The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Re: The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Post by Felandria »

Artemis wrote: Jan 19, 2024 9:08 am "Oh! Hello!" Tori exclaims when the Hellhound puppy comes up to her. Recognizing it was no normal dog, she begins speaking to Ember in Infernal. The harsh language sounds strange when joined with her obvious glee at seeing the puppy.

"Aren't you so cute! Where did you come from?" The half-fiend will scritch Ember behind the ears and look for a collar. "Are you just running around loose looking to make friends? Where's your owner?" Tori looks up and looks around the cafe, seeing if someone was watching the hellhound puppy.
Jayla looks down and sees that Ember has finished her pup cup and has wandered off.

Now, where did she wander off to?

She stands up from her seat at the counter and looks around to see where the wee lass went.

Soon, she will see someone giving something scritchies and heads over.

There you are, sweety.

I do hope she’s not being a bother.

Tags:
Artemis
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

Tori looks up at Jayla and smiles. "Oh not at all!" The half-fiend assures her. "What's her name? She's gorgeous."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

General Shrimp wrote: Dec 31, 2023 12:59 am Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Oh, okay!" Our mystery customer trots over to the counter with a biiig smile on her face and a happily wagging tail. It cause a bit of an unintentional sway to her movement as the tail swishing causes her to swish back and forth a bit. She puts her hands on the counter and looks up at the menu. "Omigosh, there's so many things on there." Wait, wait, Sally asked for her name, right? "Oh right, hiiiii! I'm Jess, and I'd like a- uh. I'd like a-. I'd like uhhhhhh-" Oh no, she's one of those sorts of customers.
Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Yeah! It's okay! I get lost in the menu too!! There's a *lot* there!" Sally admits, blushing slightly and scratching at the back of her head. "HI JESS!!! It's so good to meet you!" Sally giggles a bit as her tail swishing causes *her* to swish a bit, recognizing the action because, well . . .her own tail does it too.
"Can Iiiiiiiii suggest a . . . um . . .
. . . . um."
She has to turn to look at their own menu. "Salted Caramel Mocha?"
Morty wrote: Dec 31, 2023 6:50 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

"A melon, huh? Wonders never cease." Hiep takes a sip of her coffee. Perhaps fate smiles upon Ber'ri, because she doesn't continue the topic. For now. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Believe it or not but I used to live in a place filled with gods. They don't need to eat or drink so they make an elaborate game of it."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

". . . y-yeah." Ber'ri, fidgeting a good bit as Hiep lets the topic shift. "It's crazy what science can do, I guess."

"Oh dang, for real?" Ber'ri asks, moving to sit on the other chair, not really recognizing the action, or she'd absolutely ask for permission first. "Like . . . Ambrosia-stuff?" Ber'ri asks with a *bit* too much deliberate focus on the word. She seems to have a very invested . . . *something* with that term.
Meowmai wrote: Jan 02, 2024 9:03 pm Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Yeah! Like those!" Like harpies too- ah, oh no. The problems with working in such a vaguely defined section of study within the Nexus of all places is rapidly becoming apparent. "Just usually uh, more niche and uncommon."

She nods, finishing off her food and drink with a beaming smile, and a slight sparkle in her vivid pink eyes. "It sure is a lot, mhm. But thanks! This place is definitely on my list now, I'll always be glad to come back here!"
Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Ooooh yeah yeah! Niche and uncommon! Like unicorns!!" Sally please. P-please.

"Yayyyyy! You will always be welcomed back! We love having you! And maybe if you wanna, say, shaaaaare any more stories?" Sally gives her best puppy dog eyes she can manage to the fwend borb. "Please know I would *adore* getting to hear more stories~!"
Shadowcaller wrote: Jan 19, 2024 12:19 pm [Double Dragons]

The scholar smiles as Sally promises not to be mad at herself and let's out a light chuckle. "I hope you don't. You seem to have high standards already so I wouldn't want you to go too hard on yourself."

She inclines her head in agreement. "But that makes sense. Since I've observed that many dragons don't often work well with authority. Or more specifically, in a subservient position. Is that something you've noticed about yourself or are you an exception in that area as well?"
[Double Dragons]

"You gotta have high standards!" Sally informs Ambrosia with a nod nod, "or the health and safety people tell you that you're not doing a good job! And we, here at the Garnet, are gonna do the best job we can! Promise promise!!" Sally nods one last time, putting a good deal of oomph into the nod, and a good deal of *fwoomph* in her ches- . . .

Hair.

"Oooooooooooo you're asking if I'm a bottom? Yup! Sure am! :D" Sally admits with a *beaming* smile, having absolutely, utterly, and totally misunderstood what was being asked.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Double Dragons]

That was most defectively not what she had been asking and it takes a moment for the scholar to parse the answer.
Nope, she was still not sure if she had heard that correctly.

There's an awkward silence stretching on for a few seconds as Ambrosia blinks in confusion.

"Bottom, as in...?" She finally asks, pronouncing the word 'bottom' especially loudly as if to make sure Sally heard what she said.
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

"Maybe I can try it later, once I'm done with this." Oh dear, it seems Hiep isn't going to forget it. But she makes no comment on Ber'ri sitting down. "And yes, that's exactly it. Ambrosia is what prayers turn to up there. Gods can shape it into mundane materials... but humans can't. So we need to rely on them to do it. Fortunately there are some gods who enjoy cooking and not that many humans who need food."
General Shrimp
Pronouns: He, Him

Post by General Shrimp »

Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Salted. Caramel. Mocha? You can put salt in caramel? Woah." Jess stares at the option on the board, mesmerised by it. "I have no idea what that is. So sure! One salted caramel mocha pleeeease!" After all, it's been recommended. If it's a recommended thingy, it has to be good, right?

Okay, drink ordered, progress is being made, now they just have to-

"Uhhhhh..." Uh oh, she's still staring at the board. "Coooould I get a cookie to go with that pleeeease?" Oh, no, we're fine, she didn't get decision paralysis again.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Artemis wrote: Jan 21, 2024 4:30 am Tori looks up at Jayla and smiles. "Oh not at all!" The half-fiend assures her. "What's her name? She's gorgeous."
Jayla smiles.

This is Ember.

She’s a hellhound puppy.

She’s very affectionate and likes bones.

Also, I’m Jayla Stronglander.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

"Oh! Where's my manners?" The half-fiend extends a hand to Jayla. "Well met. My name is Victoria Rock, but you can call me Tori."
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Artemis wrote: Feb 19, 2024 7:34 am "Oh! Where's my manners?" The half-fiend extends a hand to Jayla. "Well met. My name is Victoria Rock, but you can call me Tori."
Jayla accepts the handshake.

Hello, Tori.

I kinda just got into town recently, trying to find my sister.

We hadn’t really met before, Dad has a lot of kids, it’s a whole thing.

Anyway, I ramble, I do apologize once again if Ember interrupted you…..
Last edited by Felandria on Feb 19, 2024 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

"Oh don't worry about it! She's a sweetheart." Tori assures her. "Oh I get that. My uncle's got a huge family. I haven't met most of them, for the best, I think. Who's your sister? If I can ask? I might know her. I'm born and bred Nexusian. Been around for a while."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Feb 05, 2024 6:39 am [Double Dragons]

That was most defectively not what she had been asking and it takes a moment for the scholar to parse the answer.
Nope, she was still not sure if she had heard that correctly.

There's an awkward silence stretching on for a few seconds as Ambrosia blinks in confusion.

"Bottom, as in...?" She finally asks, pronouncing the word 'bottom' especially loudly as if to make sure Sally heard what she said.
[Double Dragons]

"Yeah! Y-you asked," Sally, suddenly just has a *look* come across her face. H-had . . . did she misunderstand? "Y-you asked about . . . b-being good at . . . at- s-subservient . . .
P-positions . . ."
wait wait wait oh no is that not what she meant.

Must have been! Sally decides after a moment. What else *could* it possibly mean?

"Yup!! That's me!" She beams another happy smile at Ambrosia, happy that she puzzled this one out too.
Morty wrote: Feb 06, 2024 12:07 am [A Hungover Sidereal]

"Maybe I can try it later, once I'm done with this." Oh dear, it seems Hiep isn't going to forget it. But she makes no comment on Ber'ri sitting down. "And yes, that's exactly it. Ambrosia is what prayers turn to up there. Gods can shape it into mundane materials... but humans can't. So we need to rely on them to do it. Fortunately there are some gods who enjoy cooking and not that many humans who need food."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Ber'ri would normally comment on the want to try. She would stammer, blush a bit, try to derail again, but in the moment, Hiep had her full, focused, and very curious attention.
"S-so, if. If you don't mind my asking. Is that . . . So it's. It's prayers? Made physical? Or, prayers, that *can* be shaped into something physical?

And is this something that is like . . . maybe . . . tightly controlled? Never let into mortals' hands, for example?"
This line of questioning seems . . . too specific to 'just be curious'.
General Shrimp wrote: Feb 08, 2024 12:21 am Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Salted. Caramel. Mocha? You can put salt in caramel? Woah." Jess stares at the option on the board, mesmerised by it. "I have no idea what that is. So sure! One salted caramel mocha pleeeease!" After all, it's been recommended. If it's a recommended thingy, it has to be good, right?

Okay, drink ordered, progress is being made, now they just have to-

"Uhhhhh..." Uh oh, she's still staring at the board. "Coooould I get a cookie to go with that pleeeease?" Oh, no, we're fine, she didn't get decision paralysis again.
Omigosh it's a cafe!!!!

"You can!!!" Sally exclaims, her own tail swish swosh ing behind her, about the salt *and* the caramel. "It adds a nice, like . . . a . . . a . . . It tastes good! You betcha!!!! I'll get you one right up!

COOKIE. YES. GOOD!"
Gosh, cookies are the best. "Do you want chocolate chip, or sugar, or- wait-. Wait are you a fluffy doggo? Is . . . is chocolate safe?" Sally doesn't want to pry at all into peoples' lives, but she would feel so guilty choco-hurting a doggo lady D:
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Double Dragons]

"Oh." Ambrosia clears her voice politely. Sally's reaction, much more so than her words, was all the answer she needed.

"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of, Sally." She continues after a few moments, trying to give the pink dragon time to recover but not let the silence drag on so long that it becomes awkward. "But if you don't feel comfortable talking about it we can move on. However, I wasn't actually asking about your, ah, preferences in that area though. More as in how you need to take up a subservient position as a part of your profession."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

Hiep scratches her head. Not something she expected to be asked about in detail. But hey, if Ber'ri has questions, she has answers.

"When people pray to the gods in heaven, it turns into ambrosia. That's how I understand it, at least. I don't know if it's controlled, though. Humans can't work it, no matter how smart or skilled, and it dissolves into nothing outside of heaven. So all of it stays there, used as money or raw material. Gods can change it into... all sorts of things."
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Arf?" Jess tilts her head to one side, one ear flopping over as she does so while the other stays bolt upright. Well I don't know if I'd call myself fluffy, but yes?" Is it not obvious? Is Sally unsure? Jess half-turns to check that- yup, her fluffy curly tail is still there, swishing back and forth a little uncertainly now. "I-is chocolate not safe? Because I have it all the- I mean some of the- I mean I like chocolate. It's tasty."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Feb 20, 2024 11:53 am [Double Dragons]

"Oh." Ambrosia clears her voice politely. Sally's reaction, much more so than her words, was all the answer she needed.

"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of, Sally." She continues after a few moments, trying to give the pink dragon time to recover but not let the silence drag on so long that it becomes awkward. "But if you don't feel comfortable talking about it we can move on. However, I wasn't actually asking about your, ah, preferences in that area though. More as in how you need to take up a subservient position as a part of your profession."
[Double Dragons]

The sound of Sally blinking was nearly audible. Cute, innocent, having *no* idea why Ambrosia was giving her that reaction . . . Confused.
But thankfully Ambrosia continues, and explains a bit!
"Ooooohhhhhhhh!!!" Sally's eyes go wide as she finally gets it.
"You mean like. Serving people drinks and food and stuff.

I love it! It's so fun!"
She beams another smile that practically lights the room. "People can be so *happy* when they get a tasty drink! Like.
They're *so* happy!!! I think- like- if- if we talked about hoards and treasures and things that like. And think *that* may be what I like. What I keep.

The happiness people seem to have when they get their drinks or food. It's a thrill like no other!"

Morty wrote: Feb 20, 2024 6:35 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

Hiep scratches her head. Not something she expected to be asked about in detail. But hey, if Ber'ri has questions, she has answers.

"When people pray to the gods in heaven, it turns into ambrosia. That's how I understand it, at least. I don't know if it's controlled, though. Humans can't work it, no matter how smart or skilled, and it dissolves into nothing outside of heaven. So all of it stays there, used as money or raw material. Gods can change it into... all sorts of things."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

"H-humans can't work it . . . and it dissolves . . ." Ber'ri repeats quietly to herself, nibbling at and rolling her lower lip between her teeth, deep in thought.
"What if it's like . . . fundamentally bound to something *els-*
I mean. Um. Is- . . . A-are you *sure*?"
Oh yeah, Ber'ri, very sneaky. Asking the professional if she's *sure* about the thing you shouldn't have *any* real knowledge of. Very subtle. "I mean have there been. Um. Like.
Any cases where that *wasn't* the case? Where it *did* find its way down to mortal lands?"

General Shrimp wrote: Feb 20, 2024 11:14 pm Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Arf?" Jess tilts her head to one side, one ear flopping over as she does so while the other stays bolt upright. Well I don't know if I'd call myself fluffy, but yes?" Is it not obvious? Is Sally unsure? Jess half-turns to check that- yup, her fluffy curly tail is still there, swishing back and forth a little uncertainly now. "I-is chocolate not safe? Because I have it all the- I mean some of the- I mean I like chocolate. It's tasty."
Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Oh no no no I'm sorry! No no if you have chocolate already then I'm sure it's fine!!!" Certainly, the gods wouldn't deny this sweet little pupper her chocolate!
"Forget I brought it up! I will get you a cookie and the drink!! If you wanna find a seat, I'll bring that right out for ya!"
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Double Dragons]

With that smile, Ambrosia didn't doubt that Sally had exactly that sort of effect on people.
It even made her wonder if she exuded some sort of aura of happiness and helpfulness which- well, made her possibly the most wholesome dragon she had ever talked to.
Since she couldn't even picture Sally hurt anyone intentionally and she had known her for a fraction of a day.

Often she had to force smiles while interviewing other dragons but with Sally she had to restrain herself from smiling too much. Since her joyful attitude was just so infectious. Not that she think Sally would mind but she still had to keep up an air of professionalism. Restrain and all that.

So she clears her voice and tries to at least not match Sally's own smile as she composes her next question.

"That's... an endearing attitude, it really is. I think all the people here can feel it too but just being in the same building as you, Sally." Since it was hard to not compliment her after all that. "But, if you don't mind, would you mind shifting into your dragon form now? If it isn't too much trouble that is."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Mee wrote: Feb 05, 2024 5:09 am Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Ooooh yeah yeah! Niche and uncommon! Like unicorns!!" Sally please. P-please.

"Yayyyyy! You will always be welcomed back! We love having you! And maybe if you wanna, say, shaaaaare any more stories?" Sally gives her best puppy dog eyes she can manage to the fwend borb. "Please know I would *adore* getting to hear more stories~!"
Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

Roxanne smiles, even as she sets about finishing up and preparing to leave. It's hard to resist those eyes. "Oh, I definitely will! Not much happening in the lab at the moment, but, my friend Lily and I are going out to do some field work soon! Poking through the mountains and forests, looking for clues... gods, I'm so excited. Heard lots of rumours about weird things in the area, so I'm sure this'll be the trip we find something for sure!"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

"Nope, never heard of it happening. Even if I'm sure people tried." Hiep blinks, bloodshot eyes focusing on Ber'ri. "Why do you ask? Did you hear about it happening?"
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 01, 2024 10:52 am [Double Dragons]

With that smile, Ambrosia didn't doubt that Sally had exactly that sort of effect on people.
It even made her wonder if she exuded some sort of aura of happiness and helpfulness which- well, made her possibly the most wholesome dragon she had ever talked to.
Since she couldn't even picture Sally hurt anyone intentionally and she had known her for a fraction of a day.

Often she had to force smiles while interviewing other dragons but with Sally she had to restrain herself from smiling too much. Since her joyful attitude was just so infectious. Not that she think Sally would mind but she still had to keep up an air of professionalism. Restrain and all that.

So she clears her voice and tries to at least not match Sally's own smile as she composes her next question.

"That's... an endearing attitude, it really is. I think all the people here can feel it too but just being in the same building as you, Sally." Since it was hard to not compliment her after all that. "But, if you don't mind, would you mind shifting into your dragon form now? If it isn't too much trouble that is."
[Double Dragons]

Sally . . . probably does exude some happiness aura. But it's not magical. It's just . . . being around such a happy, bubbly dragon is just kind of infectious. Science and magic both cannot explain!

Truly, Ambrosia was made of tuff stuff! Able to restrain from smiling and giving in. But Sally would have thought nothing of her internal struggle, Ambrosia was so skilled at holding that poker face. And Sally is, admittedly, bad at reading pokerfaces. But still. Sally's very impressed by Ambrosia's focus and attention on the interview itself!

"awwwwwwjdfgkldfg" Sally stammers a bit, blushing deeply at the compliment. She struggles a whole lot more to regain her composure than Ambrosia did, but nods quickly.
"Yeah of course I can for you! Here!" And with that, Sally leans up a bit over the table -- accidently giving Ambrosia an absolutely breathtaking view -- before she just kind of . . .
*puuf*s. And then a small, house-cat sized widdle pink dragon kind of falls a foot or so onto the table, with very little grace. She lands with a bit of a *whumpf*, but fairly quickly scrambles up.
She looks up at Ambrosia.
Then down at herself.
Back up to Ambrosia.
And then makes a very catlike little mewrlll, and even strikes a bit of a heroic, cool pose! that's only *mostly* silly.
Meowmai wrote: Mar 02, 2024 9:34 am Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

Roxanne smiles, even as she sets about finishing up and preparing to leave. It's hard to resist those eyes. "Oh, I definitely will! Not much happening in the lab at the moment, but, my friend Lily and I are going out to do some field work soon! Poking through the mountains and forests, looking for clues... gods, I'm so excited. Heard lots of rumours about weird things in the area, so I'm sure this'll be the trip we find something for sure!"
Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Ooooo! I hope you have a good visit!! And bring Lily with you next time if you want! We'll make sure you both get some food!
And gosh, I hope you do find something! That sounds exciting!! Please please do lemme know I'm so invested in thissssss!"

Morty wrote: Mar 02, 2024 12:15 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

"Nope, never heard of it happening. Even if I'm sure people tried." Hiep blinks, bloodshot eyes focusing on Ber'ri. "Why do you ask? Did you hear about it happening?"
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Ber'ri's eyes dart left and right a bit, as if almost . . . caught?
"T-t-t-that depends-" she stammers, quietly, tail tip swishing almost nervously behind her. "W-w-w-would-
I- I have a *friend*. W-who has some questions. Maybe."
That'll definitely throw Hiep off the trail. Right?
. . .
Does Ber'ri even have to throw Hiep off the trail?
Well. One more question should clear that.
"D-d-depends. Would. Um.
Would my friend be in any *trouble* if I had heard about it happening in some way from them? If- if I told you."
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

Hiep's eyes follow the movement of Ber'ri's tail for a moment. It's kind of adorable. But then she focuses on the question... or as much as she can focus in her current state.

"Not really? If it happened to your friend it's probably not our ambrosia. And even if it was, I've got enough on my plate without reporting it. The gods have plenty of it as it is. And the brass would probably want me to do something about it so I'd pass."
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Artemis wrote: Feb 19, 2024 7:54 am "Oh don't worry about it! She's a sweetheart." Tori assures her. "Oh I get that. My uncle's got a huge family. I haven't met most of them, for the best, I think. Who's your sister? If I can ask? I might know her. I'm born and bred Nexusian. Been around for a while."
Her name’s Felandria, tall, red hair…….

Jayla sits across from Tori because she has realized she’s looming and she doesn’t want to loom.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Double Dragons]

Ambrosia gives her another smile as she blushes and then let's out a nervous chuckle. "Please, don't be awkward for my sake." She really didn't want to embarrass poor Sally. In fact, it surprised her that she seemed so unused to compliments. Perhaps others found her a bit... intimidating.

But speaking of intimidating.
The scholar will respectfully look down at her own writing as Sally leans over. That was not really relevant to her research...

It was certainly one of her more unusual features but as Sally seemed to know little about how she gained her human form it stood to reason that she wouldn't be able to tell her all that much about it even if she asked.

Which she hadn't been planning to do in the first place of course.

Anyway.

A few seconds later she will look up to see, Sally.
But a completely different kind of Sally. Certainly smaller in more ways than one.
"Oh, you're quite the dragon." She compliments as Sally strikes a pose. "But you can't speak in this form then?"
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Felandria wrote: Mar 03, 2024 8:15 pm Her name’s Felandria, tall, red hair…….

Jayla sits across from Tori because she has realized she’s looming and she doesn’t want to loom.
Tori moves her laptop aside, so as it's not between them. The half-fiend thinks for a moment then it strikes her. "Felandria? I think she was the mayor of Riverside for a while. She owns the Olympian Barcade too."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Mee wrote: Mar 03, 2024 3:07 am Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Ooooo! I hope you have a good visit!! And bring Lily with you next time if you want! We'll make sure you both get some food!
And gosh, I hope you do find something! That sounds exciting!! Please please do lemme know I'm so invested in thissssss!"
Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Thank you, really I will! Lily would love this place too I'm sure. Be back someday!" Roxanne beams very thoroughly at Sally, before making her way out with a wave- or the closest thing a harpy can muster, anyways.
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Mee wrote: Mar 01, 2024 5:33 am
Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Oh no no no I'm sorry! No no if you have chocolate already then I'm sure it's fine!!!" Certainly, the gods wouldn't deny this sweet little pupper her chocolate!
"Forget I brought it up! I will get you a cookie and the drink!! If you wanna find a seat, I'll bring that right out for ya!"
Omigosh it's a cafe!

Jess looks very confused. She's tilted her head back and forth like three times in the course of this explanation. Chocolate was fine but then it wasn't fine but now it is fine again?

Well, at least the final answer is that chocolate is still fine?

Yes. It's still fine. That's good. Back to happy smiles.

Jess fumbles in her little purse and plonks exactly too much money on the counter without much thought. "Okay! I'll go find a seat!" She turns and trots away, tail swish swish swishing as she wanders off to take a seat.
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 03, 2024 7:17 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

Hiep's eyes follow the movement of Ber'ri's tail for a moment. It's kind of adorable. But then she focuses on the question... or as much as she can focus in her current state.

"Not really? If it happened to your friend it's probably not our ambrosia. And even if it was, I've got enough on my plate without reporting it. The gods have plenty of it as it is. And the brass would probably want me to do something about it so I'd pass."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

"Oh okay, so I'm saf- m-my *friend*-" Nah, Ber'ri, you flubbed it. Oh no. " . . .
p-please don't report it."
she bites her lower lip, eyes downcast and nervous.
"It- it me. I dunno *how*. I dunno *why*." She admits, the last few inches of her tail practically *thrashing* behind her as she finally just breaks like a dam, getting to just *talk* about this to someone.
"I . . . just . . . make . . . the stuff. I think. As far as I can tell."
Shadowcaller wrote: Mar 03, 2024 8:20 pm [Double Dragons]

Ambrosia gives her another smile as she blushes and then let's out a nervous chuckle. "Please, don't be awkward for my sake." She really didn't want to embarrass poor Sally. In fact, it surprised her that she seemed so unused to compliments. Perhaps others found her a bit... intimidating.

But speaking of intimidating.
The scholar will respectfully look down at her own writing as Sally leans over. That was not really relevant to her research...

It was certainly one of her more unusual features but as Sally seemed to know little about how she gained her human form it stood to reason that she wouldn't be able to tell her all that much about it even if she asked.

Which she hadn't been planning to do in the first place of course.

Anyway.

A few seconds later she will look up to see, Sally.
But a completely different kind of Sally. Certainly smaller in more ways than one.
"Oh, you're quite the dragon." She compliments as Sally strikes a pose. "But you can't speak in this form then?"
[Double Dragons]

If Sally noticed Ambrosia averting her eyes, or even staring really, she didn't seem to notice either way. She just . . . didn't think anything of it. It was just a perfectly normal action for her to have taken, why, was there something even potentially naughty about it!? so weird!

The little dragon seems to *beam* again at the compliment, prancing from one front foot on the table to the other, strutting her stuff!
And letting off a cute, tiny little puff of cool air that fogged slightly in the warm of the cafe.

But then she nod nods a few times, head bobbing a bit exaggeratedly. Talking is def not an option.
But being pink, with faintly iridescent wings, definitely *is* an option!
All her body structure, head shape, wings, etc, all do seem fairly indicative of a metallic, Silver dragon.
Just . . .
Somehow turned pink.
Meowmai wrote: Mar 08, 2024 9:13 am Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Thank you, really I will! Lily would love this place too I'm sure. Be back someday!" Roxanne beams very thoroughly at Sally, before making her way out with a wave- or the closest thing a harpy can muster, anyways.
Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Have fun storming the castle!!" Sally waves to her friend, excited for her to come back -- and bring a friend!! -- later!
General Shrimp wrote: Mar 10, 2024 10:18 pm Omigosh it's a cafe!

Jess looks very confused. She's tilted her head back and forth like three times in the course of this explanation. Chocolate was fine but then it wasn't fine but now it is fine again?

Well, at least the final answer is that chocolate is still fine?

Yes. It's still fine. That's good. Back to happy smiles.

Jess fumbles in her little purse and plonks exactly too much money on the counter without much thought. "Okay! I'll go find a seat!" She turns and trots away, tail swish swish swishing as she wanders off to take a seat.
Omigosh it's a cafe!

Sally nods a few times as well, while Jess heads off to find a seat, and looks down at that money.
That was . . .
Definitely too much.
Jess is too cute!, Sally decides.

After a few minutes, Sally sash-sways out from behind the counter, balancing a little tray with Jess' order on it.
She hops on over to Jess' table, and places the whole tray down.
Also on that tray, in one corner, was nearly all the money that Jess had given, right back.
"You paid a bit extra! So here's the rest of it back~! Thank you so much though!" It looks like, if Jess were to count it, that Sally took about the equivalent of a $1 USD Dollar bill from the pile. Definitely not near what the stuff *actually* cost, but enough that Jess did, definitely, pay a bit!

And that makes it fair!!
"I hope you enjoooooy!"
Terumitsu
Fresh Baby Poster

Post by Terumitsu »

Mee wrote: Mar 15, 2024 12:07 am [Double Dragons]

If Sally noticed Ambrosia averting her eyes, or even staring really, she didn't seem to notice either way. She just . . . didn't think anything of it. It was just a perfectly normal action for her to have taken, why, was there something even potentially naughty about it!? so weird!

The little dragon seems to *beam* again at the compliment, prancing from one front foot on the table to the other, strutting her stuff!
And letting off a cute, tiny little puff of cool air that fogged slightly in the warm of the cafe.

But then she nod nods a few times, head bobbing a bit exaggeratedly. Talking is def not an option.
But being pink, with faintly iridescent wings, definitely *is* an option!
All her body structure, head shape, wings, etc, all do seem fairly indicative of a metallic, Silver dragon.
Just . . .
Somehow turned pink.
[Double Dragons - Just a brief aside]

Related to the going-ons here.. Well, it would only be just a moment!

Alva had been tending to other things in the background, the occasional ear twitch towards the table and perhaps having to keep from laughing at a few of the answers that Sally had given despite how incredibly true they were. "Care for a refill or something new, you two?" she asked, swishing up to the tableside...

Though, Ambrosia might surmise this was just an excuse for Alva to bring by a small mountain of tiny, bite-sized treats, mini-cakes, soft candies, and other gently sweet things that just so happened to be sized for a tiny pink dragon to be able to chomp on easily.... And also a chance to dote on any small dragons that may or may not be at the table right now with a gentle scratch under the chin and a soft kiss on their little head if they felt so inclined to receive such! Though if allowed, she might then also end up leaving a mark of that black yet sparkly lipstick on the little dragon's snoot... It would probably also persist when Sally changed back too... Assuming it wasn't wiped away.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

There's a long pause as Hiep tries to work out if she did actually hear what she thinks she did. But she's hungover, not drunk, so she must have.

"You... make ambrosia? How do you make it, exactly? It's supposed to come from prayer."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Mar 16, 2024 12:52 am [A Hungover Sidereal]

There's a long pause as Hiep tries to work out if she did actually hear what she thinks she did. But she's hungover, not drunk, so she must have.

"You... make ambrosia? How do you make it, exactly? It's supposed to come from prayer."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Ber'ri nod nods a few more times, starting to talk a bit quickly, and trying to say *something*, but failing. She jumbles words once.
Twice.
Her blush, a deep purple hue, flushes all the harder, as she tries to form coherent words and fails.
"I-" she tries, one more time, hiding her face in her hands, which is apparently the only way she can admit it; "I . . . am a cow girl. I *make* it in the most . . . obviously stereotypical way . . ."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Double Dragons]

Ambrosia had some experience with silver dragons, though not with the younger ones. Since it turned out that most dragons were not keen on letting anyone, scholar or otherwise, close to their children.
She did make note of what seemed to be ice breath however. While Sally scales had turned pink it seems that was unchanged. "That's your ice breath, correct?" She nonetheless inquires, expecting Sally to nod or shake her head in response. "What an ironic contrast to your warm personality." The scholar smiles faintly.

Then she offers Sally a blank piece of paper, placing it on the table between them. "But while we're at it do you think you could carve in your age on this paper here?" She hoped she was still capable of doing as much with her claws.

Then Alva enters the room.
Ambrosia unable but to once again note that the pair had a lot in common in terms of appearance. In fact, that seemed to be a running theme with this whole cafe. That and pink.
It honestly reminded her of the houses of delight back home but those offered a broader set of services.
"I could have some more of that tea."
Then she realizes that there was something else she could ask while she was here.
"Say Alva, if you don't mind me asking, are you a fox-fey? A kitsune perhaps?"