The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Locales found within the main city centers; primarily Inside, Riverside, and Skyside.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Re: The Glittering Garnet Cafe

Post by Ironsmith »

Reinholdt wrote: Nov 16, 2023 6:16 am "You sound exceptionally lively for a corpse. How's Heaven been treating you? Surely paradise compared to the frigid sea of the Abyss." Ilpholin reveals a little too much. Or perhaps not enough.

"The question is fair at least. The simple fact is, if I were to be trying to kill you, I wouldn't have called. You met Sandy and Old Mrs. Witherspoon. I have a hundred more like it and could create a hundred more in a day. I don't need to contact you to get close enough to do the job. In fact, it would run contrary to such an endeavor, heightening your awareness and making an assassination all the more difficult. Paranoid targets are the most difficult targets. And it's not like you've gone to ground, so deep in hiding that you can't be found and need to be lured out. If I were trying to kill you, this whole song and dance would be worse than a waste of time, it'd be counter-productive." And Ilpholin already hates wasting time.
"...She has a point."

The duo look over to Euphoria as she weighs in. "Strategically, there would be little point in calling for a truce under false pretenses at this time. She's already calling you on a phone we didn't know yet that you had. However she got your number, she could conceivably get out address, and from there it would be relatively simple to attempt to finish off the both of us. But that would apparently be rather bothersome." The demoness throws a meaningful glance in Fel's direction. "But, out of an abundance of caution, I will go. There is still some room for this to be a trick and I can defend myself better than you can."
Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? Course ya do!

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
And they're aaaaall dead.

Tags:
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

"The demon I've been told repeatedly and with great emphasis that I cannot defeat and would kill me a thousand times over given the barest hint of an opportunity?"

A pause.

"You can come with and wait outside while I discuss things with Exstacy."
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"It sounds like an equal assumption of risk to me." Euphoria explains coldly. "Since we've heard much the same about you, and those were no mere rumors. If we are to negotiate in good faith, then let's talk in good faith."

Exstacy and Melody stare at the phone silently, listening in tense anticipation for Ilpholin's response.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria
Less-Fresh Toddler Poster

Post by Felandria »

Felandria is hesitant to speak at all while the phone conversation is happening, due to the fact that even reminding Ilpholin of her existence might give the game away.

She will simply listen carefully and scarf down the remainder of her breakfast.
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Ilpholin allows the anticipation to simmer for a moment before replying, considering Euphoria's words carefully. "Equal assumption of risk. Good faith. What alluring phrases. But they gloss over the fact that I have provided some semblance of assurance as to why I do not wish you dead in this exchange, but you have provided none in return. Nor do I think you could logically provide me with any in this particular situation. No. No, we are not on equal footing here."

"So let me wind things back a bit, rescind the potential of accompaniment, and make things more clear. I am not making this offer to your friend circle. I am making this offer to Exstacy and solely to her. She may accept it or refuse it as she deems fit. But if I see anyone else approaching the site, the deal is off and I, my information, and the letters vanish."
► SHOW SPOILER
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Euphoria scowls, biting back her lip to avoid lashing out with a harsher, more audible response. There are a dozen things she wants to say to Ilpholin in that moment, none of them especially productive.

Meanwhile, Exstacy and Melody can be heard undergoing a quiet debate between themselves.

"You're not still thinking of going?!"

"It's me or nobody, she said."

"Then make it nobody! There's nothing she can offer us that could possibly make it worth the risk!"

"...Yeah, there is."

"Those letters are not-"

"She promised an end to the hunt. Maybe you haven't noticed between your weekly yoga sessions and soy lattes, but Euphoria and I are in hiding. If we don't get Ilpholin off our backs, she'll still sniff us out. I don't just want to just survive in some obscure corner of the Nexus; I want to live again."

"...But we both know we can't trust her. She'll kill you."

"...If she does, at least I won't be hiding anymore."
Exstacy clears her throat and returns her attention to the phone. "All right, Ilpholin. Where and when?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Reinholdt
Reborn Elder Poster

Post by Reinholdt »

Ilpholin waits patiently and after Exstacy decides, there's a ding on the phone to indicate another text.

"I've sent you the address. There'll be an unlocked and partially ajar door for you. I expect to see you there in thirty to forty minutes." Ilpholin lingers on the call just long enough to hear any particularly moving protests about the time frame, but otherwise will hang up.

The address can be traced to a large non-abandoned warehouse in Southside that is currently outside of its usual operating business hours. It appears to be some sort of standard logistics company that ships large crates up and down the nearby river.
► SHOW SPOILER
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Felandria takes the last bite of her breakfast and finishes her beverage before sighing.

Well, so much for Plan A.

What do we do now?
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"That does make impersonating me a little pointless, yes." Euphoria frowns.

"...So that's it, then? Stacy's just going alone?"

"Ilpholin did say she'd call it off if anybody else came. Sorta limits out options." Exstacy points out.

"...No. She said she'd call it off if she saw anybody else come." A small smirk dances across Euphoria's lips as an idea starts to form.

"What, you think we should tail her invisibly or something?" Melody frowns. "Ilpholin's a demon hunter. She probably has a dozen different ways of sniffing out our usual tricks for going unseen."

"Which is why we send someone who isn't a demon and doesn't use the usual tricks." Euphoria finishes.

"...Her?" Exstacy looks skeptically up at Felandria. "...I don't know if you've noticed, Phory, but she's an actual giant. How do you expect her to stay unseen? Bring a tree for her to hide behind?"

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Morty wrote: Nov 14, 2023 9:51 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

Hiep... keeps drinking Ber'ri's heavy-duty mixture. She does grimace, but it's still clear she has remarkable constitution and an iron-cast stomach.

"I don't handle milk very well. We didn't drink it where I came from. But... is there any other kind?"
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Gosh, she's handling that drink well enough that Ber'ri is slightly *scared*. Who *is* this newcomer? ***No one*** handles this drink this well.
"Oh, that's okay! We can definitely just get something that'll be easier on you. And yeah!
Yeah we have several kinds of milk here! We've got soy, coconut, hemp, my, almond,"
there was something in there that made her pause for a half second. Like it slipped out before she could really think about it. "B-b-b-but I. I. Um. I recommend Coconut. It's- it's good! I-I-I'll go get it started for you bye-" This last is all gasped in half a breath and, unless stopped, she just ducks away fleeing.
Shadowcaller wrote: Nov 15, 2023 12:01 am [Double Dragons]

Dragons were well-known for their ability to ignore gravity and other laws of physics so Ambrosia wasn't going to question how Sally got around so easily. Not counting doorways or even tighter gaps of course.

"Door frames tend to be made for smaller people, even in the nexus." Ambrosia agrees, in contrast the only doorways she'd have trouble fit into would be ones made for small vanara.
"But I don't think you'll be surprised to hear that a lot of dragons agree with you on hands. However, some dragons actually do have hands better suited for manipulation of finer things." Not her though, or Sally apparently. "Hugs though? Not as common an answer." The scholar smiles faintly.

"But what made you work here then? I know that a lot of other dragons has an arrogant attitude that makes them believe that its beneath them to serve others."
[Double Dragons]

"Yeah, so true! Why are door frames so small? So we made sure that in the house my wife and I got," she gestures over at the foxxo who was listening who was even *taller* than she is, "that we got a house with nice large door frames! Because bonking your head sucks after a while. I'm usually okay! The horns take the hit for me, but she doesn't have horns." Sally shakes her head sadly. "Oh really? It's not just me with the hands?" Sally's eyes widen and she beams a happy grin. She felt like she had gotten it right! Not . . . not that it was a question to get *right*, but hands *rock*!
"B-b-b-but yeah! I . . . I am a sucker for hugs. I enjoy them a lot. I just . . . it's nice to just hold someone tight. Feel their warm. Share your own warm! Hugs are some of the best things.

But what made me work here? People are- Dragons- they- what-"
Sally blinks several times. Clearly partially just not understanding. But Ambrosia had spoken just fine! It wasn't that she didn't understand what was *said*, she didn't understand "why would other dragons think that? It's fun! And people are so happy when you give them things! ANd if you give them the thing they ask for and really want? It's so fun, and nice!"
Meowmai wrote: Nov 16, 2023 7:45 am Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"No, no, not those." Roxanne protests, briefly holding her head in her wings. How dare her definitely very real and noble profession of studying bigfoot and mothman be compared to such a useless and fraudulent field! Her frustration does not last long though, as it's clear desite her mistake that Sally is enthusiastically interested.

"It's more like... I study magical or mythological creatures," she simplifies it, sure, but that's close enough. "And mhm! It is fun, and- yes! Exactly like that. I mean I'm still not sure, but- some things don't make sense to me otherwise. And this whole line of work has got me wondering about, how this even works because... some of these things shouldn't exist! But they do! And that got me thinking, like, how do all these weird creatures and all us weird people even come together and work in the same universe!? Like, I don't understand the physics of it at all! But I will! One day! But like, a cryptid's whole thing is being hard to find, let alone study, so it's not easy!" Roxanne continues to ramble, unaware if anything she's saying is at all understandable or not.
Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Ooooo oh oh oh I'm sorry!" Sally takes a half step back. She didn't mean to offend! She just . . . absolutely and utterly misunderstood. Whoopsies.

"Ooooo that makes sense!! Like Unicorns! And Dragons!" The most mythological and never before seen creat- wait, Sally, you-
"Well! I do wish you luck! That sounds like a really big task! like . . . 'how did we get here, sarge' levels of questions. And I support you finding out! You got this!!! And if you ever need a place to unwind and share the things you find, we'll be here with more hot drinks for you at any time you need 'em!"
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Ironsmith wrote: Nov 23, 2023 6:11 am "That does make impersonating me a little pointless, yes." Euphoria frowns.

"...So that's it, then? Stacy's just going alone?"

"Ilpholin did say she'd call it off if anybody else came. Sorta limits out options." Exstacy points out.

"...No. She said she'd call it off if she saw anybody else come." A small smirk dances across Euphoria's lips as an idea starts to form.

"What, you think we should tail her invisibly or something?" Melody frowns. "Ilpholin's a demon hunter. She probably has a dozen different ways of sniffing out our usual tricks for going unseen."

"Which is why we send someone who isn't a demon and doesn't use the usual tricks." Euphoria finishes.

"...Her?" Exstacy looks skeptically up at Felandria. "...I don't know if you've noticed, Phory, but she's an actual giant. How do you expect her to stay unseen? Bring a tree for her to hide behind?"
Felandria sets her glass down.

About that….

So, this is my actual size, but, years back I competed in a labyrinth and my reward for escaping was that I received the ability to shapeshift and change size.

And so……

At which point Felandria becomes fairy sized, complete with wings, and flies over to land on Euphoria’s chest.
Shadowcaller
Poster from Beyond the Veil

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Double Dragons]

Ambrosia appears to consider Sally's answer for a moment. "While I'd be hard pressed to refer to it as a 'community' there's a common notion among dragons that I've interviewed that being stronger makes them better. So the idea of serving the very same people they're better than is insulting. Ironically, I've sometimes found a similar notion in dragons that have chosen to protect others since they too want control. Just with the excuse that they're doing it for their own good."

She flips through the tome for a moment, though it seems like the pages are mostly moving on their own accord now as the barest touch of claw-like tips of her gloves are enough.
Then it suddenly stops at one specific page which she takes a quick look at.
"I remember this one instance where a number of coastal villages was under the 'protection' of a dragon who insisted that in exchange of tributes he would protect them from bandits. However, while this might have been a thing in the past there was no contemporary evidence I could find suggesting that the dragon was protecting them from anything but fear itself."

She looks up at Sally. "None of this relates to you of course but I think it's a good example of a common draconic attitude. Even while claiming to provide a service they're ultimately only serving themselves."
Morty
Moderately Powerful Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

What was that word? May? Mai? Mye? Must be some local plant she's unfamiliar with.

"Coconut is fine!" she calls out after Ber'ri. That was weird.
General Shrimp
Pronouns: He, Him

Post by General Shrimp »

Omigosh it's a cafe!

Someone new enters the cafe!

Dressed in a swooshy flowery yellow dress with a big ol' straw hat with a little blue ribbon on it through which a pair of fuzzy ears poke, she's a bit on the smol side and a little on the round side, with a short curled-up tail swishing back and forth behind her.

She would appear to be a lady with some distinctly dog-like features. And one who is seemingly overwhelmed by new experiences, as the dazzling array of new sights and sounds, and possibly the extensive array of delicious drinks and treats on the menu as she gets all of about two steps through the door before stopping and staring up starry-eyed at the place, quietly mumbling (maybe not so quietly) under her breath, "Omigosh omigosh omigosh look at this place!"

She-

She might need a hand being coaxed further away from the door before she gets in someone's way.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

Felandria wrote: Dec 03, 2023 9:00 am Felandria sets her glass down.

About that….

So, this is my actual size, but, years back I competed in a labyrinth and my reward for escaping was that I received the ability to shapeshift and change size.

And so……

At which point Felandria becomes fairy sized, complete with wings, and flies over to land on Euphoria’s chest.
Her attempt to land on Euphoria's chest is met with an outstretched hand, serving as a landing pad; Felandria might remember that Euphoria's chest has quite a few places where either she wouldn't want to put her feet or Euphoria wouldn't want them.

"...Okay, I did not see that coming." Melody breathes, staring at the fairy-sized Fel.

"And with any luck, neither will Ilpholin." Euphoria smiles.

"...Okay, neat trick and all, but where exactly do you expect me to put her?" Exstacy grimaces. "I don't have any pockets and there's only so much room in the Euphoria special." She pauses, seeming to consider a few other possibilities, before giving a little shudder of disgust and shaking her head. "And I'm vetoing the next few options."

"Maybe she could hide in your hair?" Melody offers, looking to Felandria for ideas.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Yeah, hair is a fantastic idea.

Certainly makes it easier for me to breathe.
Ironsmith
Arisen Zombie Poster

Post by Ironsmith »

"...Well, I don't hear any better ideas." Exstacy grimaces, raising up her hair to make a space for Felandria to nestle in, between it and her neck. "Try not to tug anything."

If Felandria does indeed climb in, Exstacy then grabs her phone and tucks it back into place. "Ilpholin said we've only got half an hour, so that's all the prep work we can really do." She grimaces. "...Wish me luck, girls."

"Good luck." Melody mutters half-heartedly, with all the confidence of someone about to watch her friend jump in front of a train.

Euphoria just gives a little nod.

And with that, the succubus is off, as quickly as she can run, toward Riftline.

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
Damn few,
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Ironsmith wrote: Dec 07, 2023 6:49 pm "...Well, I don't hear any better ideas." Exstacy grimaces, raising up her hair to make a space for Felandria to nestle in, between it and her neck. "Try not to tug anything."

If Felandria does indeed climb in, Exstacy then grabs her phone and tucks it back into place. "Ilpholin said we've only got half an hour, so that's all the prep work we can really do." She grimaces. "...Wish me luck, girls."

"Good luck." Melody mutters half-heartedly, with all the confidence of someone about to watch her friend jump in front of a train.

Euphoria just gives a little nod.

And with that, the succubus is off, as quickly as she can run, toward Riftline.
Felandria does climb into Exstacy’s hair, securing herself without causing Exstacy any discomfort
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 03, 2023 11:35 am [Double Dragons]

Ambrosia appears to consider Sally's answer for a moment. "While I'd be hard pressed to refer to it as a 'community' there's a common notion among dragons that I've interviewed that being stronger makes them better. So the idea of serving the very same people they're better than is insulting. Ironically, I've sometimes found a similar notion in dragons that have chosen to protect others since they too want control. Just with the excuse that they're doing it for their own good."

She flips through the tome for a moment, though it seems like the pages are mostly moving on their own accord now as the barest touch of claw-like tips of her gloves are enough.
Then it suddenly stops at one specific page which she takes a quick look at.
"I remember this one instance where a number of coastal villages was under the 'protection' of a dragon who insisted that in exchange of tributes he would protect them from bandits. However, while this might have been a thing in the past there was no contemporary evidence I could find suggesting that the dragon was protecting them from anything but fear itself."

She looks up at Sally. "None of this relates to you of course but I think it's a good example of a common draconic attitude. Even while claiming to provide a service they're ultimately only serving themselves."
[Double Dragons]

"Oooooohhhh." Sally listens, her eyes getting wider and wider as she does. "Oh gosh. W-w-w-well. I mean. I- . . .
I charge people for drinks. That- that's kind of the same thing right? Oh gosh oh no Dx"
Sally- sally no. No that's . . . that's not . . .
"Y-yes. Thank you for the examples! It . . . it is definitely something to think about!" She nods once. Maybe she can find a way to make the drinks fre-
"I appreciate it thank you!!"
Morty wrote: Dec 03, 2023 9:01 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

What was that word? May? Mai? Mye? Must be some local plant she's unfamiliar with.

"Coconut is fine!" she calls out after Ber'ri. That was weird.
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Coconut it is! It takes a good couple minutes for Ber'ri to come back -- a good few of which were definitely spent in the back room trying to talk herself down from what she said, and that it was fine, it was okay, nothing happened, it was *all good* -- but she comes back soon with another nice, warm, rich drink, made from coconut milk to avoid being too harsh on poor Hiep.
"H-here you go~" She says quietly, her blush immediately coming back slightly oh gosh oh no she just finished strangling it down in the back room aaaa "I- I hope you enjoy~"
General Shrimp wrote: Dec 03, 2023 11:33 pm Omigosh it's a cafe!

Someone new enters the cafe!

Dressed in a swooshy flowery yellow dress with a big ol' straw hat with a little blue ribbon on it through which a pair of fuzzy ears poke, she's a bit on the smol side and a little on the round side, with a short curled-up tail swishing back and forth behind her.

She would appear to be a lady with some distinctly dog-like features. And one who is seemingly overwhelmed by new experiences, as the dazzling array of new sights and sounds, and possibly the extensive array of delicious drinks and treats on the menu as she gets all of about two steps through the door before stopping and staring up starry-eyed at the place, quietly mumbling (maybe not so quietly) under her breath, "Omigosh omigosh omigosh look at this place!"

She-

She might need a hand being coaxed further away from the door before she gets in someone's way.
Omigosh it's a cafe!

Cafe!!! Omg omg omg!
"Omigosh omigosh look at youuuu!" Sally, right behind the counter and *immediately* getting swept up in the excitement, replies, a happy grin working its way to her expression. "Come in come in come in! Hi hi hi! Welcome! Oh my gosh you're so cute!!!"
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Arf?"It takes a moment, but Sally's enthusiastic response does manage to knock the new customer(?) out of her sensory overload. She shakes her head back and forth for a moment then blinks and looks up, and up, and up at Sally. "Omigosh you're big. Hi big lady! Biiiiiiig!" Oh, no, she's got the starry-eyed look again. "Oh right. Um, are you open?"

There's numerous customers in the cafe. You're being addressed by someone in uniform behind the counter. There's food on display. There's steam coming out of the coffee machine. The lights are on. The door is open. The sign in the door says that they're open. I don't think you need to ask if they're open.

This may take a while. But I'm sure it's fine. Sally's dealt with problem customers before, right?
Last edited by General Shrimp on Dec 19, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

"Thanks." Hiep takes a sip of the coffee. "This is good. I didn't know you could make coffee with milk. Or that milk could be done with so many things. Like coconuts or oats or... that other thing you said, I didn't hear it right." Oh dear. "I knew of people drinking milk from cows or goats but it's not really done back where I'm from."
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

[Double Dragons]

"Oh I didn't mean-" Ambrosia raises her hand. "Not all dragons need to care about money. Perhaps, if you hoard anything at all, you hoard appreciation, Sally?" The scholar inquires with a small smile. "Since you're as far from that particular dragon as they come. I can tell you that much. So don't start giving away things for free now, alright? I suspect your employer wouldn't like that."
Mee
Just A Fox

Post by Mee »

General Shrimp wrote: Dec 19, 2023 12:13 am Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Arf?"It takes a moment, but Sally's enthusiastic response does manage to knock the new customer(?) out of her sensory overload. She shakes her head back and forth for a moment then blinks and looks up, and up, and up at Sally. "Omigosh you're big. Hi big lady! Biiiiiiig!" Oh, no, she's got the starry-eyed look again. "Oh right. Um, are you open?"

There's numerous customers in the cafe. You're being addressed by someone in uniform behind the counter. There's food on display. There's steam coming out of the coffee machine. The lights are on. The door is open. The sign in the door says that they're open. I don't think you need to ask if they're open.

This may take a while. But I'm sure it's fine. Sally's dealt with problem customers before, right?
Omigosh doggy doggy doggy!

"Yes!" Sally beams back, hopping up and down a bit excitedly herself too. "Yes yes yes~! We're open! Come over come over come 'ere~!" Sally waves her over towards the countertop. "Now okay, what can I get you, and what is your name?" Sally beams, her smile wide and innocent and just as excited as her new best friend is.
Morty wrote: Dec 19, 2023 9:52 pm [A Hungover Sidereal]

"Thanks." Hiep takes a sip of the coffee. "This is good. I didn't know you could make coffee with milk. Or that milk could be done with so many things. Like coconuts or oats or... that other thing you said, I didn't hear it right." Oh dear. "I knew of people drinking milk from cows or goats but it's not really done back where I'm from."
[A Hungover Sidereal]

Ber'ri just kind of *freezes*. Entirely and utterly. The slow rise and fall of her chest even stops. She just . . . goes inhumanly still.
Oh no.
Hiep had heard her. When she let 'my' slip, when talking about milk.
She needs a distraction. Were she thinking clearly, she could just . . . not answer. It wasn't even a question! But Hiep had asked in *just* a tone that sounded just curious enough, that her natural instinct to explain just . . . kind of kicks in.
Just be cool.
Just don't say it.
Just deflect, distract, no need to be *direct*.
Just don't make it any wors-

"It comes from a type of melon."
. . .
Why is my brain like this-

Ber'ri accidently stumbles harder into the pit trap of her own creation, and stammers a bit, desperately flailing at straws to get back to a semblance of *not talking about this*. "Y-y-y-yeah! Yeah there are. Um. A lot of alternatives. Some of them better than others, in m-my opinion. I am a fan of coconut, and I am thankful you seem t-to be as well!"
Shadowcaller wrote: Dec 24, 2023 8:02 pm [Double Dragons]

"Oh I didn't mean-" Ambrosia raises her hand. "Not all dragons need to care about money. Perhaps, if you hoard anything at all, you hoard appreciation, Sally?" The scholar inquires with a small smile. "Since you're as far from that particular dragon as they come. I can tell you that much. So don't start giving away things for free now, alright? I suspect your employer wouldn't like that."
[Double Dragons]

Does Sally hoard appreciation?
. . .
Blink blink blink. Ambrosia can practically hear the anime sound effect as her eyes open and shut rapidly several times.
". . . *do* I?" She nibbles at her lower lip, looking down, cupping her mouth in her hand, deep deep deep in introspection brought about by that question.
"O-oh and it's okay! I *am* the employer! I own this place! W-with my wife. So I promise not to be mad at myself!"

But she's still deep in thought.
"Do I? I don't think I do. I *like* giving people drinks. It *does* make me happy. Maybe the nice lady is right? dfkljdfg?"
General Shrimp

Post by General Shrimp »

Omigosh it's a cafe!

"Oh, okay!" Our mystery customer trots over to the counter with a biiig smile on her face and a happily wagging tail. It cause a bit of an unintentional sway to her movement as the tail swishing causes her to swish back and forth a bit. She puts her hands on the counter and looks up at the menu. "Omigosh, there's so many things on there." Wait, wait, Sally asked for her name, right? "Oh right, hiiiii! I'm Jess, and I'd like a- uh. I'd like a-. I'd like uhhhhhh-" Oh no, she's one of those sorts of customers.
Morty

Post by Morty »

[A Hungover Sidereal]

"A melon, huh? Wonders never cease." Hiep takes a sip of her coffee. Perhaps fate smiles upon Ber'ri, because she doesn't continue the topic. For now. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Believe it or not but I used to live in a place filled with gods. They don't need to eat or drink so they make an elaborate game of it."
Meowmai
Coffin-Bound Aged Poster

Post by Meowmai »

Mee wrote: Dec 03, 2023 12:48 am Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Ooooo oh oh oh I'm sorry!" Sally takes a half step back. She didn't mean to offend! She just . . . absolutely and utterly misunderstood. Whoopsies.

"Ooooo that makes sense!! Like Unicorns! And Dragons!" The most mythological and never before seen creat- wait, Sally, you-
"Well! I do wish you luck! That sounds like a really big task! like . . . 'how did we get here, sarge' levels of questions. And I support you finding out! You got this!!! And if you ever need a place to unwind and share the things you find, we'll be here with more hot drinks for you at any time you need 'em!"
Honk Shoo Fwend Orb

"Yeah! Like those!" Like harpies too- ah, oh no. The problems with working in such a vaguely defined section of study within the Nexus of all places is rapidly becoming apparent. "Just usually uh, more niche and uncommon."

She nods, finishing off her food and drink with a beaming smile, and a slight sparkle in her vivid pink eyes. "It sure is a lot, mhm. But thanks! This place is definitely on my list now, I'll always be glad to come back here!"
Bismark wrote:Silence, birb-wench.
Artemis
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

A young woman in her early twenties walks into the cafe. She pauses a moment in the doorway to stamp the snow from her boots. Her honey colored curls spill from under the band of her pink ear warmers, above which a small set of red horns poke out. Victoria Rock, known to her friends as Tori, is a half-fiend, as evidenced by those horns, and the pair of red-feathered wings sprouting from the back of her specially cut puffer jacket, a mark of the Erinyes bit of her heritage.

Tori stands tall and moves gracefully, except for a strange stiffness in her left wing. Something has left it broken in some way, a past injury or defect, making it stick out a bit behind her more than the folded right wing. She seems well adjusted to the injury, though, maneuvering her laptop bag over her shoulder and finding a spot at an empty table.

The half fiend orders a flatbread pizza and a green tea, and takes out her laptop to check her emails.
Felandria

Post by Felandria »

Artemis wrote: Jan 18, 2024 7:43 am A young woman in her early twenties walks into the cafe. She pauses a moment in the doorway to stamp the snow from her boots. Her honey colored curls spill from under the band of her pink ear warmers, above which a small set of red horns poke out. Victoria Rock, known to her friends as Tori, is a half-fiend, as evidenced by those horns, and the pair of red-feathered wings sprouting from the back of her specially cut puffer jacket, a mark of the Erinyes bit of her heritage.

Tori stands tall and moves gracefully, except for a strange stiffness in her left wing. Something has left it broken in some way, a past injury or defect, making it stick out a bit behind her more than the folded right wing. She seems well adjusted to the injury, though, maneuvering her laptop bag over her shoulder and finding a spot at an empty table.

The half fiend orders a flatbread pizza and a green tea, and takes out her laptop to check her emails.
Shortly after this a small hellhound puppy will run up and scramble up to her seat in an attempt to get scritches.

Ember is a very friendly little hellhound.
Artemis
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Artemis »

"Oh! Hello!" Tori exclaims when the Hellhound puppy comes up to her. Recognizing it was no normal dog, she begins speaking to Ember in Infernal. The harsh language sounds strange when joined with her obvious glee at seeing the puppy.

"Aren't you so cute! Where did you come from?" The half-fiend will scritch Ember behind the ears and look for a collar. "Are you just running around loose looking to make friends? Where's your owner?" Tori looks up and looks around the cafe, seeing if someone was watching the hellhound puppy.
Shadowcaller

Post by Shadowcaller »

Mee wrote: Dec 30, 2023 3:39 am[Double Dragons]

Does Sally hoard appreciation?
. . .
Blink blink blink. Ambrosia can practically hear the anime sound effect as her eyes open and shut rapidly several times.
". . . *do* I?" She nibbles at her lower lip, looking down, cupping her mouth in her hand, deep deep deep in introspection brought about by that question.
"O-oh and it's okay! I *am* the employer! I own this place! W-with my wife. So I promise not to be mad at myself!"

But she's still deep in thought.
"Do I? I don't think I do. I *like* giving people drinks. It *does* make me happy. Maybe the nice lady is right? dfkljdfg?"
[Double Dragons]

The scholar smiles as Sally promises not to be mad at herself and let's out a light chuckle. "I hope you don't. You seem to have high standards already so I wouldn't want you to go too hard on yourself."

She inclines her head in agreement. "But that makes sense. Since I've observed that many dragons don't often work well with authority. Or more specifically, in a subservient position. Is that something you've noticed about yourself or are you an exception in that area as well?"