Convenient? Either way, they would be offered just in case more was wanted.

And while any sketching was taking place, she did just slightly bump her shoulder against Sally's and asked: "Didn't expect rush hour this early. Did you want me to head to the back to get things made while you hand out the orders? Vice versa?" Alva was many things, yes, but right now she was a very helpful fox.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Thursday Violist wrote: Jan 30, 2023 6:01 am The slimegirl spends a significant amount of time trying to think of a better way to describe how she's really craving cinnamon with the milk.

Then!

Yes!
Sally nods a few times, and especially in light of Alva offering a Far More Powerful Tool, just kind of waits to see what happens.
Terumitsu wrote: Feb 06, 2023 3:06 am A smile and a very quick shake of a tail or three (let's be honest, it was more than just three.) as Alva was quite glad to have gotten her guesses right. "Maybe.. Could I also get you a pen or something to write things down? I think I saw you sketching in the air there..." she asked, head tilting to the side just a bit. Though before she could get a 'yes' or 'no' answer, she just.. Reached down and produced a pen and pad from within her blouse. ...Convenient? Either way, they would be offered just in case more was wanted.

And while any sketching was taking place, she did just slightly bump her shoulder against Sally's and asked: "Didn't expect rush hour this early. Did you want me to head to the back to get things made while you hand out the orders? Vice versa?" Alva was many things, yes, but right now she was a very helpful fox.
"Oh my gosh would you be willing to please? I didn't expect rush hour for another few hours and Kara is off galivanting around. Ber'ri has the day off, she needed to go do things, and I love having people here so so so so much but um. Y-yes please. We can just tag off, there's supplies enough for both of us to work same time. We can just handle folks as they come in! Thank youuuuuuuuuu~!"
Wolfbane wrote: Feb 01, 2023 3:16 am A Celebration!

Ivarr smiles, giving Ber'ri's head another gentle rub before stopping to prepare his pipe. It takes him a moment, and that moment gives him a little bit to think. "Well, when in doubt, we can find a place for a big hot meal, a comfy place to relax, and maybe to snooze next to a fireplace. I've a place near by, but I admit I'm not too fancy as a cook. I certainly wouldn't mind covering for it though." He says with a thought as he starts digging through his pockets.

He's still looking for something when the minotaur arrives and he looks up at her. He pulls out a match, letting Ber'ri answer, and lights it off his cheek so he can finally light his pipe. A couple puffs and he closes his eyes, basking in the flavor and scents for a moment. He nods when Ber'ri explains. It was her celebration and up to her as to what to talk about. "A celebration of life, finding ones self, and of reaching a major milestone." He takes another deep breath of the pipe before letting the smoke slowly flow out and through his beard. "Ivarr, Miss." He says, inclining his head politely.
A Celebration!

Mer'ri actually makes a happy little 'moo' noise at the gentle rub, giggling lightly. She's . . . not drunk yet, but she's very much a light weight. So she's feelin' it. That does nothing to stop her eyes going wide though, as Ivarr describes the setting. That does sound really really nice. A hot meal, a comfy place, a snooze, fireplace, maybe some cocoa?
"That's okay! I'm not much of a cook myself! But we can put something together I'm sure!"

After a brief 'hi hi hello welcome please sit', Ber'ri does offer to the newcomer a biiit of info! "I- . . . Just got some paperwork filed, really." She laughs, and feels waves of stress that have been building up for years slip from her body. "And it's so goooood. I exist in the eyes of the governments and that's . . . maybe not a great thing but still! So we're celebrating that all being done."
Keeper wrote: Feb 01, 2023 3:44 am A Celebration!

"Aw, that sounds great. Congrats." Mina doesn't inquire what kind of paperwork. That's way too personal for someone she met ten seconds ago.
"Well, I don't know you yet, but my name's Mina. Please, let me buy you a drink. Really." Mina waves to Sally. The cowgirl had said she'd wanted to buy something with milk in it while Mina was walking up.
"Thank youuuuuuu~!" Ber'ri grins widely, her cheeks blushing, and not only because of the drink! "And I'm Ber'ri! It's a pleasure to meet you! Thank you so much for the offer!" Sally does come over pretty quick!
"Hi hello! What can I get you all? But if you want the Boba I'm going to have to drag Ber'ri away to make it I get lost easily."