The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

Huh? What's the most "stereotypical" way she could make it? This situation is outlandish enough that any stereotypes-

Oh. Right. That way.

"Well, uh... the ambrosia I know is a solid substance, so that's different. But I've heard it also comes in different grades and can have different properties depending on which god or gods were prayed to. This, though... those are uncharted waters."

Tags:
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Artemis wrote: Mar 08, 2024 7:04 am Tori moves her laptop aside, so as it's not between them. The half-fiend thinks for a moment then it strikes her. "Felandria? I think she was the mayor of Riverside for a while. She owns the Olympian Barcade too."
Oh, The Olympian, sounds rad as heck, where would I find that place?

Jayla reaches and gives Ember additional scritchies
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 16, 2024 1:44 pm [Double Dragons]

Ambrosia had some experience with silver dragons, though not with the younger ones. Since it turned out that most dragons were not keen on letting anyone, scholar or otherwise, close to their children.
She did make note of what seemed to be ice breath however. While Sally scales had turned pink it seems that was unchanged. "That's your ice breath, correct?" She nonetheless inquires, expecting Sally to nod or shake her head in response. "What an ironic contrast to your warm personality." The scholar smiles faintly.

Then she offers Sally a blank piece of paper, placing it on the table between them. "But while we're at it do you think you could carve in your age on this paper here?" She hoped she was still capable of doing as much with her claws.

Then Alva enters the room.
Ambrosia unable but to once again note that the pair had a lot in common in terms of appearance. In fact, that seemed to be a running theme with this whole cafe. That and pink.
It honestly reminded her of the houses of delight back home but those offered a broader set of services.
"I could have some more of that tea."
Then she realizes that there was something else she could ask while she was here.
"Say Alva, if you don't mind me asking, are you a fox-fey? A kitsune perhaps?"
[Double Dragons]

And a nod does Ambrosia get! Nod nod nod! That is, in fact, *her* ice breath! She's very proud of it! She worked very hard to produce that tiny little thimble full of powdery snow!
But then she looks at the paper. Then up to Ambrosia. Then the paper again. And hop skips excitedly over to it. Ambrosia is so so so smart!? Even though Sally can't talk, she's maintaining two way conversation! Incredible!!

Though . . .
'carve your age'.
Is . . .
Fundamentally a hard question.
Hm.
She fwumps herself down, almost catlike, just . . . staring at the paper. Thinking, which was really hard to do honestly!

Hmmmmnnggggg.
She reaches one little- she means MIGHTY and POWERFUL and STRAWNG claw!!! out to carve at the paper.
And carved a very small little '2 . . . . 6? 36? =^_^=;;?'
Terumitsu wrote: Mar 15, 2024 4:38 am [Double Dragons - Just a brief aside]

Related to the going-ons here.. Well, it would only be just a moment!

Alva had been tending to other things in the background, the occasional ear twitch towards the table and perhaps having to keep from laughing at a few of the answers that Sally had given despite how incredibly true they were. "Care for a refill or something new, you two?" she asked, swishing up to the tableside...

Though, Ambrosia might surmise this was just an excuse for Alva to bring by a small mountain of tiny, bite-sized treats, mini-cakes, soft candies, and other gently sweet things that just so happened to be sized for a tiny pink dragon to be able to chomp on easily.... And also a chance to dote on any small dragons that may or may not be at the table right now with a gentle scratch under the chin and a soft kiss on their little head if they felt so inclined to receive such! Though if allowed, she might then also end up leaving a mark of that black yet sparkly lipstick on the little dragon's snoot... It would probably also persist when Sally changed back too... Assuming it wasn't wiped away.
But then CANDY!! Sally purred happily at the scritch, and even more at the cute smoosh against her snoot, that most *definitely* left a little sparkly black lipstick mark. Sally rubbed her head gently against Alva's hand, while she was there, before -- with MIGHTY claws and PIERCING talons and. um. CHOMPING TEETH!!! -- she grabbed one of those little gummy soda bottles to gnaw on it for a bit, struggling cutely against the sugary treat.
Morty wrote: Mar 16, 2024 5:52 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

Huh? What's the most "stereotypical" way she could make it? This situation is outlandish enough that any stereotypes-

Oh. Right. That way.

"Well, uh... the ambrosia I know is a solid substance, so that's different. But I've heard it also comes in different grades and can have different properties depending on which god or gods were prayed to. This, though... those are uncharted waters."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Gosh, the blush on Ber'ri's cheeks. Deep, deep purple, but nearly coating her entire cheeks.
"Y-y-y-y-yeah. So. Um. I-
M-mine, if we wanna call it that, is definitely . . . liquid.
And *extremely* uncharted. I . . . don't even know *what* to ask or how or like . . ."
she looks back up at poor Hiep with wide, uncertain eyes.
"I- I don't *mind*! But I've always. L-like . . . worried about getting in trouble. Or something. And haven't had anyone to even talk to about anything. I- I am sorry for dropping this on you today."
Terumitsu
Fresh Baby Poster

Post by Terumitsu »

Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 16, 2024 1:44 pm [Double Dragons]

Ambrosia had some experience with silver dragons, though not with the younger ones. Since it turned out that most dragons were not keen on letting anyone, scholar or otherwise, close to their children.
She did make note of what seemed to be ice breath however. While Sally scales had turned pink it seems that was unchanged. "That's your ice breath, correct?" She nonetheless inquires, expecting Sally to nod or shake her head in response. "What an ironic contrast to your warm personality." The scholar smiles faintly.

Then she offers Sally a blank piece of paper, placing it on the table between them. "But while we're at it do you think you could carve in your age on this paper here?" She hoped she was still capable of doing as much with her claws.

Then Alva enters the room.
Ambrosia unable but to once again note that the pair had a lot in common in terms of appearance. In fact, that seemed to be a running theme with this whole cafe. That and pink.
It honestly reminded her of the houses of delight back home but those offered a broader set of services.
"I could have some more of that tea."
Then she realizes that there was something else she could ask while she was here.
"Say Alva, if you don't mind me asking, are you a fox-fey? A kitsune perhaps?"
Mee wrote: Mar 20, 2024 2:28 am [Double Dragons]

And a nod does Ambrosia get! Nod nod nod! That is, in fact, *her* ice breath! She's very proud of it! She worked very hard to produce that tiny little thimble full of powdery snow!
But then she looks at the paper. Then up to Ambrosia. Then the paper again. And hop skips excitedly over to it. Ambrosia is so so so smart!? Even though Sally can't talk, she's maintaining two way conversation! Incredible!!

Though . . .
'carve your age'.
Is . . .
Fundamentally a hard question.
Hm.
She fwumps herself down, almost catlike, just . . . staring at the paper. Thinking, which was really hard to do honestly!

Hmmmmnnggggg.
She reaches one little- she means MIGHTY and POWERFUL and STRAWNG claw!!! out to carve at the paper.
And carved a very small little '2 . . . . 6? 36? =^_^=;;?'

But then CANDY!! Sally purred happily at the scritch, and even more at the cute smoosh against her snoot, that most *definitely* left a little sparkly black lipstick mark. Sally rubbed her head gently against Alva's hand, while she was there, before -- with MIGHTY claws and PIERCING talons and. um. CHOMPING TEETH!!! -- she grabbed one of those little gummy soda bottles to gnaw on it for a bit, struggling cutely against the sugary treat.
[Double Dragons]

Such a fierce and powerful dragon! Another soft trace along between those horns and down her spine as those soda-bottle gummies were shown what for! But Alva would regrettably have to stop showering affection there as they were still working and break time wasn't until later. ...As if Alva ever actually stopped with the little pats and hugs and such all throughout the day anyway, though.

"More tea? Right away!" A flick of a tail tipped with glittering frost would bring over more of that ruby tea, having had it ready even before she'd asked. She did love playing the good host, after all. But that glittering ice on her tails as well as the tips of her ears would indeed be some of the many similarities the two shared! ...Though, together like this, it might be easier to say that perhaps one was better suited to those places Ambrosia was thinking of than the other.. The way that Alva was always gently moving, giving a slow sway or gesture or motion and always doing something that would draw eyes and be pleasing to watch, would definitely single her out... And, with her seemingly effortless air of gentle coquettishness or that near ever-present 'tidal motion' (or any combination thereof), she more than likely would be giving Ambrosia a bit too much to confirm those suspicions.

But now, for just a moment, it was her getting questions! All the better to give Sally a moment to just snack away and get some sugar to the brain for more thinking and questions later! "Fey?" she said, taking a moment to think of her answer, tapping her lip as she slowly shifted side to side; her tails perhaps exaggerating those small motions as they followed back and forth. "I don't...Know?" she said, clearly still considering given her demeanor. "Like... Hmm.." She crossed her arms and stood to one side before coming back to the present. "So.. I.. Guess I can't really say as.. There are a lot of different ways and things that determine who or what is a fey around here and that.. Makes it hard to say, I guess? Like, who's rules are we talking about, you know?" she said with a shrug. "I.. Have been called a kitsune before although I didn't know what that was the first few times. I mean, I do have the ears and the tails and all that so... Maybe yes and I just call myself by a different name? Though I don't, like.. Possess people or anything. Someone said I was more like a.. 'Zenko' or something like that? It was said in a way that was a complement so I hope it's something good." There seemed to be more but Alva was holding back.. Partly as she didn't want to take away the spotlight too much and partly that this might not be the simple 'yes or no' answer that Ambrosia had potentially expected.

"Though, is there anything else I could get for you two?" she asked as she gave a doting smile to the little pink dragon. As magnetic as Alva herself might be to the eye, it would be impossible to miss how much she cared for Sally.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

"Eh, don't worry about it. This isn't the weirdest thing I've heard about recently." Hiep shrugs. "Wait... is that what you meant by 'my'? It wasn't some weird fruit I've never heard of?"
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 21, 2024 6:32 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

"Eh, don't worry about it. This isn't the weirdest thing I've heard about recently." Hiep shrugs. "Wait... is that what you meant by 'my'? It wasn't some weird fruit I've never heard of?"
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Ber'ri nod-nods, blushing again.
"Y-yeah. It's not a fruit. Though it . . .
*does* . . . come from melons. Sort of."
lkjsdfglkjsdfg "it- . . . we don't advertise it. But it's a fairly popular alternative milk in the crowd that knows about it." She admits with a bit of a shrug. ". . . though lemme say that *explaining* it makes me feel weird about it-"
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Double Dragons]

Ambrosia picks up the paper and has a look at it. Well, that's about as much as she expected though she had hoped for a clearer answer. Not that it ultimately mattered as there was little difference between a 26 and a 36 year old silver dragon. Both were just about Sally sized.

Still, that's what she writes down. Sally, a pink silver dragon. Most likely between 26 and 36 years old.

Then her attention turns back to Alva after she serves the tea. It was after all hard to look away from her once you started looking. It was a bit subtle but it was clear that wherever she was conscious of it or not Alva wanted to be seen. It wasn't just the way she spoke her entire body, including all those tails, seemed like they were moving in unison. Towards a common goal.
This at least made her think of fey even if she couldn't support that hypothesis with anything just yet.

"I see. So what do you think yourself as?" She inquires
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

It comes from... melons? Oh, gods. Hiep can't quite hold back a laugh, which turns into a choked snort.

"The best kind of melons, far as I'm concerned. I'm not surprised you don't advertise it. But do you mean you, like... offer it to special guests?"
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Terumitsu wrote: Mar 20, 2024 11:57 pm [Double Dragons]

Such a fierce and powerful dragon! Another soft trace along between those horns and down her spine as those soda-bottle gummies were shown what for! But Alva would regrettably have to stop showering affection there as they were still working and break time wasn't until later. ...As if Alva ever actually stopped with the little pats and hugs and such all throughout the day anyway, though.

(Snipped only for space!)

"Though, is there anything else I could get for you two?" she asked as she gave a doting smile to the little pink dragon. As magnetic as Alva herself might be to the eye, it would be impossible to miss how much she cared for Sally.
[Double Dragons]

Gosh, how Sally's back arched, much like a kitty when brushed along the spine, as Alva's gentle fingers traced down the length of her widdle body. Her tail tip even shuddered a bit, as an almost undignified little 'mrwlp' noise snuck out of her.

"Mwrrrrr~?" Sally asks, in a tone that Alva can clearly and easily read as 'hot chocolate pweeeeeez? :bweep:'
Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 22, 2024 10:12 pm [Double Dragons]

Ambrosia picks up the paper and has a look at it. Well, that's about as much as she expected though she had hoped for a clearer answer. Not that it ultimately mattered as there was little difference between a 26 and a 36 year old silver dragon. Both were just about Sally sized.

Still, that's what she writes down. Sally, a pink silver dragon. Most likely between 26 and 36 years old.

Then her attention turns back to Alva after she serves the tea. It was after all hard to look away from her once you started looking. It was a bit subtle but it was clear that wherever she was conscious of it or not Alva wanted to be seen. It wasn't just the way she spoke her entire body, including all those tails, seemed like they were moving in unison. Towards a common goal.
This at least made her think of fey even if she couldn't support that hypothesis with anything just yet.

"I see. So what do you think yourself as?" She inquires
[Double Dragons]

Sally watches the paper, tracking the scribbles she had put on it with her entire head, not just her eyes. And then looks up at Ambrosia with wide, blinking eyes.
Did she do good!? She sure feels she did good! And then she joined Ambrosia in looking at her wife.
Her amazing. Beautiful. Stunning. Soft. Fluffy. Loving. Breathtaking. Staggering. Snuggable. Tall. Protective. Funny. Foxxo. Fun. Comforting. Coz-
Morty wrote: Mar 22, 2024 11:55 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

It comes from... melons? Oh, gods. Hiep can't quite hold back a laugh, which turns into a choked snort.

"The best kind of melons, far as I'm concerned. I'm not surprised you don't advertise it. But do you mean you, like... offer it to special guests?"
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Ber'ri does flash a bit of a cheeky grin, as Hiep gets the joke she had sort of set up earlier. She's a little proud of that one.

Though oh no, Hiep just . . . then *acknowledges* the joke and her blush returns immediately and she goes sdflk;sdfg quietly.
"W-w-w-well. We . . . We don't advertise it to just everybody. It's a bit . . . I dunno. Feels a bit weird to just offer as a menu item directly to *everybody*. Also supplies are *somewhat* limited." She admits with a shrug, before following it with, "But yeah- yeah. We offer it to special guests absolutely. Either folks that we know, or that already know it's an option, or to people who otherwise maybe couldn't have milk at *all*, this gives them an option to enjoy it anyway.

. . .
Did-
. . .
you want some? I can get you a . . . Refill of that drink, so you can compare directly."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

"That sure isn't something I expected to be doing when I woke up this morning," Hiep admits. "Though to be honest, when I woke up the only thing I did expect was my head splitting open. Either way, sure, I'll try it."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 24, 2024 11:26 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

"That sure isn't something I expected to be doing when I woke up this morning," Hiep admits. "Though to be honest, when I woke up the only thing I did expect was my head splitting open. Either way, sure, I'll try it."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Ber'ri's blushes, up to this point, had been powerful, colorful, usually accompanied by a stammering collection of incoherent noises.

But the blush she gives when Hiep *takes her up on her offer*, puts all of them to shame. She stands up from the table, knees shaking a little, and biting her lower lip.
She had been the one to offer.
Ber'ri if you didn't expect her to take you up on it, why did you offer . . .
"O-o-o-okay- I- I'll- I'll . . . b-be right back." and she slips away, tail tip nearly thrashing behind her as she goes.

About 5 minutes later, she comes back! With another drink, and a blush on her cheeks that has little to do with being embarrassed.

"H-here you go." she offers, placing the drink on the table in front of Hiep. And it . . .
Well.
It's a coffee. It smells identically to the one she had had not long ago, though maybe a bit . . . richer?

And if she tastes it . . . well.
Ber'ri was not kidding. If Hiep had tasted anything like edible ambrosia before, this is . . . definitely the same stuff. Except . . . milk. It's a thicker liquid than just normal milk. It's slightly sweet, but not cloyingly so. It's rich, it's flavorful, and no one can ever quite *agree* on the exact nature *of* that flavor, seemingly changing subtly from person to person. But they all agree that it's arguably one of, if not literally the, best milks they had ever tasted; and enhances a drink far beyond what it would have been otherwise.

It's also just extremely healthy for you, and may genuinely help Hiep clear out her headache~!
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

Hiep has never tasted ambrosia, as it happens. It's technically edible, but no one would use it for this purpose on its own - and only gods can do it anyway. It's also either fortunate or unfortunate that she's virtually immune to being embarrassed. She blinks as the invisible devils hammering away at her head disappear somewhere. Or at least slow down.

"Wow. That's... incredible. I didn't know coffee could taste like that. Or that anything else could, for that matter."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 25, 2024 11:28 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

Hiep has never tasted ambrosia, as it happens. It's technically edible, but no one would use it for this purpose on its own - and only gods can do it anyway. It's also either fortunate or unfortunate that she's virtually immune to being embarrassed. She blinks as the invisible devils hammering away at her head disappear somewhere. Or at least slow down.

"Wow. That's... incredible. I didn't know coffee could taste like that. Or that anything else could, for that matter."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

"It-" Ber'ri's blush maintains itself. "It- yeah. Yeah it . . ." She shrugs slightly, adjusting the shoulder of her shirt a bit, as mostly a nervous fidget. "I don't know . . . *why* I . . . But I just. It. Just *do*.

I-
I'm glad you like it."
she whispers, very quietly, looking down slightly, a combination of flattered and embarrassed and hearing her heart *pounding* in her ears because this nice, pretty, cool, strong lady complimented her and= and is- is *drinking*-

"dfgjkljkldfg"
General Shrimp
Pronouns: He, Him

Post by General Shrimp »

Mee wrote: Mar 15, 2024 12:07 am
Omigosh it's a cafe!

Sally nods a few times as well, while Jess heads off to find a seat, and looks down at that money.
That was . . .
Definitely too much.
Jess is too cute!, Sally decides.

After a few minutes, Sally sash-sways out from behind the counter, balancing a little tray with Jess' order on it.
She hops on over to Jess' table, and places the whole tray down.
Also on that tray, in one corner, was nearly all the money that Jess had given, right back.
"You paid a bit extra! So here's the rest of it back~! Thank you so much though!" It looks like, if Jess were to count it, that Sally took about the equivalent of a $1 USD Dollar bill from the pile. Definitely not near what the stuff *actually* cost, but enough that Jess did, definitely, pay a bit!

And that makes it fair!!
"I hope you enjoooooy!"
Omigosh it's a cafe!

Jess's eyes widen slightly at Sally's sway. It's hard not to stare a lil' bit when there's that much motion going on. When the tray is set down, Jess tilts her head and stares at the money on the tray with a confused "Arf?" Before hesitantly taking the other bits off the tray and shuffling the money back over to her. "No, no no no there's no way I overpaid by thaaat much. You need to take some money!"
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

General Shrimp wrote: Apr 11, 2024 5:25 am Omigosh it's a cafe!

Jess's eyes widen slightly at Sally's sway. It's hard not to stare a lil' bit when there's that much motion going on. When the tray is set down, Jess tilts her head and stares at the money on the tray with a confused "Arf?" Before hesitantly taking the other bits off the tray and shuffling the money back over to her. "No, no no no there's no way I overpaid by thaaat much. You need to take some money!"
Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Welllll, if you're insisting, and going to be very very kind about it." Sally smiles gently and takes . . .

Another dollar. "All right~ I appreciate your generosity so so *so* much! Thank you!" Sally beams a happy smile. "But it is a special today, so I could not dream of taking any more than that! I appreciate it though!" Sally sort of instinctively reaches out to pat pat Jess' head, but pauses, her fingers pulling back just a tiny bit. "M-may I pat your head?"
Artemis
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

Felandria wrote: Mar 18, 2024 4:39 am Oh, The Olympian, sounds rad as heck, where would I find that place?

Jayla reaches and gives Ember additional scritchies
"Oh! Let me see exactly. Things shift so often around here." Tori says, putting in a few keystrokes into her computer. She then turns it around so Jayla can see. The Nexus Maps site is up, showing the path between the Glittering Garnet Cafe and the Olympian Barcade. "There you go!"